Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, amarante said:

Dorinda is probably a size 6 in designer clothes. Literally designer size 6 is what used to be a size 12 or even 14 when my mother was young. One only has to compare the measurements of the pattern sizes. And the camera does add 10 pounds so I totally believe she is a size 6 but a size 12 in vintage clothing :-).

I agree with this assessment, although I’ll take it a little further and say Dorinda probably has one size six dress that she can zip into using a coat hanger, and she holds onto it for dear life.  Just her bust-line alone doesn’t appear to support a six.  She also has wide hips.  I know she loves HomeGoods, so is it a big stretch to thing she shops at Old Navy?  Their sizes are completely nonsensical.  A six at Old Navy would be like a 12 or more somewhere else.  Vanity sizing, man.  

Either that or John gave her something from Madame Paulette’s that was left behind, and he scratched out the “1” before the “6.”  (I’m kidding, I’m kidding).

I was thinking about the idea that the camera adds 10 lbs, but we’ve also got Leah’s text from last episode to Sonja that she is a “size 2/4.”  She had little impetus to lie about her size, as Leah would presumably want the dress to fit more than impress us with a small size that happened to be flashed on a phone for one second.  

I was taught that each dress size is approximately 10 lbs.  So if Dorinda is a size 5/6 and Leah is a size 1/2 or 3/4 depending on the cut of the garment, we are being asked to believe Dorinda is right around 15 lbs heavier than Leah?  Leah is tiny.  The only way Dorinda is only 10-20 lbs more than Leah is if Leah is in her second trimester.  

Now that Dorinda has put this info out there, and Leah’s info sort of got leaked, I would love for there to be a scene of them shopping anywhere that has the same designer, so they can each try on the same dress, one in a four for Leah and one in a six for Dorinda, and have them both fit.  That’s one scene that will never happen, unless one or both of them have significant weight swings. 

• Love 4

No way Dorinda is a size 6. 

And there are so many camera walking-away back views where we see her wide load. 

Just now, Bossa Nova said:

No way Dorinda is a size 6. 

And there are so many camera walking-away back views where we see her wide load. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

As for Tinsley...sigh.  The little girl bows and sparkles and clothing that looks like giant foil cupcake wrappers have got to go.  She is a very beautiful woman, but she dresses way too young and silly.  IMO, her styling actually ages her. I am not saying she should “act her age”, or be relegated to wearing caftans with turquoise statement necklaces.  She can dress herself in whatever, and she will always turn heads. But dial back the sequins and ultra mini dresses.  And she should never wear her hair with her “signature curls”.  Her days as the ingenue are over.  Even Mary Pickford and Shirley Temple knew when to put the curling iron down and walk away.

Tinsley is a few years away from Baby Jane territory if she continues to be unwilling - or unable - to update her look. Add in showy dramatics like her flopping like a fish when Scott surprised her (I still cringe when I think of it, and I understood why he ran like hell) and her sniveling tears when her mother starts her narcissistic poking, and I wonder if she'll be able to escape the lonely life she dreads will be her future.

Also, I'll believe she'll marry Scott when the actual wedding announcement is printed. It says a lot when a chubby, new-money slub like Scott can pick Tinsley up and put Tinsley down whenever he feels like it.

I actually like Tinsley on the show because she is a change from the usual drunken, foot-in-mouth antics I've grown used to from the other women. But, just like the rest, she has her own pathology playing out on camera for the world to see. I fear she's another one who has made it harder for herself to grab the kind of life she desperately craves because of embarrassing on-camera behavior.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 23
On 5/7/2020 at 9:44 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Wow! Ramona gave Leah good advice on how to deal with the situation with her mother. Who knew? She has these moments of lucidity and kindness every now and then. 

Yes, nice to see. I guess, as a mother, Ramona related to the worry. It might turn out to be a terrible decision for Leah to be on this show - both her mom and baby daddy have warned her already. She has bipolar disorder and booze is not her friend.

• Love 8

Jacques seemed lovely, very charming and socially gracious, bet Luanns regretting that... also how rude to say his accent made him hard to understand, not the case at all, but then again I have seen lots of US shows which subtitle people with even a hint of an accent.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, amarante said:

Dorinda did quite well financially for a second "trophy" wife who was married only five years from 2006 to 2011. She got the Berkshire house outright - it was probably a present to her during the marriage.

Luanne was the mother of the Count's children and had been in a relatively long term albeit open marriage and she walked away with the house in the Hamptons and enough to live nicely but not lavishly. 

Richard died while married to Dorinda while The Count merely divorced Luann.  Completely different situations. 

Contrary to popular belief, I don't think Luann has struggled for money. Maybe she doesn't have as much as she'd like (who does?) but she's more than comfortable.  The Cabaret & tour were obviously successful judging by the extensive tour dates scheduled for F Marry Kill pre-pandemic.  She maintains homes in Sag Harbor, the Hudson Valley and pied-a-terre in the city (at least during filming).

Sonja & Dorinda are the ones who seem to be most affected financially of late.  Both moved into smaller NYC apartments and are likely living on income from the show.  Dorinda has wealth but it's all tied up in the Berkshires estate. 

• Love 7

I haven't read any comments yet but DAYUMMM Dorinda had a hardon for LuAnn her drinking buddy to be back off the wagon. It'll be her buddy and distract from Dorinda's sloppy behavior.  Elyse was right!

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, ladypoodle said:

Jacques seemed lovely, very charming and socially gracious, bet Luanns regretting that... also how rude to say his accent made him hard to understand, not the case at all, but then again I have seen lots of US shows which subtitle people with even a hint of an accent.

I generally don't have too much trouble understanding foreign (to me) accents, but I struggled to understand him.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I generally don't have too much trouble understanding foreign (to me) accents, but I struggled to understand him.  

I usually can "listen with an accent" but he was hard to understand and the quick cut a ways did not help much either. I feel like Bravo was just fulfilling their contractual promise they made to him about camera time and he was using Lu to get that camera time, that much was evident because how else would we know about his new passion in stand up? 

Who else expected Ramona to sneak out to go to someplace where there were men?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Another terrible episode. Dorinda needs to focus on why she is so angry and unhappy- not on what size she is or what Tinsley is up to. 

Luann nauseates me. So self absorbed and zero self awareness.

The way they are framing the alcohol dialogue this season is offensive and irresponsible. 

• Love 11

You know, I see some younger day Rene Russo in Leah. Especially in her mouth and eyes and the way she makes faces. Russo did look like Marissa, so maybe there is something there!

Capture.PNG

• Love 4

Jacques is the answer to the question of "What David Schwimmer and Adrien Brody got together and had a lovechild?"

When I see Jacques, I'm reminded what a fool Luann was to let him slip away.  Oh well, guess he didn't do "it" for her.

If only he had been into pirate cosplay...

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 5/7/2020 at 9:51 PM, LibertarianSlut said:Jacques and Luann had the same hair in season four, and now they have the same hair again in season 12!  He looks like Balky Bartokomous.  

Tinsley really needs to erect boundaries with Dale

Balky!!! Lol love this!

Tinsley is Dale’s doll. A plaything to wind up and watch like the tiny dancer in the wind up jewelry box. 

I got to page 4 and no one noticed that Bethenny and Leah’s moms are both named Bernadette !? Zoinks!?! Bethenny versus Leah is a cage match ! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ladle said:

Leah is a really bad fake crier. 

OMG! You saw that too!  You can tell she has fake cried her way thru her life and the fact that her mother will not engage while she is drinking means her mother is not an enabler...detach with love. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Sonja’s “fashion guru” guy in NJ gIves me scammer vibes.  Although, the cheese and cracker spread he put out looked Hella better than what Sonja had at her runway venue. 

19 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm assuming that was his office at his house.  I noticed there wasn't much on the bookshelves as far as books, photos (just a few), but for the most part, the shelves were bare.  That's odd to me.  Was this just a staged home/office they went to?  "Scammer" was one of the first things I thought of too.   

I get a scammer vibe from him, as well, but maybe he's actually "sort of" legitimate.  I think he has been with Sonja from the beginning of her "luxury lifestyle brand" launch - if I recall correctly, he was one of the people at the meetings Sonja had where Bethenny and Heather attended to give her advice.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 5:06 AM, lizajane said:

I thought Jacques was just ahead of us all with a Corona hair situation.

OMG! I thought the same thing! I had to remind myself that this was filmed while he could still get a haircut! 😂

One of the channels has been showing the Pink Panther Movies...I couldn't not hear Jacques Clouseau every time Jacques spoke. I laughed at his comedy, even though (because?) it wasn't' funny. I blame the wine.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I came across This today and find it interesting considering she is all about the present.  I don’t have a problem with her telling us more about her life with Richard.  They did seem to have a charmed life.

• Love 9

Normally I hate to comment on people's appearances, but I genuinely want to know whether Jacques has always looked like an aging muppet.  Thank you.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I came across This today and find it interesting considering she is all about the present.  I don’t have a problem with her telling us more about her life with Richard.  They did seem to have a charmed life.

They really were like peas and carrots ❤️

• Love 5

Thank you Red for sharing those photos.  Dorinda looked charming.

Okay, I'm scratching my head a little bit.  I understand Dorinda's entree into this rarified air was due to Richard but wasn't it possible to be friends with others in that walk in life?  Didn't she make friends with some of them who would have included her in their activities post-Richard?  Dorinda's walk down memory lane made me feel a bit sorry for her.  Darn.

I also feel bad for Sonja and Luann who seemed to have their egos tied up into who they married and they can't quite get past it.  I don't think Ramona and Tinsley are there.  

I also have no idea why Dorinda wants to be Tinsley's gate-keeper.  Who cares if she had lunch or dinner with Scott?  Dorinda, this affects you how?  Dorinda, who cares if Scott pays for the hotel in NYC?  This affects you how?

This is a long way of saying I don't understand Dorinda......

• Love 11
(edited)

I get the feeling that Richard's friends didn't exactly embrace Mrs. Medley because, well she's who she is and her personality didn't just emerge when she started on the show. I think that if she had made great friends from that group she would be much too busy to be on this show. And would find it beneath her.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 4
  • Love 19
On 5/7/2020 at 9:36 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

There's something about him that is cringy to me. But I thought he wanted kids and that's why it didn't work.

Same.  And I'm not saying that Jacques's accent is fake.  I'm sure it's real.  But, I know a lot of French people, and something about his accent sounds very fake to me.  

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I get a scammer vibe from him, as well, but maybe he's actually "sort of" legitimate.  I think he has been with Sonja from the beginning of her "luxury lifestyle brand" launch - if I recall correctly, he was one of the people at the meetings Sonja had where Bethenny and Heather attended to give her advice.

I am one to check out the background on all these reality shows and his bare shelves spoke volumes, when Sonja got out of her Uber she said, "this was not a bad ride out here at all," made me think it was her first trip there.  

He did not seem surprised that she did not get any orders from that runway show.  Is Sonja paying a consulting fee or is she purchasing the clothes from him, how do we think he is getting his money form Sonja?

• Love 2

This whole thing with Sonja by Sonja collection seems like a scam. We know scams are not new to Sonja and she is probably going to get busted again. Just a matter of time before Dorinda ties on one and lets lose on Sonja for prepetrating a scam about being a designer. Sonja said something to her partner like I know you have lost money up front. Maybe she hasn't used any of her money for this. My question is why would a business person get mixed up with Sonja and her sketchy money making deals? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 5/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, amarante said:

So Sonja's new business venture consists of buying fugly cheap clothing from a wholesaler and slapping a label on it? She isn't even pretending to have any kind of design input or process the way Kyle is on the BH franchise.

I saw a preview of a show called America's Worst Cooks (or something like it) and Sonja is a contestant. So I guess the toaster oven and toaster oven cookbook is permanently on hold. I remember her reminiscing about cooking for the cream of society on her yacht on her toaster oven back in the early seasons.

A toaster oven cookbook.  That’s rich.  How the hell are you going to make a full dinner in a toaster oven?  All these schemes amaze me.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Google it.  It tells the story of him and her and their life all over the world.  Interesting.  Big difference than her life now.   Just type in Richard and Dorinda Medley.  All pictures come up.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
On 5/8/2020 at 1:27 AM, bichonblitz said:

Now I get Dorinda. She misses her lavish lifestyle with Richard, hobnobbing with all the important influential people.  She really loved Richard. But..... she's wallowing in what will never be again and she's drinking her misery away. She hates the new life she was forced in to through no fault of her own. It's made her bitter and hateful. If she wasn't such a bitch I would feel sorry for her. She really needs therapy to try and get her life together. 

I think Dorinda has finally realized that the HIllarys of the world she mingled with only did so because of Richard.  They have zero interest in having a friendship with her now that she's a widow.  And esp. now that she's a Housewife.

• Love 10
On 5/9/2020 at 9:54 AM, snarts said:

Sonja & Dorinda are the ones who seem to be most affected financially of late.  Both moved into smaller NYC apartments and are likely living on income from the show.  Dorinda has wealth but it's all tied up in the Berkshires estate. 

And that's why I think she's so upset over the renovations.  In order to sell that place and get top dollar.  She would HAVE to do a lot of cosmetic changes to that house in addition to whatever the problems she's having.  

Can you imagine a real estate agent going through that house with the ugly pallette?  Fish on the fucking wall?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/10/2020 at 8:56 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am one to check out the background on all these reality shows and his bare shelves spoke volumes, when Sonja got out of her Uber she said, "this was not a bad ride out here at all," made me think it was her first trip there.  

He did not seem surprised that she did not get any orders from that runway show.  Is Sonja paying a consulting fee or is she purchasing the clothes from him, how do we think he is getting his money form Sonja?

I'm convinced there are "businesses" that look for someone with instant reality fame to use their name and their reality fame.  Then the reality show star gets to claim this is the product they have slaved over for years.  I mean, how many skin care/cosmetic lines have we seen (that seem to go nowhere)?  How many fashion lines have we seen (that also go nowhere)?  I mean, I know some already have products when they come in or are really developing something, but it sure seems like there are a glut of HWs who suddenly get a product, make it seem like they've been working it for years, and then that product really doesn't seem to do any business.  It's a vanity business and something to give them a storyline to keep them on the show.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm convinced there are "businesses" that look for someone with instant reality fame to use their name and their reality fame.  Then the reality show star gets to claim this is the product they have slaved over for years.  I mean, how many skin care/cosmetic lines have we seen (that seem to go nowhere)?  How many fashion lines have we seen (that also go nowhere)?  I mean, I know some already have products when they come in or are really developing something, but it sure seems like there are a glut of HWs who suddenly get a product, make it seem like they've been working it for years, and then that product really doesn't seem to do any business.  It's a vanity business and something to give them a storyline to keep them on the show.  

And at some point they all wind up shilling for Boom Bod, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 5/10/2020 at 9:31 AM, 65mickey said:

Sonja said something to her partner like I know you have lost money up front. Maybe she hasn't used any of her money for this. My question is why would a business person get mixed up with Sonja and her sketchy money making deals? 

4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm convinced there are "businesses" that look for someone with instant reality fame to use their name and their reality fame.  Then the reality show star gets to claim this is the product they have slaved over for years.

This is exactly what I have assumed from the beginning when her "lifestyle brand" started to be a story point.  She was more up front about the Tipsy Girl brand.  My only question is if she got a lump sum deal or if her payment was based on a percentage of sales.  I'm guessing the latter.  

• Love 3
On 5/8/2020 at 4:18 PM, RedDelicious said:

Also I think Jacques is a great guy, but I could never get past his nose. Which makes me incredibly shallow, but I was made fun of for my nose my entire young life until I got a nose job so I don't really feel that bad about it. Which probably makes me even more shallow 😺

The nose would be something I could get past if it wasn’t for the lack of chin that goes with it.  Horrible combo. 

• Love 2
On 5/10/2020 at 2:52 PM, sasha206 said:

My theory that she's struggling with money seems like it could be true.  Get your personal message for $150!

https://dorindamedley.com/collections/frontpage/products/personalmessage

OMFG! That is just pathetic. Interesting that she has never talked about this crap on the show, and tried to peddle it there. I guess she is trying to act like she doesn't need to money, all the while peddling "Clip Clip" mugs and the chance to do tacky 80s aerobics with Mrs. Medley. She really should never look down her nose at John again. 

• Love 11
On 5/10/2020 at 12:57 PM, sasha206 said:

I think Dorinda has finally realized that the HIllarys of the world she mingled with only did so because of Richard.  They have zero interest in having a friendship with her now that she's a widow.  And esp. now that she's a Housewife.

And because she is a drunk. I think Dorinda is depressed and self medicating w alcohol. And maybe other things. If she was in treatment and clean and dedicated to culture and the arts again there are plenty of men more Richard like than John like she could meet. John puts up with her drinking and addiction. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

And because she is a drunk. I think Dorinda is depressed and self medicating w alcohol. And maybe other things. If she was in treatment and clean and dedicated to culture and the arts again there are plenty of men more Richard like than John like she could meet. John puts up with her drinking and addiction. 

John puts up with way too much from this spittle flecked alcoholic slattern. I hear they are on a “break.” Good.

Run for the hills John.

• Love 7
On 5/9/2020 at 9:50 PM, Chicklet said:

I get the feeling that Richard's friends didn't exactly embrace Mrs. Medley because, well she's who she is and her personality didn't just emerge when she started on the show. I think that if she had made great friends from that group she would be much too busy to be on this show. And would find it beneath her.

I tend to agree. She has always struck me as rather rough around the edges, especially the way she speaks.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

John puts up with way too much from this spittle flecked alcoholic slattern. I hear they are on a “break.” Good.

Run for the hills John.

I don't know that I'd classify Dorinda as a slattern. Sonja? Definitely. Lu? Borderline. 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:50 PM, Chicklet said:

When I saw the photos of Dorinda and Richard together I realized how much of a cliche trophy wife she was. While not as obviously so as Sonja, the restaurant greeter 🙂 who married a true alter kocker, the difference in age, class and intellectual prowess were still significant. 

Except for looks, Dorinda and John really are on the same level culturally and socially.

• Love 5
On 5/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, Silver Bells said:

A toaster oven cookbook.  That’s rich.  How the hell are you going to make a full dinner in a toaster oven?  All these schemes amaze me.

Don't you remember the season when that was Sonja's major story line. She even had a prototype box designed with a big photography shoot that Heather (I think it was Heather) assisted her with.

And she also was shown cooking in her toaster oven and claiming that she was testing out recipes. She would talk about how she would bring her toaster oven to the yachts and cook for the people there although she didn't mention *John John* as being one of the people she fed 🙂 

Also there was another storyline where Bethenny attempted to give her business advice and was pretty harsh about it. As I recall, this was NOT the season when Bethenny was pissed about the Tipsy Slut liquor but was regarding the toaster oven.

Sonja's new line of clothing is terrible even by Real Housewife standards as it truly looks as though cheap clothing was randomly selected to be licensed. I thought Luanne's clothing line was pretty terrible but at least she attempted to justify each piece in her line  as part of her style. Her necklace line was a great fit but the price point was too high - in my opinion - to work as items for fans to purchase. 

Dorinda's video greeting for sale is not unique. Other housewives including Bethenny sell video greetings through some kind of company that has a website. Bethenny's are the most expensive as she charges $299. Kameron from the Dallas franchise sells one but it is $75. There are also other D-list celebrities, sports figures etc that are on the website. I guess it might make a fun gift for someone who has everything and is a fan of a person. Back in the day when people had answering machines celebrities would do greetings for your machine for a certain amount.

• Love 4