Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, OK Lucy said:

The cheerleaders may be required by contract to use team doctors for all health concerns. It’s a common requirement in pro sports. It eliminates the risk of athlete misrepresenting an illness or injury, because they want to keep playing even if they shouldn’t. If they signed a contract like that VK would have been required to see a team doctor about her sudden weight gain of told to by an t am employee..

Because weight is so important, and because a woman under pressure to lose a large amount of weigh in a short time, they are an interest in her doing it in a healthy way. The recent episode with Bridget illustrates that.

Jinelle probably had the legal authority to contact the doctor and make sure JK was getting he care required. When she found our she hadn’t, it was her obligation to tell her superiors. It doesn’t matter if she lied VK or not, it was part of her job. It’s a sign of maturity that she did, not a sign of ratting someone out. 

I really doubt Jinelle had legal access to anything related to VK and her medical records or her weight.   That would be huge unnecessary invasion of her privacy.  

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Being overweight is not the same thing as calling off sick - and a doctors note for not being able to come to work is way different than an explanation for weight gain. 

I love how people are so willing to have VKs privacy about something as personal as her weight gain completely invaded and investigated by Jinelle and the DCC.   What next, hidden cameras following her around watching what she eats? 

And even if she did get a note that she had a medical excuse for gaining 13 pounds (or whatever it was) then what???  Were they gonna let her on the squad?  No.  It’s really none of their business why she gained that weight - if she was too fat they just needed to cut her - which they did.   They were out of line and probably realized it and that’s why it’s water under the bridge.

From Kelli's standpoint, she was trying to help Victoria address the weight gain. Because Victoria said it was from her thyroid problem, Kelli offered the doctors visit. 

However at the time I do recall feeling bad for Victoria and could completely understand why she would not want Jinelle appointed to follow her "condition." I empathized with Victoria in that regard and understand why an embarrassed 18 year old backed out of the situation.

Now the problem is that she handled the backing out unprofessionally and immaturely. Without favoritism in place, it's something Kelli may not have forgiven ever. When Brittany D'Alsandro was eight minutes late for a uniform fitting- she was cut and did not make it back to TCC the next year. Bottom line - yes Victoria is back and improved -- but yes - she benefits from favoritism - as do many.

4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I really doubt Jinelle had legal access to anything related to VK and her medical records or her weight.   That would be huge unnecessary invasion of her privacy.  

Agreed, it's a HIPPA violation to divulge that type of information. However, as previously stated there may have been some sort of waiver in place as VK was part of the organization at the time.

• Love 14

Being overweight is not the same thing as calling off sick - and a doctors note for not being able to come to work is way different than an explanation for weight gain. 

I love how people are so willing to have VKs privacy about something as personal as her weight gain completely invaded and investigated by Jinelle and the DCC.   What next, hidden cameras following her around watching what she eats? 

Isn't part of this whole scenario - that VK gave the reason for her weight gain as a medical one? Janelle did not take it upon herself to get involved in this matter. She was instructed to - by her superiors.  

Isn't is "illegal" to reprimand someone for an issue with work performance if it is due to a medical reason? Where did this whole "thyroid" issue come up if if VK had not volunteered it?

I think if VK volunteered the information that she had a medical condition that was causing detriment to her work performance (weight gain) then her employers have a "right" to verify the actual condition?

Edited by chabelisaywow
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, MamaMia said:

This is great! Do you have one of the actual formation you can share? 

I can do it but i haven't found a good picture to see the actual whole triangle.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sagwa5 said:

I can do it but i haven't found a good picture to see the actual whole triangle.

That would be great to see. There is a thunderstruck video on the DCC Facebook page. It's hard to make out who everyone is. I was interested too because there is something wonky about one of the sides. It's seems to be all tall and blonde and then they stuck two short brunettes on the end -- I think Lisa and Brianna. It looks unbalanced. 

32 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So Jinelle called up a doctors office and asked if VK showed up, and the doctors office told her yes or no?   I don’t think that’s even legal actually - unless she’s VK’s guardian.   Like employers really don’t have the right to dictate/manage things like their employees going to doctors except for a situation like worker’s comp/injury on the job or them being cleared to dance/work.   Whether or not VK has a medical issue causing her to gain weight or not is none of their business and the whole situation was completely inappropriate and boundaries were overstepped.  That could be a another reason they aren’t holding it against her.   If she was too heavy she deserved to be cut and she was - the reason was inconsequential.

I don’t know.  More like she’s over a decade older than VK and isn’t going to see herself as part of her “peer group” like someone similar in age would see themselves as more of a peer leader role. 

If I DNA a doctor's appt they call my house. it may even have been arranged through the DCC, is there doctor's coverage? in which case the doc's may well call to say 'hey, even though x didn't attend the appt, you're provider is still being charged for the appt'

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Isn't part of this whole scenario - that VK gave the reason for her weight gain as a medical one? Janelle did not take it herself to involved herself in this matter. She was instructed to - by her superiors.  

Isn't is "illegal" to reprimand someone for an issue with work performance if it is due to a medical reason? Where did this whole "thyroid" issue come up if if VK had not volunteered it?

I think if VK volunteered the information that she had a medical condition that was causing detriment to her work performance (weight gain) then her employers have a "right" to verify the actual condition?

I didn’t realize Victoria mentioned a medical issue. Many meds including bcp’s can cause a sudden weight gain. Stuff many of us women don’t want to share on television. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

i don’t think Aaron Rogers was trying to intimidate or bully Maddie. She was just some random person in close vicinity when he had a random rage moment and got in her face. Nothing personal. She or ang of them are pretty much non entities to him. 

Still doesn’t look good on him, as having random rage moments in people’s faces isn’t really acceptable behavior. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

If I DNA a doctor's appt they call my house. it may even have been arranged through the DCC, is there doctor's coverage? in which case the doc's may well call to say 'hey, even though x didn't attend the appt, you're provider is still being charged for the appt'

Victoria would be covered by her parents plan. The Affordable Care Act allows coverage for dependents until age 26. 

Edited by MamaMia
Elaborate
2 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Still doesn’t look good on him, as having random rage moments in people’s faces isn’t really acceptable behavior. 

It's a jerk move because he's not "picking on someone his own size." He'd say that to a cheerleader, maybe one of the photographers, but he wouldn't get in a Cowboys player's face and say that. Punk move.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, cgloss said:

It's a jerk move because he's not "picking on someone his own size." He'd say that to a cheerleader, maybe one of the photographers, but he wouldn't get in a Cowboys player's face and say that. Punk move.

I wouldn't put it past any footballer to say something like that to any other. Every hockey player i know has always gotten in the face of the opposition and whooped about something or other. has nothing to do with Maddie's size. likely just because she happened to be the person there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, MamaMia said:

Victoria would be covered by her parents plan at the age of 18 in most states. 

As a TCC, she may have been covered by the Cowboys organization for matters such as this.  Other gals in the past were covered for injuries sustained in camp.  

9 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Did we ever find out who sat out Sunday's game? And is that person sitting out the entire game or just Thunderstruck?

Rumor has it Molly performed in pre-game but not sidelines.  There is a video of her group, but can't see the girls on the end.

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

As a TCC, she may have been covered by the Cowboys organization for matters such as this.  Other gals in the past were covered for injuries sustained in camp.  

Rumor has it Molly performed in pre-game but not sidelines.  There is a video of her group, but can't see the girls on the end.

The ones on the end was Taylor j and kat and then other side was Hannah and Meredith 

• Love 1

I really hope the "explanation" for alternates is understandable. I think giving the girls time off during the season is understandable - but why would someone only perform for part of a game?  I hope it was Molly's choice (it was her birthday... so maybe).  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, MamaMia said:

I didn’t realize Victoria mentioned a medical issue. Many meds including bcp’s can cause a sudden weight gain. Stuff many of us women don’t want to share on television. 

Exactly.  And that’s why she may have lied, and tried to cover it up - and also why it’s completely 100% none of their business.   And Kelli being close w/ her mother complicates the situation even more.   And them having Jinelle prying around trying to force her to go to the doctors and checking up on it and investigating it actually makes my skin crawl and I can’t believe people are okay with it.   If she’s too fat, tell her...and then if she doesn’t fix it, cut her.  Which they did.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

IMO, she picked Caroline for point.

It sounded that way, but I thought the editing was so choppy that "Caroline" sounded spliced in to me.  In my mind the conversation went: Kelli: "Kashara, who would you think would make a good point?"  Kashara:  "Well, I think Amy would be best, but I also like Caroline." and they only left the "Caroline" part in.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It sounded that way, but I thought the editing was so choppy that "Caroline" sounded spliced in to me.  In my mind the conversation went: Kelli: "Kashara, who would you think would make a good point?"  Kashara:  "Well, I think Amy would be best, but I also like Caroline." and they only left the "Caroline" part in.

Yea, I can see that. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, cgloss said:

THIS THIS THIS!!!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Exactly.  And that’s why she may have lied, and tried to cover it up - and also why it’s completely 100% none of their business.   And Kelli being close w/ her mother complicates the situation even more.   And them having Jinelle prying around trying to force her to go to the doctors and checking up on it and investigating it actually makes my skin crawl and I can’t believe people are okay with it.   If she’s too fat, tell her...and then if she doesn’t fix it, cut her.  Which they did.

Jinelle that sneaky snake lol. I'm sure she was only doing what they/Kelli told her to do, so blame them. They wanted her to help Victoria and she tried but she didn't want it. I get if Jinelle was annoyed that VK just ignored her. She told her if she didn't want her help she should have just told her. Which I think would have been the right thing to do instead of ignoring texts and calls, and wasting Jinelle's time. Who knows what happened with the doctor thing. It was never mentioned on the show right? Just that VK didn't end up getting with Jinelle like they wanted her to?

• Love 13
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Exactly.  And that’s why she may have lied, and tried to cover it up - and also why it’s completely 100% none of their business.   And Kelli being close w/ her mother complicates the situation even mord.   And them having Jinelle prying around trying to force her to go to the doctors and checking up on it and investigating it actually makes my skin crawl and I can’t believe people are okay with it.   If she’s too fat, tell her...and then if she doesn’t fix it, cut her.  Which they did.  

I agree. I feel frustrated for her because she is so young and, as she said, got a lot of negative feedback for her actions. Words hurt and I am sure she got shredded. On the bright side, she has so much time to grow. I saw her last season like someone else said just quirky and goofy. In many ways, she reminded me of an annoying little sister that just blurts out stuff that she shouldn’t. I am happy she made the team and hope to watch her transition into the role of great teammate and cheerleader. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yeah I know. I just picked the one I found the most pictures of.

Not much difference, as you can see, but I just had to do my version because Gina and Heather were robbed so horribly (also because Tess looks so out of place and also Erin in fornt of tiny Briana)!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sagwa5 said:

This is the formation we should have gotten.

picture.PNG

Flippy flop Amy and heather and I would be okay with this one too. 

Why Amy (and Maddie) aren’t getting the Jinelle treatment is beyond my comprehension. I get that Maddie is a fan favorite, but she lacks sparkle and is constantly on weight watch. Amy is a solid soldier but timing is often off and she’s cute. Put her in Jinelle’s old spot or where Lexi or Ashlee are in the graph above to help her with timing. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Sagwa5 said:

Yeah I know. I just picked the one I found the most pictures of.

Not much difference, as you can see, but I just had to do my version because Gina and Heather were robbed so horribly (also because Tess looks so out of place and also Erin in fornt of tiny Briana)!

I like the one of gina at point tho 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Jinelle that sneaky snake lol. I'm sure she was only doing what they/Kelli told her to do, so blame them. They wanted her to help Victoria and she tried but she didn't want it. I get if Jinelle was annoyed that VK just ignored her. She told her if she didn't want her help she should have just told her. Which I think would have been the right thing to do instead of ignoring texts and calls, and wasting Jinelle's time. Who knows what happened with the doctor thing. It was never mentioned on the show right? Just that VK didn't end up getting with Jinelle like they wanted her to?

Maybe she didn’t feel like telling Jinelle, this woman who she barely knows who isn’t even close to her age and from a different country, her private matters, and was evasive because it was something sensitive.    Then next thing you know she’s getting these appointments scheduled for her and being texted constantly and finally ends up Kelli’s office being interrogated about it.

There are two sides to every story.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I really hope the "explanation" for alternates is understandable. I think giving the girls time off during the season is understandable - but why would someone only perform for part of a game?  I hope it was Molly's choice (it was her birthday... so maybe).  

There have been times when an injured cheerleader performed Thunderstruck but not the rest of the day.  If someone is our for Thunderstruck it really messes up the spacing.  I'm racking my brain trying to remember specifically when this happened, but...

2 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

Ok. It’s fun to speculate and all but I saw nothing in the episode that remotely supports Jinelle specifically “prying,” “force(ing),” or any other type of nefarious behavior. In fact she’s probably the last person around that place I could’ve imagined acting that way. All we saw was a carefully edited scene that left out a lot of details and subsequently a lot of questions hanging in the air.

I don’t think playing Secret Agent in Charge on Project ‘Beautiful Storm’ was ever something Jinelle wanted to do. I’m thinking J couldn’t wait to get a thousand miles away from that whole dumpster-fire assignment of ‘helping’ VK.

Exactly. 'prying' 'forcing' is such loaded wording, especially when she did neither.  Not to mention, how much of it was set up for *le drama* of 'reality' tv? 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, DanceProf said:

So neither Gina nor Jayln are in the calendar(s) for 2020?  They put in Gabby, who was cut but not a current cheerleader?

We haven’t seen pictures for the small calendar or the box calendar so they maybe in it 

4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Maybe she didn’t feel like telling Jinelle, this woman who she barely knows who isn’t even close to her age and from a different country, her private matters, and was evasive because it was something sensitive.    Then next thing you know she’s getting these appointments scheduled for her and being texted constantly and finally ends up Kelli’s office being interrogated about it.

Well the appointment was made for a reason. She had to have told her or someone that the reason she was gaining weight might have been from a medical issue. Otherwise why would it be made in the first place? If she was just gaining weight from not working out enough outside of practice or eating bad, she wouldn't need a doctor right? So that is on her if she said it was a medical issue. She let them know her business! Like I said she could have just told Jinelle or Kelli even that she didn't want help from her, and she would try another way. Ignoring her and wasting her time isn't right if that's what she did. They set her up with Jinelle and expected her to get with her but she didn't so then she got in trouble. No big deal. Ha

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree with this and said so at the time. I would have hated having Jinelle as a little "bird on my shoulder." I get that Kelli thought she was helping but as a person who struggles with weight, I would declined Jinelle's help right then and there.  Wasn't the main issue  - that Victoria didn't communicate her desire to address the weight issue on her own? Instead, she just ignored and/or avoided Jinelle. Honestly I need to rewatch because I remember thyroid and that's not from the TV - it's from this forum! HAHA!

1 hour ago, chabelisaywow said:

Isn't part of this whole scenario - that VK gave the reason for her weight gain as a medical one? Janelle did not take it upon herself to get involved in this matter. She was instructed to - by her superiors.  

Insiders said VK blamed her weight gain on a medical condition - this was not verified on the show that she said this, but that was what was said on here.  I think it being a thyroid was just a speculation that spiraled into a fact on here when it was never actually said even by the insiders that that is what VK allegedly said the condition was.

Even if she did tell Jinelle that, no, the DCC does not have a right to verify it IMO - that’s 100% prying.  Her medical issues for weight gain are her personal business and not theirs.  They can advise she go to a doctor, but can’t force her and certainly shouldn’t be calling and trying to figure out if she went and what the diagnoses was.

Whatever the reason was for a her weight gain, she wasn’t going to make the squad that heavy.  What is she gonna do?  Dance w/ a doctors excuse on her belly for the fans to see and think “oh it’s all okay this one is fat, she’s got a medical reason”.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Sagwa5 said:

So here is the actual formation (I think?) and the formation I prefer side by side.

picture2.PNG

picture.PNG

Thank you! That looks right. So when they have heather and then Erin (taller blondes) followed by much shorter Brianna and Lisa it looks unbalanced on that side.  There is a sharp drop off in height and almost appears as if the corner is clipped off. On the other side, the heights are more evenly distributed.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Insiders said VK blamed her weight gain on a medical condition - this was not verified on the show that she said this, but that was what was said on here.  I think it being a thyroid was just a speculation that spiraled into a fact on here when it was never actually said even by the insiders that that is what VK allegedly said the condition was.

Insiders said thyroid.  Because those of us with a thyroid condition went crazy:)

And honestly, if it had been thyroid, the best thing for her was to have it diagnosed ASAP to start treatment.  I say that cause it can take forever to figure out dosage/treatment, etc cause everyone is so different.

I can see Kelli, being so close to her and wanting to help, thinking that having Jinelle work with her was a good idea.  A female and former DCC, instead of sending her to Jay like she did with girls in the past.  Either way, gaining the weight that fast was not healthy and VK needed help, whether from Jinelle or someone else.  Jinelle was in the building so to speak.  I still think she needed outside help from someone who was outside the situation, but it worked out in the end.  She lost the weight and seems to be maintaining it - hopefully in healthy way that will continue.

1 minute ago, MamaMia said:

I don’t believe she was power drinking milkshakes. Makes more sense something else was going on at that time. 

Yep!!!  That's why I think she needed to see an "outsider" for help

• Love 2

I thought word was that Jinelle made an appointment for Victoria & the doctor let Jinelle know that Vic didn't show up.  IIRC, all they showed on the show was Victoria saying she didn't want help from someone who never had a weight problem.

• Love 7

giphy.gif

This topic will be unlocked later today, with the understanding that the forum rules must be followed.  Namely, STOP TALKING ABOUT EACH OTHER and STAY ON TOPIC

This is a topic for general spoilers, not a free-for-all to discuss anything you feel like talking about or regurgitating garbage from past seasons which should be discussed in.. wait for it... the Past Seasons topic. 

Since your mods don't like punishing everyone for a few bad apples, anyone who can't follow these rules will lose their posting privileges entirely.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20