Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

I think she just hates Austin

I think that she's more worried about regaining his memory and recalling that Baily is not Valentines.  The vibe in the all-too-rare scenes between Austin and Valentine is very smooth and enjoyable to watch. 

So much time of the show taken up by the thuggish Corinthos clan - that the brief glimpses we get of other story lines seem more enjoyable to the detriment of the Carson/Jason scenes.  These dreadful characters have actors who portrays their characters as 'victims' instead of the violent felons that they are.  They could remove Carly, Jason, and especially Sonny from this show and there would be plenty of talented cast and soap stories to be had. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

isn’t Chase the newest member of the “I Hate Austin” club?

I don't know about Chase, but I'm a founding member.  RoHo is just painful to watch.  I don't know why he's this huge soap star, but then I never understood the Geary love, either.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't know about Chase, but I'm a founding member.  RoHo is just painful to watch.  I don't know why he's this huge soap star, but then I never understood the Geary love, either.

I generally like RoHo, but Austin is a complete dud for me. He's a Q, yet doesn't have any ties to the canvas, so he just kind of wanders around town delivering his same "avenge my father" spiel. I wish they'd give him history with a current character so he could exist outside this lawsuit storyline, and develop a personality, but right now he isn't clicking with anyone.

• Love 9

what kind of dumbass question is that
"it was our wedding night." - Jason
"what would have happened if i hadn't walked in." - Sonny

they were getting ready to play scrabble, Sonny. obviously.

also. Joss earns all the shut ups today

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

this show is trying to make me feel sorry for Carly, Jason and Sonny. 
yeah. it's not happening. 

Why Sonny lost his memory:
Because he was going to kill Julian. (you know. Leo's father. so Leo will now grow up mourning his dad who is never coming back, because Sonny needed to play God again and kill someone again)

Why Sonny wasn't found sooner
Because Sonny decided he didn't want to take any action in finding out about his family. at all

Why Nina Didn't say anything
Because
1: Carly decided to bite her head off over something that someone else brought up (Note Nina didn't even know she could sue for custody of Wiley).

2: Carly decided she didn't have to tell Nina who was grieving for her unknown child that she knew who the child was and that said child was dead. She was quite happy sitting on that knowledge because "nina didn't have to know that." 

3: because at the end of the day Mike told her that he didn't want to know. (again. not excusing it) but quite frankly, yeah Nina could/should have said something to Carly et al (which she had planned to), but she grew to know Mike and asked Mike his wishes and he said no thanks, fam. I'm good on being ignorant. 

So shut the ever loving effs up.

also also. this show needs Lila Rae or AJ Q'S secret Daughter to freaking blow up joss's world about this crap about what it is actually like to mourn their father because of her precious Sonny/Jason's need to play God with people's lives. the end. 

• Love 18

I love Britt, but I sure wish she had suspended herself when she gave Peter access to Franco's medical records. She literally walked away while he read Franco's medical records and then published a story about them!! I do understand her position and what she did, but the hypocrisy is blowing my mind! 

Is EM actually in school? Is there a reason she is on all the time? Go have fun in school, girl! I could use a break from all things Josslyn! She (and her obnoxious mother) are on way too much! 

I like Austin, and I think it's a joke that Chase has an issue w/Austin. Austin did not manipulate Chase. Austin did not deceive Chase. Austin made it clear what he wanted, and Chase did what he wanted. It's funny b/c what Chase did is so not a big deal in my eyes! His lousy revenge was handing over a document?!?! Who cares?!?! It was nothing Chase had to apologize for or feel guilty about. If Edward did change his will, the Qs should know that and honor the man's wishes. It was his company to do w/as he pleased. If Austin's legal challenge fails, it fails. Brook Lynn is just consumed w/her scheme! She is OTT in her hatred of Austin! The man has literally done nothing deserving of all her hate. 

I missed most of the Sonny/Jason chat, but Sonny didn't seem too angry. He doesn't have much right to be angry w/either of them anyway considering he was supposedly dead. 

Steve Burton needs to teach Chad how to sparkle w/someone. I was never on the JaBritt train (I automatically FF/mute Jason), but I saw the sparks in the very last scene w/Jason in the doorway. He sure knows how to turn it on when he wants. He always has though, and he turns it on w/that actress. No wonder y'all were liking them.

That said, Britt thinking of ways to engage Jason made me sad. She lasted all of one day! I really have no interest in seeing her w/Jason, and we know that's where they are headed. Jason does not deserve romance in his life. Just stick to being CarSon's lackey! LOL! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 6

Yes, Carly, trying to get back custody of Avery is certainly Ava "working an angle." FFS.

Sonny's "Did I walk in on something" was textbook passive-aggressive question.  He knows damn well he walked in on something. Heh.

LOL that Scott laughed in Esmé's face and hung up on her.  

Joss, the reason Nina was at Kelly's was likely to get a BLT. Good grief, these people are terrible. Nina is allowed to eat. She is allowed to go anywhere she wants. If you don't like seeing her, maybe you're the one who should leave, Joss. Gah.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

If Edward did change his will, the Qs should know that and honor the man's wishes

that's the thing. Edward didn't change the will. And that's what BLQ (and the others) are doing. all the document indicated was that he was considering changing it. But it wasn't even dated the day before he died (so you can argue he died before he literally could call Dianne). It wasn't even like the week before he was ill. It was just there. and so my argument is like. if this is about honouring Edward's last wishes - his last wish is what was in his will. not what he has lying around on his desk. Considering Edward went out of his way to screw Tracey - he could have taken the three seconds to say "I want JL and his kids in my will" so for me, Austin has no legs to stand on. 

And while he was throwing shade at BLQ, he did the same thing. trying to get Chase to do his dirty work to get revenge on Q's. (so for me him being all "you're being so Quartermaine" doesn't hold water for me because he's done the same thing. (I don't mind Austin but i don't really care for him (and i don't know if it's because of him or how RoHo plays him) but i'm going to be team Q/BLQ on this. (but we can still be friends right lala? LOL)

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss, the reason Nina was at Kelly's was likely to get a BLT.

that made me roll my eyes and laugh hard. "i know kelly's is a diner, but i swear she was there for something." Yes, Joss. Nina was checking the joint just waiting to see you and then sit there with her sad puppy eyes saying "gee Joss please like me." get over yourself, little girl. (also i doubt very much Nina is gonna cry that you gave her back the journal. like. grow up)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Scott laughed in Esmé's face and hung up on her.  

Joss, the reason Nina was at Kelly's was likely to get a BLT. Good grief, these people are terrible. Nina is allowed to eat. She is allowed to go anywhere she wants. If you don't like seeing her, maybe you're the one who should leave, Joss. Gah.

I like Scott more and more lately, and this has firmly pushing me into love territory.

God, that annoyed me when Joss said that. Like how dare Nina want to go eat something. She obviously can't go to the MetroCourt.  The Savoy is going to get old quickly. Where else in this town can you eat? That's pretty much it.

Maura was incredible today, Ava was just so much fun and I loved her for it.

Gee Esme, pull that white privilege card again, why don't you. Chase is extremely attractive in cop mode.

I don't mind Maxie and Austin as friends. I like her and BLQ as reluctant friends too. BL was awful to do what she did. I applaud the soapiness of it, but that was really crappy.

"Howdy, stranger". God, that was so cringe. 

Jason couldn't get away fast enough from Sonny. I didn't expect Britt to immediately jump to telling Scott she was calling Jason since she said she was going to think about it but this was inevitable. I enjoyed her internal dialogue with herself. KT is so engaging in even the simplest scenes.

Preview: Yay, back to Greece!

• Love 5

I enjoyed Ava trying to manipulate Nina into having hope for her and Sonny.  The best way to get back at Carly is to have her lose Sonny.

The show seems desperate to keep using the Corinthos kitchen set. There is no logical reason why the teens would be studying at the Corinthos house when they live on campus. Except to have Joss and Carly diss Nina.

They also seem desperate to tease Nina/Sonny in the Sonny/Jason and Ava/Nina scenes and we all know that's never going to happen.

Carly "Ava is working some kind of angle."  Of course Carly is going to put the worst possible spin on it.  Maybe she just wants her kid to live with her? You know, the way Michael lived with you?  Carly's cortisol must be off the charts because she's always so mad at people for fun.

Meanwhile mini-SheBeast is making it all about Nina rather than Trina. Betrayed us!  Betrayed! Betrayed! Why would Nina go to Kelly's of all places to look for either Jax or Sonny?

Watching the Carly/Joss scenes, it occurs to me that that's a really unhealthy relationship. Because Carly doesn't really have a friend other than Olivia,

Why would Spencer getting arrested be on a news feed? It's not like Ava's stalker made breaking news. And why would it include that Ava was the one who had him arrested?

Oh the outrage of people getting the consequences of their actions when it comes to a Corinthos (including Spencer). But Nina and Ava should be the worst forever.

It's not Britt's job to investigate a HIPPA violation, that for the College. Also, if Austin is not the patient's doctor, as she typed, it's not a HIPPA violation.

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I didn’t really get that part. Nina doesn’t even own Crimson, she just manages it, so it be more of a problem for Jax than her and they can easily find a new office. It would just hurt Carly/Olivia if they can’t find another person to lease the office space. 

I got the impression that Carly wanted Jax to fire Nina as editor. Just making Crimson move out is a nothing burger.

19 minutes ago, lala2 said:

If Edward did change his will, the Qs should know that and honor the man's wishes.

He didn't change it, the question is whether he intended to.

Downton Abby reruns come on here after GH (on another channel) and yesterday one of the plot points was about a document that Matthew wrote and whether it could be looked at as a will. In that show, it was considered intent of a will and the court put it into effect.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't mind Maxie and Austin as friends. I like her and BLQ as reluctant friends too. BL was awful to do what she did. I applaud the soapiness of it, but that was really crappy.

The Same.
Tres Q (Edward would be happy). Tres Soap. Tres Crappy. (aka the perfect blend).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(I don't mind Austin but i don't really care for him (and i don't know if it's because of him or how RoHo plays him) but i'm going to be team Q/BLQ on this. (but we can still be friends right lala? LOL)

Yes, we can definitely still be friends :) 

My point when it comes to Austin is this: he wants to challenge the will in a court of law. That's fine. He will either win or lose. That's it. If Brook Lynn was sure about their case, she wouldn't be fighting him so hard. She'd just let it play out. She just seems angry and upset that the pie is going to be shared w/Austin, and I don't know why! She gave away her shares to get out of a contract! Does she really care about ELQ now? I don't believe she does so I'm having a hard time understanding her. 

For this soap opera, I'm sure that letter/memo will be sufficient to get Austin a seat at the table or some shares. These shows rarely do things realistically when it comes to the law or medicine. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Downton Abby reruns come on here after GH (on another channel) and yesterday one of the plot points was about a document that Matthew wrote and whether it could be looked at as a will. In that show, it was considered intent of a will and the court put it into effect.

I feel i should know this one. But i can't remember the details
also squee... Downtown Abbey buddies!

2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

She gave away her shares to get out of a contract! Does she really care about ELQ now? I don't believe she does so I'm having a hard time understanding her. 

I don't remember the whole contract thing (but wasn't she being abused or something?) and Ned wasn't able to help her so that's why. but i think a LOT of this is motivated out of guilt for hurting her family. [speaking from what i gathered so if i am wrong i own it] I don't think she realized that Valentine had had enough shares to actually take over the company so she figured she can save her butt and take care of herself as her dad told her to, and not worry about it. But i don't think she would have done it had the company would not longer be  Q-run  and it hurt her dad in the process. So all of the anger etc is probably stemming from that underlying guilt that they are in this situation in the first place because of her. Even though a lot of ppl sold their shares to Val)

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How much do you want to bet the writer's based all the legalities of this storyline on that Downton Abby episode?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Brook Lynn signed a very bad contract with a sketchy guy without having a lawyer look it over. She wanted to get out of it, explaining to Ned that he had abused her. We were never told if it's the truth or an excuse she made up. When Ned wouldn't help her, natural consequences for signing a contract without getting a lawyer to look it over, Brook Lynn sold her ELQ shares to Valentin to get the money to buy her manager out.

I'd really like to have Kevin, or another therapist, sit down with Brook Lynn and have her come to the realization that the reason she's so against Austin having any ELQ shares because she feels guilty for having sold out her father earlier. But not this show.

I'm getting really tired of "because his grandmother was a gold-digger" excuse though. Like Brook Lynn's friend Carly, isn't.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Does Austin know this? Does he have a reason to know this aside from putting two and two together and figuring out that Maxie's baby is Bailey? 

Maybe there is a birthmark that he will remember if he regains his memory from being assaulted.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oh the outrage of people getting the consequences of their actions when it comes to a Corinthos (including Spencer). But Nina and Ava should be the worst forever.

Seriously. And that the show expects us to feel the same way. Not me!

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(also i doubt very much Nina is gonna cry that you gave her back the journal. like. grow up)

Yes, I'm sure that keeps Nina up nights.

Did Amanda Setton and RoHo ever overlap at OLTL? Idle curiosity.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She's one step away from showing up at the Crimson office and screeching "what are YOU doing here?"

Also, last week the brat told Nina to get a DoorDash account so she, Josslyn, wouldn't have to see her at food establishments.  Go fuck yourself, Junior.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Nearer the end I would imagine. I don't remember if their actual characters did though 

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, last week the brat told Nina to get a DoorDash account so she, Josslyn, wouldn't have to see her at food establishments.  Go fuck yourself, Junior.

seriously? 

why doesn't she, Josslyn just eat at her mother's or i dunno, campus. 

• Love 4

LIne of the day:  Ava to Nina:  .....while you were finding your shangri-la in Who-ville.  That gave me a hearty chuckle.  Ava/Maura's been on fire the last few days.  Much prefer this woman to the one who cowered for months.  

Loved Ava continuing to be the bad influence over Nina and her feelings for SMike. 

Loved the confrontation between Austin and BLQ only to have it blow up in her face when he essentially said, bring it on.

I kept wondering who Britt could have turned to rather than Jason but Chase is the only police officer working now that Jordan is gone and Dante is running around Monte Carlo with half naked Sam.  It's frustrating.

Carly's reaction to the cowboy hat is all kinds of 'calm your hormones' girl.  

Loved, loved, loved Chase's lack of giving a crap when Esme tried to throw her weight around.  He was all, little girl I see you.  Also loved that Esme admitted she called Scotty to represent Spencer and he laughed, said nope, and hung up on her.  The only one left who could do it is Diane and I don't think Miss Thang's got the money to afford her.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

seriously? 

why doesn't she, Josslyn just eat at her mother's or i dunno, campus. 

She didn't use those words, but said she should "rely on a food delivery app rather than frequent places of people who missed Sonny."

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She's one step away from showing up at the Crimson office and screeching "what are YOU doing here?"

And then running over to Mommy and saying, "why haven't you tossed her out yet"

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

come to the realization that the reason she's so against Austin having any ELQ shares because she feels guilty for having sold out her father earlier.

I'm pretty sure she's already aware of that.  I thought she had that conversation with someone, maybe Chase, that she feels terrible for selling the shares and messing with Ned's leadership.  

53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why would Spencer getting arrested be on a news feed? It's not like Ava's stalker made breaking news. And why would it include that Ava was the one who had him arrested?

I can see the local news picking up that Prince Spencer Cassadine of the Windemere Cassadines has been arrested.  I mean, if the Nurse's Ball can have a whole program.....

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They would have very briefly, since she came back for an arc when the show was wrapping up, but I don't think they ever shared any scenes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Why Sonny wasn't found sooner
Because Sonny decided he didn't want to take any action in finding out about his family. at all

I find it interesting (and by interesting, I mean it makes me want to shove forks in my eyes and scream bloody murder), that the show insisted on having SMike claim he wanted to know absolutely nothing about his past, right up until the last day.  Telling Jax he was moving forward with Nina then telling Ghost Mike that he didn't want know his past.  And yet, since his return, that has not been brought up AT ALL.  Why insist on it right up to the last minute, then just to completely drop it?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Part of me found those Nina/Joss scenes funny because I didn’t recall some big Joss/Nina relationship that Nina cared about losing. Joss acted like it was this gigantic betrayal when all I remember was a couple of scenes of Nina being friendly with her then boyfriend’s daughter. It was nothing like Nina bonding with Charlotte when she was with Valentin. She isn’t thinking about Joss or even Jax for that matter since it’s always him reaching out to her since they split. Now Sonny on the other hand is a different story but Joss has no way of knowing that. 

Also, Carly telling Joss to mind her business and worry about her own life was something. When has she ever done that herself and it should be a big clue into her parenting that Joss clearly expected Carly to be proud of her confronting Nina or seeking revenge on her behalf and nothing. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I find it interesting (and by interesting, I mean it makes me want to shove forks in my eyes and scream bloody murder), that the show insisted on having SMike claim he wanted to know absolutely nothing about his past, right up until the last day.  Telling Jax he was moving forward with Nina then telling Ghost Mike that he didn't want know his past.  And yet, since his return, that has not been brought up AT ALL.  Why insist on it right up to the last minute, then just to completely drop it?   

I had to laugh about the first part, but yea. that's what is not making any sense. like it wasn't just a passaby "meh i don't care." SMike was so adamant that he didn't want anything to do with his past. At all.  and I mean like I said Nina is taking it like a champ because I figure if Joss wantsto play big girl games i would have flung it in her face that her beloved step father wanted nothing to do with her, or her shrew mother. period end of story, and close the book.

• Love 3

Carly thinks Ava is up tp something since she wants to revisit Avery’s custody arrangement??  Umm, maybe she just wants to see her daughter more.  Is Carly ever not a shrew??  She can’t even leave a voicemail without getting on my nerves.

I felt badly for Austin.  He never diagnosed Leo.  He was just giving his professional, non-binding opinion.

I can believe it took Sonny a few days to process walking in on Jason and Carly and what was about to happen.  Obviously, it’s Sonny so everything takes a while, but that night there was a lot going on and now that he’s settling in he’s probably like huh, what was going on there anyway??

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I kept wondering who Britt could have turned to rather than Jason but Chase is the only police officer working now that Jordan is gone and Dante is running around Monte Carlo with half naked Sam.  It's frustrating.

I read this as half baked Sam, and well...it could explain a few things.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn signed a very bad contract with a sketchy guy without having a lawyer look it over. She wanted to get out of it, explaining to Ned that he had abused her. We were never told if it's the truth or an excuse she made up. When Ned wouldn't help her, natural consequences for signing a contract without getting a lawyer to look it over, Brook Lynn sold her ELQ shares to Valentin to get the money to buy her manager out.

From what I remember of that SL, Ned did try to help her by having a lawyer (Diane?) look at the contract but there wasn’t a legal way out of it. I’m not sure what else she expected him to do. I also think the big penalty was that she wouldn’t be able to sing or record her music outside of the contract which was a bust anyway since her throat was slashed right after she signed away her shares.

There was also a side plot of her blackmailing Julian into threatening her producer to get out of the contract, which either didn’t work or she gave up on. She didn’t know Valentin bought the shares until well afterwards because she traded him to the producer to get out of the contract. She didn’t know where the shares were going but she also didn’t look too closely into why the producer wanted them. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Is Carly ever not a shrew??  She can’t even leave a voicemail without getting on my nerves.

Sadly she's raised her daughter in her own image. I feel badly about calling an 18 year old girl a bitch every time I see her, but it's unfortunately true.

53 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I can see the local news picking up that Prince Spencer Cassadine of the Windemere Cassadines has been arrested.  I mean, if the Nurse's Ball can have a whole program.....

Good point. Although I side-eye the information that Ava was the one to have him arrested. That should have been confidential.

48 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And yet, since his return, that has not been brought up AT ALL.  Why insist on it right up to the last minute, then just to completely drop it?   

Ba pacing and dropped justifications -- the hallmarks of this show.

5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

From what I remember of that SL, Ned did try to help her by having a lawyer (Diane?) look at the contract but there wasn’t a legal way out of it. I’m not sure what else she expected him to do. I also think the big penalty was that she wouldn’t be able to sing or record her music outside of the contract which was a bust anyway since her throat was slashed right after she signed away her shares.

... She didn’t know Valentin bought the shares until well afterwards because she traded him to the producer to get out of the contract. She didn’t know where the shares were going but she also didn’t look too closely into why the producer wanted them. 

I remember now. But I think that Brook Lynn wanted Ned to buy her out of her contract when breaking the contract didn't work, and he refused to.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Well now that Sonny has found out the Jason "started" to fall in love with Carly again, and he will soon find out that Carly has loved Jason all along, he can start to revisit all those feelings of Nixon Falls in the wonderful nuanced way of MB's acting LOL!  I actually think this could be an interesting story but MB is such a terrible actor, I really don't think he will be able to pull it off. It will involve a lot of lines to remember to keep the story straight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I wish they'd give him history with a current character so he could exist outside this lawsuit storyline, and develop a personality, but right now he isn't clicking with anyone.

It’s so interesting how different people view stories/characters in different ways. I like Austin and I feel like he’s clicking with everyone he encounters!  I like all his one liners and how he takes in all the insanity that makes up Port Charles. But of course I’ve said before I’m a pretty big Howarth fan from way back so that factors in as well. 

• Love 14

I was a devoted RoHo fan when he was in OLTL, but despised everything he did on GH. The fact that I hate the Franco character did not help.  Strangely, I like his Austin now that he stopped trying to have Chase do his dirty work. He was able to convince me he’s not Franco and I like his scenes with Britt, Maxie, and even Jason yesterday. I think RH plays Austin as if he is on the spectrum too, so it’s interesting to me to see Jason being the emotional one.

He also needs a friend outside of the mob and we all know his romance with Britt is doomed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I'm just an admitted, unashamed Roger stan (not really a stan), but I really enjoy him as an actor! He is the reason I started watching soaps b/c I was mesmerized by his portrayal of Todd Manning on OLTL.

I loved Todd. When Roger left, I followed him to ATWT, back to OLTL, and then to GH. I don't think any of his characters are the same. They are all different, and Todd will always be the darkest of them all, IMO. I liked them all. The only one I can say I may not have liked was his "Drew." The bad writing didn't help, but I tend to like every character he plays. I even liked the characters he played on Dawson's Creek, The Flash, and Prey.

There's just something about Roger I love. I loved Franco and wish he were still here, but I like Austin too! I just wish they would show him more often and keep up the momentum of the storyline. 

• Love 9

My favorite characters right now are Britt, Chase and Ava. I think Britt and Chase would make a cute couple. I also like BrookLynn and hope she can decide to be an honest person because she’d be someone we could root for in the future.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Blackie said:

Well now that Sonny has found out the Jason "started" to fall in love with Carly

The funniest thing about this is Jason was like "yeah, but it's fine, no biggie" when Sonny questioned him about just going back to the way things were.  I wish Carly could hear that--girl, he's really just not that into you.

Speaking of that shrew, she continues to be the worst.  Ava wanting to see her kid is not her "working an angle," you child hoarder.  Not that Ava is a shining example of motherhood, but at least Kiki didn't grow up to be a self-absorbed brat like Josslyn, who, wow, way to turn Trina's concerns about Spencer around to you telling off Nina and how dare she be in a public place like a, gee, eating establishment.  I'm surprised they didn't have her say she was "working an angle" so we could all think "oh, mother and daughter are so in sync--how cute!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

That's a @TeeVee329 question.

Aw, you know me too well.

As other have said, they were on-canvas at the same time - RoHo came back in May 2011, Setton in August 2011 - but, yeah, their storylines never overlapped. 

I'm kinda meh on Austin.  I'll take him every day of the week over Franco, but this intro story is moving too slow or something, he's just kinda there IMO.  And I think him vs. Brook would be more interesting if he was scheming back at her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm just an admitted, unashamed Roger stan (not really a stan), but I really enjoy him as an actor! He is the reason I started watching soaps b/c I was mesmerized by his portrayal of Todd Manning on OLTL.

I loved Todd. When Roger left, I followed him to ATWT, back to OLTL, and then to GH. I don't think any of his characters are the same. They are all different, and Todd will always be the darkest of them all, IMO. I liked them all. The only one I can say I may not have liked was his "Drew." The bad writing didn't help, but I tend to like every character he plays. I even liked the characters he played on Dawson's Creek, The Flash, and Prey.

There's just something about Roger I love. I loved Franco and wish he were still here, but I like Austin too! I just wish they would show him more often and keep up the momentum of the storyline. 

It’s the same for me.  I was actually happy when One Life to Live was cancelled.  I was like, “Yes!  I don’t have to watch soaps anymore!”  Then, they announced he was joining General Hospital and I was like, “Damn!”  Got me all excited thinking I was through with soaps and that just killed everything.  Now I’m stuck with this awful show with useless characters and horrible writing just to see him.

• Love 2
On 10/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, YaddaYadda said:

I just finished watching the episode and the writers should lay off whatever drugs they've been taking. 

Dear show, the Nixon Falls storyline happened NINE months ago, not 20. Nina did not know all along that Sonny was alive, so please, stop with that. You're changing the whole story, laying the blame squarely on Nina's shoulders. Where is Sonny's responsibility in all of this? He wasn't in a coma. His ass was dancing with brooms and tending bar while saying he didn't care about his past. So thank you for reminding everyone that Sonny is never responsible for anything. 

Dear show, please stop making Shawn into a victim because of his skin color. Shawn went to prison because he actively chose to protect the mob boss. He was there to shoot someone else. That still makes him a hitman and a criminal. Shawn wasn't an innocent bystander, he was actively committing a crime. And even if I don't remember half the stuff on this show, there is always someone on this board with a super duper memory who does.

Dear show, every time Carly opens her mouth about something that someone has done to her, a tape should roll showing her that she did the exact same thing to someone else before she is struck by lightning and reduced to ash. Take a goddamn seat, Carly. 

And please, kick Aurora and Crimson out of the building. The show can use a new set.

This is fucking exhausting. 

Whoever said that this is an hour of their life they won't be getting back. That, times 1,000,000.

If I could like this post a million trillion times, I would!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm kinda meh on Austin.  I'll take him every day of the week over Franco, but this intro story is moving too slow or something, he's just kinda there IMO.  And I think him vs. Brook would be more interesting if he was scheming back at her.

I got the sense that he wasn't going to roll over at Brook's latest scheme, and that he plans to retaliate. I'm fairly certain that Bailey's true parentage is soon going to come into play, since they've hinted that Austin remembers some details of that night, and both Brook and Austin are building ties with Maxie.

• Useful 4
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

So Esme has a trust fund but has no money now?

So she says. 

12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
16 hours ago, Blackie said:

Well now that Sonny has found out the Jason "started" to fall in love with Carly

The funniest thing about this is Jason was like "yeah, but it's fine, no biggie" when Sonny questioned him about just going back to the way things were.  I wish Carly could hear that--girl, he's really just not that into you.

Does the show realize how terrible that makes Jason sound? I'm sure the writers thought he sounded all noble and self-sacrificing, but it really just makes him sound like a complete douche.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Does the show realize how terrible that makes Jason sound? I'm sure the writers thought he sounded all noble and self-sacrificing, but it really just makes him sound like a complete douche.

Yeah, they think this makes him sound loyal and the best person ever, but all it does it make him sound like a robot.  Essentially, "I knew I was getting married, so I decided 'ok, I'll be into the marriage' even though if given the choice I wouldn't choose this."

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So she says. 

I will blame the writing because the show, no matter who is ruining it, refuses to acknowledge that Sonny, Jason & Carly are more toxic than the Qs family dynamic. I didn't watch the episode, but I but it was also a failure of Steve Burton's acting to show conflict.  

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I didn't watch the episode, but I but it was also a failure of Steve Burton's acting to show conflict.  

You are correct. Jason showed about as much conflict regarding giving up Carly as he did giving up Sonny's office. I don't know why they went so hard on the "Jason is falling in love with Carly" angle in the episodes leading up the the wedding, if they weren't going to milk any of the drama from it. 

• Love 7