Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

40 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

He’s probably just a blender on that show 😉.

But does he have "Disney Princess" hair??? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Laugh 17

13 hours ago, Monique said:

When I saw that Gina was one of the very few DCC bridesmaids of Miranda I knew she had to be a good person. Miranda always came off to me as the most genuine and kindhearted of the DCC.  

Miranda has 4 DCC bridesmaids- Caroline, Lexie and Molly as well (although molly and Lexie were “bridal party” members or something). And I agree Miranda seems lovely, and I like her raising awareness of important issues on instagram, in a similar vein to Hannah.  

• Like 10

Whew--I worked so hard to get caught up on 8 million forum pages, and then I come back a week later and I had so much more catching up to do! Feeling accomplished for getting through it all.

Regarding that census video and multiple posters' surprise at Briana's appearance and how different she looked. I really don't want to go back to find the video in the original post here, but I have a theory: That doesn't look like Briana because...it's not Briana. I think it's Sydney, who does look kind of like Malena. As others point out, the woman in the video looks darker, taller, has more almond shaped eyes, and a differently shaped face. Again, I think all that's because it's not Bri.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, Trixi said:

VK has point written all over. Nothing can stop it. 

Oh it’s going to happen. As long as she can stay in halfway decent shape she’ll be there at least The first half.

hinestly I think she’s improved a ton and looks great this year. If they’d just stopped trying to make fetch happen and let us organically like her there would be no problem

1 minute ago, M1977G said:

Whew--I worked so hard to get caught up on 8 million forum pages, and then I come back a week later and I had so much more catching up to do! Feeling accomplished for getting through it all.

Regarding that census video and multiple posters' surprise at Briana's appearance and how different she looked. I really don't want to go back to find the video in the original post here, but I have a theory: That doesn't look like Briana because...it's not Briana. I think it's Sydney, who does look kind of like Malena. As others point out, the woman in the video looks darker, taller, has more almond shaped eyes, and a differently shaped face. Again, I think all that's because it's not Bri.

It’s Bri with a dif hairline and some botox to the forehead and eyes. 

• Like 6

Well, whew again! I had to go back and watch and expand the video window to the whole screen to believe it was Bri. Her Botox eyebrows are kind of devastating in how much they change her gorgeous face. She is so freaking beautiful that I can't understand wanting to make herself look like someone else. But, I rarely understand that choice in young or beautiful people, even as I also know that I don't have to understand--folks can do what they want with their bodies, of course, but Bridget didn't need fillers and neither does Bri, and neither looked prettier to me with the injections. 

• Like 4

On 10/6/2020 at 5:31 AM, Weeklydcc said:

I think they're for breast cancer awareness month.  The pink is very subtle because they look silvery white.  I assume in November they go back to the regular poms.

Thanks for the info. For a good cause, I'll tolerate them. :-)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

No he was a homicide detective but recently got promoted 

Thank God!! For a second, I thought someone recognized him as being a suspect of some kind.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 14

3 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

Thank God!! For a second, I thought someone recognized him as being a suspect of some kind.

LOL, Hush! ::whispers:: That is the plotline for NEXT season!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

But does he have "Disney Princess" hair??? 🤣

ha, kashara said she was like a “disney princess” her rookie season, and i feel like i’ve seen people online repeat that about her looks so it’s stuck in my head about her

i wish i had her hair tbh

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

ha, kashara said she was like a “disney princess” her rookie season, and i feel like i’ve seen people online repeat that about her looks so it’s stuck in my head about her

i wish i had her hair tbh

Didn't she work as a Disney Princess?  I know Jasmine did (dancing on a disney cruise) but I was thinking she did as well.  Maybe not dancing on a cruise but some kind of princess.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:17 AM, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

02D479AB-88F4-474C-B301-438AB0234EF7.jpeg

DE7EB981-60ED-46D9-8431-9A991405CE02.jpeg Just to add to my post above about other teams girls dancing on the drum decks etc

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but did anyone notice that DCC Hannah liked this?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

1 minute ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but did anyone notice that DCC Hannah liked this?

Yeah a lot of girl follow diffrent squads 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

13 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Oh it’s going to happen. As long as she can stay in halfway decent shape she’ll be there at least The first half.

hinestly I think she’s improved a ton and looks great this year. If they’d just stopped trying to make fetch happen and let us organically like her there would be no problem

It’s Bri with a dif hairline and some botox to the forehead and eyes. 

By different hairline, do you mean she now has a bang? Because Brianna doesn’t have a wig like Kat and Ashlee-not that any choice is wrong. She has extensions. Theres no way for her to change her hairline. That’s her real hair on top...

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Speaking of Kelli and the toxicity of her management style, Ifound this video really interesting. One of my all-time favorite dancers is Kathryn Morgan, a former soloist with both NYC & Miami. She took 8 years off because of her thyroid, got back into a professional company last year, and announced officially today that she has quit Miami. The primary reason was toxic management and choosing her own health over false promises. I was watching it and wanting every DCC/TCC/ dancer to see it. I hope you enjoy it, especially around minute 19.: 

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

On 10/7/2020 at 6:01 PM, Mabinogia said:

I covet her hair! 

I often wonder, I know it's a big deal to be point and all that, but I wonder how many of them really want to be. It's more work, more pressure, and for what? Being a DCC isn't really a long term career for most. It's murder on the body, maintaining the weight you had when you were 18, 19, 20 isn't healthy and it doesn't pay that well. I suppose "team leader" might look good on their resume. 

I don't know what kind of jobs those ladies have, but if you work a typical office job it might be hard to dedicate the time needed to be a group leader.  I know that they've said on the show before that group leaders lead practices with their groups and if needed, meet up with any rookies in their group that are struggling.  

• Like 8

9 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

By different hairline, do you mean she now has a bang? Because Brianna doesn’t have a wig like Kat and Ashlee-not that any choice is wrong. She has extensions. Theres no way for her to change her hairline. That’s her real hair on top...

Really does Ashlee wear a wig? I never noticed, it’s a bit more obvious on Kat. Is there any pics of Ashlee with her natural hair 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KickYourNose said:

Speaking of Kelli and the toxicity of her management style, Ifound this video really interesting. One of my all-time favorite dancers is Kathryn Morgan, a former soloist with both NYC & Miami. She took 8 years off because of her thyroid, got back into a professional company last year, and announced officially today that she has quit Miami. The primary reason was toxic management and choosing her own health over false promises. I was watching it and wanting every DCC/TCC/ dancer to see it. I hope you enjoy it, especially around minute 19.: 

She and Misty Copeland are my two favorite ballerinas.  This story made me cry...especially at the end when she breaks down.  As someone who has struggled with thyroid issues, I understand what she's gone thru.  I am so happy she made the decision she did to leave and I wish her nothing but the best in her future endeavors!! (Kathryn Morgan and Friends ...I hope it takes off!!)

• Like 13

13 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Really does Ashlee wear a wig? I never noticed, it’s a bit more obvious on Kat. Is there any pics of Ashlee with her natural hair 

Ashlee wears a lace front wig. It looks really natural on her. Bri normally flat irons her hair and wears a few extensions in the back. If she switched over to a wig, I wouldn't blame her. All that heat is horrible for natural hair. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

58 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Ashlee wears a lace front wig. It looks really natural on her. Bri normally flat irons her hair and wears a few extensions in the back. If she switched over to a wig, I wouldn't blame her. All that heat is horrible for natural hair. 

This is the hair stylists post about Briana, she says it is a traditional install which means a weave instead of a wig but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is her natural hair straightened, but more like a wig/extensions that are sewn ont. I am not black and not an expert so if I'm wrong someone please correct me. 

I think Briana just usually wears a lot less makeup than they put on her during cameos so thats why she looks different in that video 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KellyKapowski said:

I can not believe Gina is that far back in the triangle 😮😲 talent doesn't count for as much as it should with Kelli and Judy 😡

She is in the the traingle for the first part. Besides, being a talented dancer isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to DCC so. Be glad she in it for a part of TS lol

• Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

This is the hair stylists post about Briana, she says it is a traditional install which means a weave instead of a wig but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is her natural hair straightened, but more like a wig/extensions that are sewn ont. I am not black and not an expert so if I'm wrong someone please correct me. 

I think Briana just usually wears a lot less makeup than they put on her during cameos so thats why she looks different in that video 🤷‍♀️ 

Hey! a traditional sew in is usually the perimeter of her hair + a section up top (usually called leave-out) is left out to cover the tracks. Her hair is braided and the extensions are sewn onto the braids which can be covered with a net to prevent excess tension that will pull her hair out. Traditional installs are pretty good, as long as there isn't much heat being put on the leave out which can cause it to get ate up and broken off. 😇

also yea, Bri usually wears little to no makeup usually, but during cameos I've noticed she wears a lot more makeup. I can relate because on picture day for my team, I usually have a full beat, but regular game days and what not I really don't wear foundation and just opt for a natural kind of look.

• Like 12
  • Useful 9

I just saw this - it's really nothing at all but I need to see what you guys thought of this.image.thumb.png.c8e6d44ef542c14a15c736922da877fa.pngSo we have Caroline's spotlight, where she is in the 'signature' pose, which we have seen before as it is her cameo. This is the same with Victoria.image.thumb.png.e78fecb0cc80e6934475e8b05646d0dc.png. I've never seen this cameo picture of Erin. Does anyone else think these may be the new cameos or am I just making things up?

• Useful 4

3 hours ago, Lona said:

Hey guys! I suggest heading over to the "Making the Team" instagram page.

CMT posted a pic of K&J and asked "How FABULOUS do Kelli and Judy look in their masks?!"

Without missing a single beat, the first response is "You should ask Hannah and Brennan"

🤣😂🤣😂

I guess I am the only that didnt found it funny but hey, I am also the only one that can actually get why Brennan got cut 🙈

(Gonna hide again)

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Sara 1 said:

I just saw this - it's really nothing at all but I need to see what you guys thought of this.image.thumb.png.c8e6d44ef542c14a15c736922da877fa.pngSo we have Caroline's spotlight, where she is in the 'signature' pose, which we have seen before as it is her cameo. This is the same with Victoria.image.thumb.png.e78fecb0cc80e6934475e8b05646d0dc.png. I've never seen this cameo picture of Erin. Does anyone else think these may be the new cameos or am I just making things up?

That is Erins full body photo of the photo they she used as her Twitter picture. Rachel W for example has that too

• Useful 1

10 hours ago, loveaux said:

Hey! a traditional sew in is usually the perimeter of her hair + a section up top (usually called leave-out) is left out to cover the tracks. Her hair is braided and the extensions are sewn onto the braids which can be covered with a net to prevent excess tension that will pull her hair out. Traditional installs are pretty good, as long as there isn't much heat being put on the leave out which can cause it to get ate up and broken off. 😇

also yea, Bri usually wears little to no makeup usually, but during cameos I've noticed she wears a lot more makeup. I can relate because on picture day for my team, I usually have a full beat, but regular game days and what not I really don't wear foundation and just opt for a natural kind of look.

so former TN-Brianna is (coming} back? I figured she would be ready to retire given she came in with a few professional seasons already. And last year's auditions, she seem to lose a little of her stamina. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sATL said:

so former TN-Brianna is (coming} back? I figured she would be ready to retire given she came in with a few professional seasons already. And last year's auditions, she seem to lose a little of her stamina. 

If you mean Briana Baisden, she came back and made the team (3rd year vet now) I think she is around 30yo now so I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to retire after this season

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

If you mean Briana Baisden, she came back and made the team (3rd year vet now) I think she is around 30yo now so I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to retire after this season

yes. I'm doing fair keeping up with first names.. last names slip my mind - if I ever knew it in the first place...

usually is a personal fact or two that helps me remember who is who. In Briana's case, I had several trips during the time she was auditioning (the season she didn't make it and the next one) where I would pass very closely by the TN Titans Nissan stadium in Nashville.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3

ok.. here I go with my annual question.. As I see now we are on page 113..

Is there ONE link within the entire DCC forum, we can go to find out who retired , made it and who didn't come back from the 2019 squad ? Baically like a cheat-sheet 😀

This is week 5 of the NFL. While yes - the show isn't airing until next month ( prayerfully) , it would be nice to have quicker way to find out basic information to keep from re-hashing info, when someone has a question, about a particular dancer, who might have been discussed 50 pages ago .  

Edited by sATL
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is there ONE link within the entire DCC forum, we can go to find out who retired , made it and who didn't come back from the 2019 squad ? Baically like a cheat-sheet 😀

This is week 5 of the NFL. While yes - the show isn't airing until next month ( prayerfully) , it would be nice to have quicker way to find out basic information to keep from re-hashing info, when someone has a question, about a particular dancer, who might have been discussed 50 pages ago .  

If you have any questions you can always dm me !!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, sATL said:

First page on this very same topic for the rookies and the following website for the cut/retired cheerleaders:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders:_Making_the_Team

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

First page on this very same topic for the rookies and the following website for the cut/retired cheerleaders:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders:_Making_the_Team

7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

If you have any questions you can always dm me !!

Thanks to you both !!!!

Apologies for not keeping up...  I didn't want to hold up the current discussions by asking basic old-news questions. !!!

1 hour ago, sATL said:

Returning vets (4 cuts)

cttc4.PNG

Retired vets

gtreqfwd.PNG

Current new squad

DCC2020.PNG.24a6064d6182cd2e3826cd5af4cbb495.PNG

Groups

Groups.PNG.48ffa60983495ae0e50a79c26eb14d05.PNG

Edited by AYTOfan
  • Like 15

32 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Returning vets (4 cuts)

cttc4.PNG

Retired vets

gtreqfwd.PNG

Current new squad

DCC2020.PNG.24a6064d6182cd2e3826cd5af4cbb495.PNG

Groups

Groups.PNG.48ffa60983495ae0e50a79c26eb14d05.PNG

Why do some have 8 and some have 10?

32 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Retired vets

gtreqfwd.PNG

Why did Taylor P retire after just 1 season? 

1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

Everybody's favorite girl.😅  Sorry if this is a repost.  I didn't see it.

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/kelli-finglass/

The facial expressions ! image.png.4f410f5d1be315f920356692e0049f0d.png

Is VK's mom in this dance, too ?

As it pains me to say this - I missed the kickline...dance seemed to be "missing" something..

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

Everybody's favorite girl.😅  Sorry if this is a repost.  I didn't see it.

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/kelli-finglass/

“If I can’t meet Kelli McGonagill Finglass’ standards, then I need to push harder.”
...or kiss more ass. Whichever works best for you.

"Jerry Jones himself hired Kelli Finglass, and if that doesn’t say much, I don’t know what will."
Did they not see last weeks game? This sentence doesn't mean what it used to. 😂

"Well, that was not the case for Kelli Finglass. She is the first cheerleader in DCC history who didn’t have to re-audition for a fifth season. That’s impressive."
I'm shocked this hasn't happened yet in Kelli's tenure... but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in the near future.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

22 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

“If I can’t meet Kelli McGonagill Finglass’ standards, then I need to push harder.”
...or kiss more ass. Whichever works best for you.

"Jerry Jones himself hired Kelli Finglass, and if that doesn’t say much, I don’t know what will."
Did they not see last weeks game? This sentence doesn't mean what it used to. 😂

"Well, that was not the case for Kelli Finglass. She is the first cheerleader in DCC history who didn’t have to re-audition for a fifth season. That’s impressive."
I'm shocked this hasn't happened yet in Kelli's tenure... but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in the near future.

Who said this?

34 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

There has got to be more to this old back story.  No one prior to Kelli or before Kelli took over as director had 5+ years or could dance equal to or better than ? 

I'm not putting down her dance skills, but surely there has got to be others in the world...

Or maybe she was the 1st one who didn't have to go through 1st & 2nd round (the way it is today).. 

I would think fellow squad mates during the time would be a little pissed... under the "2 sets of rules" clause.. I mean for someone to just show up the 1st day of training camp, after spending all spring eating lettuce and dancing until blisters...

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

It hasn't happened since Kelli and, from what I remember hearing, she's going to MAKE sure it never happens again, even for Victoria.  After all, Kelli wants to be the ONLY one with the honor of being able to actually walk onto the squad without having to go through auditions and not have to worry about being cut in Training Camp that year.

5 minutes ago, sATL said:

There has got to be more to this old back story.  No one prior to Kelli or before Kelli took over as director had 5+ years or could dance equal to or better than ? 

I'm not putting down her dance skills, but surely there has got to be others in the world...

Or maybe she was the 1st one who didn't have to go through 1st & 2nd round (the way it is today).. 

I would think fellow squad mates during the time would be a little pissed... under the "2 sets of rules" clause.. I mean for someone to just show up the 1st day of training camp..

I'm sure that there's more to the back story of why she just got to walk onto the squad.  The only thing I can remember (and I'm not even sure it's correct) was that a lot of girls left that year and Kelli was promised she wouldn't have to audition or worry about being cut if she stayed one last year.  How true that is, I don't know. I'm sure Kelli would tell the story as that she was SO good that the director said she wouldn't have to re-audition because of it.  I wouldn't be surprised if other girls were upset that Kelli didn't have to audition because, depending on the facts of the story, she was given something that was never offered to others before or since (and is something that Kelli will likely NEVER offer anyone as long as she's the director).  As for dance skills/abilities, I doubt Kelli was the best one on the squad at that time or even close to it.  She was likely one of the better girls and is definitely a performer, but the best one out there that year, especially among the girls that were leaving or the girls coming in?  I don't think so.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Briana is a favorite of mine. I'm glad she's back this year!

• Like 11