Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, DanceProf said:

So neither Gina nor Jayln are in the calendar(s) for 2020?  They put in Gabby, who was cut but not a current cheerleader?

Yes Lauren, Milan, Tara, Holly, and Erica all were in the calendar after they left!  It probably goes to print right after the shoot and after Kelli pics who’s in it!  It takes time to print thousands of calendars!  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Bon bon said:

Yes Lauren, Milan, Tara, Holly, and Erica all were in the calendar after they left!  It probably goes to print right after the shoot and after Kelli pics who’s in it!  It takes time to print thousands of calendars!  

(One past season they showed Kelli and Judy immediately pick the swimsuit calendar photos the day after they sent the vets back to Texas.  Though that may have been dramatized a bit for TV, I’m sure it has to go to print relatively quickly. Anyway I personally find it insightful as I think it matters to Kelli).

Since I always look up the final roster before the end of MTT, I always know the final cuts in advance. I’m not usually too surprised or emotionally attached (let’s be honest, it’s typically not a big surprise but someone who has been struggling, or just can’t get the kicks in time).  I don’t know why this year, but I’m dreading Shaina’s cut.   

If I didn’t know, I would think Lily is to be cut because facial expressions are a big deal (understandably) to Kelli.

• Love 2

1777914552_ScreenShot2019-10-09at9_08_51AM.png.91a4ddbd7230178ff30779a0617735f6.png

Is it just the perspective or illusion? Or is the placement of placing two shorter girls on the end  back point of the Thunderstruck triangle a mistake? Looks like a big drop off.

414861849_ScreenShot2019-10-09at9_08_41AM.png.c4788412bcbc623239418de489a70635.png

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

1777914552_ScreenShot2019-10-09at9_08_51AM.png.91a4ddbd7230178ff30779a0617735f6.png

Is it just the perspective or illusion? Or is the placement of placing two shorter girls on the end  back point of the Thunderstruck triangle a mistake? Looks like a big drop off.

414861849_ScreenShot2019-10-09at9_08_41AM.png.c4788412bcbc623239418de489a70635.png

Looks like the one in the back left also has her leg totally out of sync with the other girls 

• Love 1

Actually embarrassing how much thought I put into this😅 but... here's an ideal formation (blondes are bolded, show group is underlined)

Gina

Amy     Maddie

Heather   Tess     Lexie

Bridget   Ashlee    Amber   Caroline

Daphne   Rachel A  Hannah  Jalyn  Rachel W

Alanna   Miranda   Alexis       Erin       Molly     Cianna

Madeline  Brennan   Briana   Taylor J   Christina  Savannah  Kelcey

Victoria  Kristin     K/M      Taylor P    Chandi     Lily        Lisa       Amanda

First 5 rows I think are perfect but I keep switching around rows 6 and 7!

Edited by dccfan204
Switched Rachel A and Jalyn so it fits in a row
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Actually embarrassing how much thought I put into this😅 but... here's an ideal formation (blondes are bolded, show group is underlined)

Gina

Amy     Maddie

Heather   Tess     Lexie

Bridget    Ashlee    Amber   Caroline

Daphne      Jalyn     Hannah   Rachel A  Rachel W

Alanna    Miranda    Alexis       Erin       Molly      Cianna

Madeline  Brennan    Briana    Taylor J   Christina  Savannah   Kelcey

Victoria  Kristin   Kat/Mer   Taylor P    Chandi    Lily        Lisa      Amanda

you're hired!

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Gina

Amy     Maddie

Heather   Tess     Lexie

Bridget    Ashlee    Amber   Caroline

Daphne      Jalyn     Hannah   Rachel A  Rachel W

Alanna    Miranda    Alexis       Erin       Molly      Cianna

Madeline  Brennan    Briana    Taylor J   Christina  Savannah   Kelcey

Victoria  Kristin   Kat/Mer   Taylor P    Chandi    Lily        Lisa      Amanda

I’d do this:

Start off with Heather/Gina/Bridget

then:

Bridget

Caroline Amber 

heather Rachel W Gina

Jalyn Brianna  maddie Amanda

savannah, Erin, tall Taylor, tess, Hannah 

then I really don’t care who bc the rest are about the same except I’d hide Kat, Meredith, Christina. 

actually i I think you could interchange Gina, Heather, Bridget, Caroline, Amber, Jalyn, at point. Would be far better than this unattractive and lackluster mess they have now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I have to say I’ve seen our OT work a lot with people helping learn to use various kinds of appliances and it is amazing how many people need to learn to use electric can openers and have trouble. So I give VK a pass on that one. Plus she’s like 19 so prob not cooked a ton. Milk shakes don’t require can openers. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I have to say I’ve seen our OT work a lot with people helping learn to use various kinds of appliances and it is amazing how many people need to learn to use electric can openers and have trouble. So I give VK a pass on that one. Plus she’s like 19 so prob not cooked a ton. Milk shakes don’t require can openers. 

I read an article that said sales of canned tuna are down because millennials don't want to be bothered with opening the can, draining the oil, etc.  They would rather buy the pouch cause it saves time:)

The DCC is in a partnership with a meal prep service, so all they need is a microwave and a fork.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Meredith may not be everyone's favorite, but WOW, is she photogenic! They should post more pictures like this! I admire the photographer.

DCC Meredith 2.jpg

Ehh I'm not that impressed with that picture. Lol I do think she's pretty but that's.. idk. But to each their own. 

• Love 21
On 10/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, Sagwa5 said:

This is the formation we should have gotten.

picture.PNG

I know people never talk about her or even mention her name, but I don't know how to feel about Alanna being put way in the back. Other than that, I think this formation is pretty solid. When I get a chance to look at it a bit closer, I'd probably have other alterations, but I gotta give you credit on doing a better job than TPTB!

Well done!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Madeline's face in the background is priceless. I'm sure they just caught her at an off moment (there's a similar vibe from the background characters in the video grab), but I'm calling it subtle judgment of all of them. 😂

It's all cool. If last season, I had been called out for ... *checks the episode and gasps* ... putting my things in the "wrong locker" and had to put up with a cooking plotline, both on TV, the next season I'd be pretty pissed too. 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They had such great pictures of some of the cheerleaders, so leaving them out of the big calendars seems strange.  

I think all but three of the pics in the calendar are also in the swimsuit magazine.  But yes, lots of great pics this year.

46 minutes ago, Lona said:

I know people never talk about her or even mention her name, but I don't know how to feel about Alanna being put way in the back.

Look at it this way - she is "point" of the triangle for the fans watching on that side of the stadium:)  No one to follow in front or in back - she can be trusted to do the right moves.

36 minutes ago, Lona said:

It's all cool. If last season, I had been called out for ... *checks the episode and gasps* ... putting my things in the "wrong locker" and had to put up with a cooking plotline, both on TV, the next season I'd be pretty pissed too. 😂

I still want to know about the locker thing!!!!  And the guy who comes in to work with them seems really cool.  I follow him on IG and have his book.  If you look at Madeline's face, she seems to be rubbing her lips together and looking at something - maybe she's "hangry"😋

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Look at it this way - she is "point" of the triangle for the fans watching on that side of the stadium:)  No one to follow in front or in back - she can be trusted to do the right moves.

A refreshing way to look at things. Neat comment!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Ehh I'm not that impressed with that picture. Lol I do think she's pretty but that's.. idk. But to each their own. 

I think Meredith is pretty, but not as stunning as most seem to find her. I don’t think she’s even one of the prettiest on the team; IMO, she just doesn’t have that young, fresh faced look. I will never understand why Kelli thought she was such an asset to the team that she was worth throwing the standards out the window. 

The “healthy eating competition” sounds like more non dance related fluff that I’m not interested in watching. If I want to see content like that, I’ll watch the Food Network.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Looks like her eyes are rolling into her head like she’s possessed. She is stunning but not a DCC level dancer. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lona said:

I know people never talk about her or even mention her name, but I don't know how to feel about Alanna being put way in the back. Other than that, I think this formation is pretty solid. When I get a chance to look at it a bit closer, I'd probably have other alterations, but I gotta give you credit on doing a better job than TPTB!

Well done!

I just have never cared for Alanna.  I can't tell you why.  I don't like her looks (she isn't unattractive!), and after that dress she wore to etiquette training, I just eeekkk.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Someone tell those ladies to stop with the open mouth smile. 

Ugh. I co-sign this. I don’t know who started this trend or when it started, but it has to stop. It isn’t cute. Amanda doesn’t usually do this, but Amy does it constantly. And I like Amy, I just can’t take the open mouth fish look. 

Victoria has done it but she has a nice pretty smile in this photo. 

Is the “can opener” bit where we are supposed to glance knowingly at each and laugh, “Only Victoria!!!”? Asking just so I don’t offend Kelli with my reaction. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Lona said:

Well done!

I love Alanna! I think she is extremely underrated!! Her glow up from her rookie year is amazing. And a tan does her all kind of favours. She's a strong reliable dancer and seems like fun! Her and Bridget are super cute together. From an Aussie girl's perspective, Cali girls look like they have more fun 😉 (Bridget, Alanna, Maggie, Molly etc) 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Lona said:

Well done!

All of these proposals of formations are really amazing !  My recommendation would be to have cut Lily, Kat, Lisa. Merideth and Christina .  This is a year I think 32 would have been most optimal .  If need be an alternate then keep Christina just simply and only due to strictly seniority .

• Love 11

I'm wondering about the significance of some of the placements (especially for point) as the veterans of this year's squad retire, and how it might relate to the current triangle setup.  I'd love to see Maddie stay on, but if or when she retires, I'd love to see Ashlee or Bridget at point.  They both have sparkle when they dance, and I think they'd rock it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, forumborum said:

All of these proposals of formations are really amazing !  My recommendation would be to have cut Lily, Kat, Lisa. Merideth and Christina .  This is a year I think 32 would have been most optimal .  If need be an alternate then keep Christina just simply and only due to strictly seniority .

Lily, Meredith, and Kat would have been easy cuts right off the bat for me. I am shocked that Christina wasn’t a one and  done girl. Kelli must really like her.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Madeline's face in the background is priceless. I'm sure they just caught her at an off moment (there's a similar vibe from the background characters in the video grab), but I'm calling it subtle judgment of all of them. 😂

Awful photo of Amy. She looks like a trout spawning upriver and she is not pretty to begin with. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Lona said:

Y’all gonna make me buy season 13 aren’t you ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Awful photo of Amy. She looks like a trout spawning upriver and she is not pretty to begin with. 

I think Amy is what I would describe as (ironically) “cute.” She isn’t unattractive, but she also isn’t a head turner and I don’t think many men would give her a second glance on the street or describe her as sexy or beautiful. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

I think Amy is what I would describe as (ironically) “cute.” She isn’t unattractive, but she also isn’t a head turner and I don’t think many men would give her a second glance on the street or describe her as sexy or beautiful. 

Agreed, although I really like Amy. She has a perfect cheerleader look though, and has her place as a DCC for sure. My husband basically ignores MTT when I watch, but one of the only comments he has ever made about it was to say that Amy’s not really that hot 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, blairwaldorf said:

I think Amy is pretty, but I also think that all of the DCC are pretty.  Some are a bit more obvious than others.  Amy is like a quiet pretty, while some of the others are a turn it up to 11 pretty.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Anebnanie said:

I think Amy is pretty, but I also think that all of the DCC are pretty.  Some are a bit more obvious than others.  Amy is like a quiet pretty, while some of the others are a turn it up to 11 pretty.

I agree. However, I don't like her more bouncy style of dance. It's more cheerleadery and less stylized in my opinion. 

13 hours ago, El Burro said:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/99107-2019-auditions-finals-and-training-camp/?do=findComment&comment=5663743

Meredith, Kat, Lily! Vini, Vidi, Discite, Labor Durus, Vici. They came, they saw, they worked hard and they conquered. Let's see what they become in this process. Then, let us decide on K & J's judgement.

But it's so much more fun to discuss K & J's judgement now, especially when there is such a plethora of highly questionable decisions.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Lona said:

Well done!

I kind of agree with you. I wanted to place Rachel A and Alanna higher but there are just too many veterans in this years squad. And there is always the hair colour/higth thing. My logic was that the rigth back corner (from our viewpoint) is in my opinion much more significant than the left one because it gets more screen time during TS and thus it is a much more significant position than for example Mirandas position. It needs someone reliable and fun to watch - which we know Alanna is.

• Love 3

Amy....(other than what I suspect is an overexposure of sun) I applaud Amy for putting in the work to be the best version of herself. Everyone does not have model bone structure but she keeps herself slim and I suspect she'll be one of those women who stays healthy her entire life. However I was a little surprised at seeing her husband on camera last episode. I thought he was a dancer too and assumed he was still pretty fit. He looks so different than his picture on their dance site but maybe it was the camera angle.

1million_dollars.jpg

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Someone tell those ladies to stop with the open mouth smile. 

THANK YOU! Amy in that cooking pic with the same gaping molar mouth, it just comes off as trying way to hard... remember ladies just a simple pretty smile...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Amy....(other than what I suspect is an overexposure of sun) I applaud Amy for putting in the work to be the best version of herself. Everyone does not have model bone structure but she keeps herself slim and I suspect she'll be one of those women who stays healthy her entire life. However I was a little surprised at seeing her husband on camera last episode. I thought he was a dancer too and assumed he was still pretty fit. He looks so different than his picture on their dance site but maybe it was the camera angle.

1million_dollars.jpg

He married up, as we say. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

But it's so much more fun to discuss K & J's judgement now, especially when there is such a plethora of highly questionable decisions.

It's also safer to discuss their judgement instead of others😉

7 minutes ago, Sagwa5 said:

I kind of agree with you. I wanted to place Rachel A and Alanna higher but there are just too many veterans in this years squad. 

Too many veterans, too many strong dancers, etc.  K&J say it's become a badge of honor to move up, but I'm sure there are some that are just happy to make the overall formation.

15 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Amy....(other than what I suspect is an overexposure of sun) I applaud Amy for putting in the work to be the best version of herself. Everyone does not have model bone structure but she keeps herself slim and I suspect she'll be one of those women who stays healthy her entire life

5 year veteran, successful business outside of DCC, happy marriage, lots of friends, can eat a whole pizza and not gain weight - she's happy:)

• Love 15