Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

They actually gave a more soft tone blonde hair in her rookie year, It lookee great on her. after year it is their own decision whether to go back to their previous colour or do a different shade I think. Like Kelsey Bond with her 4 haircolours for every year she was on the team, Danielle went back to light brown in her 3rd year and Rachel A and Mackenzie even cut their hair #TonightIsYourLastDayHair

9 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I didn't realize their hairstyle and color became their decision after their rookie year. Interesting. It makes me wonder about the girls that do choose to change their hair, because obviously many of the girls stick with whatever they were assigned during their first year. Are those girls just more confident in themselves? Do they go through K&J when making the decision? At least out of Mackenzie, Amy L, and Rachel A, I think the shorter hair suited them much better, so go them for making that decision!

They don't have full reign over what they do after their first year. They still have to discuss it with TPTB, Rachel has mentioned it about her short cut.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Why do I get the feeling that we'll see Maddie next season because there's no Pro Bowl this season?

I have the same feeling. That feeling could also be described as fear!

• LOL 19
  • Love 4

I don’t know about “fear,” but my feeling is kind of “meh.” Maddie has given a lot to the team so I do absolutely appreciate and respect her. But 6 years is a lot for a DCC career. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 22

I have nothing against Maddie - she's not my favorite, but I also don't dislike her - but I really hope that she doesn't stay purely for ProBowl. She's point (kinda), first leader for group 1, ProBowl won't add much to her cheerleader resume IMO. I just hope that she can recognize that she has accomplished so much with DCC and it's not worth staying for another year and putting herself through so much stress just for ProBowl.

• Love 14

Posted too soon - someone already said the same thing above!  Delete please!  😐

Edited by Stee
Please delete - someone already posted my comment.
16 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I didn't realize their hairstyle and color became their decision after their rookie year. Interesting. It makes me wonder about the girls that do choose to change their hair, because obviously many of the girls stick with whatever they were assigned during their first year. Are those girls just more confident in themselves? Do they go through K&J when making the decision? At least out of Mackenzie, Amy L, and Rachel A, I think the shorter hair suited them much better, so go them for making that decision!

7 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

They don't have full reign over what they do after their first year. They still have to discuss it with TPTB, Rachel has mentioned it about her short cut.

Amy has also previously mentioned about when she chose to cut her hair and having it short (suits her so much better) she had to run it past Kelli first for approval 

I’m finding it funny how, we’ve been talking about injuries and Danielle’s name has cropped up on here in the last 24-48 hours and dcc making the team put this on their instagram...

9B03DE48-FCC5-4BEF-B494-BD6419510CD0.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Why do I get the feeling that we'll see Maddie next season because there's no Pro Bowl this season?

Since the NFL will be naming All Star teams, I wonder if All Star cheerleaders will be named.  Will that be enough for Maddie (assuming she'd be named)?  Or would it feel like "See, you COULD have gone!"  I don't know, a part of me thinks she's out after this year, but a part of me could see her pulling a Sydney.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

At least in the new opener, the ladies don't have to worry about blowing a knee with the split jumps. Plus, I spy some old favorites in the video.

I think this will be the reason some might stick around another year

How old is Maddie? And Tess? If I remember correctly, Sydney tried out when she was 18, so even by her seventh season she was only 24. Jenna and Lacey were also 18 when they tried out. Aside from Jinelle, I don't really remember anyone staying for more than four seasons who was on the older side their first year (relatively speaking obviously).

• Love 1
22 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Cassie danced as little as possible during her 5th year, where she was also named a group leader. She only danced when absolutely necessary, and even then she (and Judy!) made a big deal out of her "taking one for the team."  How that equated to all of the opportunities she was given that year was beyond me.  I agreed with Jay - she should have been cut.  She was not ready at finals, and she continued to be not ready for that entire year.

As Judy would say about the Menchew sisters, "she took someone else's spot."

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

As Judy would say about the Menchew sisters, "she took someone else's spot."

Yes, isn't that precious?

Judy's daughter gets picked to be on the team while injured and cannot dance for the majority of the season is the epitome of taking someone else's spot.

Oh well, who needs fairness and consistency?

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I’m finding it funny how, we’ve been talking about injuries and Danielle’s name has cropped up on here in the last 24-48 hours and dcc making the team put this on their instagram...

9B03DE48-FCC5-4BEF-B494-BD6419510CD0.jpeg

Right?! This made me giggle. 😏Could just be a coincidence....but I've seen people say that some organization staff and even cheerleaders are monitoring the chatter on this board.  

• LOL 1
27 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Right?! This made me giggle. 😏Could just be a coincidence....but I've seen people say that some organization staff and even cheerleaders are monitoring the chatter on this board.  

Lately I swear some of the former DCC are replying. I have nothing concrete at all but I'm like wow this is definitely the DCC subject of the post replying...

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Lately I swear some of the former DCC are replying. I have nothing concrete at all but I'm like wow this is definitely the DCC subject of the post replying...

31 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Then for those who work for the organisation are watching:

PLEASE MAKE DCC MAKING THE TEAM MORE EASILY AVAILABLE IN OTHER COUNTRIES! For a world wide team please make it easier to be shown world wide. I have to hunt high and low for past series and episodes 😭

thanks guys 💙

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

Cassie’s last year is also the year they took 39, so it’s quite possible she was “injured reserve” so to speak. Especially since she was only a short time from being fully healed. 

There’s enough to bitch about when it comes to Cassie, but firing someone from their job because they got injured on the job isn’t a great look. Especially going into her fifth year. I think it got squishy because she was almost okay enough to try out, but they really should have waived her through. Danielle too. If they’ve proven themselves as a cheerleader the year(s) prior and have an injury that will heal in a timely manner, why not bring them back? They can always be let go during camp or the season if progress isn’t being made. 

And unlike Rycroft’s highly contagious cooties, Brooke, Danielle, Cassie, Gina, etc could still do appearances during at least some of their healing process. It’s a dance job, there’s gray area, bit that’s not new for the DCC.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Cassie’s last year is also the year they took 39, so it’s quite possible she was “injured reserve” so to speak. Especially since she was only a short time from being fully healed. 

There’s enough to bitch about when it comes to Cassie, but firing someone from their job because they got injured on the job isn’t a great look. Especially going into her fifth year. I think it got squishy because she was almost okay enough to try out, but they really should have waived her through. Danielle too. If they’ve proven themselves as a cheerleader the year(s) prior and have an injury that will heal in a timely manner, why not bring them back? They can always be let go during camp or the season if progress isn’t being made. 

And unlike Rycroft’s highly contagious cooties, Brooke, Danielle, Cassie, Gina, etc could still do appearances during at least some of their healing process. It’s a dance job, there’s gray area, bit that’s not new for the DCC.  

I've always said that about Season 7 - they took more on the squad fully expecting that Cassie (and maybe others) would not be able to dance. Yes, not a great look to fire someone just because of an injury, but I object to Cassie being given so many opportunities that year when she couldn't keep up her end of the bargain.  No way she should have been given group leader, show group, etc. when she was having to "electively pull herself" from pregame performances.  She most definitely took someone's else's spot, especially when talking about the opportunities of show group.  No other cheerleader (save VK) would be given such special treatment.

Sorry for getting a bit off-topic as I realize this section is about the current squad.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I've always said that about Season 7 - they took more on the squad fully expecting that Cassie (and maybe others) would not be able to dance. Yes, not a great look to fire someone just because of an injury, but I object to Cassie being given so many opportunities that year when she couldn't keep up her end of the bargain.  No way she should have been given group leader, show group, etc. when she was having to "electively pull herself" from pregame performances.  She most definitely took someone's else's spot, especially when talking about the opportunities of show group.  No other cheerleader (save VK) would be given such special treatment.

Sorry for getting a bit off-topic as I realize this section is about the current squad.

That last year they should’ve retired her to an All Star. DCC has never been fair or consistent with anything it’s just more obvious at the moment.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I'll second this to a point. It's a bit odd to go on CMT's website and see full series of other shows nobody seems to care about, but CMT's "most popular and longest running series" has no episodes available for most of the time - not even one season at a time.

...but of course, I understand streaming rights may only be for a specific time. A bit annoying, but understandable.

First of all, I do like the new profile pic:)

But it is strange how a CMT produced show wouldn't be able to be shown on both CMT and Pluto, since they are both owned by ViacomCBS.  And what about the two hour special?  When Season 15 starts on CMT, will Season 13 be added to Pluto?  Cause that will make the Past Seasons thread blow up🤣

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I thought the show started on a different network and then transitioned to CMT? Or maybe just the two hour special? I can’t remember that far back 😂

Wikipedia says it's always been on CMT.

They really need to stop bringing on CMT artist that know nothing about dance. It's a waste of time. I think they also need to stop brining in choreographers that don't teach the DCC style, it's also wasting the time of the TCC that need to pick up the style. 

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

They really need to stop bringing on CMT artist that know nothing about dance. It's a waste of time. I think they also need to stop brining in choreographers that don't teach the DCC style, it's also wasting the time of the TCC that need to pick up the style. 

I agree. As much as I love Tyce D’Orio and Travis Wall, their dances are nowhere near DCC style dances. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

It's a waste of time. I think they also need to stop brining in choreographers that don't teach the DCC style, it's also wasting the time of the TCC that need to pick up the style. 

Exactly!!!  Save some of that for Technique Tuesdays when the season is over.  If they only have so many weeks before the first game, they should stick to stuff that will help the girls with the routines they are learning. 

And of course, the whole sticker thing is just a waste of time anyway.  Meredith got three stickers, but still made the squad.  Lisa got 7 and none were from group leaders.  I realize that it's all for drama and the show, which means less time spent on things that would really help the girls.

• Love 12
On 10/14/2020 at 3:13 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

Cassie danced as little as possible during her 5th year, where she was also named a group leader. She only danced when absolutely necessary, and even then she (and Judy!) made a big deal out of her "taking one for the team."  How that equated to all of the opportunities she was given that year was beyond me.  I agreed with Jay - she should have been cut.  She was not ready at finals, and she continued to be not ready for that entire year.

When Cassie 1st made the team, she was so sweet and cute. Loved when she and Judy got emotional when she was chosen for TC. Her attitude seemed to change after her 1st year to something more unpleasant and I wasn’t sorry when she finally retired. Some people rise to the challenge of expectations and some falter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

When Cassie 1st made the team, she was so sweet and cute. Loved when she and Judy got emotional when she was chosen for TC. Her attitude seemed to change after her 1st year to something more unpleasant and I wasn’t sorry when she finally retired. Some people rise to the challenge of expectations and some falter. 

So how has VK changed from her rookie year to now?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Cassie DID NOT have the look, stamina, dance ability or attitude to be a DCC. However she didn't put herself on the team for 5 years and given leadership and show group positions. Blame K, J, and C for all of that. What really bothers me is when she speaks up about DCC drama. Her experience on the team will forever be completely different from the rest of the girls. Is she really that delusional to think she earned her way onto the team on her own accord? If my last name was Trammell I would keep my mouth shut. Sam Finglass and Haley Anderson are smart to not even consider auditioning. 

• Love 22
8 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Well if they are then I Want An Autographed Photo!  

3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I agree about the choreographers. Every time I watch the Travis Wall episode,  I think from season 13 , I wonder where in the world would they do that dance. Nowhere!  It seemed like a waste of their time and energy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Cassie DID NOT have the look, stamina, dance ability or attitude to be a DCC. However she didn't put herself on the team for 5 years and given leadership and show group positions. Blame K, J, and C for all of that. What really bothers me is when she speaks up about DCC drama. Her experience on the team will forever be completely different from the rest of the girls. Is she really that delusional to think she earned her way onto the team on her own accord? If my last name was Trammell I would keep my mouth shut. Sam Finglass and Haley Anderson are smart to not even consider auditioning. 

She came across as the definition of toxic in the locker room. Not sure if she was, but thats how she seemed🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 10/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, AYTOfan said:

Returning vets (4 cuts)

cttc4.PNG

Retired vets

gtreqfwd.PNG

Current new squad

DCC2020.PNG.24a6064d6182cd2e3826cd5af4cbb495.PNG

Groups

Groups.PNG.48ffa60983495ae0e50a79c26eb14d05.PNG

Maybe Gina will have to deal with more injury scares while having to carry group 4 on her back. Four rookies and Victoria lol. 

ETA: Oh and guys in addition to that Gina got THREE members of the Ozarks 4! 😂

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

Can anyone tell me why the groups are 2 teams of 8 and 2 teams of 10? I guess that also kinda explains why 1 touchdown deck has 16 and 1 has 20. But why don’t they put an 8 and a 10 on each end so its even?🤪

• Love 3
On 10/14/2020 at 8:51 PM, DCC-UK said:

God, Ashlee has such a pop on screen leading them out. I'd love to see her in the triangle. 

Yes! She looks so cute and fun here! #AshleeForTriangleWhenThereIsAnActualTriangleAgain

• Love 21
16 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

How old is Maddie? And Tess? If I remember correctly, Sydney tried out when she was 18, so even by her seventh season she was only 24. Jenna and Lacey were also 18 when they tried out. Aside from Jinelle, I don't really remember anyone staying for more than four seasons who was on the older side their first year (relatively speaking obviously).

Maddie was pretty young when she made the team, wasn’t long after she graduated high school. she’s about 23/24. Tess auditioned when she’d finished college so I think she’s around 27. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lona said:

Maybe Gina will have to deal with more injury scares while having to carry group 4 on her back. Four rookies and Victoria lol. 

ETA: Oh and guys in addition to that Gina got THREE members of the Ozarks 4! 😂

The Ozarks 4, hahahahahahahahahahaha love that! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I agree 100%

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Preach!!! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

MTT is on CBS All Access - seasons 1-13

OMG thanks for finding this! I've been wanting to rewatch season 13 forever but couldn't find it anywhere. They really should add it to Pluto, it aired two years ago.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

MTT is on CBS All Access - seasons 1-13

Yes, this is good to know for viewing season 13.  Unfortunately, CBS All Access is not free, and Pluto TV is.  I already pay an exorbitant monthly fee for my cable and I cannot pay any more.  ☹️

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MsTBGal said:

Yes, this is good to know for viewing season 13.  Unfortunately, CBS All Access is not free, and Pluto TV is.  I already pay an exorbitant monthly fee for my cable and I cannot pay any more.  ☹️

• Love 6