Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Thoughts after watching today:

Putting this here so I don't have to worry about spoilers...

I'm still a big fan of Christina. She did have some good moments of dancing that even her detractors have noticed. I think she and Brennan bring a maturity and steadiness to the DCC that is always needed and welcomed in a locker room.

It was fantastic to see Hannah get such positive recognition. She really has a sensuality in her dancing that draws the eye. I also thought that the rookie Taylor looked great tonight.

Rookies Shaina and Madeline S. are really beautiful and I hope both return next season. I thought Kelli was very rude to Madeline in questioning her if she really wanted to be a DCC. Madeline in no way deserved such harsh questions. Reminds me of the questioning Kelli did with Brennan before she made the team.

I like Lily, but she just looks so very harsh this season. Drawn, stressed, and looking a bit depressed. I understand, after the way she was pretty much cut without warning last season, but it isn't much fun to watch her.

• Love 22

Just finished S14 E8. Out of breath just watching Evan’s dizzying routine. Only 4 out of 40 got it completely correct.

To see what’s really going on during dance sequences, I pause then click the forward button one second at a time. Pretty alarming as 90% of them are never in sync, everybody’s hands/ feet doing something different. This is probably the most inexperienced rookie group to date.

Veterans who should be gone: Brennan, Christina and Heather. Their age and stamina shows.

Weight gainers: Rachel (new bob haircut, nice!), Alexis, Madi, pageant Heather (from the hips down).

Best improved veteran: Savannah, who has the best hairography still. Please teach everyone else.

Best rookie: Hi Victoria, more layers in that thick hair, ASAP.

Worst best rookie: Lisa, whose power is about to de-string her poms and break the floor.

Gaping open mouths to look sexy: Gina, Madi, Heather, and Jalyn. It should be banned.

Best robotic dancer: Jalyn. Great eye makeup this year!

Blenders: There’s no such thing.

Every veteran cut brings on a rookie that shouldn’t be on the team. Every. Year.

World class veterans from the past: Jenna, Robyn and Lacey. Head to toe synchronized at all times. Not understanding why everyone’s doing their own version of the same routine, can be easily corrected. Wake up, Judy.

Sorry the new PC producers cut you, Kitty. Seems coddling is the positive new environment.

The new point should be Bridget. She’s Jenna times a thousand. Her body extensions for every move is amazing. Fun effortless energy, sweet face, always smiling. Best dancer by far. But does she have leadership qualities? Hmmm.

Kelli has her hands full making this new team presentable considering this year’s slim pickings. Best of luck!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Meredith's penchant for Black/White on the criticism has gotten so very old. She seems to be looking for reasons to cry. The energy she's wasting bawling could be channeled into learning the choreo....

NO MORE CRYING SCENES!!!!   I record the episodes to avoid the commercials and now I'm beginning to fast forward to avoid everything with Meredith...

6 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

As for the spa scenes...scripted, yes of course...so was the dog park scene.

And the purpose of these were???   We know everything we need to about these TCC already, so show us more dancing!!!  Do we care about facials???  Do we care about doggie playdates???

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, we DON'T know what happened at Show Group auditions.  However, if there was a concrete reason that Jalyn was cut, like she was out-danced or others had better auditions, that could (and should) have been pointed out to Jalyn as a reason WHY she was cut.  Since she WASN'T given any performance/dance reasons (heck ANY reason whatsoever) as to why she was cut from Show Group, wouldn't a rational place to look be OFF the dance floor and OUTSIDE of the studio?

We also DON'T know everything that happened behind closed doors in Kelli's office, she very well could have been given a run-down of how she got outdanced & didn't make SG.

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I may even add Lily in there.

I hate to say this because I've been rooting for her, but watching her this season I'm not impressed.  I think she only made it because she seems to be well-liked.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I have an irrational hatred of Meredith’s vocal fry flat voice. And her sloppy dancing. And her piles of talking heads. Make it stop. Wish she had laryngitis or something. 🤐

Yeah they sure know how to turn us off on their faves I’m over Meredith & think she’s looking rather haggard & that vocal fry... Kat looked unattractive last night & she’s a pretty girl obvs why they’re keeping her she looked rough & Veruca may be DCC/Texas beautiful but to me she looks like Miss Piggy...  I blame sniveling Kelli for my outburst here she’s the reason these ladies repulse me oh & spare us your crocodile tears, not buying em... 

• Love 16

Kelli needs to reevaluate her management style quickly.  If she can’t be objective then it’s time to go.  The tone of every organization is set from the top down - whether it’s a team setting or work setting - same thing.  

Kelli has created a negative atmosphere by her blatant favoritism, encouraging the telling on one, etc. It’s only natural that there would be mistrust and tension between many of the girls. 

So many better options for Kelli’s position!!! 

She’s always been catty but seems to have taken it to a new level this year . 

Edited by njcate
Fixed spelling
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, Tootie said:

Evan's no's were: Chandi, Molly, Lexie and Bridget

Very interested in the opinion of someone besides me who doesn't think Bridget it the end-all be-all.  She's good enough, she's cute, but there's better (and no, I don't mean Brennan LOL).  If she makes point over Gina next year (assuming they're both still there) I riot.

2 hours ago, SassMouthin said:

Every veteran cut brings on a rookie that shouldn’t be on the team. Every. Year.

giphy.gif

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

This is not true. Shelly confirmed that rookies that make show group are not alternates.

Shelley also told us we make a bigger deal of point than they do. And that the girls need full time jobs or to be full time students. Some things are policy, some things aren’t, and sometimes policies are ignored. 

They absolutely have described them as alternates. Maybe they aren’t anymore. Maybe the rule just goes away when the want a rookie to be a full time member. Who knows. But people are definitely not making up that they were presented as alternates in the past.

i assume it is like everything else — no real “rules”, selective enforcement, and things can ebb and flow based on how they think people will respond (eg., point going from not being a big thing to the focus of multiple episodes within two seasons)

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Rookies Shaina and Madeline S. are really beautiful and I hope both return next season. I thought Kelli was very rude to Madeline in questioning her if she really wanted to be a DCC. Madeline in no way deserved such harsh questions. Reminds me of the questioning Kelli did with Brennan before she made the team.

I really, really like both of these ladies as well and hope they come back next year. They're both beautiful and appear to be very smart, caring, and talented dancers. I think they'd be amazing DCC.

I was also shocked at how RUDE Kelli was yet again to a legacy that isn't the "Chosen One" and while insulting legacy Madeline, she also managed to get a dig in at another legacy as well.

• Love 24

I was rewatching the parts of the show with the choreographers and I started making a tally chart for every time CMT showed Meredith and/or Victoria.  I stopped a couple of minutes into the first segment after I had already marked 13 times for Meredith.  Ugh.  Enough already.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Y do you think that 

See? I just got finished saying that very thing in a DM message.  We're totally being trolled.

CMT/producers MUST be monitoring these boards.  How else to explain the sudden teary, self-indulgent ITM of Kelli's existential angst over her job responsibility?

"Oh my God, being the coach is so hard! Sniff, sniff!" 

Meanwhile, in her head she's thinking, "Do these tears look real? Do I need a little more Visene to make my mascara look more runny? Is there a way I can slide in a mention of Victoria?"

(Okay, she didn't SAY that last part.  But she would have if she thought she could get away with it.)

Edited by nancy444
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Tootie said:

Now, I thought that Kelli was a total bitch towards Madeline! And the look on Judy's face was priceless...  (I'm visiting my parents and I'm not able to add any screenshots, or you know I would! lol)

Y'all, I freeze-framed every sticker shot...  There are 40 girls so each guest choreographer had 4 no's.  Tyce's were: Lily, Madeline S, Meredith and Christina.  Evan's no's were: Chandi, Molly, Lexie and Bridget!!!!  

Interesting that Evan was looking more at individual elements that made each girl stand out. Lily's plie and Meredith's sharp shoulders... So he wasn't looking for the overall best performers. That being said, his style is hard hitting and fast with sharp movements. We were shown Chandi struggling to pick up the choreography. Molly and Lexie aren't sharp or precise dancers. Perhaps Bridget just "wasn't noticed" - haha.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DCCdazzle said:

NO MORE CRYING SCENES!!!!   I record the episodes to avoid the commercials and now I'm beginning to fast forward to avoid everything with Meredith...

And the purpose of these were???   We know everything we need to about these TCC already, so show us more dancing!!!  Do we care about facials???  Do we care about doggie playdates???

My guess was to try to "humanize" VK by making her seem caring (about other rookies), empathetic, and approachable.

Instead, it just came off as stiff, scripted, and disingenuous.

Girls like VK who are willing to step on anyone who gets in their way are typically the LAST ones to form meaningful female friendships.  They're the ones who say stuff like, "All my best friends are guys."

That's because they inherently see other women as competition.  In the event they do occasionally hang out with other girlfriends, you'll see that they make sure that THEY are the best-looking girl in the group.  Consciously or not, if they have other female friends, they surround themselves with girls who aren't as attractive as they are.  Hence the reason why VK was so snippy, defensive, and generally vicious last year: being just out of high school (where this kind of behavior is unfortunately more common), her immaturity and insecurity were on full display.  She couldn't handle being compared to all these other (more) beautiful, (more) talented women 24/7. 

When thrust into a situation where there's a constant, in-your-face reminder that you aren't all that, the "default mode" of the emotionally secure tends to be humility and gratitude: "I know full well I'm probably the weakest in the room, and I'm incredibly grateful to be given the opportunity to continue in TC." 

Less emotionally-secure people, otoh, will do whatever it takes to make that "yucky", uncomfortable feeling go away: become the center of attention, constantly seek validation, suck-up to TPTB and back-stab others they perceive as threats, etc.  But by avoiding feeling those yucky, uncomfortable feelings, they also avoid the opportunity for emotional growth. (Google "Histrionic Personality Disorder", which tends to describe VK.)

So for VK to gush over the other girls' "glowing skin" was completely counter-intuitive and not part of her normal lexicon.  I don't see her giving two shits about another girl's appearance, even if it was her best freaking friend.  Terminally-self-centered people don't know HOW to care, so they fake it when they deem it to be advantageous to do so.

Introspection isn't part of her DNA.

Edited by nancy444
Clarity
  • Useful 4
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I understand why Kashara wasn’t everyone’s favorite. She wasn’t the most technical dancer on the squad and her weight was a constant battle. 

But to find fault with her accent? Seriously?? 😕

Personally, I grew to LOVE Kashara.  She was easily my favorite last season.

I did, however, cringe a little to see her in those black Spandex leggings last week.  They didn't do my girl any favors.

Just goes to show you how abnormally-low the girls' weight needs to be in order to flatter the uniform.  Only a handful of girls have the kind of body type and metabolism (like Jinelle) to maintain that weight naturally.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DCCdazzle said:

I was rewatching the parts of the show with the choreographers and I started making a tally chart for every time CMT showed Meredith and/or Victoria.  I stopped a couple of minutes into the first segment after I had already marked 13 times for Meredith.  Ugh.  Enough already.

Wait, there are other girls trying out???  How did we miss them?  Oh wait, they aren't ever shown because Meredith has to cry and VK has to thud around the stage and work her way in front of the camera and Kat has to emote.   I can't even remember Chandi or Lisa or the other girls.

Kelli, save your tears for the pillow because none of us care.  You are a mean girl and we know it.  I'm sure it is exhausted to be you.  You come home after a hard day of questioning why a girl wants to wear the uniform and you have to deal with TK wanting to know what she can do to get baby on the team.  You've made your bed, now go cry in it.  Playing god is your favorite thing to do.

I've decided that it's not just VK's Mr. Ed teeth that bug me.  There's something up with her feet.  I used to think she danced heavy because she had no technique and she was...well, heavy.  But when they showed her dancing ad nauseam, her feet seem to be as much of the problem as her weak core.  She almost looked like she was dragging them or stumbling over them tonight.  She looked clunky.  That might explain her sloppiness on spins and leaps.  I do love how they are trying disguise her bad dancing by only showing micro seconds of her this year.  And dare I say, she's gained weight since auditions.

Tyce's assistant.  You have FABULOUS hair.  Please feed your curls some moisture.  Get a Deva Cut and some of their conditioner.  Leave it in and voila, your curls will have amazing definition.  While I am not a huge fan of Tyce, I was impressed by his joy of dance.  He and Evan both love what they do and I hope it's contagious.  I swear the DCC isn't happy unless they beat the love of dance out of you (so they can lecture you about your lack of joy).

If Lily, Meredith and Kat made the team because they are well liked, why didn't Brennan make it years ago?  Something weird is going on.  I will be interested to see all three of them make it next year outright and not as alternates.    

• Love 22
1 hour ago, nancy444 said:

My guess was to try to "humanize" VK by making her seem caring (about other rookies), empathetic, and approachable.

Girls like VK who are willing to step on anyone who gets in their way are typically the LAST ones to form meaningful female friendships.  They're the ones who say stuff like, "All my best friends are guys."

That's because they inherently see other women as competition.  In the event they do occasionally hang out with other girlfriends, you'll see that they make sure that THEY are the best-looking girl in the group.  Consciously or not, if they have other female friends, they surround themselves with girls who aren't as attractive as they are.  Hence the reason why VK was so snippy, defensive, and generally vicious last year: being just out of high school (where this kind of behavior is unfortunately more common), her immaturity and insecurity were on full display.  She couldn't handle the knowledge that she'd be compared to all these other (more) beautiful, (more) talented women 24/7. 

When thrust into a situation where there's a constant, in-your-face reminder that you aren't all that, the "default mode" of the emotionally secure tends to be humility and gratitude: "I know full well I'm probably the weakest in the room, and I'm incredibly grateful to be given the opportunity to continue in TC." 

100% agree.  My psychology masters is screaming in agreement with you.  We all learn empathy and concern for others as children.  If you are not taught this or worse, have a parent like TK that only teaches "me, me, me," it stifles a persons ability to care about other people.  I love how VK is given all these opportunities to look human and compassionate and they are all falling flat.  The sad thing is, Veruca, care and concern are small gestures at time of need.  Reaching out to a team mate whose just had a bad critique.  A pat on the back when she gets praise.   Waiting for a camera to be there so your "support" can be filmed is not empathy and care.

• Love 15

Is Madeline that Kelli is so mean to, but hasn't cut yet, or won't cut but keep around as a scapegoat, the legacy?    I wonder if the girl's mother was someone Kelli can't stand, and wants to get back at through her daughter?    I guess there's no way of knowing, but the way Kelli keeps torturing Madeline, there has to be another reason Kelli's keeping her around, and sniping at her.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, njcate said:

Kelli needs to reevaluate her management style quickly.  If she can’t be objective then it’s time to go.  The tone of every organization is set from the top down - whether it’s a team setting or work setting - same thing.  

Kelli has created a negative atmosphere by her blatant favoritism, encouraging the telling on one, etc. It’s only natural that there would be mistrust and tension between many of the girls. 

So many better options for Kelli’s position!!! 

She’s always been catty but seems to have taken it to a new level this year . 

Now that Pluto shows MTT 24/7 we have the chance to see Kelli over the years.  She has not always been the catty b^&$h she has become.  Her reply to Madeline S. about "getting the ball rolling" in last night's episode was a prime example.  The fact Judy is more restrained in her opinions (that we see) supports the idea of Kelli spewing toxicity all around herself.  Judy's opinion really mattered once upon a time.  Not sure I see that now.

• Love 13

Kelli seems drunk with power and she is an ugly mean drunk.  Wish Judy would say something.  Being her quiet side kick just makes her seem old and submissive.

Kelli appears to basically want validation for her top choices and ignores the advice of others. 

I know  fast forward all parts of the show except for the dancing.  I can't stance the force/staged scenes and the office visits are beyond awkward. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, nancy444 said:

That's because they inherently see other women as competition.  In the event they do occasionally hang out with other girlfriends, you'll see that they make sure that THEY are the best-looking girl in the group.  Consciously or not, if they have other female friends, they surround themselves with girls who aren't as attractive as they are.  Hence the reason why VK was so snippy, defensive, and generally vicious last year: being just out of high school (where this kind of behavior is unfortunately more common), her immaturity and insecurity were on full display.  She couldn't handle the knowledge that she'd be compared to all these other (more) beautiful, (more) talented women 24/7. 

Less emotionally-secure people, otoh, will do whatever it takes to make that "yucky", uncomfortable feeling go away: become the center of attention, constantly seek validation, suck-up to TPTB and back-stab others they perceive as threats, etc.  But by avoiding feeling those yucky, uncomfortable feelings, they also avoid the opportunity for emotional growth. (Google "Histrionic Personality Disorder", which tends to describe VK.)

So for VK to gush over the other girls' "glowing skin" was completely counter-intuitive and not part of her normal lexicon.  I don't see her giving two shits about another girl's appearance, even if it was her best freaking friend.  Terminally-self-centered people don't know HOW to care, so they fake it when they deem it to be advantageous to do so.

What evidence is there, at all, that VK is like this?   From all footage shown she seems very nice and supportive of the other girls.  I don’t get an insecure competitive backstabber vibe about her at all - now some on the show have come off that way, but not her. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Not a fan of Christina and I hope she retires next year.  But her daily grind of full time work/commute/DCC sounds awful.  Would love to know how many of the others work so hard.  Must be nice to have plenty of time for spa visits.   

My close captioning was very confused when Kat was in the office talking about her cat.   At one point I was thinking they said Kat got an apartment in Minnesota! But that was just where her cat is.   

Meredith is lucky that Kelli is crazy abut her beauty.  The crying is next level.  

Every time they show that huge face close up of Maddie on the wall I cringe. She looks like a possessed doll getting her head twisted off.  

Who was Kelli referring to when she told Madeline they've had some DCC legacies only try out for their moms sakes????

• LOL 9
  • Love 9

In spite of a few missteps, I think Kelli is an awesome director of the DCC and I hope she doesn’t retire in my lifetime.  Think she’s the perfect mix of beauty, brains and professionalism - while at the same time sympathetic and reasonably compassionate and open-minded - women like her are so rare.    All these calls for her to retire in here really shock me.

Re: the episode - wow that Evan Miller’s dancing was AMAZING.  I never heard of him but he was blowing my mind w/ his moves - what a talent!   And his routine was so fierce.   He won me over as a fan that’s for sure.

I liked Tyce’s dance a lot too, but that helper choreographer/teacher he had w/ him gave me a vibe like she wasn’t very nice.

VK looked great dancing in almost all footage shown - I’m not sure how tall she is (didn’t someone say 5’9” once?), but she sure is able to do the DCC style very well for a long-legged girl, which is actually kind of rare (usually taller girls can’t do those sharp quick moves so well, but she does a great job).   She has good facials too.   Re: her look I agree w/ the poster above that said she needs some layers in her hair - it’s kind of too thick and bulky.   I also think it’s a little too pale of a blonde and she’d look better w/ a slightly more toned down or darker blonde.  Overall she fits the DCC profile about as well as you can though.

I’m still a big fan of Julia’s dancing and I’m really confused how she got cut but Meredith and Kat somehow survived.

Meredith’s upper body is so boxy - she got a gorgeous face and nice legs, but her figure is not attractive.  All the crying is getting way old.

Kelli, even though I love her per the above, did come off as unnecessarily harsh on Madeline.  It’s almost like she may know something about her intentions that we don’t? 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8

I heard that Christina had a bit of a melt down about not being further up in the photo.  I wonder how TPTB dealt with that.  (personally, I think one of the reasons she was so far back is that they see how ridiculous her boob job looks).

Also, if you want to see what a douche Tyce is, just watch the documentary "Every Little Step" about the casting for the Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line."  Tyce was a finalist for one of the roles, but got cut because of his outrageous arrogance.  When doing the final dance audition along with two other finalists, he changed the choreo just to show off.  He also came across as ridiculous in his interviews.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Also, if you want to see what a douche Tyce is, just watch the documentary "Every Little Step" about the casting for the Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line."  Tyce was a finalist for one of the roles, but got cut because of his outrageous arrogance.  When doing the final dance audition along with two other finalists, he changed the choreo just to show off.  He also came across as ridiculous in his interviews.

Favorite movie EVER!  Also a great documentary to watch if you want context to Kelli’s statement that the DCC audition is the hardest in the entertainment world!  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I heard that Christina had a bit of a melt down about not being further up in the photo.  I wonder how TPTB dealt with that.  (personally, I think one of the reasons she was so far back is that they see how ridiculous her boob job looks).

Her boobs do look ridiculous.  Very fake looking.  I forgot to mention that.   She still always has excuses for everything - I get it working full time and doing DCC has got to be hard, but why come back for season #3 at the age of 30+ when you know that’s going to be your schedule?  

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Her boobs do look ridiculous.  Very fake looking.  I forgot to mention that.   She still always has excuses for everything - I get it working full time and doing DCC has got to be hard, but why come back for season #3 at the age of 30+ when you know that’s going to be your schedule?  

The boobs are new and not yet settled into their 'pockets'....takes months and should look better by the end of the football season. Frankly, I think they are too big for her frame, but that's just my opinion. Christina looks very tired. She's putting in very long days 24/7. But that's what happens when you actually have to support yourself. 

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Pau84 said:
18 hours ago, Tootie said:

From Evan's perspective, the group that VK is in shows the rookies from (his) left to right: Kat, VK, Kelcey, Amanda. (Amy is in the front row, centered between VK & Kelcey.) When he points to (supposedly) VK and says "Wow! You're super fun!" he's actually pointing towards his right--which is Amanda, but VK is hightlighted instead...and she's on Evan's left...     hmm...interesting edit!  

Thank you. You are 100% right.

I must be seeing something wrong, it looked to me like he was pointing in VK's direction.  

• Love 3

My opinion that matters to no one.

1.  I think Kelli genuinely takes her job very seriously.  It does appear she can make harsh comments but, in general, I do not believe she is out to hurt any of these girls.

2.  I couldn't possibly say what Victoria is "really" like since I do not know her at all, and only see what the editing crew wants me to see.

3.  Why do some/all/most of the choreographers wear clothes that look as if they picked them up from down-on-their-luck vagrants?   Does that make them more famous?

4.  That guy's assistant needed a barrette or something for her hair.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Also, if you want to see what a douche Tyce is, just watch the documentary "Every Little Step" 

Thank you! I was wracking my brain trying to remember the title of that movie.  

Re: Christina... I could have sworn that last week’s preview showed her much more upset than what we saw last night. Was that the case, or is the NyQuil knocking out some of my brain cells?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Is Madeline that Kelli is so mean to, but hasn't cut yet, the legacy?    I wonder if the girl's mother was someone Kelli can't stand, and wants to get back at through her daughter?    I guess there's no way of knowing, but the way Kelli keeps torturing Madeline, there has to be another reason Kelli's keeping her around, and sniping at her.   

That makes sense. Remember how at auditions she made a point of pretending she had no idea who she was, and acted surprised that she cheered with her mom? That is obvious bs, as they have all that info before the cameras start rolling.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Jennv said:

That makes sense. Remember how at auditions she made a point of pretending she had no idea who she was, and acted surprised that she cheered with her mom? That is obvious bs, as they have all that info before the cameras start rolling.

Seasons and seasons ago, she did the exact same thing about Crystal Trevino. She acted shocked she was Trisha’s sister and claimed she did not even know she trying out.🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Thank you! I was wracking my brain trying to remember the title of that movie.  

Re: Christina... I could have sworn that last week’s preview showed her much more upset than what we saw last night. Was that the case, or is the NyQuil knocking out some of my brain cells?

I think it was because there were three short clips, someone crying (was it Meredith?), then a shot of Christina not crying, and then a shot of Kelli crying. It all kind of blended together.

I know I am biased, but I think Christina looks fine. When her boobs settle and she retires from DCC and can gain a little weight, they will "fit" her frame better. I'm not sure what her full time job is, but she used to teach fitness classes. If that is still the case and I was exercising during the day AND then dancing every weeknight, I would be dead on my feet (or more likely - dead). I feel for any DCC gal working full time and trying to have any kind of work/life balance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
14 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Thank you. You are 100% right.

I wouldn’t call it an interesting edit, having Victoria harvest the praise of Evan for Amanda, I would call it a scam.

‘They’ are not doing Victoria any favours: she could have made the team and made my favourites list without Kelli’s nepotism and the editorial help. If I were Tina Kalina I would call Kelli and ask her not to ‘help’ Victoria anymore! She doesn’t need any articial inflation. She is a average dancer and not an ‘A plus plus’. What the hell is wrong with that? What is wrong with average? Why can’t Victoria be average, why do ‘they’ have to resort to doctoring footage? Just let her be!

I don't get it either. Why are they doing this? There have been enough guest choreographers who've praised her by name. They don't need to screw with the editing too. This just shows that there's an agenda they're trying to push.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, hathorlive said:

And dare I say, she's gained weight since auditions.

This!!!! I mentioned it earlier. She is starting to put weight on again, she has gotten what she wanted (team and show group), so now there are no rules to follow, so milkshakes and burgers for everyone!!

• LOL 11
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

Now that Pluto shows MTT 24/7 we have the chance to see Kelli over the years.  She has not always been the catty b^&$h she has become.  Her reply to Madeline S. about "getting the ball rolling" in last night's episode was a prime example.  The fact Judy is more restrained in her opinions (that we see) supports the idea of Kelli spewing toxicity all around herself.  Judy's opinion really mattered once upon a time.  Not sure I see that now.

I have never heard Judy give an opinion. Even when Kelli has directly asked her for one she has floundered around like she is looking for the script. She seems to me to just be a sidekick with nice hair and that is it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Madeline didn’t deserve that line of questioning from Kelli. She is there and now trying out for your team. Why is there some ulterior motive for her decision to try out? I just don’t get it. 

31 minutes ago, jlc said:

This!!!! I mentioned it earlier. She is starting to put weight on again, she has gotten what she wanted (team and show group), so now there are no rules to follow, so milkshakes and burgers for everyone!!

I don’t see the weight gain. Her body looks amazing. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I can't even remember Chandi or Lisa or the other girls.

Which is a shame because I LOVE Chani and Lisa is a very good dancer from the scenes we have been shown so far.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

My opinion that matters to no one.

1.  I think Kelli genuinely takes her job very seriously.  It does appear she can make harsh comments but, in general, I do not believe she is out to hurt any of these girls.

2.  I couldn't possibly say what Victoria is "really" like since I do not know her at all, and only see what the editing crew wants me to see.

3.  Why do some/all/most of the choreographers wear clothes that look as if they picked them up from down-on-their-luck vagrants?   Does that make them more famous?

4.  That guy's assistant needed a barrette or something for her hair.

I’ve wondered about this as well. Why are they dressed for a cold winter’s day in the forest? Are they not roasting?

I was also a little surprised by tyce’s demeanor. At one point I even wondered if he was a titch drunk? I’m glad he was able to see them in their element though. Because they really are quite special in what they do. 

And lastly, food for thought. I am so pro Jaylyn it’s almost ridiculous. Is there any way she didn’t make showgroup because of her stiffness when she talks to people? When Kelli was talking to Judy about Kat’s ability to always keep a conversation going, my brain paused... because my guess is that this would be an issue for some of the ladies. My girl Jaylyn is beautiful and oh so talented, but of what we’ve been shown of her one in one time with TPTB in this season and last, she’s a little tense. I’m still mightily miffed about showgroup, MIGHTILY, but wonder if maybe that was a factor? 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, hathorlive said:

100% agree.  My psychology masters is screaming in agreement with you.  We all learn empathy and concern for others as children.  If you are not taught this or worse, have a parent like TK that only teaches "me, me, me," it stifles a persons ability to care about other people.  I love how VK is given all these opportunities to look human and compassionate and they are all falling flat.  The sad thing is, Veruca, care and concern are small gestures at time of need.  Reaching out to a team mate whose just had a bad critique.  A pat on the back when she gets praise.   Waiting for a camera to be there so your "support" can be filmed is not empathy and care.

Unfortunately, my understanding comes not from a psych degree, but from the bitter experience of being raised by a mother with a similar Cluster B disorder.  (My mom wasn't a Histrionic, though...she's a Borderline.)

If you have advanced degrees in psych, then I don't have to explain the particular neediness, emotional smothering, boundary violations, gaslighting, and "splitting" that was my mother's idea of "parenting".

So other women with Cluster B tendencies (whether they would qualify for a positive diagnosis or not) tend to ping my radar.

VK may not be an HPD at all, of course, but the fact that she gets compared to one is very telling. 

It's kinda like someone with a drinking problem trying to convince others they're not an alcoholic: generally speaking, truly "normal drinkers" don't ever get compared to alcoholics in the first place.  

If I was VK, rather than dismiss us as "haters", I'd take the online sentiments to heart.  Even if you don't have a PD, Victoria, the fact that you're being compared to one in the first place ISN'T A GOOD THING. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Every time they show that huge face close up of Maddie on the wall I cringe. She looks like a possessed doll getting her head twisted off.  

Yes! Like a cabbage patch doll gone mad lol I’m just not getting the hype . The fb page worships her like a Goddess and if you disagree they go insane .

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I am not seeing anything to diagnose Victoria with a personality disorder 😝. Being in the center of the group photos or rehearsals shows confidence. She is not the hideout in the back gal ahem Meredith, Kat, Kristin... she is positioned to learn and be seen. This is a job interview! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2