Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

You are correct. Jason showed about as much conflict regarding giving up Carly as he did giving up Sonny's office. I don't know why they went so hard on the "Jason is falling in love with Carly" angle in the episodes leading up the the wedding, if they weren't going to milk any of the drama from it. 

This is where my conspiracy theory mind comes into play. And I'm not into conspiracy theories in all other areas, just this show.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So she says. 

Does the show realize how terrible that makes Jason sound? I'm sure the writers thought he sounded all noble and self-sacrificing, but it really just makes him sound like a complete douche.

This! Why root for any Jason romance if he's able to turn his feelings on and off, just like that?

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

So Esme has a trust fund but has no money now?

Which she conveniently can't access. I know 2 people with trust funds and all they have to do to access the funds is talk to the fund's trustees.

2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

You are correct. Jason showed about as much conflict regarding giving up Carly as he did giving up Sonny's office. I don't know why they went so hard on the "Jason is falling in love with Carly" angle in the episodes leading up the the wedding, if they weren't going to milk any of the drama from it. 

They certainly tried to milk drama from it before Sonny returned, I'm not sure why because I'm pretty sure that both lovers and haters of Sonny were hoping he would return to PC pronto.

Now they're desperately trying to milk the drama of Sonny knowing that Carly and Jason almost slept together.

Carly worrying  that Sonny has changed in the 9 months he was gone and she wasn't controlling him just making her look even more needy and pathetic.

• Love 5

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Which she conveniently can't access. I know 2 people with trust funds and all they have to do to access the funds is talk to the fund's trustees.

i would honestly think it would depend on how said trust fund is set up. i mean my only experiences with them are in novels but a lot of people (in said novel) couldn't touch their trust fund until they reached a certain age. (not to say i believe (or don't believe) Esme, but i've seen this being stated on YT and twitter, but it easily could be Esmee can't access it until 21 before she can contact people to withdraw funds).

• Love 3

I'm really enjoying that Carly is desperately trying to explain her feelings about Jason to Sonny and Jason has moved on. Far moved on.

OMG Carly, you weren't going to marry Jason because Nina lied, you were going to marry him because you wanted to be the Mob Queen. Sonny, in some cultures when the husband dies his brother takes over his wife and marries her.

No Carly, Sonny absolutely chose to stay in Nixon Falls even if the show refuses to acknowledge it. I don't understand why actors don't fight to have the writing acknowledge canon.

I'm very relieved that Kevin sees through Esme.  Too little, too late but at least he's saying something.

I love that they are writing to a Cassidine/Faison story. It's like a callback to the old days with the WSB capers and a relief from the mob.

Anna, why aren't you calling Britt back? Don't you think that Victor Cassidine, her mother's former lover, being in the mix is worth telling her?

CM is worth the shirtless scenes.

Someone please teach the Esme actress French pronunciation.

17 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I love that Ava and Spencer are wearing matching dark tops with khaki blazers for all of their big showdown scenes. 

It was especially noticeable at the police station with their light blazers and dark tops, a lovely subtle indication of two opponents.

13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i would honestly think it would depend on how said trust fund is set up. i mean my only experiences with them are in novels but a lot of people (in said novel) couldn't touch their trust fund until they reached a certain age. (not to say i believe (or don't believe) Esme, but i've seen this being stated on YT and twitter, but it easily could be Esmee can't access it until 21 before she can contact people to withdraw funds).

In one of the funds I'm familiar with, the decisions about the fund are made by the trustees until she reaches 25 and then she has control of it. However the trustees can release money for things they deem important. In this case, it was to pay for university.

In the other fund, there is no age limit and the trustees control the funds for her life. But as with the one above, she can ask the trustees to release money for specific uses.

They should have thrown in a line of Esme saying that she asked to get access to her funds but was refused. If she really does have money, that is.

• Love 7

Sonny doesn't know if he can comprehend Jason/Carly. yet doesn't tell his wife that he had a thing for/with Nina. classy guy.Also. how is this a surprise to Sonny. HELLO. Carly's been hot and sweaty for Jason forever. (also this is BS. 2 days ago "I love you Jason." Today "I don't love Jason." 

And no Carly. you have your dumbass husband to blame for being missing for 9 months. 

Spencer is channeling the brat card super hard today. Pride goeth before the fall, dude.

• Love 13

Entirely too much time was wasted on Mr. and Mrs. Nine Months. Greece is an umbrella story, multiple characters and plotlines, and we are still putting the focus on these tired ass characters. Show, get a clue.

I'm loving Ava these days. She's in her full glory, gracefully walking through every scene and owning it. Today's scenes with Spencer were exceptional.

Britt's cape line to Jason was funny.

Anna, Robert, Dante discussing Faison + Cassadine. Sam seems so superfluous, like she doesn't belong.

Liesl + Drew is becoming really great to watch. 

• Love 16

I don't give a fuck about Sonny and Carly or Sonny being all about how Jason is his best friend and like his brother. Douchenozzle, you could have looked into your past, you chose not to. So take a seat. And Carly, take a seat too. 

Now, give me more of the Greece stuff. That's been pretty good and soapy. The two goons converging on Peter and the look on his face was priceless, although I'm worried that we're being snowed and that it's Victor who will get his ass tossed in a cell next to Drew's. 

I wish Jason wasn't joining in, though. Of course he has to stick his nose in this one and I don't care that he is Drew's brother. He didn't really care all that much about him when he was alive, so yeah. Is Sonny going to follow the great love of his life to Crete? Carly, maybe? And please no. They will ruin everything and make it all about themselves as per usual.

So how old is CM, now? The man does take care of himself. 

Glad that Kevin knows that Esme is laying on very thick and cannot be trusted. The way she rejected all the blame on Spencer for torching Ava's car was pretty sociopathic. 

The Spencer/Ava scenes were good. The Spencer actor, for someone who had never had an acting job, is doing pretty well.

• Love 12

"You're our only hope, Obi-wan Kenobi." Paraphrased, but that's pretty much what Britt said to Jason.

I have a hard time believing that Nik has all of that influence that Ava said he had. He's asking for Mommy to clean things up for Spencer! It's as bad as Joss threatening to sic Sonny on people.

Typical Sonny to turn Carly being honest with him against her. She can't win here. You know he'll use his amnesia as an excuse for getting involved with Nina, and somehow that's different and justified. And he just lets Carly feel guilty when he's equally so. Ugh, he's awful.

OMG, Victor, just shoot Peter dead. The "key" to Drew isn't worth keeping him alive.

Who is paying Dante and Sam's expenses as they globetrot around the world?

35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm very relieved that Kevin sees through Esme.  Too little, too late but at least he's saying something.

He's been suspicious of her from the start—and has said so—but his dumb-ass stepson hasn't listened.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Who is paying Dante and Sam's expenses as they globetrot around the world?

Sam's taking it out of her kids' college funds. Dante raided his family vacation account. Sorry, Danny, Scout, and Rocco.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Sonny to Jason about Jarly's wedding night:  Did I walk in on somethin'?

Me:  Man, that Sonny is perceptive. 

Jason:  No, we were just about to read bible verses together and then sleep in separate rooms.

Why would Jason rescue Obrecht, after what she did to Robin, especially after Britt told him he was never getting in her pants again?   

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Who is looking after Scout and Danny as their mother jetsets around the world. Both Dante and Sam are single parents but at least Dante's mother isn't in jail.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"You're our only hope, Obi-wan Kenobi."

That's exactly what I thought in that scene.

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's been suspicious of her from the start—and has said so—but his dumb-ass stepson hasn't listened.

I was watching and waiting for Kevin to say something to either Laura or Nik but while he's mildly put Esme off at times, I don't remember any scene where he tried to give Nik a hint.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Who is looking after Scout and Danny as their mother jetsets around the world. Both Dante and Sam are single parents but at least Dante's mother isn't in jail.

Presumably they're staying at Monica's, with all the other offscreen children. Charlotte loves the Q mansion so much, she hasn't come downstairs once since moving in (I know the actress broke both arms, but I doubt she'd be appearing anymore than Scout and Danny...)

21 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why would Jason rescue Obrecht, after what she did to Robin, especially after Britt told him he was never getting in her pants again?   

Because he, and the entire viewing audience, knows she's bluffing. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, absnow54 said:

How much do you want to bet the writer's based all the legalities of this storyline on that Downton Abby episode?

Ha! I can't remember this plot point from Downton, but the (hypothetical) writer should have considered: a) Different country and legal system, b) Different time (earlier 1900's not 2021), c) Different circumstances (pretty sure this must have been soon after Matthew's death, not decades later).  Maybe they should have looked for something more recent for inspiration (Knives Out?) 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Carly, Jason, Sonny and Peter, so clearly today is gonna suck.

You know I actually thought everyone was Ok today* except MB, he really is a terrible actor!! I thought LW really brought some nuance today as she talked about marrying Jason, and MB just stood there stuttering ugh! LW actually made me feel a little bit for Carly today in that I hope she punches Sonny in the nose when she finds out that Smike and Nina were in wuv. Sonny oh ya , he's a keeper,  barf

*note I was half asleep through the Peter stuff but what I saw was not even as bad as MB?Sonny

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Typical Sonny to turn Carly being honest with him against her. She can't win here. You know he'll use his amnesia as an excuse for getting involved with Nina, and somehow that's different and justified. And he just lets Carly feel guilty when he's equally so. Ugh, he's awful.

yes this is exactly what I was thinking when I said I hope Carly punches Sonny in the nose when She finds out he hasn't told her the truth about Nina.

Also when Sonny said Jason was like his brother. I wish Carly would have said , Yes he is like my brother too, and we could have all yelled "yes that is why you 2 kissing was squicking us out!!"

• Love 2

The show surprised me by having both Jason and Carly tell Sonny the truth about their marriage feelings. I was thinking they would have him find out by seeing a recording of their vows or something.

I was also afraid that Britt and Jason would go have sex on the beach in St. Lucia. Hopefully, that plan has changed for good.

Boy is the actress playing Esme good at playing a psychopath, especially when she smoothly pivoted to putting most of the blame for the car fire on Spencer.

And is it me or did my sweet Robert just advance the investigation by miles with just one phone call?

• Love 10

I was so fascinated with today’s show that I spent all of it cleaning out my refrigerator. I still didn’t miss how many times everyone said “9 months”. Carly and Sonny said it at least 5 times while they were standing in their kitchen. So there’s no doubt—someone reads this site because so many people have commented that it WASN’T nine months!! Why would they even count the months anyway? 

• Love 4

LIne of the day:  Ava to Spencer at the PCPD:  "Just think, you had nowhere to sleep tonight but now you do."     I mean, come on, that's hilarious!!  

Ava swanning in and out of the PCPD is a thing of beauty.  I also have to give kudos to NC because he has gotten better since he started and it certainly helps that he's in scenes with Maura, who elevates all of her scene partners.  I did find it interesting and in character that Spencer dug in his heels and decided to stay in jail rather than accept Ava's offer.  

Hey, did you know that Nina kept Sonny tied to a radiator without internet or food or water for NINE MONTHS.  NINE MONTHS DAMIT.  And then she forced him to wear a hat. A HAT.  It's almost as bad as when Drew forced Sam to wear skirts.  

I don't hate Sam as much as many of you, but she really is superfluous in this Crete story.  robert, Anna, Dante, all makes sense.  Sam, not so much.

I loved KG's hair but I had to laugh that Drew's been beaten up 8907 times whereas Liesl looks like she's freshly showered and made up.  

1 hour ago, Desperado said:

Boy is the actress playing Esme good at playing a psychopath, especially when she smoothly pivoted to putting most of the blame for the car fire on Spencer.

Kudos to her as well.  Spencer didn't even know about the car fire until she told him she did, so to put all the blame on him then turn on the waterworks that poor poor Spencer is just so very sad that Daddy doesn't love him.  

3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Election fraud is not a harmless prank.  Come on Kevin.  You’re better than that.

Does Kevin know about the election fraud?  I think when they use the word prankster, theyr're talking about the childish stuff that NB's Spencer used to pull off.  

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't remember any scene where he tried to give Nik a hint.

He did.  There was a scene, before Laura left, where he literally warned Nikolas to keep an eye on Esme because he felt she was a little off.  

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They should have thrown in a line of Esme saying that she asked to get access to her funds but was refused. If she really does have money, that is.

I'm pretty sure she's just a lying liar who lies.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

LIne of the day:  Ava to Spencer at the PCPD:  "Just think, you had nowhere to sleep tonight but now you do."     I mean, come on, that's hilarious!!  

And MW delivered it so perfectly.  Those scenes were really good. 

6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Hey, did you know that Nina kept Sonny tied to a radiator without internet or food or water for NINE MONTHS.  NINE MONTHS DAMIT.  And then she forced him to wear a hat. A HAT. 

They're portraying Nina like the villian in a Scooby Doo episode--she would've gotten away with it, too, if not for you meddling kids!  But, seriously, the willfull ignoring of all the times--all the MANY times--Sonny said he had no desire to find out his past is ridiculous.  Also, I'm fascinated that Spinelli and Brick can find out someone had a drink in Barbados at 4:52 AM because they found secret camera footage/a receipt/something and yet couldn't find Sonny when he was within spitting distance.  I guess once you cross the Pennsylvania state line it's like you disappear without a trace.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't hate Sam as much as many of you, but she really is superfluous in this Crete story.  robert, Anna, Dante, all makes sense.  Sam, not so much.

Which is funny, because Sam is a Cassadine. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And MW delivered it so perfectly.  Those scenes were really good. 

The actor who plays Spencer is really good. He started out a bit rocky but was probably nervous as this is his first big break. I think he’s doing fantastic up against veterans like Maura. The actress who plays Esme is strong too. They are both compelling, even in scenes with just the two of them. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I guess once you cross the Pennsylvania state line it's like you disappear without a trace.

Maybe it's the Bermuda Triangle of upstate New York. 

3 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Which is funny, because Sam is a Cassadine. 

When Robert mentioned Victor, I fully expected Sam to be all, "Uncle Victor?"  like she even knows who the heck he is.  

• Love 4

Since DOC became one of the HWs, I have found most of the big reveals to be lackluster. The Wiley baby switch, Millow’s affair and now Sonny finding out about Jarly has to be one of the worst yet. It was so flat and is there even a story there anymore or is it just going to be Carly whining about Nina until the end of eternity? I think the only entertaining one has been Olivia finding out that Ned and Alexis slept together though I didn’t care that Olivia got cheated on. I just find it fascinating that they can take these classic soap moments and give them such a boring end with no fallout. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She's probably lying. She tells Spencer that she has a trust fund that she cannot access all the while mooching off him. Girlfriend doesn't even seem to have a credit card, something that's unfathomable for someone who is supposedly rich.

And btw, where is Esme going to spend the night? Spencer will have a warm and cozy prison cell and a cot. And maybe even a tiny window. Girlfriend doesn't even have that luxury.

I guess she could always park herself in the PCPD and sleep on a chair and say she's not leaving until her boyfriend is released.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

But, seriously, the willfull ignoring of all the times--all the MANY times--Sonny said he had no desire to find out his past is ridiculous. 

Also willfully ignoring Sonny's excuse for not caring about his past: because no one looked for him! I really don't understand why Nina is not allowed to say, scream or yell these things to Carly and Joss and anyone else! Or Jax for that matter. We have to hear this nonsense about Nina holding Sonny prisoner for 9 months over and over again but not once since Sonny's wonderful return to Port Chuck have we gotten to hear the truth.

Exactly. But some how, some way the people in charge of this show view Sonny as the hero of GH and a romantic lead. HAHAHAHA. Lawd.

I loved KG's hair but I had to laugh that Drew's been beaten up 8907 times whereas Liesl looks like she's freshly showered and made up.  

I cracked up at this too.

• Love 5

Another good episode, the second one this week imo, feels like several storylines are moving forward.

- Drew realizing with Mutter's help that Peter mind controls him

- RFS and crew finding out about Victor being alive

- Ava vs. Spencer

- I really really enjoyed Assme vs. Nikolas and Kevin

- Jason and Britt was ok

And - as a bonus - Victor not having any of Peter's crap

Even Sonny and Carly were not too bad, what with new Sonny (Minny?) reacting relatively mild to Carly's confession concerning what happened with Jason. Now it feels as if the last big elephant in the room left is Sonny's feelings for Nina. And if the writers see the - IMO - gold that they'd have by letting the 20-year-Jason-Carly-Sonny-crap implode for good finally, that could be a way to go, just sayin'.

If only they would finally stop the 9 month crap and lay it to rest on the Pennsylvanian side of the river.

Previews

Peter to Victor: You do not want to kill me Victor.

The audience all over the world to Victor: DO IT NOW! MAKE IT HURTFUL AND FINAL! WE WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER!

Edited by IDFfm0870
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Anna, Robert, Dante discussing Faison + Cassadine. Sam seems so superfluous, like she doesn't belong.

Which is especially funny considering Sam IS a Cassadine.

(which @rbsnow54 mentioned like 10 hours ago, did not see your mail, sorry) :) 

Edited by IDFfm0870
makes sense to read all your fellow user's posts before you post stuff
  • LOL 2

re: Jason and Britt’s search for Obrecht. Wouldn’t it be funny if he called Monica to tell her he was leaving the country and wouldn’t see Danny, and she let out an annoyed sigh and started bitching about Sam, Dante, and Valentine all stashing their kids at her house and running off to Europe, and that’s how Jason and Britt know where to look. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I cracked up at this too.

Plus didn’t she say it was like 2am??  And everyone is just traipsing about like it’s the middle of the afternoon. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Plus didn’t she say it was like 2am??

I thought it was hilarious that she glanced outside before declaring it to be 2am.  Like you can tell time by looking at the sky from a jail house window in a foreign country!!!  Who needs a Rolex.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Poor Nina has gone from unbalanced to truly deranged. Now that she sees who Sonny really is, she still wants him????  Nina, Mike was just a brain damaged mirage, you're dealing with the real Sonny now. In what world is this foul-tempered, ill-mannered, mumbling m***** preferable to Jax or even Valentin? So sad it's hilarious.

And kudos to folks that pointed out Sam should fit into the Greece S/L since she is a true Cassadine (although she never owns it). But the character is so odious we've got to grin a bear it, I guess. Loved Robert F! Scorpio back to being awesome "send the right man and you get results." Flove it! Where's the Axel Foley music from 1984, lol?

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Now that she sees who Sonny really is, she still wants him????

Nina is idiotic enough to think that Mike was the "real" Sonny. But Mike had an angry, violent streak, the same as Sonny.

I have to say, I do think MB is giving us a different Sonny post-NF, and I was one who didn't think Mike was such a departure. Sonny's reaction to both Jason and Carly admitting they were about to have sex was much more tempered than it would have been otherwise.

• Love 1

Wasn't Kevin all believing Spencer when Nik accused him and attacked Nik over it? Now he's acting like he saw something. 

Spencer doesn't seem all that remorseful in the Ava scene. 

So Drew is programmed to shoot people. 

Victor addressed Sam as Drew's ex. He must know she's a Cassadine.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I have to say, I do think MB is giving us a different Sonny post-NF, and I was one who didn't think Mike was such a departure. Sonny's reaction to both Jason and Carly admitting they were about to have sex was much more tempered than it would have been otherwise.

True, no barware was harmed in the filming of those scenes.

46 minutes ago, Artsda said:

So Drew is programmed to shoot people. 

I think he's programmed to do whatever Peter orders him to do.

• Love 2

the only way they can salvage the situation with S/C/J is for, after Sonny finally feels secure with Carly and thinks things are back to normal.. BAM, walk in on Jarly table sex like Sami Brady did with her mom and John on DAYS.  But... I want there to be no lead up to it on the Jarly end, just see Sonny walking in a door and seeing them and then fucking weekend for the audience to have kittens over it before showing the other side on Monday and then the fallout starting. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2021 at 2:57 PM, Daisy said:

Carly: Wiley is her grandson too.

My reaction to "MY grandson"  "MY hotel"  was UGHH, typical Carly. With a personality as self-absorbed as Carly's (Sonny's, too)  humans, property, etc. that are connected to her are hers and hers alone. 

On 10/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, statsgirl said:

Shawn, you lost year of your son' life but that's because you were working with a criminal organization and pleaded guilty.

Not to mention, the mother of his son was married to his best friend at the time the son was conceived and born.  He is hardly a good man who has led an exemplary life. 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, YaddaYadda said:

IDear show, please stop making Shawn into a victim because of his skin color. Shawn went to prison because he actively chose to protect the mob boss. He was there to shoot someone else. That still makes him a hitman and a criminal. Shawn wasn't an innocent bystander, he was actively committing a crime. And even if I don't remember half the stuff on this show, there is always someone on this board with a super duper memory who does.

Dear show, every time Carly opens her mouth about something that someone has done to her, a tape should roll showing her that she did the exact same thing to someone else before she is struck by lightning and reduced to ash. Take a goddamn seat, Carly. 

I wish someone would send this to the Show. Amen!!

If the Show really wanted to do a story about a black man or woman facing racism, I would be on board for any of the others. Shawn however, is, in fact, a criminal.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, perkie1968 said:

Loved Ava needling Carly and deliberately planting that seed, while Nina mentions Jarly on their wedding night and inadvertently planting that one.  

This was my favorite.  I also thought, Sonny really is dumb if it takes a comment from Nina for him to remember and think about walking in on Carly and Jason in the bedroom.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:17 PM, Daisy said:

what kind of dumbass question is that
"it was our wedding night." - Jason
"what would have happened if i hadn't walked in." - Sonny

they were getting ready to play scrabble, Sonny. obviously.

I had the same scrabble thought, LOL!! He noted when he barged into the  bedroom that night that they were all dressed up, and they acknowledged that yes they just got married a few hours ago. They had been drinking champagne, standing feet away from the bed. Now he says they told him they got married, but he didn't realize they had literally just gotten married and it was their wedding night.  Do you see bright lights on, and a board game on the floor or bed?  Sheesh, such a dumb ass.  

Think, Sonny. Can you count the number of times you've seen Carly and Jason dressed up, standing close, in her/your bedroom over the years?

On 10/15/2021 at 11:12 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, they think this makes him sound loyal and the best person ever, but all it does it make him sound like a robot.  Essentially, "I knew I was getting married, so I decided 'ok, I'll be into the marriage' even though if given the choice I wouldn't choose this."

This is in my opinion spot-on how Steve Burton has played the "Jason and Carly are getting married, Jason is falling in love again" storyline. He practically left a smoke trail behind when Britt texted him while he was in Sonny's office, and then he surprised Britt with both how fast he showed up and the "we" about her plans as they talked through what she knows about her mother's disappearance.  It seemed clear that he is absolutely, totally on board to do whatever Britt wants or needs and still has feelings for her that he pushed down when he and Carly agreed to get married. Meanwhile, Carly is all emotional with Sonny as she tries to talk about her feelings regarding Jason, and him.  I kind of laughed when Sonny said he chooses her and their future - he sounded like he just woke up from a nap. 

• Love 9

I am still waiting for the legal parts of Sonny's  return to be addressed. How do you go about getting someone declared "undead" (sorry for the vampire reference, but I couldn't help it)? Maybe Sonny doesn't care about Social Security, IRS, and a zillion other things including bank accounts, mortgages, investments because he has a cash business?

It would be a nice change of pace if Sonny's return inspired some counseling visits by Sonny, Carly, Jason, Joss, etc. instead of the insipid whining about how Nina "kept" Sonny in the dark for nine months. Give Kevin something to do professionally, show!

It is really fortunate that Joss was carrying around that journal, just in case she ran into Nina. Of course, after tearing out most of the pages, she had to carry a bunch of loose paper. Good planning, Joss. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 10/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, ouinason said:

the only way they can salvage the situation with S/C/J is for, after Sonny finally feels secure with Carly and thinks things are back to normal.. BAM, walk in on Jarly table sex like Sami Brady did with her mom and John on DAYS.  But... I want there to be no lead up to it on the Jarly end, just see Sonny walking in a door and seeing them and then fucking weekend for the audience to have kittens over it before showing the other side on Monday and then the fallout starting. 

That comparison is like apples and rotten potatoes. John and Marlena were in love and in a relationship when everyone thought he was Roman (until the show changed him back to really being John Black thanks to Stefano) until Wayne Northrop returned as Roman. There is no such history with Cujo and Jaysus. There nothing but Fuck Buddied for a minute 25 years ago. As far as I’m concerned, there was no “reawakening” of feelings from Jason’s side, because he never had them. Cujo has never stopped hoping and wanting something more.

These hacks and current writers can try and say different, but it won’t change what happened onscreen. It’s their own fault they tried to create nothing from nothing at the last minute. A story with a marriage of convenience and fight for mob power would have been better. Hell, what am I saying? Nothing would be better in their hands.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9

I’m just glad that writers reminded Sonny that Carly & Jason were in his bedroom when he came back alive. Sonny said he didn’t know know that was the WEDDING night. Did I hear that correctly? If so, if it wasn’t the wedding night what night did he think it was? Like, WTH are you two doing in my bedroom? LOL!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Sonny said he didn’t know know that was the WEDDING night. Did I hear that correctly? 

Because Carly always wears gold lame' and Jason always tools around town in a tux. And they always meet up at the end of the day in the bedroom to unwind.

I'm not a Sonny fan, but it seems as if someone is trying to write Sonny as intentionally stupid. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, rur said:

Because Carly always wears gold lame' and Jason always tools around town in a tux. And they always meet up at the end of the day in the bedroom to unwind.

I'm not a Sonny fan, but it seems as if someone is trying to write Sonny as intentionally stupid. 

Whew! I thought it was just me. The tux wouldn’t have fooled me but the gold lame would have thrown me off. LOL!!!!!

• LOL 5
On 10/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, Desperado said:

I was also afraid that Britt and Jason would go have sex on the beach in St. Lucia. Hopefully, that plan has changed for good.

No, that will be me since I'm leaving to go there in a week(!) Okay, maybe not sex on the beach but I can surely have the drink, can't I? 🍹 I guess I'll be behind on the show for a while, probably a good thing. As for Jason and Britt, I wouldn't discount anything. This show has taken so many hard rights and lefts because they cannot figure out what they want and refuse to commit to a storyline. And once they do commit, they'll just 1) retcon and 2) have a non-reveal. Great job, writers.

23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

These hacks and current writers can try ans say different, but it won’t change what happened onscreen. It’s their own fault they tried to create nothing from nothing at the last minute. A story with a marriage of convenience and fight for mob power would have been better. Hell, what am I saying? Nothing would be better in their hands.

So much truth.

I actually thought that was going to be the story, a MOC and mob central galore. It would have been more realistic than this sudden oh yeah, we've really been in love for 25 years but fought against it because of Sonny and now that he's dead it's okay for us to be in love once again. Hah. There's a reason why it didn't work. No one bought it.

• Love 11
On 10/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, Desperado said:

I’m surprised by how good she’s been recently. When she first came on, her smug smiles felt very fake to me, but watching her go from believable sweetness and fear with Cam to nasty with Trina and Joss, I’m really impressed. Also impressed by the actor playing Spencer after those scenes with Ava. I realize Esme is the psychopath here but the absolute hatred on his face in those scenes took me aback a little. His obsession with possessing his father…that boy needs some help. Half of PC have been abandoned and neglected by their parents (including Nikolas himself). 

• Love 12