Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, kerrieway said:

'I think some non-black people may see braids as more trendy and less reserved in appearance.  But do they see it as a political statement? Maybe, I don't know...a political statement saying what? Have you seen them react the same way when someone has worn a braid out or twist out? When I think about it I just don't think some non-black people are huge fans of really curly hair, even their own (think Napolean Dynamite curly hair), I am not trying to be racist here and maybe I'm just misinformed but it seems that they often flat iron their hair when it's really curly. There are exceptions, one example would have been someone like Hilarie Burton back on her One Tree Hill days. I know curly perms used to be a thing, do lots of people still get them...i dont know.

There are many kids who have been expelled from schools across the country for wearing an afro or braids to school.  Some schools have no "ethnic" hair clauses in place, which is a racist ideal that straight, relaxed hair is natural, when in fact it is not.  People should wear their hair how ever they want and not be forced to chemically process it for some one else's ideal.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

I think since another legacy trying out there has been jaded feelings. Cassie left over anger and what looks like a repeat of nepotism .  I happen to be in the minority ... its interesting to see children of former cheerleaders try to keep a tradition going ...

I also love to see someone stepping into their parents footsteps. As I look at it, keeping the tradition going should be more than making the team! 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I also love to see someone stepping into their parents footsteps. As I look at it, keeping the tradition going should be more than making the team! 

Does this mean that VK will be taking over Kelli's job?

• LOL 13
4 minutes ago, jlc said:

I hope not.  I'm already pissed off at this organization (The DCC) as it is.  Infact I decided today that I'm pretty much done with the DCC and this show for a while.  Good riddance.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, jlc said:

Well, did Tina run the Dallas Cowboys team? 

The tradition should be dancing acumen, team spirit, being the same cheerleader as one's mom.

Edited by Pau84
  • Love 4
Just now, Pau84 said:

Well, did Tina run the Dallas Cowboys team? 

The tradition should be dancing acumen, team spirit, being the same cheerleader as one's mom.

I said that because in several earlier posts it was said that VK was the daughter Kelli wished was hers. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jlc said:

I said that because in several earlier posts it was said that VK was the daughter Kelli wished was hers. 

I see what you mean! Kelli has an undeniable fascination with tall, dark-haired, long legged, model-like girls, like Brianna from New Jersey, Meredith or even Morgan. She projects and sublimates her own (perceived) shortcoming into these girls.

With Victoria, Kelli is in war mode. "If she cannot get Victoria into DCC, what's the point of it all?!? What have I been doing with my life, if I can't put our Victoria into MY team."

Edited by Pau84
added
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Tootie said:

Vonceil holds the record with 8 years...  and VK is only 19, so... it's not looking very good!😭

I could see VK holding on fo rat least 6-7 years. She literally has NOTHING else to do. Her whole life was for this. But I could see TK finding a nice rich man so little ole VK would never have to work a day in her life.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Jalyn’s name is crossed out on the paper and Vic is written on top. I think that says it all. 

It says people hate Victoria and that is fine ... I feel bad this girl gets picked on every time something happens that watchers don't like.  Angela didnt make SG and she was fifth year  ... didnt see her stomping off .. and saying it was because Victoria pushed her off the team is a stretch at that point in the show  ... all Jalyn knew was she didnt make it and 4-5 others were vote on instead of her ..... including 3 rookies ... and by the way it seemed at the meeting she left because she we worried in their eyes she took a step back and now her uniform was in question. ...that I can understand ...not someone pushed her out ... this is all individual interpretation of the show ... CMT edits the way they want ...we should all know this by now 😉

I think you are right there was an original list for show group which included Jayln ... and then the deliberations started .... I dont think Kelli was the only one that didnt notice her ... Jacie wondered if she was on last year ... and seemed surprised they said yes. The editing was really bad on this episode so its hard to know what was said in what order about which girl

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, cheeseslices said:

I could see VK holding on fo rat least 6-7 years. She literally has NOTHING else to do. Her whole life was for this. But I could see TK finding a nice rich man so little ole VK would never have to work a day in her life.

Isn't that what Cassie did?  I'm not sure about the rich man part, but she went from cheerleader to married to mom.  Did she ever go to school?  What do these women do all day if they don't have a job?  Junior League can't take that much time.  (No slight against JL, my grand mom was one).

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I hope not.  I'm already pissed off at this organization (The DCC) as it is.  Infact I decided today that I'm pretty much done with the DCC and this show for a while.  Good riddance.

I am starting to feel the same way. 🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Isn't that what Cassie did?  I'm not sure about the rich man part, but she went from cheerleader to married to mom.  Did she ever go to school?  What do these women do all day if they don't have a job?  Junior League can't take that much time.  (No slight against JL, my grand mom was one).

I believe you have to work or be in school ... charity work does not count

15 minutes ago, cheeseslices said:

We dont really know what her personal life is like and what she is doing ... and according to the rules you must be in school or working . You cant be schlep all day no matter who you are

21 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

A dancer with good placement and extension would have the ability and technique to do turns.  It's like saying he's a great hockey player but he just can't seem to skate very well.  VK's extension is NO where as good as several girls on SG.  Her spilt leaps do not have the amplitude or height of other girls.  Watch her extensions and see how much time she spends swinging her leg into place, versus how much time she spends in the position.  VK lugs herself upward and is falling out of a leap or leg position before she establishes it.  Meaning that she's not got the core strength to hold the position and elongate it.  You see this on MTT when Judy says someone is snapping their kicks down.  VK's entire dance is like that.  

She doesn't have the core strength to control the movement and that's why she is always falling out of everything.  There is nothing deliberate or elegant about her positions.  She throws herself into them and hopes for the best.  She does have talent but it's talent undeveloped and unfulfilled.   If she had listened to her teaches and taken corrections, those "legs for days" would be doing amazing things.  Look at the position of Caroline's movements in the last episode.  Watch how Amanda's turns don't move an inch from where she started the movement.   My teachers would say VK dances "heavy".  There's nothing light or airy about any of her movements.

Who has better extension than VK on the team?   Extension is when you put your arm or leg out to do a dance movement it looks longer than it really is and is in a pretty line (no goofy hands or sickled feet) with your hips and shoulders down.  Only girls with good extension are Meredith, Rachel W,  Daphne and Erin - Gina, Caroline and have great general technique and placement (and so does that dark haired girl who looks like Demi Moore), but extension isn’t exactly their stand out trait.  Maddie’s extension is non existent - like zero, nada...her technique is awful and way worse than VKs.  And almost all these girls dance heavy compared to ballet dancer types (it’s seen a lot in comp dance) - the DCC aren’t a crop of ballet dancers, and dancing light isn’t exactly a requirement for the DCC style.   

That footage of Amanda’s turns she dropped her releve big time (a way to cheat out of falling out of a turn) so it’s not like they were perfect.  Her foot also traveled some. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, jlc said:

Maybe Kelli's daughter has seen how her mother has been consumed with DCC and doesn't want that kind of life herself. Maybe she wishes her mother would have spent more time nurturing her and helping her to become whoever she was meant to be rather than putting her whole life into the DCC. I can also understand her not going into it because who can live up to a parent who has excelled in a particular area? My husband is a composer and pianist. Several of our kids started out on piano, but none of them stayed with it because they didn't want to try to keep up with Dad. They are all musical, but have chosen voice or other instruments for their musical performance. Maybe Kelli's daughter is more of an introvert and doesn't want to be in the public eye. I don't blame her for opting out of DCC for whatever reasons. But if Kelli thinks or would actually say that VK is the daughter she wished she had, it would make me think even less of her than I already do after the past couple of seasons. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Yup, Cassie has done the same. Clearly I thought about my adult life all wrong. 😝

34 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I believe you have to work or be in school ... charity work does not count

We dont really know what her personal life is like and what she is doing ... and according to the rules you must be in school or working . You cant be schlep all day no matter who you are

I'm talking after VK hangs up her boots. Then she will become a trophy wife.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

There are many kids who have been expelled from schools across the country for wearing an afro or braids to school.  Some schools have no "ethnic" hair clauses in place, which is a racist ideal that straight, relaxed hair is natural, when in fact it is not.  People should wear their hair how ever they want and not be forced to chemically process it for some one else's ideal.

We'd have to look at the individual policies but if/when a hair policy goes too far I think most of us would be outraged for the kids and support any parents/kids who speaks out and/or take legal action against any school board or school who had any prejudicial policy. 

IMO a school dress code/hair policy should just be there to enforce neatness and non-distraction, IMO it should only outline acceptable hair color, hair length, and neatness not someone's natural hair texture. This would mean that if the school says no neon pink hair or mohawks then nobody (black or white) can have that. If they say that for boys you can't have hair longer than your chin or wider than three inches then black boys would have to braid down their hair and/or cut their hair and so would the white boys. 

Regardless, DCC doesn't have a discrimination problem and as I've stated before I don't think braids, twists, or natural hair would be convenient or the best health option for performing as a DCC. 

Wow just watched the last episode with Jalyn, the bit where she talks about whether it may have been something outside of show group auditions sounds fishy! Wasn't there similar issues with Tara getting cut last year?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

That's what I don't understand as to why VIctoria was taken into showgroup over Jalyn (clearly Jalyn's name was crossed out and VIC put in next to it). 

Jalyn comes from years as a NY Jets professional NFL cheerleader and prior to that spent 4 years obtaining a dance degree at college.  Now I hear Jalyn has a dance studio in the Dallas area.

Now in comes Victoria, fresh out of high school, not technically or college trained, NO prior cheerleading or dance group experience...

AND YOU TAKE VICTORIA OVER JALYN!?!?  How does that compute?  That adds up to the fact that you KELLI chose to put your best friend's daughter on a team that she is not technically ready for over a very seasoned veteran (prior NFL experience), with a 4 year degree in dance and a dance studio (read DANCE INSTRUCTOR) to boot!

WOW.  There is some explaining needed!!!

Victoria has technical training and she’s not the first 18-19 year old to make show group.   A lot of the girls have a lot of pro dance experience before making DCC - in fact the DCC rejects plenty of very experienced pro dance girls and girls w/ dance degrees.

I’ve seen videos of Jalyn doing solos - she’s a good clean dancer, but didn’t stand out as anything amazing in any one area.  I remember  thinking “very clean” when I watched her - but clean doesn’t mean wow.  And her look is kind of eeh - she’s very small and looks like a little girl figure wise and her eyes are kind of buggy.   Even if dance ability was equal (which I’m not saying it is, just if it was), I could see why a group like the DCC would pick VK over her.  And maybe they went w/ VK cause they figure she can grow with the SG cause she’ll stick around longer.

And goodness - they took other new people into SG outside of VK.   Why aren’t we taking about Jalyn versus Rachel A or the other two rookies?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Also another issue I have is Shelly's statement that Jalyn didn't stand out as well as Kelly's statement during SG discussions that she "didn't make one note on Jalyn." I understand that there are always SG "auditions" for one day only but it's clear that they historically never viewed SG selections as solely based on audition day. A few years back didn't Kelly state one of the negatives about taking Angela for SG was that she passed up on requests to go to lower caliber appearances? That had nothing to do with whether she wowed in the audition that day. 

So which is it? Do you have to have the best SG peformance to make it into to SG that day (which nobody believes Jalyn didn't have) or do they consider the overall capabilities from past assessments during TC and/or prior seasons on the team? 

Also who was wowed by VK? Cheryl said she didn't see it and Jacie said VK has improved from last season, none of that read like a flashing sign to pick her for SG. 

Has Jalyn shown some sort of decline or loss of shine since last season that would warrant removing her and replacing her with Victoria? Has Victoria reached some new level in skill that we aren't seeing? 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 17

I would suspect a DCC who didn't need to work could adequately fill her time with Junior League or other volunteer work and Kelli wouldn't bat an eye.  (I'm a Dallas junior league drop out and dear Lord that could have been more than a full time job if I had let it.)  I think the main goal is that they have SOMETHING going regularly outside of DCC, if only for a conversation point on ambassador duty.  Saying that you also volunteer 20 hours a week for Dallas Animal Shelter is a perfectly respectable answer IMO.  For most people, their outside of DCC life would be a job and/or school, but some might be done with college and not want to hold down a full time job.  I personally take no issue with that.

I'm about as career minded as they come, a strong feminist and I'll never have children of my own...but I fully support any woman who wants to be a full time, stay at home mom.  I am all for women being able to make the choices that are best for themselves, and being paid fairly and equally when they do so.  My only concern is how they would sustain themselves if their partner is no longer able to provide, be it through divorce, injury, death, etc. 

So if Cassie, VK or any other DCC's main ambition is to milk being a DCC as long as they can, model on Instagram, teach dance part time, try to work within the organization when their time is up, meet the man (or woman!) of their dreams, then have some adorable children, etc....super for them.  I just hope that they are professional and mature during their tenure.  Mixed reviews on that front, but conceptually?  A-okay!

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Victoria has technical training and she’s not the first 18-19 year old to make show group.   A lot of the girls have a lot of pro dance experience before making DCC - in fact the DCC rejects plenty of very experienced pro dance girls and girls w/ dance degrees.

I’ve seen videos of Jalyn doing solos - she’s a good clean dancer, but didn’t stand out as anything amazing in any one area.  I remember  thinking “very clean” when I watched her - but clean doesn’t mean wow.  And her look is kind of eeh - she’s very small and looks like a little girl figure wise and her eyes are kind of buggy.   Even if dance ability was equal (which I’m not saying it is, just if it was), I could see why a group like the DCC would pick VK over her.  And maybe they went w/ VK cause they figure she can grow with the SG cause she’ll stick around longer.

And goodness - they took other new people into SG outside of VK.   Why aren’t we taking about Jalyn versus Rachel A or the other two rookies?

Great post !!!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Because those rookies probably dance better than VK.  One of them received high praise from Cheryl. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, kalibean said:

My only concern is how they would sustain themselves if their partner is no longer able to provide, be it through divorce, injury, death, etc. 

Just a guess as I don't know from personal experience but a high limit life insurance policy or death/dismemberment policy might do it. They would receive alimony in case of divorce and/or there's always the option to marry again. If all else fails they'd have to get a job. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, kerrieway said:

Because those rookies probably dance better than VK.  One of them received high praise from Cheryl. 

That is each person's perception ... Jacie a Rockette praised Victoria ... said she was much better than last year ... was surprised when they said Jalyn was on SG last year ...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

We don’t know that, and VK has received high praise from plenty of the guest choreographers - Travis Wall called her the best dancer in the room.

• LOL 15
4 minutes ago, lah715 said:

That is each person's perception ... Jacie a Rockette praised Victoria ... said she was much better than last year ... was surprised when they said Jalyn was on SG last year ...

She asked a clarifying question about whether Jalyn was on SG last year, we have no way of knowing if she was surprised, her face, body language nor tone of voice portrayed either IMO. Jacie praised VK last year as well, when she was clearly overweight and danced sloppily, VK has known Jacie for years and may/or may not be biased. Also getting the award for most improved doesn't necessarily mean you've earned SG. 

1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

We don’t know that, and VK has received high praise from plenty of the guest choreographers - Travis Wall called her the best dancer in the room.

I agree we don't know that for sure. I made a point to put probably because I don't know and we don't know. SM has proven that Travis and VK have had a relationship for years, he may or may not be biased. Again we don't know. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 17

Regarding Jalyn...she seems like a lovely young lady, she's pretty and a very technical dancer.  I like her and it sucks that she wasn't chosen for SG.  I am tickled that Rachel A. and Caroline were chosen.  They've been overlooked a lot, I think.  

Maddie...everyone knows that I adore her but after seeing the last couple of performances (game), I don't think she and Amy need to be splitting point, nor do either need to be the lone point person.  I'm going to have to go with KaShara and her choice of Caroline or the group consensus of Bridget.  

Savannah... of course her reaction would be different than Jalyn's...Jalyn LOST her spot, Savannah has never had one to lose. 

Retirees for next year...I don't think we will see a mass exodus either, I think we will see the normal range of between 6-10 retire.  Amy has already confirmed this is her last year...I think Heather, Alexis, Lexie, Christina and Miranda may POSSIBLY retire.  One and done...I am thinking Kat and Meredith....Kristin could be cut next audition if she is as thick next year as she  is currently (which is not THICK by any means other than by DCC standard).  

Alexandra...she got it together and her exit was classy.  She deserved to stay over Kat and Meredith, imo, but that's pretty worthless here. I hope she doesn't come back next year for a sixth attempt with the thought process "I got so close last year....I'm trying once more" like so many others have only to not even make it to finals or TC. I hope she realizes DCC  just isn't in the cards for her.  I like her though and wish she could have made it.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 14

I have chosen wisely...after reading about what is going on...I have not purchased this season and only watched the 1st ep (bravo or vh1) that was free.   I wanted to wait and see. Between Kelli and the editing, the show sounds like a mess.  I do not want to watch this mess.  Wow. 

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Caroline is everything. The woman is drop dead gorgeous....#girlcrush

It never occurred to me until this season ... reminds me of Holly Hubbard at points ... seems like out of no where there she was . With all the others taking camera time didnt realize she was point material until then LOL!!!

• Love 5

I have not watched this season, and I won't until Veruca is gone.  I am so put out from what is happening with her and the other DCCs and who is paying for not kissing her ass.  It absolutely disgusts me.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I have not watched this season, and I won't until Veruca is gone.  I am so put out from what is happening with her and the other DCCs and who is paying for not kissing her ass.  It absolutely disgusts me.

Hear say and mean girl gossip ... the trickle down info reminds of Ferris Bueler's day off LOL!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

On another note, does anyone have a clue what Kelli meant by saying that Bridget is a different dancer this year? She was phenomenal last year....and she didn’t seem to say it with a smile.  So am I missing something? 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, DAthene said:

On another note, does anyone have a clue what Kelli meant by saying that Bridget is a different dancer this year? She was phenomenal last year....and she didn’t seem to say it with a smile.  So am I missing something? 

This almost annoyed me. Like I get that she has improved but she was already amazing! Clearly she only pays attention to her obvious favourites or the strugglers. 

• Love 18
15 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Holy shit did Kelli's body language change at the mere mention of Jalyn's name during SG deliberations. Clearly Jalyn pissed her off somehow and I totally believe it had something to do with VK. Why else would her reaction be so defensive? These girls have silently and obediently watched the favoritism unfold for 2 summers now. 

Although there has been some discussion about Sam Finglass being around all summer as a CMT intern or whatever, it didn’t dawn on me until just now what THAT must have been like for the girls.  Any chance that it was Sam that reported back something about Jalyn?  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kerrieway said:

Also another issue I have is Shelly's statement that Jalyn didn't stand out as well as Kelly's statement during SG discussions that she "didn't make one note on Jalyn." I understand that there are always SG "auditions" for one day only but it's clear that they historically never viewed SG selections as solely based on audition day. A few years back didn't Kelly state one of the negatives about taking Angela for SG was that she passed up on requests to go to lower caliber appearances? That had nothing to do with whether she wowed in the audition that day. 

So which is it? Do you have to have the best SG peformance to make it into to SG that day (which nobody believes Jalyn didn't have) or do they consider the overall capabilities from past assessments during TC and/or prior seasons on the team? 

Also who was wowed by VK? Cheryl said she didn't see it and Jacie said VK has improved from last season, none of that read like a flashing sign to pick her for SG. 

Has Jalyn shown some sort of decline or loss of shine since last season that would warrant removing her and replacing her with Victoria? Has Victoria reached some new level in skill that we aren't seeing? 

Because Jalyn’s name was crossed out and VIC written next to it. 

• Love 5

Ugh.  Watching Cassie's rookie season and how absolutely awful she was, both in appearance and dance and yet she made it. She and Judy were both insufferable with their tears and collapses on each other.  Seeing Cassie again while knowing Victoria's legacy arc puts a really bad taste in my mouth.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

Travis Wall knows VK from all the dance classes he's had.  Little girls like VK pay his salary and give him funds to do projects.  Of course he's going to talk up VK.  If she does well, he'll get more little dancers into his classes and make more money.  If Travis truly like the way she danced, why hasn't he offered her a job in one of his gigs?

She’s probably done some conventions with him or he was a guest at her studio.    I’m sure she’s not the only dancer in TC that’s done that stuff.   He’s still very big in the dance world and I don’t think he’d back a dancer he didn’t think was actually good.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, KatieC said:

After deliberations Kelli also says there will be some disappointments and also some surprises. It was like they were setting Jalyn up and I agree it was a premeditated storyline. 

Also a correction to what someone said earlier—it was Jacie not Cheryl that asked about Jalyn being on SG last year. 

I just thought of something...

It seems interesting that they threw an old "fan fave" vet into the SG judging panel, almost as though they knew their decision was not going to go over well with the audience (well, at least not with us) and they figured they'd throw us a bone.  

Like "a teaspoon of sugar" to help us swallow that load of bull.

"See, fans? Our SG judging panel decisions are totally above-board!  How could anyone doubt our integrity? I mean, gosh...we have Jacie right here to prove it!  You trust her, right?  My God, what more do you conspiracy theorists want?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

Because Jalyn’s name was crossed out and VIC written next to it. 

So worst case Jalyn was the very last one to make it in to the initial SG list and VK was the first one to not make it, and after deliberations VK moved ahead and Jalyn was out.  Maybe Jalyn, an experienced SG member and a vet, shouldn’t have performed so poorly that she was at the bottom of the scores and vulnerable to loose her spot to standout rookies or vets who were not in SG last year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DAthene said:

She overlooked Kelli for years ...

As for Bridget I don't think it was a put down I think she dances as a more confident vet same way Kashara did her second year watching show group auditions. All those first year rookie jitters gone since you now know whats coming. It was a wow moment .. I think all rookies have some flaw (even minor) until they work out the kinks even the good ones we probably just dont see it on camera

• Useful 1
  • Love 4