Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S06.E08: Week 4, Part 2

Recommended Posts

Quote

The Blake drama montage was hilarious!

Refresh, you mean the "poor Blake" montage with the plaintive piano playing in the background? That was a nice touch, wasn't it? :-)

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I don't remember this Angela person who is Clay's ex and Bride Krystal's friend. Which season was she on?

Nicks? So she sashayed down the aisle like it was her wedding but she looked wonderful . I think it was super tacky to boot people out - if they wanted them at the wedding, they should have been allowed to stay for the reception- i did feel bad for those who were separated from their date, i always thought those going to a reception were allowed to bring a date. Tacky tacky!! So Connor is so cute but the vocal fry is unbearable- i wish he would get speech therapy because otherwise he is adorable and sweet 🙂

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I like JPJ. Granted, I haven’t watched this episode yet. After reading the posts, I’m wondering if my opinion will change. 

Come back after you do! 🤣😜

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I'm betting Carly is LIVID about getting her cheap-ass beach "wedding" with wooden benches in the sand, her janky fishtail hair braid extension and the other castaways in their bathing suits. And Evan of course.  She got seriously ripped off compared to this one.   Heeheehee!

I fell asleep right after they separated the group into the real guests and the unclean.  Doesn't sound like I missed much except even more bad behavior, vicious gossip and drunkenness.    Good times.   

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

JPJ showed his true self last night, and it wasn't pretty.  He's one of those guys who perfected a persona that worked with all the co-eds in college.  He acts all goofy, like Shaggy in Scooby Doo, and the girls all think he's quirky and cool.  Now he's an adult, in the real world, and women who are 26 or 28 see him for what he really is -- a little boy.  Its time he grows up and gets rid of the phony "John Paul Jones" mask. 

Heck, even half-a-twin Haley and Demi called him out on his silly antics!

JPJ can't deal with the fact that a woman he "wants" brushed him off for a more-mature man, so he decides to act out as if Derek had beaten up his Mom or something. 

I thought it was telling that JPJ had worked himself all in a lather over the fact that Derek had done all these terrible things to people, and only JPJ was brave enough to stand up to him, and Derek was obviously completely clueless as to what JPJ was even talking about.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Not a big fan of Demi but her impressions of Connor and Kristina were so funny and spot on!

I was just coming in here to say that. She's not my favorite, but her snarky commentary is hysterical.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Way to go JPJ! demand a conversation and answers from someone you bully into a one way confrontation, while loudly talking over them every time they try to get a word in edgewise. Then, if they do manage to get a couple of full syllables into the "exchange" verbally, say your not going to deal with his bull and don't want to continue the conversation. He'd be an awful person to be in a relationship with if that's the way he deals with differences of his opinion! 

 If I remember correctly, it was Tayshia, who in a round about way told JPJ to date others while there, and then promptly skipped, or actually ran to talk with Derek. 
I think JPJ is being delusional and in denial about who was the one who sent the other packing, in a clear, but as gentle as she could be, fashion. 

 John Paul really showed a flaming red flag as far as I'm concerned. I would never put up with a one-way shout down from friend or romantic interest. I'd avoid them like the plague, and get a restraining order if needed if they kept coming back for more one-way bullying confrontation. 

His pretense of using false chivalry to appear to be heroic in the name of protecting the damsel of his desires, by bringing up Derek's podcast, was the only pile of bull I saw. Derek's pod cast, which from what I understand never mentioned the BIP family, but only horny fans, was the only non flammable fuel he had.

To do this at Chris and Crystals wedding was the epitomy of social rudeness and is probably what got a bunch of them sent out of the festivities without just kicking JPJ out, alone.

Plus that goose is one lucky man to land such a gorgeous woman as Crystal. He kinda looks like a goose who landed the swan.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure this has come up before, but apologies, since I don't normally watch this show.  But why does John Paul Jones get the "full name" treatment by the show and the other contestants.  Is it because that's how he wants to be known because he has the same name as a semi-famous figure in history ("I have not yet begun to fight").  Why does the show allow it and give him the special treatment in the graphics, etc.?  When there are multiple people with the same first name they never get their last names on the screen, just initials.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Plus that goose is one lucky man to land such a gorgeous woman as Crystal. He kinda looks like a goose who landed the swan.

Um, did you watch Arie's season and fully experience Krystal?  Yes, she looked very pretty. 

Her looks will eventually fade, and he will be left with....that.  But I don't give them more than 18 months anyway.  

2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I'm sure this has come up before, but apologies, since I don't normally watch this show.  But why does John Paul Jones get the "full name" treatment by the show and the other contestants.  Is it because that's how he wants to be known because he has the same name as a semi-famous figure in history ("I have not yet begun to fight").  Why does the show allow it and give him the special treatment in the graphics, etc.?  When there are multiple people with the same first name they never get their last names on the screen, just initials.

Because he's the designated clown for this season.  They always get goofy titles & special graphics.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, nutty1 said:

For a second I thought that was Jed with the guitar!!

& then he started singing & sounded good, so you knew it definitely wasn't! 😂😂

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Way to go JPJ! demand a conversation and answers from someone you bully into a one way confrontation, while loudly talking over them every time they try to get a word in edgewise. Then, if they do manage to get a couple of full syllables into the "exchange" verbally, say your not going to deal with his bull and don't want to continue the conversation. He'd be an awful person to be in a relationship with if that's the way he deals with differences of his opinion!  

Yes!!!  He really would be impossible to deal with in a relationship if this is his idea of how to have an argument with someone.  Very immature...….matches his little boy looks.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Random thoughts:

The shot of the interior of the girls room with all the clothes strewn about, makeup products clutter, and suitcases all over made me itch.  I couldn't handle that mess for a day let alone weeks.   

So Angela has a "revenge body" now?  I looked at her Instagram and girl did not lose 10lbs because she didn't have 10lbs to lose!  She looked great with Clay and she looks great now.  That conversation was so petty.

I love how defeated the cast-offs looked when they got back to the bar.  You know they all were hoping for a night in AC and interaction with other humans.  Well played producers.  Well played. 

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, bosawks said:

I feel like hurling around the name Derek like an epithet now.

And is anyone else getting a Glenn Close vibe from JPJ?

”I won’t be ignored, Dan Derek!”

The venomous way JPJ kept spitting out Derek's name made me think of Pete in Mad Men:  "not great, BOB."

I was actually pretty impressed with how Derek kept his composure and tried (futilely) to reason with him.  Tayshia was crying as if they were coming to blows.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I wish JPJ could read his lines better.

He certainly remembered "DEREK".

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Um, did you watch Arie's season and fully experience Krystal?  Yes, she looked very pretty. 

Her looks will eventually fade, and he will be left with....that.  But I don't give them more than 18 months anyway.  

Yes I did see that season, but can't remember Crystal that clearly in regards to how great she looked on any given day. She sure can look gorgeous when she puts the effort into it tho!

Share this post


Link to post

This episode actually raised some interesting topics for me!

- Dean came for a break from #VANLIFE & to rehab his image & still ended up doing some fucked up shit. Good, she let him go. He said it wouldn't be what she wanted & she should've left him alone. He never should've been there to begin with. I was relieved he left, but now the saga continues.. SERIOUSLY?! OH BROTHER! So OVER IT!

- JPJ's lame laugh cry was so stupid. NO woman wants a man crying over a situation. WEAK SAUCE! Then he confronts Derek @ the wedding?? TACKY AS HELL!! That's inexcusable & classless. Appropriate time & place anyone?

- I don't understand the making out with strangers thing. That's just a physical relationship. If that's what they're going with, there's no emotional bs. Connor is the shiny new toy. They're #SALIVAMATES. Cool. Dean returns & I hope she thanks him for giving her the opportunity to meet her next salivamate. 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

The venomous way JPJ kept spitting out Derek's name made me think of Pete in Mad Men:  "not great, BOB."

I was actually pretty impressed with how Derek kept his composure and tried (futilely) to reason with him.  Tayshia was crying as if they were coming to blows.

Yes, Derek played it really cool. Kudos to him for that, and not being sucked into that childish charade while at someone's WEDDING!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I'm sure this has come up before, but apologies, since I don't normally watch this show.  But why does John Paul Jones get the "full name" treatment by the show and the other contestants.  Is it because that's how he wants to be known because he has the same name as a semi-famous figure in history ("I have not yet begun to fight").  Why does the show allow it and give him the special treatment in the graphics, etc.?  When there are multiple people with the same first name they never get their last names on the screen, just initials.

It’s his shtick. When he waltzed out of the limo on Hannah’s season, he introduced himself by infamously saying, “My name is John Paul Jones. My friends call me John Paul Jones. My family calls me John Paul Jones. And you shall call me John Paul Jones.” Everyone actually always said “John Paul Jones” in full when referring to him the entire season. On Paradise, they all call him JPJ now instead. Though, I nearly fell out of my chair when introducing himself to the mothers of the bride and groom last night he said, “I’m John Jones.” No “Paul”?!?

They do that a lot on this show, though. The groom, Chris, oddly liked to call himself “Goose”—especially when he was acting drunk and crazy, as if this were his alter ego. So last summer they wrote “Goose” as his name on screen. Sometimes they switched it up depending on how he was acting. “Goose” liked to wear a bandana Karate Kid style, so I remember one time he was talking and putting a bandana on, so they switched his name on screen from Chris to Goose. This is all part of the “fun” of the show.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

The venomous way JPJ kept spitting out Derek's name made me think of Pete in Mad Men:  "not great, BOB."

Seinfeld reference for me: “Hello........ DEREK.”

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

We are witnessing the moment when BiP has either jumped the shark or has been elevated to high art. 

...When BN alums at a wedding of BN alums refer to antics at Stagecoach-- and comment that if Blake had really wanted Caitlin he would have pulled her at Stagecoach. 

...When cast members argue about their podcasts and say, literally, "Enjoy the other fruits of the fact that we do some cool things after this."  ( I loved that the camera people filmed this confrontation from Derek's worst angle.)

...When editors provide subtitles to catalogue every instance of the word "like" (for a sentence that was perfectly audible).  When the show uses Demi to make fun of other people's vocal fry.  This show.  Wow.

I am going to forgive that they allowed Demi to bring Kristian.  I am going to forgive that they made Derek give his stamp of approval on that relationship (reminded me of the FRIENDS episode where Ross' ex-wife Carol wanted Ross to walk her down the aisle to "give her away" to her new wife).

JPJ for Bachelor.  Derek, hah.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Okay I made peace with the theater that surrounds Demi & Kristian.  If they're just giving roses back and forth to each other until the engagements, they aren't really on BiP (except when we have the Snarking With Demi segment).  They are just a couple vacationing with their friends in the same place.  Whatevs.  Good luck to them.

That said, they are still in the show more than Hannah G and Dylan.  For all the energy we spent on that early on, they are like an Elf on the Shelf now.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Okay I made peace with the theater that surrounds Demi & Kristian.  If they're just giving roses back and forth to each other until the engagements, they aren't really on BiP (except when we have the Snarking With Demi segment).  They are just a couple vacationing with their friends in the same place.  Whatevs.  Good luck to them.

That said, they are still in the show more than Hannah G and Dylan.  For all the energy we spent on that early on, they are like an Elf on the Shelf now.

I get the feeling next season they’ll make Demi co-bartender with Wells, like they did with Yuki that one time (last year? The year before?). They just didn’t want to lose Demi’s snark value. What they should have done was bring Kristian in for a big “I choose you” moment. Then send Kristian home so Demi could stay behind and muddle cucumbers and give snarky “advice” and make observations with Wells.

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I get the feeling next season they’ll make Demi co-bartender with Wells, like they did with Yuki that one time (last year? The year before?). They just didn’t want to lose Demi’s snark value. What they should have done was bring Kristian in for a big “I choose you” moment. Then send Kristian home so Demi could stay behind and muddle cucumbers and give snarky “advice” and make observations with Wells.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. ABC seems like they want to keep Demi on our TVs as much as possible -- which honestly I'm okay with for now, but I get that she can be a lot.

Wells might decide to bounce soon too. Once he and Sarah get married, he'll have access to all that Modern Family money and can be a professionally Kept Man. (*insert envy face*) So Demi can be a more Tough Love Bartender.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LBS said:

So Angela has a "revenge body" now?  I looked at her Instagram and girl did not lose 10lbs because she didn't have 10lbs to lose!  She looked great with Clay and she looks great now.  That conversation was so petty.

I agree!  That conversation was so ridiculous, especially Ashley I exclaiming, "she lost sooooo much weight!"  Like she was overweight to begin with.  These people.  

  • Like 14
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

So let me get this straight: Derek and Wells are hanging out at the bar, minding their own business, then JPJ shows up for the express purpose of telling Derek he's not interested in speaking with him. SO WHY GO UP TO THE BAR IN THE FIRST PLACE? This is something a grade-schooler would do.

Caelynn: When someone specifically tells you they're a rambling man uninterested in anything more serious than a weekend hookup, BELIEVE THEM. They're not telling you that for kicks, and you are unlikely to be the one to convince them to settle down and take you seriously.

I would be seriously interested in watching BiP with Demi just mocking everyone's conversations as they appear on screen. Maybe they could get her and Chad Johnson to trade off weeks or something.

15 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Ben Higgins will show up for the opening of an envelope for the Bachelor franchise

Ben will be hosting The Bachelor Live On Stage when it goes on tour next February. You can expect to see him attending every franchise shindig for the foreseeable future (not to mention CH specifically mentioning him as a candidate to be The Bachelor again at some point in the future).

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

This episode actually raised some interesting topics for me!

- Dean came for a break from #VANLIFE & to rehab his image & still eended up doing some fucked up shit. Good, she let.him go. He said it wouldn't be what she wanted & she should've left him alone. He never should've been there to begin with. I was relieved he left, but now the saga continues.. SERIOUSLY?! OH BROTHER! So OVER IT!

Am I the only one who thinks Caelynns interest in Dean was JUST for the show?  Caelynn doesn’t even remotely strike me as a gal who wants to drive around for a few years, sleep in a van, take odd jobs when you need some money and shower in other people’s homes - or the ocean for God’s sake, when you don’t have a local friend?  

Ridiculous.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So, with JPJ’s DEREK rambles, did I understand that his issue was that Derek used his instagram followers/podcast subscribers as a pool of potential sex partners and had offered to share the erm...wealth with JPJ? And while that’s totally gross and I hope Derek sits on a wet public toilet seat in the near future, that was a convenient time for JPJ to be all angry about it.

Also, JPJ was laughing, not crying in the beginning, right? That was laughing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I watched the wedding,the bride looked pretty,goose looked happy,the usual. It was a very nice hotel, a far cry from *cough* paradise, where they cram them in 4/5 to a room, in bunk beds.

So what's with the double beds we are seeing Clay/Nicole etc. waking up in each morning?  I thought the 'overnight' dates on the final night were the only time they actually got to spend the night together?

1 hour ago, LBS said:

Random thoughts:

The shot of the interior of the girls room with all the clothes strewn about, makeup products clutter, and suitcases all over made me itch.  I couldn't handle that mess for a day let alone weeks.   

...

I love how defeated the cast-offs looked when they got back to the bar.  You know they all were hoping for a night in AC and interaction with other humans.  Well played producers.  Well played. 

Yes, agree about the messy bedroom!  And how awful was it that only 8 BIPs were allowed to stay at the wedding, and the rest didn't meet the cut... how rude!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, LisainCali said:

Am I the only one who thinks Caelynns interest in Dean was JUST for the show?  Caelynn doesn’t even remotely strike me as a gal who wants to drive around for a few years, sleep in a van, take odd jobs when you need some money and shower in other people’s homes - or the ocean for God’s sake, when you don’t have a local friend?  

Ridiculous.  

Nah. She was caught up in lust & got attached, which was too far for Dean. She didn't want his life, she was hoping he'd change his mind, his ways for her. She ignored the glaring reality & he couldn't fake it anymore, so he pulled the plug. 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Yes I did see that season, but can't remember Crystal that clearly in regards to how great she looked on any given day. She sure can look gorgeous when she puts the effort into it tho!

Crystal is a little odd but I think she is LIGHT YEARS out of Goose's league.  Goose or whatever his real name is (Chris, Ben Stiller, Zoolander, LOL) has one of the TOP worst personalities I've ever seen on this franchise.  She seems happy though, so good for her and all the best.

Caila Quinn is beautiful.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Irritable said:

I know Angela’s friends thought they were being supportive when they said she “lost a TON of weight”, like “OMG SO MUCH WEIGHT!” but ... damn.  It’s not like she was a hippo last year and now she’s a gazelle. 

HA HA HA: I totally had the same thought. Also wondered if they were throwing not-so-subtle bitchy shade at her.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, adhoc said:

Refresh, you mean the "poor Blake" montage with the plaintive piano playing in the background? That was a nice touch, wasn't it? 🙂

I loved when he said something didn't need to be so dramatic...with a dramatic eyeroll. He's such a tool.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, adhoc said:

Refresh, you mean the "poor Blake" montage with the plaintive piano playing in the background? That was a nice touch, wasn't it? 🙂

All I was thinking was "Tears of a Clown." 😂😂 That must be the name of the music playing!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Just Carol said:

...When cast members argue about their podcasts and say, literally, "Enjoy the other fruits of the fact that we do some cool things after this."  ( I loved that the camera people filmed this confrontation from Derek's worst angle.)

Hee!  Thank you for pulling that out.  Some things have to be seen in print to be fully appreciated.

1 hour ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I agree!  That conversation was so ridiculous, especially Ashley I exclaiming, "she lost sooooo much weight!"  Like she was overweight to begin with.  These people.  

I hadn't caught that it was Ashley I making that catty comment, and yet when I had tried to think of a single one of the Bachelor Nation women that could ever have been described as fat, the only thing I could come up with was the memory of a rare bikini shot of Ashley I from the time when she peed in the ocean.  Her legs looked a little thick.

1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Caelynn: When someone specifically tells you they're a rambling man uninterested in anything more serious than a weekend hookup, BELIEVE THEM. They're not telling you that for kicks, and you are unlikely to be the one to convince them to settle down and take you seriously.

Caelynn even said that classic girl-in-denial line, "He's afraid to be a happy."  My husband once had a blind date with a woman he swears looked just like Frankenstein.  When he didn't call her she kept calling him telling him he was afraid of commitment.

8 minutes ago, Lindz said:

All I was thinking was "Tears of a Clown." 😂😂 That must be the name of the music playing!

That does it, I'm going to have to go watch the whole thing again.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I've always thought,Ashley I is bonkers, and I cannot believe I ever thought the guy she married, was good looking( shudder)

Yes - I remember that she thought he looked like Aladdin in the Disney movie, and she envisioned herself as Jasmine.  It had a very weird, 10 year old girl fantasy vibe to it.  I'm surprised they didn't end up having a Disney wedding, in costumes. 

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

So, with JPJ’s DEREK rambles, did I understand that his issue was that Derek used his instagram followers/podcast subscribers as a pool of potential sex partners and had offered to share the erm...wealth with JPJ? And while that’s totally gross and I hope Derek sits on a wet public toilet seat in the near future, that was a convenient time for JPJ to be all angry about it.

I think Derek talked to him about his podcast, thought JPJ would be an interesting guest, and mentioned that he had met/hooked up with "fans".  And JPJ gave the whole thing a different spin.

  I don't get the objection to the podcast, and even meeting or dating people who contact you through it - it's not so much different than an online dating site, except that Derek had a little bit of "fame" attached to him.  JPJ took it to the level that Derek was a guy who used women, and was therefore not good enough for Tayshia.  Which was laughable, as JPJ had two dates and heavy makeout sessions even though he claims to be "in love"  with Tayshia - how was he not using women himself?  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LisainCali said:

Am I the only one who thinks Caelynns interest in Dean was JUST for the show?  Caelynn doesn’t even remotely strike me as a gal who wants to drive around for a few years, sleep in a van, take odd jobs when you need some money and shower in other people’s homes - or the ocean for God’s sake, when you don’t have a local friend?  

Ridiculous.  

Of course she doesn't want to do that.  But she thinks she can CHANGE him to not want that either.  We all know women exactly like that.  And the dude never changes, at least not permanently.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

56 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I hadn't caught that it was Ashley I making that catty comment, and yet when I had tried to think of a single one of the Bachelor Nation women that could ever have been described as fat, the only thing I could come up with was the memory of a rare bikini shot of Ashley I from the time when she peed in the ocean.  Her legs looked a little thick.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think Ashley I has cankles.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I hadn't caught that it was Ashley I making that catty comment, and yet when I had tried to think of a single one of the Bachelor Nation women that could ever have been described as fat, the only thing I could come up with was the memory of a rare bikini shot of Ashley I from the time when she peed in the ocean.  Her legs looked a little thick.

Cue to my cattiness.  I think after the first baby, Ashley I is going to puff up to be Ashley III.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

They're #SALIVAMATES.

Totally. It's basically any time you're within mouth contact range of someone you're interested in you just go for it. Even if you feel NO connection to the person you are obliged to go through a full on makeout kiss, like it's in their contracts. See: Wills and Hannah G.

17 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Cue to my cattiness.  I think after the first baby, Ashley I is going to puff up to be Ashley III.  

Hah. She might not be fat now but I can see her pushing maximum density.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

JPJ really needs to simmer the fuck down. Turns out he really DOES have a personality underneath his stomachaches and cartwheels...and its a really crappy one. He is trying so hard to seem chivalrous and like he is defending women against evil Derek because...Derek has  a podcast I guess, and it just comes off as so fake. He knows that his JPJ schidk is getting tired, especially as he gets older, and that he needs a new edit if he wants to stay relevant in Bachelor Nation, so now he is trying for a self riotous knight in flip flops, even if it makes no sense. So Derek has a podcast, who freaking cares? Half the reason that people go on to these shows is to try and create some kind of brand for themselves on social media or something, and I am sure that he isn't the only contestant with a podcast, and at least podcasting takes a bit more work than selling crap on Instagram like most everyone in this franchise. Dont hate the player, hate the game! And maybe he did say that one of the perks of BN was hooking up with girls, and that is pretty sleazy, but I highly doubt he stood their cackling about how he uses his minuscule celebrity to take advantage of women like the bad guy in a lifetime movie. He just came across as mean, belligerent, and kind of nonsensical in his ramblings, like he was just making up reasons to pick a fight with Derek. And Tayshia is a grown ass woman who told him to go on dates with people, and is clearly moving on from him, she is hardly being brainwashed away from JPJ by Derek. I hate when guys just assume that the only reason a woman is into a guy who isn't him is that the woman is an idiot being  manipulated and needs rescuing. She is a grown women who is choosing to start dating a guy, and unless he happens to be a serial killer or date rapist, thats not his business!

And at a wedding of all things?! This is someone elses special day, and its rude as fuck to bring random drama into it that has nothing to do with them!

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I watched it again and all I could think about was that my girl Sydney finally got some face time at the wedding and she was wearing the ugliest brown dotted dress that looks like something off the $3 sale rack at Walmart (and I should know because I have such a thing) and I'm so upset with her!  Doesn't she know she should wear jewel tones?  Why didn't she call me?

I did catch that JPJ referred to Bachelor Nation people as "public figures."  Hahahahha! 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Also, while Crystal looked lovely, I see she still has that sweaty/greasy face just like she had on the Bachelor.  You'd think that someone would have blotted it for her before the ceremony.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Hee!  Thank you for pulling that out.  Some things have to be seen in print to be fully appreciated.

I hadn't caught that it was Ashley I making that catty comment, and yet when I had tried to think of a single one of the Bachelor Nation women that could ever have been described as fat, the only thing I could come up with was the memory of a rare bikini shot of Ashley I from the time when she peed in the ocean.  Her legs looked a little thick.

Caelynn even said that classic girl-in-denial line, "He's afraid to be a happy."  My husband once had a blind date with a woman he swears looked just like Frankenstein.  When he didn't call her she kept calling him telling him he was afraid of commitment.

That does it, I'm going to have to go watch the whole thing again.

Lol! A date who looked like Frankenstein. 

Thats all I got, really. Dating really sucks. If these gorgeous girls are having problems finding a decent, attractive guy, all I can hope for is a date who looks like Frankenstein.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite moment of this week's episodes was the change in descriptor for Chris to "Bachelor Series Regular" from the previous one listing all of his appearances.  Loved it!

I really enjoyed the wedding and, like others, wonder why Crystal and Chris were rewarded with the amazing wedding and reception rather than one on the beach.  I think this may be my favorite of the Bachelor Nation weddings.  I wish them well.  They are both a bit quirky, but I think they both are truly nice people and deserve their happiness.

Actually, I think Demi's push for Caelynn to demand answers from Dean was the catalyst for Dean leaving.  Why anyone would take advice from Demi is beyond me.  They may think she is a Bachelor icon now that she has proved that she can bring a previous relationship to the show and then STAY on the show and be revered for having an already established relationship.  She may have achieved the golden ticket of Bachelor-just do what you want and still be on the show.  It seems that when one person in a new relationship starts demanding or dictating that it cuts short any of the potential of that relationship.  Same thing when Tayisha told Nicole to demand answers from Clay about Angela.  Bachelor Nation is such a closed world that they are all truly all over each other's lives and relationships.

Prior to this episode I was thinking JPJ as the Bachelor might be entertaining.  Now?  Not so much.  And, even though ABC paid for Crystal and Chris' wedding, it was still bad form to put a damper on the celebration.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size