Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Regarding Aaron Rodgers; I wonder if he said something to Maddie on the field? I've seen video of players being on the field before performances are done. Maybe he told her to move or something?? Spill the deets, Kristi! 

This is what Shelly said in one of the Facebook groups. 

A861A12A-370F-48D5-AE6B-28BF01A659B2.jpeg

• LOL 1

Ok, so finally got some time to organize my thoughts on this episode and gotta say it really didn't leave me with a good feeling on the whole. Usually as we get close to the end I'm excited to see the final roster & you can feel the excitement rise, but I personally feel like it's limping to the finish. It certainly didn't start strong with the media training. I did think that Kelcey & Lily did well with their responses & it was nice to see Kristen finally get noticed during the podcast. Kat had a good attitude, but I think she was trying too hard to cover everything with her answers to the questions which is what made her ramble a bit. Meredith was just....cringeworthy doesn't even begin to cover it. More like watching a train crash.

I used to think she was just as bad as "there's 50 yards on the field" Kelsey, but now I think she's worse. Kelsey at least would fight her way through it and still smile, but Meredith withers away. I mean you could see as VK responded Meredith's smile fell and she looked down and then she was practically hypervetilating over the election question. And speaking of VK, I thought she seemed a little smug as she answered the question about the player transferring. I could practically see her thinking "guess I found my words now bitches!" Oh and I don't believe for a minute that VK was randomly paired with Meredith for that segment. I think they put VK with the weakest person on purpose in order to make her look better. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if they let her know the questions ahead of time.

As for Julia, I really feel that this was just a case of her not thinking before she spoke. I truly think she was just wanting to convey that she's trying to be a well-rounded person in her career and that she has respectable goals for herself and sadly just used the wrong words. In comparing her to someone like Kalyssa, Julia seems to love dance, has respect for the Cowboys organization & really wants to be there. In the case of Kalyssa. I always thought she was insincere & didn't have the same obvious enjoyment of cheering that others like Maddie & KaShara had. And of course, we now know that Kalyssa's goals for joining the team were more mercenary & selfish. I don't get that vibe from Julia, but unfortunately thanks to Kalyssa's actions they are now watchful & suspicious of anyone's future career goals & Julia's words (which may have been overlooked pre-Kalyssa), put her under their microscope & she couldn't work her way out of it.

In regards to the whole point of the triangle thing, I think it was handled poorly. I think that Kelli & Judy should have made it clear from the start of the practice that the point would be shared such as saying "ok, so we are going to be changing it up this year and our points will be..." I watched when Judy called for Maddie to come forward for the 2nd triangle & Amy's jaw was practically on the ground so she clearly expected to be the point for the whole time. And then for Judy to say in the voiceover that the second part of the triangle called for sharper moves & that Maddie is better at that...well that's a slap in the face to Amy. If I was her watching the episode and heard that, I'd be so hurt. First your bestie Kashara picks Caroline for point over you & then Judy basically implies you're not sharp enough for both triangles.

In watching the field practices, I was just really ticked off at Melissa for speaking against Shaina and saying she was marking it. I'm like "Hello! Meredith is making mistakes all over the place and you are picking on Shaina who was doing it right & smiling the whole way through?" I'm sorry but if you think that Meredith is afraid to give 100%, then you shouldn't be giving her your sticker! Other things I noticed was that VK was again slightly behind the vets in her row while they were walking out and I wasn't happy with Kelli's snide comment about Jalyn rallying herself after being cut from show group. Excuse me Kelli, but Jalyn rallied herself that same night you cut her from show group and has been doing wonderfully ever since so save it!

As for Julia's visit with K&J, I felt so bad that they put her through that. I don't know if it was CMT wanting her there for filming or if it was K&J's call, but Julia was clearly not in the best condition to be there. She looked really lethargic and she said herself that her head was hurting and that she was all bruised up (she probably had deep tissue contusions). Yeah they made the right call in not talking to her about the media training, but it still left me with a bad feeling, particularly after Kelli told Julia that she needed to calm down.

After watching K&J talking about how they are struggling & how difficult it is to pick the team, I'm over it. There are several obvious cuts that could be made, but if they are going to turn a blind eye to those that are clearly displaying sub-par dancing and a lack of camera-reddiness, they get no sympathy from me.

As for next week, let's see what they do with cameos. Given how underwhelming everything else has been, I don't have high expectations. I do hope the Vet that fainted is ok though.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Spooky said:

Regarding Aaron Rodgers; I wonder if he said something to Maddie on the field? I've seen video of players being on the field before performances are done. Maybe he told her to move or something?? Spill the deets, Kristi! 

This happened before the game ??? ? I heard (via Joe Buck and Troy Aikman) that Aaron did come out during pre-game warmups to talk to Randel Cobb, who used to play for the Packers. 

Good game.. very good game. Kinda  a nailbitter at the end.

For the record - for those who live elsewhere and have to see the Dallas game on network tv  (in tonight's case Fox)- we really don't see the DCC. just when the play goes onto the sidelines where they happened to be standing. 

Nice to see the discussion actually mentioned the football game at hand.. 🙂

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Not only if she was concussed, but if they gave her any type of pain meds, they can mess with your thinking/speaking as well.

I remember one time my dentist wanted me to try Tramadol to relax my jaw muscles (I'm a champion grinder) -- when he prescribed them he told me they can mess you up and told me how he said something totally inappropriate and off the wall to his supervisor when he had to take them in dental school -- told his supervisor "wow, I love you, man" or something when he critiqued some of his work -- the Tramadol didn't relax my jaw muscles, but I did end up calling the lady cashier in the grocery store "sir" 😂.

After additional thought, I wonder if the media interviews were conducted after Julia's car accident, but they sliced the footage to make it look like the interviews occurred before.   That would explain Julia's response if she's on paid meds and/or she had a concussion.  

So it's taken me like 3 weeks to actually get caught back up with this thread but I have finally read all of it. Woo...

Regarding Sam F, the girl can't dance. I wish I could find the old video that showcased her during a prep class, but it got lost in the archives. She is a pretty girl who could likely be uniform ready if she wanted to be, but that won't mean she gains rhythm...which is what she lacks. The video showed zero musicality. 

As for Julia, her cut makes sense now even if I disagree with it. I do think she put her foot in her mouth, but I appreciated the route she tried to take. The fact that Meredith and Kat have made the team, but Julia was cut is just...well, I have no words.

One of Kelli's best attributes is her eyes and unfortunately, they give her away even when her mouth is trying to convey something different. I firmly believe Shaina got cut because she didn't give Kelli the show worthy segment with the pastor visit that she wanted. I didn't see Shaina marking it and even if she was, maybe an office visit to check on her mental health would be in order. 

I don't have many feelings towards Lisa, positive or negative, but she strikes me as a one-year girl. I also think Kat and Meredith should be 1 year girls, but probably won't be. 

The point editing was horrible and Amy's interactions with her husband awkward. I'm glad it's her last year. I also hope it's Maddie's last year. Unfortunately for Heather, I think her past incident has cost her any consideration for the spot but I think she deserved it more than A&M. That said, Gina was and continues to be robbed. 

Bridget please eat...please. 

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Regarding Sam F, the girl can't dance. I wish I could find the old video that showcased her during a prep class, but it got lost in the archives.

I knew I should have tagged you - someone posted it not long ago.  It was from Sarah G's IG, but I am trying to remember who posted it and on what thread.

1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

As for K&J talking about how they are struggling & how difficult it is to pick the team, I'm over it. There are several obvious cuts that could be made, but if they are going to turn a blind eye to obvious sub-par dancing and camera-reddiness, they get no sympathy from me.

I thought last year was bad, but this year is worse

1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

In watching the field, I was just really ticked off at Melissa for speaking against Shaina and saying she was marking it. I'm like "Hello! Meredith is making mistakes left & right and you are picking on Shaina who was doing it right & smiling the whole way through?"

Yes, new drinking game - every time Melissa says Meredith is "stunning!"  We get it.  You like her look.  She tried to explain on her podcast why she likes her - met her, sweet and nice.  Right.  And Kelli likes her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, meb1130 said:

This is what Shelly said in one of the Facebook groups. 

A861A12A-370F-48D5-AE6B-28BF01A659B2.jpeg

That board is going crazy about it. The word "rude" pops up so much that you could play a drinking game.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I knew I should have tagged you - someone posted it not long ago.  It was from Sarah G's IG, but I am trying to remember who posted it and on what thread.

I thought last year was bad, but this year is worse

Yes, new drinking game - every time Melissa says Meredith is "stunning!"  We get it.  You like her look.  She tried to explain on her podcast why she likes her - met her, sweet and nice.  Right.  And Kelli likes her.

Eeek! Thank you! Once you told me where to find it, I could find it quickly. Now I will link it so I never lose it again and will continue to reference it anytime anyone suggests Sam F should try out for the DCC. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8xdzEnU42/

• Love 1

Aaron Rogers is such a badass that he talks trash to a cheerleader. 🙄

What’s next? He gets in Rowdy’s face after a score? Knocks over the Gatorade guy? Flips off Erin Andrews? 

#dick

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I’m glad she was! I understand the importance of a wedding but if she missed a gameday for a wedding, I’d say the DCC has gotten soft. 😂

The wedding was On Friday!  

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

That board is going crazy about it. The word "rude" pops up so much that you could play a drinking game.

While I dont think it's a massive deal it could be very intimidating. Maddie is pretty tiny and having a massive player in your face could be a bit physically scary regardless of what they say. 

If he wants to be all aggressive do it to another player not a cheerleader on the sidelines

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, sATL said:

This happened before the game ??? ? I heard (via Joe Buck and Troy Aikman) that Aaron did come out during pre-game warmups to talk to Randel Cobb, who used to play for the Packers.

Not today's game.  Kristi was talking about it on the bus on the way to the stadium.

5 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I'm sure they were joking. Lol we know now that Madeline was at the game. They were just mistaken for a bit. No biggie.

I'm sorry if I missed it, but do we know who was missing from today's game?

12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

In real life is Kat still performing? I know early on she was seen and thought to be alternating. She's not posted much on social media for a long while.

Both Kat and Meredith were dancing on the sidelines yesterday (Sunday) against Green Bay.  I saw it on TV.  What happened to alternating?

Edited by Weeklydcc
Day
8 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

Can you provide some examples?!

Ummm...Whitney dressing in blackface, Jenna’s partying and fraternizing.  VK didn’t go to a freakin’ doctor appointment - it’s not a big deal at all - people have caused a organization great shame and weren’t even kicked off the squad.  I don’t think they even wanted to cut Holly, but she quit.  There was also 50 yard line Kelsey who embarrassed herself in TC and eventually made the squad.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Couple questions about the hiphop halftime....

1.  Where is Amy in this formation and 
  2. Who sings this/what's the name of it?

Maddie looking puffy in this too - smh.   I always forget her name, but that one who looks like Demi Moore looks great in this.    Rachel W looks gorgeous as always.   They actually have VK in a visible placement and she actually looked kinda good - I’m surprised cause she doesn’t strike me as the type of dancer who would be good at fake hip hop.

Edited by MyFavShows
9 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Once again, Victoria blamed her massive weight gain on a medical condition.  Fine.  But then when they set up a doctor's appointment for her, she 1) didn't go and 2) lied about going.  Further, there is evidence that she lied about even having that medical condition to begin with.  Finally, when she was caught, she threw a DCC employee under the bus.  

I'm sorry, but NOBODY has done worse than that and still been reconsidered. 

We can debate whether VK deserves a second-chance, but let's not rewrite history in an attempt to justify her spot on the team.

That stuff about her lying about a medical condition was never confirmed on the show.   All that was shown was Jinelle trying to set her up with some doctor (or maybe it was a nutritionist) appointment and her not responding to texts cause she didn’t want to go.   She’s since proved that she was able to get the weight off with a method of her choosing hasn’t she?  So not sure why her not taking that advice/help matters anymore anyways.

Honestly If not showing up at a doctor/nutritionist appointment and/or ignoring some texts about it is the worst thing an 18 year old does, they are in pretty good shape.   It’s not a scandal.   A young person didn’t feel like be forced to go see a doctor to talk about how overweight she was - gasp!

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

That stuff about her lying about a medical condition was never confirmed on the show.   All that was shown was Jinelle trying to set her up with some doctor (or maybe it was a nutritionist) appointment and her not responding to texts cause she didn’t want to go.   She’s since proved that she was able to get the weight off with a method of her choosing hasn’t she?  So not sure why her not taking that advice/help matters anymore anyways.

The topic of weight is such a sensitive subject for women I feel like she was little embarrassed abt it 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

The topic of weight is such a sensitive subject for women I feel like she was little embarrassed abt it 

And teenagers often just get evasive and run away from/ignore unpleasant things like that instead of dealing with them.  Heck not even just teenagers, but adults.  Sometimes you just don’t want to go talk to a stranger about how fat you are - it’s not fun.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

Anyone else want to hear the full story behind Aaron Rodgers being mean to Maddie at a former visit to AT&T stadium? Kristie talks about it on Kelli’s Instastory. I will say I have heard stories of this guy being mean to people so I wasn’t surprised. But how can you be mean to Maddie? I understand why some people on this message board have issues with her in regards to dance and appearance but I have never heard she was anything but a nice person and I can’t imagine why anyone would be mean to her.

*slowly picks up pitchfork*

Bring it on, Aaron Rodgers 😡

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

The DCC facebook page posted a video of the kickline from today's game. In the beginning of the video, a blonde seems to get tripped up and misses her passé. I wasn't looking for any mistakes but it stuck out to me like a sore thumb right away. Can't tell if it was her fault or the person next to her pulling on her shoulder or something. I also can't tell who it is since there are like 58 blondes on the team.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I feel bad for Amy.  She had to parade around acting excited that she’s point.  She has 1/3 the time at point than does Maddie.  What’s worse is that of all the TS videos on the DCC FB page, only two dated 8/28 feature Amy’s part. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dbell1 said:

What’s next? He gets in Rowdy’s face after a score? Knocks over the Gatorade guy? Flips off Erin Andrews? 

Aaron Rodgers:

"AND
*Dropkicks Hannah*
THAT'S
*Pushes Gina to the floor*
HOW
*Knocks over Jalyn*
IT'S
*Legdrops Heather*
DONE!"
*Flips off Brennan*

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Comments on here, FB, IG and Kelli's own social media blasting her for what she did.  That too was well deserved:)

Ya know you done effed up when both the Forum and Facebook fandoms are united against ya! 😂

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Sorry but why are Kat and Meredith alternating performing? I’ve been off the board.

Insiders have said that after last year’s injuries/illnesses, they wanted backup.  Since the organization will only pay for 36 girls on the field, Kat and Meredith alternate.  Shelly B said we will find out on the show.

Apparently it is cheaper than using All Stars🤷‍♀️

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

While I dont think it's a massive deal it could be very intimidating. Maddie is pretty tiny and having a massive player in your face could be a bit physically scary regardless of what they say. 

If he wants to be all aggressive do it to another player not a cheerleader on the sidelines

It makes him feel more manly, to get all badass in a women's face. Another man would just punch his lights out!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Isolabella said:

The DCC facebook page posted a video of the kickline from today's game. In the beginning of the video, a blonde seems to get tripped up and misses her passé. I wasn't looking for any mistakes but it stuck out to me like a sore thumb right away. Can't tell if it was her fault or the person next to her pulling on her shoulder or something. I also can't tell who it is since there are like 58 blondes on the team.

Ouch. Yeah, that’s bad. I watched it like 5 times trying to figure it out but can’t. It sort of looks like Kat to me, but she’d have had to change to a very blonde wig, so I doubt it. 

24 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Actually it WAS confirmed (to a degree) on the show by Kelli herself, at least the lying part was if not what it was about (the medical condition vs. the nutrition).  In her talking head before that meeting, she said "something happened prior to rehearsal between Jinelle and Victoria.  Jinelle volunteered her time to help Victoria with nutrition and I'm not accusing anybody of dishonesty but there is something not adding up and I want to explore that."  Jinelle doesn't strike me as someone who would have lied to Kelli about anything, ever, during her time on the squad.  We didn't know anything about Victoria at the time but what was on the show.  That statement by Kelli herself says that someone lied about something and the way it was stated seemed to me that Kelli knew it wasn't Jinelle but didn't want to admit that Victoria had lied.  Then Victoria seemed to lie to Kelli's face in that same scene.

That totally could be that she lied about that she’d go to an appointment - the her lying about having a medical condition that led to her weight gain was never confirmed.   And regardless, the reasons why she gained so much weight last year really doesn’t matter - they cut her for it, and now she’s back and looks great.    If you really expect them to pass on a great candidate cause an 18 year old was embarrassed about some weight gain and avoided going to a doctor/nutritionist appointment over it, I think that just wishful/vindicative thinking.

VK is beautiful, young (can give a lot of years to the organization) and a great dancer.   She needed to come back better and thinner to get another chance and she did - sorry to those who want her blacklisted for some stupidnon-consequential stuff    If they’ll take a girl who didn’t know how many yards there were on a football field on national TV, I think they’ll deal w/ someone avoiding a doctor appt, especially when she clearly fixed the issue they wanted her to go to a doctor about.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3