Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
19 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I disagree. Nik fake-stabbed his own son. Regardless of the reasons, that's reprehensible on any level. Laura hasn't been an effective mother to Nik (and she's been a way-too-indulgent grandmother to Spencer), but she's one of the few people who has the authority to call Nik out and have it mean something to him. She goes a bit overboard, yes, but Nik doesn't seem to respond to anything else

I think she goes more than overboard, especially lately. More than once recently, she’s been melodramatic yelling at Nik at him for finally living down to his Cassadine legacy. First, she yelled at him for returning Cyrus’s mother to him. She showed far more disgust for his actions than Carly who actually kidnapped the woman. Yes, Nik fake stabbing Spencer wasn’t the fatherly thing to do but, just like Spencer, she made Nik out to be horrible for even suspecting Spencer. So, yeah, I want to see her come back and admit she was wrong.

• Love 11

The way they're writing Laura, I expect her to sigh heavily and tell Spencer she's "disappointed in him" and then yell "but what did you expect after abandoning him?" to Nikolas. 

Then she'll say she'll deal with both of them later, but right now she has to go visit her dear friend Sonny.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

WK has a son who has autism so whatever else I believe what he is portraying really resonates with him. I wonder if he asked the show for this story or if they show asked him if he wanted to be part of it. I do think that is why Ned is being the one who is noticing something after what Austin said while Olivia is in denial and BLQ thinks Austin is lying to distract Ned.

I did read that WK son and one of MW's children have autism. I'm glad Ned is involved with the storyline with Leo, who is essentially his son. It's great if it raises awareness, but this is GH, and the writers just aren't that good at these sort of storylines.

• Love 8
On 9/30/2021 at 12:49 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think it's Carly levels of hubris though to assume she can survive Esme, who as Trina pointed out she doesn't know or know what she's capable of, just because she survived Nelle.

Yup - totally in character. Joss is Carly's daughter, she is a teenager (giving off the invincible vibe), and she's experienced dealing with a psychotic female who tried to destroy her family in the past, so she is very over confident that she can handle whatever Esme does. 

On 9/30/2021 at 3:14 PM, Daisy said:

Jax is totally over this crap and says "you know what it's your life, do what you want I want no part of it.  Carly looks like wait  you're allowed to not want to orbit my world?

Nik goes what do you mean you're glad to catch me? I'm not going anywhere? Sonny nods to his goons. "Not if I have anything to say about it." (hey moron Why not ask Nik. until yesterday you were dead, dumbass. he has the right to take Avery out of the country). 

Reading gems like these in your summaries are for the most part, better than watching the show. I say for the most part because I'm a fan of Elizabeth scenes that are not about or including Franco, really enjoyed watching Maxie let it all out to Peter in the hospital, and love it any/every time someone gives Carly a verbal smackdown/holds their own against her esp. Jax, Robin, and Elizabeth. (Honorable mention goes to TG as Luke for whenever he would say in sarcasm, "Sweet Caroline.")

On 9/30/2021 at 3:23 PM, mostlylurking said:

Me - “Not to mention you ARE one.”

THANK YOU!  The fact that he doesn't realize he himself IS criminal is Sonny levels of hubris.

On 9/30/2021 at 3:27 PM, statsgirl said:

This is a HUGE lie because the Hallowe'en he came back and the boys dressed up as him, Sam asked Jason if it would be okay with him if the boys grew up to be mob enforcers and Jason was all 'yeah, that's totes okay if that's what they want to do'.

That was (little blond) Danny. Jake explained to Jason "he's you" when Jason didn't understand Danny's costume and why his hair looked like that.

On 9/30/2021 at 3:29 PM, YaddaYadda said:

For some reason, Ned seemed to kind of get through to Jason. I thought the talk was good,

I loved Ned guilt tripping Jason on behalf of Monica, and I agree. It's so rare to see these cousins (Tracy's son and Alan's second-born son) talking, with Jason referencing history where both of the actors from that time in GH history are currently in the same roles. I was very surprised that Jason actually listened to Ned and they spoke to each other like adults. I think it hadn't occurred to Jason that his mother does worry/is concerned, since Jason rarely-to-never thinks of his own sons. I would bet Ned just assumes he does because Danny and sister Scout/Jason's brother's daughter practically live at Grandma Monica's house.

On 9/30/2021 at 10:04 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Wow, Sonny really is stupid.  He immediately believes a random stranger who comes up to him and tells him Nik and Ava are taking Avery and leaving town.  And then proceeds to bring two thugs over to Nik's house and start threatening him.

Sonny got manipulated by a random stranger, who is a teenage girl no less! He should feel embarrassed and stupid.  He certainly looks like the stupid thug he is. The positive of this is that Spencer, Cam and Trina all got to see and understand that reality, up close.  Beloved, cool "Uncle Sonny" was dismissive of Spencer begging him not to beat up/kill Nikolas - Spencer's only parent - until Cam and Trina came running in to confess they lied. Cam and Trina have both been respectful/polite to Sonny since he's Josslyn's stepdad (Cam would call him "Sir" out of nervousness/fear), they know of  his/the "organization's" rep, but now they've  had hot head violent Sonny in the room with them threating their friend's dad ... or in Cam's case, his sort-of uncle. 

I think they thoroughly distrust Esme, so they didn't react with horror to Joss's veiled threat the way they would if Joss said it someone else. 

I laughed at Carly telling Jason "Nina's soooo lucky" that he got there as she was lunging to attack Nina ---- in Monica's house!! Carly really thinks she's so tough.  Monica or Nina could have had her arrested for assault.  All Carly has going for her is to shriek at someone what Jason and/or Sonny will do to them.  Although in this case, she can also shriek at and cry to Michael that Nina should never see Wiley again. 

Hey Nina, you should ask about the time when Carly was getting into a physical fight with Robin because she was still jealous of what J&R had decades later, and Robin's future husband Patrick intervened then as Jason just did now. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Then she'll say she'll deal with both of them later, but right now she has to go visit her dear friend Sonny.

And if Nik tells her about Sonny threatening to beat him up/kill him based on no evidence because of what some teenage stranger told him - with no apology afterward - she'll either shrug and make an excuse for Sonny or level up and give Sonny a "stern" warning but end with a hug and them giggling about his dimples.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Reading gems like these in your summaries are for the most part, better than watching the show. I

awww. thanks :)

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

THANK YOU!  The fact that he doesn't realize he himself IS criminal is Sonny levels of hubris.

well theoretically he was a criminal.  If he does more criminally things he'll be one again. but right now. he's not...

is he?

The Leo story has potential, but it's kind of gone from 0 to 100. If Leo normally acts the way he did in that coffee table scene with Ned, the whole family would be concerned by now, including his mother. Then again, I was cross-eyed as a child, but my mother thought I was so perfect that she was shocked when told she should bring me to an optometrist! 

Jason has matured in the time Sonny has been away. (Shallow alert, but he's even dressing less thuggishly and his hair is less severe.) SBu is either over his disdain for his Jason Q past, or the writers have just overruled him. Maybe Jason will actually take an interest in his twin brother when he returns. 

Speaking of Drew, two things:  1) Wasn't he supposed to be on the run with that guard he kinda-sorta bribed by now? 2) I know he's going to be crushed if Liesl gets the chance to tell him about Franco.   

• Love 2

Part of me wanted Nina to see Sonny busting into Nik's house to have his goons beat Nik up on no evidence whatsoever but on this show she'd just use it to justify why she let Mike stay Mike to save him from having to be Sonny.

Catching up on old episodes , I noticed that when Nina met Sonny at his gravesite, she reminded him that he didn't beat up the guy in Corinth, trying to prove to him that sweet Mike was still a part of him. Sonny replied that he didn't beat the guy because the smart thing to do is to make an ally of him and he always does the smart thing.

So it's possible that Sonny didn't apologize to Nik because he realized how utterly stupid he had been to believe Esme and wanted to save face. But more likely it was just the show trying to ahow how tough and scary Sonny is.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

well theoretically he was a criminal.  If he does more criminally things he'll be one again. but right now. he's not...

is he?

I'd say that trespassing at Wyndermere and threatening to physically assault Nik is criminal. But since SSonnyhas not served ttime for his previous crimes, he's still a criminal from them.

14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I do we had some strong anti-mob characters, like we used to. These days the whole town is grey about the mob. Where is Mac and Robert?!

Everyone seems to be pro-Sonny and his mob these days. Laura and Anna are happy he's back, everyone from his kids to Maxie are joyous, Ava is thanking Carly, Taggart would probably be happy if we daw him and even Jax said that he's glad Sonny is alive. Not one person has said a word against the criminal being back in Port Charles.

• Love 6
On 9/30/2021 at 6:47 PM, DanaK said:

I have a revised opinion of Esme and what her possible connection to Ryan is now that we’ve seen her in action, including Thursday where she sicced Sonny on Nik to keep him apart from Ava. I think it’s clear at this point that Esme is a psychopath or a budding one. I don’t think she has a connection to Ryan, she’s just fascinated by him. When they met and she practically slobbered on him asking questions about him, he sensed she was a psycho like him and it alarmed him for some reason because he had a huge desire to kill her and couldn’t. If he ever has the chance to kill her, he will, because she’s playing with fire. Backup opinion: she’s related to him, he realized she’s a complete psycho and it alarms him

I’m guessing long lost daughter.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:16 PM, statsgirl said:

Of course Sonny is important in the Esme/Spencer reveal. Nothing can happen on this show without Sonny, Carly or Joss involved. Are his goons going to beat up Nikolas now without checking to see whether this total stranger was telling the truth? Sonny is not only a thug, if you added his IQ to Carly's you wouldn't get to 100.

COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOOKING INSIDE! It's the study of memory, sensory, long-term and short-term. Perception, learning disabilities, why our phones numbers are a mazimum of 11 numbers long. Why is Kevin being so stupid, he should have seen through Esme long ago.

I'm glad Alexis is getting involved in the Crichton Clar, story.  It's always nice when the Cassadines are involved in a story and not just the mob.

I don't blame it; I'd do whatever it took to get away from that kitchen.

Notice how Mooby didn’t apologize to Nick.  Not even a little.

What a stupid asshole.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Not one person has said a word against the criminal being back in Port Charles.

Scott did. He's certainly not happy about it and basically told Nina she was a fool. He's awesome that way.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

If Esme is Ryan’s daughter, who could possibly be her mom?  The character is about 18 years old, and hasn’t Ryan been in jail for longer than that?

Doesn't he frequently escape?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

If Esme is Ryan’s daughter, who could possibly be her mom?  The character is about 18 years old, and hasn’t Ryan been in jail for longer than that?

Esme would have been conceived when Ryan was presumed dead/working for the DVX. Ryan "died" in 1993 and was only revealed to be alive a few years ago. Kevin had been hiding him after the DVX contacted him b/c Ryan was catatonic, but not for very long. In fact, if I remember correctly, Kevin spent longer locked up in Ferncliffe after Ryan switched them than Ryan had.

No idea on her mom. If she's Ryan's daughter.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'd say that trespassing at Wyndermere and threatening to physically assault Nik is criminal. But since SSonnyhas not served ttime for his previous crimes, he's still a criminal from them.

Oh we (i thought) were talking about Shawn LOL, that's what i thought from the conversation. Sonny is always criminal. 

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Jax said that he's glad Sonny is alive. Not one person has said a word against the criminal being back in Port Charles.

I think Jax is happy that Sonny is alive because theoretically it means Carly isn't putting herself directly in mob business (as Sonny won't let her). which means nothing (theoretically) can happen to her/joss because of that. (and Joss was mourning him because she lurvvesss Sonny), and he wants her happy. But other than that, I don't think he's happy in the traditional sense. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Just randomly wondering if MB, LW and SBu really have a large enough fan following to justify them being the leads? As the Nixon Fails S/L shows, there's really nowhere to go with these characters, any attempt at real drama is a short-term contrivance.  There's never any scenario where the holy trinity ever loses.

Even on Y&R Jack Abbott can battle Victor Newman to a well-earned draw every once in a while (although I once read that Eric Braeden actually has it written into his contract that the Great Victor Newman can never truly lose).

With the holy trinity there's never any suspense, no surprises. Even with GH's hack writing crew a legacy character like Laura can keep you interested by getting elected Mayor.  We've got characters like Jax who truly deserve their own storyline. BLQ has become compelling enough now that a really juicy arc could be written with her, but we're not likely to get it.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 4

I've been on the fence on this show but I've been n the hospital and watched it every day for all hour. And I'm done.  Anna WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????  THE HOTTEST GUY ON THE SHOW KISSES YOU PASSIONATELY AND YOU--GIVE HIM WATER?  Some secret agent.

Serious question: why does Brooklyn always wear a jacket covering her upper half?  Is she pregnant in real life?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Just randomly wondering if MB, LW and SBu really have a large enough fan following to justify them being the leads? As the Nixon Fails S/L shows, there's really nowhere to go with these characters, any attempt at real drama is a short-term contrivance.  There's never any scenario where the holy trinity ever loses.

Not just that, Carly's kids Michael and Joss never lose either. The only thing more boring that Sonny in  Nixon Fails was the end of the Michael/Willow/Chase 'triangle'.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I don't think it matters.  The showrunners make the same mistake half the world does these days, which is going completely off of Facebook/Twitter and assuming that's the entire viewership.  

And I suspect the show's just steadily lost viewers overtime who don't like those characters.  

• Love 5

I will say that I was glad replacement Nicolas didn’t have to do the big reveal of Spencer’s (and, Esme’s) deeds. I don’t know if production made sure of this or they were just lucky but I’m glad Marcus Coloma got to play those scenes out. Because he really brought it. Unfortunately, he had to work with the awful Maurice Bernard that day, too. Bernard can’t even find his cue cards or teleprompter to save his. At least, be good enough to do that without taking your eyes off your scene partner as he was was doing with Coloma. I do not get this cast dying to work with him. He’s awful with his stuttering, stammering and trying to remember his lines. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I don't think it matters.  The showrunners make the same mistake half the world does these days, which is going completely off of Facebook/Twitter and assuming that's the entire viewership.  

And I suspect the show's just steadily lost viewers overtime who don't like those characters.  

and considering the amount of griping people are doing about the current storylines/mob stuff., i don't even know if they are listening to ppl on twitter. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Serious question: why does Brooklyn always wear a jacket covering her upper half?  Is she pregnant in real life?

First of all I hope you are feeling better and out of the hospital!  On the BLQ front, the actress did have a baby shortly before returning to the show, however the were dressing her frumpy even before that.  I hate the boxy blazers, although I guess they fit her character.

• Love 4

I miss Nixon Falls - or rather, I miss the Sonny-free PC we had until last week. I'm back to watching with dread every time MB shows up. It's painful. And yeah, I know I'm screaming into the void but the last 9 months prove that GH doesn't need SC. 

The saving grace is that there are still stories I care about. Vanna, Nava, Maxie and BLQ, Scott and Liesel, even Finn and Elizabeth. I like Ned and Leo despite Olivia. (And it's past time for Olivia to move out, imo.) Wally is doing a good job there. And CM as Drew might work out. I don't think it's a coincidence that most of these stories are Corinthos-free.  

• Love 11

I hope I live long enough to see Sonny's accountant give him tax returns to sign and have it pointed out to him that his criminal enterprises are in the red and being supported by his profitable legit businesses. Let him own his toxic criminal activities. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I hope I live long enough to see Sonny's accountant give him tax returns to sign and have it pointed out to him that his criminal enterprises are in the red and being supported by his profitable legit businesses. Let him own his toxic criminal activities. 

Does that ever happen?  Aren't illegal activities always more profitable?

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Does that ever happen?  Aren't illegal activities always more profitable?

I think Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos would disagree. Sonny has this major shipping network and other legit businesses. Crime requires bribes, lawyers, blackmail and there is a lot of competition.  Warehouses full of contraband can't be insured against being blown up. Plus he doesn't handle drugs. It isn't completely impossible.

• Love 1

NINA DIDN'T HIDE SONNY "FOR ALMOST A YEAR". This is so annoying

Dante: So Sonny is back in Port Charles and things are back to normal so we could come to Monte Carlo  (So you're not going to investing the bombing and murder of two men because your father is head of the mob again.

Sam, you don't look like Monte Carlo, you look like a showgirl who found a sugar daddy. Or a sexy bird costume gone wrong. This writing is so tacky. It really makes me nostalgic for when Jax and V went to Monte Carlo to win back his fortune. That was a fun Monte Carlo caper.

It's good that Spencer was admitting to being the stalker but burning Ava's car was all Esme. I do like how this is being written. Ava, who knows what it's like to be estranged from a child, is going to be the one to push them together.

France has 2 drinking ages: 16 for wine and beer; 18 for hard liquor. Esme should have ordered a bottle of champagne.

Fast forward through all Michael and Willow.

Carly needs to be struck by lightning being so angry that Nina stole Wylie having a year of time with his grandfather (IT WASN'T A YEAR AND HE WILL NEVER HAVE ANY TIME WITH GRANDPA AJ) when she wanted to fine keep Nina out of his life permanently.

And it's not like either Carly or Sonny are going to let Ava see Avery without begging.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

NINA DIDN'T HIDE SONNY "FOR ALMOST A YEAR". This is so annoying

People with Twitter need to start bombarding the show with this. It was six months that Nina overlapped with Sonny in Nixon Falls.

• Love 7

I didn't see the entire show so I will have to watch it later tonight. That said, I really love Nava. I hope whatever is keeping them in the COVID world of interactions is resolved soon. LOL! These two have so much chemistry, IMO. I'm happy Nik burned the divorce papers. I'm glad this stalking plot is "over." If it resumes, I hope they fight together this time! Until that happens, I hope we can see them relatively happy for a few months before the writers ruin everything! 

I didn't get to see all of Spencer's scenes, but I feel so much sympathy for him. I know many here don't like Spencer and didn't like NB's Spencer, but I have always liked Spencer. I feel for him. As Ava said, he's a very angry kid, and Nikolas shares a LOT of the blame. Nikolas was dead wrong to say he would never forgive Spencer and wanted him out of his life completely. I love Nikolas but he let his kid think he was dead for years. There's no excuse for that! I'm going on the belief that Nikolas is angry right now and will move past that anger. I want him to reconcile w/his son b/c I like their relationship. Plus, his reaction is different from when he fake stabbed Spencer. He was doing the fake stabbing to teach Spencer a lesson, but now he wants nothing to do w/him? Maybe I missed something in the beginning of their talk. Maybe Nikolas brought up Spencer letting him get reamed out for things Spencer KNEW he did! LOL! Anyway, I want to see them work on their relationship. 

I know some want Trina to be angrier w/Spencer, but I enjoyed their scene together. I like Sprina, and I honestly see no need to kick ppl when they're already down (unless that person is Carly, Josslyn, or Michael)!! 

As a family attorney, I agreed w/Curtis. I missed Millow yelling at Nina (thank goodness), but I heard what Curtis said, and he's right. Nina is not a danger to that child. She pops up every once in a while. It's not a big deal, but then I never thought Nina or Nelle having contact w/this kid was a huge deal. 

I didn't see much else. Where are Sante right now? Are they trying to find poor Drew? LOL! I sincerely hope they are. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 5

Today's Journey

Monte Carlo, Monaco
Dante is posh in a white and black tux. Sam is wearing.... something. lol. They are looking for Drew. Sam is like you are pulling off that formal ware. (Sam is not pulling off that dress. it's really like a black one with massive ruffles on top) They are flirting. I sleep.  They mumble about getting the informant's attention. Sam says kiss me. Dante does. Sam goes how dare you and throws booze in his face (honestly this is boring). Dallas Kirby comes and is like "I own the place etc."

Savoy
lol Curtis and the bartender coinflip to deal with Esme. It was hilarious. Esme is gloating.. Bartender is like how can I help you?

Nina strolls up and Curtis is like hey! Nina hugs Curtis and starts being it's so nice to see a friendly face. Nina is like i messed up, and I don't know how to make it right. We got the recap off screen (thank you). Curtis is like it's crazy, but we all did things we aren't proud of. Curtis is team Nina.  Bartender shows up and is all "Yah her id is fake." 

Curtis is dealing with Esme. He calls it fake. I'm not falling for it, and I'm keeping the ID and boots her out. Esme is like so strange to be treated like a child in America, you can be 18 and drink LOL 

Jordan recap. Curtis is like we had issues. Nina asks about Portia, Curtis is like, I dunno... Jordan happened. Curtis is confused LOL.

Insert Millowtonin. Willow is like. Yah can we not make a scene? Michael is like I'm not going to stay long. Michael in a loud voice and hands on hips "I just wanna hear Nina explain how she knew my father was alive for months but didn't find it necessary to tell his family." I dunno Michael, probably the same way you didn't find it necessary to tell Chase when he was recovering that you were screwed his wife, and was in love with her. Probably something like that.  Curtis has a "oohh sookie sookie now!" face, and Nina has this... "I'm having my come to Jesus moment." look on her face

Curtis is like um dude can you not do this here at my place of business? Michael is having none of it "how can you show up to the house,making a big show about loving your grandson when you were lying to all of us pretending that his grandfather is dead?" (i dunno. how can you forgive the man that shot your father in the chest in cold blood?) - Willow is looking at Nina all sad. Michael goes on "Maybe you hate my mom. she doesn't deserve it." (sorry this is where i had to stop for several minutes because i couldn't stop laughing. the delusions in this family is unreal). "But she can take care of herself. Avery and Donna are too young to understand, but for me and all the kids. it was all hell.  You robbed Avery a year of Sonny" (no she didn't, geeze marie). Then Willow goes. "Keeping Sonny away from his family all this time. I can't justify that." (but you can justify cheating and lying to your husband every day until he caught you, and then graciously forgave you, right? RIGHT?!).  Nina just sat there and took. They were going to leave, and Curtis is like look. "y'all had your say. Now I am going to have mine."  Michael has this look like "wait, you can talk down to me like this?"

CasaCassadine
Nik is chewing out Spencer is looking like he's going to cry. Ava comes in. Nik is like. ooh you are here. Ava is like i dealt with Esme, and why are we going to Bora Bora? And Trina said to get here. What did I walk in to?

Spencer spills to Ava. He's still covering for Esme. Ava is mindblown. Spencer said i was in town for months, and that he was Victor. Ava is like and you used Avery for your plan. Spencer said he wasn't going to hurt Avery, Ava screams I DIDN't KNOW thAt?! Spencer said he didn't consider everything. You can hate me. Spencer says I never knew Courtney, You were dead, Ava lied, I was angry, hurt and alone and an orphan.  Ava was like why did you stop, I was leaving, why confess now?

Nik fills in Ava about the Sonny being a gangster. Nik goes Esme likes stirring the pot. Spencer apologises again and says please believe me. Ava's like are you sorry you destroyed our happiness, or that you got caught? Spencer has a ... hmmm face. going on. (that's the best way to describe it). 

Spencer says it was easier to hate you overseas. When i came home I felt really bad. If it was just me, i could get over it you brought Avery into it. Nik goes I didn't help matters to pretend i was dead. Spencer goes. that's how i convinced myself that this was okay. We're Cassadines. This is what we do. Nik has this .. omg look on his face. spencer is like please can you forgive me? I was following tradition. Nik goes no. I can't forgive you. You hurt the woman i loved and her daughter. Nik... wow. Nik kicks Spencer out. Spencer laughs, and Nik goes GET OUT NOW!. Spencer looks like he was going to cry, and leaves. 

Ava goes, is this what you really want? Nik goes, you're what i really want. I nearly lost you because of Spencer.  Ava goes he is hurt and angry young man. Nik is like you're going to forgive him? Ava goes I wish there was another explanation, that it was him all along. Nik coldly goes. "now he's dead to me" (dude. okay. you get to be pissed but shut up. this is your kid). Ava is of the same mind and goes "don't you ever say that to me."

Kelly's
Millowtonin are gushing. I sleep. Joss comes in and goes I'mma gonna tell you all about Nina and what she did to all of us.  Off screen recap. 

Michael is like starting to get pissed off and how dare she has the audacity to do what she did. How dare she lie. (seriously Michael? We wanna play "how dare someone lie card?"). Willow is team Nina (kinda), brings up Nelle and the lies Carly told, and goes could that
have been the reason?

Michael is like we went for bat for Nina, and saying how it was good Wiley spends time with her (um. because yeah. SHE'S HIS GRANDMOTHER) and she was just lying to our faces. (oh. shut up). Esme shows up and is pissed 

Joss is like. "boy, I was so nice to Nina, I made an effort to talk to her." Esme cuts  in. Esme is like oh your step dad is alive and starts stirring pots. Esme goes Nina is at the Savoy, Michael and Willow leave, and goes. "is it something I Said?" Scooby Doo gang goes "No it's something you did."

Esme is like what did i do? Cam spills the tea about the plan. Esme is like translate.. Esme looks kinda scared, Trina starts spilling the tea, and Esme looks scared and pissed. 

Esme recovers brilliantly, and goes, well, how was I supposed to assume that Ava WOULDN'T leave without her daughter. but you all set me up. Trina, is like yah because we're the ones stalking Nik/Ava. Joss goes, "What happened when Sonny found them." and instead of telling the truth (that sonny was gonna murder Nik). Trina handwaves all of that and goes. "Spencer told the truth." Esme looks freaked out again and goes. "Spence was there?" Trina yah, he confessed. Esme was pissed. Spencer shows up. "Yah I told the truth. He kicked me out. he never wants to see me again." Trina looks sad panda. Esme looks like the gravy train has ended. 

CasaMobster
Sonny is like what about Nina? Carly is like Maxie told me the goods. And she nows why. Sonny looks kinda... well. the same. 

Carly is like. "Nina blames me for Michael and Willow keeping Wiley away from them."(um coz it's your fault.). and she's playing victim cards, and then goes How could you let Nina tell me and not you?

Carly is like you didn't tell me me the name of the town or that Nina knew. She lied! she kept us apart. Sonny's like well. because i was concentrating on the good stuff you, kids, getting life back. Carly's like. whatever. NINE MONTHS! NINE MONTHS. Carly is like she was apologetic for a second and blamed everything on me. (no she didn't you lying cow). Sonny sleepily goes. "wait a minute., you talked to Nina?"

Carly is like Nina has the nerve spending time with Wiley like she didn't steal a year from Wiley getting to know Sonny (then quite frankly, she did Wiley a favour and it's not a year, god sakes). Sonny said it wasn't pleasant.  She got off easy, says Carly. Define easy, says Sonny. "I was gonna KILL HER, but then Jason showed up." goes Carly. (god I hate this woman).  Sonny is like. "how did Jason show up?"  Carly looks kinda scared lol.  She goes, Joss had Jason track my phone.. Sonny is grateful... okay this is so freaking boring.  Carly has a flash back about how she says Jason is the perfect partner for her.  boring schmoopy crap between these two disgusting people.

Show Ends
Dante and Casino Chick go upstairs to her bedroom.

Curtis - Nina knows she messed up and she knows you can cut wiley out of her life. Michael. "We agree on that much." Curtis: is that what is best for Wiley? Haven't you ever messed up? God knows I have. we all have.  So i'm not asking for a pass for Nina. But i'm asking for a second chance for her so she can make up all the hurt she caused and Wiley's life is better by having two grandmothers who love him.But if all you wanna do is punish Nina, you are in danger of punishing wiley too.  MIchael looks pissed (and should remember what cutting people out of their lives does. AKA, AJ, ec etc etc). Willow looks at Michael. 

Esme is like "Spence, that's not true. Once i explain everything." Trina not having any of it. goes "Haven't you done enough?" Spencer goes "Lay off Esme." Joss "After what she's done?" Spencer goes. "She was trying to help me.". Esme goes. "Way to go Joss. you and your minions got Spencer banished from the castle." Joss snorts, and goes that's what you care about. Joss is all. we're his real friends. (You are, Joss? really? ahuh). that's why we had to do something. Spencer has had enough and leaves. Trina leaves after him. Spencer goes, go on, let me have it. Trina is like fool please. I'm mad at you but I don't enjoy seeing you like this. I want to turn back time, and talked you out of it before you hurt your family, and yourself.  Everyone interrupts them. Esme goes. "Trina never remind me to understimate you again." Trina has had enough. Spencer has no idea where to go from now. Esme says You still have me. evil look

Ava is like i get your pissed. but you are lucky, you have a child who is alive. Everything can be forgiven. Nik is like meh. i don't want to talk about this. let's talk about US!  Ava is like :D YAH! Okay! Nik is like No Divorce! Don't leave!! Ava. :D! :D! :D!  They burn the divorce papers. 

Nina leaves the Savoy. Willow is like what Nina did was cruel and Criminal, but can we cut her out of Wiley's life. Michael looks disgusted. Nina dreams of Sonny kissing her. 

Carly and Sonny are blegh. They kisss. (glegh). this is total skip. They're gonna have sex. Skipole! Skipole! GAG GAG! Close up on picture of Carly/Sonny/Jason. 

• Love 9

Just heard that contract negotiations for Moss fell through, and it has been dropped to recurring status (I.e., Jax’s coffee table). You see, Frank discovered Lilies in the flower kiosk in the supermarket parking lot and signed them to a contract…

• LOL 11

Not shocked by Nik's response. I get the anger, but he truly is like his fatber/uncles: chooses to obsess over a female and chooses them over their own blood.

Also Spencer and Trina are probably the most compelling couple the show has, which means that the show will ruin it in the future cause they arent Carly/Jason/Sonny.

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • Love 10

I liked the Ava/Nikolas/Spencer scenes. I think the three together have really good chemistry and I can buy that Spencer is really remorseful. That said, him being kicked out is not the worst thing to happen to him. I want to see him slum it. Get a job, Spencer. Get those manicured fingernails dirty a little, like 99% of the planet. And welcome to the real world, dumbass. I still like the actor, though. 

Someone actually needs to parent Spencer. 

Carly sleeping with Sonny even though she clearly doesn't want to is not my cup of tea at all. Those two having sex repulses me, but having sex when she isn't feeling it because of her Jason love is extra skeevy. I get why she's going through with it, it doesn't mean it's right.

Curtis should've just kicked Michael out of his club. Take a seat, bitch! Your entitlement to everything is obnoxious and gross. And go away! CD is a terrible actor. Go away and take Willow with you. She is as useless as you are. And your mother deserves everything she gets because she is entitled and selfish and thinks she can steamroll over everyone she doesn't like.

Does Esme actually have money? She seems to be counting on Spencer for a place to live. So I'm not sure that her parents have a bottomless bank account. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up working for Nina, though. 

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

People with Twitter need to start bombarding the show with this. It was six months that Nina overlapped with Sonny in Nixon Falls.

As an avid Twitter user, I just did this right now.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I liked the Ava/Nikolas/Spencer scenes. I think the three together have really good chemistry and I can buy that Spencer is really remorseful. That said, him being kicked out is not the worst thing to happen to him. I want to see him slum it. Get a job, Spencer. Get those manicured fingernails dirty a little, like 99% of the planet. And welcome to the real world, dumbass. I still like the actor, though. 

Nik was definitely over the top with saying Spencer is dead to him, that was too much. But I agree with you. Spencer needs to live in the real world for a while. A world where there are consequences. Unfortunately between Laura and Uncle Sonny that probably won’t happen and everyone will just think Nikolas is a gigantic monster. I think Nik was just talking out of anger and will eventually  forgive Spencer, but everyone (especially his MOTHER who wont see the irony) will think Nikolas was awful for not forgiving spencer instantly. 

Sams dress was just….very poofy. I didn’t mind the cleavage but it looked a bit dumpy because of the ruffles. Dante always looks good. 

I’m so glad Nina has some people on her side, actually she has quite a few. Curtis is a great friend. He just has no clue what to do about his own life, lol.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Does Esme actually have money? She seems to be counting on Spencer for a place to live. So I'm not sure that her parents have a bottomless bank account. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up working for Nina, though. 

I have a feeling that Esme doesn't come from a family with money.  Did Spencer ever say where or when he met her?   How long were they together before he started the stalking.  Esme seems too invested in making Ava and Nicholas break up.   For what reason?  Is it the money or because she was sent there to instigate the stalking?

• Love 4

Sam's dress was really ugly. She has no idea how to dress for any occasion. Dante's tuxedo was a bit too prom-adjacent for me to sign off on it.

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Esme is like so strange to be treated like a child in America, you can be 18 and drink

Ugh, I'm so tired of this being used to show how backward and provincial America is.

I'd feel more sorry for Spencer if he wasn't such a turd. Nik has been a terrible parent, and the other adults in Spencer's life have dropped the ball, to put it mildly, but that doesn't excuse any of his actions. He keeps using the poor-little-motherless-child angle, and that is no justification for his appalling behavior. That said, way to make things better, Nik. Maybe count to ten before banishing your son?

6 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Not shocked by Nik's response. I get the anger, but he truly is like his father/uncles: chooses to obsess over a female and chooses them over their own blood.

This is spot on. At least Ava doesn't let Nik get away with saying dumb stuff like Spencer is dead to him. A little perspective, Nik, you idiot.

Shut up, Michael and Willow, you raging hypocrites. Talk about needing some perspective.

Again, Carly has no issue with her phone being tracked? Alrighty then.

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly sleeping with Sonny even though she clearly doesn't want to is not my cup of tea at all. Those two having sex repulses me, but having sex when she isn't feeling it because of her Jason love is extra skeevy. I get why she's going through with it, it doesn't mean it's right.

Sonny gave Carly an out—"Is it too soon?" It's gross the writers had her go through with it.

LOL at the episode ending on the photo of Sonny, Carly, and Jason. You know a threesome is something she's always wanted.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Nik was definitely over the top with saying Spencer is dead to him, that was too much.

Agreed. It was too much to say something like that. He was angry when he said it, so he probably didn't mean it, but Nikolas has been an absentee father even when he wasn't pretending to be dead for 3 years. Perhaps Nikolas ought to listen to what his son was trying to communicate to him and to what Ava was telling him about not wishing his child to be dead.

16 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I have a feeling that Esme doesn't come from a family with money.  Did Spencer ever say where or when he met her?   How long were they together before he started the stalking.  Esme seems too invested in making Ava and Nicholas break up.   For what reason?  Is it the money or because she was sent there to instigate the stalking?

I'm not getting the impression that she's from money. All we know is that Spencer and Esme were at the same boarding school and that's basically it. 

It's also possible her parents cut her off because she's a bunny boiling psycho. I'm just not getting the impression that she can really fund the sort of lifestyle Spencer is used to for herself.

• Love 6

Even though Nik sucks and is a crappy father, I don't really feel sorry for Spencer. He terrorized Ava and made her think that Avery was in danger. He was just fine for her to leave the country and have her be separated from a young child. All so he could have Nik all to himself? This spoiled little punk brat needs therapy. Stat. He's still carrying this stupid grudge against Ava for the lawsuit against Valentin. That was almost 4 years ago! Of course Nik will eventually forgive him and they'll be a family. But it was very Cassadine (and Corinthos) of Nik to act the way he did.

I don't really see the chemistry between Spencer and Trina, but they're inoffensive enough and as long as he treats her well and genuinely tries to make it up to her I'm okay with it. I don't know what the big draw is, but whatever. Spencer is also really stupid to not see through Esme.

I was actually kind of hopeful to see Sam and Dante again because I thought finally they'll get this right. Nope. What could of worked on paper didn't work in execution.

Even though I'm no Nina fan, (not a Carson fan either), I liked Curtis today because he seemed more himself. Caring and concerned. When he's in the romance with Portia and Jordan, he seems selfish and a jerk. 

Shut up, Michael. And Willow. Forever.

• Love 7

Sam and Dante continue to be a forced bore.  I am just so underwhelmed with this pairing.

Was the eating of the olive supposed to be sexy because I was just grossed out.

Edit: Dallas looked good though.   Also is someone on the writing team from Texas?  Austin, Dallas, Maxie went to Texas when she was off for a bit.  

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm not getting the impression that she's from money.

Me neither. She seems very “new money” to me or just an outright poser.

Good for Ava for telling Nik he went too far with Spencer, while at the same time empathizing with his anger in the moment. This is a great couple.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Even though I'm no Nina fan, (not a Carson fan either), I liked Curtis today because he seemed more himself. Caring and concerned. When he's in the romance with Portia and Jordan, he seems selfish and a jerk

I agree. I've gotten really tired of Curtis the last few months but today he was the voice of reason and a good friend.  Of course,  Michael is so annoying everyone else looks great in comparison. 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Carly and Sonny specialize in keeping kids away from their parents (Michael, Avery, young Joss and yes, Jason) and Michael had his own go at "You'll never see Wylie again" with Nelle so anything Michael and Carly say about Nina is major hypocrisy.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Someone actually needs to parent Spencer.

Someone does and ironically right now Ava seems to be best placed for it. Laura and Nik have been far too indulgent of Spencer's antics and failed to listen to him and Kevin seems afraid to take a strong stance with Laura. I actually wouldn't mind a Spencer redemption story with Ava guiding Nicholas. Too bad with Sonny being back Avery won't be a regular part of the family.

I think Esme is a gold-digger who hooked on to Spencer as a rich and easy  mark. A repeat of Nelle's story but it makes the most sense.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Sam says kiss me. Dante does. Sam goes how dare you and throws booze in his face (honestly this is boring).

Thank you for sacrificing and watching this crap, I just FF 😁

• LOL 5

I continue to find the teens to be the most interesting part of the show.  It's almost making me think that they have a different set of writers because the writing for their story has been at a consistently higher quality than many of the others.  I am continuing to enjoy Spencer and Trina; and am glad to see them get their first (albeit brief) 1:1 scene since Esme interrupted them on the turret.  

I am a little curious to see how this whole mess with Nina, Sonny, Carly, and Jason (and how involved Britt will be).  Those secrets are just ticking time bombs for them.

I am seeing some chemistry between Sante, but the pacing for their story is off, which makes it difficult to invest in them.  

I am definitely curious to see what happens with Valentin joining Liesel and Drew as Cassadine captives.  And I wonder if my theory that Mr. Sheffield is Valentin's father will be proven correct.  Also, will get some hints about Victor possibly faking Britt's Huntington's diagnosis?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Even on Y&R Jack Abbott can battle Victor Newman to a well-earned draw every once in a while (although I once read that Eric Braeden actually has it written into his contract that the Great Victor Newman can never truly lose).

With the holy trinity there's never any suspense, no surprises. Even with GH's hack writing crew a legacy character like Laura can keep you interested by getting elected Mayor.  We've got characters like Jax who truly deserve their own storyline. BLQ has become compelling enough now that a really juicy arc could be written with her, but we're not likely to get it.

I wonder if that is a joke about the contract.  What actor would be so ridiculous?  What is it to him if the character ever "loses?"  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, drtslim said:

And I wonder if my theory that Mr. Sheffield is Valentin's father will be proven correct. 

I think that he will be Victor's son. Which is sort of interesting because Victor seems more invested in not having been Nathan's father than he is in the son he actually has if Valentin ends up being his.

11 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

I wonder if that is a joke about the contract.  What actor would be so ridiculous?  What is it to him if the character ever "loses?"  

Some actors have egos the size of the universe. Big fish in small ponds. That's how they like it. I don't know how that doesn't create toxic work environments, tbh.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1