Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Has Rachel A. been given the respect to get the weight off? Inquiring minds want to know.

Apparently so, because she’s out there dancing in all her glory at every game, right?!  Only posters on this forum are pointing out her weight and calling her thick, not the organization.   

Edited by BossKeyBlessed
Punctuation
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Victoria looks great.  If she was crash dieting, she wouldn’t be able to maintain this healthy looking weight this and last season like she has.  As painful as it seems for some...sometimes you gotta give credit where credit is due.   

Did Meredith Oden get this much hate? Cassie is the queen of it and Victoria is the Duchess. It just seems like the legacies get more than their fair share. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Has Rachel A. been given the respect to get the weight off? Inquiring minds want to know.

Maybe they are extending extra grace to get the quarantine snack weight off. I still think she looks beautiful and she's one of my favorites. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Maybe they are extending extra grace to get the quarantine snack weight off. I still think she looks beautiful and she's one of my favorites. 

She is one of mine to 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Did Meredith Oden get this much hate? Cassie is the queen of it and Victoria is the Duchess. It just seems like the legacies get more than their fair share. 

Of the legacies that made the team, ONLY Cassie and Victoria have/had ties directly to someone who was working in/with the organization who were also directly involved in the decision making process of who made the team.  No other girl, legacy or otherwise, has had that type of connection.  Dayton is a legacy who could be considered to be connected to someone who works in the organization, but that person doesn't have input into who makes the squad (and Dayton didn't make the squad).  Some would say Cassie didn't either, but Judy is/was Kelli's right-right hand at the time Cassie made the squad and, as far as we know, at that time, Judy had input into who made the squad.  

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 21
50 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Apparently so, because she’s out there dancing in all her glory at every game, right?!  Only posters on this forum are pointing out her weight and calling her thick, not the organization.   

I'm glad to hear the organizations doesn't think so, but at that same time, I think its the organization that has given us the idea that that is 'thick' by DCC standards.  I thought Rachel is one of the girls we basically saw K & J say she is 'thick' but doesn't jiggle.  Not a single one of these girls is overweight, but over the years, I feel they have pointed out many girls that are 'thick'.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I think we were all too focused on that sad, sad post-it on her mirror about food.  Someone on here has a meme for it but I can't remember who.

I don't think Meredith's mom was super involved with the organization, either, at least not like Shelly, Judy and TK anyway, so that takes away implied bias too.  Tho I do think Dayton, VK and Cassie could have made the squad on their own merit with tweaks on timing.  All of them had some maturing to do in various ways from their first audition and/or camp, but VK was fine by year two (tho NOT to be on SG) and Cassie got there through the season.

I think Cassie could have benefitted from a year on a different dance team first since she had the cheer/tumbling background, and those gals always seem to struggle with converting (Ashley Pro, Shelby.)  She needed stamina and polish, but she pulled it together.  VK rightfully didn't make it year one (host of problems,) same with Dayton (not enough power, time management, memory issues,) and Cassie again could have used a year but grew into it during the season.  Cassie year one IMO is like a Breelan, Morgan, Emily, Jordan Chanley, Kat or even Savvy where they make the squad without being perfect on the prayer they get better quick.  There's at least a couple every season with mixed results on who makes it back year two.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

I'm glad to hear the organizations doesn't think so, but at that same time, I think its the organization that has given us the idea that that is 'thick' by DCC standards.  I thought Rachel is one of the girls we basically saw K & J say she is 'thick' but doesn't jiggle.  Not a single one of these girls is overweight, but over the years, I feel they have pointed out many girls that are 'thick'.

I don’t have a clue what the organization  “thinks”.  Maybe they ARE mentioning it privately to her and giving her the “respect” of time to get it off.  I’m just pointing out that people get all upset when a single poster mentions someone is “thick” based on “DCC standards”...then the forum blows up mad at the DCC for their so-called “standards”.  Yet, the only ones saying she’s thick are the same people complaining there are any standards.  Meanwhile...TPTB of DCC have not cut or benched the girl the poster is saying is thick.  It’s just a strange forum phenomenon how one comment gets worked up on here as a fact.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

I don’t have a clue what the organization  “thinks”.  Maybe they ARE mentioning it privately to her and giving her the “respect” of time to get it off.  I’m just pointing out that people get all upset when a single poster mentions someone is “thick” based on “DCC standards”...then the forum blows up mad at the DCC for their so-called “standards”.  Yet, the only ones saying she’s thick are the same people complaining there are any standards.  Meanwhile...TPTB of DCC have not cut or benched the girl the poster is saying is thick.  It’s just a strange forum phenomenon how one comment gets worked up on here as a fact.  

I'm sorry, I misread 'Only posters on this forum are pointing out her weight and calling her thick, not the organization' as they don't think she is thick. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

I think its the organization that has given us the idea that that is 'thick' by DCC standards.

Right???  We are talking about an organization where the size "Large" in the uniform is a 6!! (from what I recall, XS=0, S=2, M=4, L=6)

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, madmax84 said:

I've been back to the gym for two months now after waiting for the weather to get cooler. I've been wearing a mask for exercising, even when running. Masks have been proven not to restrict airflow otherwise surgeons wouldn't be wearing one for 13 hour surgeries. These girls just need a mask made for exercising. I love the ones I bought from Athleta and they're made specifically for working out.

Surgeons aren’t breathing as heavily as athletes. The Australian government has recommended not to wear masks while exercising. Using one specifically made for exercising might make it more doable, I didn’t realise they existed. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Right???  We are talking about an organization where the size "Large" in the uniform is a 6!! (from what I recall, XS=0, S=2, M=4, L=6)

Good God. I didn't realize that we knew which numeric sizes corresponded to uniform sizes, but that really puts things into perspective. Those ladies are tiny!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

I agree! I love her short hair, it makes her stand out. I don't see her as "thick" but more as athletic. 

r.PNG

rr.PNG

Thank you for posting these pictures because there is, regardless of whether Rachel is too thick or not thick at all, definitely a difference between the pictures you posted and the picture that started the discussions.

24690958-0D54-4511-9443-1F33BB12FA79.jpeg.d763e33cb3e40c177ea623fb95f66116.jpeg

I personally think Rachel looks beautiful when she joined the team and I think that Rachel looks beautiful now. I do not think Daphne or Gina look their best with their current respective weights.

Having said this, I believe that Kelli will look at Rachel, and will have something to say about it. This is not the same as calling Rachel A out for being thick.

Rachel looks fine and I want her as long as possible on the team.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Surgeons aren’t breathing as heavily as athletes. The Australian government has recommended not to wear masks while exercising. Using one specifically made for exercising might make it more doable, I didn’t realise they existed. 

Just to be clear they have said you don't have to wear one while exercising and yes there is more exertion when you're exercising. But they have specifically said that if you are able to still wear one while exercising then you absolutely should. I don't know about your area but many (possibly even most) people in my area are still wearing them while exercising.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, kalibean said:

I don't think Meredith's mom was super involved with the organization, either, at least not like Shelly, Judy and TK anyway, so that takes away implied bias too.  Tho I do think Dayton, VK and Cassie could have made the squad on their own merit with tweaks on timing.  All of them had some maturing to do in various ways from their first audition and/or camp, but VK was fine by year two (tho NOT to be on SG) and Cassie got there through the season.

I think Cassie could have benefitted from a year on a different dance team first since she had the cheer/tumbling background, and those gals always seem to struggle with converting (Ashley Pro, Shelby.)  She needed stamina and polish, but she pulled it together.  VK rightfully didn't make it year one (host of problems,) same with Dayton (not enough power, time management, memory issues,) and Cassie again could have used a year but grew into it during the season.  Cassie year one IMO is like a Breelan, Morgan, Emily, Jordan Chanley, Kat or even Savvy where they make the squad without being perfect on the prayer they get better quick.  There's at least a couple every season with mixed results on who makes it back year two.

I seem to remember that Meredith's mom was/is involved to some degree, but not in any role that has input into who makes the squad.  Shelly doesn't either.  She's more involved then Meredith's mom, but, again, not in a role that has input into who makes the squad.  While all three girls might have had some maturing to do, Dayton had improved measurably in the maturity department between her first audition and her second, but Kelli seemed to REALLY hate the fact that she was even there, much less in Training Camp.

I totally agree that Cassie could have used at least one year, possibly two, on another team, especially one that's dance-heavy, and she would have proved to EVERYONE that she deserved to be on the DCC.  If she had gone off to another pro squad for a couple of years, then come in and blown everyone out of the water, no one could argue that she deserved the honors she got afterwards.  While both Victoria and Dayton may have had issues, any one of Victoria's issues her first year would have knocked another girl out much sooner and the lies would have gotten said girl blacklisted, never to make the squad, yet she not only makes Training Camp the next year, but the squad AND Show Group (she at least should not have made Show Group).  Dayton was late ONE time through an issue she couldn't have foreseen, though she could have left sooner knowing traffic in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  If Dayton was late multiple other times, then I'd say she has a time management issue.  However, ONE time should have gotten a reprimand and left alone after that.  As for the rest of the issues, how many other girls had power issues and memory issues, but made the squad?  If Dayton had been given the opportunity to have at least one year on the squad, she would have improved beyond all doubt and been a star DCC.  I still think Kelli did NOT want Dayton on the squad and was doing everything in her power to keep her OFF the squad.

12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Cassie didn't have the let's all be BFFs personality, but I think she carried her weight when she was on the team. 

While Cassie was at best a blender, I think she rested on the fact that no one was going to be allowed to cut her because of who her mom was and the fact that many of the judges have watched her grow up.  Thus, she got away with more then the other girls and caused more problems.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

37 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Not breathing as heavily as a surgeon?  I take it you've never been in a surgery when you're trying to resuscitate a patient that is bleeding out.   I've never moved so fast in my life. 

Clearly im referring to it in general, that completing surgery is not considered vigorous intensity exercise for the most part. I‘m obviously not saying it doesn’t require exertion. I  haven’t seen anyone in my area wearing masks to go for runs, and it’s not mandated.in saying that, we have a government who locked us down early so the virus has gone down to minimal transmission. my point was simply that it isn’t necessarily fair to assume VK has low stamina just because she needed a break from her mask when plenty of athletes wouldn’t be comfortable and would feel a bit suffocated. That was all. 

Edited by perrie97
  • Love 2
Just now, RedDelicious said:

I think it means Charm choreographed for the people in parentheses. I did a double take too!

I think they were commenting on spelling her name wrong  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Was looking through the Game pictures from Monday Night and noticed a few things. I think Maddie, Gina, Chandi, and Kelcey had great pictures. The jumping picture was a cool action shot that I hadn't seen before. HOWEVER, although Savannah looks really good in her solo picture the picture is obviously edited in multiple ways. They made the blue in the uniform and mask a more vibrant blue than the other pictures which makes the mask look edited on. The part that bothers me about the picture is there are three obviously edited on mask in the crowd behind her (woman in pink on the right in the front row, the man immediately beside her on the left of the picture, and the person in a #21 jersey by the stairs railing).  

**Side Note** something looks off in the kick picture

Savannah - week 6 (2020).jpg

Edited by meg.r
  • Useful 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, meg.r said:

Was looking through the Game pictures from Monday Night and noticed a few things. I think Maddie, Gina, Chandi, and Kelcey had great pictures. The jumping picture was a cool action shot that I hadn't seen before. HOWEVER, although Savannah looks really good in her solo picture the picture is obviously edited in multiple ways. They made the blue in the uniform and mask a more vibrant blue than the other pictures which makes the mask look edited on. The part that bothers me about the picture is there are three obviously edited on mask in the crowd behind her (woman in pink on the right in the front row, the man immediately beside her on the left of the picture, and the person in a #21 jersey by the stairs railing).  

Looks like they did it with a black sharpie marker 

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Thank you for posting these pictures because there is, regardless of whether Rachel is too thick or not thick at all, definitely a difference between the pictures you posted and the picture that started the discussions.

24690958-0D54-4511-9443-1F33BB12FA79.jpeg.d763e33cb3e40c177ea623fb95f66116.jpeg

I personally think Rachel looks beautiful when she joined the team and I think that Rachel looks beautiful now. I do not think Daphne or Gina look their best with their current respective weights.

Having said this, I believe that Kelli will look at Rachel, and will have something to say about it. This is not the same as calling Rachel A out for being thick.

Rachel looks fine and I want her as long as possible on the team.

I think she has a womanly figure, which is not at all a bad thing. I tend to look at the uniform and how it fits when it comes to weight. There doesn't seem to be any "overflow". I think much of it is the background of the photo and the angle which tends to widen her. 

The two I worry about in terms of being too thin are Gina and Daphne. I have never gotten over that swimsuit photo of Daphne that they posted and then deleted when the commenters on it were horrified.

IMG_2501.JPG.839be980dc39e1452c9a9b864c8b4a21.jpg

• Useful 3

I know I’m gonna get hate for this - 

yes Daphne is slim but if you look on her insta at her old college pictures she was just as slim then, but some of UCLA Pom uniforms are dresses so it wasn’t as obvious. Daphne works out a lot and takes care of her body, she posted a lot during the off season of her in the gym working with a PT along with other DCCs I think one was Amanda? Or Kelcey. Fed up of people saying Daphne needs to eat a sandwhich or something because she does eat but her exercise regimes most likely massively exceeds her calorie intake. Although me making this statement I understand people will compare it to Jinelle, will have been a different diet the photo comparison above I think Daphne looks fab in the picture on the right.

Gina is known for editing her photos to slim herself down. 

have you all seen during the show while waiting to see if someone’s cut the girls sometimes have food in their hands and eating? Can’t be healthy to eat that late although they really get much time too otherwise 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, meg.r said:

Where can we find the photos mentioned?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, meg.r said:

Maybe it's because we can't see her waistline properly but I just feel like this is a really unflattering photo. I had to say it but she appears heavy to me when she usually looks fine, I think its the pom placement similar to Rachel's picture.

In the kick photo it looks like someone is either kicking really badly or the wrong direction/angle

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

Maybe it's because we can't see her waistline properly but I just feel like this is a really unflattering photo. I had to say it but she appears heavy to me when she usually looks fine, I think its the pom placement similar to Rachel's picture.

In the kick photo it looks like someone is either kicking really badly or the wrong direction/angle

I feel like the fourth girl down is just a smidge late, along with a girl further down. I also noticed that some of the girls are on releve and others are flat footed - anyone know if the DCC stick to one technique or the other for single kicks?

• Love 1