Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Wow so many post from last night .... it cracks me up that a 19 year old girl has taken over the topic of this thread.  There are other rookies and vets to talk about .... VK is a legacy and as long as she doesn't do anything stupid she is there until she is not .... 

Speaking of vets to talk about ... very curious about the Christina talk on Friday .... the girl barely made into camp wonder if Kelli is going say something to her about that .....

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

We all knew Holly was a superstar because they showed it, all the time!  

If they had a dancer anywhere near her caliber, I believe we would be seeing it. 

‘They can’t show what they don’t have.  

I agree Holly was a good dancer but her attitude changed .... When they interviewed her in the locker room after ... she said she knew what she did was wrong but enjoyed it and felt that her dancing was an asset to the team I had the feeling that she felt that even if she was doing things against the rules it should be overlooked because she was so good .... she was willing to keep lying until she could not and then had nothing to say .... I have known people who would lie and then tell a lie to cover that lie get caught and then rationalize why they lied be contrite and then do it again ... sorry but that girl was trouble and had to go and Jenna was lucky to have been kept for her last season 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I agree Holly was a good dancer but her attitude changed .... When they interviewed her in the locker room after ... she said she knew what she did was wrong but enjoyed it and felt that her dancing was an asset to the team I had the feeling that she felt that even if she was doing things against the rules it should be overlooked because she was so good .... she was willing to keep lying until she could not and then had nothing to say .... I have known people who would lie and then tell a lie to cover that lie get caught and then rationalize why they lied be contrite and then do it again ... sorry but that girl was trouble and had to go and Jenna was lucky to have been kept for her last season 

I agree about Holly. To me she always seemed very impressed with herself, acting like no one was on her level. Worse yet, in every picture, her expression was "I am yours for the asking". 

Before everyone starts on me, I know she was an amazing dancer, and a fan favorite, this is just my opinion, but even looking at her IG pictures  she looks like she is competing with Kalissa.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I think Jalyn looks stunning here. I acknowledge that her look isn't everyone's preferred look for a DCC, but that's one of the things I love about her. 

At first glance she looks like Raylee 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Tornado said:

I'm tired of focusing on VK. My new mystery is- What does Kats natural hair look like, and why does she hide it under so many wigs?

Likely to protect it. Especially as a dancer,  her hair can't be washed and blow-dried/straightened every (or every other) day.

17 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Maybe she has a medical condition that affects her hair?

Doubt it. It's common to wear weaves or wigs for AA dancers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I don't think VK is a bad dancer and she has improved from last year, but there is no way in hell that she's better than Jalyn. And as far as rookies go, VK is not better than Kelcey or Amanda.

And what have we seen of Kelsey to be so willing to believe she’s so good?   Besides her making show group?  They’ve showed just as much of VK dancing well than they have Kelsey.  A couple snippets of Thunderstruck and her solo?

Amanda looks good, but she isn’t a perfect dancer either -  she drops her releve and travels on all her turns.  Seems like a typical comp dancer to me, just like Jalyn is.

• LOL 2

Wondering why VK isn’t at a school involved with dance. 18 and 19 for tryouts seem so young. With more experience, post grad, probably none of the drama around her would exist.  

Also, did Lacey (also young) go to college or begin a career while on DCC? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lah715 said:

Lying doesn’t get anyone kicked off this team.  

My point is if they have someone who is a wow, they are not showing it.  

Because Jenna and Holly were great dancers 👯...they were not let go, even with all of the shenanigans.  

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Duffer said:

Wondering why VK isn’t at a school involved with dance. 18 and 19 for tryouts seem so young. With more experience, post grad, probably none of the drama around her would exist.  

Lacey was studying nutrition.  That was according to an article she was featured in.

• Love 1

Ok guys i havent watch the episode yet and i am already mad, i need some advices in order to handle it and watch calmly without anxiety this episode please, i know its going to be hard but damn, FUCK YOU KELLI !!!

I remember in past seasons that Judy said on some girl "i will fight for her..." to someone that kelli didnt like  and Kelli the B... was like 🙄 "dont try me..." and the girl ended being but from the final roster and that just shows that Kelli is a boss ass bitch ( and not meaning int he good way) who doesnt care about Judy's opinion, i think Judy in like the estrict mother of all of them who supports everyone, she is bitchy sometimes but not as kelli. 

Sorry im mad and sad por this whole Jalyn situation.

Edited by MadisonWu
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Duffer said:

I don't think Cassie went to college either. To my knowledge she went from HS, to DCC, to married, and now mom. 

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Maybe she has a medical condition that affects her hair?

Problems with your thyroid can really thin your hair out.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Opine said:

Oh believe me, I know who and what Travis Wall is.  I like him.  Some of his pieces have brought me to tears.  But in their world, you get forgotten quickly.  You have to keep working it and increasing your audience.  When he was first on, many in our little family here didn't know who he was.  So, by being on DCCMTT, he definitely increased his name recognition.  So, yeah, I DEFINITELY believe he's kissing ass for screen time.

I'm going to Cosign this! 

• Love 7

Wondering why VK isn’t at a school involved with dance. 

VK involved in NYCDA, they give away 4 year scholarships to Point Park University in Pittsburgh. I don't know if she is on level to receive one - but I know they don't seem to pay attention to body type. There are a lot of programs like that.

Mama Kalina mentioned she gave up such an opportunity to audition for DCC. 

Otherwise, she would not be accepted into any other serious dance program - eliminated for body type right off the bat. 

In theory, maybe this would have exposed her to different aspects of dance. From what I've seen, I don't think she would have gotten anything out of it.  If you think you are above corrections and seek only those who tell you, you are the best - then yeah, no. 

Has anyone seen the movie, "When the Game Stands Tall?" It's about the "streak" of a California football team.  That school runs a very special program that consists of a lot of training and brotherhood, and the whole "TEAM" aspect.

The wife of one of the coaches runs her own dance school.  It's a comp school - but it has a strong ballet program too. It's technique based.  This school runs its program like the football team. No solos, very team based.  It is the one school that I have seen where bullying is almost non existent and the mom drama is nil.  I have admitted my daughter was a hopper - or a "follower" - she danced wherever it was convenient.  She commuted a lot for school, so I would move her from dance school to dance school - where ever we could fit in opportunities to dance.  One summer she took a junior college class in a neighboring town and this school was nearby.  She did their intensive, and I really wish she could have stayed on.  She learned a lot technique wise and just - mental health wise - it was a great school. I wish they all could be like that. Most dance schools - your classmates are treated with wary and as competition. 

Edited by chabelisaywow
edited for opinion
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

And what have we seen of Kelsey to be so willing to believe she’s so good?   Besides her making show group?  They’ve showed just as much of VK dancing well than they have Kelsey.  A couple snippets of Thunderstruck and her solo?

Amanda looks good, but she isn’t a perfect dancer either -  she drops her releve and travels on all her turns.  Seems like a typical comp dancer to me, just like Jalyn is.

Regular lurker, rare poster here. Kelcey was a member of the Arizona State dance team when they were Team USA and won gold at ICU in 2017:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iml5AQQTdM

She's a very good, technical dancer. And has a unique, pretty look. They really haven't focused on her much, but what they have shown has been great (with the exception of the memory mistake on material they just learned). I'm a fan. 

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

VK involved in NYCDA, they give away 4 year scholarships to Point Park University in Pittsburgh. I don't know if she is on level to receive one - but I know they don't seem to pay attention to body type. There are a lot of programs like that.

I'm pretty sure the opportunity they passed up was offered to Vic when she was 12, I haven't heard about anything since.

43 minutes ago, MadisonWu said:

I remember in past seasons that Judy said on some girl "i will fight for her..." to someone that kelli didnt like  and Kelli the B... was like 🙄 "dont try me..." and the girl ended being but from the final roster

If I'm remembering correctly that was Liz Reuter.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

Lying doesn’t get anyone kicked off this team.  

My point is if they have someone who is a wow, they are not showing it.  

Because Jenna and Holly were great dancers 👯...they were not let go, even with all of the shenanigans.  

Its still early in the season but Bridget Caroline Gina come to mind ... Holly was a show off .... her signature move was the slow slink into a split and pulling herself forward ... cant stand that move reminds me of an exotic dancer not NFL Cheerleader.  She and Erica did that when ever they were asked for improv with guest choreographers ...sorry if that offends some ... yes the girl could spin but so can others. On some level I cant help but wonder if she did a costume malfunction on purpose but did not mean for it to go as far as it did ...she strikes me as that kind of person .. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, mimistoppy said:

Regular lurker, rare poster here. Kelcey was a member of the Arizona State dance team when they were Team USA and won gold at ICU in 2017:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iml5AQQTdM

She's a very good, technical dancer. And has a unique, pretty look. They really haven't focused on her much, but what they have shown has been great (with the exception of the memory mistake on material they just learned). I'm a fan. 

Is that the same team Gabby was on?  Or Chandi - or both?  Or is it another Arizona college team?

I'm pretty sure the opportunity they passed up was offered to Vic when she was 12, I haven't heard about anything since.

wow - I was trying to be nice. I think the "intensity" of getting VK on the team - is really like her livelihood? Seems it's needed because - how else will she move on to next phase of her life? 

• Love 4
Just now, chabelisaywow said:

wow - I was trying to be nice. I think the "intensity" of getting VK on the team - is really like her livelihood? Seems it's needed because - how else will she move on to next phase of her life? 

From what I recall, the reason she didn't go was Tina wasn't comfortable with Victoria being on her own in NYC so young.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Look who’s in the middle 😂.  I will believe she’s matured when she doesn’t care where she is in a photo, but instead is grateful that she is in it.

OMG the poor girl cant win .... wasn't there complaints about being in the front row in the last group photo like this ... so what now she has to be in the back and to the side but make sure not the end or that is a look at me pose also LOL!!!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Otherwise, she would not be accepted into any other serious dance program - eliminated for body type right off the bat. 

In theory, maybe this would have exposed her to different aspects of dance. From what I've seen, I don't think she would have gotten anything out of it.  If you think you are above corrections and seek only those who tell you, you are the best - then yeah, no. 

Seeing VK's lack of self awareness, I'm shocked she wasn't home schooled.  She doesn't seem to have the ability to see herself and her actions reflected in her peers.   I think that's what Kashara was saying last year when she told K/J that she just said stuff and Kashara was like "do you ever listen to what you say?"  If she'd been part of a team focused dance school, she would probably have better social interaction skills.   But seeing how she's been raised as the center of the universe, it can be hard to learn these skills later in life.  I feel for the team mates who will be expected to overlook her awkwardness. 

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Gee - do other guest judges get a birthday wish?  And look who is in the middle.  I know - shocker:)

A) Upthread there was talk of having only 35 on the team with two alternates. Or something like that. One was Kat. Has this theory been true? Who is rotating?

B) What is up with Kat's look here? Something looks different about her - is it the hair? the eyebrows?

19 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

A) Upthread there was talk of having only 35 on the team with two alternates. Or something like that. One was Kat. Has this theory been true? Who is rotating?

B) What is up with Kat's look here? Something looks different about her - is it the hair? the eyebrows?

I'm not wearing my glasses and I thought that was Marshall in a practice uniform.

• LOL 22
10 hours ago, lah715 said:

Speaking of vets to talk about ... very curious about the Christina talk on Friday .... the girl barely made into camp wonder if Kelli is going say something to her about that .....

Same here. The promo showing Christina in the office was the only thing to distract me from being ticked off on Jalyn's behalf. She must have done something because there's been no mention of her on the show since her snafu in the interview. I can't even recall if there was a mention from any of the insiders of her being called into the office on any of the earlier pages.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

From what they have shown of her already, and from K & J's comments on Kelcey, prove her to be a better dancer than VK. But hey, to each their own. If you think VK is a better dancer than Kelcey, that is your opinion. I don't see it and she has not been proven to be better than Kelcey by what I've seen of her dancing.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MadisonWu said:

Ok guys i havent watch the episode yet and i am already mad, i need some advices in order to handle it and watch calmly without anxiety this episode please, i know its going to be hard but damn, FUCK YOU KELLI !!!

I remember in past seasons that Judy said on some girl "i will fight for her..." to someone that kelli didnt like  and Kelli the B... was like 🙄 "dont try me..." and the girl ended being but from the final roster and that just shows that Kelli is a boss ass bitch ( and not meaning int he good way) who doesnt care about Judy's opinion, i think Judy in like the estrict mother of all of them who supports everyone, she is bitchy sometimes but not as kelli. 

Sorry im mad and sad por this whole Jalyn situation.

I legitimately had to fast forward through parts, I was pretty fired up. It’s good to  know what’s going to happen before you watch it though. Takes the edge off. Reach out and support those you support on social media. To those you don’t, just move along. Karma finds a way.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, lah715 said:

Its still early in the season but Bridget Caroline Gina come to mind ... Holly was a show off .... her signature move was the slow slink into a split and pulling herself forward ... cant stand that move reminds me of an exotic dancer not NFL Cheerleader.  She and Erica did that when ever they were asked for improv with guest choreographers ...sorry if that offends some ... yes the girl could spin but so can others. On some level I cant help but wonder if she did a costume malfunction on purpose but did not mean for it to go as far as it did ...she strikes me as that kind of person .. 

It was her signature move, but I don’t think TPTB are really interested in subtlety or nuance—which she could also do very well. When they fawn over Amy, (she’s darling and has a great personality for cheerleading, definitely) girl’s technique is... not good. Full stop. They’re want flash in a pan, power, and projection. Which is great. They’re cheerleaders, they should. Holly’s ability and control was bananas. Soooo good. I think she showed off cuz she was bored. Just a guess. And she could. Big fish, small pond. I don’t think there’s anyway she’d malfunction on purpose. She’s TOO GOOD. Taking the spotlight away from what she does best would be so beneath her, and frankly insulting to a highly trained dancer. 

6 hours ago, Donna S said:

Victoria may have had "technical training", but she is definitely not a "technical dancer".

This. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
On 9/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, hathorlive said:

There are many kids who have been expelled from schools across the country for wearing an afro or braids to school.  Some schools have no "ethnic" hair clauses in place, which is a racist ideal that straight, relaxed hair is natural, when in fact it is not.  People should wear their hair how ever they want and not be forced to chemically process it for some one else's ideal.

This white girl would be up in arms if I found out a local school was doing this---not acceptable at all. 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:00 PM, TUOwl84 said:

Anyone else think that if Jalyn auditions again next year this could be used against her to make next years training camp?

Yes. 

Let's be real, if Jalyn did anything negative during the previous year she would have been cut like Gabby. But Jalyn's 'offense' was after training camp started and because Kelli is a vindictive witch, she will use it against her if Jalyn tries out for year 3. If I were her, I would not be back. 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:18 PM, cheeseslices said:

I could see VK holding on fo rat least 6-7 years. She literally has NOTHING else to do. Her whole life was for this. But I could see TK finding a nice rich man so little ole VK would never have to work a day in her life.

This is very true and a similar path that Cassie took. She may end up like Lexie and get married and stay on the team, but Vikkie is going to have to marry up if she wants a nicer life because Lord knows that girl is never getting a career of her own. 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:32 PM, lah715 said:

I believe you have to work or be in school ... charity work does not count

We dont really know what her personal life is like and what she is doing ... and according to the rules you must be in school or working . You cant be schlep all day no matter who you are

It may be in the rules, but it's not enforced. That said, Vikkie was taking classes at the local community college---she could still be doing that. 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, SSAHotchner said:

Maybe Kelli's daughter has seen how her mother has been consumed with DCC and doesn't want that kind of life herself. Maybe she wishes her mother would have spent more time nurturing her and helping her to become whoever she was meant to be rather than putting her whole life into the DCC. 

Kelli's daughter can't dance. If Sam F. had any dance ability of musicality, I firmly believe she would be Cassie 2.0 and Vikkie would be no one. But, Sam F. can't dance and therefore was replaced by Vikkie. 

On 9/16/2019 at 1:27 PM, JennieM said:

Wow just watched the last episode with Jalyn, the bit where she talks about whether it may have been something outside of show group auditions sounds fishy! Wasn't there similar issues with Tara getting cut last year?

*nods*

On 9/16/2019 at 2:00 PM, MyFavShows said:

Victoria has technical training and she’s not the first 18-19 year old to make show group.   A lot of the girls have a lot of pro dance experience before making DCC - in fact the DCC rejects plenty of very experienced pro dance girls and girls w/ dance degrees.

And goodness - they took other new people into SG outside of VK.   Why aren’t we taking about Jalyn versus Rachel A or the other two rookies?

Well, beyond the fact that Jalyn's name was crossed out for Vikkie's; Vikkie isn't a stronger dancer than Amanda or Kelcey so she couldn't have beat them. To be honest, I'm surprised Vikkie made it over Lisa. 

On 9/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, hathorlive said:

Travis Wall knows VK from all the dance classes he's had.  Little girls like VK pay his salary and give him funds to do projects.  Of course he's going to talk up VK.  If she does well, he'll get more little dancers into his classes and make more money.  If Travis truly like the way she danced, why hasn't he offered her a job in one of his gigs?

Because she'd have to actually be good, take corrections and have proper technique. 😜 

On 9/16/2019 at 8:42 PM, ClosetDCCFan said:

They clearly underestimate our CIA-level attention to minute detail!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Idiots. The internet is forever, though I do believe Kelli & Co. forgets that from time to time. 

• Love 9

I remember a poster saying they were going to look at Kelli's Twitter account - did she get reamed on that for what happened with Jalyn?  Cause there were a lot of comments on IG and FB.  Or did anything get posted on Judy's account?  I was wondering cause sometimes they will post something right back.

15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

The internet is forever

And so are reruns:)  If and when this season (or last season for that matter) starts airing on Pluto, the Past Seasons thread is going to blow up.

• Love 5

I know Jalyn is a great DCC cheerleader. Something tells me she irks Kelli and Judy. My heart believes it is a personal issue that would sound petty for either of them to voice. Like others, I almost forgot she was on the team because she is rarely featured this season. Is it possible she showed dissatisfaction when group leaders were announced? Did she say something ignorant about one or both of them that got back to them? What an uncomfortable situation. Everyone in that room knew why Jalyn was being called into the office. I don’t know what I would do in her position. Hate to believe they would cut her a returning SG candidate to make room for three TCC’s. It would be less dramatic to cut one of the TCC’s. This is why I think it is personal. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, MamaMia said:

I know Jalyn is a great DCC cheerleader. Something tells me she irks Kelli and Judy. My heart believes it is a personal issue that would sound petty for either of them to voice. Like others, I almost forgot she was on the team because she is rarely featured this season. Is it possible she showed dissatisfaction when group leaders were announced? Did she say something ignorant about one or both of them that got back to them? What an uncomfortable situation. Everyone in that room knew why Jalyn was being called into the office. I don’t know what I would do in her position. Hate to believe they would cut her a returning SG candidate to make room for three TCC’s. It would be less dramatic to cut one of the TCC’s. This is why I think it is personal. 

That make sense

On 9/16/2019 at 3:40 AM, ByTor said:

Did she really choose Caroline for point?  That was some of the choppiest editing ever. "Caroline" sounded spliced in, like her name was brought up but I'm not necessarily sure she was the ultimate choice.

@ByTor Thanks so much for pointing this out. I'll admit to also getting stuck on this "KaShara called for Caroline to be point" thing just like so many others where. However, after cooling off these past couple of days and thinking about it, I can totally see how CMT could do something like that. Thanks for letting cooler heads prevail! 😉

Edited by Lona
  • Love 6
On 9/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, Jazzmom said:

Ummm, they are not worldwide on game day.  Maybe 8-10 seconds max, if the game is broadcast.  You only see the DCC if you are at a game and/or grocery store, sometimes. 

Should have clarified what I meant sorry that was too general for some ..... by known world wide (ie game footage/ you tube and internet ... is that better???  If these cheerleaders are so local then why do girls from other countries try out ???? Big picture ..... I got it Jalyn was robbed the world has stopped turning Victoria is the evil step sister and Jalyn relegated to mopping the locker room bathroom LOL!!!!

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

Should have clarified what I meant sorry that was too general for some ..... by known world wide (ie game footage/ you tube and internet ... is that better???  If these cheerleaders are so local then why do girls from other countries try out ???? Big picture ..... I got it Jalyn was robbed the world has stopped turning Victoria is the evil step sister and Jalyn relegated to mopping the locker room bathroom LOL!!!!

The DCC definitely have worldwide/international appeal.  Don't know why anyone would deny it.  During games, no NFL squad is shown much, though.  

18 hours ago, lah715 said:

Look who’s in the middle 😂.  I will believe she’s matured when she doesn’t care where she is in a photo, but instead is grateful that she is in it.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Heather and Amy are always in the front/middle as well?

29 minutes ago, DCCdazzle said:

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Heather and Amy are always in the front/middle as well?

They are GLs and 2 out of the 4 senior vets. GLs are always front and center and I think they’ve earned it.

• Love 22
15 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

They are GLs and 2 out of the 4 senior vets. GLs are always front and center and I think they’ve earned it.

What I don't like about the pictures are those ridiculous "head cocked to the side" poses.... 😛

• LOL 2
  • Love 3