Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Why was Sonja chewing her liquid soup?

I do this (and so did my grandfather - maybe it's genetic). It's a weird quirk and I can't explain it but even when I'm not loading down my tomato soup with crackers and Goldfish and dipping grilled cheese sandwiches into it, I move my mouth like I'm chewing it. I honestly thought Sonja was sneaking a bite of bread and trying to hide it from the camera because it looked like she had clutching something in her hand but she could just be weird like me. 

7 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

But with a ton less wit and humor.

This. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I do this (and so did my grandfather - maybe it's genetic). It's a weird quirk and I can't explain it but even when I'm not loading down my tomato soup with crackers and Goldfish and dipping grilled cheese sandwiches into it, I move my mouth like I'm chewing it. I honestly thought Sonja was sneaking a bite of bread and trying to hide it from the camera because it looked like she had clutching something in her hand but she could just be weird like me. 

This. 

Thank You , as I thought maybe I missed something here as her soup bowl didn't appear to have any garnish, crackers or cubed bread in it.

You are probably right that she was being on the sly with bread and or crackers even though she was proclaiming to be on an all liquid diet cleanse.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I honestly thought Sonja was sneaking a bite of bread and trying to hide it from the camera because it looked like she had clutching something in her hand but she could just be weird like me. 

I think she might have taken a bite of bread or two as well! She was definitely chewing on something!

• LOL 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Thank You , as I thought maybe I missed something here as her soup bowl didn't appear to have any garnish, crackers or cubed bread in it.

You are probably right that she was being on the sly with bread and or crackers even though she was proclaiming to be on an all liquid diet cleanse.

I think Sonja was just taking advice from Kim Richards in that moment.

Screen_Shot_2019-06-07_at_2.13.32_PM.jpg

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

I think Sonja was just taking advice from Kim Richards in the moment. 

Screen_Shot_2019-06-07_at_2.13.32_PM.jpg

Yes! Although I don't think Sonja has quite the same raging eating problems that Rinna does, I think that Sonja does struggle to keep her weight down, like most women do. Her liquid fast diet is likely punctuated with bites of carbs here and there throughout the day (and why she isn't able to really lose any weight). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Okay, I am not "fancy" but I would be annoyed being served wine in water glasses, as they did where Tinsley & her mom had the pizza. The pizza looked good, though. Pizza... 🍕🍕🍕

Tim Robbins’s character in “The Player” tells the waitperson to replace the red wine glass with an actual water glass and repour his bottled water. Then leaves before the waitperson returns.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The flashbacks of Dorinda and Ramona bullying people through the years was brilliant. What a couple of assholes, those two. 

Tinsley needs to pump the brakes on her face tanner, or whatever it is that is turning her face orange. 

I'm not sure what to say about Luann drinking. It was sad to see all her "friends" encouraging her to drink again. Sonja was on the podcast "Bitch Sesh" last week, and even she said that she always has to go somewhere and detox after filming because they binge so so much. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Jacques and Luann had the same hair in season four, and now they have the same hair again in season 12!  He looks like Balky Bartokomous.  

Lol, that's a blast from the past! I thought Jacques was just ahead of us all with a Corona hair situation. He sure seems to have a type, though. Lu and Paige could pass for sisters. I didn't have any trouble understanding him, and those others might have if they kept their mouths shut.

6 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Sonja being called out for talking was kinda messed up, she was actively listening.

I agree. It was Dorinda who started talking.

4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sequin hummingbirds on a Jovani baseball jacket and white pants with black tuxedo stripes. Remember when Lu wore understated, stylish clothes. 

Her pronunciation of “dire” still makes my brain hurt.

Her prounounciation of "olcohol" makes mine hurt.

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Now I get Dorinda. She misses her lavish lifestyle with Richard, hobnobbing with all the important influential people.  She really loved Richard. But..... she's wallowing in what will never be again and she's drinking her misery away. She hates the new life she was forced in to through no fault of her own. It's made her bitter and hateful. If she wasn't such a bitch I would feel sorry for her. She really needs therapy to try and get her life together. 

I really think she seems on the verge of a breakdown. Although she has been bitter and hateful for the last couple of years when she is drunk, it seems to be her regular state now. Unless she is drunk all the time, which would explain her enabling Lu so she has a drinking buddy. Instead of wallowing in self pity she should be grateful for the years of  lavish life she had when she landed Richard, because she wasn't born into it.

Edited by lizajane
  • Love 21

I’m only 19 mins in and have t read anything posted yet..

Tinsley may want to look into other options if she really wants to have a child. Waiting on the perfect scenario (a man/husband) may cause her not to have what she desperately wants. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Activity, drink, argue, drink more, argue more, the end. This seems to be the weekly script and I think its wearing me down.

Don't they have any real interests that aren't made up on the fly ? Yea I didn't think so.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

Just a survey... Dorinda said that we all go to drink when we're down, something like that. I'm OK drinking but hate losing control of myself. So I always stop when my nose gets numb. So how many of you agree with Dorinda? Or Me?

I go to chocolate, not drink.  I don't like being out of control and one drink puts me to sleep.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I'm confused - was Jaques always a stand-up comic?  Was that why he hooked up with Luann - for the punch lines???

Did they bring Jacques in to save the day?  Ain’t workin.  Guess it’s time for a vacation somewhere.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Activity, drink, argue, drink more, argue more, the end. This seems to be the weekly script and I think its wearing me down.

Don't they have any real interests that aren't made up on the fly ? Yea I didn't think so.

Nothing going on.  Ramoaner talking stupid and Dorinda narating nothing going on.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Now I get Dorinda. She misses her lavish lifestyle with Richard, hobnobbing with all the important influential people.  She really loved Richard. But..... she's wallowing in what will never be again and she's drinking her misery away. She hates the new life she was forced in to through no fault of her own. It's made her bitter and hateful. If she wasn't such a bitch I would feel sorry for her. She really needs therapy to try and get her life together. 

In a season preview Dorinda seems to be talking to a therapist about pretending she’s okay, so maybe she’ll try to get it together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I do think Dorinda misses Bethanny, and I also think that Bethanny MIGHT have left, in part, because of Tinsley (in that she wasn't connecting with the other castmates). She did nothing but goad and taunt Carole the whole season that Carole was friends with Tinsley. I think Tinsely is old money and hangs with old money (her background shows she is friends with the uber wealthy!)  and these other ladies are really super jealous of her, IMO.  I sort of think Dorinda wants her to stay in her lane. Last season, Bethanny could barely keep a straight face with Tinsley spoke. The disrespect and mean-girlness of her was really apparent. 

That’s really interesting.  Why is Tinsley on in the first place?  What happened to Scott?  Last I he@rd they were engaged.  I’ll say it for the 100 th time.  Bethenny brought the laughs, love her or hate her.  Dorinda can’t cut it.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think she might have taken a bite of bread or two as well! She was definitely chewing on something!

If I don’t have carbs, like bread, I get dizzy after a few days.  Seriously.  My favorite is a slice of rye bread with butter with coffee in the morning.  Mostly with an egg on top.  Sometimes with a slice of ham too, lol.  Especially when the husband makes it.  Better yet.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Okay, I am not "fancy" but I would be annoyed being served wine in water glasses, as they did where Tinsley & her mom had the pizza. The pizza looked good, though. Pizza... 🍕🍕🍕

Thank god Dorit wasn’t there 😂

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Leah, if it's that big of a deal in your life, just don't drink. 

There's something about him that is cringy to me. But I thought he wanted kids and that's why it didn't work.

Boy, they sure can pick them.  NOT !

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

I think I got a quick glimpse of melba toast.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, lizajane said:

I didn't have any trouble understanding him, and those others might have if they kept their mouths shut.

I didn't either.  Hearing him say "TEX-ass" made me giggle - I used to work with someone who grew up in France and he pronounced it the same way despite having lived here for many years.  My former co-worker had much less of an accent in general though.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I do think Dorinda misses Bethanny, and I also think that Bethanny MIGHT have left, in part, because of Tinsley (in that she wasn't connecting with the other castmates). She did nothing but goad and taunt Carole the whole season that Carole was friends with Tinsley. I think Tinsely is old money and hangs with old money (her background shows she is friends with the uber wealthy!)  and these other ladies are really super jealous of her, IMO.  I sort of think Dorinda wants her to stay in her lane. Last season, Bethanny could barely keep a straight face with Tinsley spoke. The disrespect and mean-girlness of her was really apparent. 

I agree, but they're also super jealous of Tinsley being young and pretty.  The way Bethenny harangued her at the ski lodge until she called Scott and cried?  Bethenny had a lot of problems with her.  And the way Carole and Bethenny were towards Jules.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

You know Dorit would have something to say about that. 😂

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh yes.  Besides all that, she is judgemental, a know- it-all, tells them all what to do, and thinks she’s so worldly.  She hits below the belt, and is a preacher.  There is too much of Dorinda on this show since Bethenny left.  She cannot fill her shoes.  Now, she’s picking on little Tinsley.  Go pick on someone your own size 6.  Yeah, right.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

I’m only 19 mins in and have t read anything posted yet..

Tinsley may want to look into other options if she really wants to have a child. Waiting on the perfect scenario (a man/husband) may cause her not to have what she desperately wants. 

I hope she froze her eggs.  I think she might have..  where’s Scott? Last I heard they were engaged.  Is that correct?  I really hope so.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lgprimes said:

I really enjoy Ramona when she is up to her shenanigans, but think the reason everybody lets her get away with that is because at her core she is a good friend. It’s nice that the editors are letting us see more of that side of her this season.

I like seeing this side of Ramona more too. She can be quite motherly and give really good advice when she wants to. She can also be a real pain but I imagine that a lot of the shenanigans happen only because she is on TV. Like when she constantly brings up John up to no good to Dorinda, I see that clearly as trying to create a storyline. In real life I doubt she would do that to her friend. I think that's where Dorinda's anger with Tinsley 'not being honest' comes from. She's trying to get her to admit being a paid girlfriend or whatever on camera to create drama for the show and is annoyed maybe Tinsley is keeping some of her life off camera and sees it as 'well, you're getting paid to air your dirty laundry like the rest of us honey, so spill.'

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

For all of her faults, I can't hate Dorinda. I just can't. I'm confident the Tinsley bullshit is a producer driven storyline, just now instead of Bethenny or Sonja coming for her, it's Dorinda, because Tinsley is an easy target. I can't help it, my heart just hurts for Dorinda, losing Richard the way she did, which was unexpected and his illness was very short. I think she tried to fill that void to a certain extent with John, which wasn't really fair to John, but he had to know where she was emotionally. With the John relationship dissolving, Dorinda is finally facing her grief head-on, alone, and we're seeing that on camera. Richard was her one person and after 9 years she is finally dealing with it. And she is very likely going through menopause, which is magnifying it x1000. The visit to her old townhouse broke my heart.

I agree that Dorinda, Sonja, Luanne and Ramona are lost without their husbands and younger children to raise, which is somewhat of an identity in and of itself. Now they are technically single in their 50s and 60s and just kind of...lost. I would be too. And I've never even had a husband. I always say there is a difference between envy and jealousy and I admit I'm a little envious of Tinsley myself, in her mid-40s with the body of a 25-year old and plenty of financial resources. The world is still her oyster, and for the other ladies, not so much. I can see that.

ETA: I would like to see the show take a turn and give us the ladies finding their own way instead of pining for old/lost loves and being awkward.

I still don't miss Bethenny one bit 🙂

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22
10 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I suspected there was a chunk of bread squirreled away in her cheek too. Silly woman could drop 10-15 lbs in no time flat just by giving up the booze.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Leah didn’t say Tinsley was intimidated by Dorinda, she said Dorinda can be intimidating. Obviously Dorinda’s alcohol soaked brain couldn’t process that distinction.  Dorinda hears what she want’s to hear. How ironic that she has said Sonja is living in the past when she’s just as bad, if not worse.  I’m so over her. I can’t believe I used to be a fan.  Plus she needs to run a brush through the back of her hair after her afternoon nap and the fact she thinks people will believe she’s a size 6 Is adorable.  She’s not fat by any means but I’m sorry that ass won’t fit into a size 6  

I wouldn’t last five minutes with the likes of Dorinda.  I would tell her ass to go fuck herself.  She’s a know it all, nasty, pain in the ass.  They all are afraid of her when she gets loaded.  She’ll get you where it hurts the most.  That’s a BULLY.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
(edited)
3 hours ago, laprin said:

Dorinda, Sonja, LuAnne and Ramona lost social standing and experienced financial loss without their husbands. Tinsley gets divorced and, though she lost social standing, is still able to live a lavish lifestyle. 

I don't think any of them experienced financial loss except Sonja and that's only because she pissed all of her divorce money away on bad investments. The rest of them seem to be doing just fine financially, especially Ramona.  They don't have to work, they all have several homes and living in NYC and the Hamptons (Berkshires for Doro) is mega expensive. They also get paid very nicely for doing this trainwreck of a show.  As for social standing, oh yes! That's where it really hurts with these ladies. A real punch in the gut especially for Lady of the Manor Morgan. She still can't cope with being a nobody so she continues to lives in her delusional world. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, MadMiniaturist said:

I think that's at least a size 10 ass.

I saw a piece of bread in Sonja's hand too! Doesn't fasting slow your metabolism and pretty much set you up for a colossal binge in the end!?

Weight Watchers.  You eat, you lose weight.  Who would believe alcohol Is a lot of calories?   A lot of these housewives rather drink than eat.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I agree that Dorinda, Sonja, Luanne and Ramona are lost without their husbands and younger children to raise, which is somewhat of an identity in and of itself. Now they are technically single in their 50s and 60s and just kind of...lost.

I would not lump LuAnn in with the others here. She is very independent, which may have contributed to the end of her marriage. Her cabaret show, love it or hate it, has been a success. She might prefer to have a man provide for her, but she doesn’t seem lost without one.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Lol right. 5 pounds doesn't relegate you to a dress that's basically a bath robe.

Well... how tall is Sonja? Because it certainly does for me. I'm 5'2. Three pounds is maximum margin for error if I want to properly fit in my clothes. 

Just googled and she's 5'7, so no, Sonja probably has about 10 pounds to gamble with in terms of her clothes fitting properly. She looks puffy but I chalked that up to extra surgeries. 

I typically love Dorinda and have no issue with her walks down Medley Memory Lane, but the need to attack Tinsley at every turn is making her totally unlikable. She's downright vicious to a girl who's never done a mean thing to any of the women. Geez. Dorinda, can you back off for a second?

I don't know why Elaine is there. 

Ramona being motherly to Leah reminded me of how Ramona used to try to comfort Bethenny. I hope Leah is kinder in repaying Ramona than B was. 

Jacques will always be a fav of mine. I love that Lu is still close with him. Nice to see that all relationships don't have to crash and burn. Lu and Jacques, Ramona and Mario, Leah and her baby daddy... nice to see compassion between exes. I've never been lucky in that department. 

Tins and Dale used to get under my skin, but I lost my mother 4 weeks ago and now I can't even get through their scenes. I'd give anything for my mother to nag me and take a few digs at my poor choices again. Tins seems to know how lucky she is, which does my heart good. Still, I wish Dale would just let her daughter be her own person. 

• Love 17