Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 9/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, MTTFan said:

Maybe -- but they didn't wash out of TC the first time out and then come back to TCC and not only make the team but make SG.  They were also group leaders I believe.

VK was excused because of her mom -- she is never going to get around that -- the same way that Cassie will never get around the fact that she made it back her last year after injury because of Judy.

Jay was right -- if she had been other candidate she would not have made it back.  (Yes, I know Danielle made back after injury, but maybe she shouldn't have.  On the other hand, she obviously worked her ass off to get back to where she needed to be.)

Unfortunately the hypocrisy and lack of consistency is rampant -- we can all bitch about it but there it is.

Danielle's injury was a quick fix. She just needed to wait until the cut healed and would have been fine. Cassie on the other hand tore ligaments. Once you tear a ligament you are never the same and it takes months of rehab to heal. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion on this board, but VK looks great in this picture.

IMG_7656.JPG

Not with me 🙂 I think she looks fantastic...but that line is a little screwy 🙂 

For our people who like to do charts/diagrams/etc....has anyone put together a layout of the kickline order?  I'm just curious.  

• Love 6
On 9/11/2019 at 7:46 AM, MelTexGirl said:

I have been going through the thread since Sunday but haven’t seen anything about the alternate situation.

Please correct me if I’m wrong. So first game Rachel A. sat out and second game Kat sat out. Does anyone know what happened with this last game? Thanks. 

I haven’t seen an answer for sure on this but I may have missed it. Anyone know who sat out the last game?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion on this board, but VK looks great in this picture.

IMG_7656.JPG

Man the line is so wonky, I didn't even notice VK until I made the effort to look for her. You know the line is horrible when its so bad that it even distracts from VK's blinding chompers. It's funny but when I first saw this picture I swear I could hear Judy's voice in my head yelling "LINES"!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Jesiklyn said:

Who are the two circles in red?

The one between Heather and Bridget looks like maybe Lily, but awful facial and I have no idea who the other is next to Madeline

Lily and I think the new Taylor

1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

Who are the two circles in red?

The one between Heather and Bridget looks like maybe Lily, but awful facial and I have no idea who the other is next to Madeline

20190913_113752.jpg

Lily and TAylor P, and her midriff looks heavy.

The line is horrible 

• Love 3
On 9/7/2019 at 2:06 AM, Loves2Dance said:

And, here we are on another Saturday, where I've realized Friday evening has passed by and I completely forgot this show was even on. 

Update: I have remembered to put it on my DVR...will I remember to watch it? Maybe. But it's progress. 

• LOL 6

Okay so still normally a lurker but I have some thoughts..

Dont hate me BUT VK looks wonderful! If we didn’t have our judgements of her from last year and her relationship with DCC already I think she would make it regardless. 

Kristen.. I don’t like, there is something about her I just don’t see “America’s sweet heart”. It’s almost up there with Gina for me. Resting witch face possibly? IDK something about Kristen just  irks me behind belief for both of them. Maybe Kristen will prove me wrong just I do not like her for some reason. 

Lisa I’m scared is going to be a Heather H or Allie and she’ll be cut after the first year. She’s tiny and curvy and sometimes I think she’ll be one to be told it’s not their “look” even though I personally love her and think she’s a good one.

Not for anyone specific BUT more a thought. Like if you are trying to become a DCC you should be able to pick up a routine fast, just like the vets. I just got done with the Charm dance from this past weeks episode these girls should be able to pick it up decently in my opinion. I’m not a dancer so I don’t know if I’m being harsh? But just my thought process. 

Ok my mumble jumble over haha 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

And, sadly, still is. I hear she’s even worse now that she’s been given a spot on the team. #illegitimatedcc

How could she be worse?  Is she telling others how to be? Is she stuck up or does she push herself into others friend circles?

• Love 1

Honestly, I’m happy for Victoria. I was totally against her making the team lasy year for obvious reasons, but she doesn’t look bad this year. I’m still mad about the comments about chandlers gummy smile a couple of years ago, but I don’t mind Victoria’s teeth, she’s still pretty in her own way. She waited 18 years to finally be able to try out last year and I can only imagine how hurt she must have been to (rightly) not make it, but this year she is at least a rookie candidate who dances big and bold and who’s fun to watch. I can’t really say that about a lot of the other candidates..(not seeing a lot of her on the show probably helps me like her more though).

now Kristen... at this point I’m actually amazed she made it. I loved her last year and I was so rooting for her this year. Didn’t she get cut for not wowing? Well she doesn’t seem to be wowing any choreographers yet this year either, plus she tends to look a little thick. I really hope she starts showing some wow sometime soon and doesn’t just make the team because she knows sign language... 

I think Lily should be a little better as well considering how late she got cut last year, she knows some of the dances, she knows what to expect... 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

And, sadly, still is. I hear she’s even worse now that she’s been given a spot on the team. #illegitimatedcc

Can you elaborate? What does she do to piss everyone off? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

A video of the Back To Football Halftime Show from Sunday's game was posted on YouTube earlier today. 

Loved that performance.

Kelsey (rookie) has some serious booty popping happening around the 2mins mark. She looked great.

Has anyone from r&b even become a dcc or vice versa?

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Loved that performance.

Kelsey (rookie) has some serious booty popping happening around the 2mins mark. She looked great.

Has anyone from r&b even become a dcc or vice versa?

If this is the "booty pop" you are referring to, that's Amber on the front right.  Kelcey is on the other side of the field.

Teri Lynn was the only DCRB that I'm aware of that made DCC.

2019-09-13 (5) - Copy.png

DCC Teri  Lynn.jpg

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Tootie said:

If this is the "booty pop" you are referring to, that's Amber on the front right.  Kelcey is on the other side of the field.

Teri Lynn was the only DCRB that I know of that made DCC.

2019-09-13 (5) - Copy.png

DCC Teri  Lynn.jpg

Here's a video of one of Teri's performances with them the year before she became a DCC. She was front and center in this one.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

A video of the Back To Football Halftime Show from Sunday's game was posted on YouTube earlier today. 

Well that was boring 😴😴😴😴 Such a waste of the amazing talent of the groups involved with that routine.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, SimplePleasures said:

At about the 2:08 mark of that video it looks like the lady circled (I can't tell who it is and I won't hazard a guess) seems to have forgotten the choreography.  It was glaring when it happened in the video.

Bad Dancer.jpg

I think the alternating lines are doing different choreography.  If you notice the girls behind her and 2 rows to her right are standing in the same pose.  

I did notice around 2:19, the lines are bad.  Amy is way out of line (unless she's in another line we can't see from the camera angle).

I liked the halftime show and would like to see the DCC do more complex choreography more often.  They are certainly skilled enough to do it!

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Route66 said:

However, she has a multitude of advantages that other equally pretty and talented girls don't have.

I think the majority of DCC have this.  Of course, it really did help that her mom and Kelli were BFF.

Sometimes while I am doing farm work I listen to podcasts (mostly old time radio like Suspense, the Zero Hour, Dragnet, etc.  But I also like Dave Ramsey mostly because it is 3 hours and the majority of the time gives good advice about debt.   Even he says that it is virtually impossible getting a job at some places simply by posting on one of those online job websites.  One of his employees (maybe Ken Coleman?) has written a book called The Proximity Principle that points out you must be in the right place at the right time and know the right people to get a great position and Ramsey says you have to know someone within that organization to even get an interview, and that goes for his organization also.

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Kayce said:
4 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Is this Lily?

2.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's Lily....torso is too lean and  long to be Lisa nor is the chin pointed enough. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Route66 said:

Regarding VK, and I've said this before, yes she looks good now and dances well enough. Nobody disputes that. However, she has a multitude of advantages that other equally pretty and talented girls don't have.  Last season she was offered the entirety of training camp which she didn't deserve, due to both weight and immaturity. She was given a pass regarding the doctor's visit. When she was cut she was promised backwards and forwards that she'd make the team in the future. There's zero doubt she received ongoing coaching and training from DCC staff and affiliates over the course of the past year. She had nearly nothing to worry about as far as nerves. When she screwed up during tryouts, they all laughed it off. If Malena had fallen out of a turn they would not have laughed but used it as proof she hadn't improved. That VK is doing well now isn't proof of a lack of favoritism. If many girls who were cut were given the same support and second chances they'd be doing as well as VK. I'm sure if Gabby weren't cut and her mom was Tina Kalina, the weight would have been off by opening game day and she'd be an equally good or better performer.

I think she is starting to put some weight back on. I know a lot of girls start gaining a little weight, but as we know, VK doesn't  do anything small. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I’m surprised Lisa made it. She looks questionable in the uniform and a total mean girl. She is very much disliked by her former Mav teammates. Just shows how weak this year’s rookies are. 

Was she on the Mavs with Lexie and Alexis or after their time? 

3 hours ago, Route66 said:

Regarding VK, and I've said this before, yes she looks good now and dances well enough. Nobody disputes that. However, she has a multitude of advantages that other equally pretty and talented girls don't have.  Last season she was offered the entirety of training camp which she didn't deserve, due to both weight and immaturity. She was given a pass regarding the doctor's visit. When she was cut she was promised backwards and forwards that she'd make the team in the future. There's zero doubt she received ongoing coaching and training from DCC staff and affiliates over the course of the past year. She had nearly nothing to worry about as far as nerves. When she screwed up during tryouts, they all laughed it off. If Malena had fallen out of a turn they would not have laughed but used it as proof she hadn't improved. That VK is doing well now isn't proof of a lack of favoritism. If many girls who were cut were given the same support and second chances they'd be doing as well as VK. I'm sure if Gabby weren't cut and her mom was Tina Kalina, the weight would have been off by opening game day and she'd be an equally good or better performer.

This happens in every form of life/career ...not just dance .... the old saying applies its not always what you know but who you know ...is it fair ... No but  life is not fair.... Beside ....Kelli would not put someone on the field that would make her look bad and have Charlotte coming after her. VK has the training she was extremely immature last year and needed slap of reality when they cut her... get your act together or you wont make the team.  

Edited by lah715
  • Love 5

Just an interesting observation from seeing sooooo many episodes on Pluto that in early seasons, they taught the dance at semi’s & demonstrated the dance back that afternoon.  Then they Never did the dance again, they only did the kick line at finals.  I have been watching DCC since the 2 hour pilot but had no remembered this.  Wonder when it changed?