Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

On the other hand, I did like Portia's weekly catch-up breakfast with Trina.

Poor Trina, already tired of takeout. PCU needs to up its food game if it wants to stay competitive.

Good for Portia for setting Trina straight about Spencer. His problems are not her fault.

Eesh, algebra trig. I feel Joss there. I barely scraped together a C.

Did Spencer really think he could use a credit card Nik paid for? I can't feel sorry for him when he's this stupid. He needs a reckoning, having been indulged for way, way too long. I'm sure someone will fold and support him (much) sooner rather than later, but I will enjoy watching him live a less indulgent life.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Eesh, algebra trig. I feel Joss there. I barely scraped together a C.

Is that a combined subject? Because I thought algebra and trig were classes taken in high school so I was about to call Joss out. I guess it could be an advanced level.

• Useful 1
Just now, tvgoddess said:

Is that a combined subject? Because I thought algebra and trig were classes taken in high school so I was about to call Joss out. I guess it could be an advanced level.

I had advanced algebra/trigonometry in my junior year of high school. I did pretty well, and I'm not a math person at all. But it was the fucking word problems that prevented me from getting that A!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

"I'll send you home with like a pound." Wow, a whole entire 16 ounces! Way to be the generous coffee magnate, Sonny.

Phyllis, the situation in Nixon Falls was not complicated.

Carly talking about someone enabling Spencer his entire life should have reduced her to ashes, but she had a point regardless. He does need to stand on his own two feet.

8 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Uh, if Nina gave Josslyn the journal for her graduation, there is no way Joss would have written about Sonny's funeral in it as he "died" back in December and she graduated just a couple of months ago.

She could write about it after the fact. I buy that. 

But Joss needs to STFU. 

8 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

In college it can be combined. It can depend on your major and the breadth requirements.

My cable guide caught up with this episode as far as the preview goes, so I wonder if the rerun on Wednesday was to get things back on track in some way. There wasn't a cliffhanger, exactly, but it did feel like a Friday ep to me.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I’d guess the writers screwed up that line but my college did have that course. However, it was more of a remedial course for students that didn’t pass a math competency test. Everyone else that needed math courses in college took calculus freshman year 

Edited by ffwbe
  • LOL 1

So let me get this straight, Joss can forgive Sonny for 1) trying to kill her father in a plane crash; and 2) getting his green card revoked so that she could not see him for who knows how long...BUT she can't forgive Nina for keeping the fact that Sonny was alive? 

I mean all three situations do not warrant forgiveness...but come on Joss.

Edited by Sheggy50G
  • Love 22

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly talking about someone enabling Spencer his entire life should have reduced her to ashes, but she had a point regardless. He does need to stand on his own two feet.

Someone needs to show him how to though. Spencer has been so indulged all his life despite the lack of parenting that he hasn't a clue what to do to stand on his own two feet. Sonny was all about brushing aside Spencer rigging Laura's election but now he has no time for the son of his dead only sister because it affected Avery. Someone (Britt? Ava? Cameron? Kevin?) needs to help Spencer come up with a plan on how to stand on his two feet and maybe find a room at Kelly's i the time-honoured GH tradition.

Today, between Sonny being angry at Nina, Joss yelling at Nina and Carly getting high and mighty at what Spencer did to Avery, it feels like that family fuels itself on indignation and anger at those who have done them wrong. Looking forward to Michael yelling tomorrow. They are harpies feeling off of indignation because of how others have wronged them.

43 minutes ago, Sheggy50G said:

So let me get this straight, Joss can forgive Sonny for 1) trying to kill her father in a plane crash; and 2) getting his green card revoked so that she could not see him for who knows how long...BUT she can't forgive Nina for keeping the fact that Sonny was alive?

Very often Joss doesn't have the reactions of a real person but as an avatar of how the writers want the viewers to feel.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer has been so indulged all his life despite the lack of parenting that he hasn't a clue what to do to stand on his own two feet.

The show, as usual, tries to have it both ways. How many times were we told Spencer had escaped boarding school to tool around Europe on his own? If he can figure that out as a tween, he can figure out how to apply for an entry-level job as a young adult. 

Does Bobbie still own Kelly's? She'd be happy to give him a room and a job as a busboy if he asked. Whether Spencer would deign to lower himself to that sort of townie status is another question, but he's not without resources. He just needs to take the initiative, and that shouldn't need teaching. Ask your grandmother, you idiot.

• Love 7

I really enjoyed today's episode.  I liked the scene between the Westbourne cousins.  Britt as she is now is actually someone that I can legitimately imagine not being really upset with Nina for what she did.  I also enjoyed Britt in her scenes with Spencer.  She seems to have actually learned from her mistakes and is trying to do better.

I also enjoyed the scenes between Portia and Trina.  Portia is serious quoting Maya Angelou.  I know that she's right, but I am still rooting for Spencer and Trina.  Also, did my eyes deceive me or was there a little sparkette of chemistry between Portia and Nikolas in their brief scene at the Metro Court?

I did think that it was weird that Spencer and Esme never mentioned Trina in their whole discussion about what led up to his confession.  Maybe they have a no Trina talk rule or something.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"I'll send you home with like a pound." Wow, a whole entire 16 ounces! Way to be the generous coffee magnate, Sonny.

I actually said out loud "you cheap, fucking bastard." 

Carly talking about someone enabling Spencer his entire life should have reduced her to ashes

For someone whose had her man du jour (or Jason, always) bail her out of every mess she's gotten herself into since before Spencer was born, she really is an insane hypocrite.

But Joss needs to STFU. 

Such a drama queen.  The bitchy apple didn't fall far from the bitch apple tree there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

bail her out of every mess she's gotten herself into since before Spencer was born,

As she stands in the hotel that Jax bought her.  

1 hour ago, drtslim said:

chemistry between Portia and Nikolas in their brief scene at the Metro Court?

Portia was on fire in that scene.  

How many times were we told Spencer had escaped boarding school to tool around Europe on his own?

At a much younger age.  But, he was also running around, using the Cassadine credit card, so there was no heavy lifting going on.  Now he has to figure out how to live without resources.  And yes, Kelly's would be the place to live and work.  

3 hours ago, Sheggy50G said:

BUT she can't forgive Nina for keeping the fact that Sonny was alive? 

Yes, but Nina kept Sonny away for NINE MONTHS!!

4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Uh, if Nina gave Josslyn the journal for her graduation, there is no way Joss would have written about Sonny's funeral in it as he "died" back in December

I just assumed she started writing in the journal after she recieved, about the things that have happened.  

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ouinason said:

his does not math for me. Valentine and Alexis being Mikos' children they would have shared 50% DNA (having different mothers), about 25% with Nik and the Coven.  If Valentine were Victor's son, taking for granted that Victor is Mikos' full sibling (which, who freaking knows these days) Val will share about the 25% with Alexis which would ping as "Mikos' you are NOT tha father!!!". I mean usually when they do DNA tests for paternity it's a flat "yes or no" question, I doubt "yes, no, uncle?" was available as an option, or sought as one, cause who would have expected Helena to bang her husband's brother.  

You just made my head explode!

Sorry to say I don't miss Alexis at all.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

My cable guide caught up with this episode as far as the preview goes, so I wonder if the rerun on Wednesday was to get things back on track in some way. There wasn't a cliffhanger, exactly, but it did feel like a Friday ep to me.

BJ's birthday was mentioned on Thursday's (7 October) show, and BJ as born on October 6, so I guess we are a day behind thanks to Wednesday's preemption, and we will see today's show on Monday. 

According to today's end credits, Sydney Mikayla is not on contract anymore. Did she announce this? Maybe I missed it. So both she and William Lipton are off contract now.

• Useful 2

The only one I want off contract status is Eden, not because she's a bad actress  but because I've had  enough  of Carly Jr. Sydney and William are both good actors, better than some of the adults.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

At a much younger age.  But, he was also running around, using the Cassadine credit card, so there was no heavy lifting going on.  Now he has to figure out how to live without resources. 

Yes, what Spencer is good at is flashing his credit card.  That he hasn't a clue how to save money was shown that he's spending his last few dollars buying breakfast at the Metro Court, as he told Esme, instead of going somewhere cheaper.

But all of the teens with the exception of Cameron are kind of spoiled. Joss especially with her going out to Charlie's for avocado toast and living on campus even though her home is only five miles away, and Trina getting takeout because she doesn't like campus food.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ironically, the only teens having sex are Spencer and Esme.

And if we didn't see an obvious naked Esme under the sheets today, I still would not have believed it.

I thought Eden was really good today in her scene with Nina. It shut up Nina who has been going around apologizing meekly about what she did when if given a choice to do it all over again, she would.

Also the actress playing Esme is really, really good. The way she broke down in front of Cam talking about Joss and Cam being Spence's real friends? It show how good an actress the character of Esme is as she is manipulating Cam, but also in how good the actress is.

I looked it up and the actress name is Avery Pohl. Her character's name is Esme Prince. Sound so made up. I am certain it is an alias.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Someone needs to show him how to though. Spencer has been so indulged all his life despite the lack of parenting that he hasn't a clue what to do to stand on his own two feet. Sonny was all about brushing aside Spencer rigging Laura's election but now he has no time for the son of his dead only sister because it affected Avery. Someone (Britt? Ava? Cameron? Kevin?) needs to help Spencer come up with a plan on how to stand on his two feet and maybe find a room at Kelly's i the time-honoured GH tradition.

This sounds like affluenza to me and I still get angry when I think of how that kid's crimes were brushed aside because no one had ever said no to him and he didn't understand consequences. No, Spencer didn't kill multiple people drinking and driving, but I agree with @dubbel zout that he needs to take the initiative to ask one of the multiple people in his life. I'd start with Kevin. 

4 hours ago, drtslim said:

I really enjoyed today's episode.  I liked the scene between the Westbourne cousins.  Britt as she is now is actually someone that I can legitimately imagine not being really upset with Nina for what she did.  I also enjoyed Britt in her scenes with Spencer.  She seems to have actually learned from her mistakes and is trying to do better.

I thought it showed growth and compassion that both Ava and Britt, who know a thing or two about being the town pariah, are now trying to share their wisdom and experience in relation to Spencer and Nina, the new town pariahs. And while both Ava and Britt were directly hurt by Spencer and Nina's actions, they're acknowledging it but choosing to impart knowledge and maturity instead. Great choice and I thoroughly appreciated it.

Now on Monday, Britt can feel free to go off on Carly all she wants. In fact, I encourage it.

2 hours ago, IDFfm0870 said:

According to today's end credits, Sydney Mikayla is not on contract anymore. Did she announce this? Maybe I missed it. So both she and William Lipton are off contract now.

Apparently Twitter was in a huge uproar over this. There are a lot of Sprina fans over there, and they aren't all young people. I think she took herself off contract while she's in school for now. It's a lot to handle both college and a full-time job, especially your first year.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

I liked the show having Nina and Britt connect (it's been a minute since they've had scenes together) and acknowledge the ripple effect Nina's Sonny lie had on both Britt's budding relationship with Jason and Liesl's current predicament.

I also continue to like how the show has built Spencer and Britt's relationship, that Spencer views Britt as someone who he can seek help from, and that Britt was able to express her disappointment in Spencer without being judgey.  I do wish she hadn't just sat there quiet when Carly was hypocritically berating him (because Joss and Michael really stand on their own two feet, huh Carls?).

Relatedly, Britt, just because Carly comped breakfast doesn't mean you have to stand there and listen to her self-serving air cleaning.  Tell her you like the air dirty, thank you very much, and keep it moving.  Also, change out of that turtleneck, not cute.

• Love 9

I'm worried about Cam.He's giving me a lot of henpecked Barrney Rubble vibes and whenever he tries to express a thought divergent from Cujo Jr she shoves him back in line.

The writers need to dial down on Joss's bitch tendencies. They are overwhelming her. And Cam telling Esme Joss is kind doesn't make it so.

Trina should start calling Esme  'Esmeralda'. That would slow her down a bit.

I'm liking Britt more and more. Her reactions to people and situations are kind of admirable. I'm also a big Ava fan.

Show would be so much more watchable if they bundled the Corinthii in a shipping container bound for places unknown. I always thought that when Sonny came home it would be more unpleasant than Nixon Falls simply because there would be opportunities for him to interact with more people. Now his presence infects too many storylines..Just what we don't need.

Lately I've been revisiting Brenda stories (no Sonny stuff) and I have really enjoyed her friendship with Robin, and her relationships with Jax and Jason. If she had shown up with Robin to do an intervention  for Jason about Carly, I could've enjoyed it. Oh, well.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Robert Scorpio is freed from time out.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But all of the teens with the exception of Cameron are kind of spoiled. Joss especially with her going out to Charlie's for avocado toast and living on campus even though her home is only five miles away, and Trina getting takeout because she doesn't like campus food.

I'll give you Joss, but how is Trina spoiled?  When I was in college, several of the local restaurants served college students at discounted prices and some were even covered by our meal plans.  Plus she's still working at the art gallery as well.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Apparently Twitter was in a huge uproar over this. There are a lot of Sprina fans over there, and they aren't all young people. I think she took herself off contract while she's in school for now. It's a lot to handle both college and a full-time job, especially your first year.

That's what I thought, both actors probably need more time for school or college, or maybe other projects. William Lipton has been off contract for quite a while now, and he is still on quite often. And even if the actors will leave at some point for these reasons, both of them have already done a great job for some years.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, IDFfm0870 said:

That's what I thought, both actors probably need more time for school or college, or maybe other projects. William Lipton has been off contract for quite a while now, and he is still on quite often. And even if the actors will leave at some point for these reasons, both of them have already done a great job for some years.

Going to college full time and having to tape regularly would be tough, which they would need to do if on contract since they have episode guarantees the show has to meet. Even worse if they are working on other projects as well. I don’t know if either have anything currently in the works but WL is working on a music career and Sydney has posted about voiceover roles and commercials since joining GH so I’d assume she doesn’t want to be limited to just this show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I guess it speaks well for the actress that I couldn't tell whether Esme was just trying to manipulate Cameron or was genuinely upset that she took a wrong step with Spencer and his "real friends." I hope they keep this character grey and not make her a total villain who Joss will get to vanquish (of course). 

I would like to see Portia run into Spencer, and the ensuing ass whooping. 

Carly glaring at Phyllis with jealousy when Phyllis wasn't looking at her, then being all sweet as pie to her face was classic Carly. She has not changed one bit since we first met her! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

What was the look Carly gave when Phyllis held sonny's hand? Why would sonny want the plaid shirts?

What is about sonny's coffee? Is it the one that an animal poops out?

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, drtslim said:

Also, did my eyes deceive me or was there a little sparkette of chemistry between Portia and Nikolas in their brief scene at the Metro Court?

I agree there was some sparkle, though I don't want Portia with Nik. She's too principled for him. Not that Curtis is some beacon of morality, but he wouldn't fake-stab someone just to make a point.

14 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

At a much younger age.  But, he was also running around, using the Cassadine credit card, so there was no heavy lifting going on. 

But he still had the wherewithal to run around. Nik and/or Laura should have cut Spencer off then, but they were hopeless as authority figures. Still are, and this is the result.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

After yesterday's episode, it seems very clear to me that Esme has no money to be able to pay for a room at the MC, and Spencer's comment about how once he uses the cash on him, he'll have no money to support them and will make them destitute was interesting. Not once did she say that she would use her money to support them until Spencer is able to get back in his father's good graces. 

Also, the dress they put the actress in was horrendous and did not fit well at all. There were huge gaps in the chest area whenever she moved her arms.

But I like how Spencer was going to try and mooch off Britt instead of manning up and finding a job. The thought doesn't even seem to have crossed his mind.

I don't care about Josslyn and I'd be fine if they killed off the character forever, but I thought her scenes with Nina were the best ones she's had in like maybe ever. 

Why is Britt still living at the MC and eating at that restaurant? Isn't Kim's condo empty? Give the woman her own place. And I really don't care about Carly wanting to "clear" the air. On top of being possessive AF, Carly sucks hard and she'll become territorial again with Jason the second she thinks that he and Britt might get back together, especially now that she has rediscovered her feelings for him.

I didn't mind Phyllis showing up at Sonny's. The actress is great, but the character sort of sucks, but not as much as a lot of other characters. I'm sure she'll be one more Sonny apologist, which is to be expected because everyone must love Sonny. I thought she made Sonny more bearable. He was less insufferable since he returned to PC.  I thought that Sonny lived above the Tan-O, so I was a bit surprised to see her show up with a box of Mike's things. 

I think Phyllis is going to end up moving to PC. She's got no family in NF. The writers didn't bother giving her other friends. 

I remember the speculation about making Phyllis Portia's mother and how Portia's parents were doctors. But one thing that would solve that is adoption. Phyllis having a child before she met Lenny and giving her up for adoption and that's that. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ljr said:

What was the look Carly gave when Phyllis held sonny's hand?

She's jealous of the life he had that wasn't centered around worshipping her.

Was Joss carrying around that journal since Nina got back in town just waiting for her chance to act out that performance art of ripping the pages out? 

Cam should get Spencer a job at Kelly's.  The thought alone makes me laugh, but that kid needs the reality check.

Can't wait to hear what Carly has to say to Britt (meaning I can totally wait).  I hope whatever she's selling Britt doesn't buy it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

My DVR didn't record Friday's episode because it thought it was a repeat and I didn't think to check in time, so I'm watching it now on ABC's website

I like Phyllis so I hope she sticks around

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Britt still living at the MC and eating at that restaurant?

"No kids, no pets, room service." And the show is too lazy to give her a set of her own.

55 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I remember the speculation about making Phyllis Portia's mother

Ugh, NO. It's bad enough we're likely to get a retcon of Trina's paternity. There's no reason Phyllis has to be related to anyone in Port Charles. She knows Sonny, that should be connection enough. I'm so tired of the show forcing unnecessary and stupid familial ties. Just like I don't want Esme to be related to Ryan, as has been speculated. Can't she just be a garden-variety psycho? Revenge for past mistakes by other people is so boring.

My eternal rage-blackout issue.

• Love 8
On 10/8/2021 at 12:49 PM, ffwbe said:

GH is the only soap I currently watch but I think they have gotten overly chaste. The occasional slow burn romance is fine but that’s all they seem to do. I feel like everyone is sort of slowly possibly dating but they have way too many discussions about what kisses mean for 40+ year olds. The only exception is Millow who still managed to be boring and lukewarm despite all of the love scenes and having an affair. 

Yeah I was thinking about this too.  Where are the sleazy one night stands and the outrageous cheating stories?   Like sleeping with your bff's wife or whatever.  I don't get it.  And i never in my life saw such virginal older teens.  I mean, they're in college now, hello.   But it's all around.  It's very chaste.  Very weird. 

On 10/7/2021 at 6:26 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Not to mention those artificial lips.  Yikes is right.

OH gosh, I think Kemo is a forever beauty.   I don't think she's had bad work either.  She looks fantastic, we should all be so blessed. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I actually said out loud "you cheap, fucking bastard." 

For someone whose had her man du jour (or Jason, always) bail her out of every mess she's gotten herself into since before Spencer was born, she really is an insane hypocrite.

Such a drama queen.  The bitchy apple didn't fall far from the bitch apple tree there.

I think Mo blew the line, he hesitated and then said "pound'.  It made no sense.  Maybe it was supposed to be suitcase full or something like that.   I think he blows a lotta lines actually. 

• Love 7

Ugh, NO. It's bad enough we're likely to get a retcon of Trina's paternity. There's no reason Phyllis has to be related to anyone in Port Charles. She knows Sonny, that should be connection enough. I'm so tired of the show forcing unnecessary and stupid familial ties. Just like I don't want Esme to be related to Ryan, as has been speculated. Can't she just be a garden-variety psycho? Revenge for past mistakes by other people is so boring.

Sure. Some family connections are unnecessary. I don't care for Austin being a Q. I'm still not sure what sort of storyline that serves except to tie RH to the Qs. I'm still not sure why they even killed off Franco. 

I hope that Esme is not Ryan's. I want her to just be a bunny boiler for the sake of being a bunny boiler. Even Nelle who was cray-cray was given the whole Carly and Frank Benson backstory, which was meh at best. I'm not even going to touch on her being Nina's long lost daughter.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Cam should get Spencer a job at Kelly's.  The thought alone makes me laugh, but that kid needs the reality check.

No, because we all know that Cam would end up doing all of Spencer's work. But Spence has some other relatives in town. He could work for uncle Sonny at the coffee company. That could be entertaining since Sonny's mad at him and could give him a manual labor job rather than being a barista,  or maybe Laura could convince the Eckerts to give him a job at the bakery, since it recently got a shoutout as being the best in town. Spencer exhausted and covered with flour would entertain me the most. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

17 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

This sounds like affluenza to me and I still get angry when I think of how that kid's crimes were brushed aside because no one had ever said no to him and he didn't understand consequences.

I think of affluenza as one's crimes excused. I don't think that Spencer's crimes should be excused at all but

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

But I like how Spencer was going to try and mooch off Britt instead of manning up and finding a job. The thought doesn't even seem to have crossed his mind.

Spencer doesn't have a clue  what to do other than go  to the adults in his life for help.  Cameron's family are often in financial problems but what it did give him is the sense that you have to rely  on yourself and work for what you want. I am very grateful to my parents  for teaching me what is a necessity and what is a luxury, and how to value things. (I remember a psychologist at a former job. He brown bagged his lunch every day and then spent a month in France every summer on the money he saved.)

Financial literacy is a thing and Spencer seems to have none of it. I said earlier that he needs to work at Kelly's or as an orderly at the hospital (just please not in Sonny's warehouse) but he needs someone to say "Look Spencer, your dad threw you out. This is what you need to do next to survive, and here's how to do it."

13 hours ago, drtslim said:

I'll give you Joss, but how is Trina spoiled?  When I was in college, several of the local restaurants served college students at discounted prices and some were even covered by our meal plans.  Plus she's still working at the art gallery as well.

I think she's privileged to live in residence since she lives so close to campus. (She's also privileged to go to university but that's a given.) I worked one summer in the office of the Dean of Residence and there were very tough decisions as to who got to live in the dorms and who had to scramble to find a place to live elsewhere (we based it on postal code and whether they could commute in to campus). I didn't know about restaurant meals being covered by the college meal plan, I assumed that she didn't like what she was given in the college and had the money to choose to eat out.

They said that Trina was on an internship at Ava's gallery so I don't know if she's getting paid. Hopefully she is.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They said that Trina was on an internship at Ava's gallery so I don't know if she's getting paid. Hopefully she is.

Wasn't there a mention a few weeks ago about how the internship turned into a paying job?  I swear I remember a convo between her and Ava.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree there was some sparkle, though I don't want Portia with Nik. She's too principled for him. Not that Curtis is some beacon of morality, but he wouldn't fake-stab someone just to make a point.

I think that Nik has done some low down dirty stuff, but I wouldn't even put fake-stabbing Spencer in the top three. Despite the stuff he's done, I don't think Portia's that much better than him considering the whopper of a lie she might be holding on to. Regardless, I don't want to see Portia/Nik because I think Ava and Nik have great chemistry together.

In fact, I had a lot of trouble enjoying Portia's righteous anger on Friday's ep because of it. Normally, I would applauded her mama bear instincts, but not this time. I don't think the show really knew they were going there before, so the actress didn't know/wasn't directed to show certain emotions in her scenes, but now that they might/are probably going there with Curtis being Trina's father, to have the actress not show a hint of guilt when she tells Trina stuff about how destructive lies are, makes Portia look pretty cold-blooded.

I laughed at Carly's woobie faces about the connection between Phyllis and Sonny. It's not like they were even romantic, but as usual with Carly, it's do as I say, not as I do. Just last week, she was telling Jason how she wanted what they shared, when Sonny was gone, to just be theirs and not something she has to share with Sonny, but now she's all torn up because Sonny has connections she's not a part of.

On Thursday's show, I wasn't surprised to see Drew revealed as the would-be assassin. I figured it might be him because of Peter's programming. I was thrown off a little because I thought the stunt double looked nothing like him. I do still wonder if he's faking. It's kind of risky to exchange gun fire, but unlike him Anna and Robert didn't get injured, and you'd think a SEAL would be a better shot, unless he meant to miss.

I think Sam and Dante's chemistry is fine and I'm enjoying them more and more, but I couldn't get over their scenes - not because it was too immature (it's not that bad and at least Sam acknowledged they were acting a little childish) - but there was a huge elephant in the room with them not talking about Jason. You had Dante going on and on about Lulu and moving on from this great love of his life, but not a word about Jason. You'd think Dante would be concerned about that and wondering if Sam had truly moved on, especially since she didn't dump Jason because she stopped loving him but because she didn't want to risk her kids' lives anymore.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Wasn't there a mention a few weeks ago about how the internship turned into a paying job?  I swear I remember a convo between her and Ava.

Yes, the internship did end up becoming a paying job.

Someone mentioned earlier that Bobbie could give her grandson Spencer a room and a menial job at Kelly’s, but since when is she his grandmother? She’s neither SWWNBN’s mother nor Nik’s. (And forgive me for screwing up the acronym for his mother, but I — thankfully — haven’t used or seen it in quite a while!)

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Financial literacy is a thing and Spencer seems to have none of it. I said earlier that he needs to work at Kelly's or as an orderly at the hospital (just please not in Sonny's warehouse) but he needs someone to say "Look Spencer, your dad threw you out. This is what you need to do next to survive, and here's how to do it."

He already had a conversation with Cam about working at Kelly's. He made fun of Cameron for working there and was pretty obnoxious about it. And I think Cam might have said something about not all of them are born into money. If Spencer can't figure out that he has to work to have money of his own, then he has much bigger problems.

• Love 3

It was interesting to see Spencer & Esme just getting out of bed like they had just done the deed whereas Cam & Joss just had their first kiss recently and don’t talk about sex. Of course, the actors playing Spence & Esme are several years older then the trio of Joss, Cam & Trina in real life but on the show they are supposed to be the same age. Not that kids the same age have sex at the same time but Joss, Cam & Trina seem so unrealistic as teenagers in every way to me. I think Eden McCoy just turned 18 and has been playing Joss since 2015 but never seemed to age (maturity wise) on the show. She still comes off like a 15 or 16 year old. The writers have always kept her young even in daytime. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, ljr said:

Why are people on the board so.intersted in the sex lives of fictional teenagers? Its creepy

...it's a soap opera? Some soaps have revolved around the sex lives of fictional teenagers (Beverly Hills 90210). The CW, when it was the WB, was an entire network practically devoted to shows about the sex lives of fictional teenagers.

These kids are characters in a soap opera. It's not creepy to wonder about their motivations, or lack thereof, and that includes sexual motivations.

• Love 18
On 10/8/2021 at 6:43 PM, drtslim said:

I also enjoyed Britt in her scenes with Spencer.  She seems to have actually learned from her mistakes and is trying to do better.

Besides Franco, Britt is one of the few "bad" characters these writers have actually been successful in redeeming. she's gone from a character I had very little use for to someone really worth pulling for. If Chase doesn't wind-up with BLQ (which seems very likely now), I'd like to see him with Britt, she deserves a decent guy who would make her happy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

Someone mentioned earlier that Bobbie could give her grandson Spencer a room and a menial job at Kelly’s, but since when is she his grandmother? She’s neither SWWNBN’s mother nor Nik’s. (And forgive me for screwing up the acronym for his mother, but I — thankfully — haven’t used or seen it in quite a while!)

That was me. My bad. 

46 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Besides Franco, Britt is one of the few "bad" characters these writers have actually been successful in redeeming.

I disagree that Franco was successfully redeemed—he was too whiny about people bringing up his SERIAL KILLER past—but the writers have done a good job with Britt. It helps a lot that she acknowledges her past terrible behavior and doesn't try to make (many) excuses for it.

• Love 6