Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, cgloss said:

I actually like the guest choreographers and I LOVE the stickers. I would be bored to death watching the girls practice the same six dances with the same three moves. At least I get to see which girls excel in which styles. 

As for the stickers, I like knowing who everyone else, especially the group leaders, wants on the team vs. what Kelli wants. We would have never known unquestionably about Lisa’s lack of support from the GLs were it not for those stickers. Team stickers!

I love the guest choreographers, not the random country music guests (even though I love country music). I’m a dance nerd so love seeing different styles and like you say, you get to see different people shine (usually those who don’t have a lot of talking heads throughout the series). I loved seeing Cianna the other series with Marty’s hip hop choreography! More dance will always be wanted by me, full dances and more side by sides so you can see the rookies against the vets.

I also like the sticker system and would actually like to see more of it! I like seeing how the girls are ranked, especially when they get into TC. I like visual clues 😂

• Love 23

Just for fun....from last season or this current season, if you HAD to fill TWO spots on the All Star Squad, who would you select? Feel free also to give your reasons if you wish. (and the heck with what Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy think!)

My choices  would be Bridget (outgoing, personable and of course, just plain cute) and Brennan (intelligent, empathetic, dedicated). 

• Love 6

Yes MTT has always been on CMT as far as I know but there was a 2 hour initial show where the girls were outside & in the bleachers when they announced the team. One cute girl they debated in. I believe she may have been a locker room favorite& did lots of community service but wasn’t in her best shape so she did not make the cut & was very upset. Charlotte was not part of the process.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Just for fun....from last season or this current season, if you HAD to fill TWO spots on the All Star Squad, who would you select? Feel free also to give your reasons if you wish. (and the heck with what Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy think!)

My choices  would be Bridget (outgoing, personable and of course, just plain cute) and Brennan (intelligent, empathetic, dedicated). 

I’m in complete agreement here. I’d love to meet them on an appearance. 

I’d add in Briana (I think she’ll retire after this season) and Miranda (not a power dancer but seems like a sweetheart). Heather is super poised and classy too, Lauren and Hannah both seem educated and well-rounded people as well as fun!  

I like my cheerleaders to be educated and mature, people you can have an intellectual conversation with but can also have a laugh with! I feel like all of them you could go and have a coffee with and chat about life. 

All the women listed have other stuff going on outside of DCC yet have all been incredible ambassadors for the organisation. 

Sorry, I can’t choose just two 😂

• Love 12

Lauren would have been such a great all star! She has lovely empathy for others, that gorgeous hair, etc. Seems like someone who would enjoy the best of all worlds balancing her career with an occasional appearance. Did she move back to Florida? 

• Love 13

I like the stickers. I like hearing input from guest choreographers but yeah learning these emo lyrical styles is useless for a power pom squad. Even with show groups and USO tours nobody cares that they can do these lyrical emo spiritual crap.

as for the country guests that’s nothin  but a CMT tie in for ratings = revenue = necessary to keep any show on air. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Lauren would have been such a great all star! She has lovely empathy for others, that gorgeous hair, etc. Seems like someone who would enjoy the best of all worlds balancing her career with an occasional appearance. Did she move back to Florida? 

Abs for centuries 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

She did move back to Miami 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Just for fun....from last season or this current season, if you HAD to fill TWO spots on the All Star Squad, who would you select? Feel free also to give your reasons if you wish. (and the heck with what Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy think!

Please can someone remind me about the all star squad, how they’re made up, what they do etc? I remember Kelli mentioning them around the time I had my boy (2015) never heard her mention it since 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Please can someone remind me about the all star squad, how they’re made up, what they do etc? I remember Kelli mentioning them around the time I had my boy (2015) never heard her mention it since 

From what I understand, allstars are retired cheerleaders that still make appearances, but do not dance (unless their name is Emma 🙂 )..  They are used when the regular squad is not available and they also made suite visits during the games.  I do remember one of the requirements is they had to of been on the squad 3 years to qualify, but I fell like they had made an exception at some point (I think it was Carisa).  You have to be asked to be one and if I remember correctly, there was some talk that Holly A was not asked when she was retired, and that was some big 'news' at the time on the boards.

It's a shame that someone like Brennan was cut, because I believe if they gave her the grace of opting out (aka suggest retiring if her stamina wasn't up) she would have made a great All Star! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, cgloss said:

I actually like the guest choreographers and I LOVE the stickers. I would be bored to death watching the girls practice the same six dances with the same three moves. At least I get to see which girls excel in which styles. 

As for the stickers, I like knowing who everyone else, especially the group leaders, wants on the team vs. what Kelli wants. We would have never known unquestionably about Lisa’s lack of support from the GLs were it not for those stickers. Team stickers!

I don't mind the stickers either. They are looking for good dancers and teammates. This is why I think really weak dancers make the team and stay for a few years. 

16 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I've just discovered that dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders is no longer active. It now points to a 404 page.

They are creating a new page.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

From what I understand, allstars are retired cheerleaders that still make appearances, but do not dance (unless their name is Emma 🙂 )..  They are used when the regular squad is not available and they also made suite visits during the games.  I do remember one of the requirements is they had to of been on the squad 3 years to qualify, but I fell like they had made an exception at some point (I think it was Carisa).  You have to be asked to be one and if I remember correctly, there was some talk that Holly A was not asked when she was retired, and that was some big 'news' at the time on the boards.

It's a shame that someone like Brennan was cut, because I believe if they gave her the grace of opting out (aka suggest retiring if her stamina wasn't up) she would have made a great All Star! 

Shelly replied to my question about all-stars. She said on the team for 3 years and be in uniform ready shape. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

Ha, and Jinelle! Those two definitely got their fair share of field time as All-Stars. 

I still think that performance of the All-Stars at Six Flags (an earlier season) was awkward AF, and some of those gals weren’t as uniform ready to today’s standards. Tho most had only cheered for the big screen one season and were holdovers from the Texas Stadium days. Bless the Trevino sisters...they were not HD friendly IMO. 

As the show continues, the more polished and manufactured things get, right on down to the look of the squad! Tho trading the “bonding” experiences of climbing up logs for outside choreographers is an upgrade for me, even if not in the DCC style. I love the new sparkly practice costumes too. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

Why in the world wouldn’t Holly A. have been asked to be an All-star? They liked her enough to be point, she appeared to have a nice personality on the show, and she’s one of the most beautiful cheerleaders they’ve had, which seems to be perfect for schmoozing rich dudes in luxury suites. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, cgloss said:

omg, FOR REAL. i know it's a waste of time in the grand scheme of things but the little i saw of travis wall and evan miller made me fall in love with them. i want them to teach me things! i'm partial to hip-hop, but still. when travis did the cheerleading routine with them, i died. he was amazing. him >> them. put him on the field, tbh. 

however, the emo/lyrical stuff...now that is boring as hell. i think the hip-hop and adjacent stuff is more relevant. 

i actually freaking love the stickers, too. i love seeing opinions outside of the kelli judy echo chamber, no matter how little weight they hold. 

the country stars coming in is SO corny and useless. every time i watch the season where kelli pickler comes in i crack up. like the girls are supposed to be shaking in their boots (pun unintended) because someone who was on american idol 10 years ago and has maybe one hit shows up to give them empty platitudes about confidence LMAO 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, GaveIn said:

that would have been Olivia who had been a 2 year vet because they were low on higher tenure retiring.

7 minutes ago, viccib said:

that would have been Olivia who had been a 2 year vet because they were low on higher tenure retiring.

Plus, wasn't  she Kitty Carter's  daughter in law?

22 hours ago, MsTBGal said:

Yes, this is good to know for viewing season 13.  Unfortunately, CBS All Access is not free, and Pluto TV is.  I already pay an exorbitant monthly fee for my cable and I cannot pay any more.  ☹️

Preach 

3 hours ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

I already pay an exorbitant monthly fee for my cable and I cannot pay any more.  ☹️

we switched to You Tube TV and I hate it! Some things are worth paying more for.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2020 at 6:33 PM, kalibean said:

I thought the show started on a different network and then transitioned to CMT? Or maybe just the two hour special? I can’t remember that far back 😂

I swear I remember watching it on VH1 in the beginning.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Do all stars do any dancing or are they appearances only? 

12 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

Do all stars do any dancing or are they appearances only? 

Years ago, they did plaza performances.  Last year, since the vets were in Mexico for calendar, they filled in with the retiring vets at draft day and performed.  They danced on Nashville Squares.  Since then, I think it’s been appearances only.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

You guys were saying how after dicussing Danielle. her then and now story showed up on the DCC insta. U then talked about country music stars and the stickers. Now they’re showing the country stars one😂😂😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I did too. I don’t listen to country, so I first found it on VH1.  It showed reruns of the show, so when I looked around on the guide I found CMT played the new episodes.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, abracadabra said:

I can't stand Caroline's hair. It's a mullet. Or shag. Or something, but it is not flattering. And the color they give her is the same washed-out look they did to Kristin's.  They made Kristin's hair look grey. 

I think CAroline is so bland basic but she would be far better with decent hair. Her hair is as big of a mess as my fave of all time Trisha and that Real Houswives mullet. 

18 minutes ago, Kimrs said:

I did too. I don’t listen to country, so I first found it on VH1.  It showed reruns of the show, so when I looked around on the guide I found CMT played the new episodes.

I remember seeing reruns on vh1

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

There are so many I would love to see as All Stars.....but Brennan and Bridget sound great! I know Hannah has moved but she also would have rocked it. Such a big loss for the team. I hope to see Hannah dance again on a team or professional stage. I'll never understand her cut. 😥

• Love 16

There are so many I would love to see as All Stars.....but Brennan and Bridget sound great! I know Hannah has moved but she also would have rocked it. Such a big loss for the team. I hope to see Hannah dance again on a team or professional stage. I'll never understand her cut. 😥 kinda like dumping your super star quarter back for a new rookie player.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, vanillagum said:

omg, FOR REAL. i know it's a waste of time in the grand scheme of things but the little i saw of travis wall and evan miller made me fall in love with them. i want them to teach me things! i'm partial to hip-hop, but still. when travis did the cheerleading routine with them, i died. he was amazing. him >> them. put him on the field, tbh. 

however, the emo/lyrical stuff...now that is boring as hell. i think the hip-hop and adjacent stuff is more relevant. 

i actually freaking love the stickers, too. i love seeing opinions outside of the kelli judy echo chamber, no matter how little weight they hold. 

the country stars coming in is SO corny and useless. every time i watch the season where kelli pickler comes in i crack up. like the girls are supposed to be shaking in their boots (pun unintended) because someone who was on american idol 10 years ago and has maybe one hit shows up to give them empty platitudes about confidence LMAO 

I couldn’t agree more.

I also loved the stickers!
The sheer amount of data that we got from the stickers was amazing! Lisa’s impact on the team leaders, info on the dance ability of the rookies, info on the team dynamics and info how on how big of an East-Texas despot Kelli is, it was all in the stickers.

I also found the forced advice of so called ‘celebrities’ really silly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

It started on CMT, and both networks had the same owners, so VH1 started to show reruns. 

4 hours ago, Kimrs said:

I did too. I don’t listen to country, so I first found it on VH1

I don't either, so I wonder what I was watching on CMT that I noticed previews or maybe they advertised it on VH1 and that's how I found out about it.  

• Love 2

I suspect having the country 'stars' as guest judges is a CMT thang...Kelli Pickler is a has-been who never really was but wants to stay relevant...RayLynn is unlikely to ever make the "A" list...Kasey Musgraves isn't relevant to DCC other than she's a fan. I love the guest choreographers...the different dance styles show what a TCC can really do, which give confidence. And I love the stickers...just for K,J,C,Kitty, the group leaders & guest choreos...not the 'just for show' guests...

• Love 6

I enjoy most of the country music tie-ins, personally. Kellie Pickler was an obvious promo for her reality show that also aired on CMT at the time (agreed she’s pretty well done these days) but Rae Lynn was a solid up and comer and Kasey is 😍😍😍 She’s been around for a while as a song writer and Kasey radio on iHeartRadio is on pretty standard rotation at my house. She was the last concert I saw too. LOVE her. Maren Morris might be fun for future, or Kelsea Ballerini?

I like having performers come on to help look for showmanship quality and to shake it up a bit. Sometimes they see things that K & J don’t, and I love when a TCC gets positive feedback from the guests when they maybe haven’t been on the radar before.  It’s an extra eye for sparkle.   

As much as I love the dancing, it’s a reality show too...so curious what other kind of filler people would like to see. More solos for sure, tho I know that’s a toughie for music rights. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Olivia, Carisa and Andrea Richards were all 2 year vets who became All Stars

Wasn't Claire also a 2 year vet who became an all-star?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I enjoy most of the country music tie-ins, personally. Kellie Pickler was an obvious promo for her reality show that also aired on CMT at the time (agreed she’s pretty well done these days) but Rae Lynn was a solid up and comer and Kasey is 😍😍😍 She’s been around for a while as a song writer and Kasey radio on iHeartRadio is on pretty standard rotation at my house. She was the last concert I saw too. LOVE her. Maren Morris might be fun for future, or Kelsea Ballerini?

I like having performers come on to help look for showmanship quality and to shake it up a bit. Sometimes they see things that K & J don’t, and I love when a TCC gets positive feedback from the guests when they maybe haven’t been on the radar before.  It’s an extra eye for sparkle.   

As much as I love the dancing, it’s a reality show too...so curious what other kind of filler people would like to see. More solos for sure, tho I know that’s a toughie for music rights. 

I'm a classically trained musician so watching CMT has been, shall we say, an eye opener for me. I actually enjoyed Kellie Pickler's guest stint & will never forget Kelli & Judy gleefully dancing around in the cowboy boots Kacey brought them. I agree with everything else you said too.

• Love 4
On 10/16/2020 at 10:02 PM, scorpio1031 said:

It seems like they almost always have a promo code* for a free month (esp as people who signed up for the Big Brother feeds are cancelling in droves). Unsure if it was a free month in addition to the original week or in lieu of it, I just went to cancel my subscription and it offered me an extra free month. So, that's 9 or ten free weeks (I put the cancellation date a few days early in my calendar so I'll get reminders not to give CBS a penny).

*I think it was either INSIDER or PLAY when I did it (I could also be making that up), which should be expired by now, but it was also expired a month when I used it; a quick search shows NFLCBS and FALL as current codes. (I don't know if they actually work, but the former was in the Oct. Business Insider and the latter listed as autumn freebies on coupon sites. I apologize if they don't work... if you can't find one that does, I'll Oh, and--unbeknownst to me at the time--you can pick the premium option and it will be just as free as the ad-supported one. Le sigh).

• Love 2
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It started on CMT, and both networks had the same owners, so VH1 started to show reruns. 

I don't either, so I wonder what I was watching on CMT that I noticed previews or maybe they advertised it on VH1 and that's how I found out about it.  

I don’t watch CMT either so I’m sure there was a commercial for it on something else I watch; possibly SYTYCD or Dance moms? I think I have watched it from season one. 

1 hour ago, Glammy6 said:

I don’t watch CMT either so I’m sure there was a commercial for it on something else I watch; possibly SYTYCD or Dance moms? I think I have watched it from season one. 

For me it was definitely on CBS in either 2006 or 2007...I think CBS and CMT were possibly owned by same company at the time. I recall watching the 2 Hour Special repeating as a promotion for the start of Season 1. It may have been Season 2, but I’ve definitely been watching since the beginning. I had to watch it at my then boyfriends because I didn’t have cable, and he didn’t have CMT in his cable package. Maybe CBS on Saturdays? So strange how so many other things from that time frame are so clear in my mind, yet I only have very vague memories of that....