Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm sure that there's more to the back story of why she just got to walk onto the squad.  The only thing I can remember (and I'm not even sure it's correct) was that a lot of girls left that year and Kelli was promised she wouldn't have to audition or worry about being cut if she stayed one last year.

Ten vets and 25 rookies, so I think that's why Kelli was promised a spot by Suzanne.

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_1988_-_89

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It hasn't happened since Kelli and, from what I remember hearing, she's going to MAKE sure it never happens again, even for Victoria.  After all, Kelli wants to be the ONLY one with the honor of being able to actually walk onto the squad without having to go through auditions and not have to worry about being cut in Training Camp that year.

I'm sure that there's more to the back story of why she just got to walk onto the squad.  The only thing I can remember (and I'm not even sure it's correct) was that a lot of girls left that year and Kelli was promised she wouldn't have to audition or worry about being cut if she stayed one last year.  How true that is, I don't know. I'm sure Kelli would tell the story as that she was SO good that the director said she wouldn't have to re-audition because of it.  I wouldn't be surprised if other girls were upset that Kelli didn't have to audition because, depending on the facts of the story, she was given something that was never offered to others before or since (and is something that Kelli will likely NEVER offer anyone as long as she's the director).  As for dance skills/abilities, I doubt Kelli was the best one on the squad at that time or even close to it.  She was likely one of the better girls and is definitely a performer, but the best one out there that year, especially among the girls that were leaving or the girls coming in?  I don't think so.

Regina Tucker didn't have to audition for her 7th season back in the 90s.  I'm not sure why, but she had on street clothes when they said "welcome back" while calling out the names of the veterans and TCC who made it to training camp.  Kelli mentioned that Regina didn't have to try out.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ten vets and 25 rookies, so I think that's why Kelli was promised a spot by Suzanne.

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_1988_-_89

 

So interesting to see how it was back then

1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Does anyone know, possibly @ShellyB, if there are All Stars this year?  If so, who they are? Thanks

I have no idea, if they are, will Emma be a All Star again? 😂😂 she should have been credited as a 5th year vet anyways as she joined the team for almost the whole 2016-2017 season 😂

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I’m actually gutted I can’t read this article. It doesn’t let you if you’re not in US 😭

Send me you email and I'll be happy to cut and paste it for you.  Private message of course.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

So interesting to see how it was back then

I have no idea, if they are, will Emma be a All Star again? 😂😂 she should have been credited as a 5th year vet anyways as she joined the team for almost the whole 2016-2017 season 😂

Emma is the OG of the DCC😁

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Do we have to wait for the show to find out if Melissa R and/or Kashara helped with TCC in the bubble ?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

Do we have to wait for the show to find out if Melissa R and/or Kashara helped with TCC in the bubble ?

Kash was there from the start melissa virtual 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Regina Tucker didn't have to audition for her 7th season back in the 90s.  I'm not sure why, but she had on street clothes when they said "welcome back" while calling out the names of the veterans and TCC who made it to training camp.  Kelli mentioned that Regina didn't have to try out.

That's good to know.  From the way Kelli tells it, she was the ONLY one who ever had that honor and I didn't know where to look to confirm that.  I guess Kelli WISHES she was the only one and doesn't promote the knowledge that Regina Tucker didn't have to audition either.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What's GOAT or OG?

Greatest Of All Time -- normally used for someone who has set records or reached a high level already and still is going on after most would have retired (or passed).. like Tom Brady 

Old Gang / Original Gangster ...kinda like a old school, by the book, or defined what should be/could be in the book, person.. set the trend that others have tried to copy or sample.. For example if Michal Jackson was still alive, doing music videos and dropping platinum albums/earning Grammys/etc, some would consider him an OG of pop - as there has been a whole generation of pop singers since. who have accomplished close.  The late Eddie Van Halen - another OG - has anyone come close to playing the eclectic guitar the way he did -he set a standard and I'm sure many have tried.

I'll leave the itemizing of DCC GOATs and/or OGs to others.. That's hard for me to do as in my two examples the people had 20+ years of perfecting and elevating their craft, and people trying to reach, learn from their success or library/catalogue..

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know when the show airs on cmt this year? I really hope Maddie hangs up her poms next year so someone else can be point I just can’t get on the Maddie train

  • Like 9
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Does anyone know when the show airs on cmt this year? I really hope Maddie hangs up her poms next year so someone else can be point I just can’t get on the Maddie train

She’s fake point they aren’t doing thunder on the field 

Edited by Holly85
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, sATL said:

Greatest Of All Time -- normally used for someone who has set records or reached a high level already and still is going on after most would have retired (or passed).. like Tom Brady 

Old Gang / Original Gangster ...kinda like a old school, by the book, or defined what should be/could be in the book, person.. set the trend that others have tried to copy or sample.. For example if Michal Jackson was still alive, doing music videos and dropping platinum albums/earning Grammys/etc, some would consider him an OG of pop - as there has been a whole generation of pop singers since. who have accomplished close.  The late Eddie Van Halen - another OG - has anyone come close to playing the eclectic guitar the way he did -he set a standard and I'm sure many have tried.

I'll leave the itemizing of DCC GOATs and/or OGs to others.. That's hard for me to do as in my two examples the people had 20+ years of perfecting and elevating their craft, and people trying to reach, learn from their success or library/catalogue..

Thanks 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Send me you email and I'll be happy to cut and paste it for you.  Private message of course.

Thank you!! I’ll message you now!

its definitely a downside, for world class ladies role models around the world you’d think they’d try and reach out to other countries, you can’t get making the team on prime unless I set my amazon account settings to USA. It’s currently unavailable on the uk. I was rewatching series and can’t get the last two episodes of 11 now 🙄 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Thank you!! I’ll message you now!

its definitely a downside, for world class ladies role models around the world you’d think they’d try and reach out to other countries, you can’t get making the team on prime unless I set my amazon account settings to USA. It’s currently unavailable on the uk. I was rewatching series and can’t get the last two episodes of 11 now 🙄 

Are the NFL games - specifically Dallas - aired in the UK?  Just wondering how much the NFL is trying to reach out to other countries. Or did someone tie the two together - no NFL , no DCC

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

Are the NFL games - specifically Dallas - aired in the UK?  Just wondering how much the NFL is trying to reach out to other countries. Or did someone tie the two together - no NFL , no DCC

Yeah you can get games on tv here, my boyfriend watches them 🙂 we’ve currently got chiefs vs raiders on. One of our main channels - itv - shows making the team but it takes a lot longer to play over here, so my boyfriend accesses American channels on his fire stick so I can watch MTT when it airs in the US 🙂sky sports, bbc & channel 5 (more uk channels) have started playing games or a show with all the game highlights, it’s getting a fairly big following over here (nfl in general) there was a lot more noticeable merch being worn last year and a fair amount of people watching super bowl. There’s at least 6 of us in my office who watch the games and we’d talk about them or discuss teams in general 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Send me you email and I'll be happy to cut and paste it for you.  Private message of course.

would you possibly be able to do that for me as well please?

 

Share this post


Link to post

FYI - from ( link )  ...😢

"ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dak Prescott was hospitalized with a serious right ankle injury against the New York Giants on Sunday that forced him to leave the game on a cart and in tears.

The Dallas Cowboys' star quarterback will undergo ankle surgery Sunday night, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.  ... "🙏

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Sad 16

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

Good article. Jacie was heavily featured. I wonder if this will put her in the doghouse with Kelli and Co.

Why would it put her in the doghouse? Nothing she says was untrue. The question should be why have Judy and Kelli been able to get away with not being inclusive for so long? 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Why do people use full names on this board when their full names aren’t used on the show? It makes me uncomfortable in this day and age. Anyone else?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Why do people use full names on this board when their full names aren’t used on the show? It makes me uncomfortable in this day and age. Anyone else?

I don’t think its too concerning. In this day and age one click can tell u a lot about a person. Not sure many people outside of this forum even know we exist. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not from the USA and could often not see content from other websites posted here due to international restrictions. The same for the CMT website, which led you to a youtube page. I now have a VPN installed and if I switch to US I can see it all. So for all my fellow non-US residents, it's worth the try😉

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

Why would it put her in the doghouse? Nothing she says was untrue. The question should be why have Judy and Kelli been able to get away with not being inclusive for so long? 

Doesn’t matter if it’s true — we all know Kelli is vindictive. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Why do people use full names on this board when their full names aren’t used on the show? It makes me uncomfortable in this day and age. Anyone else?

 

25 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I don’t think its too concerning. In this day and age one click can tell u a lot about a person. Not sure many people outside of this forum even know we exist. 

The girls last names are listed everywhere. If wikipedia tells me their last names I am not concerned.

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_2019_-_20

Also, the rookies also list their full names on their social media platforms.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lunacat said:

Why do people use full names on this board when their full names aren’t used on the show? It makes me uncomfortable in this day and age. Anyone else?

lol what? they’re voluntarily public figures. how are you going to be a cheerleader for one of the most famous teams in the world and be anon...?

it’s like being an actress or something...super confused lol

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Amy just posted about the game on instagram with pictures and videos of the girls. She's put up one of Sydney and tagged her wonder if she'll get a nudge to take that one down.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

57 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

Amy just posted about the game on instagram with pictures and videos of the girls. She's put up one of Sydney and tagged her wonder if she'll get a nudge to take that one down.

 

It’s her page and they are probowl sisters 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/10/2020 at 6:52 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Cheerleading sure has come a long way since then.   Could any of those girls could make today's team?

 

As a non-dancer, looking back at the older videos, the dancing doesn't appear to be as technical or difficult. Of course, I couldn't do any of it. 🙂

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Serious question, if you're on the DCC Primetimer do you automatically get blocked by the "Jacie" (I think that's what everyone went with, if not you know what I'm talking about) ran DCC "fan" group? I haven't went to that group for a while, and I'm positive I'm blocked 😄 oh well, everything comes from here anyways 🤷‍♀️ Also, if that's what happened she had to have clicked my tiktok link on here, then go through my tiktoks to match my profile on FB, because I'm certainly not Kelly Kapowski or Erin Kardashian 🙄🤔😄 that's so silly. 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, KellyKapowski said:

Serious question, if you're on the DCC Primetimer do you automatically get blocked by the "Jacie" (I think that's what everyone went with, if not you know what I'm talking about) ran DCC "fan" group? I haven't went to that group for a while, and I'm positive I'm blocked 😄 oh well, everything comes from here anyways 🤷‍♀️ Also, if that's what happened she had to have clicked my tiktok link on here, then go through my tiktoks to match my profile on FB, because I'm certainly not Kelly Kapowski or Erin Kardashian 🙄🤔😄 that's so silly. 

No, she blocks you if you're in another particular dcc fb group. I wouldn't put it past her but she wouldn't be able to put most people's usernames here with their names on facebook. Some people don't even post on her group, she just goes on blocking sprees as well by the sounds of it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, sATL said:

FYI - from ( link )  ...😢

"ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dak Prescott was hospitalized with a serious right ankle injury against the New York Giants on Sunday that forced him to leave the game on a cart and in tears.

The Dallas Cowboys' star quarterback will undergo ankle surgery Sunday night, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.  ... "🙏

It was a seriously nasty looking break. You could see his ankle sticking to the side at a weird angle, at first it looked like his boot can come off exposing his heel but it was the break. 

  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

Watching all the IG stories from yesterday’s game and on Gina’s IG Story, there’s a clip of her as Gameday Girl and then it cuts to her dancing on the decks. It pans out to the end and someone makes a huge dance mistake. It looks like Kat! 

I’ve attached the still of the video in question.

1AD2AFC3-E271-4070-B4E9-EC96FDECF8FB.png

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Amy just posted about the game on instagram with pictures and videos of the girls. She's put up one of Sydney and tagged her wonder if she'll get a nudge to take that one down.

 

Cianna realizing Amy was in front her was so cute tbh, as she was waving like "Omg Amy, hello!!" 🤣🤭

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, sATL said:

Are the NFL games - specifically Dallas - aired in the UK?  Just wondering how much the NFL is trying to reach out to other countries. Or did someone tie the two together - no NFL , no DCC

In the Netherlands we can only see them on paid channels, mainly through GamePass. The cheerleaders are rarely on camera and the only halftime we see a year is the superbowl. Making the Team is on though, just behind a year.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, KellyKapowski said:

Serious question, if you're on the DCC Primetimer do you automatically get blocked by the "Jacie" (I think that's what everyone went with, if not you know what I'm talking about) ran DCC "fan" group? I haven't went to that group for a while, and I'm positive I'm blocked 😄 oh well, everything comes from here anyways 🤷‍♀️ Also, if that's what happened she had to have clicked my tiktok link on here, then go through my tiktoks to match my profile on FB, because I'm certainly not Kelly Kapowski or Erin Kardashian 🙄🤔😄 that's so silly. 

“Jackie” kicked me out of her FB DCC fan page because I put the real reason Hannah was cut

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Why would it put her in the doghouse? Nothing she says was untrue. The question should be why have Judy and Kelli been able to get away with not being inclusive for so long? 

Did I miss the part where Jacie wanted natural hair and Kelly/Judy told her no? This seemed like Jacies perception based on other black cheerleaders telling her to adapt. I don’t see where she said K&J told her no natural hair. 
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t have a real opinion on her dancing-haven’t really seen enough to form an opinion. But as a person, I really appreciate how well rounded Brianna seems to be. Isn’t she one of the few that has a “big girl” job as well? There’s a sense of maturity DCC misses these days. Bring back the Brennan’s and Hannahs. 250F98C5-C501-4023-ABB4-AC93767A56D9.jpeg.9c6bde5f313c2223752f1e0bc1984b8b.jpeg

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Did I miss the part where Jacie wanted natural hair and Kelly/Judy told her no? This seemed like Jacies perception based on other black cheerleaders telling her to adapt. I don’t see where she said K&J told her no natural hair. 
 

Jacie will forever be my favorite. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Watching all the IG stories from yesterday’s game and on Gina’s IG Story, there’s a clip of her as Gameday Girl and then it cuts to her dancing on the decks. It pans out to the end and someone makes a huge dance mistake. It looks like Kat! 

I’ve attached the still of the video in question.

1AD2AFC3-E271-4070-B4E9-EC96FDECF8FB.png

Oof. That’s pretty bad. Can we confirm who it is? She’s next to a blonde with short hair. Marissa?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Oof. That’s pretty bad. Can we confirm who it is? She’s next to a blonde with short hair. Marissa?

Where is it? Ive watched it 4 times and didnt see it

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size