Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/7/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Haleth said:

I turned it off as soon as Mario was introduced. 

Then there's me!  I was so glad to see him again--didn't realize how much I miss him.  I don't like those LOUD over-the-top entertainers, but somehow I overlook that because he is SO TALENTED (and needy).

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Then there's me!  I was so glad to see him again--didn't realize how much I miss him.  I don't like those LOUD over-the-top entertainers, but somehow I overlook that because he is SO TALENTED (and needy).

Me too. I like Mario.

Edited by nokat
over the top, yes
  • Love 9

Happy Birthday to all the Libras on the forum! My sis is also a Libra. I’m so upset. Ive been waiting to attend another live taping, and when I get a notification today that I got a date??? I had to cancel. I have a Doctors appointment with general surgeon. 

I’ve been very sick for weeks and have enlarged lymph nodes in my stomach. Two trips to the ER This past week.  I thought going would distract me but no. It’s ok though, I got tickets to Late Show with Colbert again near the end of the month. Fingers crossed I’m feeling better by then. 

Im a Gemini and I hate any attention on my birthday. Like mentioned above, my boyfriend will tell the waiter to bring me the cake quietly to our table with no fuss or song sung. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Happy Birthday to all the Libras on the forum! My sis is also a Libra. I’m so upset. Ive been waiting to attend another live taping, and when I get a notification today that I got a date??? I had to cancel. I have a Doctors appointment with general surgeon.

I’ve been very sick for weeks and have enlarged lymph nodes in my stomach. Two trips to the ER This past week.  I thought going would distract me but no. It’s ok though, I got tickets to Late Show with Colbert again near the end of the month. Fingers crossed I’m feeling better by then.

Im a Gemini and I hate any attention on my birthday. Like mentioned above, my boyfriend will tell the waiter to bring me the cake quietly to our table with no fuss or song sung.

Hope you can visit the Late Show. Fellow Gemini.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I like him too.  So much that I looked up his gig at the Club Carlyle.  I'd love to see him, but won't be back to NYC for 10 months.  I joined their mailing list so I keep this spot on my radar.  Sounds like a whoever is headlining, its a quintessential NYC experience.  

• Love 6

According to Meghan it’s ok to turn a blind eye to the persecution of some people, as long as it’s not religious persecution. Some persecution is worse than other persecution. 

Oh, for God’s sake, Meghan, the problem with the impeachment hearings isn’t being behind closed doors, it’s the obstruction. Trump isn’t going to allow anyone to testify just because it’s being broadcast. Ok, put it on tv. The committees with no witnesses testifying. Crickets. Riveting tv viewing. 🙄

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14

Aw, Bernie Behar made it on the new mug. 

When I was checking a few minutes ago to see who's on the late night talk shows, I noticed that Sunny is supposed to be on Jimmy Kimmel's show tonight.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Why does Meghan always make it a point to talk about who she isn't scared of? I'm surprised there isn't a compilation video of her randomly announcing who she isn't scared of yet because she does it so much. If she thinks it helps her self-proclaimed "tough chick" persona, it doesn't. It just makes her look even more childish and insecure.

When Joy whispered back to Meghan, "Rand Paul's not scared of you either," along with a smile, I laughed! 🤣

I despise the guy, but that was funny.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 5
  • Love 19

I'm pretty sure a black hole of ignorance will be opened due to the competing forces of Abby's idiocy and Tyson's intelligence. We're now on Day Two of Meghan making the common-sense point that abandoning the Kurds makes the United States look untrustworthy. Abby, after this point has been made multiple times over two days: "But won't this make us look bad to our allies?"

Oh, dear. Meghan wants to filet Rand Paul.😲

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What is Meghan wearing? An evening gown?

I didn't see her walk out but is it is something very glittery!

She looks great 

Sunny is absent today because she's in LA she will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight apparently. 

• Love 1

Oh, how I wish Sunny had been there today, to explain to Meghan that what Congress is doing right now are depositions, which aren't done publicly, and the questioning is often done by staff attorneys.  Then when there are public hearings, members know the questions to ask that will elicit the pertinent facts and avoid hours of testimony that doesn't reveal anything important.  (Kurt Volker, their first witness, testified for 9 or 10 hours last week.)

Unlike Meghan, I'm sure Jim Jordan does know this, but the Republicans never let facts get in the way of one of their talking points - 'this is a travesty, and it's all taking place in the shadows!'

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

For those who watch the ID channel, Sunny has a new show. "The Whole Truth." I apologize if someone already mentioned it. I like her enough that I'll try it. I'm on the west coast, so haven't seen today's show yet.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, nokat said:

For those who watch the ID channel, Sunny has a new show. "The Whole Truth." I apologize if someone already mentioned it. I like her enough that I'll try it. I'm on the west coast, so haven't seen today's show yet.

She's not on today (tues)  i did see where shes going to be on Kimmel tonight

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Tammee said:

She's not on today (tues)  i did see where shes going to be on Kimmel tonight

If she's gone from the show, I will really miss her. I like her law knowledge on the show.

Meghan is really pretty with her hair in a bun.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jkspeaks said:

She looks great 

Sunny is absent today because she's in LA she will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight apparently. 

She does.  I really liked it too.  Im glad she brought up the Phoenix Lights.  Ive always wondered about that as well.  Even freakier to live under where they're passing over  👽  someone said something this morning that they have discovered 70 new moons around either Saturn or Jupitor.  Pretty cool, i love stuff like that.  Can you imagine if there were 70 moons floating around in orbit.  Very trippy!

Plus there be no need to go anywhere outside our Milky Way.  We could have a moon for beauty, makeup, hair etc.  So a moon for all those folks..shopping, groceries, utilities. Etc.  Everything could be organized on a moon for household stuff.  this a moon for that.  Probably auction a few off for charity.  I can dig it!  Plus theres a meteor shower tonight if you have clear skies.  Ok theres your Science minute with Tammy hah!

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, nokat said:

If she's gone from the show, I will really miss her. I like her law knowledge on the show.

Meghan is really pretty with her hair in a bun.

I know i dont want her to leave either. Shes one of the wise elders that keeps the show rolling in truths.  I think she could handle both shows.  Whoopi makes it work all the time.  I dont know if the new show is nightly or weekly.  Weekly would be better, give her chance to work out a schedule.  And what about location.  Is it in NYC?

• Love 4

What was said about the Phoenix Lights? I remember it so well. I bought the book and DVD about it. There was another incident in the SoCal desert around the same time. 

• Love 2

I felt sorry for Joy having to sit next to McCain today. I'm sure if that was my seat, I'd wear an earplug on the side nearest to her. I laughed when Joy pointed out the people still supporting Trump even with the withdrawal of forces from Syria. McCain wants so badly to paint her party as resistant to Trump and that just ain't factual. She even had the gall to say people in districts don't want impeachment even after the show's ANNOUNCER said a majority of the country is in support of impeachment. She is attempting to create an alternate reality. And the cherry on top of the craycray sundae was when she decided to make deGrasse's interview about aliens. Strap her to a chair and roll her away. It really is a disgrace ABC gives this kind of nutjob a platform.

I missed Sunny a great deal today, although at least Abby decided to counter McCain's nonsense during the Ukraine discussion. None of them really hit the mark in regards to the story of Trump removing troops from Syra, imo. Sunny was the one most likely to get it right, too bad she or Ana weren't there. And was it me or was Ana not on the mug? WTF.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

When Joy whispered back to Meghan, "Rand Paul's not scared of you either," along with a smile, I laughed! 

I hope that is what Joy said, but I think she said that he's afraid of her.  I like your interpretation better. 😁

When talking about the mug, Abby said that Whoopi was opening the cab door for Abby.  Whoopi rolled her eyes and looked to the audience or to Producer Brian and said: glad to be of service.  I took that to mean that she found it offensive to her.  I am kind of surprised they don't get sign off from the hosts on the mug.  And where the heck was Ana!? 😠

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, bannana said:

I hope that is what Joy said, but I think she said that he's afraid of her.  I like your interpretation better. 😁

When talking about the mug, Abby said that Whoopi was opening the cab door for Abby.  Whoopi rolled her eyes and looked to the audience or to Producer Brian and said: glad to be of service.  I took that to mean that she found it offensive to her.  I am kind of surprised they don't get sign off from the hosts on the mug.  And where the heck was Ana!? 😠

Meghan probably stomped her foot and held her breath, so they didn't include Ana🤷🏽‍♀️

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She is attempting to create an alternate reality.

She continues to live in her alternate reality where everyone is smokin' cee-gars and totin' them guns.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

According to Meghan it’s ok to turn a blind eye to the persecution of some people, as long as it’s not religious persecution

Welll....doesn't it have to be Christian persecution to qualify?

• Love 12
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

(Kurt Volker, their first witness, testified for 9 or 10 hours last week.)

I was surprised that when he was mentioned today, Meghan didn't comment that he was one of her best friends.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, no asskissing of Priyanka about how she's sooooo grrrreeaaaaaaaat?

There was a lot of adulation of Priyanka by pretty much all of them.  One good moment was when Meagain asked about the death of Pri's father.  Pri talked about how death should not be about mourning, but should be about celebrating the life that was.

7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She continues to live in her alternate reality where everyone is smokin' cee-gars and totin' them guns.

Oh this reminded of another idiotic MeAgain moment.  They were talking about a groom who wanted six groomsmen and the bride who wouldn't let him because she only had three friends.  (Easy solution, just have some of the groomsmen as ushers.)  Anyhoo, MeAgain decided to make the discussion about her.  What a surprise!  For not the first time she told us that:

• She did not even want to have a wedding
  • She didn't do a bouquet toss because it made single girls feel bad 😮
  • She didn't do a garter toss, but gave no explanation
  • It was her wedding, her way, with bourbon and cigars, and oh yeah, a poker table.

And she related all of this in her "I'm a middle of the country border state rootin' and tootin' kind of a gal" voice.

funny farm farmer GIF

Edited by bannana
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1

So Meghan says comparing Christians in Syria being persecuted for being Christians and Hispanics at the border being persecuted for being Hispanic is a straw man argument. I think she meant false equivalency. Either way she is wrong.  Each is horrific.

• Love 22
26 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Meghan says comparing Christians in Syria being persecuted for being Christians and Hispanics at the border being persecuted for being Hispanic is a straw man argument. I think she meant false equivalency. Either way she is wrong.  Each is horrific.

Exactly.  

She only cares about one of those problems, so only that one counts and gets her rootin' tootin' mad!

• Love 11
21 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I'm a Scorpio. I say I don't want the birthday attention, but secretly I do. 😁

I’m a Pisces; please scoot over and make room for me at your table! 😉

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, for God’s sake, Meghan, the problem with the impeachment hearings isn’t being behind closed doors, it’s the obstruction. Trump isn’t going to allow anyone to testify just because it’s being broadcast. Ok, put it on tv. The committees with no witnesses testifying. Crickets. Riveting tv viewing. 🙄

I think Meghan’s point is that you don’t get to do impeachment inquiries behind closed doors. You’re trying to sell the American people on the idea that this President needs to be removed, the previous election undone, you don’t get to just treat this like business as usual.

5 hours ago, lusinia said:

Oh, how I wish Sunny had been there today, to explain to Meghan that what Congress is doing right now are depositions, which aren't done publicly, and the questioning is often done by staff attorneys.  Then when there are public hearings, members know the questions to ask that will elicit the pertinent facts and avoid hours of testimony that doesn't reveal anything important.  (Kurt Volker, their first witness, testified for 9 or 10 hours last week.)

Unlike Meghan, I'm sure Jim Jordan does know this, but the Republicans never let facts get in the way of one of their talking points - 'this is a travesty, and it's all taking place in the shadows!'

Sunny likely would’ve said that, even though she knows better. Jim Jordan’s point was that during a formal inquiry the minority has certain “rights” as far as the proceedings go (like suggesting certain people get subpoenaed). By not holding a vote on opening a formal inquiry, Pelosi is holding all of the cards. It’s probably also to play the optics game of seeing how compliant the administration is going to be without a formal investigation so that when they get rebuffed, Schiff and others can run in front of the cameras and say Trump is obstructing and obviously hiding something. That’s why Meghan said what she did. Everybody but her and Abby don’t care as long as they get Trump, but there’s a reason why Jim Jordan said it was a kangaroo court. 

Edited by 27bored
3 hours ago, pinguina said:

I found it interesting when the ladies were discussing the orange guy's deciding not to support the Kurds that MM said something about how he (the orange guy) was not supporting Christians.   Then Joy (I think) said something like the people at the border are Christians, why not help them?  MM responded that they did not leave their home country due to religious persecution.  Then added that they don't get help because they're His....umm, (here she floundered a bit, then finally said,) Hispanic.  I don't know what to make of that particular comment - 🤔  Many things go through my mind, none of which I feel can be stated with clarity here.  

I did like that they brought up the fact that the orange guy has financial stakes in Turkey (ie. Istanbul).  Maybe making his decision based on what is good for HIM personally rather than our country, our allies?  

And MM again used the conversation about weddings  to tell about how rogue/independent/wild card she is when she talked about her "unconventional" wedding. (Then at the end threw in that she had a poker table too.)

I took her stumble of words as she didn't  want to label Trump a bigot. Which he is and is the reason he has certain views about immigrants unless they are from Norway.  Hispanics dont deserve help according to Trump and only because of their ethnicity. Meghan know that is what he thinks but has never once said it on The View. Until today. Meghan might "hate" Trump, but by admitting he treats people that are Hispanic terribly solely for their ethnicity will also mean she'd be laying that label on all the Republicans who support Trump "her team" and we all know as much as Meghan "hates" Trump she loves her team.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 14
54 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I took her stumble of words as she didn't  want to label Trump a bigot. Which he is and is the reason he has certain views about immigrants unless they are from Norway.  Hispanics dont deserve help according to Trump and only because of their ethnicity. Meghan know that is what he thinks but has never once said it on The View. Until today. Meghan might "hate" Trump, but by admitting he treats people that are Hispanic terribly solely for their ethnicity will also mean she'd be laying that label on all the Republicans who support Trump "her team" and we all know as much as Meghan "hates" Trump she loves her team.

I think she realized shortly into her rant that she was heading towards the word persecution and had no idea how to change the narrative 

4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Like his multiple sexual misconduct accusations?

Asked and answered 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm getting flashbacks to the Don't Feel Bad For Me, Bitch episode.

Megun got angry when Joy asked “Who? Black people? And immigrants? Who do they hate?”

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Bridget said:
On 10/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, gatopretoNYC said:

I'm a Scorpio. I say I don't want the birthday attention, but secretly I do. 😁

I’m a Pisces; please scoot over and make room for me at your table! 😉

I'm a Gemini and I truly don't care.  Forget me (even my kids). Surprise me.  Card me.  Low-key me.  Party me.  Restaurant me. It's all fine.   Surely I must have cared about it sometime.  I might care next year; I'll be EIGHTY!  EIGHTY YEARS OLD! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, falltime said:

I'm getting flashbacks to the Don't Feel Bad For Me, Bitch episode.

Megun got angry when Joy asked “Who? Black people? And immigrants? Who do they hate?”

Exactly.  This always a hard question to answer....who is this you speak of ....bitch.... I added this just because 😃

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And was it me or was Ana not on the mug? WTF.

Ana wasn't on the mug. I kept looking!

Those mugs are stupid but just the principle of the thing. She is co-host, too!

• Love 7