Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Stee said:

This choreography is different (ish) but it is TERRIBLE!!!

Maddie looks awesome !  I don't care for the choreography but I loved watching her do it 🙂 After seeing her and Amy kind of splitting the 50 yard line, I'm 110% Team Maddie for point.   

• Love 8

While Maddie may be a very good dancer and have seniority, she is very bland and vanilla to me and not fun to watch.  She lacks ZERO sex appeal.

Point needs sex appeal mixed with girl next door.  There are NO senior vets that meet this match, so I am rooting for a Bridget point.  She is just cute as a button and a strong dancer.

• Love 16
(edited)
5 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

While Maddie may be a very good dancer and have seniority, she is very bland and vanilla to me and not fun to watch.  She lacks ZERO sex appeal.

Point needs sex appeal mixed with girl next door.  There are NO senior vets that meet this match, so I am rooting for a Bridget point.  She is just cute as a button and a strong dancer.

This is exactly how I feel about Maddie...cute as a button, bubbly and a hell of a dancer.  I don't think there's anything bland about her at all, she is fun to watch. That being said, I love Bridget, she is cute as can be and could get behind her as point.  Sex appeal in Bridget, though, I just don't see it... but as I've stated MANY times, I don't care who they put at point, as long as it's not Gina.  It's going to be interesting to see who finally ends up at point.  TPTB may totally blindside us 🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5
(edited)

Maybe we are looking at this all wrong, they had Maddie/Amy and Lexie/Caroline up there not to split point but to be the other 2 in the triangle because Hannah is point but couldn’t attend Oxnard. Haha jk but I wouldn’t be upset if it was true, Hannah’s a rockstar. In all honesty I can’t help but wonder where her position would be in the triangle, she’s one of the strongest 2nds years and compared to Caroline, Daphne, and Amber I think she’s better. I haven’t seen her and Bridget dance next to each other but I imagine they're fairly close in power and projection. Also she’s fairly tall so I think she’s be great next to Tess to balance that out. 

Edited by Monique
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, IHopeUDance said:

Sam is actually a part of the MTT show’s production crew. She seems to be helping in setting up the scenes, making sure the right people, props, etc are ready to go & in the right place.  

Thanks, that’s interesting. It’s good experience if it’s something she wants to peruse for a career 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LincolnCentMe said:

I think they’re going to take more than 36 this year. Just a gut feeling...And/or at the very least, it is my hope. 

Not according to Shelley and her response to me last week 

5B506203-4467-484E-AA86-791050DA88D6.jpeg

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

I don't get arrogance.  I do get confidence. I'm okay with that. 😊

When the squad was announced last season, Briana said that you can be sexy, smart and confident.  You don’t have to choose.  Loved that.

Gina for point!

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

Thanks, that’s interesting. It’s good experience if it’s something she wants to peruse for a career 

I’ve heard Sam Finglass is crazy intelligent and a very impressive, sweet young lady.  She was never interested in being a DCC growing up, but is very supportive of all the girls. They love her.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Love: Bridget Jacob, Tigress Erin Sauerhage, Caroline Sundvold, Alanna Tarango, Rachel Alexander, Superstar Jalyn Stough, Miranda ‘Diana’ Tims

Like: Molly, Cianna, Hannah, Heather, Savannah, Amy, Rachel Wyatt, Taylor Johnson, Tess, Maddie

Neutral: Gina, Ashlee, Brianna, Alexis, Amber, Lexie, Madeline, Christina

Not a Fan: Daphne, Brennan

Recent retirees missing the most: Lacey Munoz, Maggie Rouse, Khalyn Larke, Jacie Scott, Kalyssa Singleton, KaSexy Garrett, Tasha “Talkin’ ‘bout weight ain’t fun y’all” Cruz, Megan Carciopollo, 50 yard Kelsey Lowrance, Amy Trader, Melissa Wallace, Mandy Voecks and I still miss Danielle Barhold and Nicole Bulcher.

TCCs I'm hoping make the team: Shayna, Kat Puryear, Amanda Dilks, Kelcey Wetterberg, Lisa Mills

Love: Caroline, Bridget, Jalyn, Brianna, Brennan, Hannah and Ciana

Like:Maddie, Ashlee ,Alanna, Rachel W, Savannah, Amber

Neutral: Miranda, Erin, Molly, Tess, Taylor, Rachel A

Not a fan: Christina, Lexi, Alexis

• Love 3
6 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Except we have never seen anyone act even remotely close to the way VK did last year. That's why I don't buy the "she was only 18" excuse. Yes, there have been other 18 year olds & not all as poised & polished as the ones previously mentioned, but no one has ever acted like that -- and if they did, they were cut so quickly we didn't see or hear about it.

And, yes, I have worked at a university for many years -- I have had many students that worked for me and others I worked with on their assignments -- plenty were 18, some were even a month or two shy of turning 18 -- and I never encountered anything like we saw last season. She is not the norm to me.

I agree but age aside .... the one that annoyed me the most was season 8 with the Morgan show .. I think she cried and whined as much as VK that season to the tv cameras ... she may have been a locker room favorite but I was not sad to see her cut.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

My understanding was Jenna's last straw was failing in their eyes as a good mentor and leader to the newer DCCs.  that was what that whole thing on camera was before auditions, saying can we trust you as a leader and she was like oh totally and then she was at clubs with Holly when, if nothing else, Holly was underage. 

No one is going to universally agree on what Jenna's real responsibility was (so I hope we don't fall down that rabbit hole again with i love jenna vs she was satan) but the issue is that she didn't meet THEIR (K&J's) expectations and that's all that matters in the end.  Is there some hypocrisy? absolutely.  But that's what bit K&J in the end anyway.  They let bad behavior get out of line for too long (i.e Cassie, Sydney).  

ALL that said, it is a shame she didn't get to keep point because she was very talented and fun to watch (tho I am Kash's biggest fan so I have zero problem with her at point for 2 years 🙂 ).  I would have been shocked, though, if Jenna had got pro bowl even without the Holly drama.   

Jenna got extra bratty those last couple years r/t hooking up w/Dax, seniority, etc. plus it did not help when she had all those mean girls aka Erica, Cersten, Holly, Keyra etc all feeding off each other and being snottier than snot. No way was she getting voted pro bowl by her team or approved by K&J. 

• Love 10

Here's my list:

Love: Bridget, Cianna, Hannah, Jalyn, Ashlee, Caroline

Like: Daphne, Alanna, Savannah, Amber

Neutral: Gina, Heather, Molly, Maddie, Amy, Tess, Christina, Brennan

Never Catch My Eye: Miranda, Rachel A., Rachel W., Taylor, Erin, Madeline M., Alexis, Lexie, Briana

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Love this photo of Erin.

I have to say her first try at training camp was a big mess and I wondered if she was going to come back and try again since DCC style was so out of her range it seemed ... she is actually one of my favorite rookies .... I always root for the comeback girls LOL!!!

• Love 12

Was just on Twitter and the DCC CMT account posted about crying tears of joy because last season is now available for download and the irony is that the GIF they used was of VK crying during one of her office visits with Kelli & Judy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't VK crying every time she went to the office? And they were never tears of joy. More like "maybe if I cry they'll feel sorry for me & won't cut me"! I mean why not use a GIF of one of the girls who actually cried tears of joy when she made the team? I took a Screenshot of the tweet & one of the responses!

DCC1.jpg

DCC2.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
Just now, Bellisima08 said:

Was just on Twitter and the DCC CMT account posted about crying tears of joy because last season is now available for download and the irony is that the GIF they used was of VK crying during one of her office visits with Kelli & Judy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't VK crying every time she went to the office? And they were never tears of joy. More like "maybe if I cry they'll feel sorry for me & won't cut me"! I mean why not use a GIF of one of the girls who actually cried tears of joy when she made the team? I took a Screenshot of the tweet & one of the responses!

DCC1.jpg

DCC2.jpg

Morgan cried every time she was called into the office and always made a big deal about how after having baby didnt think she was going to ever get far ....blah blah blah 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, VintageJ said:

When the squad was announced last season, Briana said that you can be sexy, smart and confident.  You don’t have to choose.  Loved that.

Gina for point!

That comment is enough to push Briana up to my “Love” column!

I also blanked on Shaina, so I guess I have five favorite rookies. 

• Love 3

Rewatching season 13 in prep for season 14.

Victoria- started out confident but played the "oh I hope I make it" card until crap got real and then she dropped the sugary sweet persona.

Meridith- I hope she comes across a little more polished this year. Last year she seemed kind of vacant. Her interview was rough and it looked like she didnt know the dance on the field.

What happened to the blonde girl? Lindsay maybe? They featured her a lot but then she disappeared. 

I liked the other laker girl Sarah. Did she not try out again?

I like TKD Madi. I'm sad she didnt make it this year either.

Wish Dayton would have came back but I get why she didnt. They didnt have a nice thing to say about her. I was so sad that she immediately had to work 4 times harder than anyone else just to be on the same page.

Kelli did not like Gabby last year either. Not surprised she was cut.

Malena is lost... 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

Rewatching season 13 in prep for season 14.

Victoria- started out confident but played the "oh I hope I make it" card until crap got real and then she dropped the sugary sweet persona.

Meridith- I hope she comes across a little more polished this year. Last year she seemed kind of vacant. Her interview was rough and it looked like she didnt know the dance on the field.

What happened to the blonde girl? Lindsay maybe? They featured her a lot but then she disappeared. 

I liked the other laker girl Sarah. Did she not try out again?

I like TKD Madi. I'm sad she didnt make it this year either.

Wish Dayton would have came back but I get why she didnt. They didnt have a nice thing to say about her. I was so sad that she immediately had to work 4 times harder than anyone else just to be on the same page.

Kelli did not like Gabby last year either. Not surprised she was cut.

Malena is lost... 

The blonde girl I was thinking about was Lily who was cut close to the end ... I am hoping she makes it along with Merideth .  I want Merideth to be a little more outgoing because the times that they focused on her I thought she could adapt to DCC style.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Jenna got extra bratty those last couple years r/t hooking up w/Dax, seniority, etc. plus it did not help when she had all those mean girls aka Erica, Cersten, Holly, Keyra etc all feeding off each other and being snottier than snot. No way was she getting voted pro bowl by her team or approved by K&J. 

Who is Dax?  You mean Dak Prescott, the Cowboys quarterback?  If yes, I never heard that about Jenna.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

DCC1.jpg

DCC2.jpg

Are they going out of their way trying to feature VK in promos? Even if I had no idea who she was, there is no way I would of described that as "tears of joy." Come on CMT, if you're looking for ways to use pics/stills of VK, there are plenty of other options that make way more sense than this -- pulling out her hair waiting for MTT to start, high kicking in celebration of MTT starting soon, splayed over Kelli's desk unable to wait for MTT to start, one of her big goofy smiles . . . 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Love: Caroline, Heather, Lexie, Bridget, Briana, Miranda, Brennan   

Like: Gina, Maddie, Jalyn, Alanna, Erin, Ashlee, Molly

Meh: Amy, Rachel A, Savannah, Taylor J, Tess, Hannah, Cianna

Blech: Alexis, Amber, Christina, Rachel W, Madeline M, Daphne

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

LOL!! Otherwise known by my friends and I as the episode where VK shows Kelli her impersonation of a Swiffer Duster!

Love this!

13 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Perhaps she won't.  How did she make SG otherwise?  I think we were snookered last year by the editing.

They literally ‘aw’-ed when she fell (multiple times) out of her turns during auditions last year.  She’s falling out of her turns (or moving spots) in almost all her personal videos too. Unless someone was there everytime poking her to fall out of her turn just for the show (and insta), then it’s all her.

13 hours ago, Tootie said:
Everyone's still there...  12 rks, 27 vets

They started out strong, but they’re taking their sweet time now... i feel so sorry for the girls who are waiting to find out if they’ll make it.

1 hour ago, lah715 said:

I have to say her first try at training camp was a big mess and I wondered if she was going to come back and try again since DCC style was so out of her range it seemed ... she is actually one of my favorite rookies .... I always root for the comeback girls LOL!!!

I wasn’t a fan, but I think she’s the single most impressive comeback girl. She was so soft and nowhere near dcc style and yet, she managed to turn it around in just one year. I know I know, I should stop bringing VK up but... here we have someone who is actually strong in lyrical and managed to turn it around in one year. Aaand then, there is the one who is mediocre at best in lyrical and has been taking prep classes for at least 3 years and still nada...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

Morgan cried every time she was called into the office and always made a big deal about how after having baby didn't think she was going to ever get far ....blah blah blah 

I got SO tired of Morgan, her sob story and all of her tears....Tasha was a teen mom and she never acted that way. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I'm already dreading the Veruca show when they announce the team, i bet Tina will just happen to be at the stadium TPTB have ruined the team & the show for what thats worth. Do they realize they're responsible for all the negativity toward their beloved girl, especially after the way Dayton was treated and Dayton was 1000% more of a DCC than Veruca will ever be...

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Love: Caroline, Heather, Lexie, Bridget, Briana, Miranda, Brennan, Alexis   

Like: Gina, Maddie, Jalyn, Alanna, Erin, Ashlee, Molly

Meh: Amy, Rachel A, Savannah, Taylor J, Tess, Hannah, Cianna

Blech: Alexis, Amber, Christina, Rachel W, Madeline M, Daphne

Oh, @DanceChick, I think you made a mistake, I fixed it for you 😂😜

• LOL 4
7 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I'm already dreading the Veruca show when they announce the team, i bet Tina will just happen to be at the stadium TPTB have ruined the team & the show for what thats worth. Do they realize they're responsible for all the negativity toward their beloved girl, especially after the way Dayton was treated and Dayton was 1000% more of a DCC than Veruca will ever be...

Dayton couldn't remember the choreography to save her soul....and bless her heart she tried. I think Kelli was just frustrated with Dayton and it showed on her face....If Victoria makes the team, and it's still an IF, she'll be able to perform to DCC standards. K&J will not compromise the integrity of the team for her. Kelli gets borderline hysterical over a 'wiggly line' on the field, so she won't be keeping anyone who can't be coached.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Dayton couldn't remember the choreography to save her soul....and bless her heart she tried. I think Kelli was just frustrated with Dayton and it showed on her face....If Victoria makes the team, and it's still an IF, she'll be able to perform to DCC standards. K&J will not compromise the integrity of the team for her. Kelli gets borderline hysterical over a 'wiggly line' on the field, so she won't be keeping anyone who can't be coached.

But that doesn't excuse Kelly's treatment of her, she was downright mean to her especially given the blatant favoritism she was giving Veruca who was a messy, entitled brat... 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, TB12 said:

But that doesn't excuse Kelly's treatment of her, she was downright mean to her especially given the blatant favoritism she was giving Veruca who was a messy, entitled brat... 

Kelli snapped at VK more than once, deservedly so. 

1 minute ago, KatieC said:

Malena was way worse with memory issues and wasn’t treated like Dayton was. 

Totally agree! Malena needed to go long before she did. However, I can see why they wanted to continue trying to keep her. She had every other desirable DCC trait and would have been a fabulous ambassador...keeping her to the bitter end was unintentionally very cruel IMO

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Refresh my memory? The only time I sensed her getting exasperated with VK was during the meeting after she wasn't doing well in rehearsal with a guest choreographer and it was more of "What's going on with you?" conversation. In other instances, I felt like she treated VK with kid gloves when other TCCs would have been read the riot act.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I'll respectfully disagree... I didn't see Kelly snapping at her at all perhaps the night she cut her but if anyone else behaved like that, talking over her, cleaning the desk with her hair, joking... they would've been gone immediately... 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, TB12 said:

I'll respectfully disagree... I didn't see Kelly snapping at her at all perhaps the night she cut her but if anyone else behaved like that, talking over her, cleaning the desk with her hair, joking... they would've been gone immediately... 

The one that stands out: When VK complained about "I wanted show group" like a pouty child...Kelli very pointedly said "You'd better worry about making this team"...which caught VK by unpleasant surprise (everything shows on her face). 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I just rewatched auditions. She started in on Dayton from freestyle and never let up. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Shady580 said:

I just rewatched auditions. She started in on Dayton from freestyle and never let up. 

I always felt like Kelli knew she couldn't have two legacies given a free pass so she chose to protect Veruca & just bash Dayton from jump and it still boggles my mind bc Dayton was everything you'd want in a DCC, beautiful, mature and she had GRACE the thing Kelli wanted most out of every DCC ahem poor Megan Flaherty, RIP... 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

When you watch episodes back to back you really get a sense of her dislike for Dayton and it is hard to understand why.

• Love 22
(edited)

Victoria was snapped at during the office visit with Jinelle - "you need to figure out who Victoria is".  I believe that is also when Kelli told her she needed to start treating this as a job.

I think the reason we don't consider it as much of a "punishment" is because we didn't see Kelli address the lying, the disrespect towards Jinelle, the attitude, etc.  She was given an opportunity other TCC's don't get, and took that for granted, yet Kelli failed to address that as well.

4 minutes ago, KatieC said:

When you watch episodes back to back you really get a sense of her dislike for Dayton and it is hard to understand why.

Yes!!!  Last year, I didn't watch eps right away, but then I watched the first few back to back and was just amazed at the snide comments and attitude towards Dayton. 

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 8

I think Kelli expected more from Dayton. Actually, I did also. For someone who has danced her entire life and had built in coaching at home....she was a huge disappointment as TCC. Continual frustration becomes irritation. I'm thinking Kelli might try to manage how she handles that a little better. 

• Love 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

For someone who has danced her entire life and had built in coaching at home....she was a huge disappointment as TCC.

I think (think) Shellie might have alluded to the fact that she absolutely did not coach Dayton at home and it was up to her, including learning the field entrance.  Maybe I just thought that?

But even I think Kelli was rather abrupt with Dayton (or it was edited to make us believe that).

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 6