Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Not impressed. Not only are her leaps low, she only hit the full split on the center leap and didn't hit 180 on either of the other leaps, her back attitude wasn't turned out on the calypso, and all of the leaps accentuate the fact that she has very short, muscular legs. And for someone who has a fair amount of leg muscle, she doesn't have much strength in her ankles and couldn't stay on releve during her turns. She ended her pirouette a quarter turn early after hopping on a flat foot for the final turn and basically fell out of her a la seconde turns - thank goodness the choreography allowed her to "hide" that. There are so many beautiful technical dancers on the team they could've had do this routine a hundred times better, why didn't they choose one of them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 10/26/2020 at 9:06 PM, cherryblossom said:

I am struggling to be excited about this season.  It will start so late. We know very little about the girls. No real teasers about girls or show.  Am I the ONLY. One in this boat?

You're not the only one. IMHO, the show jumped the shark a couple of years ago. I do not plan on watching this season. I'll get my info from here. 

• Love 10

"I think a legacy should be held to a higher standard, not the lowest of the group."  I can not agree with this more, and man did this poster hit the nail on the head. Mant times Veruca is the poorest dancer in the group, despite Kelli's efforts to portray her as a star! 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Not impressed. Not only are her leaps low, she only hit the full split on the center leap and didn't hit 180 on either of the other leaps, her back attitude wasn't turned out on the calypso, and all of the leaps accentuate the fact that she has very short, muscular legs. And for someone who has a fair amount of leg muscle, she doesn't have much strength in her ankles and couldn't stay on releve during her turns. She ended her pirouette a quarter turn early after hopping on a flat foot for the final turn and basically fell out of her a la seconde turns - thank goodness the choreography allowed her to "hide" that. There are so many beautiful technical dancers on the team they could've had do this routine a hundred times better, why didn't they choose one of them?

This is very useful to a non dancer. Who are the best technical dancers in the current group would you say? I think I remember Kelly saying “perfect mix of technique and power” about a now retired vet and from my limited knowledge of dance I reckon that quote encapsulates Amanda well! 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

This is very useful to a non dancer. Who are the best technical dancers in the current group would you say? I think I remember Kelly saying “perfect mix of technique and power” about a now retired vet and from my limited knowledge of dance I reckon that quote encapsulates Amanda well! 

Amanda, Daphne, Gina, Maddie, Amber, Erin, Jalyn, Caroline, Rachel W, Kelcey. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Did anyone else see the dancing video Caroline posted for VKs bday?  I can't tell if one of them makes a mistake a few seconds in or if VK is just adding extra pop that Caroline isn't??

Wow, that Lisa video is Not Good. Why would they post that? lmao that was not pleasing to watch, it was so blah 

Weird because as a TC I remember thinking she had a lot of power and she impressed me a lot, there...not so much

• Love 10

So...I watched the Game Day Pandemic version that was posted here the other day. But what I see as an absolute ignorant person who just loves to see people dance and does not know a thing about technique, it is not...that good..is it?

I get that's not easy on the touchdown decks and dance in a straight line but still... Knowing what the DCC were capable of not too long ago? Why do I have this gut feeling that the squad of, let's say 3,4 or 5 years ago, would have done a much better performance? Feel free to disagree, but I am just not used to seeing them not in sync, off beat, making so many mistakes etc...

• Love 17
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Amanda, Daphne, Gina, Maddie, Amber, Erin, Jalyn, Caroline, Rachel W, Kelcey. 

My list would be the exact same minus Maddie. She's a fabulous turner - her changing spot a la seconde turns in her Season 11 show group auditions were fabulous - but she doesn't have good extensions, both in terms of flexibility and her lines (knees specifically). I don't know enough about the rookies to put any of them on the list.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I have to agree...her dance style just isn't pleasant to watch (in my personal opinion).  I don't dislike her...but I don't enjoy watching her.  She is easier to watch in pom style because she does have power...I will give her that. 

9 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

IIRC, it wasn't so much that Kelli thought she was crazy for making it, but more that she felt Savannah couldn't be disappointed for not making it. She was comparing Savannah to Jalyn, because Jalyn didn't make it back to SG and Kelli said she couldn't handle it well while someone like Savannah could smile through it because she didn't have a year of experience. Haven't watched season 14 in a while though, so I may have misread or misremembered it.

Thank you ....because I didn't watch last season, so I was simply going on the vibe I picked up on here 🙂  I like Savannah, always have, because she does seem like a really nice young woman.  She does struggle a lot but, as stated above, she seems to be well liked by the team, she is quite pretty, and does a pretty good job at blending.  Is she SG material?  No...she's not...but there are a couple of others on SG who really aren't either and yet...there they are😜 

2 hours ago, perrie97 said:

If, by current group,  you mean the entire team...my humble opinion of the strongest technical dancers: Gina, Caroline, Amber, Jalyn, Amanda, Kelcey, Rachel W., Alanna, Erin...rookies:  Jada and Claire W are the ones that really stand out to me based on what little I've seen on their IG pages.  Jada has kicks that envy Holly P and Lacey and Claire...she is a total package it seems.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

My list would be the exact same minus Maddie. She's a fabulous turner - her changing spot a la seconde turns in her Season 11 show group auditions were fabulous - but she doesn't have good extensions, both in terms of flexibility and her lines (knees specifically). I don't know enough about the rookies to put any of them on the list.

I love Maddie but didn't include her either...Can she turn on a dime? Yes...is she a good dancer...yes...but it's when I've seen her in the kick line that she loses me...she looks like she is trying way too hard ...she bends her supporting leg so much and hunches forward....unless I am looking at the wrong person in the pictures I've seen 🙂   

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

She’s definitely not as flexible as the others but I really like watching her in contemporary. She’s really good at expressing herself through her body. But yes, in a ballet/lyrical/technique sense, she’s not as good as the rest I named!

I don’t know enough about the rookies but Claire looks like a superstar in all genres from Instagram! 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.......this wasn't good. She has a lot of power, that I'll give her credit for. But her leaps and turns are not good, and that's from a casual viewer's perspective. 

"Don't do shit you can't do" - Kitty Carter

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

As far as Lisa’s dance, the minute I saw she was not even wearing jazz shoes, I knew she would be in trouble as it is difficult to do turns on artificial turf.  Our son had some of his senior photos doing taekwondo moves without shoes on concrete. Not feet friendly.

When it comes to K & J cutting people, they show the office visit thinking it proves they were right to cut someone without thinking it showed them in a bad light.  Think back over cuts you have seen where the girls seem blindsided.  We don’t see K & J show the girl to refresh their mind the feedback sheets etc.  I taught nursing & we gave detailed written feedback weekly so although students often hope against hope it won’t happen, they have been given specifics, ways to improve etc.  Treat people the way you wish to be treated....Oh, isn’t that the Golden Rule?

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Opine said:

Didn't care for that.  I am not a dancer.  But, TO ME, she struggles as much here as she did with two awesome dancers.  She has to stop and position before she spins, her leaps are too low, and she all put fell in that ending.  Also, there were a couple of points that I felt really called for some pop (pulling her arms in to her waist) that she just moved through.  I see others have like this dance, but IMHO, no.  This one shouldn't have been shared.

Agreed.  All I see are these big thighs that would have gotten other girls cut a long time ago. But we all know her lips are stuck to Veruca's backside and to K/Js backside.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Agreed.  All I see are these big thighs that would have gotten other girls cut a long time ago. But we all know her lips are stuck to Veruca's backside and to K/Js backside.

Honestly I don’t think they are that close !! Looks to me Victoria is closer to tess then anyone 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Honestly I don’t think they are that close !! Looks to me Victoria is closer to tess then anyone 

I can see that. But it still doesn't mean she doesn't pucker up when needed.

4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

As far as Lisa’s dance, the minute I saw she was not even wearing jazz shoes, I knew she would be in trouble as it is difficult to do turns on artificial turf.  Our son had some of his senior photos doing taekwondo moves without shoes on concrete. Not feet friendly.

When it comes to K & J cutting people, they show the office visit thinking it proves they were right to cut someone without thinking it showed them in a bad light.  Think back over cuts you have seen where the girls seem blindsided.  We don’t see K & J show the girl to refresh their mind the feedback sheets etc.  I taught nursing & we gave detailed written feedback weekly so although students often hope against hope it won’t happen, they have been given specifics, ways to improve etc.  Treat people the way you wish to be treated....Oh, isn’t that the Golden Rule?

Oh boy....FLASHBACKS!!!!  I'm a nurse 😉 I remember my weekly feedback from my instructors!  (Even if it was 25 years ago lol 😛 )

• Love 3
On 10/27/2020 at 2:47 PM, mizzhyer said:

Ok...my dream would be to see one of the girls (Gina or Jalyn come to mind)....in the middle of Thunder...just stop dancing,  throw a finger in the air and say "Peace out you effers" and walk off the field with a full house of onlookers!  (will that happen?? heck no but I can dream) 😛 

My fantasy is a group of them just refuse to come out of the tunnel for Thunderstruck. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Wow, that Lisa video is Not Good. Why would they post that? lmao that was not pleasing to watch, it was so blah 

Weird because as a TC I remember thinking she had a lot of power and she impressed me a lot, there...not so much

She just looks really short thick and stiff. Like a gymnast trying to be precise but in the meantime has zero fluidity or gracefulness. She’s just so tight. No clue why they’d feature her. 

12 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Eh her turns are getting better but she used to jump all over the floor. Maddie has never looked to me like she finishes moves or fully extends. She’s all Dance Moms tricks and poor technique to be a dance teachers daughter. Decent showmanship but she’s never ever wowed me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Looks like Amy is also an all star I did screen shot off her insta story but it’s not letting me load it 

This is not an attack on Amy by any means, but how many times has Kelli complained about blenders and boring??? Amy just never shined in my opinion, she doesn't have that it factor I never understood... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
40 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Looks like Amy is also an all star I did screen shot off her insta story but it’s not letting me load it 

Who are the All Stars this year?

1 hour ago, TB12 said:

This is not an attack on Amy by any means, but how many times has Kelli complained about blenders and boring??? Amy just never shined in my opinion, she doesn't have that it factor I never understood... 

I think because All Stars do less dance and more appearances, they’re less bothered about technique and more on being personable. Amy seems like a sweet girl who does well on appearances with people of all ages. She’s always been a slim girl so won’t have an issue fitting into the uniform again! Plus she lives in the area still and will be able to do more daytime appearances and then run her studio on an evening.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I think because All Stars do less dance and more appearances, they’re less bothered about technique 

Amy, Emma, Lacey, Danielle, Amy T, Olivia R, Mia, Lauren, Nicole B and Nicole H, Sarah G, on and on - technique is still there.  Lot of former show group members through the years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Has anyone seen Meredith Oden’s post on DCC:MTT speak now or forever home your opinion? She’s lovely 

I don’t blame her - some stuff was ridiculous, but I don’t remember any talk about her mole???  And the made for tv stuff - not surprised knowing what I know now.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don’t blame her - some stuff was ridiculous, but I don’t remember any talk about her mole???  And the made for tv stuff - not surprised knowing what I know now.

that was my thought too....we talked about her mole for 15 pages?!?!?!  Yeah, I don't really remember anyone saying it was fake.  I always liked Meredith, but I kinda wish she would just let it be.  I know we can be snarky at times, but I think they forget that we were introduced to them on a show that judges them on EVERYTHING so of course we end up picking certain things apart too.   The thing about the note on the mirror I feel she can't get upset we talked about it bc IT WAS ON THE SHOW that we are here to discuss.  I get it, she said it was staged, but the show wanted us to see it, remember it & we did....we can't win either.  

I do feel bad when I see people sending them direct hate mail, that is creepy and just wrong.  I know for me, this is the safe place to be snarky & have a little fun with others that are into the show too.  With social media now, we can't help but see what is going on there and I think its only natural that we combine the two and form or opinions.   She also said that they would laugh in the locker-room about all the wrong 'insider' info, but during her tenure we really didn't have too many insiders, I only remember one on the old forum that came in, blew everything up & then it was all deleted pretty quickly.  Most of the insider info was way after her time...

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but that kinda annoyed me only because that is what this forum is for, to discuss the show, which includes them.  We are not an accredited source publishing unconfirmed things as facts to places outside of here.  I know it might be hard to see some of things said, but that's when you stop reading.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Has anyone seen Meredith Oden’s post on DCC:MTT speak now or forever home your opinion? She’s lovely 

No, where can I find it?

11 minutes ago, jlc said:

No, where can I find it?

I just DM it to you because I wasn't sure if I could post it here (since it is technically taken from somewhere else).

After reading it again, I still feel bad for her but I'm angry that almost every time I see this forum mentioned elsewhere, it makes it out like we are all some jealous loser that just want to talk bad & stalk them.  She says that the email she got from someone that tracked her down points her to this forum.....maybe that person came across it while trying to track her down, they might not even be a regular here.  I don't see anything wrong with us doing a little research, but contacting employers & such is just out of hand and I fell pretty confident that the majority of us here would NEVER do something like that!  Yes, on the other tread, I did a little Christina research that involved instagram which then took me to a dance studio webpage....I would never actually reach out to that studio!!  I get that there will always be creepos but it really bothers me when it is made out like this whole forum is like that

• Love 20

If Lisa’s foot positions were not so sloppy and flat footed, her routine would be infinitely better. But, she is no Lacey and she never will be. TBH, Kashara was not a fantastic technical dancer during her time either but she SELLS it better than anyone. 

I know peeps here like to throw shade on Christina, but I ❤️her. She has a brilliant smile, she’s been the underdog since day one and if I had her figure it would be bikinis for me every day all the time. Then again, I live in FL so there’s that. 

1 minute ago, Dnst1973 said:

It’s ridiculous to contact any DCC past or present attacking over shit like that. 

It’s one thing to share our opinions here. We agree and disagree. We have  passionate opinions. We’re not always nice.  (no one has to read it though)

I’m no fan of Veruca, but contacting her to be cruel is not acceptable. I feel the same about Meredith. Leave them alone. It’s toxic. 

AGREED! 👍🏻😎

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

She says that the email she got from someone that tracked her down points her to this forum.....maybe that person came across it while trying to track her down,

Remember when we were talking about Kelli Q on the former thread, and she came on because someone told her about the stuff being said, so she came on to defend herself?  My response to her was that I hoped the positive was being mentioned to her as well.  I can't remember who else said they were told about the negative stuff on here.  What kind of friends do they have who would only tell them about the bad stuff?

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I saw it. I’ve only been on this forum for a couple of years so I was cracking up about the mole thing. Sure, we can go on and on about something but 15 pages on a mole? Must have been a slow news cycle😂. I do wanna say I liked Meredith, I thought she was a great legacy, she did her mom proud. 

Edited by Trixi
Add
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

I just DM it to you because I wasn't sure if I could post it here (since it is technically taken from somewhere else).

After reading it again, I still feel bad for her but I'm angry that almost every time I see this forum mentioned elsewhere, it makes it out like we are all some jealous loser that just want to talk bad & stalk them.  She says that the email she got from someone that tracked her down points her to this forum.....maybe that person came across it while trying to track her down, they might not even be a regular here.  I don't see anything wrong with us doing a little research, but contacting employers & such is just out of hand and I fell pretty confident that the majority of us here would NEVER do something like that!  Yes, on the other tread, I did a little Christina research that involved instagram which then took me to a dance studio webpage....I would never actually reach out to that studio!!  I get that there will always be creepos but it really bothers me when it is made out like this whole forum is like that

I mentioned this elsewhere but I think it is always good to post a reminder from time to time: the Primetimer forum is the grandchild of Television Without Pity (TWOP for short). Which was created to specifically snark on TV shows. It is not - and never has been - a DCC fan site. Just the name, TWOP, should have been an obvious hint that it wasn’t going to be a DCC-sycophant-love fest. 

That being said no one should ever DM these girls or call their parents/family/friends/employers to demean or insult them. That just completely disgusts me. 

I haven’t read Merediths post yet. But I do recall that due to a personal situation at the time, I definitely had the time to dedicate to the TWOP forums. And I do not recall any discussion about the mole (perhaps that was a different forum?). However, that bathroom sign? Yeah that was discussed at length. And she was definitely raked over the coals on that one. In my own personal and unsolicited opinion, I thought then and still think now, it was in poor taste. And if it was pushed on her by the CMT:MTT production team, then shame on them. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I mentioned this elsewhere but I think it is always good to post a reminder from time to time: the Primetimer forum is the grandchild of Television Without Pity (TWOP for short). Which was created to specifically snark on TV shows. It is not - and never has been - a DCC fan site. Just the name, TWOP, should have been an obvious hint that it wasn’t going to be a DCC-sycophant-love fest. 

That being said no one should ever DM these girls or call their parents/family/friends/employers to demean or insult them. That just completely disgusts me. 

I haven’t read Merediths post yet. But I do recall that due to a personal situation at the time, I definitely had the time to dedicate to the TWOP forums. And I do not recall any discussion about the mole (perhaps that was a different forum?). However, that bathroom sign? Yeah that was discussed at length. And she was definitely raked over the coals on that one. In my own personal and unsolicited opinion, I thought then and still think now, it was in poor taste. And if it was pushed on her by the CMT:MTT production team, then shame on them. 

#recipegate was also discussed

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

#recipegate was also discussed

Lol. Omg. Totally forgot about that. 😂 I never really got wound up about that...I like to say I steal all my recipes from Martha Stewart but honestly I’m more of a Sandra Lee girl. She say anything about the comments made when she referred to her an her husband as diplomats in Season 13?

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amy, Emma, Lacey, Danielle, Amy T, Olivia R, Mia, Lauren, Nicole B and Nicole H, Sarah G, on and on - technique is still there.  Lot of former show group members through the years.

Do u know who the current All Stars are? I’m always so interested in them but can never really find out much about them. Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Do u know who the current All Stars are? I’m always so interested in them but can never really find out much about them. Thanks. 

So far I've just seen Danielle and Amy say something.  Khalyn said she wanted to be one still.

Have we tagged @ShellyB on it lately:)

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So far I've just seen Danielle and Amy say something.  Khalyn said she wanted to be one still.

Yes and she just confirmed there would be all stars but no names

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I did earlier and she confirmed there wud b All Stars but not who they were🤷🏼‍♀️

lol sorry I didn’t see @Jesiklyn respond😘

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 1