Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/7/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Just now, Cementhead said:

I haven't been watching but is Megsy still claiming Clay Aiken as one of her gay besties?  And does Clay know that he is?

I think they are friends.  Idk if he was her "gay" "best friend" that was allowed to stand up in her wedding with all the heterosexuals 🤔

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

That's funny. Thanks for letting me know.  I was thinking Curt, and looked it up to see if it was spelled with a 'c' or a 'k', and there is one, a sportscaster, but I just looked at the name, and not the occupation, obviously.  (And after looking again, it's actually Trey.)

Ha!  I stand corrected too! 😂

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think they are friends.  Idk if he was her "gay" "best friend" that was allowed to stand up in her wedding with all the heterosexuals 🤔

I think is her best friend that stood up with her.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I haven't been watching but is Megsy still claiming Clay Aiken as one of her gay besties?  And does Clay know that he is?

The main way we know this, other than Meghan's say so (because she has sooo many friends), is because during Meghan's first season, the show did a segment where the hosts paired up with their best friend to play a game.

• Love 1

For Whoopi to always bring up Tawana B (or Polanski) in a rape discussion is just wrong. As Sunny said the incidence of false accusations is extremely low. It derails the convo. Every. Time. Rich white men don't need Whoopi to defend them. They've got their own resources.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

It was so odd, in a way, how Abby so vehemently stressed, a couple of times, that the women there held the place together, and were heroes, and then Meghan also said twice that that was when she and Abby, already friends, really bonded.  I think Meghan, during her first season, said she didn't experience any harassment while there, but I don't think Abby has said one way or the other, at least on the show. 

What became very clear after Gretchen Carlson’s lawsuit (which ended in a $20 million settlement on her behalf, with the caveat that she can never discuss any specific details of her allegations) is that Fox News, like most corporations, uses non disclosure agreements and arbitration to prevent details of harrassment emerging or from taking responsibility. It wouldn’t surprise me. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

What became very clear after Gretchen Carlson’s lawsuit (which ended in a $20 million settlement on her behalf, with the caveat that she can never discuss any specific details of her allegations) is that Fox News, like most corporations, uses non disclosure agreements and arbitration to prevent details of harrassment emerging or from taking responsibility. It wouldn’t surprise me. 

That's right, I forgot about that.  I ended up watching The Loudest Voice on Showtime this summer based on Joy's wholehearted recommendation when Seth MacFarlane was on the show publicizing it, and I surprisingly, thoroughly enjoyed it (Russell Crowe will likely be up for awards), but the behavior, for decades, that Roger Ailes was able to get away with, with so many women, especially young women, was sickening.  (There was a comment somewhere, from someone who thought the miniseries was going to be pro-Fox News that went something like, "They're trying to make Fox out to be Fake News!."

I hope Abby did not go through any of that.  

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why yes you are supposed to be impressed. 😉 Didn't you hear Meggie tell us the other day, she even let her gay best friend stand up in her wedding.

She's a real pill that one.

Because having a gay friend absolves you of defending their oppressors daily. Don't we peons understand that?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Meghan looked particularly chubby today. 

Yeah, I went there. 

Come on,the tucked in blouse with the high waisted red pants accentuating her protruding stomach. What is she thinking ?

I agree.  it's not fat-shaming to say that women with a large belly should not wear high-waisted pants with a blouse tucked-in. 

Me-Gun's question to Susan Rice was outrageous.  she asks a question, interrupts the answer, interrupts AGAIN, and asks for a SIMPLE answer to a complex issue.  Then when Sunny tried to clarify something with Rice, MeGun talked right over her.  She kept trying to get Susan Rice to say -  "Obama screwed up, people died because of him."  She wrote a book, Meghan - stop with the GOTCHA questions trying to condense an entire book into one statement.  Your efforts are transparent,  you are trying for the soundbyte where you get someone to admit some huge fault of the democrats, and Meghan looks the hero for getting them to say it.  There is already someone who posts clips from The View that are labeled "Meghan McCain DESTROYS...."   and the clip never supports the label, but Meghan LIVES for it.  

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Come on,the tucked in blouse with the high waisted red pants accentuating her protruding stomach. What is she thinking ?

Those are Santa Pants. Santa Pants. Santa Clause's Pants. Check the pockets Meg.

ETA: Maybe Meghan has finally signed up for service and this is her uniform!!! for that pesky War On Christmas she is always yammering on and on about.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

- stop with the GOTCHA questions trying to condense an entire book into one statement.  Your efforts are transparent,  you are trying for the soundbyte where you get someone to admit some huge fault of the democrats, and Meghan looks the hero for getting them to say it.

Bravo!

• Love 5

About that "my father/my wedding/my father/my wedding/my father my wedding crap:   These are the only significant things in her life apparently.   Her father was John McCain.   And she managed to get some money-grubbing sucker to marry her.   Really - what else does she have going for her?    Where would she be professionally if she didn't have JMcC's name to trade on?   And who would have married such a vile hateful beeyotch without the family fame and fortune.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Whoopi should just shut up.  First, she is incoherent.  Second, she is stupid.  Yes, stupid, the word she hates so much.

That entire mess where she was supposedly answering Joy's question (who later said it was rhetorical!) took me back to the days of her defending Bill Cosby.  And then ends with the idiotic statement that perhaps people should not have extramarital affairs, implying that is what leads to rape!  She's just lucky MeAgain was such a mess today, so only one outlet has picked up on her idiocy thus far.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/maybe-people-shouldnt-be-having-extramarital-affairs-whoopi-goldberg-reacts-to-lauer-rape-allegation

But was is rape-rape? That was about all that was missing from that incoherent babbling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Matt Lauer said it was an extramarital affair so Whoopi sounds like she is saying if Matt hadn't been having an affair with this woman she wouldn't be able to accuse him of rape. Thereby implying she doesn't believe the woman.

The woman’s story isn’t the easiest to digest. Matt Lauer says they hooked up in Sochi back in 2014. This woman says she had a few shots and wound up being anally raped in his hotel room one night and wound up bleeding for the next few days. On one hand if he did violate her in this way he has every reason to lie about it now and claim it was consensual. What reason would she have to lie about something like that three years later? 

The wrinkle is she continued sleeping with him after this incident. And not just sleep with him, initiate certain encounters, and proceeded to tell “a million people” (her words) at the office.

Whoopi’s point seemed to be that Lauer had no business fooling around with this woman in the first place. Not saying she’s smart enough to reason this out, but there’s no need to raise the question if you don’t fuck around on your wife in the first place. I got the feeling Whoopi doesn’t buy her story, and she has good reason not to. Instead of making that argument and risk “victim-blaming”, she made the more convenient argument.

Edited by 27bored
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I wanted to smack MMcC, and I'm a pacifist. I was surprised Sunni didn't recognize the reference to Loving.

Sunny recognized the reference to the Loving v Virginia case. Whoopi referenced the wrong year for the case, which is what Sunny was trying to point out. The ruling was in 1967. Not whatever Whoopi said.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, leftlane said:

Sunny recognized the reference to the Loving v Virginia case. Whoopi referenced the wrong year for the case, which is what Sunny was trying to point out. The ruling was in 1967. Not whatever Whoopi said.

Oh, thanks. I didn't listen closely enough. I thought Sunny would be extremely familiar. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, lusinia said:

They could have left off the cab (which has no relation to the show anyway) and had room for Ana.  It's kinda disrespectful (so Meghan probably did have something to do with it).

Does the mug have bike lanes ?

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

OK - so MM mentioned Volker last week and today. But does not reveal he was the executive director of the McCain Institute. Well, until he resigned about 2 days ago.....

ABC - this is a huge conflict of interest.....thinking MM can call him for his testimony about UKraine that she hasn't evidently heard about despite being all over the news.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

Oh, thanks. I didn't listen closely enough. I thought Sunny would be extremely familiar. 

When Whoopie first mentioned Loving, I'm pretty sure Sunny said, "Loving?", so I also thought Sunny didn't know what Whoopie was talking about at first.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, leftlane said:

I'm pretty sure Whoopi said 1968 and Sunny appeared unfamiliar...but moved in to challenge the date.  One year off isn't bad...but Sunny countered with "the 60s."  Can't believe I'm taking Whoopi's side.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 3

Wow. Meg is skipping tomorrow’s show with Rand Paul. Guess her filleting knife isn’t sharp enough. 

Now she’s rolling her eyes and sputtering because Whoopi won’t let her interrupt Joy.  And scolding the audience for applauding. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 9
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow. Meg is skipping tomorrow’s show with Rand Paul. Guess her filleting knife isn’t sharp enough. 

Now she’s rolling her eyes and sputtering because Whoopi won’t let her interrupt Joy.  And scolding the audience for applauding. 

I think maybe Me-again is scared of Rand Paul after all

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

I realize WG has to wear her hair like that for the film, but I don't like it - and usually I do like dreads.  Maybe it's the color or something, but I can't tear my eyes away from it and not in a good way.   -   Also, I think Whoop's sweater/top is flattering on her; so much better than the potato sacks she usually wears.

Question:  Has Nutty ever - EVER - gotten through an entire show without once mentioning the words "my father".   Ever?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Sunny said this is Trump once again trying to distract us from impeachment.

Meghan says she doesn't care about impeachment right now because of Trump's recent decision to pull troops.

You just proved Sunny's point, Meghan.

The stupidity runs deep in Meghan. For someone who has "been in politics her whole life" she should understand the wag the dog strategy. In fact she herself used that exact phrase earlier this week.

4 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

And now they're discussing Ellen's friendship with George W. Bush. Sunny mentioned his stance on gay marriage, and Meghan muttered, "That's the same position Obama had, by the way.

And Obama evolved on the issue. Has GWB ever said what his stance is now?

• Love 20

There are those you're closer to, Whoopie, who should do their homework as well (Although Meghan probably thinks she is doing her homework, during the show - that's why she's always holding a pen).

Meghan, It's been three days, not a week since we've left Syria.

"Blame shift"?  And then Joy set Meghan straight - the administration is responsible for both.

She doesn't care about impeachment?  It figures that Meghan can only focus on one thing at a time.

So did Abby get the "cry wolf" phrase from Meghan's husband?

16 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

-   Also, I think Whoop's sweater/top is flattering on her; so much better than the potato sacks she usually wears.

I agree, and I'd like one, too.

A Meghan-free day tomorrow, plus Ana!

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 20

I really hope that Rand Paul asks at some point Where's Meghan ? and then makes a snarky comment

But he better be aware ...  she's not afraid of him !!   He lucked out and escaped the filleting of his life .

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, 27bored said:
22 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Matt Lauer said it was an extramarital affair so Whoopi sounds like she is saying if Matt hadn't been having an affair with this woman she wouldn't be able to accuse him of rape. Thereby implying she doesn't believe the woman.

The woman’s story isn’t the easiest to digest. Matt Lauer says they hooked up in Sochi back in 2014. This woman says she had a few shots and wound up being anally raped in his hotel room one night and wound up bleeding for the next few days. On one hand if he did violate her in this way he has every reason to lie about it now and claim it was consensual. What reason would she have to lie about something like that three years later? 

The wrinkle is she continued sleeping with him after this incident. And not just sleep with him, initiate certain encounters, and proceeded to tell “a million people” (her words) at the office.

Whoopi’s point seemed to be that Lauer had no business fooling around with this woman in the first place. Not saying she’s smart enough to reason this out, but there’s no need to raise the question if you don’t fuck around on your wife in the first place. I got the feeling Whoopi doesn’t buy her story, and she has good reason not to. Instead of making that argument and risk “victim-blaming”, she made the more convenient argument.

Exactly! This is what doesn't make sense.  She says he raped her, yet she doesn't call the police and continues on with him.

• Love 6

So did Abby just argue with Sunny about the impeachment poll? And just kept saying it was for the impeachment "inquiry".   Sunny is absolutely correct--it was the Fox News Poll (!) which showed 51% supported impeachment AND removal from office, and an additional 4% supported impeachment.  Way up from the summer.  Also an increase in R support for impeachment (I think 21%?).  No, Abby, they were not talking about the inquiry, they were talking about impeachment and removal from office.  Don't A and M do any research??  And if they all discuss these topics prior to the show, don't they then still have time to fact check before they go out and say nonsense?  And MM is still apoplectic  about the Kurds and the genocide happening now--which I totally get and support her on this issue. But I'm puzzled why this particular issue is the "red line" for her--not all the other horrific stuff Trump has done (or even the compilation of everything added up).  I agree it's a particularly disgusting decision of his (and who knows what Turkey promised him in exchange), but she's been the most animated about this over everything else. I have read that our world standing is was irreparably damaged (no surprise) before this by all of the crap Trump has pulled and said, and this puts it over the top when it comes to supporting allies.  We can never regain that trust or willingness to work with us again.  

• Love 14
13 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm pretty sure Whoopi said 1968 and Sunny appeared unfamiliar...but move in to challenge the date.  One year off isn't bad...but Sunny countered with "the 60s."  Can't believe I'm taking Whoopi's side.

I don’t know what show you were watching. Sunny referenced Loving v. Virgina and (correctly) said 1967.

Whoopi (wrongly) tried to correct her by saying the ruling happened in 1968. Sunny—not wanting to get yelled at by Whoopi—skeptically asked “Loving?”

Whoopi—not wanting to admit Sunny was right—begrudgingly said “60s, how ‘bout that?”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Guuurrrrrrl better learn how cope. She's going to have a stroke!  You know its going to be bad when she goes falsetto. I know, it totally sux.  Maybe something will finally stick to Teflon Don.  In the meantime they should be checking her BP during the commercials lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

She said she had many * different *friends, I love Ellen, not the show. But she's  openly kind hearted,  and uses her show to help others. I didn't see it today, did they mention her and Bush? 

I think it might have been addressed on Mondays show, if it was from the Sunday game.  What is the big f'n deal people?!  Isnt there more important crap to be worried about?  To me it seems like they have the same sort of sense of humor.

4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

When Paul Shaeffer mentioned that he had had Joe Walsh on his show, Meggy said, "I love him."  I wonder if she was thinking of Joe Walsh the musician, or Joe Walsh the right wing Republican.

Hah!  GMTA @Silver Raven!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I’m glad Sunny didn’t allow Abby to run roughshod over the impeachment numbers. I hope Sunny repeats them loud and clear every day. They sure made Abby and Meh-gun so very angry. And I loved Sunny for saying that anybody angry about the Kurds being slaughtered should be emphatic in their support of impeachment to prevent more atrocities like this from happening. Kudos to Whoopi for not allowing Meh-gun to eat up everyone else’s airtime in the first round of Hot Topics, too. More of that, please.

I’m excited to have a Friday of Ana without the turd in the punchbowl there!

• Love 22

Why was Abby so animated about people tweeting about Ellen and Bush?  Her view is that people shouldn't judge Ellen and shouldn't spend their time tweeting, they should spend their time with their families.  Well, isn't she doing the same thing that she is criticizing?  She's judging what other people do with their time vs. what she does with hers.🙄

And doesn't she actually understand the twitterverse? 

emma stone twitter GIF

• LOL 9
  • Love 4