Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Dear God, those teeth. If Skeletor had a daughter. . .

If you look really close, it looks like she is removing her top denture. I don’t know what she could do to fix that?! I would half smile so I wouldn’t be showing all my gum. It really does ruin her looks. Most ppl look better when they smile but, in her case, she shouldn’t so wide. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think the issue with Lisa is that because she has a bit stockier build that it often looks like she has no neck. That said, she certainly is a powerful dancer.

I'm a fan of Christina, I can relate to her hearing difficulties and have always found her to be mature and down to earth. She has had some good dancing moments (I believe they showed a wonderful clip of her when Charm was guest choreographer.) I'm sure she shows energy during game day.  It is harder for those gals who have to have a full time job to support themselves. I doubt any of them have time for a spa day on a regular basis!

Kelli has really annoyed me so far this season. She would make a bad poker player that is for sure. She practically drips venom with Madeline S. and then salivates with joy over Kat, Meredith and precious VK. Grrr! Judy is also upsetting me - for God's sake woman, SAY something!

Sorry for the rant, I am in dire need of coffee even at this hour of the night!

• Love 18
15 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Not a fan of Christina and I hope she retires next year.  But her daily grind of full time work/commute/DCC sounds awful.  Would love to know how many of the others work so hard.  Must be nice to have plenty of time for spa visits.   

My close captioning was very confused when Kat was in the office talking about her cat.   At one point I was thinking they said Kat got an apartment in Minnesota! But that was just where her cat is.   

Meredith is lucky that Kelli is crazy abut her beauty.  The crying is next level.  

Every time they show that huge face close up of Maddie on the wall I cringe. She looks like a possessed doll getting her head twisted off.  

Who was Kelli referring to when she told Madeline they've had some DCC legacies only try out for their moms sakes????

Regarding work schedules,  there's definitely a double standard.  TPTB tout how educated and ambitious the girls are,  but working full time certainly does not work well in DCCland. I know of an incident where a veteran made a mistake during rehearsal and was asked by Kelli if she had been working the DCC camp that day.   The vet said she had not (she was at her other job,  but did not say so). Kelli responded something to the tune of there being no excuse then for any mistakes.  Apparently, you only get a pass if you're a pet or working for the DCC. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Well if that is what Kelli meant then my God she is just terrible to be taking such a dig at Dayton & Shelly! I personally don't think that Dayton was doing it for her Mom because she seemed to be truly crushed to have not made it both times. This was the kind of crushed you see when its your own dreams not being realized. In the case of VK, while I do believe she wants to be on the team for herself, her mother's dreams are totally wrapped up in there as well.

And it was not Dayton who said, "I'm afraid to go home and tell my mom"** when she was cut. It was Victoria.

**paraphrasing -- don't remember the exact wording.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

If this is the line they are waiting to hear the critiques 

519413076_Screenshot2019-09-22at10_41_00.png.e195a468a83e9f665517d0efe65387bd.png

And this is where he is pointing to

1904242390_Screenshot2019-09-22at10_39_21.thumb.png.c61beb5bbc2b800b563b498c1602c854.png

Then he is not pointing to Victoria since Victoria is at the left of him and Amanda to his right.

Thank you, @Pau84, you must have read my mind, I was hoping someone could post something more clear! When I saw them dancing I could have sworn that was Victoria on his left.  Told ya I must have seen something wrong 🙂 

• Love 12

I still haven’t bought this season so I really appreciate all of the information and input about the episodes you are all sharing.  Because based on what you are sharing it sounds like I would not enjoy it all.  I thought the Morgan and Breelan seasons were rough but what I am reading takes it to a whole new insufferable level. Seriously what has happened? 😥  

On another note, I am seriously losing my mind with these shots from the show you are sharing.   Every time you share another picture of Victoria’s mouth wide open all I can see any more is Angelica Huston in The Witches.  I know I am probably overreacting  but my gosh I can’t get the image out of my head.  If they want to feature her so much at least choose flattering pictures.  They are not doing her any favors with the pictures they are sharing.   For the second coming they sure don’t make her look good. 🤔

Knowing the outcome, thank you for continuing to watch and post as I am grateful to you all.  I love reading yeach one of your recaps and insights.  You and they are wonderful. ❤️

But, in regards to the show itself.  I think I want to live in a world where Season 13 was the last season and all is right with the world.  🦄

(At least until season 15 comes around😁)

• Love 9
7 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Sam can't dance and doesn't have the glamorous good looks required for the job.

Yeah, she goes to dance classes for fun, she'd never be able to keep up.  I do think, though, that she's a pretty girl who really doesn't wear makeup, she could easily be DCC glammed up.

3 hours ago, Spooky said:

Meredith - I'm just over her; don't care how she dances at this point. Her just woke up/vocal fry is as annoying as her crying.

Perfect description!

3 hours ago, Spooky said:

Sorta off-topic; the visit to the dog park showed one of my apartment windows. I'm DCC: MTT famous y'all. 

Off topic?  As if!  If you are in the same complex as some of the DCC, we want regular reports!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Kimrs said:

I still haven’t bought this season so I really appreciate all of the information and input about the episodes you are all sharing.  Because based on what you are sharing it sounds like I would not enjoy it all.  I thought the Morgan and Breelan seasons were rough but what I am reading takes it to a whole new insufferable level. Seriously what has happened? 😥  

On another note, I am seriously losing my mind with these shots from the show you are sharing.   Every time you share another picture of Victoria’s mouth wide open all I can see any more is Angelica Huston in The Witches.  I know I am probably overreacting  but my gosh I can’t get the image out of my head.  If they want to feature her so much at least choose flattering pictures.  They are not doing her any favors with the pictures they are sharing.   For the second coming they sure don’t make her look good. 🤔

Knowing the outcome, thank you for continuing to watch and post as I am grateful to you all.  I love reading yeach one of your recaps and insights.  You and they are wonderful. ❤️

But, in regards to the show itself.  I think I want to live in a world where Season 13 was the last season and all is right with the world.  🦄

(At least until season 15 comes around😁)

I haven't  watched any of the shows this season either, even tho I have dvr'd them because I am afraid that this year will reinforce last years anger at the over the top favoritism of vickie and cause me to never watch this show again. I really love this show, but I love this forum more. Hahaha. I love what this poster said because she very eloquently said what i wanted to say.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Victoria looks really pretty in that photo.

Yes, she does, actually.  Mostly because it's a wide shot, which is thankfully too far away to discern her big gummy smile.

You know, I can convince myself that I "look really pretty", too, when I first get out of a long, hot shower.   

But it's another story when I open the bathroom door to clear away all that steam.  Suddenly, the mirror isn't fogged up anymore.

Reality sucks like that.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I’m surprised at all of the backlash VK gets about her teeth when it’s Christina who could eat an apple through a picket fence. 

I'm not.

Christina has never demonstrated anything but humility and gratitude on this show.  Because neither Kelli nor Christina herself have ever found it necessary to convince us she's God's Gift to the DCC, no one here feels the need to point out all the ways she's NOT.

Funny how that works.

• Love 21

Another totally confusing thought on WHYYYY they chose Meredith over Julia, etc. - a count of choreographer stickers given to most of the rookie candidates (I couldn't find Kelcey) before Evan Miller added his:  Julia & Chandi 5,   Lily & Lisa 4,   Blonde Taylor, Kristen & Kat 3,  Shania 2,  and drum roll please - Madeline & MEREDITH 1.   😫

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, nancy444 said:

I see what you're seeing, as many of us do. Aside from the one or two on this board who sound like they're on the Cowboys payroll, the rest of us more or less agree with that assessment.

This goes back to those of us who speculated that we're being trolled.  I think you guys are more right than you know.

For those who may disagree with the negative assessments of VK and Kelli, or who think we're being meanies, whatev...Let's be real here: it's not like we're just tuning in for the first time this season, and are assuming everything we see on the screen is just as it appears (sorry Kelli/Tina/CMT).

Most longer-term posters are savvy enough to have formulated opinions from last season's edit, as well as all the behind-the-scenes intel we've gathered and shared during the show's hiatus.  In other words, we know where our info is coming from, and we're not easily gaslighted.

TBH, I think some folks who disagree with the majority opinion (i.e. the ones who want us to believe VK is sweet as Tupelo honey, that Kelli should be awarded Time Magazine's Businesswoman of the Year, and other such fairy tales) aren't really interested in changing OUR minds at all. 

A couple of these dissenting voices seem to be posting for the benefit of the regular readers/lurkers who tend to be more active while the new season is airing.  My guess is they're hoping to steer public opinion back in VKs favor, trying to dilute the majority (admittedly critical) commentary with more "pro-VK/pro-Kelli" sentiments.

Good luck with that.

I’ve been posting long before VK was on the show.   I just always thought VK was very pretty and a good dancer from the first time I saw clips of her - couldn’t understand all the hate at all.   I just flat out don’t agree that she’s a bad dancer, or unattractive, and all these in-depth psychological diagnoses of TK’s parenting and her personality based on snippets from a reality show don’t influence me.

TK calling Chandler a grandma doesn’t mean she’s a bad mom, and VK being in the middle of a photo doesn’t mean she’s a sociopath w/ a personality disorder.   She seems like a perfectly happy girl who’s enjoying life and dancing - maybe she’s a little privileged, but that’s how the majority of girls in dance grew up - I’ve been around this stuff going on 10+ years now - I’ve seen a lot of parents spoiling their daughters and giving them every advantage - and the family doesn’t even need to be wealthy.   VKs situation doesn’t seem extreme or unusual in any way to me.

This latest episode showed clear, long-running footage of VK doing Evan’s routine where she was dancing GREAT and looking thin and beautiful.   The footage of her dancing for Tyce was good as well.   Clear video evidence to me that those praising her likely have a reason to do so other than to kiss up to Kelli.

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
59 minutes ago, nancy444 said:

I'm not.

Christina has never demonstrated anything but humility and gratitude on this show.  Because neither Kelli nor Christina herself have ever found it necessary to convince us she's God's Gift to the DCC, no one here feels the need to point out all the ways she's NOT.

Funny how that works.

Christina has an excuse for everything (she’s injured, she’s tired) - she also denied that her kicks were bad when K&J told her they were.  

And isn’t there “insider info” that Christina isn’t a nice person?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She clearly has not gained weight - if anything she’s lost it.

She is also sucking her stomach in to high heaven, while the girl next to (Rachel, Molly? Can never tell) is not. I would love to see a pic of her standing relaxed.

• Love 13

Been a while since I posted, but some thought on this season...

Y’all whining and complaining about VK being in the middle of every picture...wait till she makes the calendar cover!! ...then point!

Meredith needs to turn the water works off...for crying outloud..it’s getting old!

Kat seems to have a fun personality but it’s beyond me how she (or Meredith) made this team.

i think KaSahara was on the mark suggesting Caroline for point. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Christina has an excuse for everything (she’s injured, she’s tired) - she also denied that her kicks were bad when K&J told her they were.  

And isn’t there “insider info” that Christina isn’t a nice person?

There were probably three folks who said she wasn't a nice person and a trusted insider who said she was a locker room favorite. Christina was ASKED what could be a problem this year, she did not go around complaining beforehand and had she not been called into the office we would not have heard a peep out of her.

She is my favorite (along with Brennan and Bridget) and although I don't know her personally, I can tell you that she is well liked by her team mates on her IG and is almost always invited to the events the other DCC have during there free time. As I have said before, she and Brennan bring a maturity to the locker room that all teams need.

The reason many don't like VK is due to the favoritism she received last season with her disrespect of Jinelle and her very obvious weight gain - things for which pretty much any other TCC would have been cut. In addition, we were practically beat over the head with her then, much as we are seeing this year with Kat and Meredith. I think she is much improved this year, but the bad taste left in our mouths from last year is still there for some and Kelli is very much to blame for that. JMO

• Love 17

I am truly face blind.  Christina and the girl on the far left: wow.  And that is a single kick.  Also, the brunette to the left of Heather has terrible posture. Definitely not a world class year of dancers.  

676D5991-822E-4336-859F-959142145956.jpeg

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, DAthene said:

I am truly face blind.  Christina and the girl on the far left: wow.  And that is a single kick.  Also, the brunette to the left of Heather has terrible posture. Definitely not a world class year of dancers.  

I agree she needs to pull up on her posture 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, DAthene said:

That's Alexis next to Heather who is scrunched over. I've found her dancing to be really heavy this year, both on the show and on social media videos. She's a gorgeous face but she does nothing for me in the dance department! 

In fact, Alexis, Christina and Briana in the back left corner to us look sluggish. If only Alexis wasn't the 2nd leader, I'd have Amber and Bridget as the two behind Heather. They'd look like a fab triangle.

Edited by DCC-UK
Added to
  • Love 9

So this week’s episode claims we’re at the end of Week 5 of training camp.  If my calculations are correct, that helicopter crash which killed several of Shaina’s friends had to have happened by now in real time (Training Camp didn’t start until the first week of June and the helicopter crash was the first week of July).  

3 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

So this week’s episode claims we’re at the end of Week 5 of training camp.  If my calculations are correct, that helicopter crash which killed several of Shaina’s friends had to have happened by now in real time (Training Camp didn’t start until the first week of June and the helicopter crash was the first week of July).  

Yes it happened July 4th so if just happened according with timeline 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

I guess I see less issue with VK than others in part because I just have learned that nepotism is a part of life but most of the time it’s effects aren’t shoved in our faces. I’d be upset if say, VK danced like Meredith and got on the team and SG, but that’s just not the case. At least she’s arguably beautiful and has some dance ability in the DCC style. Even if she isn’t the next coming of Holly or Jenna or another of the greats, she dances circles around Kat and Meredith. VK can’t help how many times she appears on the screen and CMT is obviously playing to the controversy by intentionally pushing her as one of the “stars” of this season. She also can’t control Kelli or Judy or what any of the judges say or do in her favor. If I had a kid and had what we are assuming to be TK’s power to get my kid ahead or enable them to achieve their dream AND they were at least moderately capable of doing whatever it was, I’d definitely do that.

I don’t like or dislike VK, but it’s clear there are two sides to the debate and neither side is willing to budge. At the end of the day, VK being a cheerleader is virtually harmless in the grand scheme of things because I don’t see her has signaling a downturn for the DCC. I will agree that she appears to enjoy being the center of attention, hence her habit of being in the center of photos, but I don’t think that’s a crime/a character flaw. It at the very least gets her noticed whether the person noticing likes her or not. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, DCCinmydreams said:

long time lurker, first time poster, but had a question. How is game day girl chosen?

Kelli and Judy pick a girl I’m not sure the process and welcome to the group 

Edited by Holly85
2 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

What’s up with Heather’s hairline in this picture?!  

Looks like she has a cowlick to me.  Several of my sisters have them and if they don't part their hair in exactly the right place, it looks like that.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Omeletsmom said:

WHY IS MEREDITH ON THIS TEAM???

Because Kelli is still upset she couldn't have her way last year, so this year it's I WILL PICK WHO I WANT FOR THE TEAM, SO THERE!! 😝!!  

Or it could be cause Meredith is a suck up - Kelli is a visionary.  You hold my future in your hands.  I think I'd be watching out for her in the locker room as well.

• Love 7