Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Week 4, Part 2

• Start Topic

Just now, DEL901 said:

I think the invitees were the people they knew from before.   

But Dylan (and I think Mike was invited) were just booted off the most recent season, so that can’t be so. But Connor is there, too, so this doesn’t make sense. I guess if Caelynn can sink her claws* into Connor, he’ll be invited to stay...though he’ll be sorely disappointed leaving this swanky place for the palapas.

*She sunk her claws into him.

• Love 2

Lucky crystal and Chris that they get the nicest wedding paradise ever had to offer . I can be misremembering , but weren’t the other paradise weddings a 10 second thing on the beach ? No ones ever had it this nice . 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

To report back to her bestie Nicole.

Oh, ok.  Yet another reason I don't like Tayshia.  "Bestie" my ass.  She doesn't give a rat's ass about Nicole, she's just nosy.

• Love 7

1. Any time a Paradise participant whinges about how so-and-so is manipulative, you can bet that the whinger is DEMI. Because, irony.

2. I had a guy break up with me because he lost his long-time job and suddenly his whole world was shaken.  A year or two later, he tentatively reached out to me again, but I had moved on.  Point being, it does happen. Not saying that Clay's NFL career possibly being over was necessarily the catalyst for the Clay/Angela break-up, but I could see it being a factor.

3. Caelynn: Proof of why age 24 is the magic number on this show.

• Love 5

Ok. Now it all makes sense why they had “random” people at the wedding AND invited “random” people from Paradise to the reception. They stage[coach]ed it to see who might have some sparks (both the Right Reasons and the Wrong Reasons kind) to decide who to have come down those steps next.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

JPJ is acting like a huge weirdo doofus, but I'm willing to bet that Derek did make some comment about coming onto the podcast because the ladies love it and you can have your pick of the groupies or something along those lines.  I don't think JPJ is making that up.. I just think Derek assumed he was just "one of the guys" when he said that and never thought JPJ would have a meltdown over it and out the conversation.  I'm sure these dorks have lots of conversations off camera about how to milk and exploit their "notoriety".  

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

Tayshia is getting Nicole all riled up! She pulls this kind of drama a lot—talking to people and psyching them out with scenarios she makes up in her mind. She might not be that great of a catch after all, John Paul Jones.

• Love 13

Wasn't Tayshia married before?  She's coming off like the scorned ex-wife projecting all of her failed relationships onto everyone else.  I'm on my second marriage so I'm allowed to say that 🙂

Edited by GracieK
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Is next week the last 2 episodes?

The show is on for six weeks and this is only week four.   And I read they are filming the After the Final Rose episode today.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

She might not be that great of a catch after all, John Paul Jones.

(Getting irrationally heated for no reason)  Yeah John Paul Jones!  I'm right here!  

giphy.gif

Guys, I hate Kristina.  More than all of them.  I can tolerate any and all of them - Demi, Caelynn, whatever. But I can't stand Kristina.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Not a big fan of Demi but her impressions of Connor and Kristina were so funny and spot on!

Sadly her impressions were probably way more interesting than the actual conversations.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

This season of BIP is the worst I've seen.  Most of it is just petty gossiping, sniping, and Demi providing silly commentary, like she's the show's self-appointed narrator.  Thank god for Chris/Krystal's wedding. Otherwise, there'd be precious little romance to be found this summer in Paradise.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

(Getting irrationally heated for no reason)  Yeah John Paul Jones!  I'm right here!  

giphy.gif

Guys, I hate Kristina.  More than all of them.  I can tolerate any and all of them - Demi, Caelynn, whatever. But I can't stand Kristina.

Agreed . She comes off way too thirsty and it takes her attractiveness away . She needs to step away from bachelor world and go on match .com where she’d be messaged every 5 seconds .

• Love 7

I can't with how dramatic all of these people are. They throw the word love around so loosely and cry over everything. They're young, but they are ALL "grown ass" men and women. Most teens show more maturity. Grow up and stop having meltdowns over people you've known for weeks. I'd hate to see what they'd do if a spouse left them or a longterm boyfriend or girlfriend truly blindsided them. 

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Angela has the nicest hair in all of bachelor land . 

Nope, that would be Caila Quinn.

706DC84B-966D-4A59-B63D-D6FB6E14B25D.jpeg

Why is Dylan wearing a white undershirt to a wedding?

Edited by TomGirl
  • Love 12

Good lord, JPJ, you need to sit down and close that mouth.  I’ve always felt like his face often looks like it’s eating itself, and tonight I was hoping he would just go ahead and swallow his own head so he would stop talking.

JPJ makes me think of the kids you remember from grade school because they had some awkward or humiliating event in front of the whole class, and everyone laughs and says WHAT A DORK! or whatever because they are so glad it was That Kid instead of them. I’m talking about That Kid who vomited in the middle of the cafeteria during lunch, That Kid who stood up to read his report aloud and ripped a huge fart, That Kid who blew a snot bubble during recess, That Kid who tries to be the class clown but he’s not actually funny so he ends up just doing things the other kids dare him to do, like eat glue.

I feel like JPJ has probably done ALL of those things, and never had much interest from girls, but then he realized he could grow hair and muscles, so he concentrated on those and hoped he could use them to snag the ladies, but he’s still That Kid in a man’s body. Did he and Tazjuan swim in the River of Emotional Instability on their date? Because they both gave off the same kind of unhinged hysteria.

I don’t doubt that Derek said in a semi-private conversation with JPJ and possibly some of the other guys that he has hooked up with fans.  I don’t doubt that he commented about that being one of the perks of being part of Bachelor Nation. But JPJ said Derek stated that he uses his fame to manipulate and take advantage of women, and I seriously doubt that’s what he said.  I hope JPJ has been watching the show unfold and now feels like the idiot that he is after seeing that Tayshia pursued Derek, and she couldn’t get JPJ out of the way fast enough to get going on that pursuit. 

I am so unhappy to hear Conner’s vocal fry again.  I had forgotten that on top of it, he also says, “like” a lot.  He’s got this little boy head on a super tall body that comes across like he’s still in that awkward stage of puberty when boys look like they are made up of a bunch of randomly put together gangly parts. 

I know Angela’s friends thought they were being supportive when they said she “lost a TON of weight”, like “OMG SO MUCH WEIGHT!” but ... damn.  It’s not like she was a hippo last year and now she’s a gazelle. 

I guess they invited Kristian to stay so that Demi could continue comically narrating Paradise for us. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, GracieK said:

Hannah G looks like she’d rather be de-worming orphans in Somalia than be at this wedding next to Dylan. 

Haha. Hannah raises her hand: Um, was that an option? Is it still an option? 

She is going to break his heart after this show is over.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Most of these women need therapy and some serious work on their self-esteem.  They all looked so gorgeous at the wedding away from the heat and humidity of the beach, but there they were throwing themselves at guys who weren't even in their league. Beautiful  Angela was dumped by Clay?  Breath taking Krystal can't do any better than the Goose?  Caelynn, Miss North Carolina, is throwing herself at frat boy Connor? He has "such presence,"  are you kidding me?  He's just tall, that's all.

Yes.  On an emotional level,  it's like the women are college girls and they're hanging around with dorky high school guys. 

• Love 9

I like JPJ. Granted, I haven’t watched this episode yet. After reading the posts, I’m wondering if my opinion will change. I always just figured that he was being edited as the dumb, awkward, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure guy. Like the producers tell him to do weird things and/or catch him during times of boredom, like the cartwheeling on the beach moment. They aren’t showing much of his smart side because they created a character around his accent, etc. I don’t know though. He may be playing up his surfer dude persona at the producers’ request.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I like JPJ. Granted, I haven’t watched this episode yet. After reading the posts, I’m wondering if my opinion will change. I always just figured that he was being edited as the dumb, awkward, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure guy. Like the producers tell him to do weird things and/or catch him during times of boredom, like the cartwheeling on the beach moment. They aren’t showing much of his smart side because they created a character around his accent, etc. I don’t know though. He may be playing up his surfer dude persona at the producers’ request.

JPJ went on two dates after tayshia, made out with both women, giggled and laughed like an idiot, had his hands all over them.  Now he claims he has been pursuing Tayshia "for weeks" and that Derek has swooped in tried to steal her.  And his proof somehow is that Derek has hooked up with women before coming to Paradise. 

• Love 19

JPJ was leaning heavy into the "If you can't fake cry just pretend you're laughing" acting class 101 advice. He was having a hysterical fit and it was cracking me up too. At least he wasn't puking.

I did feel sorry for Blake though that was one of those "when can I get out of this with a 'okay man you hang in there!'??" situations.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Connor still looks like he's 12 years old.  I can't take him seriously as a romantic lead

I don't understand sometimes it seems like the more average to doofy looking a guy is the hotter the commodity he becomes in Bachelor Nation. This Connor guy gives Blake a run for his money and they both have multiple women throwing themselves at them. I'm so confused.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

JPJ went on two dates after tayshia, made out with both women, giggled and laughed like an idiot, had his hands all over them.  Now he claims he has been pursuing Tayshia "for weeks" and that Derek has swooped in tried to steal her.  And his proof somehow is that Derek has hooked up with women before coming to Paradise. 

Since I can’t watch the episode yet, I’ll ask you. Do you think JPJ’s emotions are at all valid considering Tayshia told him to go on other dates? I mean, he did act kind of douchbaggish since he hardcore made out on both dates but Tayshia mugged him off when she told him to date others and I think she did that because Derek was suddenly single. I don’t think that was Derek’s fault at all. But where does JPJ get all these claims about Derek and other women? And also who gives a shit and how does that apply to Tayshia? They’ve probably all hooked up with each other before the show. So the fuck what. 

• Love 8

IMO, JPJ is trying VERY hard to maintain his 15 minutes. Such a phony...and nothing to back up his claims. Plus he's so clueless, it's pathetic. Tayshia practically gave him the brush off by telling him to date other women. He seriously needs to grow up and stop blaming others for his miserable existence.

• Love 17