Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I might agree if she had treated VK, who was an even bigger disappointment IMO, similarly.

Obnoxious as VK can be, she wasn't a memory problem. her dance issues could be corrected with good coaching. Her immaturity kept her off the team last season...we'll see if she's gotten control of herself this year. KaShara was hard on VK's immaturity issues, but still supported her. Dayton, VK & Malena were all kept far longer than they should have been.

4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think (think) Shellie might have alluded to the fact that she absolutely did not coach Dayton at home and it was up to her, including learning the field entrance.  Maybe I just thought that?

But even I think Kelli was rather abrupt with Dayton (or it was edited to make us believe that).

Season before last showed Dayton practicing in front of her mom...that's what I went by. 

11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes!!!  Finally showing some different girls, including Kristen:)

But Kristen looked horrible!  I love her but those eyelashes have to go!  One was on crooked and they are just too much.  They are the cause of those sleepy eyes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Opine said:

But Kristen looked horrible!  I love her but those eyelashes have to go!  One was on crooked and they are just too much.  They are the cause of those sleepy eyes.

That 'sleepy eye' look I think is contrived....but you are so correct, the eyelashes have got to go...I'm surprised they weren't addressed at makeover day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, CrazyMoon said:

The one that stands out: When VK complained about "I wanted show group" like a pouty child...Kelli very pointedly said "You'd better worry about making this team"...which caught VK by unpleasant surprise (everything shows on her face). 

...that’s an example of Kelli snapping at her? She was extremely nice, just imagine another tcc saying the same thing. She would have been cut that very moment. Do you remember the treatment Angela got as a 5th year vet? And that is supposed to be a scared rookie candidate who doesn’t know if she’s going to make it. And it’s not even the attitude. Imagine any other girl gaining so much weight, being a mess and falling behind thinking that she somehow deserves SG. She would have been cut just for the lack of self awareness.

I love Alanna but she looks like a different person. I don’t think it’s just the brows-she looks amazing, but...a different person.

• Love 14

I can only imagine how big of a fit vk is going to throw  as the last 3 cuts are done and they have to do some evening out of the groups if she is chosen to have to leave group 1 for another group 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Kelli acted like she hated Dayton. I’m still wondering what the deal is there.

I think she was put off by Dayton's interview (first time through) also Kelli mentioned her expression as being disinterested when answering ... she was not prepared for her panel and obviously did not keep up with current events.  CMT only shows when K&J are watching I wish they did on season 3 for rookie night and you could see who was actually getting the choreography.. from what I can guess Dayton could do the moves when working off camera and not in front of J&K no pressure ... poor thing let her nerves get the best of her and made it look like she couldnt do the dances when they were watching.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

...that’s an example of Kelli snapping at her? She was extremely nice, just imagine another tcc saying the same thing. She would have been cut that very moment. Do you remember the treatment Angela got as a 5th year vet? And that is supposed to be a scared rookie candidate who doesn’t know if she’s going to make it. And it’s not even the attitude. Imagine any other girl gaining so much weight, being a mess and falling behind thinking that she somehow deserves SG. She would have been cut just for the lack of self awareness.

I love Alanna but she looks like a different person. I don’t think it’s just the brows-she looks amazing, but...a different person.

I think Angela had that coming ....group leader and her rookies were out dancing her that night. The guest choreographer called her out ..... she cant bring that to the dance floor ..its her job to entertain...also Angela made it a point of saying she only came back her 5th year for show group .... found that funny when it was brought up how many times she turned down request to perform.....I felt bad for her in one way its embarrassing in front of everyone to be called out but not for the fact she was group leader and couldnt keep up...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

I'm already dreading the Veruca show when they announce the team, i bet Tina will just happen to be at the stadium TPTB have ruined the team & the show for what thats worth. Do they realize they're responsible for all the negativity toward their beloved girl, especially after the way Dayton was treated and Dayton was 1000% more of a DCC than Veruca will ever be...

No. No they don't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I think Angela had that coming ....group leader and her rookies were out dancing her that night. The guest choreographer called her out ..... she cant bring that to the dance floor ..its her job to entertain...also Angela made it a point of saying she only came back her 5th year for show group .... found that funny when it was brought up how many times she turned down request to perform.....I felt bad for her in one way its embarrassing in front of everyone to be called out but not for the fact she was group leader and couldnt keep up...

Angela’s criticism was well deserved. What I’m saying though is that she got what was coming, while VK didn’t. You can’t convince me that any other “rookie hopeful” would ever get away with this-without even considering everything else that she did.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Was just on Twitter and the DCC CMT account posted about crying tears of joy because last season is now available for download and the irony is that the GIF they used was of VK crying during one of her office visits with Kelli & Judy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't VK crying every time she went to the office? And they were never tears of joy. More like "maybe if I cry they'll feel sorry for me & won't cut me"! I mean why not use a GIF of one of the girls who actually cried tears of joy when she made the team? I took a Screenshot of the tweet & one of the responses!

DCC1.jpg

DCC2.jpg

She cried everytime she was in the office which was alot. Please don’t let this season be another DCC-VK, MTT. I can’t stomach another season like that. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

She cried everytime she was in the office which was alot. Please don’t let this season be another DCC-VK, MTT. I can’t stomach another season like that. 

She's in almost every promo they have shown so far - tv and social media.  Someone said that is all CMT.  Well, Natalie Woods is a producer.  You can't tell me that she isn't giving the ok, or Charlotte or Kelli. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's in almost every promo they have shown so far - tv and social media.  Someone said that is all CMT.  Well, Natalie Woods is a producer.  You can't tell me that she isn't giving the ok, or Charlotte or Kelli. 

I got the impression Natalie Woods and a few other alumni only help produce the audition episodes on the front end because of the amount of work that goes on during just a few days. Not the rest of the season. She has s full-time real estate job, I thought. And now her radio gig. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

But that doesn't excuse Kelly's treatment of her, she was downright mean to her especially given the blatant favoritism she was giving Veruca who was a messy, entitled brat... 

I truly do not understand how Shelly continues to work for Kelly, outside of some weird Stockholm Syndrome type scenario

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Really late to the party, but thought I'd share so I can come back and laugh at my choices down the road... 

Love: Bridget, Caroline, Hannah, Ashlee, Brianna, Cianna, Jalyn, Alanna, and Erin

Like: Heather, Molly, Amber, Brennan, Taylor, Gina, and Amy

Never Really Catch My Eye: Alexis, Madeline, Rachel A, Tess, Lexie, Maddie, and Miranda

Wouldn't Cry If They Got Cut: Rachel W, Daphne, Savannah, and Christina

I'm reserving my opinions about the current TCC's until I see them in action (yes, there are a few that are well known to us already, but will give each the benefit of doubt once the new season starts).

To whomever started this, thank you! This was fun! 🙂 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

I got the impression Natalie Woods and a few other alumni only help produce the audition episodes on the front end because of the amount of work that goes on during just a few days. Not the rest of the season. She has s full-time real estate job, I thought. And now her radio gig. 

Since Kelli is one of the executive producers I’m sure she has much say in what gets broadcast. If it turns out to be the same as last year, I will cancel the recording as I’ve got better things to do with my time than watch that girl and all her crying. 

• Love 3

Just thought I would chime in after being away a bit for boring business stuff. Throwing this out there. We may see during the show's fitting episode, VK being given her last year fitting uniform and when she comes back in, her beaming and them going crazy how it is "too big", whoops, 'Way too big" for her this year to amp up how great she looks, and how much more fit she is. We know she looks better for now but geez. Hmmm, I wonder...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Obnoxious as VK can be, she wasn't a memory problem. her dance issues could be corrected with good coaching. Her immaturity kept her off the team last season...we'll see if she's gotten control of herself this year. KaShara was hard on VK's immaturity issues, but still supported her. Dayton, VK & Malena were all kept far longer than they should have been.

Season before last showed Dayton practicing in front of her mom...that's what I went by. 

VK consistently falls out of turns & does not stay in her own space when dancing. None of her previous coaches have been able to break her of these habits and Kelli did not even look like she was trying to correct them last year. I doubt she is this year either.

I believe it was last season they showed Dayton practicing in front of her mom & Shelly pointed out that she was not coaching her, pointing out mistakes in choreography, etc. She was only giving her very general advice -- need more power, more pop, etc. She specifically said she would not do anything to give Dayton an advantage over the others.

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, DzignerGurl said:

Really late to the party, but thought I'd share so I can come back and laugh at my choices down the road... 

Love: Bridget, Caroline, Hannah, Ashlee, Brianna, Cianna, Jalyn, Alanna, and Erin

Like: Heather, Molly, Amber, Brennan, Taylor, Gina, and Amy

Never Really Catch My Eye: Alexis, Madeline, Rachel A, Tess, Lexie, Maddie, and Miranda

Wouldn't Cry If They Got Cut: Rachel W, Daphne, Savannah, and Christina

I'm reserving my opinions about the current TCC's until I see them in action (yes, there are a few that are well known to us already, but will give each the benefit of doubt once the new season starts).

To whomever started this, thank you! This was fun! 🙂 

I’d swap Taylor with Alanna plus maybe move Gina and Savannah to a They Are Growing on me, and cut Maddie, but otherwise 💯 agree. 

The diff in VK and Dayton is VK and Mama T have made it clear from birth they VK’s only goal in life is to be a DCC, but Dayton was more like hmmm, I love dance, why not try, if it happens ok, if not I’m not going to kill myself. Somehow that really made Kelli do everything she could to pick at Dayton and then cut her, no matter what she did. If she’d drunk the Kool aid she’d be in show group right now, but girl has some sense. VK’s blood type however is DCC Blue Raspberry. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

Since Kelli is one of the executive producers I’m sure she has much say in what gets broadcast. If it turns out to be the same as last year, I will cancel the recording as I’ve got better things to do with my time than watch that girl and all her crying. 

Unless I read on here that things are very different than expected, I am giving this year a pass. I cannot handle a repeat of last year and that's what all the promos, etc. are indicating.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

Just thought I would chime in after being away a bit for boring business stuff. Throwing this out there. We may see during the show's fitting episode, VK being given her last year fitting uniform and when she comes back in, her beaming and them going crazy how it is "too big", whoops, 'Way too big" for her this year to amp up how great she looks, and how much more fit she is. We know she looks better for now but geez. Hmmm, I wonder...

For the love of all that is good that is definitely going to happen without a doubt, ughhhhhhhhhh... and we’ll have to have Veruca & Kelli recreate the pic she took with Tina 100 years ago again... gag me!

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Unless I read on here that things are very different than expected, I am giving this year a pass. I cannot handle a repeat of last year and that's what all the promos, etc. are indicating.

I'm not watching it either.  They've doubled down HARD on VK and expect the season will be devoted to them trying convincing us just how amazing she is.  

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 2

I like all the girls. Some I really love and others I would like to see improve areas.

love: Cianna, Ashlee, Caroline, Heather, Erin, Rachel A, Bridget, Alexis, Hannah, Gina

need improvements:  Maddie - posture, posture, posture, please work on your standing and walking posture, Tess - so beautiful and talented but never seems to really step up and push herself, Daphne - worry about how severely underweight she is, Amy - seems to be coasting/not focused

• Love 1
(edited)

Man, I wish I could play the game, but honestly, I can hardly remember most of the rookies from last year, even after rewatching this weekend.  But here goes.

Love:  Brennan, Ashlee, Bridget, Heather, Erin, Maddie, Gina, Kelly, Lauren, Briana (I’m sure there are more but can’t remember at the moment)

Like:  Most of the others

Can do without:  VK and Rachel (beauty queen)

Most missed:  Khalyn, Lacey, KaShara and Tasha (just from last year)

Still missing and will always miss:  Jacie, Mia Greenhouse, Abigail Kline, Holly P., Jenna, Sasha Agent, Jackie Bobb.  

I love a good comeback story and Brennan is my girl!  But I was so surprised by Erin!  She took the Maddie class of transformation and came back strong and confident!  I love a good comeback story and Maddie and Erin could give a class on it.

I was neutral on Ashlee until she spoke.  From that moment on, I was a true fan!  And it seems as if TPTB really love her.  In rewatching last season, K&J were so impressed by her. I remember them saying that she has sex appeal and that she improved the most during training camp.  It seems as if she is definitely a favorite! 

On rewatch, I forgot how gorgeous Alexis is!  

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Perhaps she won't.  How did she make SG otherwise?  I think we were snookered last year by the editing.

Even when showing off her very best move for SYTYCD, she couldn't stop from falling out. We were definitely not snookered. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
43 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Man, I wish I could play the game, but honestly, I can hardly remember most of the rookies from last year, even after rewatching this weekend.  But here goes.

Love:  Brennan, Ashlee, Bridget, Heather, Erin, Maddie, Gina, Kelly, Lauren, Briana (I’m sure there are more but can’t remember at the moment)

Like:  Most of the others

Can do without:  VK and Rachel (beauty queen)

Most missed:  Khalyn, Lacey, KaShara and Tasha (just from last year)

Still missing and will always miss:  Jacie, Mia Greenhouse, Abigail Kline, Holly P., Jenna, Sasha Agent, Jackie Bobb.  

I love a good comeback story and Brennan is my girl!  But I was so surprised by Erin!  She took the Maddie class of transformation and came back strong and confident!  I love a good comeback story and Maddie and Erin could give a class on it.

I was neutral on Ashlee until she spoke.  From that moment on, I was a true fan!  And it seems as if TPTB really love her.  In rewatching last season, K&J were so impressed by her. I remember them saying that she has sex appeal and that she improved the most during training camp.  It seems as if she is definitely a favorite! 

On rewatch, I forgot how gorgeous Alexis is!  

Absolutely love Erin. I would like to see more of her dancing. I could see her as point one day. 

Best comeback ever would be Maddie if she ends up point! 

I do not know a lot of the names from last year...CMT editing perhaps. 

• Love 4

Thanks to whomever started these lists. I'm late to the party as usual but am also posting to probably ridicule myself later.

Love: Hannah, Jalyn, Heather, Bridget, Caroline, Molly, Ashlee, Brianna

Like:  Cianna, Alanna, Rachel A, Tess, Gina, Daphne, Savannah, and Amy

Never Really Catch My Eye: Brennan, Erin, Amber, Alexis, Taylor, Madeline, Maddie, and Miranda

Wouldn't Cry If They Got Cut: Lexie, Rachel W, and Christina

• Love 3

I am out this season too. Last season was just awful with the blatant favoritism towards VK. CMT is an added expensive on my cable system so I dumped it after last season. I see no reason to add it for this season. 

I also don’t want to see Jayln get cut from  SG and VK making it.  That is not entertaining and I would cry my eyes out!!

Actually I can’t see myself watching this show anymore because of TPTB not addressing the immaturity, mean girl attitude, and overweight VK last year and compare that to any new girl that comes along.  They were not tough on VK and pretty much handed her a SG position this year.  Any other girl who even did any one of those things and TPTB would have said don’t come back next year.  

I am out but will continue to read the forum.

• Love 10

Love: Ashlee, Bridget, Hannah, Jayln, Heather, Briana, Daphne,

Like: Cianna, Tess, Brennan, Amy, Erin, Maddie

Neutral: Caroline, Molly, Alanna, Gina, Both Rachels, Amber, Alexis, Taylor, Madeline, Miranda, Lexie

Cut: Savannah, Christina

I'm sure I missed some

2 hours ago, Tootie said:

Amused how this follows a shot of the, um, body positivity girl with a shot of VKs overbite so that those who are not addicted to DCC won't think VK went dark auburn. 

Also, would love to know more about the fresh faced, natural hair lady shown right before Kat's shot in the stands. I saw some pictures of her from finals that piqued my interest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Also, would love to know more about the fresh faced, natural hair lady shown right before Kat's shot in the stands. I saw some pictures of her from finals that piqued my interest.

I’m curious too!  She is beautiful!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tootie said:

KAT!!! I am already a fan. I also saw Gina Marie Campagna. What an addition she would have made and I am dying to find out what happened that her TC dream was so short lived. Also saw Katy Shaffer: too bad she didn’t make it!

I can’t wait, and no BS about Victoria Kalina or TPTB can stop me from watching. I am what I love, not what loves me!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Amused how this follows a shot of the, um, body positivity girl with a shot of VKs overbite so that those who are not addicted to DCC won't think VK went dark auburn. 

Geena Rojas

• Love 10
6 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Malena needed to go long before she did.

I actually thought it was cruel to keep dragging it out for Malena and let her quit her job like that.  I feared they'd bring her back and do it again this year.  She can hold her high, she gave it her all but they knew she'd never make it and letting her quit her job was.... mean.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Are they going out of their way trying to feature VK in promos? Even if I had no idea who she was, there is no way I would of described that as "tears of joy." Come on CMT, if you're looking for ways to use pics/stills of VK, there are plenty of other options that make way more sense than this -- pulling out her hair waiting for MTT to start, high kicking in celebration of MTT starting soon, splayed over Kelli's desk unable to wait for MTT to start, one of her big goofy smiles . . . 

I'd say that they are making an effort to feature her. I've seen her in 2 of the TV promos, the one on Twitter and a few on the DCC Insta page. I really don't get them using that image of VK because its clear she's not happy. If I didn't know from reading all the insider stuff that VK has practically been declared untouchable by TPTB, I'd have thought that image was chosen to make her look bad. A friend of mine did say that maybe TPTB picked that image of her on purpose just to mess with us.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Kelli snapped at VK more than once, deservedly so. 

When was VK snapped at?  Only thing comes close to being "snapped" at was when she was pouting about show group.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

How on earth can Kelli say it's going to be the most competitive process ever when she has yet to see any of them dance?

It's called hype lol The same reason they're still telling us 400 girls came out, was like 140.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I love that girl! They posted some videos of her & she was my favorite. I hope they feature her. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Shady580 said:

It was how often the Dayton hate and the Victoria praise went back to back or close in the same episode. Dayton should have better turns... oh poor victoria. Dayton should know better. Victoria is a beautiful storm. Dayton should be more poised but Victoria has no words. It was the constant hypocrisy that pushed me into Daytons corner. In reality, they both should have been stronger. But Dayton never stood a chance from the moment she took the floor in prelims. 

When you break it down like that, it really is obvious how they were more in VK's corner than Dayton's. I mean both of them had the same knowledge of how training camp works, they both had extensive backgrounds in dance and they both had insight into what was expected of them, but they both handled it very differently (Dayton with genuine sweetness & grace, VK with ego and expectation) and they were both treated very differently. The analogy I used was like when little kids are learning to swim. K&J were holding VK's hand & guiding her through the shallows while they threw Dayton into the deep end and were like "we're disappointed you're not swimming as well as VK."

• Love 18