Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 5/9/2020 at 9:50 PM, Chicklet said:

I get the feeling that Richard's friends didn't exactly embrace Mrs. Medley because, well she's who she is and her personality didn't just emerge when she started on the show. I think that if she had made great friends from that group she would be much too busy to be on this show. And would find it beneath her.

Great point!  Am I the only one that sees the look on Dorinda’s face as saying “see, I’m being good”.  

I can easily imagine her embarrassing Richard on multiple occasions with her messiness. 

• Love 9
On 5/12/2020 at 6:09 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

And because she is a drunk. I think Dorinda is depressed and self medicating w alcohol. And maybe other things. If she was in treatment and clean and dedicated to culture and the arts again there are plenty of men more Richard like than John like she could meet. John puts up with her drinking and addiction. 

I think those men are going to go for the younger version of Dorinda.  

• Love 4
On 5/9/2020 at 9:36 AM, ladypoodle said:

Jacques seemed lovely, very charming and socially gracious, bet Luanns regretting that... also how rude to say his accent made him hard to understand, not the case at all, but then again I have seen lots of US shows which subtitle people with even a hint of an accent.

He does seem that way, but I think if Lu was enthralled by a low-rent Johnny Depp pirate, she was already out the door with Jacques anyway. Sometimes no matter how wonderful a person is, when the feeling dies it dies.  

I think she feels more guilt about the pirate thing now.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, escatefromny said:

Great point!  Am I the only one that sees the look on Dorinda’s face as saying “see, I’m being good”.  

I can easily imagine her embarrassing Richard on multiple occasions with her messiness. 

I agree.  I don't believe her issues with alcohol suddenly showed up after the death of Richard.    Maybe he was able to curb her drinking when they were with the higher ups.  Maybe he was also a drinker.  Maybe she was happier at that time and as a result, she wasn't such an angry drunk.

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I agree.  I don't believe her issues with alcohol suddenly showed up after the death of Richard.    Maybe he was able to curb her drinking when they were with the higher ups.  Maybe he was also a drinker.  Maybe she was happier at that time and as a result, she wasn't such an angry drunk.

I think she drank with Richard I think had he lived longer they probably would have gone bad and either her drinking to much or his forcing her to tone down the drinking ( you can’t be a sloppy mouthy drunk and be socially accepted)  would have been a huge issue with them. She’s an alcoholic the woman just needs an excuse to drink ... she’s nasty and lashes out and those traits aren't something that magically show up this late in her life.  You don’t suddenly get a new personality this late in life. This is was and always will be Dorinda if she doesn’t get some kind help 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think she drank with Richard I think had he lived longer they probably would have gone bad and either her drinking to much or his forcing her to tone down the drinking ( you can’t be a sloppy mouthy drunk and be socially accepted)  would have been a huge issue with them. She’s an alcoholic the woman just needs an excuse to drink ... she’s nasty and lashes out and those traits aren't something that magically show up this late in her life.  You don’t suddenly get a new personality this late in life. This is was and always will be Dorinda if she doesn’t get some kind help 

This is the way I picture their marriage on their 10th year if he had lived long enough.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I think she was happier at the time, and so, may have been a happy, fun drunk, and, maybe, she didn't feel the need to drink as much (we really don't know what she was like when she was with Richard). Since Richard's death, imo, she has used alcohol as a crutch, and as time has passed, she's become more bitter/depressed, and so has become a bitter, nasty drunk. jmo. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
eta: just a theory, ahem,...
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Well you do sorta have new personality traits that show up when you are an alcoholic. It's just the worse traits that get finely honed and you find scapegoats for all your troubles and less control over outbursts and inappropriate behavior. Like the time I was accused of not stopping a second wedding. On a yacht , no John john wasn't there, but I asked if I should have pushed the groom off the boat? I didn't get an answer.

Dorinda reminds me so much of my family member. 

ETA= I should have pushed the bride AND the groom off the boat in retrospect.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

How come Dorinda is all over the others faults, but none of them are telling her of her faults?  Scared to speak up?  I’m remembering when she went to Puerto Rico for Bethennys big meeting.  Dorinda came to the Supper meeting high as a kite, then let Bethenny have it, then walked away.  I think that was the only time someone told her she needed help.  She’s probably been this way long before Richard.  Who really knows how their marriage was?  Richard might have been disgusted with the way she was.  We don’t know.  I don’t think this side ofDorinda came out of nowhere or just because Richard died.  Where are all her friends and important people now?

• Love 5
9 hours ago, amarante said:

Don't you remember the season when that was Sonja's major story line. She even had a prototype box designed with a big photography shoot that Heather (I think it was Heather) assisted her with.

And she also was shown cooking in her toaster oven and claiming that she was testing out recipes. She would talk about how she would bring her toaster oven to the yachts and cook for the people there although she didn't mention *John John* as being one of the people she fed 🙂 

Also there was another storyline where Bethenny attempted to give her business advice and was pretty harsh about it. As I recall, this was NOT the season when Bethenny was pissed about the Tipsy Slut liquor but was regarding the toaster oven.

Heather also tried to advise Sonja and even brought in her own marketing staff.

• Love 5

It might be possible Dorinda only started having this drinking problem after Richard died, and she just hasn't fully dealt with everything regarding his death. Maybe her way of self-medicating.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Hiyo said:

It might be possible Dorinda only started having this drinking problem after Richard died, and she just hasn't fully dealt with everything regarding his death. Maybe her way of self-medicating.

You just might be right.  I’m watching the reruns and it didn’t look like Dorinda drank all that much as lately.  The reruns are so funny.  I miss seeing Sonja having dinner parties at the Morgan townhouse, and dinner parties at other houses.  Ramona and Sonja were Lucy & Ethel, always jabbering and arguing.  LuAnn had a storyline with Tom, and Carole with the chef.  The scenes were so much better than now.  There’s not much going on at all now.  Maybe they have exhausted everything?

• Love 4

This episode about Dorinda seems very spooky to me.  There's a Twilight Zone episode titled "A Stop at Willoughby" about an older man riding the train home from work in modern day times and falling asleep.  When he wakes up, he's on a train in the past and he gets off at his old stop Willoughby.  The whole episode is him experiencing the thrill of being back re-living his most sweet and wonderful memories. The story ends with authorities looking down at the guy's body, the assumption being the guy woke up, realized his experience could never happen, and jumped off the train.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ugh!  This episode.  Could Dorinda be any LESS self aware?  Oh she doesn't ever bully anyone -- she was the one on the playground going after the bullies.  Thank goodness they showed plenty of examples of how often Dorinda is a horrible bully to the people around her.  Oh and Richard, Richard, Richard, Richard, St. Richard we pray for salvation from Dorinda's Richard fixation.

My impression of Leah is that she's just so casual.  She casually has a child with someone she has a casual relationship with.  She's casual about drinking even though she knows she can't really handle it.  She has such a flat personality, yet she says she wants passion -- but excitement seems about the last thing she can manage to muster up.  She's pretty enough, but I think if I was a guy I wouldn't be interested in her.

My impression of Sonja this season is she's looking like she's not showering or washing her hair regularly.  In her THs, she looks like her last salon visit was at Super Cuts, and her face tells us she's carrying a lot more than 5 extra lbs.  I used to get a big kick out of her in her Sonja and Ramona days.  Now all I can see is the pathetic, with her tacky new "fashion line" and especially when she's taking a look at her actual numbers.  She can't deny that she has failed at everything she's attempted in the past few years.  She's getting to be too much of a loser to stay on this show much longer.

LuAnn and Jacque embarrassed themselves with that comedy show.  His accent is far too heavy for him to be an entertainer.  Jacques is a nice, good guy, but overall I think he's kind of a dud.  The same way I thought about him when he and Lu were together -- I just thought that was the best she could do at the moment.  LuAnn needs a new, more exciting guy to make things interesting again.  Maybe someone like Carole's ex-beau what's-his-name.

Surprising to see Tins and Dale having a conversation where Dale isn't mercilessly skewering her daughter with indirect put-downs.  And WHY on earth is Dale still pushing babies when Tinsley is ill-suited to motherhood, and is currently unattached with nobody on the horizon.  She's too old to be just starting out of the gate.  She's better off childless and Dale will just have to cope.

I was glad to see Leah standing up to Dorinda, telling her she's intimidating.  ("Who, me?")  Then Dorinda turns to Tinsley "she says you're intimidated by me" when Leah didn't say that.  (I loved Leah saying: Dorinda and tequila? No bueno!)  But since it's Tinsley, Dorinda has to go in hard, insisting those were Leah's exact words when it was so obviously not what Leah said. 

When Dorinda's version of events gets debunked, she's immediately pissed that no one is agreeing with her and changes modes from tipsy argumentative drunk to mean threatening drunk.  She wisely decides to remove herself from the premises because she knows she'll be foaming at the mouth once again over absolutely nothing. 

A Question:  Why did Dorinda let them put that terrible looking white lipstick on her for her THs?

The slide, and Ramona and LuAnn breaking away from the group to play ping pong were the only fun parts of the whole episode.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4
On 5/8/2020 at 2:06 AM, lizajane said:

Lol, that's a blast from the past! I thought Jacques was just ahead of us all with a Corona hair situation. He sure seems to have a type, though. Lu and Paige could pass for sisters. I didn't have any trouble understanding him, and those others might have if they kept their mouths shut.

I agree. It was Dorinda who started talking.

Her prounounciation of "olcohol" makes mine hurt.

I really think she seems on the verge of a breakdown. Although she has been bitter and hateful for the last couple of years when she is drunk, it seems to be her regular state now. Unless she is drunk all the time, which would explain her enabling Lu so she has a drinking buddy. Instead of wallowing in self pity she should be grateful for the years of  lavish life she had when she landed Richard, because she wasn't born into it.

I think you've hit on something here.  Dorinda knows she wasn't born to the ritzy, high-flying lifestyle she had with Richard.  I think a lot of her problem is that she felt she deserved that life and wanted it to last forever.  I think her volcanic anger comes from the fact that she feels cheated that it lasted for only 7 years, and that wasn't nearly long enough for her.   

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 3:26 AM, FancyNancy said:

I’m only 19 mins in and have t read anything posted yet..

Tinsley may want to look into other options if she really wants to have a child. Waiting on the perfect scenario (a man/husband) may cause her not to have what she desperately wants. 

I seriously doubt Tinsley yearns for her own children.  What she truly wants is a rich husband who'll pamper and indulge her, brag on her and show her off.  Dale is the one with the desperate desires.  She wants  grandchildren, but I suspect only for the bragging rights.  My gut tells me Dale isn't terribly fond of little ones for more than 5 minutes.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8

Dorinda is a fucking bitch. I cannot stand her this season. I used to really like her. 

Ramona is right, she is jealous of Tinsley. 

Sonja was once again so embarrassing. Talking with food in her mouth is sadly not the grossest thing she did in the episode. 

Lu, being a shady bitch not being able to come up with one nice thing to say about Leah's apartment. 

• Love 9

Yeah, I was a fan of Dorinda's in the past, and hope she cleans up her act. Though her doubling down on being nasty to Tinsley on social media suggests that ain't happening any time soon...

Lu, being a shady bitch not being able to come up with one nice thing to say about Leah's apartment. 

She wasn't being shady, she was being an outright asshole lol

Shade would have been something like "I thought for how small it was, she did a nice job decorating it" or "It looked and felt bright and nice, even if it doesn't seem to get much natural light".

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

A six at Old Navy would be like a 12 or more somewhere else

I've been shopping at Old Navy for about 20 years and in different sizes. That's never been my observation. I don't recognize anything Dorinda wears as Old Navy (or any of them, for that matter).

I've seen some cringe-worthy standup and that fundraiser was...special, all right. I always thought LuAnn had way more chemistry with Jacques than any other man on the show, the Count included. I wouldn't have pegged Jacques as an aspiring comedian.

I can't stand Dale. Of course, she HAD to bring up the baby issue. It reminds me of how my mom used to needle me about losing weight when I was younger. She'd say things like "don't you want to have a boyfriend?" as if a) I wasn't already aware of not having one and b) her constant reminders were going to cause some miraculous change. 

I wish Bethenny was back this season just to go to NJ and ask that Ali Express guy what's up. It was painful watching Sonja be oblivious to a indeterminately sketchy situation.

Dorinda, a lunch threesome is hardly an earth-shattering idea. Hope you didn't waste too much time on that one.

Edited by archer1267
edited to add quote
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I've seen some cringe-worthy standup and that fundraiser was...special, all right. I always thought LuAnn had way more chemistry with Jacques than any other man on the show, the Count included. I wouldn't have pegged Jacques as an aspiring comedian.

I totally agree and I wonder if she’s regretting some of her choices/actions during their time together.

• Love 4

I’m starting to get kind of crazy unstable vibes from Leah. Her affect when talking about her relationship with her daughter’s father was strange. I wonder if she thought a surprise baby would force him to propose.

• Love 4