Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Okay.  Maybe I will regret asking this, but why are people implying VK is to blame for Jayln not making SG?  What allegedly happened?  Is there a page # in this thread where it’s first discussed?

There was a screenshot of a list in Judy’s hand of everyone who made show group, with Jalyn’s name on the list, lined through, with Victoria written over it. Also way back on the board, when showgroup auditions took place in real time, an insider posted that Jalyn was cut from showgroup as punishment for upsetting Victoria 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Isolabella said:

I hate to say it, but after watching this week's episode, I think Rachel W. will be the point next year. 😱 She has improved so much from last season (watch her in the hip hop halftime when she's in the second row of the pyramid behind Maddie). There are so many talented 2nd years who would absolutely kill it at point (Caroline and Bridget come to mind) but you know how Kelli loves the pretty girls and she's always had a giant girl crush on Rachel W.

Don't get me wrong! I'm not saying I want her at point. But after watching the montage of pictures they took of Rachel during show group auditions, I was like ohhhh shit it's gonna be her next year.

Um, aren't you meaning to say that VK will be point next year?  Really - who else could possibly be point but her for the remaining years of her (presumably long) DCC tenure?

😝

Edited by SuzySmith
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, SuzySmith said:

Um, aren't you meaning to say that VK will be point next year?  Really - who else could possibly be point but her for the remaining years of her (presumably long) DCC tenure?

Vonceil holds the record with 8 years...  and VK is only 19, so... it's not looking very good!😭

• Love 1

We have mixed reviews about Maddie here, but the FB posters seem to love her to the point of obsession. The Facebook comments are always so interesting to me, when they aren’t dirty creepers. 

Spent the weekend with my mom, who loves that I follow these boards and always asks me for the gossip. She’s a casual viewer who danced for 15++ years and thinks VK is fabulous. (I personally like VK’s looks and dance style just fine but think she shouldn’t have made SG.) She also loved Kat “even though she doesn’t quite get it yet. Please tell me she made the team! And did she find a good place to live??” I had to fill her in on why I was so mad about Jalyn and now she’s mad too. 

😂😂😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Vonceil holds the record with 8 years...  and VK is only 19, so... it's not looking very good!😭

Christina is 30.  So, we could potentially have Victoria for 11 years.

If she were a child I could say it's not her fault she's being given preferential treatment.  But IF the rumors are true and she's using Kelli's deep affection for her to her own advantage, well, that's wrong.  Not to say others don't do so in other professions (someone at my company has a senior manager who really likes her, hence she's received a $10k bonus TWICE over the past two years), but it doesn't serve to endear her to others.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

Now Show Group, that should be about dance technique but I'm not even sure where Show Group performs or if the audience they perform in front of will care about their technique or if they just expect to see pretty girls dancing.

I think it's both. From past Show Group performances we've seen on the show, they do big corporate events, special events for the Cowboys, and other paid performances. I think the main reason they need to be the best dancers on the team is because they have to adapt quickly to last-minute changes and/or stage space.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I did enjoy seeing KaShara again. She was so bubbly & her energy seemed to spread through the studio. A true breath of fresh air. I did think it was interesting that she picked Caroline for point but I thought she was fair & honest and had good reasons about why. I don't get why K&J disregarded her so that they could have two points. Otherwise it was great to see her. If there's a fan vote for who gets Kelli's job when she retires, KaShara gets my vote!

I agree!  I miss seeing KaShara - she brought life to the squad and she's gorgeous.  The two longtime vets whom the camera seems to often zoom in on, Amy and Maddie, just don't have the looks.  Nothing exciting about them!  Sorry- it's my humble opinion.   Lastly, I do agree with her opinion of Caroline as the point.

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, kalibean said:

We have mixed reviews about Maddie here, but the FB posters seem to love her to the point of obsession. 

The FB group is a different contingent.  If you consider the demographic of the FB commenters, it makes more sense.  Before someone asks, check out a few of commenter's profiles.  You should be able to figure it out.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

As much as she says it was about how the judges voted, we've also seen Kelli (and to a degree Judy and Charlotte) override or ignore that voting if it doesn't go the way she wants it to.

This is it. Doesn't matter how many "judges" they bring in, the only vote that truly counts in the end is Kelli's (and maybe Charlotte's if she wants to push it).

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Okay.  Maybe I will regret asking this, but why are people implying VK is to blame for Jayln not making SG?  What allegedly happened?  Is there a page # in this thread where it’s first discussed?

If you would like to go back in time, I think the SG tryouts start around page 118-ish in real time. The explanation regarding the Victoria/Jalyn situation is on 124. (I went back to reread after watching this episode).  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

If you would like to go back in time, I think the SG tryouts start around page 118-ish in real time. The explanation regarding the Victoria/Jalyn situation is on 124. (I went back to reread after watching this episode).  

nevermind

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SuzySmith said:

😝

You must be my soul sister!!! That sarcasm was priceless!!! Thank you and love you sista!!!☺☺☺❤❤

• Love 4
Just now, KnyghtRyder said:

Agreed. But smoke...fire...not too difficult to believe there’s something there (for me at least)...

Fair enough.   She's not a fav of mine, but I think much of the Vic stuff on this board gets majorly exaggerated.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Here's my two cents. I for one cannot take fakeness or insincerity (maybe it's the Scorpio in me) so last season and more so this season has me aggravated.

I reluctantly watched the whole of season 13 because I knew that Victoria was getting. Now don't get me wrong I wasn't cheering for the fact that her dreams would be crushed but that her, Charlotte and Kelli's BS would finally be off my screen. 

The blatant BS that they were dishing out weekly was nauseating, and the intimidation of other judges annoying (that one's for you Scott the Weatherman). But lo and behold BS part deaux is now Season 14.

Is anyone surprised by Kelli's snarkiness?? She has been mean from the start. The fact that you have a "favorite " with an obvious overbite but nastily speak about Kylee's ( African American young lady now a DSIG)teeth and Margaret ( a Hispanic young woman).

I get that Colbee wasn't everyone's favorite but she did make it as far as the finals because the judges decided to advance her. Why be nasty because she won the fan vote because you, Kelli, didn't like her?? And then proceed to make snarky on camera comments about her??? Oh and cutting off Taylor's hair, and have it looking like a cross between a bowl cut and mullet and expected her to LOVE IT 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Now this season we are now being subjected to the Anna Pavlova of the DCC - THE BEST THAT EVER LIVED!! I haven't watched the last two episodes, and quite frankly I don't know if I'm going to finish the season but from the snippets I have seen it's like everyone is fighting for their jobs. Melissa " I was a mediocre DCC but got dumped on a popular "dating" show and then won a reality dance competition " Rycroft nauseatingly heaping more BS on top of the BS we have been subjected too. And then reign one of my favorite DCCs Jacie into the mix annoyed me.

This redemption tour that they are embarking on has done nothing but annoy A LOT of people. Also on the subject of Kat....now granted I was rooting for her from the start because I thought she was talented....but to keep her as an alternate and "diversity" is crap. You could have had diversity if Kaitlin (LSU girl) had made it to Training Camp and made the team. She could actually kick and dance but I digress.

Meredith seems to be the pet project this year. Add her to Loni, Jordan Chanley, Morgan, Emily Clark et tal. I so over her "I'm sooooo overwhelmed, but I know I'm Kelli's girl crush so I'll go cry in a corner" routine.

They treated Jalyn like 💩💩. Jalyn leave and take your talents elsewhere or go teach another team. THEY DON'T DESERVE YOU!!! 

Kelli nobody is buying or eating the BS you're dishing. You talk about a sisterhood but you were entrusted to be the gatekeeper, and you fumbled the keys. From the time Tina was invited on and made snarky comments about some TCC and was NEVER checked I knew that was Kelli's personality. Birds of a feather flock together...

Not sure I'll be watching the rest of the season because I already know my girl Chandi made it, so........

Thank you for expressing my feelings far more eloquently than I did!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Please make Maddie retire. I wouldn’t mind her staying for all 5 years if she wasn’t always in the spotlight. She doesn’t look good as point, she doesn’t seem confident as a leader, she isn’t strong in interviews, just stop promoting her please. And I can’t stand her trying to do sexy/flirty faces this year (she does that in EVERY SINGLE clip i’ve seen of her). I feel like a pervert looking at this kid playing dress up.

Believe me when I say, the moment she comes back to Utah, if she does, she'll be a nobody. No one will care what she did in Dallas. They don't give two sheets about anyone who ever made "cheerleader", in fact I would guess no one does except maybe Dallas people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/14/2019 at 4:49 PM, kerrieway said:

Also braids and twists would be a no, that much spinning and kicking could really hurt someone in the kickline, the hair flip alone with braids could slap someone hard in the eye. And lets not forget your scalp health, that yanking could cause traction alopecia.  

I don't think the women stand close enough to each other to worry about swinging hair of any type hitting them. The "problem" with locs/braids is with corporate white folks who feel it's also a political statement. My white, male bosses hated my braids when I wore them, but used euphemisms to say so: "You look so much more beautiful with your hair 'the other way'"

In the earliest years of DCC, Black women danced in short naturals (Afro), but there was a different DCC director, and different team owner. Somehow they recognized then that Black female representation was very important. Recently, some white DCC have danced with curls as tight as Cersten' s and Jenna. 

Weaves and especially wigs are a convenient, safer hair alternative for 4 months of dancing. 

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Jennv said:

My 86 year old mother watched it with me. 1st episode she ever saw. Her comment was “yes ma’am, Jesus, wouldn’t it be funny if she said fuck you instead? You know that’s what she wants to say”

Oh, I live for the day one of them finally snaps and I hope it’s on camera.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
20 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

That office scene with Jalyn was sickening. The gall of Kelli to suggest that Jalyn was unprofessional when Kelli herself is the walking epitome of unprofessionalism. She’s not not just a passive aggressive, nepotism/favoritism-embracing hypocrite; she’s also vindictive. After the SG announcement she zeroed right in on Jalyn, smugly waiting to see J’s reaction and wasting no time bashing her for it. Kelli enjoys using her authority to punish those whom she has decided deserve it, including having the girls grovel/apologize for their ‘sins.’ Kelli is the worst type of manager there is. Not watching this show anymore.

Exactly!! She is a bully!!! She doesn't  care what anyone says or thinks, she will do and say as she likes!!! She is acting like a Kartrashian, and that is not a compliment!

• Love 13
On 9/14/2019 at 7:01 PM, Tuxcat said:

Here's the list. Rachel at 18.  Jalyn at 17 is scratched out. Alexis and Taylor over to the side. Question marks next Ashlee,  Cianna and also Amanda (Kelli had said she didn't have the kicks - yet she made it anyway). I assume VK name is under Judy's hand.

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 6.52.48 PM.png

Well it's clear from this list that Judy at least believed/expected that Jalyn was going to be in SG. I assume she wrote this out during the auditions. I do wonder if this list is who she thought should be in it or who she was originally told would be in it before the substitution of VK.  Between this & Judy reminding Kelli that Jalyn differed from Savannah in that its natural for Jalyn to be more upset than Savannah since she was actually on SG. it seems she felt that a disservice was being done to Jalyn. Still it feels like too little too late of defense/support for Jalyn.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Rachel W would be a huge hit with the Joneses and Cowboys fans.

That is not a compliment to the Joneses nor  Cowboys fans.

Yeah, her homophobia would be particularly welcome with many of the fans!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Pasha Kitty said:

I agree!  I miss seeing KaShara - she brought life to the squad and she's gorgeous.  The two longtime vets whom the camera seems to often zoom in on, Amy and Maddie, just don't have the looks.  Nothing exciting about them!  Sorry- it's my humble opinion.   Lastly, I do agree with her opinion of Caroline as the point.

Kashara looked like she'd filled out since her tenure.  I personally think she looked fabulous with a few extra pounds!  Loved seeing her choreograph and hearing her thoughts on the point position.  I hope she comes back in future seasons as well!

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh yes, Kashara and her thoughts on the "sacred spot" 🙄

I know you're hoping Brennan will be holding it down someday, am I right? 😉

Edited by ATLGirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, glossy said:

So 3 days ago, I didn't even know what DCC was but the jump splits video showed up in my YouTube recommendations and now I've watched all of the S14 episodes.

So sorry this was your intro to the show ... 😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

If adapting to smaller stage space is a factor for SG, then they are in a heap of trouble this year.

I'll  go out on a limb and predict turns and staying within space will magically not be a problem for VK this year.

Remember in the hit series Dallas when Bobby Ewing was killed in the last episode one season and the next season it was all simply a dream had by Victoria Principal?  That's what season 13 will become.

• LOL 15
6 hours ago, DAthene said:

I don't have dance experience, so maybe somebody who does can let me know if I'm way off on this, but to me her leaps across the floor still demonstrated she cannot hold her positions correctly.   Caroline's and Jalyn's turns and leaps appeared more controlled...like they weren't falling into another person's lines.  Has she made improvements from last year, yes; but is she the best rookie candidate, hell no.  And Kelli shooting daggers at everyone who doesn't drink the kool aid is by far the most telling thing about her in my opinion (and the best support to those summer insiders IMHO).

No. You are not way off.  I didn't watch Friday's episode (and honestly don't know if I want to!) but I have watch her dance in different videos.  It appears that she doesn't have any core strength.  She falls out  and when she kicks, it appears as though she arches her back to get her kicks higher.  To me, this shows a lack of core strength.  

Just now, Donna S said:

She falls out  and when she kicks, it appears as though she arches her back to get her kicks higher.  To me, this shows a lack of core strength.  

I meant to type that she falls out of turns.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, kalibean said:

The Facebook comments are always so interesting to me, when they aren’t dirty creepers. 

From time to time I journey forth from the safe forum haven and go to the Facebook page for a good laugh. I'll never forget the time they started talking about us.

They practically compared us to a cult led by Shelly and she was somehow leading us against Victoria while Dayton was in training camp. Ah, yes. Good times ... good times. I so wish I could screenshot the comment but that was made last season and I don't even know it exists anymore.

😂🤣😂.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DAthene said:

And Kelli, don’t think I haven’t noticed that we only get quick glimpses of VK dancing...usually going into an end pose.  If we cannot see the truth, it doesn’t exist, right?   

I'm telling you, it feels like we're being gaslighted. They're trying to convince us that VK is the best of the best. And I'm sure a lot of passive viewers buy it.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Lona said:

From time to time I journey forth from the safe forum haven and go to the Facebook page for a good laugh. I'll never forget the time they started talking about us.

They practically compared us to a cult led by Shelly and she was somehow leading us against Victoria while Dayton was in training camp. Ah, yes. Good times ... good times. I so wish I could screenshot the comment but that was made last season and I don't even know it exists anymore.

😂🤣😂.

Ahh the Facebook casuals. They exist in this weird in between land of caring enough about a show to write about it on Facebook but not enough to actually seek out enough background knowledge for any of their comments to make sense. 

Recent Facebook/Instagram highlights: They love Victoria, think Maddie is the only choice for point and I also see the occasional person complain about game pictures being “spoilers”.  

I was shocked to see some people on Instagram see through the bad edit they tried to give Jalyn and call Kelli out. 

• Love 13