Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And that is why I much preferred Drew.😏

My guess is the opposite, that between Sam's speech today and Drew writing Scout's name on the wall and asking only about her and not Sam, they're putting a stake into Dream  and going full steam ahead  with Sam/Dante.

This is fine.  As a Drew fan, he can explore better options.  Sam ain't it, Dante can have her.

They should do Liz and Drew.  Afterall,  Drew as Jake Doe was more into her than he was Sam.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:
7 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Well, as this Board's resident admirer of feminine pulchritude, of course I have to weigh in, lol. It took awhile, but BLQ has grown on me; she's an exotic beauty with a little meat on her bones - some of us guys actually like that.🙃

And Maxie will always be a Rubenesque cutie to me. But...my range is wide - I've always thought Elizabeth is so gorgeous that it actually hurts to look at her sometimes.☺️

Expand  Expand  

I in NO WAY meant any criticism, I was merely curious because every time I tuned in I saw the blue blazer,that's all.

Hi @ONE TOUGH COOKIE! I didn't take it that way at all, so sorry it seemed that way. Also, it seems that you're recovering from an illness, I hope that's going well.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

They should do Liz and Drew.  Afterall,  Drew as Jake Doe was more into her than he was Sam.

I think that Liz/Finn is gaining popularity right now. It's not the most exciting pairing but it makes logical sense and Finn is much better with Liz than he was with Anna.

My fingers are crossed for Chloe to be hired at GH and see how she does with Drew. Failing that, possibly Brook Lynn if they don't pair her with Chase.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think that Liz/Finn is gaining popularity right now. It's not the most exciting pairing but it makes logical sense and Finn is much better with Liz than he was with Anna.

My fingers are crossed for Chloe to be hired at GH and see how she does with Drew. Failing that, possibly Brook Lynn if they don't pair her with Chase.

Brooklyn is cousins with Drew.

I can't remember, but Shiloh still alive or dead when Drew's plane went down?

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think they may chem test drew with maxie, and i have a feeling that's going to catch. 

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But will we be able to tell?

Sam: The Drew Cain that I thought I loved doesn't exist. In fact, he never did.

Said with all the feeling of oh, I'm out of oatmeal.

3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I think they may chem test drew with maxie, and i have a feeling that's going to catch. 

Really? I can't see down-to-earth Drew going for all over the place Maxie. But, stranger things have happened I guess.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Brooklyn is cousins with Drew.

I have come up with 2 new careers for budding entrapreneurs of Port Charles  (or for Sonny when he wants to leave the mob and go back to the quiet life at Mike)

1- Local genealogist  - to remind you who you are related to before you get excited about hooking up

2-Storage lockers- to store all your stuff for when you eventually come back from the dead (Carly shouldn't have to use her used her attic)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
17 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Peter controlling Drew doesn't even make sense. Jake Doe was 'controlled' by a microchip and Helena when he got to Port Charles, right? The person controlling you and the method of control doesn't transfer over from person to person.

I have my fingers crossed that Drew is playing Peter right now, and just pretending to be under his control. But I'm also completely over all of this "Peter is always one step ahead of everyone in the most contrived ways" crap, so I'd like to see a character finally one up him.

7 hours ago, CeChase said:

I know it's been happening forever, but I'm approximately Maxie's age, and the chem testing with Austin and Drew is kind of creeping me out, because they seem way too old for her. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Hater said:

I will never not be pissed that tptb had Liz find out that Jake Doe was actually Jason and then not tell anyone. Liz actually did fall in love with Jake Doe, it had nothing to do with Jason and Jake Doe was NOTHING like Jason.  They twisted it into this whole “oh Liz never got her shot with Jason and now she’s taking it!”  Still Salty!!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I have my fingers crossed that Drew is playing Peter right now, and just pretending to be under his control. But I'm also completely over all of this "Peter is always one step ahead of everyone in the most contrived ways" crap, so I'd like to see a character finally one up him.

I know it's been happening forever, but I'm approximately Maxie's age, and the chem testing with Austin and Drew is kind of creeping me out, because they seem way too old for her. 

I totally agree about Austin, but am waiting to see with her and Drew.   I'm not sure. 

4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I thought I was alone in this. I like Austin and once you get to a certain age, age isn't the first thing that comes up when dating but there's almost 20 years difference. Same with CM. 

Eta: RoHo seems to be playing Austin as 40-ish. At least according to the GH timeline his real age of 53 wouldn't fit. So there's that. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I thought I was alone in this. I like Austin and once you get to a certain age, age isn't the first thing that comes up when dating but there's almost 20 years difference. Same with CM. 

Eta: RoHo seems to be playing Austin as 40-ish. At least according to the GH timeline his real age of 53 wouldn't fit. So there's that. 

Well, if we're going by GH timeline, Jimmy Lee left PC around 87 or 88, so Austin could have been born any time after that.  Maxie was born in '90.  They're perfectly suited agewise.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Well, if we're going by GH timeline, Jimmy Lee left PC around 87 or 88, so Austin could have been born any time after that.  Maxie was born in '90.  They're perfectly suited agewise.

True, which is why I added the postscript. On paper it's all good.

In the late 90s, my little girls were watching Kirsten Storms as Zenon on Disney while over on OLTL, Todd Manning had committed vicious rapes years before. My head says I need to give them a chance but my memory isn't making it easy. 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, tessaray said:

For me, I don't see the issue. Is Maxie a consenting adult? Yes, then the age gap doesn't matter. If she wants to date someone old enough to be her father, that's her right. It'd be the same if Anna wanted to date Dante or something. 

• Love 4

I find the extreme age gaps a bit awkward as well, especially with a character as immature as Maxie. However, I think it’s a given because this show is so heavy with 50 something male actors right now while there’s only around 4 actresses in the same age range and 2 of them are in established pairings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm the same number of years older than my guy that RH is to KS (16, and we've been together 17 years) and I guess it might seem squicky to some people but clearly it doesn't bother me. But, tho I have always found RH attractive, his current, terrible 'do notwithstanding, the idea that he's supposed to be 40ish is hilarious. 

Is Maxie supposed to be late 30s, as in real life? 

I need more Valentin/Anna making out, so she needs to get him out of that cell 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I find the extreme age gaps a bit awkward as well, especially with a character as immature as Maxie. However, I think it’s a given because this show is so heavy with 50 something male actors right now while there’s only around 4 actresses in the same age range and 2 of them are in established pairings. 

Interesting. I don't see Maxie as immature, just a little bit flighty. It's endearing, actually. So many of the other female leads are so OTT dour and dreary...or in Nina and Sam's case bat-shit crazy...so Maxie brings some much-needed levity to the canvas -the way Lucy Coe USED to do.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think that's part of my issue. Maxie isn't necessarily immature, but she just seems to be in a completely different life stage than the older men they're pairing her with. It could also be that I see absolutely no chemistry between her and RoHo.

Age gaps don't generally bother me. I love Robert and Anna, and they have a similar age difference.  

• Love 5
On 10/5/2021 at 10:37 AM, Daisy said:

I broke a tooth last night and i have a hot date with a dentist's chair. i'm not sure if i'll be back in time to recap the episode. (i spent all the little energy i had getting to the dentist only to be told, while they were open at X time, no one was actually in for another 3.5 hrs. not amused). If  it's a quick patch job, I can grab a quick nap, then be good to go. :)

but just letting y'all know in case i can't. 

Hey Daisy! Hope you're on the mend. Y'know...for a single dude like me without much family you guys are kind of my extended kinfolk and I really enjoy hanging out with virtually all of you. It really does mean a lot.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

Weird that we are getting a repeat today. Was there a major preemption in some major parts of the country yesterday that I’m not aware of? Yesterday’s episode wasn’t interrupted for me (East Coast)

• Useful 4

According to Facebook and Twitter;

Due to ongoing breaking news coverage, today’s scheduled episode of General Hospital will now air tomorrow

Not sure what's going on but here in Toronto, we've got a repeat.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

I'm the same number of years older than my guy that RH is to KS (16, and we've been together 17 years) and I guess it might seem squicky to some people but clearly it doesn't bother me. But, tho I have always found RH attractive, his current, terrible 'do notwithstanding, the idea that he's supposed to be 40ish is hilarious. 

Is Maxie supposed to be late 30s, as in real life? 

I need more Valentin/Anna making out, so she needs to get him out of that cell 

Oooh, you and me are in the same boat! I'm 15 years older than my guy, and we've been together for almost 14 years. 

My problem with them is I see no chemistry. And you guys should know by now that I'm all about chemistry. 😂

14 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Maybe the school shooting in Texas? But that shouldn't really impact Toronto. Probably something political.

There's supposed to be a vote on the debt ceiling, but really lame that they pre-empted for something that might not even happen. They wouldn't pre-empt Toronto for a school shooting in Texas.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Maybe the school shooting in Texas? But that shouldn't really impact Toronto.

10 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

hey wouldn't pre-empt Toronto for a school shooting in Texas.

Unfortunately we get pre-empted if anything big happens anywhere in the US.  If they don't play the episode in the US, they won't show it to us either.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They don't want Canada to get ahead of the US in episodes .

13 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

That's weird, because there's been many a time when Canada has gotten the episode but we in the States don't.

Once in a rare while, if there is no advance warning, we'll get either the full episode or half of it, before they cut us off.  Today, since they announced it on FB and Tw an hour earlier, the Cdn channel had time to prepare themselves with a repeat.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

That's weird, because there's been many a time when Canada has gotten the episode but we in the States don't.

The next day, Canada gets a repeat while 5he US catches us. As @perkie1968 said, today they knew in time to slot in a repeat (Sonny threatening Ava, Peter threatening Spinelli, Cyrus threatening TJ, Alex pretending to be Anna to trap Valentin) of 'love in the afternoon'.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

What’s up?

No idea.  I checked CNN around 2:30 (we get GH at 2pm in Toronto) and they were discussing Facebook and Zuckerberg.  Nothing about the school shooting, not even on the ticker tape at the bottom.  Very weird.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Hey Daisy! Hope you're on the mend. Y'know...for a single dude like me without much family you guys are kind of my extended kinfolk and I really enjoy hanging out with virtually all of you. It really does mean a lot.

thanks :) I have my good days and bad days. Anemia sucks lemme tell you. but i feel the same way in regards of hanging out here. it's fun having kindred spirits even if we don't always agree on stuff! (keeps it real!)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It's going to be a rocky start if he kidnaps her baby! (Not that romance hasn't started that way on GH before.)

Worked for Franco and Elizabeth  😀

Edited by ouinason
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think the preemption was because of the school shooting in Texas.

But they never cut in or anything. So they could have showed today's episode, they just chose not to for some reason. Very strange.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

But they never cut in or anything. So they could have showed today's episode, they just chose not to for some reason. Very strange.

Here's another thought - if SBu tested positive for Covid fairly recently (and we don't know if others have or need to be Quarantined) it might have been necessary to close the set temporarily. The way Jason has been written lately he interacts with a fairly large segment of the cast on a regular basis.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 10/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

On 10/4/2021 at 1:57 PM, statsgirl said:

NINA DIDN'T HIDE SONNY "FOR ALMOST A YEAR". This is so annoying

People with Twitter need to start bombarding the show with this. It was six months that Nina overlapped with Sonny in Nixon Falls.

Well, it seemed to me that we were being subjected to Nixon Falls for AT LEAST a year, so it actually makes sense in a way. Maybe it even felt that long to the writers, who had to keep coming up with new ways for Smike to “save” Phyllis and Lenny.

7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I heard that Moss sabotaged the feed on his way out of town. Revenge for the lilies, or something.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Here's another thought - if SBu tested positive for Covid fairly recently (and we don't know if others have or need to be Quarantined) it might have been necessary to close the set temporarily. The way Jason has been written lately he interacts with a fairly large segment of the cast on a regular basis.

This was my thought when the repeat played and wasn't pre-empted or cut into once. Maybe they had to shut down production because of positive COVID tests. Burton was the only one that we knew about, but there could be others. LW would be a prime candidate since they spent time locking lips. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Here's another thought - if SBu tested positive for Covid fairly recently (and we don't know if others have or need to be Quarantined) it might have been necessary to close the set temporarily.

Read this and thought at first it said some of the cast might have been Quartemained.

(Which actually would be a pretty good idea.)

Edited by MollyMelrose
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The show isn't broadcast live, so closing down the set shouldn't affect what was already filmed. There was supposed to be a new show. My experience with large organizations makes me suspect that somebody messed something up, and rather than acknowledge an error, TPTB seized on the idea of "breaking news"  as an excuse for the rerun.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3