Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Just now, phylogeny said:

I'm a little bothered by how they've taken so much input from flamboyant men as guest choreographers but goodness forbid they had put one who seemed to be a very talented dancer on the team. Alas, I'm aware of how that would probably be received by the nfl fandom.

Or why they take these male choreographer's opinions over retired vet's opinions (like Kashara).

• Love 8

WTH am I watching with this spa scene? WTH is this?

9 minutes ago, phylogeny said:

I'm a little bothered by how they've taken so much input from flamboyant men as guest choreographers but goodness forbid they had put one who seemed to be a very talented dancer on the team.

PREACH

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. CMT must be in need of money this year. That seemed like a bizarre ad for the Atomic spa. They also seem to have the budget priced editors this season. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Really can't believe Meredith made the team or is an alternate or whatever. She should have been cut so many times. Now I'm sick of her crying. Madeline S is prettier than her! And Kelli's hair sucks this year. Lol

I want to know wth Julia did that got her cut, while Meredith stayed.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. CMT must be in need of money this year. That seemed like a bizarre ad for the Atomic spa. They also seem to have the budget priced editors this season. 

It was so forced. All of the dialogue felt so insincere and stilted.

1 minute ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I guess they really like Christina. Kelli with her "what's going on, is something wrong?" No Kelli, she's just your weakest dancer! And I've actually always liked Christina btw, but still. Why handle her with kid gloves?

I've been watching old seasons, and she looks so much better now--in her face, I mean. What did she do? Is it just the hair?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

I really like Madeline. She’s professional and poised for only being 21. Sad she doesn’t make it. You would never know she is a legacy....although she says she’s not one...makes me like her more! 

Is she 21? I thought she was 18?

23 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

PREACH

That was SO bad. 

Pro: VK is so much prettier with less makeup

Con: Why the HELL is she playing the Oprah role for Kat & Kelcey?

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Why is she not in line with the other rookies while dancing?

What is this stomp-stomp-stomp she does with her feet?

What's up with this whole Spa Day thingie?

Kelli, if your trying to make an exceptional team, WHY are you holding on to unexceptional people?!

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

That was SO bad. 

Pro: VK is so much prettier with less makeup

Yes she is much prettier without all that makeup 

• Love 6

Just caught up and sorry if this has already been asked, but why is VK in the middle of the squad photo and Brennan off to the side?

31 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

She is. I have no issues with her look, like some posters do. But she looks better more natural.

I know my problem with her look is that it needs to be more natural:)  It's not the soft glamour that Kelli says defines the DCC look.

35 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Because a vet usually plays that part, and well, she's a vet, isn't she🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

At least it doesnt seem like Kelli had it out for Madeline like she did for Dayton. I hope she comes back.

I fast forwarded the spa scene

Dont say bad things about Chandi

Loved Evan. Dude can move!!!!! 

She has to have meant Dayton when she told Madeline she had other legacies trying out in the past who were doing it for their Mother. She sure as hell didn’t mean Meredith Oden or the Golden Child, Victoria.

• Love 6

I like watching Amanda, Victoria, Kelcey, Chandi, Lisa, Taylor, Kristin, Madeline and Julia from the rookies. All of these rookies pick up the choreography and have good to strong kicks. Would vote to cut Kat, Lily and Meredith. Lily bores me🥺

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

I have an irrational hatred of Meredith’s vocal fry flat voice. And her sloppy dancing. And her piles of talking heads. Make it stop. Wish she had laryngitis or something. 🤐

Me too. Getting old. Would like to see her not crying all the time. Maybe a wicked grin that says I am going to screw over you, you and you because I am SO pretty!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Tootie said:

From Evan's perspective, the group that VK is in shows the rookies from (his) left to right: Kat, VK, Kelcey, Amanda. (Amy is in the front row, centered between VK & Kelcey.) When he points to (supposedly) VK and says "Wow! You're super fun!" he's actually pointing towards his right--which is Amanda, but VK is hightlighted instead...and she's on Evan's left...     hmm...interesting edit!  

Thank you. You are 100% right.

I wouldn’t call it an interesting edit, having Victoria harvest the praise of Evan for Amanda, I would call it a scam.

‘They’ are not doing Victoria any favours: she could have made the team and made my favourites list without Kelli’s nepotism and the editorial help. If I were Tina Kalina I would call Kelli and ask her not to ‘help’ Victoria anymore! She doesn’t need any articial inflation. She is a average dancer and not an ‘A plus plus’. What the hell is wrong with that? What is wrong with average? Why can’t Victoria be average, why do ‘they’ have to resort to doctoring footage? Just let her be!

Edited by Pau84
  • Love 24
17 hours ago, nancy444 said:

I have to believe SOMEONE has by now.  You guys make Wikileaks look like Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys*.

(*I swear to God, if anyone asks "Who are they?", I will grab my Xanax, my estrogen, and my Geritol and  go crawl back under a rock.)

Yes, I read these books (both series) and loved them growing up.  Some may find them simplistic or boring, but I found them fun and entertaining and sometimes I'll still read them as an adult.

16 hours ago, AAT said:

So basically anyone who questions VK in any aspect, will be on Kelli's shit list. So unfortunate. Can you imagine the tension these girls have!!!

We heard rumblings about this last year, but this is the first year that has pretty solid circumstantial evidence that this is in any way true.  Jalyn's feeling the effects and I wonder if Madeline S. was another of Victoria's Victims.  We'll get some BS for Madeline being cut, but nothing that SHOULD have gotten her cut seeing that Meredith and Kat are still there (though Madeline is one of Kelli's pets and will get at least a year on the squad).  The tension's got to be through the roof and people are probably watching what they say pretty closely and who they say it to, just in case Kelli hears about it.

13 hours ago, lah715 said:

So I was checking back through previous seasons. Rookies chosen for SG are alternates ... usually they choose around 3 for that position (Alternate). Now Jalyn was a rookie last year chosen for show group which means she was an alternate .... This year she was going for a "actual" SG position ... she didnt get it which means other veterans beat her out for that not a rookie .  Again the candidates (rookies) were vying for the alternate positions ... which unpopular as it seems  VK was one that got it .... so Jalyn was not robbed of show group by VK ... she lost out to a vet for a position .... maybe ShellyB can confirm or clarify.  Maybe just maybe Jalyn was crossed out because they had too many vets on the list as regulars and one had to be taken off ... 

As others have pointed out, the rookies are only alternates until Training Camp is over and they make the official squad.  Once that happens, they're full members of the group.  In fact, it's been speculated that, if a rookie makes Show Group, they've unofficially made the squad and won't get cut unless they REALLY screw up.

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

Or maybe others had better auditions.  It kind of rubbed me the wrong way that she assumed it must have been something external, like she thinks there is no way one of those peons could have out-danced her.

Well, we DON'T know what happened at Show Group auditions.  However, if there was a concrete reason that Jalyn was cut, like she was out-danced or others had better auditions, that could (and should) have been pointed out to Jalyn as a reason WHY she was cut.  Since she WASN'T given any performance/dance reasons (heck ANY reason whatsoever) as to why she was cut from Show Group, wouldn't a rational place to look be OFF the dance floor and OUTSIDE of the studio?

12 hours ago, lah715 said:

Everyone has there favorites ... I may be in the minority but I was rooting for Savannah. She is happy go lucky and was eager to show them she improved.  I know there are so many others that dance better but I cant help rooting for the underdog LOL!! 

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

Savannah is one of my least favorites, but I felt bad for her that she thought she had a shot 😞 

I was halfway rooting for Savannah, but knew she had no chance of making Show Group.  We didn't need to see ANY dancing to know that Savannah got out-performed by nearly every girl there except Christina, Meredith, Kat and Kristen.  I may even add Lily in there. Yes, Savannah has improved, but not nearly enough to be on Show Group. 

12 hours ago, Kayce said:

there are so many things I can say about that squad photo...some good...some not so good. 

Oh, I could say a LOT about that squad photo, but the best thing about it is that Victoria is shoved WAY in the back and isn't in the first two rows.  Better yet, she isn't in the front THREE rows or on the end of ANY row or really in any place of prominence.  She's actually buried and one would actually have to BE looking for her to find her, which is a good thing.

12 hours ago, TxBex said:

Well, in Jalyn's defense she has seen Victoria dance longer than 5 second clips. 😜 I watched that episode again and nothing Victoria did stood out to me. In fact, in the last group dance she couldn't even hold her final position. Yeah, she may have the looks but she doesn't have the moves. But it's about finding the best ambassador for the DC org. Maybe this year she impressed everyone by finding her words.

The only thing that Victoria's impressed me with is. . . . crap.  She hasn't impressed me at all except that she still seems to be the entitled brat we saw last year, but at least it's not so in our face this year.

11 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Christina should not be that far back. They buried a 3 year vet, terrible.

Maddie M, a 4 year vet isn't in the center, also terrible.

At least there isn't a never ending arm again. 

I don't mind that Christina is stuck so far back because she's blending again, just like she is with her dancing.  Like others have said, she's an average dancer at best that tends to blend (and that's WITH a group), but is HORRIBLE at solo performing.

11 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh yeah, everyone is scared to death that they're going to somehow offend VK.  They're all walking on eggshells.  

Christina should be thanking her lucky stars she's even on the team.  She is the worst dancer in the room (by far) -- and everyone knows it.  I'm still shocked they took her back this year.

Not surprised that people are holding their tongues around Victoria.  See above for a longer explanation.  Also see above as to my opinion about Christina.  I've already said that I thought she should have been cut in Brennan's place just before Kelli and the team left for Canton and never brought into Training Camp again.

11 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

It doesn't matter. She's still going on her third year and maybe she is the "worst" but she's good enough to be a DCC unlike the rest of us here.

Hmmm. . . I still have to wonder why she's on the squad when she's an average dancer that blends at best, is rumored (and in some cases shown) to be a horrible solo performer and is also rumored to have a bad attitude when not in DCC-land.

10 hours ago, Opine said:

Jalyn next to Christina in the netherlands?  Well, that sends a message.  Can't wait to see the Christina visit tonight.

And last, but not least  WHATTTTTTTTT???  VK is buried.  FTLOG, this is the one thing she IS good at - hair and legs!  And on this TIIC decide to be fair????  Headsmack!  (And, no, K&J this does not redeem you for the other atrocities you have done on her behalf).

I'm glad that Christina and Victoria are buried.  I don't seem to notice on the field so why should I notice them in the picture.  Now, Jalyn, on the other hand, should have had a better spot since she's one of their more solid, dependable girls, both on and off the field (no, I haven't heard anything).  Like her cut from Show Group, there is no reason for her to be back that far, except at Kelli's direction.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

As others have pointed out, the rookies are only alternates until Training Camp is over and they make the official squad. 

And the year that Holly and Erica both left, they had at least three rookies performing at some show group thing for Jerry Jones. Kalyssa, Lauren, and someone else I can't remember.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lily80 said:

And the year that Holly and Erica both left, they had at least three rookies performing at some show group thing for Jerry Jones. Kalyssa, Lauren, and someone else I can't remember.

Gina was the other one 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jennv said:
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Really can't believe Meredith made the team or is an alternate or whatever. She should have been cut so many times. Now I'm sick of her crying. Madeline S is prettier than her! And Kelli's hair sucks this year. Lol

I want to know wth Julia did that got her cut, while Meredith stayed.

Ditto, ditto, ditto.   OK, I am more convinced than ever that Meredith is one of the Jones' family's niece or other relative.  Did anyone notice the huge smiles by Kelli and Judy as Meredith entered Kelli's office?  Why do they love her so??  I'm getting sick and tired of her face and tears.  Any of the other rookies are FAR better.  And then Kelli's tears after talking with Meredith/Christina - I mean REALLY??  Tears??  REALLY?? - I think Shelly has told Kelli what the general public and fans like us, really feel about her, Victoria, and Meredith.  Just knowing who has made the team and who got cut, makes me now know for sure this selection process is ultimately decided by other people (e.g.Charlotte) who are calling the shots.

• Love 12

Meredith and Kat are this seasons Morgan and Kaitlyn Phillips. Ironically, they have the same initials so they are MK 2.0 to me. 

I feel like they will have the same fate as Morgan and Kaitlyn. One will not finish the year and other will get cut at finals. 

• Love 5
On 9/18/2019 at 10:28 PM, SSAHotchner said:

I think she chose to not watch Jalyn, or at least to say so. I wish we had the full scoop on what the real issue is for Kelli's attitude. I could accept Jalyn not making show group if it weren't for VK getting chosen over her and some of the other vets, and I also think she's better than the other rookies that made it, too. But the immature way Kelli is handling the situation and the sneer on her face whenever she looks at her or talks about her just irritates me. Jalyn handled her disappointment right after the announcement fairly well, I thought. So she needed to leave for a few minutes to compose herself. And she left and returned as unobtrusively as possible and went right back to work instead of letting her emotions interfere with her performance. She didn't carry on or show sour grapes toward the others who made it. And she really handled herself respectfully, calmly and professionally in the office later on. Kelli is the one who made an issue out of it and the snide comment which they left in the episode "look who's back." After the unbearable spectacle we witnessed last season when Malena was let go from training camp at the very last moment when she should have been eliminated much, much earlier, I think Jalyn behaved very well. She's been a favorite of mine since last year's auditions. Again, I realize not everyone is going to love her looks or the fact that she's not a giddy, bubbly girl. Each of us has our favorites. But Kelli's over the top comments about her seem completely unfounded. What could she possibly have done to make Kelli so angry and hateful toward her? It's as if she's looking for any possible excuse to criticize her or get rid of her. I'm baffled. And my feelings about Kelli have been so altered over last season and what we've seen so far this season, that I truly dislike her now. 

The comment about Keli not noticing Jalyn did not carry a lot of weight with me either.  I shared my personal story about why which goes along with what you shared. My coach was the same towards me. I lived it. The coach played favorites too.  Keli's response to not noticing Jalyn immediately sent me back to high school.  Just a backdrop, I ran track.  I was on the 400 relays for reginal.  I gaped everybody running with me.  My split was record breaking time for individual. I did not know my split.  My teammates told me.  I asked my coach did she see it.  She said she was staring at the soda machine. It was the weirdest response to my question that I was not prepared to hear. She congratulated me a couple of days later at our team meeting over the meet.  She spoke so highly of me that some of my teammates got jealous because they weren't use to it. People not noticing someone does not immediately mean a lot to me if that person does not fully like them.   People have reasons for what they say out of their mouth.  I think Jalyn is pretty.  I love her hair color.  I want her to have a great experience as a DCC.  I don't trust Keli on this storyline.   I would love to see why she got cut for myself because otherwise I strongly sway towards the "rumor".  A lot can change with her relationship with Keli if the rumor is true.  My coach acknowledged my worth to the team.  It can happen for her too.  

Edited by Strawberry
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Shady580 said:

At least it doesnt seem like Kelli had it out for Madeline like she did for Dayton. I hope she comes back.

I fast forwarded the spa scene

Dont say bad things about Chandi

Loved Evan. Dude can move!!!!! 

Now, I thought that Kelli was a total bitch towards Madeline! And the look on Judy's face was priceless...  (I'm visiting my parents and I'm not able to add any screenshots, or you know I would! lol)

Y'all, I freeze-framed every sticker shot...  There are 40 girls so each guest choreographer had 4 no's.  Tyce's were: Lily, Madeline S, Meredith and Christina.  Evan's no's were: Chandi, Molly, Lexie and Bridget!!!!  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Now, I thought that Kelli was a total bitch towards Madeline! And the look on Judy's face was priceless...  (I'm visiting my parents and I'm not able to add any screenshots, or you know I would! lol)

Y'all, I freeze-framed every sticker shot...  There are 40 girls so each guest choreographer had 4 no's.  Tyce's were: Lily, Madeline S, Meredith and Christina.  Evan's no's were: Chandi, Molly, Lexie and Bridget!!!!  

Omg Evan didn’t like queen Bridget and Barbie doll Lexie now I really wanna see the picture shots lol 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Meredith's penchant for Black/White on the criticism has gotten so very old. She seems to be looking for reasons to cry. The energy she's wasting bawling could be channeled into learning the choreo....

Loved Evan Miller. Such great positive energy.

As for the spa scenes...scripted, yes of course...so was the dog park scene. However, for some talking to a peer who has been through the wringer once might be easier to talk to than a vet...just sayin'

• Love 4