Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

If they insist on Maddie and Amy in triangle then st least out Gina in there so you have all three not the best lookers but Gina is far better than the whole damn diamond. 

Snipped by me

IMO her being too good and too extra is why she shouldn’t be point (also a little bit her face).   She would be out in front and I think it would look weird to have the rest of the triangle not doing the same exact things as her. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Snipped by me

IMO her being too good and too extra is why she shouldn’t be point (also a little bit her face).   She would be out in front and I think it would look weird to have the rest of the triangle not doing the same exact things as her. 

Agreed.  When you look at camera shots, Gina always has her hair flying when everyone else isn't.  My husband said she looks like a snooty bitch that needs 10 hamburgers.  I don't get why everyone else loves her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, OK Lucy said:

Yes, that is one heck of a photoshop.

The picture is a screenshot of the latest dccmakingtheteam instagram video post. So no photoshop there, only low resolution and a whole lot of make up!

1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

Lisa's pose isn't so flattering either. Her knees bent like that (combined with the boots coming up so high) just make her look so much shorter. I'm actually surprised that she made the team because Kelli has cut people who were on the short side. I remember during Vivian the poet's cameo photo shoot in her first training camp, Kelli said something about how it looked like the boots were swallowing her legs. Then Vivian got cut right after.

Viv was a hot mess for sure, but when I look at that picture, I see exactly the same thing as with Vivian. Boots swallowing her leg. She’s a little tiny girl. She doesn’t  have the “long, lean American thigh” Kelli fawns over. Truth be told, that’s part of the reason I think Kelli is so far up Victoria’s behind. I think she’s around my height (5’7, 5’8?)

Edited by tteek74
Typo- 🙄
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, tteek74 said:

Viv was a hot mess for sure, but when I look at that picture, I see exactly the same thing as with Vivian. Boots swallowing her leg. She’s a little tiny girl. She doesn’t not have the “long, lean American thigh” Kelli fawns over. Truth be told, that’s part of the reason I think Kelli is so up Victoria’s behind. I think she’s around my height (5’7, 5’8?)

I think Victoria has said she is 5'9".  I don't know how tall MacKenzie Lee, Makenzi Swicegood or Britney Evans are - thinking of the end of the kickline, but they were shorter with thinner legs.  Watching the uniform fittings when Danielle and Jasmine are taking pics of each other, and I believe it's Jessica Marie who walks by them to leave the room.  She was a tiny little thing, but she has the long skinny legs that look good in the boots.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

Lisa's pose isn't so flattering either. Her knees bent like that (combined with the boots coming up so high) just make her look so much shorter. I'm actually surprised that she made the team because Kelli has cut people who were on the short side. I remember during Vivian the poet's cameo photo shoot in her first training camp, Kelli said something about how it looked like the boots were swallowing her legs. Then Vivian got cut right after.

Kelli said Vivian's legs looked like drumsticks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

But taking a short girl into camp and then "discovering" six weeks later that she's got short legs that don't look good in the boots is dumb.

Yeah, cause it's not like K&J to make dumb decisions😜

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Mar35 said:

How could multiple people think it was flattering to have two tone hair and approve this? It looks like she has a blonde hair piece sitting on top of her dark hair. She is so gorgeous; and yet, this is what Kelli and Marshall do to her. Did tangerine just give up? Did they not have enough color to finish? Maybe they were going for a dirty blonde to balance out all of the awful over bleached one dimensional blonde on all the other girls, but that’s me being generous.

9D5C48EF-B14B-4068-9C32-6EE1688C2351.jpeg

Where I'm from (New Zealand) this kinda of colouring is usually associated with bogan woman, which in American would be similar to trailer trash. It's a pity they have stuffed her hair cause she's def one of their stars. They need to make either all of her hair light brown with blonde highlights or just the dark brown colour only.

Edited by Jesiklyn
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, phylogeny said:

Daaaaamn, Kat. From that picture, I suspect cameo day is what locked in her spot on the team, but I guess we'll see shortly.

Exactly.  When they were fawning all over her I said “And Kat just made the team.”

• Love 14

Yes I hate Caroline's hair color this year. Like figure something out for it. Lol and I'm sorry but Meredith just doesn't do it for me. She's got those striking, beautiful eyes which really stand out, but the rest of her face isn't that special. Idk why Kelli acts like she's the prettiest girl she's ever seen. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mar35 said:

How could multiple people think it was flattering to have two tone hair and approve this? It looks like she has a blonde hair piece sitting on top of her dark hair. She is so gorgeous; and yet, this is what Kelli and Marshall do to her. Did tangerine just give up? Did they not have enough color to finish? Maybe they were going for a dirty blonde to balance out all of the awful over bleached one dimensional blonde on all the other girls, but that’s me being generous.

9D5C48EF-B14B-4068-9C32-6EE1688C2351.jpeg

It looks like a pull through the cap “Frost” color from the 70s. And she is gorgeous. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Those boobs look ridiculous!

I think she is just classically beautiful. Now she needs to let the air out of those implants. They don’t fit her frame. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

At least someone was brave enough to say, "It was rigged!" after the winners were announced in the cooking contest.

Of course it was Victoria's group that won. Lol how did they even decide who was gonna compete? 

30 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

That reaction made me wonder what else was said in the office visit that was left on the cutting room floor. The reaction did not match the visit we saw. 

I thought that too. And it could have been partly about Kelli saying she insulted LA dancers. I probably would have been mad about that too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I didn't realize Alanna was Hispanic

1 minute ago, PhillyFan said:

It is though?

He fixed it.  Maybe try closing and reopening your browser. Oh you're talking about the LIVE chat topic? It's supposed to be locked now.  Only open during the episodes.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed wording

Good grief was anyone else screaming "F U Kelli" at the TV during that office visit with Julia? I know Julia's comments during media day were off base but geez "now you've insulted LA dancers"?!? Where is this disgust/white hot hate/bitchy attitude towards these "non-favorites" (Julia, Shaina, Madeline S) coming from this year? Kinda going low IMO. 

Okay okay I have to admit, VK did look really pretty during cameos. Her hair looked great (not so outdated) and her figure was amazing. There. I said it. Moving on....😀

Edited by Jessied84
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, The Bee Charmer said:

She said "Fuck that."  

Agree, she definitely had an attitude about being talked to.  They made the right decision to cut her.  And after K&J see it, she’s a don’t come back.  Keira level attitude...

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Did she though? There was a longer pause between the words than is usually there when people are spitting out “fuck that” in anger. 

Maybe she emphasized each word. Like, "Fuck...That!"

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I was trying to multitask when the episode was airing live.  Who did they move around in the groups again?

They moved Meredith from the 48 yard line, to the 44th, by putting Victoria between her and Lily. It really threw Meredith for a loop.

Edited by Muckypup61
punctuation
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

They moved Meredith from the 48 yard line, to the 44th by putting Victoria between her and Lily. It really threw Meredith for a loop.

Thanks! I gotta learn to multitask better.  I actually got to watch almost the entire episode for the first time this season but I was trying to do other things at the time....shame on me!

• LOL 1
45 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Some men prefer the cute or attractive gals over the untouchable beauties. Thus Maddie, Amy, Christina, etc. are popular with them. Others love the stunningly beautiful ladies such as Rachel W. Some prefer the more exotic look such as Hannah.

As many have noted, it really does seem like there are different kinds of beauty for everyone on the squad.  I've always been fascinated by the concept, and yesterday I was out poking through some used books and I found that old "what is your season" beauty book from back when people had more eyeshadow than sense (not a slam, right now it's brow pencil and fillers than sense, so pick your poison I suppose).  I don't entirely like the idea of categorizing people, but it's fun to speculate about, so in the spirit of that book and DCC beauty (and since I have way too much time on my hands right now), I'm going to run through the whole roster with my opinions.

Glam girl beautiful

Rachel W, Briana, Caroline, Victoria, Lexi, Savannah, Kat

Classic girl-next-door beautiful

Bridget, Ashlee, Heather, Alanna, Erin, Cianna, Kelcey, Chandi

Sporty beautiful

Christina, Amy, Lily, Taylor J, Lisa, Rachel A

Pre-Raphaelite beautiful

Maddie (she had this beautiful promo pic for some classes she was running with Michelle Keys quite a while ago, and it had that kind of vibe to it, so that's always kind of how I've seen her - also, I'm loving her longer hair)

Sexy beautiful

Hannah, Gina, Alexis, Molly, Jalyn, Meredith, Kristin

Sweetheart beautiful

Miranda

Cali-girl beautiful

Taylor, Daphne

Sophisticated beautiful

Brennan, Tess

Ethereal beautiful

Amanda

60s vibe beautiful

Madeleine (somebody once pointed out that she looks like a sexy Mary Anne from Gilligan's Island, and I just can't unsee it)

Demi Moore beautiful

Amber (same as above)

• Love 15