Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ljr said:

Why are people on the board so.intersted in the sex lives of fictional teenagers? Its creepy

Wondering about storylines is "creepy?"  They're characters on a show and it's not in the least bit realistic that they haven't so much as said the "S" word seeing as they're dating.  Hell, years ago Joss and Oscar discussed it when they were much younger.

• Love 14

Bobbie may not be Spencer's grandmother, but she was Nikolas' aunt and de facto stepmother for a time when he was around Spencer's age. She was very fond and maternal towards him. It wouldn't be a stretch for her to give Spencer a job at Kelly's, both to teach him a lesson about real life and to help him out.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Bobbie may not be Spencer's grandmother, but she was Nikolas' aunt and de facto stepmother for a time when he was around Spencer's age. She was very fond and maternal towards him. It wouldn't be a stretch for her to give Spencer a job at Kelly's, both to teach him a lesson about real life and to help him out.

Eh, Bobbie's so Team Carly (and I know that she's her mother) she'd probably take Spencer to task for tangentially hurting Carly before she'd give him a job.

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Wondering about storylines is "creepy?"  They're characters on a show and it's not in the least bit realistic that they haven't so much as said the "S" word seeing as they're dating.  Hell, years ago Joss and Oscar discussed it when they were much younger.

I don't think it's creepy to wonder about it, but I do find it odd to say that the teens aren't realistic at all simply because they're not obsessed with sex. Maybe I was abnormal, but I wasn't obsessed with sex at their age either. And I don't think it's monumentally weird that it hasn't come up for Cam and Joss. They only recently started dating and they've been pretty wrapped up in this Spencer's return storyline since then. It wouldn't bother me, but I'm not surprised they haven't randomly talked about having sex when this stuff has been going on. 

Maybe it's a little weird that the teens have pretty much never talked about sex. I can agree with that. But they all have been through a lot in the past few years. Oscar died, Franco died, Dev died, Taggert "died" Sonny "died". Some of them have been kidnapped and held hostage. Lol they've had a lot going on outside of relationships. 

• Love 6

I don’t think it’s weird the trio of teens haven’t had sex (tho who knows maybe Cam and Joss have) but it’s odd that the show has avoided it as a storyline altogether. They’re weird about these teens generally, though. In the 90s we had Robin and Stone and later Lucky and Liz (who didn’t have sex but definitely talked about it) and all those characters were younger than the teens are now and were also dealing with crazy adult soapy situations. I feel more than anything that with the current teens, they’ve skipped over essential character development and growth with them, in many areas. I actually like the teens, this is symptomatic of a larger issue with the writing on the show. 

Edited by racked
  • Love 10

I'm pretty sure that Trina isn't a virgin.  Wasn't there something a couple years ago where Carly found condoms in Joss's book bag that turned out to be Trina's that she was using with her drug-dealing boyfriend or something?  

1 hour ago, drtslim said:

I'm pretty sure that Trina isn't a virgin.  Wasn't there something a couple years ago where Carly found condoms in Joss's book bag that turned out to be Trina's that she was using with her drug-dealing boyfriend or something?  

WHAT?! I clearly missed that storyline.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ljr said:

Why are people on the board so.intersted in the sex lives of fictional teenagers? Its creepy

Because it’s a tv show. In this case, a soap opera. I wouldn’t say interested as more of an observation. It didn’t even occur to me that it was creepy. Sorry, ‘bout that. 

That said, I’ve been watching GH since Scotty was in law student and Laura was a teenager. Granted, they married Scotty & Laura really early (1979) but it was the 80’s and I think people got married young. In fact, Genie Francis was only 17 but Laura might have been 18 on the show. Kin Shriner was older (26) but might have been playing younger. I think they had relations but I can’t recall if that was before or after marriage. I guess times change and I also think the show doesn’t want these young actors playing Joss, Cam & Trina doing the sex stuff anyway which I understand. Also, I think the actors playing Spencer & Esme are 21 which is a big difference.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Because it’s a tv show. In this case, a soap opera. I wouldn’t say interested as more of an observation. It didn’t even occur to me that it was creepy. Sorry, ‘bout that. 

@BYANOSE - Nice that you offered an apology, but I personally don't think anyone has to be contrite about having an opinion, as long as they're polite and don't offend fellow posters. Otherwise, we're all going to be walking on eggshells and there will be absolutely no fun to be had here....

In other news, I agree with the poster who thinks Phyllis may be moving to PC. Maybe once she sees who "Mike" actually is, Phyllis may serve as his missing conscious and be the one who actually makes Sonny accountable for being so odious.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, drtslim said:

I think when Trina became a more prominent character and Sydney started playing her, that was revised as her saying she basically was acting like a 'bad girl' but it was all a show. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

WHAT?! I clearly missed that storyline.

Somewhere in the early morning hours I realized you might be joking. If so, good one. If not, I think that was probably a different version of the character, not this actress.

32 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Somewhere in the early morning hours I realized you might be joking. If so, good one. If not, I think that was probably a different version of the character, not this actress.

Not a joke, but like I mentioned above, when they had the character be a more prominent one, they glossed it over.  Per GH Wiki:

After Oscar was diagnosed with cancer, Cameron wanted to help his friend's pain with pot cookies. Cameron heard that Trina's boyfriend knew a weed dealer and he asked Trina for the dealer's number. Cameron met with the dealer, a fellow student named Cole Johnson, and both of them were immediately arrested. Cameron is put on probation and had to complete community service.

Trina and Cameron supported Josslyn throughout Oscar's battle with cancer. They all went on a road trip to Niagara Falls as part of Oscar's bucket list. Trina flirted with Cameron during the trip but she could tell he liked Josslyn. Trina also admitted that her 'bad girl' reputation wasn't as true as she made it out to be.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, drtslim said:

I remember that. But that was pre-current Trina. I wouldn't be surprised if they've erased everything the original Trina, who was on screen for two minutes, did and said.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Have they ever circled back to Joss being all coy about whether she'd seen a naked man before after Brando's striptease? I feel like that should have been a jumping off point for Joss and Cam to discuss their relationship, but instead it was just a punchline that didn't land and was immediately forgotten.

Soap Operas used to have multi-generational viewing audiences, and the teen set has generally experienced adversity that would inspire difficult conversations between parents and their children, and I think that's lacking in this crew. Even though I think it's hilarious that they keep on plotting over the top pranks on one another that leads to a terrible misunderstanding with a climax of someone almost being murdered at Wyndemere every few weeks. 

• Love 1

Does anyone else HATE the pacing on this show? Some stories (ie., anything dealing w/CarSaSon) are shown every single or almost every single day while others disappear for 3-4 weeks before popping up again. I find it hard to maintain interest when a story is rarely shown, which brings me to this Hayden mess.

I really like Sean Blackmore. I find him ridiculously attractive, and he's a good actor, IMO. I just hate that he's stuck in this Hayden plot. One, it's shown so infrequently that I found today's show grinding to a halt each time Jax/Sean were shown, and two, I just don't care who shot Hayden. Given that stairwell FB btw Nik and Liz a few months back, I assume Nikolas is no longer behind the shooting. Okay, but I can't forget that everyone thought he was at one time, including Hayden, so all this hoopla about who shot her or where she is just falls flat for me. Who cares? Why don't they give CarSaSon a break and devote some time to wrapping up this storyline b/c I'm sick of hearing about it? LOL! For those of you who are enjoying this story, please ignore me :) 

I love Nikolas, but agreed w/Ava last week and Alexis this week. Ava told Nikolas to not use her as an excuse for him to abandon his son. She was right. I loved that line. I also agree w/Alexis that Nikolas needs to be guiding/teaching Spencer, not abandoning him like Laura did w/him. This show is so bad b/c when Nikolas initially suspected Spencer of the stalking, he had NO intentions of abandoning his son; he wanted to teach him a lesson and then talk to him about his actions and why there were wrong, but now he wants nothing to do w/Spencer. What changed? Was it the car fire? I just want to know why he's so eager to write off Spencer now when he didn't plan to do that a few weeks ago. It's inconsistent.

I hate Carly and usually don't watch her scenes, but I enjoyed the Britt/Carly conversation. I liked how Britt told Carly Jason wasn't worth it and how she wouldn't come in second w/him like all his other girlfriends/wives have. I was never on the JaBritt train and would love if Britt moved on with Drew/Austin/Jax/Sean/Chase, but I assume she will eventually get back w/Jason. Sucks for her b/c I don't see a world where Jason doesn't put CARSON above everything else in his life. 

I enjoyed the Spencer/Trina scenes. I like those two. 

I can't imagine Nikolas will be happy w/Ava having his son arrested, but maybe he will be okay w/it? Who knows at this point? This should be interesting. I just hope the storytelling is good. Nikolas better get a lawyer for his son! 

And unless Sonny is thanking Jax for finding him and giving him a plane to fly back home, he needs to get out of Jax's face. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Have they ever circled back to Joss being all coy about whether she'd seen a naked man before after Brando's striptease?

I'd be really surprised if she hadn't at least accidentally seen a male relative naked.

2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

And unless Sonny is thanking Jax for finding him and giving him a plane to fly back home, he needs to get out of Jax's face. 

Please. The day Sonny thanks Jax for anything will never come.

• LOL 4

I've gotta give credit where credit is due: aside from Brando kissing Sonny's ass. Joss with Cam and Esme, and Sonny wanting Carly to kiss his ass about fatherhood,  today's episode was excellent soap writing.

Britt shutting Carly down (especially after Carly's "I'm the price of admission" line as she was encouraging Britt to be with Jason) was AWESOME. KT owned it and I genuinely laughed when Carly looked offended at the mentions of her behavior regarding Sam and Elizabeth.

Trina  angrily shutting Spencer down as he was "complimenting her" and trying to talk his way into her good graces, was AWESOME.

Ava going into her former badass mode face-to-face with Spencer and having him arrested was AWESOME.

Alexis shutting down Nikolas's whining, telling him to put his big boy pants on and be a father was AWESOME. 

Is the Sasha actress back from maternity leave now, wearing a big belly?  The line about bedrest but doing better now makes me think so. 

• Love 16

Every time Spencer gets whiny about Ava choosing her face over testifying against Valentine (like he did again today), I keep asking the television why no one in Port Chuck reminds him about how he acted out when he had burns on his face.  But I did kinda like Ava calling the police on Spencer. He might have been good as an anonymous enemy, but if he thinks he can go against her head to head, he has another think coming, as she demonstrated today. She can play a long game. 

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I love Nikolas, but agreed w/Ava last week and Alexis this week. Ava told Nikolas to not use her as an excuse for him to abandon his son. She was right. I loved that line. I also agree w/Alexis that Nikolas needs to be guiding/teaching Spencer, not abandoning him like Laura did w/him. This show is so bad b/c when Nikolas initially suspected Spencer of the stalking, he had NO intentions of abandoning his son; he wanted to teach him a lesson and then talk to him about his actions and why there were wrong, but now he wants nothing to do w/Spencer. What changed? Was it the car fire? I just want to know why he's so eager to write off Spencer now when he didn't plan to do that a few weeks ago. It's inconsistent.

The divorce was final and Ava was getting ready to leave the continent. Nikolas had had enough. He isn't willing to sacrifice his marriage to Ava for his relationship with his son. Which is lousy parenting, but it makes for some decent soap.

15 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Britt shutting Carly down (especially after Carly's "I'm the price of admission" line as she was encouraging Britt to be with Jason) was AWESOME. KT owned it and I genuinely laughed when Carly looked offended at the mentions of her behavior regarding Sam and Elizabeth.

Every line in relation to Carly, Sonny, or Jason today was just OTT propping. It would be funny if it wasn't so disgusting. Carly's opinion of herself is so damn inflated, it's a wonder she doesn't trip every time she takes a step. And Joss, although right today, is following in her footsteps. But it was nice for Britt to basically throw everything back in Carly's face momentarily, even though it won't last. 

Ava was everything for me today. I loved every single delicious second of her. She owned the screen. 

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

The divorce was final and Ava was getting ready to leave the continent.

She never submitted the paperwork to the court, so it wasn't finalized.

29 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly's "I'm the price of admission" line as she was encouraging Britt to be with Jason

Yeah, but the shit show isn't worth what that ticket costs.

42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
45 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Please. The day Sonny thanks Jax for anything will never come.

I'm guessing he'll yell something about "I guess you think I should thank you" and then proceed to issue some weird/vague threat that really makes no sense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Today's episode was full of good highlights.

Let's get Spencer out of the way for a second here and his whole griping about Ava choosing her face. Hey, Spencer! Remember the Phantom of the Opera shit you pulled off when your face had that burn on it? Take a seat, Spencer, you drama queen!

This was a good episode for the female characters. Not Carly and Joss, because they both suck.

Britt shutting down Carly about Jason was great. Britt made some excellent points. Even as Carly was telling Britt that she should get back with Jason, she is essentially planning his life for him. And there are no words for the whole "I'm the price of admission" line. Bitch, park it and have a tall glass of STFU. I'm glad Britt had her number. And please, Carly, explain to the class how Jason being with Elizabeth or Sam is any different from Jason being with Britt.

Every time I thought Spencer had managed to soften Trina up, she surprised me. Good for her! And that's no way to treat your friends, Spence.

I thought Ava was going to try and bridge the distance between Nikolas and his son, so color me shocked when she had him arrested. I would probably have done the same thing, but after the talk Nikolas just had with Alexis, I'm not sure that he's going to be happy with that.

Alexis talking sense into Nikolas, those scenes were really good.

Shawn is annoying with his Hayden storyline. I could not give less than a fuck about it.

Go away, Sonny! And take Carly and Joss with you. Also, leave Jax alone.

• Love 21

I like Brando's haircut.

Shut up, Sonny. Brando can leave the business if he wants. It's not as if he was Sonny's righthand man. Anyway, it was Gladys putting the pressure on Brando to get into it in the first place.

LOL that Carly "gets it" with Britt.

Good for Trina for giving it to Spencer.

I don't care about the retcon with who shot Hayden. I didn't care in the first place. It was a dumb way to write off Rebecca Budig.

Wow, Nik is a dumbass. Just a total, complete idiot. His childhood was not ideal, but Stefan loved him and genuinely tried to give him a decent adolescence. Nik has done none of that for Spencer and then expresses astonishment when he's called out on it.

27 minutes ago, rur said:

[Ava] can play a long game. 

That should be second nature to a Cassadine, but Spencer does have half of SWSNBN's DNA. I hope Ava is able to teach that little turd a lesson, but I suspect Nik will suddenly decide to try to parent his kid and undercut her.

That Jax/Sonny scene was weird. If you didn't know it, you'd think this was the first time they'd seen each other since Sonny returned to PC.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

KT owned it and I genuinely laughed when Carly looked offended at the mentions of her behavior regarding Sam and Elizabeth.

But not Robin?😜

Yeah, yeah, aside from the Cottage from Hell nonsense with Baby SLS, Jason always chose Robin over CUJO.

34 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She never submitted the paperwork to the court, so it wasn't finalized.

Right. Well close enough. It was getting ready to be finalized. After Spencer lied to Nik's face and made him think he was a shit person (which he was) for pulling the stunt at the party, I think Nik is so shocked at finding out the truth and beyond pissed right now he isn't thinking. He's just acting on pure emotion.

Poor Elizabeth. Not even anywhere near this story and the writers threw her under the bus with that line about her carrying a torch for Jason. In what universe? And I'm a Britt fan and am neutral on Liz.

They have ruined this Hayden thing in every which way possible. People who don't care about Hayden think it's stupid, and the people like me that love Hayden and want her to return are pissed off. Way to alienate your audience, Frank. And none of it makes any sense whatsoever unless they're bringing the character back. And at this point, I have serious doubts that if they do it will be Rebecca Budig. They have gotten rid of her twice for stupid plots and I just don't see her wanting to come back that badly. Unless CM talks her into it. But I have a feeling they're low-balling her or something along those lines.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But not Robin?😜

Yeah, yeah, aside from the Cottage from Hell nonsense with Baby SLS, Jason always chose Robin over CUJO.

I think the Sam and Elizabeth mentions were because he has a son with each of them. i.e. the point is that even after he's had a kid with a woman Carly was determined she, not that woman, be his top priority. There's also the factor that there isn't a reason for people to be talking about Robin and Jason's relationship from 20 years ago, around Britt now esp. because Robin left Port Charles with her husband and child. 

The only thing I didn't like about that scene was Britt's opinion that Elizabeth is still carrying a torch for Jason. I believe the "torch" is residual hurt that he chose Mob life  with Sonny and constantly saving Carly from herself over trying to be normal and safe/domesticated with her, Cam and Jake. Who could blame her if that still stings. 

I don't believe for a second that "we want things to go back to the way they were."  No, Carly is accepting that her husband is back and her fantasy of being Jason's wife is gone - that he is not holding onto whatever so-called "feelings resurfaced" just before Sonny showed up.  

• Love 9

I zone out every time they talk about Hayden. The pacing is horrible.

Carly generously offering Jason to Britt as long as she herself remains in first priority is Carly once again showing possession of her men.  Nothing considerate or kind about it.

I'm glad that at least Sasha isn't yelling at Nina. It's got very old and I'm sure

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I've gotta give credit where credit is due: aside from Brando kissing Sonny's ass. Joss with Cam and Esme, and Sonny wanting Carly to kiss his ass about fatherhood,  today's episode was excellent soap writing.

Britt, Trina, Alexis and Ava -- a episode of bad ass women not taking it any more. I think they meant to include Joss talking with Esme in that but Joss is always demanding and arrogant.

I think it's interesting that Ava had Spencer arrested. I wonder how far she is going with this, or if she will drop the charges once he is scared enough.

Of course the episode ends on Sonny. Sonny about to yell at someone. Small dick syndrome.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think the Sam and Elizabeth mentions were because he has a son with each of them. i.e. the point is that even after he's had a kid with a woman Carly was determined she, not that woman, be his top priority. There's also the factor that there isn't a reason for people to be talking about Robin and Jason's relationship from 20 years ago, around Britt now esp. because Robin left Port Charles with her husband and child. 

True. But Jason's relationship with Elizabeth is almost as long ago. Well, except for right before Faison "killed" him and he went sniffing after Elizabeth, leading her to think he wanted to start up again, only to tell her he wasn't gonna.

But in my head canon, it's Robin who is the closest to the exception, because not only did he drop that Cujo as a fuck buddy for Robin, he left the mob for Robin; even if that didn't last very long. So yeah, Robin is the closest one where she didn't have to go through that SheBeast.

Hey I take my small silver linings where I can find them.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

Someone needs to point out to Spencer that, in addition to the Phantom of the Opera mask he wore when he himself was burned, if Ava had indeed testified against Valentin, then Valentin would have been imprisoned FOR A CRIME (it turns out) HE DIDN'T COMMIT. Valentin didn't kill his father. His father is alive and got the Cassadine fortune back, and Spencer needs to get over it. He's holding a grudge against someone who made a deal with Valentin that ended up with Valentin not being imprisoned for a murder that was never committed.

Britt to Carly was awesome.

I'm still wondering if I'm supposed to actually like Joss.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer doesn't care about someone being convicted of a crime he didn't commit, especially someone he hates as much as he hates Valentin.

Plus Nikolas' non-murder wasn't for lack of trying on Valentin's part.  He also thought that he'd murdered Nikolas as well.

I have to say that I enjoyed a few things about today's episode.  Looks like there was finally some movement on the stupid and pointless "Who Tried ti Kill Hayden," storyline.  Alexis and Nikolas's conversation was pretty good.  It was nice to see Ava back in HBIC mode.  Also, I enjoyed Britt calmly telling Carly that she wouldn't cede control of her life over to her (because we know that's what would've happened had she given in and taken back up with Jason).  And of course, I really enjoyed the scenes between Spencer and Trina.  I admired the resolve that Trina showed not to give in to Spencer when there were moments where she obviously wanted to.  I want them together, but he done messed and he's gonna have to work for it.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 10

Go Britt! I liked Britt not wanting to be 2nd best and putting it out there to Carly.  Jason should just be alone until Sonny dies again. 

Doesn't Esme have money? Why can't she pay for anything?

Edited by Artsda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 10/10/2021 at 3:04 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Eh, Bobbie's so Team Carly (and I know that she's her mother) she'd probably take Spencer to task for tangentially hurting Carly before she'd give him a job.

True, and it saddens me. Bobbie used to be so much more than Carly's water-carrier. I'm not saying she should be a major character anymore, but it would be nice to see her sort of take over her aunt Ruby's role - tough-talking older woman with a lot of life experience and a soft spot for young troublemakers. Bobbie knows what it's like to make bad choices. The Bobbie in my head might chew Spencer out for being an idiot, but she'd also be willing to help him.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Doesn't Esme have money? Why can't she pay for anything?

Seriously! If she was at the same fancy school, why didn't she pay for a room at the Metro court? I know the running theory is she's connected to Ryan, but how did she cross paths with Spencer?

Ava, Trina, and Britt were great today. I only wish that Britt had pointed out that as long as Jason puts Sonny and Carly before anyone else, he'll never be happy. So Carly is essentially dooming Jason to a lonely existence.

(I mean, Jason doesn't deserve happiness if he prioritizes killing for Sonny above anything else)

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

So Carly is essentially dooming Jason to a lonely existence.

(I mean, Jason doesn't deserve happiness if he prioritizes killing for Sonny above anything else)

Jason doomed himself. He could tell Carly to fuck off. It's always seemed to me that, for all of Carly's...Carly-ness, he has most of the power in that relationship. He gets something out of it. Michael, the chance to feel superior, to be needed and/or worshiped, whatever. As for Sonny, I do think his tendency to latch on to vulnerable young people is pretty gross, but I don't think that means Jason has zero responsibility for the choices he's made since his head met that rock.

I heartily agree that Jason doesn't deserve happiness.

• Love 9

2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I'm still wondering if I'm supposed to actually like Joss.

we're supposed to love Joss. 
they are epically failing.

I am in love with Brit: "No. I will not be second." 
Carly "well i'm the price of admission with Jason, isn't he worth it."
Britt: "No." lol. Carly's face is like 'wait, what?"

5 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I only wish that Britt had pointed out that as long as Jason puts Sonny and Carly before anyone else, he'll never be happy. So Carly is essentially dooming Jason to a lonely existence.

exactly. like honestly. Carly would have been so insulted if someone pulled this crap on her, but she is acting like she's god's gift to humanity to gift Britt Jason now that she can't have him.

• Love 9

Maybe she has and I ignored it but I don’t remember Carly being so direct about needing to be #1 with Jason before this. Sure her actions would say otherwise and the women Jason were involved with rightfully called her out on the toxicity but they aren’t pretending anymore. What makes it truly laughable is that Jason isn’t worth all that. He’s a terrible SO and father and honestly Carly is probably the most blind to his faults. And even if he was great, dealing with Carly’s possessiveness would never be worth it. It’s not just the women in his life, Carly couldn’t even take Jason putting his own kids ahead of her. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 7

I never thought I'd see the day when a Jason love interest said, out loud, that she didn't want to be with him specifically because of Carly.  That it was my girl who said it was just a delight.

But again, we have the show pointing out the toxicity of Carly and Jason's...whatever...but is anything actually going to change?  Why are we supposed to invest him in pursuing Britt or Liz or Sam or anyone again now that the truth has been so plainly stated on-screen?

• Love 16

If this was another show, I’d consider the Carly/Britt conversation an anvil but this show is so weirdly adverse to changing up the Sonny/Carly/Jason dynamics that I don’t see it happening. I’m also not sure I want it to because I don’t enjoy watching Jason or Carly period so I’d rather their scenes with characters I like be minimal. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I never thought I'd see the day when a Jason love interest said, out loud, that she didn't want to be with him specifically because of Carly.  That it was my girl who said it was just a delight.

But again, we have the show pointing out the toxicity of Carly and Jason's...whatever...but is anything actually going to change?  Why are we supposed to invest him in pursuing Britt or Liz or Sam or anyone again now that the truth has been so plainly stated on-screen?

Could that mean that they're actually going to go with Jarly?  🤢🤮

It is rather hard to believe that Carly is ready to gift Jason to any other woman right now, not after having her decades-long dream come true.  Maybe if the subtext that she was trying to gift him to Britt so she wouldn't be tempted, that she's trying to cork things up to keep the status quo with Sonny, was more text?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I loved Britt calling out Carly out on "gifting" Jason to her. I wish I believed that Britt would stick to her guns - because romantic feelings or not, Sonny and Carly will always come first - but I fear it may be a "the lady doth protest too much" situation. The only thing that gives me hope that it's not is we didn't get a shot of Britt looking conflicted after she delivered her last line. I think if she were doubting herself they would have lingered on her.

I don't think Nik should completely cut Spencer out of his life, but I hope he doesn't completely buckle. Most of Alexis said was right, but Spencer needs to finally face some consequences. I hope Nik at least continues to cut off access to his money.

LOVED Ava finally getting some fight back in her and having Spencer arrested, especially since the twerp wasn't apologetic and is still hanging on to Ava not testifying. Let it go. He expects people to forgive him over this, but can't muster up any forgiveness himself.

I had to laugh that even Carly might realize Jason isn't shit as a father. When Sonny balked at her calling him "one of" the best fathers she knew (Shut up, Sonny) she only mentioned Michael, but not Jason.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

[Jason] has most of the power in that relationship [with Carly]. He gets something out of it. Michael, the chance to feel superior, to be needed and/or worshiped, whatever.

He's said more than once that Michael is the reason he's stayed loyal to Carly. Though at this point, with Michael an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever), Jason could dial things back with Carly and not suffer any consequences from the rest of the family. You know Sonny wants his OTP back.

But yeah, Jason has consistently and consciously put Carly first. Any consequences from that are well deserved.

55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't think anything will change. But maybe Jason won't get any more love interests. He can be the noble loner. I'm not sure SBu cares anymore. He had some nice chem with KT, but that might be because they're a fresh pairing for him so he put in a bit of effort. He's a snooze with just about everyone else, probably because it's the same old stuff.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't think Nik should completely cut Spencer out of his life, but I hope he doesn't completely buckle. Most of Alexis said was right, but Spencer needs to finally face some consequences. I hope Nik at least continues to cut off access to his money.

this is what's bothering me.  Nik thinks he's the stalker. "We need to work together. and get him help." Nik knows he's the stalker. "GET OUT OF MY LIFE" like. dude. 

Honestly, Nik and Spencer needs to have a come to Jesus moment. I don't even think anymore that Spencer is that mad at Ava. It's easier to take it out on her than it is to take it out on Nik (who deserves all of that wrath) but even though Nik got a little splash of it, he has't gotten the full brunt of it. He needs to know, actually know what his actions did to his son - considering that Laura and Alexis still keep bring this up and Nik is like. "whu?"

Spencer also needs to you know... be parented. (I don't have a problem with Ava having him arrested - as of now he's showing zero remorse and tossing it off as "well no one got hurt."  - not the point, and if you can't hear you must feel as my mama always said. it will be interesting if Ava presses full charges, or if she's doing this to press upon Spencer that it truly and utterly did suck what he did and let him feel a little fear of god, and spend a night in holdup before having him released. 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

LOVED Ava finally getting some fight back in her and having Spencer arrested, especially since the twerp wasn't apologetic and is still hanging on to Ava not testifying. Let it go. He expects people to forgive him over this, but can't muster up any forgiveness himself.

Ava ruled today.  Spencer was still lashing out and getting rattled and I really wish the next time he brings up Ava choosing her face over testifying against Valentin someone reminds him how he phantom of the opera'd his way to Shriners Hospital for Children to take care of  a burn that looked less severe than sunburns I've had.

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But maybe Jason won't get any more love interests. He can be the noble loner. I'm not sure SBu cares anymore.

I don't think he does and, tbh, he's just not that compelling at them anymore.  He had nice chemistry with KT, but I can't say I'll miss it. 

• Love 5