Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

What does Kelli’s daughter Sam have to do with the show? I noticed she has been posting IG stories referring to being a part of tryouts and the show. 

Sam is actually a part of the MTT show’s production crew. She seems to be helping in setting up the scenes, making sure the right people, props, etc are ready to go & in the right place.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Beginning half to what Kristi posted earlier.  Love her or hate her, Gina is fun to watch in this clip.

I thought Gina was great plus I really like the energy of everyone.  It’s going to be so much fun to watch them all this season. And luckily for me I can only tell the difference between outstanding choreo and the worst choreo ever.  Everything in between those two looks ok to me.

• Love 9

Bradie James is the cutest in that segment! Was he one of the Cowboys who "coached" the TCCs and vets in a flag football game during season 3 or so? I loved it when Shelley tells him he needs sass because it's a touchdown dance and then he's like, yeah! and actually pumps his arms almost correctly. Those sexy hips need work, though, bless his heart. Nice to see Cianna and Rachel A as the non-leaders chosen for the segment.

I also loved Phil in the locker room tour. He's just awesome. I love his Southern drawl and it's been great learning on the boards how much he does in his job. Somehow, I'm most impressed that he's an art curator for the stadium. I'm second most impressed that he got down on his knees dancing last season during the finals audition dance party. I just find him charming and he seems like really good people.

So excited for Friday's premiere! I know so little about most of the TCCs that I'm extra eager to start seeing them in the first episodes. Here's hoping they "introduce" us to all the TCCs and don't just hyper focus on the strugglers and VK.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, the lies are already starting.  The episode guide for the first episode states that "400 dancers from all over the country converge.... to audition."   LOL!!!!  What did we figure - around 150 -175?

If that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I’m all in for unpopular opinions today 😂 I love the blonde bombshell look of TCC Ashley, Lexie, Tasha, etc...it’s a good mix with the “girl next door” like Bridget. I even like Sydney’s dress, tho it was too cocktail for the occasion.  And I still love Thunderstruck 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Turns out I am a fan of most of these current vets! 

Love: Bridget, Heather, Caroline, Ashlee, Cianna, Hannah, Molly, Alanna, Tess, Rachel A., Brianna, Jalyn, Gina (the last is a huge change from her 1st year for me)

Like: Lexie, Savannah, Erin, Amber, Alexis, Daphne, Amy, Rachel W., Taylor J.

Neutral: Madeline M. (but I think she's growing on me)

Not a Fan: Christina, Miranda, Maddie

Recent retirees missing the most: Lacey, Maggie, Khalyn, KaShara, Robin, Jessica Marie, Bess, Amy T., Stephanie

TCCs I'm hoping make the team: Chandi, Kat, Amanda, Taylor

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, KaterynParr said:

I love Gina. I really don't get a fake vibe from her. Maybe a bit of arrogance, but man does she have the talent to back it up.

I don't get arrogance.  I do get confidence. I'm okay with that. 😊

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I don't get arrogance.  I do get confidence. I'm okay with that. 😊

It's funny though - season 12, Kitty wasn't impressed with Gina's "arrogance."  But last season, she made a comment to Rachel W about saving the best for last.  Rachel replied that she didn't think she was last, and certainly not the best.  And Kitty made a comment about that.  They can't win, whether it's confidence or modesty.

• Love 20

Honestly, I get the most arrogant vibe from Madeline M...I think she puts on the little girl tears for show but I get serious mean girl vibes from her. The episode last season where we learned about the locker moving and being the "boss" of the TCCs sort of confirmed that to me. Gina...eh, she is really good and she is aware of it. I'm good with that. 

• Love 13

Watching S13E11....Kristen needs to get rid of the 'lowered chin looking up thru her lashes look'...it looks contrived (though now probably a life long habit to look sweetly innocent)...if she still has it, I hope she gets cut.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, PunchPowerPop said:

The episode last season where we learned about the locker moving and being the "boss" of the TCCs sort of confirmed that to me. 

"boss" of the TCCs? 🤔 which episode?

5 minutes ago, PunchPowerPop said:

Honestly, I get the most arrogant vibe from Madeline M...I think she puts on the little girl tears for show but I get serious mean girl vibes from her. The episode last season where we learned about the locker moving and being the "boss" of the TCCs sort of confirmed that to me. Gina...eh, she is really good and she is aware of it. I'm good with that. 

I still want to know why she moved her locker.  It could have been for the day - maybe something spilled, light bulbs didn't work, whatever.  Kelli was all, I don't need to know and I'm like, shhhhh!  Be quiet - let her talk:)

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Watching S13E11....Kristen needs to get rid of the 'lowered chin looking up thru her lashes look'...it looks contrived (though now probably a life long habit to look sweetly innocent)...if she still has it, I hope she gets cut.

Yes yes yes!!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

Gee, I wonder what they'll do next year when Veruka keeps falling out of turns during show group performances. 

Perhaps she won't.  How did she make SG otherwise?  I think we were snookered last year by the editing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I gotta say I kind of liked Amanda Dilks music video that was posted a few days ago. Well I liked the song. Could have done without the concept and talking throughout, but cheesy pop songs are my thing. Lol and I like that there will be an Amanda on the squad finally, if she makes it. That's my name. Ha  oh and I thought she looked pretty in the preview they showed on CMT the other night. Chandi as well. 

Me too! I liked Amanda from day one and I liked the song, even if the autotune was a bit overwhelming. 

Amanda (with Kat and Kelcey) is just what the squad needs, with all of those dancers without glam or looks.

There are enough Brennan’s on the team already, and with the daparture of hard hitting Lacey and KaSexy there is really a big deficiency on glamorous and great looking dancers on the squad. 

It is so easy! One look and you know whether they’ve got it or not. One look.

The routines are great and all but if only a limited amount of dancers are good enough go do them, the routines should be changed to accomodate the dancers that are needed.

DCC should be about dancers like Ashton Torres, Brittany Evans, Mia Greenhouse, Maggie Rouse, Amy Trader, Abigail Klein and yes, Kalyssa Singleton.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Kayce said:

Sydney's dress is AWFUL. It looks so out of place with all of the other outfits.  Sarah's black dress is my favorite followed by Jackie Bob in the red 🙂

It toadalee looks out of place but I LOVE it!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, the lies are already starting.  The episode guide for the first episode states that "400 dancers from all over the country converge.... to audition."   LOL!!!!  What did we figure - around 150 -175?

Why do they still say this? It’s not like we can’t see the ladies in the stadium seats. 🙄

I can't tell on my small computer screen--is anybody missing from this pic? (Obviously not VK, as she's smack in the center) I think I see 12 TCCs here. So, no new cuts and still 3 cuts remaining, correct? I see 11 pink tops and I think that's Kristin in the back (no top visible) to make 12.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I’m having a hard time seeing everyone, but I count 10TCC here. Who is on the far left? I thought it was VK and got excited that she didn’t cram herself into the center.... but then I got to the center 😕 and who is she posing with there? Also, who is on the right, above Ciana (or damnit whateve their name is! I love her but can’t remember her name for anything) she’s pretty! 

ETA: I’m glad Kat is still there! Lots of cryptic posts before. I still see Lily and Kristen. Was kinda hoping Kristen was cut. She bores me and her Jesus dancer thing is so contrived and it bugs the hell out of me for some reason. 

Edited by WinkyFace
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I can't tell on my small computer screen--is anybody missing from this pic? (Obviously not VK, as she's smack in the center) I think I see 12 TCCs here. So, no new cuts and still 3 cuts remaining, correct? I see 11 pink tops and I think that's Kristin in the back (no top visible) to make 12.

There's 39 of them there still, everyone there

56 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Perhaps she won't.  How did she make SG otherwise?  I think we were snookered last year by the editing.

one good performance (assumed) does not a season make.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

above Ciana (or damnit whateve their name is! I love her but can’t remember her name for anything) she’s pretty! 

I believe Cianna has Hannah on the left and Kelcey on the right? It's Kelcey or Kristin and the eyes don't look right for Kristin.

1 minute ago, go4luca said:
7 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Also, who is on the right, above Ciana (or damnit whateve their name is! I love her but can’t remember her name for anything) she’s pretty! 

Is it Julia?

Cianna is on the other side of the pic.

cianna2.jpg

Just now, LincolnCentMe said:

I think they’re going to take more than 36 this year. Just a gut feeling...And/or at the very least, it is my hope. 

Charlotte has said 36 is a hard line and Shelly has indicated that won't be the case.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, LincolnCentMe said:

I think they’re going to take more than 36 this year. Just a gut feeling...And/or at the very least, it is my hope. 

What's the most they've taken in the history of MTT? 38, 39 or 40?

7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

nevermind

LOL so I guess it wasn't just me tonight whose had posts eaten alive 🙂

Edited by DCCFanInKy
formatting
1 minute ago, Squeek said:

Cianna is on the other side of the pic.

cianna2.jpg

Charlotte has said 36 is a hard line and Shelly has indicated that won't be the case.

Well one can always have faith bc all things are possible. VK having a guaranteed spot last year is a great example of this. JML2C 

1 minute ago, Squeek said:

39 in 2012 & ‘13 I believe. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

It's a bit clearer who's wearing pink tops in the 2nd photo, even though the faces are darker. Is Shaina to the right of Cianna? I think Kelcey is next to Kat. I can count 12 TCCs but I still don't know them enough to ID them from such small photos and without the handy photo cards with names.

Heartbreaking for whoever gets cut at this point. I'm worried for Lily because she recently was in a session with Melissa Rycroft, which usually means she's struggling with performance. I'd hate for her to get Brennan-ed and be the last or one of the last cut again, even though I wasn't a big fan of Lily's dancing last year. She needs to stay on beat better, and there just seemed something kind of awkward sometimes with the way she'd hold her head and posture while dancing. Since she's made it this far a second time, I'm hoping for her sake that she's fixed that. Same with Kristin and her performance/projection issues, in spite of the fact that I was more than ready for her to be cut last season.

Maybe I'm a total dork, but I really liked watching last season's first two episodes a few times with the forum TCC roster photos sheet/card a couple of y'all have made for us so I spot as many of the TCCs as possible and get a feel for how they dance. It also helps me feel like I know better who's who by the time I get to episodes 3 and 4. Looking forward to doing the same this year!

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, LincolnCentMe said:

Well one can always have faith bc all things are possible. VK having a guaranteed spot last year is a great example of this. JML2C 

39 in 2012 & ‘13 I believe. 

2012, 2013 was 38.

5 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Maybe I'm a total dork, but I really liked watching last season's first two episodes a few times with the forum TCC roster photos sheet/card a couple of y'all have made for us so I spot as many of the TCCs as possible and get a feel for how they dance. It also helps me feel like I know better who's who by the time I get to episodes 3 and 4. Looking forward to doing the same this year!

I finally just took a screen shot of the photo card and saved it on my phone🤓.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, LincolnCentMe said:

Not likely.  If Kelli can't get the permissions (or the funding) needed to expand the squad enough to give Victoria a spot last year, then it's not likely she's going to be able to expand the squad this year either.  

13 minutes ago, LincolnCentMe said:

Victoria did herself OUT of a spot last year with the weight gain, the lying, the attitude, and everything else.  As it was, Kelli dragged her to the very last scheduled night of Training Camp (the night when the squad is usually announced; the weekend and following Monday were NOT expected to be part of Training Camp) despite Victoria doing things that would normally have gotten other girls shown the door.  I don't know of any other girl who has done the things Victoria has done who has made the team, either that same year or the following year. 

• Love 16
On 7/28/2019 at 8:40 PM, EricaShadows said:

I'm watching earlier seasons of the show and it's interesting comparing the 18- and 19-year-old girls who made the squad in seasons past to others in more recent years (including one certain girl currently in Training Camp).  Mia Greenhouse had literally graduated from high school the Friday before the First Meeting of her rookie year (2009).  Megan Sharp was 18 when she made the squad in 2007.  I believe Cassie was 18 when she initially made it.  Erica, Jenna, Lacey, all of them (I believe) were 18 when they made the squad and I know there were others.  These girls come in poised, polished and mature so I don't get where the "Oh, she's still young" or "She's only 18, give her a break" excuses come from.  These haven't been applied exclusively to Victoria (though she's the most obvious one).  I suspect there are other girls who have gone through Training Camp, but leaned on the "I'm only 18" line to excuse their bad behavior though we haven't always heard about it.  I am struggling to come up with some other names of who those girls could have been.  Examples would be appreciated.

There were also equal numbers or more of 18 y/o being sent home in seasons past, don't you think? The younguns you mentioned were exceptional for their age. VK may be closer to the norm, imho. I certainly don't know a lot of uber poised, sophisticated 18 y/o, and I taught college journalism for 6 years and worked at an honors college for 3 years. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Yeah no new cuts Sunday and Monday was cameos Tuesday was the queen concert wensaday nothing Thursday the girls who went to Oxnard left and the rookies had media training so this is the first night of tc for this week 

• Useful 1
46 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK inserting herself right into the center (see second pic). Disgusting. 

I assume she hovers around the person that will be featured.  Less obvious than standing off to the side and then running and pushing to get to the center.  

• Love 4

My Loves: Bridget, Caroline, Ashlee, Maddie, Cianna, Hannah, Jalyn, Erin

Like: Savannah,  Amber,  Brianna B, Taylor J. 

Neutral: Amy, Christina, Daphne, Alexis, Lexie, Gina -I will never not laugh when Kelli said her smile looks joker-ish... I know, Im horrible!!  XD But that girl can DANCE!! 

Not a fan:  Madeline M -Ugh Ok.. I know she has a following but this girl's attitude bugs me! I'm glad she got called out for her arrogance last TC. I actually saw it the year before when she got cut for her immature dance style. With her comments about her paving her way to becoming a DCC because she move to Dallas right out of college( ALOT of girls do that)  and whining about sleeping on a air mattress ( I slept on my friend's air mattress in her living-room when I was almost homeless to stay close/ keep my job)  I'm like.... Madeline.. honey.. there are girls sleeping in their CARS to make their DCC dreams come true...Hopefully she had that slice of humble pie Kitty was talking about.  Have to admit, she looked gorgeous in her solo pics this time around. 

Recent retirees missing the most: Melissa, Lacey, KaShara, Robin, Jenna, Stephanie, Jacie Scott ( sob 😞 )

TCCs I'm hoping make the team: Kristen and Meredith The underdog 

Realistic choice for Point. Gina or Maddie

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Except it wasn't the editing -- there are plenty of videos on instagram of her consistently falling out of turns. Either they didn't care or turns weren't a big part of the SG audition (my bet is Kelli said, "awe" everytime she fell out of turn -- similar to last year).

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Reveala said:

There were also equal numbers or more of 18 y/o being sent home in seasons past, don't you think? The younguns you mentioned were exceptional for their age. VK may be closer to the norm, imho. I certainly don't know a lot of uber poised, sophisticated 18 y/o, and I taught college journalism for 6 years and worked at an honors college for 3 years. 

Except we have never seen anyone act even remotely close to the way VK did last year. That's why I don't buy the "she was only 18" excuse. Yes, there have been other 18 year olds & not all as poised & polished as the ones previously mentioned, but no one has ever acted like that -- and if they did, they were cut so quickly we didn't see or hear about it.

And, yes, I have worked at a university for many years -- I have had many students that worked for me and others I worked with on their assignments -- plenty were 18, some were even a month or two shy of turning 18 -- and I never encountered anything like we saw last season. She is not the norm to me.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 16
17 hours ago, bupbupbip said:

Shot out to INKWTWH who was the first one to post "love, like, neutral, not a fan" topic haha it was very interesting to see all differents opinions from everyone, so we can conclude that we all LOVE Bridget and Hannah ❤ and yet again, we are not a fan of Victoria ugh. 

🙂

Shucks! I was pretty chuffed that it caught on.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

That’s one of the creepiest things these girls have said. I sure hope they don’t expect rookies to “yes ma’am” the vets too.

I think she would look nicer with a more toned down blonde and less tan-that’s at least why she looks a bit plastic to me. But honestly it’s not about her look per se, her smirk just makes me feel like she’s a mean girl. It might just be her face though, so i’m trying not to focus on that.

As for Alexis, I might be one of the very few who don’t think she’s that pretty. She has no neck in most pictures and she’s a blender at best as a dancer. I don’t think i can add anything on Bridget 🙂

I've always thought that about Kelsey (but I've also never been a fan of her) and Sydney's dress is just awful.  I think Alexis is beautiful but I do agree with her being a blender for dancing and now that you've made the no neck comment...I may not be able to look at a picture of her the same way 😉 

• Love 1

Love: Bridget Jacob, Tigress Erin Sauerhage, Caroline Sundvold, Alanna Tarango, Rachel Alexander, Superstar Jalyn Stough, Miranda ‘Diana’ Tims

Like: Molly, Cianna, Hannah, Heather, Savannah, Amy, Rachel Wyatt, Taylor Johnson, Tess, Maddie

Neutral: Gina, Ashlee, Brianna, Alexis, Amber, Lexie, Madeline, Christina

Not a Fan: Daphne, Brennan

Recent retirees missing the most: Lacey Munoz, Maggie Rouse, Khalyn Larke, Jacie Scott, Kalyssa Singleton, KaSexy Garrett, Tasha “Talkin’ ‘bout weight ain’t fun y’all” Cruz, Megan Carciopollo, 50 yard Kelsey Lowrance, Amy Trader, Melissa Wallace, Mandy Voecks and I still miss Danielle Barhold and Nicole Bulcher.

TCCs I'm hoping make the team: Shayna, Kat Puryear, Amanda Dilks, Kelcey Wetterberg, Lisa Mills

• LOL 2
  • Love 3