Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If Jalyn is smart, she'll finish the year, and make plans to go forward to something else next Spring.     If anything was wrong with Jalyn's Show Group audition I certainly missed it, and Kelli was a total bully to her.    I don't know why Victoria even had to tryout for the team or show group, Kelli should have been honest and just add her to the team without putting everyone through the charade of any chance her little pet wouldn't make it.  

I'm hoping there is a mass exodus at the end of the season that will show exactly the effect Kelli's favoritism has caused.   

I agree. When Cheryl (I think it was her) asked if Jalyn  was on SG last year Kelli said I have nothing for her or on her. I took that as no bad comments. I'm sick of the VK butt kissing from all the guest choreographers. I can see A LOT of vets ( maybe rookies ) leaving as well.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 13
47 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I think the two senior vets holding the team together are Amy and Maddie, and that’s why they’re sharing point.  

Nope on Maddie.

Possibly on Amy.

Most likely on Heather.

Point is a joke this year.  Instead of sparkle and "it" factor, TPTB caved to avoid drama and went with seniority.  Kash made it over vets more senior than herself and IMO, they should have continued using this method.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

but also with both her voiceovers during practice (when Jalyn returned) and then also in the office visit.  

Btw what is up with the voice overs this year?  They seem particularly exaggerated and contrived. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Kelli is more than a mean girl she is a bully.  Last year she was so mean to  Heather and she stayed too.  

She is a big time bully !! Makes me wonder how she is when the cameras aren’t rolling 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Kelli is a toxic mean girl. This isn't a secret and I stopped giving her the benefit of the doubt ages ago. 

I did appreciate Judy standing up for her, but to be frank, Judy was in the room when SG positions were chosen and Judy made the choice not to call her name. She could have added her as the 19th position just like we got a 37 person triangle. Judy's lack of integrity and ability to stand up to Kelli is appalling and it's on Judy to stand up to that. I lost all respect for her last year---not just with the editing for the show, but her rant at the fans for not 'understanding'. Hello, I understand---you work for a mean girl, now grow a back bone.

Jalyn's words were measured and anxious. She knows why she was cut from SG and she knows she can't call Kelli out for it. The sad part is that she stayed. 

I hate to compare anything to domestic violence because domestic violence is gross; but watching Jalyn essentially beg for her uniform reminded me of a battered wife begging her abusive husband to take her back and how sorry she is for upsetting him in the first place. The DCC system is, at it's core, toxic and unfortunately, the root cause is the director.

I understand the 'best of the best' mentality---unfortunately, when you have that style of mentality, abusive tendencies tend to get overlooked and excused as 'this is what it takes.' There is not a single sport that hasn't had this type of situation happen whether it was a single team or the entire federal (*cough* USAG *cough*). 

It is going to take the girls standing up, much like they did when Jones took over, to see any real progress and I just don't see that happening. The smart and educated leave because they see through the bullshit quicker and the others don't have the perspective in the moment.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, and frankly, I've only been a fan of this show because I love dance---and while I continue to sometimes remember to watch, I'm mostly over it. I'll hate watch when I'm bored, but continuing to watch these women get beat down and abused over and over again, season after season (though it used to be way more subtle) is just...not entertaining.  

This is what I wish I could like 1000 times!! This is perfectly said, and I totally agree. I have dvr'd all the shows this season, but I am so over the Kelli and Judy bs that I have not been able to watch. This show is now on the same level as Keeping Up With The Kartrashians in my mind, and that level is VERY LOW!!!

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Yep, she lost me a few years ago when Colby was a TCC. I wasn’t a Colby fan, but Kelli’s comments about her were straight-up junior high clique. Not the measured, thoughtful approach a good director should have.

You know, I felt the same way back then, but i kinda forgot about it until you mentioned it. Than you for that, because she really is an adult bully and an entitled, arrogant , mean girl!! If she looked in a mirror she would see the true "toxic" person in this organization.

• Love 16

The editing this season is some of the worst I have ever seen. Everything seems so fake and scripted, it’s hard to believe anything. The part where Kelli is telling Cheryl Burke that the girls have to do the dance in boots...so scripted. Of course Cheryl already knows that. She has danced with them before. Are we even really sure that Kashara picked Caroline when asked about point? Seemed fake too, like they asked another question and then cut and spliced the response to shape a storyline. The Jalyn “talk” was just bizarrely edited. The best compliment that Kelli can give Kat is that “she can blend in a team.” 

This season is just super off.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Tootie said:

I personally wouldn't put that solely on Rachel A....I'm sure someone will grab onto that and then start hating on her!  The other vets that made show group were Rachel W, Carol, Ashlee and Cici--it could've been either one of them.

Perhaps, but the other four are from the most talented class they’ve had.  Each has distinguished themselves being showcased aesthetically (Rachel W, Ashlee), praised for dance ability (Cici; Ashlee), and for leadership (Caroline ROY).  Caroline has also benefitted from weight loss and improved aesthetics.  She’s clearly talented as she’s KaShara’s pick for point.  

Is there any doubt that the lady formerly known as the teacher who gets confused with Molly was selected #18?

Edited by DCCFan197605
Man, too many mistakes today!
  • Love 5

I haven't watched the episode yet because I was visiting my best friend who was in town last night but I'm afraid if I do watch it, I'll break the TV by throwing something at it when Kelli starts in on Jaylyn. It's taking everything I have not to tweet something on Kelli's account stating I know who was being toxic in that meeting and it wasn't Jaylyn.

I echo what CrazyinAlabama said. Jaylyn needs to keep her head down, finish her year and vamoose. There's no way Kelli will keep her another season anyway and Charlotte will likely chime in with talk of "She needs to be GREAT!". Who wants to stick around for that nightmare when they are still getting paid peanuts?

• Love 22
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

I forgot to mention Shaina in my last post. She is seriously stunning, even before the makeover! I can’t believe they didn’t take her over Meredith and Kat! I hope auditions again next year.

I’m thinking maybe the death of her friends might have effected her to the point were she couldn’t concentrate 

• Love 2

And why post this on Instagram, Ms F. ; exclaiming the excitement of SG try outs, then not even select Jaylyn?! You said be the judge! I vote for Jaylyn! Someone's priorities for this team are FUBARed!

1.png

Edited by Muckypup61
Forgot something
  • Love 17
28 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

Also just want to say that if Kelli cut Jalyn from Show Group because of some nonsense with VK, it's completely passive aggressive not to tell her why. If it's a punishment for some 'supposed' bad behavior (like Jenna being pulled as point and made to sit out for the HOF game), then freaking TELL her that. Otherwise, you're just creating an atmosphere of anxiety and distrust.

This! Kelli is a passive aggressive mean girl/bully. Like when she laughed at Kitty mocking Jax. There are many other instances throughout the seasons. 

Whatever happened, Kelli is determined to punish Jalyn. It’s disgusting to watch. Jalyn went from Kelli’s pet to being the lowest on the totem pole. Kelli is such a bitch. SHE is the one who is toxic. And Judy enables her by not standing up to her. 

• Love 22

Unpopular opinion: Jalynn’s a great dancer, but she’s not attractive. She has weird, bulgy eyes. And she does too many weird sultry faces instead of a nice bright smile. Remember her rookie cameo? Hard pass. 

F8A1369E-A0E0-459D-B16D-0BAC207DD8F6.jpeg

D3BFCF65-CD0A-4862-9648-848C89E196CF.jpeg

Edited by TinyHands
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Booboo said:

Kashara would add so much to the show. She is funny, spot on and cute!! CMT needs to at least replace her with Melissa Rycroft, who comes across “drippy” on the show.

Not only that, but Rycroft in her day was a not very memorable team member. Getting jilted on The Bachelor and using that fame and DCC experience to snag the vote for the mirrored disco ball on DWTS, led to her return as DCC royalty. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Perhaps, but the other four are from the most talented class they’ve had.  Each has distinguished themselves being showcased aesthetically (Rachel W, Ashlee), praised for dance ability (Cici; Ashlee), and for leadership (Caroline ROY).  Caroline has also benefitted from weight loss and improved aesthetics.  She’s clearly talented as she’s KaShara’s pick for point.  

Is there any doubt that the lady formerly known as the teacher who gets confused with Molly was selected #18?

One item that may contradict my analysis is the shot of Judy’s paper from the episode.  It contains the Show Group list with Rachel W at #18.  It also contains circles, question marks and other notation.  It’s possible this is the actual list according to finish.

• Useful 1
Just now, DCCFan197605 said:

One item that may contradict my analysis is the shot of Judy’s paper from the episode.  It contains the Show Group list with Rachel W at #18.  It also contains circles, question marks and other notation.  It’s possible this is the actual list according to finish.

I don't put any stock in the order that they are announced... 1.Daphne 2.Tess 3.Kelcey 4.VK 5.Ashlee 6.Amanda 7.Carol .... by the time Carol was announced, Heather and Amy (plus a few others) are already standing, but Maddie, Gina, Rachel W and Bridget are still on the floor congratulating her.  There's NO WAY I'll ever be convinced that VK is ranked 4th over all of them..

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

I don't put any stock in the order that they are announced... 1.Daphne 2.Tess 3.Kelcey 4.VK 5.Ashlee 6.Amanda 7.Carol .... by the time Carol was announced, Heather and Amy (plus a few others) are already standing, but Maddie, Gina, Rachel W and Bridget are still on the floor congratulating her.  There's NO WAY I'll ever be convinced that VK is ranked 4th over all of them..

Yeah, the way Kelli's mind works, VK would have been #1.

As for the order they are announced, Jinelle was "the last member announced for show group this year" and she gets a hug from Amy T while sitting down, only to go up to join the rest of show group where Amy T is there to greet her, so...…..yeah, order means nothing:)

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Booboo said:

Kashara would add so much to the show. She is funny, spot on and cute!! CMT needs to at least replace her with Melissa Rycroft, who comes across “drippy” on the show.

YES!  Can we replace Melissa?  Maybe bringing Kashara back CMT is moving toward that.  Let us pray! 🥬 🙏🏽  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, the way Kelli's mind works, VK would have been #1.

As for the order they are announced, Jinelle was "the last member announced for show group this year" and she gets a hug from Amy T while sitting down, only to go up to join the rest of show group where Amy T is there to greet her, so...…..yeah, order means nothing:)

lol  True dat!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/4/2019 at 6:40 AM, GirlInFlux said:

Seeing this makes me wonder what is different now from back in the day. All things considered, 6 or 7 BGs on a squad of 36ish is pretty good. 3 is unacceptable to me.  I’d also like to see more BGs on the team without trying to fit into the DCC cookie cutter. I loved Robin’s hair, but Cersten and Khalyn both have nice natural curls that were always flat ironed or covered in a weave. I know they have a target market, but I also get a lot more attention when I have my hair in natural styles (braids, twists...etc) than when I have a long weave or straightened hair. 

Unpopular opinion 

It's because we're all so woke now. Modernity has brought some good things like not kicking your kids out the house for telling you that their gay but it has IMO also placed us at odds with each other.

As an older millennial I remember when Family Matters and Sister Sister and a half dozen other shows was just a part of normal/everyday American culture, though like me the characters were black. I think BGs were less boxed in then than they are now, they could try out for that "white team" without backlash from social media or having to worry about some ancient racist scandal that has to do with a team or larger organization and has nothing to do with them coming back to haunt them.

Also more and more girls have natural hair, which is healthy and great but with their schedule and outdoor dancing that would be an issue for a lot of natural girls. It takes a lot to maintain and I wouldn't be sweating at a dance studio a few times a week and then in the sun for hours every week and still be able to maintain without spending hours detangling, pre poo, and everything else in between. It would take forever and be another part-time job.

Also braids and twists would be a no, that much spinning and kicking could really hurt someone in the kickline, the hair flip alone with braids could slap someone hard in the eye. And lets not forget your scalp health, that yanking could cause traction alopecia.  

At the same times girls are getting more and more flack for not wearing natural hair. If they wear a wig or weave to braid down their hair and protect it, like Kat, they sometimes get criticism for confirming to European standards of beauty. Newsflash even the non-black girls conform to be a part of the team. When in Rome...ok you get it. Didn't Yuki or Yoshiko tan when everyone knows fair/white skin is the ideal in Asian countries? Haven't several of the girls got injections/nose jobs to be more appealing? 

The decline in BGs will maintain in my opinion...I think 3 or so black girls will now be the norm. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

This is a recent pix of her and this is one of the comments on this pix

talky_tina_

You dance circles around the #illigetimatedcc. Don't forget that. This isn't a real situation, it's staged for the benefit of a tv show. You are far more worthy than you're being given credit for. Chin up.

I really hope she's aware of all the support that she has for being treated so horribly. My heart broke for her as I watched this episode. I'm not so sure I could have put on a brave face and power through rehearsal. She knew going into the office that it wasn't about her dance skills. #teamjalyn

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Lily80 said:

Also just want to say that if Kelli cut Jalyn from Show Group because of some nonsense with VK, it's completely passive aggressive not to tell her why. If it's a punishment for some 'supposed' bad behavior (like Jenna being pulled as point and made to sit out for the HOF game), then freaking TELL her that. Otherwise, you're just creating an atmosphere of anxiety and distrust.

Yeah, then she would have to admit on camera that it’s suddenly not allowed for a veteran to help a rookie, something we’ve seen them do multiple times before and well, given that K&J aren’t always there and that Shelly and GLs run practices, it’s unavoidable. How are you going to say on camera that vets aren’t allowed to offer feedback anymore without sounding deranged? Only by saying that you don’t want your special snowflake specifically getting any negative feedback and well, Kelli is stupid for sure but not THAT stupid.

2 hours ago, Stee said:

1. I don’t think Kelli has any issues being cold, “mean,” distant or a “bitch” (though I hate word). She’s a boss and a manager. Not everyone’s management style has to be “sweet compassionate mom.”

But this episode she seemed .. passive aggressive and emotionally driven - projecting her thoughts on to Jalyns reaction. Going to the lockeroom or bathroom is not always toxic. It can also be sad. Or disappointment. 

2. There is definitely more to the story because there is nothing to explain why Jalyn didn’t make show group. The worst comment was that Kelli didn’t have any notes. The horror!  They even show Jalyn doing a beautiful backflip into a layback position. Even weirder, Jalyn fell flat on her behind last year and still made show group.  I wish @ShellyB would help enlighten us on this, but I suspect she will keep quiet.  It would definitely help squash the rumors and speculation if they had even just said “she’s lacking a charming charismatic personality on visits” or “she wasn’t available for a couple of appearances.”  Give us anything..  Help us understand!  I want to give the team the benefit of the doubt but this episode certainly didn’t provide anything to disprove the gossip and whispers.  And heck, tell JALYN while we’re at it.  She has the right to know.

Regarding your first point, that’s not about her management style. When you punish your employee for a stupid reason and then expect them to act like a robot, you’re just a crappy manager. Now Angela was kinda fairly called out because she let her disappointment affect her performance. Jalyn was perfectly supportive and just needed some time to collect herself and ten worked just as hard. Nothing toxic or unprofessional there to call out.  And well yeah, if you don’t have that basic level of compassion for your employees, you’re just a terrible manager.

As for Shelly, she’s already said that Jalyn got outdanced....

• Love 14

Jalyn's being cut from Show Group and the lack of a reason as to why is perplexing.  If they'd given us a reason, any reason (but hopefully, a really GOOD reason) as to why Jalyn was cut, then we wouldn't have been talking about it nearly as much.  We would have watched for it, but the conversation would likely have been shorter and less in depth.  However, Kelli NEVER gave a reason as to the cut, not even to Jalyn, who deserved an honest answer more than we ever did.  This, and Jalyn's comment as to "Was it something I did outside of Show Group?" or something to that effect leads me to believe the story that Victoria was the cause of it more than ever. 

However, Kelli KNEW that any answer she gave besides the true and honest answer would NEVER be believed and if she said anything remotely close to the fact that Victoria doesn't like being critiqued, criticized or corrected (and it was rumored that Jalyn at least corrected her on something if not the other two as well), then it would only confirm that Victoria is essentially dictating at least some part of choosing who actually made the team depending on who she likes, dislikes or actively hates at any given moment.  Wasn't it said that they were actually looking at cutting Jalyn from the team entirely, partly (or completely) due to what led up to the Show Group cut, but didn't because of how it would be perceived?

If it was true that Jalyn got out-danced, then PROVE it to us.  Show EXACTLY why she got out-danced.  If they can't do that (which they SHOULD be able to do because the entire Show Group audition process was filmed), then it's likely she DIDN'T get out-danced, but a certain someone else did.  That, plus the storied situation with Jalyn supposedly correcting Victoria who then ran to her mom and Kelli upset about being corrected, was probably enough to give them a scapegoat.  As to what Shelly said about Jalyn being out-danced, didn't she also say something about the why being shown?  I understand she doesn't control the editing process, but to tell us it would be shown (if indeed my memory is correct) then it's not, makes a lot of people look bad and that they're trying to cover something up.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yeah, then she would have to admit on camera that it’s suddenly not allowed for a veteran to help a rookie, something we’ve seen them do multiple times before and well, given that K&J aren’t always there and that Shelly and GLs run practices, it’s unavoidable. How are you going to say on camera that vets aren’t allowed to offer feedback anymore without sounding deranged? Only by saying that you don’t want your special snowflake specifically getting any negative feedback and well, Kelli is stupid for sure but not THAT stupid.

Regarding your first point, that’s not about her management style. When you punish your employee for a stupid reason and then expect them to act like a robot, you’re just a crappy manager. Now Angela was kinda fairly called out because she let her disappointment affect her performance. Jalyn was perfectly supportive and just needed some time to collect herself and ten worked just as hard. Nothing toxic or unprofessional there to call out.  And well yeah, if you don’t have that basic level of compassion for your employees, you’re just a terrible manager.

As for Shelly, she’s already said that Jalyn got outdanced....

Maybe Shelly meant that we would see that she was being a scapegoat for Vicki to continue to be given anything and everything she wants, and that Kelli has once again allowed Vickie to tell her how to run her team!!!

Edited by jlc
To make more sense. Lol
  • Love 3