Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Or would the lace-up thing rein them in?  🤔

I think we are so used to the rock hard store boughts that a set of soft and naturals looks odd!  Folks with naturals have a range of softness and I think our well endowed buddy Bridget has softies.  The only way to deal with softies is containment.  That uniform does not allow containment.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Opine said:

I think we are so used to the rock hard store boughts that a set of soft and naturals looks odd!  Folks with naturals have a range of softness and I think our well endowed buddy Bridget has softies.  The only way to deal with softies is containment.  That uniform does not allow containment.

I still don’t know how Crystale T hoped to contain hers in a strapless bra.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Julia living the good life without drinking the blue kool aid.  If she would have made DCC she would not be wearing that lace bodysuit and leather pants.  She would have to stand at attention to Kelli and dress, talk and walk how Kelli tells her to.  Seems like a better life to live when you can be yourself and not Kelli's puppet.  Looks like she got new extensions, she was probably able to have the ones put in that she knows are the best for her hair.  

Oh my - I thought her extensions were a fake fur vest.  Lol.   IMO those are way too long and look silly - super long hair is so 5 years ago IMO.  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, DCCFan123 said:

How is this even comfortable?? 

0C90FF48-3DEF-44E1-B83A-7016FD4105A9.jpeg

Could it be that Bridgette just has natural large boobs and that’s how they move?   Maybe were just so used to fake or no boobs that natural ones look like wardrobe malfunction risks?

• Love 8

I just watched the episode:

1-  I laughed my ass off watching bridget passed out OMG that was funny as shit ( i love bridgy ❤️ )

2- Im so mad that CMT was only focused on Amy for being named point, like gurl you are not even 20 second on point and you are bored af, they took Maddie's great moment away from her 😞 

3- There's no way that freaking Lexie outdance Gina, Heather and Bridget, i felt sad when the rookies where whispering that Gina was going to get point 😞 

4- Im still confused how Meredith made it, that bitch sucks, i gave up trying to understand how she is on the team but now im just waiting for her WOW moment that gave her the ticket to the team.

Bye.

Edited by MadisonWu
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Could it be that Bridgette just has natural large boobs and that’s how they move?  

Natural or not, they're moving right out of her top LOL 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Using Whitney, though, she not only got into her rookie TC but also made the squad, even though during the interview portion Kelli asked her to explain that picture of her wearing only caution tape.  My opinion in a nutshell: Is Victoria given special treatment?  Yes.  Is she the only one? No.  It comes down to one thing, whether Kelli & Charlotte favor you.

Agreed. One thing I was going to say but forgot to was that if Whitney had done that in say the last few years, her butt would have been gone and for good reason. I think she should have been canned for doing it then. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, MadisonWu said:

I just watched the episode:

1-  I laughed my ass off watching bridget passed out OMG that was funny as shit ( i love bridgy ❤️ )

2- Im so mad that CMT was only focused on Amy for being named point, like gurl you are not even 20 second on point and you are bored af, they took Maddie's great moment away from her 😞 

3- There's no way that freaking Lexie outdance Gina, Heather and Bridget, i felt sad when the rookies where whispering that Gina was going to get point 😞 

4- Im still confused how Meredith made it, that bitch sucks, i gave up trying to understand how she is on the team but now im just waiting for her WOW moment that gave her the ticket to the team.

Bye.

Sorry but how is it funny that she passed out 😵 

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

Agreed. One thing I was going to say but forgot to was that if Whitney had done that in say the last few years, her butt would have been gone and for good reason. I think she should have been canned for doing it then. 

Yep, she never should have made it past finals her rookie year, but she's a favorite so she's golden 🙄  I once had a dream that I made DCC and I was such a favorite that Kelli didn't even care that I'm in Philadelphia LOL

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCFan123 said:

How is this even comfortable?? 

0C90FF48-3DEF-44E1-B83A-7016FD4105A9.jpeg

Poor Bridgette. Her boobs are being flattened like a pancake against her chest in this pic. No wonder they keep trying to escape! Have they ever said if the cheerleaders are allowed to use double-sided tape under the blouse?

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Using Whitney, though, she not only got into her rookie TC but also made the squad, even though during the interview portion Kelli asked her to explain that picture of her wearing only caution tape.  My opinion in a nutshell: Is Victoria given special treatment?  Yes.  Is she the only one? No.  It comes down to one thing, whether Kelli & Charlotte favor you.

That's certainly true. Kelli has played favorites for years. VK is hardly the first, and it's interesting to Jenna and Whitney lumped together as getting favorable treatment when I actually don't think their situations are all that similar. I don't think Whitney really got any punishment at all, whereas Jenna certainly did her last year. 

With that said, I think Kelli tends to react differently when she feels personally offended. It seemed like her anger towards Jenna seemed oddly personal - not an employee screwing up, but someone not living up to her expectations after she made her a leader and favored her over the years. With Whitney, I almost think they chalked it up to her just being an idiot, so no personal offense. But that's also what sets the VK situation apart. Kelli set all of that up for her (Jinelle helping her/doctor's apput) and then she lied not just to Jinelle, but ultimately Kelli too. Anyone else would be on Kelli's shitlist for life. Kelli loves Meredith, but if Meredith got caught lying to Kelli, she would out in a heartbeat, and there would be no looking back.  VK though didn't even really get dressed down. That was clearly due to their personal relationship. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Kelli set all of that up for her (Jinelle helping her/doctor's apput) and then she lied not just to Jinelle, but ultimately Kelli too. Anyone else would be on Kelli's shitlist for life.

Very interesting theory in your post, especially since the part I quoted seemed to be the straw that broke the Kelli's back & is what made her finally cut Victoria.  Very good theory that, quite frankly, I never considered.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, lah715 said:

We can discuss season 5 Brooke's bff was put on the squad overweight (for the uniform) and sub par dancer at best ... talk about favoritism 🙄

We agree !!!  Never understood the Brooke love ... she was good not exceptional like others ... Kelli and Judy just seemed so ga ga over her ... how else do explain Brooke basically sitting out her second year recovering from surgery. I know it is a sore subject but at least Cassie was 6 years in and hurt 🙄

🙋🏻‍♀️ Well. Count me into the group! So confused over the Brooke-worship. I recall rooting for her during the first run of Season 1, but after rewatching on Pluto, I really don’t know why. I agree, she was okay, even good, but I’m really not sure how she rose to this *SUPASTAR* status. I know she was a fan favorite, but I’m not sure the show really highlighted why.  

• Love 2

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this, but on VK’s most recent picture, none of the girls commented on it except for Lisa. And if you look at all of the other girls pictures most of the girls have commented on them🤔

• Useful 5
3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Who is that on either side of Rachel before it stops and asks you to watch again on IG?

The blondes are Erin to the right and Lexie to the left with Chandi behind Lexie. 

Edit to add: Rachel looks good! So much better with the haircut. She stands out - in a very good way - from the tall long haired brunettes now (the ‘MirandaAlexisMollyAlanna’ group). 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Adding thought
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, jlc said:

It makes him feel more manly, to get all badass in a women's face. Another man would just punch his lights out!

Wouldn’t it have been a hoot if little Maddie had hauled off and punch him in the snout?? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, lah715 said:

We can discuss season 5 Brooke's bff was put on the squad overweight (for the uniform) and sub par dancer at best ... talk about favoritism 🙄

We agree !!!  Never understood the Brooke love ... she was good not exceptional like others ... Kelli and Judy just seemed so ga ga over her ... how else do explain Brooke basically sitting out her second year recovering from surgery. I know it is a sore subject but at least Cassie was 6 years in and hurt 🙄

Brooke was one of my favorites. She was overweight when she got in and she worked her tail off to get in shape. Also when she performed, she was ON. She had the sparkle that draws your attention to her. And unlike the obvious favorites in subsequent seasons: Loni, Morgan, Breelan, etc., Brooke had no trouble picking up the routines or performing. Also the year she sat out with an injury was before the MTT show really got to take over the DCC audition process. I think Brooke was brought back because they weren't really sure how long it would take her to heal enough to dance and she was a good ambassador. Pretty, friendly, easy to converse with and she seemed to be well-liked. Only an insider can tell me if I'm wrong in my assumptions. And she was humble. She didn't assume she was a shoo-in like the current Kelli favorite. As for Cassie, she is a very polarizing entity. You either love her or hate her and I'm fairly sure that most folks here don't love her. But she didn't deliver (IMO) the way Brooke did and she was kind of a know-it-all, tattle tale. So it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, because she was already given preferential treatment before her injury. I'm pretty sure if she wasn't Judy's daughter, there's a good chance she would not have been selected that year. There was opposition to her and Judy left the room when they discussed her. If only she and Kelli had done the same for VK or at least said, "we're too close to this candidate having known her all her life, so we'll just hold our thoughts and listen to what all of you think of her." Would VK have made it back this season without Kelli's input, most likely. But nobody will ever convince me that she was the highest scoring rookie without Kelli, Judy and Charlotte's input, and nobody will convince me that she outdanced Jaylyn at SG auditions. But we'll never know for sure because they don't show us the whole audition, only the parts they want us to see. Just my 2 cents. I'm not expecting to change anyone's mind or trying to argue. I just have always liked Brooke. She seemed more like a regular person to me and not an attention seeker or someone who wouldn't be caught in public not in full makeup with every hair in place. 

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

The blondes are Erin to the right and Lexie to the left with Chandi behind Lexie. 

Edit to add: Rachel looks good! So much better with the haircut. She stands out - in a very good way - from the tall long haired brunettes now (the ‘MirandaAlexisMollyAlanna’ group). 

I think so too. It makes her appear more spunky. It's nice to change things up a bit. And you're right about it helping her to stand out, which is a very good thing. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Whitney, Jenna and Holly were all current DCC's when those things happened. We're talking about a TCC, someone who hasn't made the team, causing some sort of scandal and then was allowed to come back. Comparing Kelsey not knowing the yards on a football team to lying, being immature/evasive, gaining 13+ lbs and being openly disrespectful to a DCC employee isn't even in the same ball park let alone sport. 

And don't confuse me with understanding that Vikkie was a dumb teenager, I get that---but if 'dumb' teenagers were so easily forgiven then #metoo Taylor would have made training camp again this year. Too bad for her, she came out of the wrong vagina. 

I'm actually going to defend VK here even though I can't stand her. Yeah, she's dumb as a post, but that Taylor was a nightmare. She was rude, also lied, belligerent, defiant. She didn't take any criticism, no matter how constructive, well and thought she was too good. I was relieved when they finally cut her. I also think cutting her hair was a punishment. She didn't look good with all the extensions, but I also didn't care for what they did to her hair. I think it was payback for her attitude. But since I didn't like her, I didn't really care that they butchered her hair. 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

It's true, Bridget's boobs have a life all of their own and are busy living their best one.   I'm a big Bridget fan, but something should be done!!  It looks a little painful and potentially embarrassing. 

Bridget's boobs.jpg

I'm having a serious Bring it on moment with her boobs.  She's going to show a little too much some day soon.  For people with such high standards, Kelli and Judy can be pretty blind to serious issues.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SSAHotchner said:

I'm actually going to defend VK here even though I can't stand her. Yeah, she's dumb as a post, but that Taylor was a nightmare. She was rude, also lied, belligerent, defiant. She didn't take any criticism, no matter how constructive, well and thought she was too good. I was relieved when they finally cut her. I also think cutting her hair was a punishment. She didn't look good with all the extensions, but I also didn't care for what they did to her hair. I think it was payback for her attitude. But since I didn't like her, I didn't really care that they butchered her hair. 

I think she's referring to Taylor T. from Season 13, who didn't know what the MeToo movement was. Not Taylor Lowery.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Whitney, Jenna and Holly were all current DCC's when those things happened. We're talking about a TCC, someone who hasn't made the team, causing some sort of scandal and then was allowed to come back. Comparing Kelsey not knowing the yards on a football team to lying, being immature/evasive, gaining 13+ lbs and being openly disrespectful to a DCC employee isn't even in the same ball park let alone sport. 

And don't confuse me with understanding that Vikkie was a dumb teenager, I get that---but if 'dumb' teenagers were so easily forgiven then #metoo Taylor would have made training camp again this year. Too bad for her, she came out of the wrong vagina. 

Very well-said, intelligent post. 

• Love 11

Sorry if this is too off topic, but does anyone know which vets were chosen for the regular swimsuit calendar? (I’ve only seen the cover of Rachel W, and Alexis as January). I have been a bit surprised by some of the triangle placements this year.  Was just curious to see who got the calendar, as I believe Kelli gets final say. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, IrishJig said:

Sorry if this is too off topic, but does anyone know which vets were chosen for the regular swimsuit calendar? (I’ve only seen the cover of Rachel W, and Alexis as January). I have been a bit surprised by some of the triangle placements this year.  Was just curious to see who got the calendar, as I believe Kelli gets final say. 

Not sure who else is in the big calendar!!! And what surprised  you abt the triangle placement ? 

Watching the video of Lisa, her fake responses -really hitting herself in the head.. validates the fraudulent persona that the group leaders recognize.  They are with her every day Practicing  and the fact they ALL voted her out along with Kash, not to mention the limited stickers should say something to kelly and Judy. She has a reputation with DMD and shame shame shame to put her on and cut others more deserving .  Who did she pay to make the squad is what I want to know ?

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, forumborum said:

Watching the video of Lisa, her fake responses -really hitting herself in the head.. validates the fraudulent persona that the group leaders recognize.  They are with her every day Practicing  and the fact they ALL voted her out along with Kash, not to mention the limited stickers should say something to kelly and Judy. She has a reputation with DMD and shame shame shame to put her on and cut others more deserving .  Who did she pay to make the squad is what I want to know ?

Maybe things will be diffrent with her now that she is on the squad maybe she will change for the better !! Until I hear anything she is doing to her new team Mates I believe In giving her a chance 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, forumborum said:

Thing about this, as with most dance and cheer squads where leadership and power is based a good bit on seniority, is that most of this group leaders will be retiring really soon and very few of their opinions/control will affect Lisa long term if she stays with the squad for several years.

You see it a lot in school sports - out with the old and in with the new - those four group leaders are an old regime, and if Lisa is a good DCC and works hard, none of this will mater long term.   I guess you can have some hanger on types like Jenn K., and maybe Kashara is turning into that - but they don’t have as much influence on daily operations as the real GLs.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Thing about this, as with most dance and cheer squads where leadership and power is based a good bit on seniority, is that most of this group leaders will be retiring really soon and very few of their opinions/control will affect Lisa long term if she stays with the squad for several years.

You see it a lot in school sports - out with the old and in with the new - those four group leaders are an old regime, and if Lisa is a good DCC and works hard, none of this will mater long term.   I guess you can have some hanger on types like Jenn K., and maybe Kashara is turning into that - but they don’t have as much influence on daily operations as the real GLs.

Very well said 

2 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Brooke was one of my favorites. She was overweight when she got in and she worked her tail off to get in shape. Also when she performed, she was ON. She had the sparkle that draws your attention to her. And unlike the obvious favorites in subsequent seasons: Loni, Morgan, Breelan, etc., Brooke had no trouble picking up the routines or performing. Also the year she sat out with an injury was before the MTT show really got to take over the DCC audition process. I think Brooke was brought back because they weren't really sure how long it would take her to heal enough to dance and she was a good ambassador. Pretty, friendly, easy to converse with and she seemed to be well-liked. Only an insider can tell me if I'm wrong in my assumptions. And she was humble. She didn't assume she was a shoo-in like the current Kelli favorite. As for Cassie, she is a very polarizing entity. You either love her or hate her and I'm fairly sure that most folks here don't love her. But she didn't deliver (IMO) the way Brooke did and she was kind of a know-it-all, tattle tale. So it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, because she was already given preferential treatment before her injury. I'm pretty sure if she wasn't Judy's daughter, there's a good chance she would not have been selected that year. There was opposition to her and Judy left the room when they discussed her. If only she and Kelli had done the same for VK or at least said, "we're too close to this candidate having known her all her life, so we'll just hold our thoughts and listen to what all of you think of her." Would VK have made it back this season without Kelli's input, most likely. But nobody will ever convince me that she was the highest scoring rookie without Kelli, Judy and Charlotte's input, and nobody will convince me that she outdanced Jaylyn at SG auditions. But we'll never know for sure because they don't show us the whole audition, only the parts they want us to see. Just my 2 cents. I'm not expecting to change anyone's mind or trying to argue. I just have always liked Brooke. She seemed more like a regular person to me and not an attention seeker or someone who wouldn't be caught in public not in full makeup with every hair in place. 

Totally agree with you about Brooke. She’s always been one of my favorites. She always came across to me as a person with a great personality, great dancer, and a good ambassador for the team. She was called into Kelli’s office several times due to her weight but she took all the advice they gave her and worked with Jay to get it off. I think this showed great initiative and determination on her part....something Kelli loves. That determination got her on the squad and on show group her rookie year. She also appears  to be friends with most of the girls she danced with in the 5 seasons she spent as a DCC. I see her as a person I would be friends with...someone down to earth, not high maintenance, and definitely not an attention seeker! 

Just one last note...another person I feel should have made the team is Grace Sells. She (along with Brooke) was called in several times due to weight. Grace (like Brooke) worked hard with Jay to get the weight off. However, Kelli said Grace had not lost any weight at all...something that’s hard for me to understand since they showed her working out with Jay. Grace never looked ‘big’ to me. I think she would of made a great DCC and a wonderful ambassador. Hopefully, she’s gone on to do amazing things with her life.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Probably showing my age, I think that laced-up pleather outfit looks trashy.  If I wanted to be a newscaster, I certainly wouldn't wear that kind of outfit in public, let alone put a picture of me in it on social media.

Me, too. I know it's going to cause a commotion for me to say this, and I didn't understand it myself when I was younger, but I think when you display your "goods" that openly for all to see, you're just asking for trouble. It conveys that you're looking for more than conversation. When we read etiquette statements from the past, it seems silly now, but I'd love to see a return to better manners and women respecting themselves and their bodies and not feeling the need to dress this way. My mother always said that it was sexier to hint at what's there rather than to show it and I understand that now. But, yeah, I'm old, too. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Not sure who else is in the big calendar!!! And what surprised  you abt the triangle placement ? 

Before this season of MTT, I would have thought that Heather would be more prominent, bc of seniority (which I do think is somewhat important to Kelli and Judy) and bc I thought TPTB viewed her as the more attractive among the older vets. (They are all pretty, but I think Kelli and Judy tend to favor the girl next door blondes).

Amber takes good sideline photos when we see her and is one of the best dancers, so I was surprised she wasn’t an outside edge of the triangle. IMO, the outside women get just as much camera attention as the diamond, so those are prime spots. For example,as last year’s calendar cover, Alexis is pegged as one of the most beautiful women in the squad, so I assume that’s why she’s on an outside position as I think she’s one of the weaker dancers. 

Had I not seen this seasons sideline photos I would have been surprised by Rachel W’s spot, as I thought she was stiff and awkward last year. She’s a much better dancer from last year, but I think her rise in position is more based on how photogenic she is. I predict that is she stays, she’ll likely get point eventually.

i was really surprised by Lexi’s prime spot behind point because I never saw he get much attention before. I really do think all the woman are pretty, but I didn’t think she was Kelli’s “type”. 

My personal dancer crush is Hannah and even just based on the ‘Queen’ videos I thought she would get an outside edge.  Her height may have been a factor, but personally I would have still put her in a camera-likely spot. 

No matter whose side you are on in the “Gina was robbed of point” war, I’m shocked she’s where she is this year.  Did she make it into the calendar this year?

I say this as the member of my college squad who was *not* the prettiest, and was never put on the 50 yard line : looks and ability are both a big part of how you are placed, and everyone on the team knows it. Although I can also say from experience- being on the front sides gets a lot camera attention, bc the camera guys can shoot you without getting in the way. I think I actually was filmed more than the center dancers.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Just one last note...another person I feel should have made the team is Grace Sells. She (along with Brooke) was called in several times due to weight. Grace (like Brooke) worked hard with Jay to get the weight off. However, Kelli said Grace had not lost any weight at all...something that’s hard for me to understand since they showed her working out with Jay. Grace never looked ‘big’ to me. I think she would of made a great DCC and a wonderful ambassador. Hopefully, she’s gone on to do amazing things with her life.

Grace was a Dallas Mavs Dancer for 2 seasons and looked good in all of their skimpy uniforms.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

but I'd love to see a return to better manners and women respecting themselves and their bodies and not feeling the need to dress this way. My mother always said that it was sexier to hint at what's there rather than to show it and I understand that now. But, yeah, I'm old, too. 

The saying when I was a teenager (from mom) "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"   

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Glammy5 said:

I just don't like the squished boob look.  This outfit and those HORRIBLE one pieces that are cut to the navel and just flatten them.  Why?  It looks horrible, it can't be comfortable and it is just a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, IrishJig said:

Sorry if this is too off topic, but does anyone know which vets were chosen for the regular swimsuit calendar?

I don't know which calendar this is, but my girl got September 🙂 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, IrishJig said:

Big swimsuit calendar: Alexis, Tess, Miranda, Maddie, Christina, Ashlee, Savannah, Molly, Daphne, Madeline, Lexie and Amber! 😊

Sideline Calendar: Heather, Ashlee, Amy, Madeline, Hannah, Daphne, Savannah, Alexis, Rachel W., Briana, Gabby, Erin, Rachel A., Lexie, Taylor and Lauren! 😊

IMG_20191008_130217.jpg

IMG_20191008_130232.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I always liked Brooke, too.  She always seemed genuine and supportive of the other girls.  I didn't mind Cassie.  She  was ok.  She's posted a few things lately on her Insta about how she struggled with self esteem, which probably explains some of her less than desirable behavior on the team.  VK is kind of meh to me.  I don't hate her, but I don't much notice her until she gets pushed forward on the show.  I do find the almost cult-ish following that she has funny and baffling.  She's pretty enough and an ok dancer, but people act like she's the second coming and is never to be criticized.  

• Love 16
10 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Pretty, friendly, easy to converse with and she seemed to be well-liked. Only an insider can tell me if I'm wrong in my assumptions.

I swear an insider said she was a cliquey mean-girl.

• Love 2