Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 9/17/2019 at 2:37 PM, ByTor said:

I'm pretty sure the opportunity they passed up was offered to Vic when she was 12, I haven't heard about anything since.

If I'm remembering correctly that was Liz Reuter.

That's why I remembered. And Kelli even said multiple times that Liz would be a great ambassador. Judy did fight for her and I hated it when she was cut. Especially since, over the years, vets have remained who were softer than Liz and seemed nowhere near as motivated as she did. 

• Love 4
On 9/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, Opine said:

Unless it was to try to get himself more screen time by becoming Kelli's new BFF by "loving" Vk, that is!  Please, all these people that LOVE VK really LOVE what Kelli can do for them.  That's why Cheryl Burke didn't notice her.  She can't be bought with screen time.  But even our past favs like Marshall and Scott got bought this year.

Big sellouts and big disappointments this year for sure. So much respect lost for these two. 

• Love 20

Someone on the Facebook group posted a link to a board that had a q and a with an anonymous former cheerleader. She said, among other things, that if you were “very favored “ you could drop hints about other girls and keep them off show group or even cause them to be cut at finals the next year. She also said there was plenty on sleeping with players and keeping it quiet going on. Also lots of tattling on each other. Favorite girls can gain weight and get a pass and others get cut. 

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I wonder who VK would be friends with or close to. Sure she could be friends with anyone, but we know not all the girls are all BFFs. Or who is closest to Victoria's age that she might relate to more? I'm a bit older than her but I could be friends with younger people. I thought it was a little crazy to me that people have said in the past, why would a 22/23 year old hang out with an 18 year old? Can't remember who it was in reference to.  But let me tell ya, me and my cousin are 6 years apart and have been best friends for years. Ha even since she was a teen and I was an adult. We have a lot in common and I don't see a problem with it. I've never found it to be weird.

But would people find it weird if she and Christina were BFFs? Lol or even someone who was 25/26. I'm not sure who on the squad is around there. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I wonder who VK would be friends with or close to. Sure she could be friends with anyone, but we know not all the girls are all BFFs. Or who is closest to Victoria's age that she might relate to more? I'm a bit older than her but I could be friends with younger people. I thought it was a little crazy to me that people have said in the past, why would a 22/23 year old hang out with an 18 year old? Can't remember who it was in reference to.  But let me tell ya, me and my cousin are 6 years apart and have been best friends for years. Ha even since she was a teen and I was an adult. We have a lot in common and I don't see a problem with it. I've never found it to be weird.

But would people find it weird if she and Christina were BFFs? Lol or even someone who was 25/26. I'm not sure who on the squad is around there. 

I still find it strange that Jackie Bob and Cassie are so close🤷‍♀️

And if you have the same interests and have fun together, it doesn't really matter what your ages are.  The girls understand each others schedule and diet, the pressures, craziness, etc.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, trexbex said:

Long time lurker, never made an acct until now lol.

Does anyone have insider info on what the locker room environment is like or the camaraderie between the girls? Is VK generally part of the little side pictures and hangout groups? I'm not the type to follow anyone on social media, so I just wanted to know if there was any info on possible tensions in that capacity.

Welcome to the board and I like your name 😃! I would be interested to know this as well. With any team, there needs to be trust and respect in order to perform at the highest levels. It seems like the first vids of the new team doing Thunderstruck at Meet the Team were rough, and then we had the pics of the wonky kickline. It just doesn't feel like the team has come together and something is missing. I could be wrong. Anyone with any insight on this?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Bellisima08 said:

I agree that VK has toned herself up & has great legs. I do however have doubts that she will be able to maintain the figure she has now. How many times have we seen the girls come back after the break between seasons & were clearly no longer at their rookie weight? The DCC look is hard to maintain & for someone like VK, who has stated that she has some less-than-healthy food habits at times, I can see that weight creeping back up on her, particularly as she seems to be the type to let things slide as she gets overconfident or too comfortable.

As for show group, I saw no need for her to get into it this year nor did I see anything in her performance that indicated that she outdanced Jalyn. I mean take for example, the part where each girl got the chance to show off any tricks or wow moves to the judges. VK's few turns & leaps (while they do show off her legs nicely) did not hold a candle to Jalyn's back handsprings & roundoffs. VK's leaps out of her turns are designed to show off her legs while helping her to exit her turns as quickly as possible since we all know she can't sustain them. I guess she figures it's better to leap out of her turns then to fall out of them. The leaps also allow her to somewhat hide any movement of out her space that happens if she starts to fall out of a turn. That may be why we don't have more clips of VK dancing during the auditions because they clips they showed were the best of her they had. As for clips of Jalyn, I don't think they have any of her dancing badly. If they did, they would have shown them. Instead, they did their best to minimize her in the episode.

I think VK making show group was mainly about two things. One was to placate Tina after VK didn't make it last year (I'm sure Kelli didn't want to deal with another year of Tina hassling her about why VK was left out of show group again) and two was to put Jalyn in her place after whatever happened between her & VK.

Totally agree with every word!!

• Love 8

Uuuugggghhh!

Kelly is so unprofessional. I’ve seen her be crappy, rude, and play favorites before (Karyssa, Kali Fullerton, Briana, Meredith, and more I’m sure) while cutting others immediately for much less.

Ive watched earlier seasons,too, and while they have put weaker people on the team at times, I’ve never seen such a sloppy group before. There’s 1 or 2 bad ones, but they aren’t so bad they throw off everyone! This team has three that have no business on the team. I’m shocked at the kick line, some of the group formations, and even timing. It’s hideous.

maybe it’s time to hand over the reins and clean house. Otherwise, it’s the decade of mediocrity coming.  I feel like there will be a massive turnover with retirees after this year.

I can’t even get through the shows. I fall asleep. 

• Love 13

They made a big deal about showing former DCCs with their former team mates being in their bridal party.

With this toxic situation with VK do they think with all the favoritism shown her this would be her situation???

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

I think she chose to not watch Jalyn, or at least to say so. I wish we had the full scoop on what the real issue is for Kelli's attitude. I could accept Jalyn not making show group if it weren't for VK getting chosen over her and some of the other vets, and I also think she's better than the other rookies that made it, too. But the immature way Kelli is handling the situation and the sneer on her face whenever she looks at her or talks about her just irritates me. Jalyn handled her disappointment right after the announcement fairly well, I thought. So she needed to leave for a few minutes to compose herself. And she left and returned as unobtrusively as possible and went right back to work instead of letting her emotions interfere with her performance. She didn't carry on or show sour grapes toward the others who made it. And she really handled herself respectfully, calmly and professionally in the office later on. Kelli is the one who made an issue out of it and the snide comment which they left in the episode "look who's back." After the unbearable spectacle we witnessed last season when Malena was let go from training camp at the very last moment when she should have been eliminated much, much earlier, I think Jalyn behaved very well. She's been a favorite of mine since last year's auditions. Again, I realize not everyone is going to love her looks or the fact that she's not a giddy, bubbly girl. Each of us has our favorites. But Kelli's over the top comments about her seem completely unfounded. What could she possibly have done to make Kelli so angry and hateful toward her? It's as if she's looking for any possible excuse to criticize her or get rid of her. I'm baffled. And my feelings about Kelli have been so altered over last season and what we've seen so far this season, that I truly dislike her now. 

I feel the same way. I hate Kelli now.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Jennv said:

Someone on the Facebook group posted a link to a board that had a q and a with an anonymous former cheerleader. She said, among other things, that if you were “very favored “ you could drop hints about other girls and keep them off show group or even cause them to be cut at finals the next year. She also said there was plenty on sleeping with players and keeping it quiet going on. Also lots of tattling on each other. Favorite girls can gain weight and get a pass and others get cut. 

I'm very curious about this! Do you have the link? Or know where I can find it? Which facebook page is it on?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, IrishJig said:

Re Kat’s Hair: I was pleasantly surprised that the MTT didn’t force her to remove her wig on camera against her wishes.  Too often reality tv makeovers force a woman to be filmed, in obvious stress and embarrassment, having her weave/extensions/etc. removed, simply because her distress is entertaining. It’s rude and unnecessary. It often implies that the women should be embarrassed about their hair style choices. 

I had cancer in my 20’s, lost my hair, and decided that I wanted to wear a wig in professional and social situations during treatment and for year and a half after.  Everyone felt they had a right to ask me to show them my head without the wigs. Everyone felt they should share opinions on whether I should wear a wig and what their opinion was of the wig.  I never requested any of these opinions.  Even close friends who saw me without my wig felt the need to tell me that my baldness or chemo curls were “fine” and that I didn’t need the wig. But it was not about whether my natural scalp was “okay” for public viewing.  It was about what I simply preferred.

I’m positive Kat wears wigs because it’s what she wants to do and it works for her.  And there is absolutely nothing odd, weird, wrong, or mysterious about that.  It’s truly no different than adding highlights to your hair or adding extensions.

As far as how wigs are styled (assuming natural hair):  they can color without her wearing them if it’s a single process color, though when I added highlights I had to put my wig on to place the foils (then I took it off and it was put on a head form and I came back in an hour or two for pick up. I miss those days.) For a cut I did have to wear it. I’m sure that Kat went through something similar, and it just wasn’t shown.

I'm so glad you are doing better! I cannot imagine myself ever asking someone to remove their wig, but I know people can be very rude. I've learned so much about wigs on this forum!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

I'm very curious about this! Do you have the link? Or know where I can find it? Which facebook page is it on?

Not only would I love to read that for myself, but I'd also like to see where you ladies are finding these videos of the team performing Thunderstruck at Oxnard or wherever.  Where can I find those clips?

Forgive me, but I'm just not as technologically proficient as many younger people (including a couple dozen fifth graders who believe I qualify for Special Ed because I don't have an Instagram account.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 9/16/2019 at 7:47 AM, Loves2Dance said:

Hey @ShellyB any clue on how many more years until Kelli retired from the organization? I know Judy is older, so she should probably retire first, but I'd really like to see Kelli voted off the island so I'm hoping it's soon. 

No idea..not really sure if that word is in her vocabulary. She’s involved in every aspect....branding, sales, directing, etc. The DCC is part of the Brand department, which includes also gameday production, social media & merchandising. All of these work together to meet goals and objectives, and she is a very business minded person. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, hathorlive said:

The sad thing about the Jalyn situation is that there WAS no right reaction. 

1) She stays in the room and tears up, sniffles a bit and gets called out for being unprofessional.  

2) She has NO reaction and gets called out for not caring enough to work harder to make show group, calling into question her love and devotion to DCC.

3) She smiles, congratulates the girls around her and gets called in for being frivolous and giving attitude.

This is the problem with passive aggressive bosses.  It's not about how you react.  It's about how they twist your reaction (or lack there of) to suit their needs and goals.  That's why Kelli had nothing firm to correct Jalyn on because she didn't do anything wrong.  Trust me, J, just cry and say you are sorry because it's all about power and making people grovel.  Yeah, I have a Kelli boss, too.   There's nothing more evil than a bitchy woman on a power trip.  

Do we work together?  I think we have the same boss!!  

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Opine said:

Do we work together?  I think we have the same boss!!  

It's a shame to have to wade into that kind of dysfunction every day.  I'm fortunate that I don't have to see her on a regular basis because I'd be physically sick all the time.  I've had male bosses that didn't like me but there's a peculiar viciousness to women when they are unhappy with other women.  I feel horrible for Jalyn and I hope she doesn't return next year.  Eventually DCC will be a one and done organization because no one should have to grovel to wear any kind of uniform.  Dignity looks much better on than some polyester and sparkles.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, KickPretty said:

I agree!  I wouldn’t have skipped on my college experience for anything.  They should get to experience both.  Fresh out of high is too young IMO and Nicole B agrees 😉

078ADEDE-8E4A-4B1D-88F6-3FDC89A778E2.jpeg

I find it strange that so many parents are okay with their daughters taking a two or three year gig instead of moving on with life.  There are so many things that going away to college teaches you: cooperation, learning to compromise with room mates, solving every day problems on your own without parental input.  To miss out on a natural next step while your peers are getting on with life is sad.  I understand that dance is a limited time activity, but that's why you need a plan b.  This is literally the biggest thing in VK's life until she replicates herself and starts living the same goal through her daughter.  Wouldn't TK have been happy if VK made Phi Beta Phi at the University of Texas?  (I'm Texas'izing this).   What will VK and even Maddie do once it's over?  What is Jenna doing now that she's out?  I understand that not everyone goes to college or is even academic, but maybe we could tolerate the jiggle and booty bouncing if they highlighted the goals and aspirations of all girls, not just the two smart ones.  

• Love 9

I’m on the fence about the whole DCC vs go to college thing. On one hand I agree with Nicole but also my best friends sister, joined a pro dance team after she graduated high school. She was super smart and had got into some good schools but she didn’t know what she wanted to do or study but she loved to dance and really wanted to dance for this specific team. So she auditioned, made the team, and enrolled in the local community college, and got an associates degree in the 2 years she was on the squad. After that she transferred to a 4 year college, finished her bachelors and now she is getting a law degree 🤷🏾‍♀️. This college vs DCC thing for 18years olds is really up to them, I don’t think we can make a blanket statement that one is necessarily better than the other.

Edited by Monique
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I think she chose to not watch Jalyn, or at least to say so. I wish we had the full scoop on what the real issue is for Kelli's attitude. I could accept Jalyn not making show group if it weren't for VK getting chosen over her and some of the other vets, and I also think she's better than the other rookies that made it, too. But the immature way Kelli is handling the situation and the sneer on her face whenever she looks at her or talks about her just irritates me. Jalyn handled her disappointment right after the announcement fairly well, I thought. So she needed to leave for a few minutes to compose herself. And she left and returned as unobtrusively as possible and went right back to work instead of letting her emotions interfere with her performance. She didn't carry on or show sour grapes toward the others who made it. And she really handled herself respectfully, calmly and professionally in the office later on. Kelli is the one who made an issue out of it and the snide comment which they left in the episode "look who's back." After the unbearable spectacle we witnessed last season when Malena was let go from training camp at the very last moment when she should have been eliminated much, much earlier, I think Jalyn behaved very well. She's been a favorite of mine since last year's auditions. Again, I realize not everyone is going to love her looks or the fact that she's not a giddy, bubbly girl. Each of us has our favorites. But Kelli's over the top comments about her seem completely unfounded. What could she possibly have done to make Kelli so angry and hateful toward her? It's as if she's looking for any possible excuse to criticize her or get rid of her. I'm baffled. And my feelings about Kelli have been so altered over last season and what we've seen so far this season, that I truly dislike her now. 

I wonder if Jalyn did something outside SG ...she asked about it. (I re-watched the episode)  Did she turn down appearances like Angela did that last year she was on the squad and that kept her off SG.  Some girls have day jobs and its not possible.  I just wish CMT would give the whole story not chop it up.  Look at the way they do the girls called into training camp ... it is so out of order do they think we are not smart enough to notice veterans still in their chair when they are supposedly calling the last 5 names 🙄

• Love 3
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

But we don't really know how long she was gone....  It could have been an hour.  

If she had been gone for any significant amount of time when she excused herself, THAT would have been brought up in the office (and possibly reason for her to be cut).  I suspect that Jalyn was gone for no more than 15 minutes, if that.  She might not have been entirely ready to return, but knew that, if she didn't get back out on the floor, there would be bigger, and worse, repercussions than just losing Show Group.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

i did notice that at birthday dinners or group outings they do and post on instagram VK is never included in them. I find that odd. 

One of my dearest friends is 11 years younger than me. Its more of an older sister/younger sister relationship but we've never had an issue with it. always have a great time hanging out and doing things together. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, CaseyLee0911 said:

i did notice that at birthday dinners or group outings they do and post on instagram VK is never included in them. I find that odd. 

One of my dearest friends is 11 years younger than me. Its more of an older sister/younger sister relationship but we've never had an issue with it. always have a great time hanging out and doing things together. 

I think it’s bc of her age but not everyone goes to all the birthday dinners either 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, jlc said:

I think it is because no one wants her there. Age was never an issue with Lacey.

I think there were a lot more 18/19 year olds in Lacey’s year then there are now. Who on this years team is Victoria’s age? Chandi?

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I think it’s bc of her age but not everyone goes to all the birthday dinners either 

I agree ... the girl is 19.  These are older woman going to birthday parties ... most likely where alcohol is served I would not want my daughter in that atmosphere ....not that they get sloppy drunk but there is a code/rule. Who knows if someone offered a sip of something and it got back or a photo ... based on hostile atmosphere  ...someone might be looking to take the girl down. 😉

Edited by lah715
my sentence made it seem aimed at posters sorry
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Monique said:

I think there were a lot more 18/19 year olds in Lacey’s year then there are now. Who on this years team is Victoria’s age? Chandi?

Vk is the only 19 year old on squad and she is the youngest 

10 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I agree ... the girl is 19.  These are older woman going to birthday parties ... most likely where alcohol is served I would not want my daughter in that atmosphere ....not that they get sloppy drunk but there is a code/rule. Who knows if someone offered a sip of something and it got back or a photo ... based on hostile atmosphere on the boards ...someone might be looking to take the girl down. 😉

Even tho most of the time it’s just to restaurant

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Even tho most of the time it’s just to restaurant

True and I agree .. but being the ladies are what 22 and up ... my point is there would be alcohol on the table anyone could walk by and misconstrue what they see.  After the Holly/Jenna thing I am guess the eyes and ears are everywhere.  Why put yourself in that situation ... but it could really be for a number of reasons why 🙂 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Jennv said:

She also said there was plenty on sleeping with players and keeping it quiet going on. 

For the life of me I can't remember where, but I remember reading something from an anonymous former DCC in the late eighties that mentioned (quoting best as I can from memory) a very favored five year vet hopping into a player's car and leaving the stadium.

Always wondered if that was Kelli but would Kelli be a rule breaker?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CaseyLee0911 said:

Being under 21 and not drinking is not excuse not to relate to the other TCCs.  Perhaps Kells should call her in and interrogate her about who she is friends with, what she knows about them etc. (thereby giving the world cause to think of her as a mean girl forever, cough *Gina* cough).  Or maybe it is because she is elbow rubbing and brown nosing with folks they have been told (according to Milan) to not even address.  I mean, honestly, whether she is liked or not, the only TCCs likely to be friends with her are those that want to kiss up (and those aren't people I want to be friends with, myself).

• Useful 1
  • Love 8