Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

There is literally nothing to suggest that she performed poorly during SG auditions. Nothing. No one said that, and she was not shown struggling during the dance portions. The worst comment was Kelli (who clearly had other issues with Jalyn and should not be taken seriously - about anything IMO) saying that she didn’t write anything down on her.

Now, if Jalyn performed badly and they just conveniently edited out all of the comments and all of the clips (clips that would supported Kelli’s viewpoint), then Kelli isn’t just a joke of a manager, but she’s a joke of an executive producer too. 

Not standing out is the same thing as performing poorly when your talking about SG.   MRS and Jacie both noticed VK positively, which was more than noticed Jalyn.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Hildegard802 said:

Ugh.  Watching Cassie's rookie season and how absolutely awful she was, both in appearance and dance and yet she made it. She and Judy were both insufferable with their tears and collapses on each other.  Seeing Cassie again while knowing Victoria's legacy arc puts a really bad taste in my mouth.  

Yeah Cassie was pretty awful that first year. The only reason she made it out of prelims was her last name. Victoria is a much better dancer than Cassie and she’s much prettier. But I understand the sentiment!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Jalyn in not the best dancer on the team people .... better than others is an opinion .

Being a clean dancer and a big dancer can make the difference of being noticed.

If she wasn't noticed by all the judges that is not the other dancers problem ... gotta move on.

The girl did not quit so she must have sucked it up and moved on herself already 

If you are one the cover of the calendar one year and not chosen the next do you quit???

She wasn't pushed out ..... we was not chosen

Show group is for private corporate parties and small events that only Dallas area sees anymore really.  I think someone posted they were no longer going overseas (could be wrong!)

Being on the team you are worldwide on game day .... pros and cons for everything.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

There is literally nothing to suggest that she performed poorly during SG auditions. Nothing. No one said that, and she was not shown struggling during the dance portions. The worst comment was Kelli (who clearly had other issues with Jalyn and should not be taken seriously - about anything IMO) saying that she didn’t write anything down on her.

Now, if Jalyn performed badly and they just conveniently edited out all of the comments and all of the clips (clips that would supported Kelli’s viewpoint), then Kelli isn’t just a joke of a manager, but she’s a joke of an executive producer too. 

I still dont think its a point of doing badly just not making an impression ... maybe the way Rachel did.  Charlotte once asked about a vet making it back on the team did they do anything to keep it when Christy said she didnt think they did anything to lose it ... same thing with show group. (Not sure what vet that was)  Brennan was clean and they cut her .... she was boring at that time.  SG is usually made up of majority votes. So you had Kelli Jacie Shelly Melissa voting yes there you go 

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I’ll agree to disagree. The “not standing out” seems to be based on Kelli’s comment, and I don’t find Kelli credible. And I also don’t think we know who noticed Jalyn. It’s highly unlikely that only 3 comments were made about her or any other girl during deliberations. 

And to be clear, I don’t care about VK. She’s nothing more than a footnote in this story IMO. If Kelli switched them out for petty reasons, that’s on Kelli 100%. 

Melissa was the first to bring up Victoria with Jacie following behind her

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Jalyn in not the best dancer on the team people .... better than others is an opinion .

Being a clean dancer and a big dancer can make the difference of being noticed.

If she wasn't noticed by all the judges that is not the other dancers problem ... gotta move on.

The girl did not quit so she must have sucked it up and moved on herself already 

If you are one the cover of the calendar one year and not chosen the next do you quit???

She wasn't pushed out ..... we was not chosen

Show group is for private corporate parties and small events that only Dallas area sees anymore really.  I think someone posted they were no longer going overseas (could be wrong!)

Being on the team you are worldwide on game day .... pros and cons for everything.

Ummm, they are not worldwide on game day.  Maybe 8-10 seconds max, if the game is broadcast.  You only see the DCC if you are at a game and/or grocery store, sometimes. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I still dont think its a point of doing badly just not making an impression ... maybe the way Rachel did.  Charlotte once asked about a vet making it back on the team did they do anything to keep it when Christy said she didnt think they did anything to lose it ... same thing with show group. (Not sure what vet that was)  Brennan was clean and they cut her .... she was boring at that time.  SG is usually made up of majority votes. So you had Kelli Jacie Shelly Melissa voting yes there you go 

I’m not following. The post I quoted specifically referred to Jalyn performing poorly, which simply was not shown. There’s certainly plenty of things that could’ve happened. We didn’t see them. That’s all I’m saying.

The “Jalyn just wasn’t noticed or performed poorly” angle is no less speculative than the “VK got her cut” story. People can believe can believe what they want, but I’m not giving the benefit of the doubt to people who have control in the editing room. 

I don’t base my opinions on how things turn out for my favorites. My bad feelings about this episode aren’t out of affection for Jalyn. If Rachel W, who I don’t like at all, had been cut and then treated like crap, I would have the same opinion. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Well now Kelli could make something up about why Jalyn didn't make it after all this backlash. I mean if she even knows about it or cares lol. I'm sure some people will believe it and say there! 

We're talking about the same Kelli who doesn't understand why fans were upset about Victoria last season, and who doesn't understand why some don't think she should be on the squad.  And even if she explained why Jalyn didn't make show group, at this point, the damage has been done. 

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, TxBex said:

It's clear that there are two opposing camps regarding Victoria. Either you think she's come back stronger and better this year, or you think she skated onto the team because of her connections. I actually don't dislike her and think that she could have made the team this year on her own merits. That being said, I don't find her the best in the room by any stretch of the imagination. Better than Bridget or Gina? Really? IMHO, she's not even the best rookie. From what they've shown, I think Amanda, Lisa and Kelcey are better. I have yet to be wowed with any clip they've shown of VK. I think she's a blender at best. I also think that she's benefited from a very favorable edit this year. TPTB have been careful to only show her in a positive light. There's a clear narrative to make us believe she's so good. If she actually is, then show it. A prolonged clip of her outdancing capable vets beside her would shut every one up. I don't need Kelli oohing and ahhing edited to a 5 second clip, because that's what you want me to see and believe. SHOW ME THE MONEY! Back up the best in the room talk with undeniable video. Shut me up with a clip of her amazing dancing. Make me eat my words. It's this lack of transparency that leaves me questioning what the truth actually is.

She looked good in the middle of that dance at the veteran hospital.   She looked good in what they showed of her solo.  She looked good last year in that bonus clip of the mentoring session w/ MRS.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s probably done some conventions with him or he was a guest at her studio.    I’m sure she’s not the only dancer in TC that’s done that stuff.   He’s still very big in the dance world and I don’t think he’d back a dancer he didn’t think was actually good.  

Unless it was to try to get himself more screen time by becoming Kelli's new BFF by "loving" Vk, that is!  Please, all these people that LOVE VK really LOVE what Kelli can do for them.  That's why Cheryl Burke didn't notice her.  She can't be bought with screen time.  But even our past favs like Marshall and Scott got bought this year.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, lah715 said:

Kelli has never even tried to get us to believe that.  Votes are opinions.  The judges opinions are taken into consideration.  Those votes are often referred to later, but again, not even KF claims it is a majority vote.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Opine said:

Unless it was to try to get himself more screen time by becoming Kelli's new BFF by "loving" Vk, that is!  Please, all these people that LOVE VK really LOVE what Kelli can do for them.  That's why Cheryl Burke didn't notice her.  She can't be bought with screen time.  But even our past favs like Marshall and Scott got bought this year.

I really don’t think Travis Wall is so desperate for screen time that he’d resort to these things for attention...lol.   He’s very famous in the dance world and has been a part of things WAY bigger than DCC MTT for years.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

I feel like Kelli literally does not care. Maybe she has a perverse enjoyment of showing how powerful she is?

So an editor stuck it in there because they knew it would be a good hook for the infamy of the show. I mean look at us with pages and pages dissecting it all.

Baby really should be hidden in a corner.

All of this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Opine said:

WAnd since I have been so "chatty" tonight, I thought I'd clarify a few of my opinions:

1.  Jalyn

Attractive, not gorgeous or sexy but cleans up well

Clean dancer, doesn't knock my socks off

Favorite rookie from last year?  Nope, not by a long shot

Did she get screwed this year?  Yep

2.  VK

Gorgeous hair and truly to die for legs

Face - no. 

Expression - no.

Good dancer - no, technically not good to even an untrained eye

Improved - yes, but she should be!  If TK and friends haven't been locking her in the studio and giving her a private every night shame on them

Professional - no, she doesn't even understand there is a line between personal and professional much less respect it

Cancer in the clubhouse - yes, and it just didn't have to be that way.  (That is the most annoying thing to me)

Kelli -

Defensive?  yep, we are all when we know we are wrong

Except she is actually good and multiple people have said so on the show - we’re on episode 7 and all her feedback has been positive but one person, and that person just didn’t notice her.  She outscored multiple vets - many of which were on show group last year - at finals. 

What’s more likely? - a vast conspiracy of every judge and every guest choreographer, including many who are really big names outside of CMT or DCC...oh and every editor and producer on CMT - OR that she actually is a good dancer and has improved/matured.   And no one is saying she’s as good as Holly Powell - just that she’s good enough to be in show group, might be better than Jayln, and just might be the best rookie in TC right now.

I mean the girl was cut last year and was given a horrible edit on the show - if everyone was on this mission to make sure she makes the team, why didn’t they just just put her on then?  Or at least make sure CMT gave her a good edit - since the conspirators are able to control CMT now?

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Look at the position of Caroline's movements in the last episode.  Watch how Amanda's turns don't move an inch from where she started the movement.   My teachers would say VK dances "heavy".  There's nothing light or airy about any of her movements.

OMG, this. I'm not a dancer, but this is exactly what I see. Her movements are heavy, uncontrolled. To my untrained eye, she looks fine--even good--in the DCC power pom style. But she does not have the same technique as the rest of the dancers on Show Group. Even rookie Taylor seemed to out-dance her at the SG auditions.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I don't think her name would have even been in the conversation for show group if she weren't Tina's daughter.

This is the thing. VK doesn't have to stand out. She will automatically be noticed because of who she is. And during deliberations, the judges--consciously or not--are going to want to vote her in because of who she is and what she means to Kelli (and some of them, as well). It is what it is, but let's not claim she's in the top 18 dance or performance-wise.

• Love 16

Just watched the episode and Victoria didn't stand out to me as that great during show group auditions. Certainly not when they showed her dancing next to Caroline, and cut to Melissa saying she liked her. Like what? She didn't look like she was doing much while Caroline was popping! Of course with editing , we don't know if that's really the exact time Melissa pointed her out. Sure she may be good enough for the team, but she's definitely not one of their top dancers. IMO

• Love 18
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I mean the girl was cut last year and was given a horrible edit on the show - if everyone was on this mission to make sure she makes the team, why didn’t they just just put her on then?

Because of her weight. It was too obvious. If she looked like she does now last year, she absolutely would have made it. No denying she looks really good this year. I think she's really pretty, actually.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

I think Jalyn looks stunning here. I acknowledge that her look isn't everyone's preferred look for a DCC, but that's one of the things I love about her. 

If everyone had the preferred look, then Kelli would be complaining that they were blending:)  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I think Jalyn looks stunning here. I acknowledge that her look isn't everyone's preferred look for a DCC, but that's one of the things I love about her. 

I always love the DCC who look a little 'different', those who are beautiful but not in a model-esque way. Jayln is one of those for me! Many of the 'Kelli-pretty' DCC have had bland personalities! 

Edited by DCC-UK
Replicated
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I just caught a piece of Devil Weas Prada the other day, and she looks remarkably like Emily Blunt in that movie!

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Just because they keep feeding us this very specific and repetitive narrative doesn’t mean that it’s completely accurate.  They control the footage and the edit.  

In other words, keep pushing the BS CMT, and we'll keep on believing what we see.  There will always be a Veruca supporter or two.  Some might even think she can dance.  But you can't fool all the people all the time.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, Opine said:

Kelli has never even tried to get us to believe that.  Votes are opinions.  The judges opinions are taken into consideration.  Those votes are often referred to later, but again, not even KF claims it is a majority vote.

I know during team tryouts opinions are taken into consideration but the past few seasons they have showed them deliberating SG and then happy to get to the number for SG Kelli making a comment about something like okay here is our team .... Jackie Bob was a judge one year ....hmmm

• Love 1

We all knew Holly was a superstar because they showed it, all the time!  

If they had a dancer anywhere near her caliber, I believe we would be seeing it. 

‘They can’t show what they don’t have.  

• Love 14