Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Week 9: Hometown Dates

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, waving feather said:

I know Jed's family was being cold to Hannah but I felt like they were doing it for her benefit. It's almost like they were warning her to stay away because he's not at a place in his life where he can effort or be ready to settle down. The mother basically told Hannah if she picks him, she better be prepared to support him financially because he is unemployed. I bet Jed is still receiving allowance from his parents. So they are telling Hannah Jed will not be up to her expectation as a husband. They can't out right say their son or brother is a jobless loser chasing his dream. Lol. But Hannah didn't catch the red flags they were purposely waving in her face.

There's a way to communicate tough information with a smile and some warmth to the person who is a guest in your home.  Jed's family aren't the first skeptics but they sure piled it on with the creepy toast about truth and the grim reaper faces on the couch.  

Jed’s sister speaks out about her portrayal on the show:

Oh, boo hoo. They use what you give them.  The producers couldn't create that edit from Peter's, Luke's or Tyler's hometowns.  I was a big fan of Jed's from night one. Thought he was the best pick but his whining about Luke and his family with the misplaced blame turned me off. Now rooting against him. 

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I liked Luke better than Jed (still want to call him Wes!) at the end, too. Wes was all huffy because it was between him and scumbag Luke, while Luke was just standing there quietly with a little smile on his face, waiting for Hannah.

Despite his villain status, I can't turn against Luke. There's something about him that I enjoy. 

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I thought Lauren Zima, who does the Roses & Rose recap show summed it up best. She said that Luke is the type of person who thrives in HIS environment, when he's around the people he's comfortable with and who share the same ideas and ideals as him. 

However, when you put him in an unfamiliar environment, like The Bachelorette, where he's forced to have to interact and get along with people who are very different than him in thoughts, opinions, personality, etc. he can't function and the nutjob comes out. 

I think this is a wise assessment of him. I also think he was ridiculously naive/egotistical in the beginning of the show, was operating under some "Hannah is my God-given destiny" mindset, and the producers pumped that up with the guys. But having a physically aggressive streak didn't help his case and by then there was no redeeming his edit. 

You can't hand Fleiss that kind of material and get away with it. Nevertheless, I'm glad he's still here, in his earnest, determined, "I look into Hannah's eyes and see my wife" way. No one else really seems ride or die for her. Plus, he would not forget to tell Hannah he had a girlfriend before he left for the show.

• Love 6
(edited)

I usually find hometowns to be the least interesting week of the show. It's all so formulaic (even moreso than the rest of the season) and most of the conversations go exactly the same.

A few things though: They must have rented out that house for Tyler's family, right? He took Hannah to his old house on the water and said they lost it due to the recession. The new house his family was in looked MUCH flashier than the old one which seems a bit odd if they had to give up the old one for financial reasons. 

I really loved that Tyler's dad told him he thought he might be in love, and Tyler, clearly caring not at all about his "journey" in that moment, immediately deflected the statement and focused right in on his dad's health instead. Boy's got his priorities straight. Definitely Team Tyler (for next Bachelor).

I thought it was super cringeworthy that Hannah kept cutting off the guys in front of their families as they started to speak so she could tell the stories in her own words. And I generally like Hannah. 

I was shocked Peter got a rose! I think he's the best choice for Hannah, but she's too blinded by her chemistry with the douche duo to notice. The less said about Luke's self-congratulatory prayer circle the better. I couldn't get enough of Jed's date though. The shameless self-promotion! He finds a way to work it into every episode! His family trying to drive Hannah away from their fame-whoring, cheating, jobless son! Jed calling Luke a scumbag with no sense of irony! So hilarious. I'd have watched a whole episode of that hometown.

Edited by jade.black
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I am curious what the smile of a spawn of Luke and Hannah would look like.

The combination of her "show all the teeth to the molars pageant smile" and his "empty rattlesnake smile" would just be a sight to see.

Well thanks for that! I think I’ll be having bad nightmares tonight 😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, waving feather said:

I know Jed's family was being cold to Hannah but I felt like they were doing it for her benefit. It's almost like they were warning her to stay away because he's not at a place in his life where he can effort or be ready to settle down. The mother basically told Hannah if she picks him, she better be prepared to support him financially because he is unemployed. I bet Jed is still receiving allowance from his parents. So they are telling Hannah Jed will not be up to her expectation as a husband. They can't out right say their son or brother is a jobless loser chasing his dream. Lol. But Hannah didn't catch the red flags they were purposely waving in her face.

Luke's family looked normal. And he looks normal around them. It's odd.

Peter is way out of her league. His family knows it too but they are too nice and polite to show it. Now that I think about it... none of the families look like they want Hannah as their potential daughter in law. I cringe when she went off proudly about how she coached Peter and Luke to be the men she wants them to be. All of them were looking at her like WTF.

I'm telling ya something is wrong with this girl. Something is not right in that noggin she calls a brain. I think she needs to invest in a therapist when this process is done.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, jade.black said:

A few things though: They must have rented out that house for Tyler's family, right? He took Hannah to his old house on the water and said they lost it due to the recession. The new house his family was in looked MUCH flashier than the old one which seems a bit odd if they had to give up the old one for financial reasons. 

The recession was a number of years ago.  Maybe Tyler's father rebuilt the family finances?  I think he's in construction or renovation or something?  Going through that may have helped build Tyler's character.  He sounded sad talking about the old home, but not bitter.  And he was able to step up in the business when his father got ill.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Regarding the promo that they keep replaying of Luke and Hannah during the FS dates... I would have to wait and see exactly what Luke said to her but based on the promo alone where he said he would want to leave if she has slept with the other contestants, what he said and the severity of her reaction doesn't match. I would understand getting pissed and turned off and showing him the door but she acted like he insulted her and her whole family. Truly a drama queen.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

The recession was a number of years ago.  Maybe Tyler's father rebuilt the family finances?  I think he's in construction or renovation or something?  Going through that may have helped build Tyler's character.  He sounded sad talking about the old home, but not bitter.  And he was able to step up in the business when his father got ill.

Totally forgot they work in construction. That makes it pretty plausible. I wish they would just film in everybody's real homes or be transparent about it so we didn't have to wonder. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, waving feather said:

Now that I think about it... none of the families look like they want Hannah as their potential daughter in law. I cringe when she went off proudly about how she coached Peter and Luke to be the men she wants them to be. All of them were looking at her like WTF.

Hannah has never seemed so clueless as when she was telling parents why their sons almost didn't live up to her standards.  Did she not know that parents tend to think their sons are the greatest catches in the world and it was up to her to prove herself worthy, not the other way around?

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

The pastor could so easily have mentioned privacy reasons, or the personal nature of what the church would be televising, etc, to TPTB, since TPTB has no power over Luke's church.  But neither Luke nor the church were probably against it.  Guess they forgot about what Jesus thought of the Pharisees!  

I think that's why they call it a testimony, though.  Most of those stories, including St. Paul's are of the, "I was lost but now I'm found," type. Luke and his pastor probably thought this was a great way to reach lots of other guys who might be in Luke's pre-shower place.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I’m the NC type southern and the women I’ve known, while we do smile when appropriate, more often have resting bitch face. Don’t get me wrong, we’re friendly, but then we may say, “god bless her” as someone walks away lol. I’m kidding but there’s always truth in jest, as they say. I don’t know about the Alabama women but I have visited all over the south and I think Hannah’s smiling problem has more to do with pageants than southern. She smiles when it’s not appropriate. Most southerners have more sense than that.  

Well I'm from Alabama, and I can honestly say that, while we are polite with our southern hospitality and such, we don't go around smiling like idiots all the time for no reason. If I pass you on the street, whether I know you or not, if we make eye contact, I will flash you a smile. But to sit there and hear someone talk about their father's failing health... no, ma'am! Time and place, Hannah, time and place.

4 hours ago, GracieK said:

Hannah looked extremely pleased with herself when she came back with 2 roses.. as if the guys would just be so grateful to her for getting her way and not upset at the implications. Read a room Hannah.. they were all clearly pissed - except maybe clueless Luke who never seems to pick up on what’s going on. Those two are meant for each other.

I wonder if it pissed CH off that Hannah changed the rules. If she had asked me for two roses, I would've said, "No, miss priss. You have your THREE. Choose THREE guys. Let's get this show on the road!" I was so irritated that absolutely NOTHING changed this week. Same guys! Same drama!

• Love 11

I missed Peter’s home town and just started it on Hulu. He is definitely getting a good edit for The Bachelor. But if he didn’t look like an adorable teenager, that condom situation would have gone very differently. Could you imagine if Luke had a condom in his car? Hannah would have flipped shit. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

Well I'm from Alabama, and I can honestly say that, while we are polite with our southern hospitality and such, we don't go around smiling like idiots all the time for no reason. If I pass you on the street, whether I know you or not, if we make eye contact, I will flash you a smile. But to sit there and hear someone talk about their father's failing health... no, ma'am! Time and place, Hannah, time and place.

Thank you! Exactly what I was trying to get across. Hannah’s problem isn’t a southern problem.

Gosh, she’s annoying. I couldn’t spend 5 minutes with her. Between the smiling and the vocal fry and k sounds replacing g sounds, and the like like like like like. Wow. How do they stand her? 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Hannah has never seemed so clueless as when she was telling parents why their sons almost didn't live up to her standards.  Did she not know that parents tend to think their sons are the greatest catches in the world and it was up to her to prove herself worthy, not the other way around?

Yes, she got it wrong.  Instead of acting like she was some great prize that their son had a shot at winning, she needed to talk about how great each guy was and how she was lucky to have met them.  She's meeting the families, kind of auditioning for the role of daughter-in-law.  Her tone has to be that, yes, meeting on the Bachelorette is an unusual way to find love, but damn, your son just swept me off my feet with his awesomeness. 

• Love 12

I don’t like people who automatically talk extremely loud to seniors, which is what Hannah did as soon as she met Tyler’s dad. It was like she was talking to a deaf baby. Just because he’s been sick or has gray hair doesn’t mean he’s reverted to infancy. Treat a grown man like a grown man, damn it! 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, XoxoGG said:

I think if the ette was someone like Hannah G. the guys would've been more into the lead, in my opinion. Hannah B's overdramatic personality seems exhausting.

14 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I loved Hannah G and I thought she got such a good edit that she was definitely the bachelorette. Couldn’t believe they didn’t pick her. She seems like a genuinely sweet girl and very smart. Much harder for production to manipulate, I’m sure. 

12 hours ago, PhysNerd said:

I think it's just her age...hopefully.  Normally when a woman grows up a bit, she finds the "bad boys" a turn off. Hannah, unfortunately, is nowhere near being grown up so she is attracted to men like Luke.  If I were her, I wouldn't marry until 28-29.  If she decides to marry now, I don't think it will last beyond 3 months. Guys like Peter are too straightforward and normal; she is not ready for these types of guys.  The "bad boys" that she does like will only mistreat her and drive her crazy.

What's interesting is that Luke is already showing his crazy side even though they are casually dating; they should still be in the honeymoon phase.  Things should be very easy at this stage and yet Luke has caused her nothing but grief and self-doubt.  If any man causes this much drama at the beginning of a relationship, then it will only get worse.  For some reason, Hannah did not pick up on this.  This is something that is an obvious red flag that anyone above the age of 20 should be able to figure out even if they have never had a boyfriend.  It's common sense.

For anyone suffering from cystic acne, I highly recommend spironolactone.  It was the only thing that got rid of my cystic acne and it took only 2 months. Spironolactone is a very weak blood pressure med.  It does raise your potassium levels, so be very careful about your potassium intake and it does initially cause a heavy period during the first month you take it, but everything goes back to normal after that. 

12 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I loved Hannah G., too.  She seemed very sweet, didn't get too caught up in the drama, seemed rather quiet but also thoughtful (as in thoughtful about the process.)  She seems the epitome of the "still waters run deep" type.  I would love to see a genuinely nice person who really wants to find love, which is how I remember her.

It's not too late for Hannah G. to be bachelorette!  A precedent has already been set with Nick Viall.  TPTB, take heed!

Thanks for the info about all the acne treatments guys! I won’t rule Accutane out, but it will be the last resort. I struggled with acne when I was younger, but diet and skin care alone seemed to be enough to clear my skin. It’s been a lot more work this time. My dermatologist did recommend spironolactone! I started that despite my fears taking the drug, and the breakouts on my chin are now gone. I’m so happy about this as I was most self conscious about breakouts around my mouth. I am still getting breakouts on my cheeks, but since they’re not in the center of my face, right below my lips, I already feel much more confident and don’t think all people can see is acne. (Also seems like my boobs are a bit fuller, nice little side effect there. lol) Hopefully the spiro will clear up my cheeks after I’ve been on the medication a little longer. 

And back to Bachelorette...

I agree that although Hannah is young and said she hasn’t had many boyfriends, I’d expect her to have more common sense. I was a late bloomer myself but still recognized warning signs for the most part. 

Yay for all the Hannah G love. She is so pretty it’s painful, and was also nice, mature and no drama on Colton’s season. I could totally see men instantly falling for a beautiful, sweet girl like her. 

While it’s socially more acceptable for women to cry and be open about their fears and men can appreciate both vulnerability and strength in a woman, most men would quickly tire of Hannah B’s tears, lectures, and drama. They’d feel like they’re with a woman who’s constantly PMSing. Hannah seems the type who thinks men will come running to her to make it all better when she’s crying and then admire her as a tough chick when she’s giving lectures and flipping the bird. Most men want someone laidback. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, jade.black said:

I thought it was super cringeworthy that Hannah kept cutting off the guys in front of their families as they started to speak so she could tell the stories in her own words. And I generally like Hannah. 

Totally this!! And she started out immediately with Peter’s Family. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

Regarding the promo that they keep replaying of Luke and Hannah during the FS dates... I would have to wait and see exactly what Luke said to her but based on the promo alone where he said he would want to leave if she has slept with the other contestants, what he said and the severity of her reaction doesn't match. I would understand getting pissed and turned off and showing him the door but she acted like he insulted her and her whole family. Truly a drama queen.

I thought the same thing. A normal person (not that Luke is normal, LOL) would have a right to be upset if his soon to be fiancé slept with 1 or 2 others guys. Yea, yea, I know it’s the show, but if the guy truly adored her, I could see his point. But not her severe reaction!

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, she got it wrong.  Instead of acting like she was some great prize that their son had a shot at winning, she needed to talk about how great each guy was and how she was lucky to have met them.  She's meeting the families, kind of auditioning for the role of daughter-in-law.  Her tone has to be that, yes, meeting on the Bachelorette is an unusual way to find love, but damn, your son just swept me off my feet with his awesomeness. 

Exactly. Hannah somehow found a way to talk shit about each of the guys. I don’t know if it was just her tone or her words. At Luke’s house she definitely said she doesn’t know how he made it that far. If he were my son, I would have told her to take a walk then because another woman will appreciate him. She put his family on the defensive. They had to tell her that maybe Luke wasn’t being himself because who she was describing was not the person they know. It would be frustrating for me as a parent to know that a girlfriend can’t see who my son really is, and that the relationship started with bickering. I would be heartbroken. That is a red flag on Hannah.

At all the hometowns, she seemed to want to make it appear that she’s the woman who changed their son and whipped him into shape. I don’t think any mother is wanting that kind of attitude in a DIL unless her son is on the wrong path in life. None of these men have those problems so Hannah can shut it. She’s not everyone’s savior. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I think that's why they call it a testimony, though.  Most of those stories, including St. Paul's are of the, "I was lost but now I'm found," type. Luke and his pastor probably thought this was a great way to reach lots of other guys who might be in Luke's pre-shower place.

I think that the testimony, coming from someone else, could be viewed as just his story about being saved.  But coming from Luke, along with the Luke-is-so-great comments from the minions Sunday School attendees, is what makes it veer into Pharisees territory to me. 

2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Problem is, Luke would never have the chance to speak with him. This is all arranged during filming.

However, even if Luke didn't know anything in advance about what he was going to do once he arrived at the testimony-giving place, there is an enormous amount of set-up and down time during the filming.  Someone had to tell Luke what the order of events was going to be, giving him plenty of time to object and speak to the pastor.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Luke and his pastor probably thought this was a great way to reach lots of other guys who might be in Luke's pre-shower place.

Ew.

Something also that has been bugging me all season.  Has anyone ever launched an actual, successful career from appearing on Bachelor/Bachelorette?  Like, if I was a record exec or worked for a label, the last place I'd scan for new talent would be this kind of reality show.  So, why did Jed think this, of all places, would be where he would be "discovered"?  Dude, just apply for The Voice or something.

• Love 2

When Hannah went to Peter's home I noticed that when his mom asked about the journey thus far she included where have you been?  When Hannah started talking about how she helped Peter open up, etc., his mom looked like she didn't know if she should redirect Hannah to the locations to which they "journeyed" or just let her go on.

I also think that Jed's family was doing everything they could to open Hannah's eyes to the fact that she should not choose him.  I couldn't believe that Hannah wasn't understanding all of the warnings and red flags. 

And, I am a traditionalist who wants a rose ceremony at the end of every episode and for the lead to send someone home (even if it's the person for whom I am rooting!).  Come on producers, it's not that hard... Four fantasy suites are just too much!

• Love 9

What a weird set of hometowns.  I can't recall a season where there has been less genuine interest in the lead.  You have to wonder if Luke wasn't there, how even more lackluster the pursuit of Hannah might have been.  The main incentive that Jed and Tyler seemed to have  at this point is to outlast Luke.   

Other than Luke himself, I did not see any type of real connection between Hannah and anyone else.   The smile of relief that Mike was trying to hide in the limo last week spoke volumes.  He must have been so relived he did not have to keep up the charade for hometowns and drag is family into it.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Thank you! Exactly what I was trying to get across. Hannah’s problem isn’t a southern problem.

Gosh, she’s annoying. I couldn’t spend 5 minutes with her. Between the smiling and the vocal fry and k sounds replacing g sounds, and the like like like like like. Wow. How do they stand her? 

My husband doesn't watch this with me, as he says it's a dumb show. He ain't wrong, but that's another story. Anyway, he popped in while I was watching this and hung around a few minutes. It was when Hannah and one of the guys (I don't remember who) were sitting talking after their date. I started catching secondhand embarrassment that my husband was listening to this woman talk and he knew I purposely subjected myself to this. After a few minutes, he asked, "What's wrong with her? Why does she talk like that?" I said, "Idk, but she's from Tuscaloosa," to which he replied, "Well that's embarrassing for us." We don't live in Tuscaloosa. We live in another part of Alabama. I don't like how she's representing us. Lol

1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

I don’t like people who automatically talk extremely loud to seniors, which is what Hannah did as soon as she met Tyler’s dad. It was like she was talking to a deaf baby. Just because he’s been sick or has gray hair doesn’t mean he’s reverted to infancy. Treat a grown man like a grown man, damn it! 

Yes! This so much! I was so irritated at her blatant disrespect. If I were him, I would've shouted my replies back at her ten times as loud! And if I were Tyler, I would've reminded Hannah that his father had a damaged vocal cord, not a damaged ear drum. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, jade.black said:

Totally forgot they work in construction. That makes it pretty plausible. I wish they would just film in everybody's real homes or be transparent about it so we didn't have to wonder. Thanks! 

He also said they lost the family home and his parents' divorced.  Maybe that's his dad's home, after years of rebuilding the business, and not the one he lived in with his mom and brothers following the divorce.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

Like, if I was a record exec or worked for a label, the last place I'd scan for new talent would be this kind of reality show.  So, why did Jed think this, of all places, would be where he would be "discovered"?  Dude, just apply for The Voice or something.

As we've seen he doesn't have the talent to make a chair turn on The Voice, let alone make it past the first steps of any other show but this one he could make it onto by being fake-sincere about "going on a journey" with no need to prove his non-existent vocal chops.

16 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

If I were him, I would've shouted my replies back at her ten times as loud! And if I were Tyler, I would've reminded Hannah that his father had a damaged vocal cord, not a damaged ear drum. 

Well he didn't have a damaged ear drum before talking to her at least, but I think his ears may have been bleedink afterwards from listenink to Hannah.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

Jed’s family: “ You can’t get a college degree in music.”

Actually you can, dumbasses. Have you heard of Juilliard? Manhattan school of music? The Eastman school of music? And that’s just New York. More like “Our lazy ass son has no interest in studying music seriously, because he’s hoping to cash in on from being on television instead of actually working at it.” 

Hell, for Jazz there's Berklee in Boston.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

Something also that has been bugging me all season.  Has anyone ever launched an actual, successful career from appearing on Bachelor/Bachelorette?  Like, if I was a record exec or worked for a label, the last place I'd scan for new talent would be this kind of reality show.  So, why did Jed think this, of all places, would be where he would be "discovered"?  Dude, just apply for The Voice or something.

Jed only needs to stay on the show long enough to up his Instagram followers to the point where he can get paid for shilling products. Those dollars can supplement his income enough for him to keep on singing without being bothered with the hassle of a real job.  

He can do that by either "winning" and attracting followers as part of a loving couple (for however long he can stomach it) or by coming in the top four and getting a shot at the Bachelor lead, or by ending up on BIP and extending his exposure.  

So many of the Bachelor cast members are living large through Instagram and podcasts ... so it's really worthwhile for them to fake whatever needs to be faked in order to gain followers and make the money that makes their life a lot easier.  

In addition, Jed can probably now book gigs at any number of state fairs or local festivals or bars this summer due to his Bachelorette "fame." So while we won't be seeing Jed at the CMAs or Grammys, his fortunes can still be significantly raised by participating in this "journey."

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wonder if this shower conversion was before or after Luke satisfied himself looking at his own reflection. 

LOL. You know, somebody, Luke's pastor, father, or almost anyone, should have told him that his testimony would be much more effective if he just  said that one day he was alone he looked up at the ceiling,  saw heaven, heard the voice, and knew he needed to change his ways. No one needs to know he was in the shower and when he tells that part it just puts a distracting visual in everyone's head. Poor guy needs a keeper.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, riff-raff said:

What a weird set of hometowns.  I can't recall a season where there has been less genuine interest in the lead.  You have to wonder if Luke wasn't there, how even more lackluster the pursuit of Hannah might have been.  The main incentive that Jed and Tyler seemed to have  at this point is to outlast Luke.   

I don't think the problem with genuine interest has anything to do with Luke.  No one was all that excited about this Hannah being the B.  She had a low bar to climb over and has failed to do even that.  She's just not all that interesting and is having difficulty with the concept of finding a relationship against making it all about her.

I can't disagree that Luke's idiocy has made the season somewhat interesting, but I lost interest after the fourth week and found something else to do with my time.  Yet I understand the ratings are still good, so someone must think this is engaging.  I just know I'm not that someone.

• Love 3

I genuinely believe that Luke, for all his off-putting ways, has only recently become born again and wants to be a new creation in Christ, but is still taking baby steps. For this reason, despite how annoying and oblivious he can be, I still think he is the only one who has authentic feelings for Hannah. If she's telling him she's a Bible-Believing Christian, he would certainly expect her to be chaste, and be blindsided that she's been having sex, in a windmill, twice. 

What I most dislike about Hannah is what many of you have mentioned. If someone came to MY home, and stridently told me what was wrong with MY child, and insinuated that SHE straightened him out, I would not want her in my family. That portends a lifetime of her being demanding and difficult to please. Cutting off someone's parents to take over the conversation and narrate the way you want is a very rude way to treat them.

Tyler's home was spectacular. Jupiter is one of the more expensive cities in Palm Beach County. I think they couldn't afford the house on the river any longer for the simple reason that waterfront property always costs more, but they still seem to be very well-off.

Tyler's concern for his dad was lovely, but I don't understand why he went boating with Hannah before he ever went to see his father. I'm presuming he was home in Jupiter for awhile. I imagine he did see him and this was producer shenanigans.

• Love 9
(edited)
12 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

Jed’s family: “ You can’t get a college degree in music.”

Actually you can, dumbasses. Have you heard of Juilliard? Manhattan school of music? The Eastman school of music? And that’s just New York. More like “Our lazy ass son has no interest in studying music seriously, because he’s hoping to cash in on from being on television instead of actually working at it.” 

That's super weird because I just spent five years paying for my son to get a college degree in....MUSIC. I know it's real because the university just sent the degree in the mail to him (they give fakes at graduation) and it was a thing. Also, he just got engaged and still manages to do his music career stuff (as does his fiancee, who also has a college degree in music), so....whatevs Jed family.

Perhaps what she should have said is, "you can't get a college degree in music if you have no talent." Because most college music programs require an audition. If you don't audition into one, it's true. You can't get a college degree in music. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

That's super weird because I just spent five years paying for my son to get a college degree in....MUSIC. I know it's real because the university just sent the degree in the mail to him (they give fakes at graduation) and it was a thing. Also, he just got engaged and still manages to do his music career stuff (as does his fiancee, who also has a college degree in music), so....whatevs Jed family.

My son too! He plays viola and violin and attended the schools I mentioned. And has the degree.  My sympathies on being poor after paying for conservatory, for what they charge I could have bought a villa in France.  Come by our tent under the bridge some time for coffee. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, ElderPrice said:

My son too! He plays viola and violin and attended the schools I mentioned. And has the degree.  My sympathies on being poor after paying for conservatory, for what they charge I could have bought a villa in France.  Come by our tent under the bridge some time for coffee. 

It'll have to be on my 1960's Schwinn because that's about all I have left. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Arkay said:

Tyler's concern for his dad was lovely, but I don't understand why he went boating with Hannah before he ever went to see his father. I'm presuming he was home in Jupiter for awhile. I imagine he did see him and this was producer shenanigans.

Actually, if I remember correctly, several contestants have said they do not get to see their families until the moment they walk in. I do not think they would have allowed Tyler to see his dad early. And there must be the requisite afternoon date, where they show off their flying skills, church group, abs!, before the meet the family part.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

Ew.

Jed would never,ever, ever___ make it on The Voice or American Idol.  That studio scene the other night was cringe worthy to watch to anyone who has ever done studio time.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Even if TPTB are in charge of the dates, all it would have taken if Luke genuinely didn't want to do the public 'testimony' (which is humble-bragging for him, not real testimony) and the Luke-is-fantastic love-fest afterward, would be for Luke to tell the pastor that he didn't want to.  The pastor could so easily have mentioned privacy reasons, or the personal nature of what the church would be televising, etc, to TPTB, since TPTB has no power over Luke's church.  But neither Luke nor the church were probably against it.  Guess they forgot about what Jesus thought of the Pharisees!  

I think we are underestimating the control of producers and editing. It probably doesn't seem that bad when it's happening, but when it shows up on TV.... I think this whole show has been scripted.

I have some married acquaintances from over 10 years ago where the husband is still trying to make it as a musician. She makes a load of money, I think working for a software company. She's allowed to work at home (at this point she probably runs the department) and they've moved all over the country trying for him to make it big (Atlanta, LA and now Nashville). They live very comfortably and have two kids and that's just how it works for them. No shade, I just think Jed's family was trying to tell her once abc goes away, it's not a very glamorous lifestyle, but it can work if she's willing to be the breadwinner.

• Love 1

I am so grateful for this forum to be able to hear others thoughts and opinions on this show.  I would never admit to anyone, in my real life, that I watch this garbage.  lol  

For the record, I think this show is fake, scripted, or at the very least producer manipulated.  So I'm not watching with a romantic heart hoping that 2 people find true love.  I'm not sure why I watch.  Maybe just to snark and read other people's snark.  lol  

I think that in order to make it a little bit more authenitc, they need to cast people with a little more age and life experience.  These people are so young.    There is no way they are all ready for a life long commitment.  In fact that is probably the last thing they would want.   And I know, most are going on the show for exposure, the travel, the competition.  But the premise of the show is to find true love, and have a proposal at the end.  It would be more believable if it were people who actually might really be ready to settle down and start a family.   I'm' not saying there is a definitive age for that to happen, but I just can't look at a room full of 20 somethings and think they are all itching to get to the alter.  

I think some of the conversations and experiences might be more interesting with older people also.  Hannah is a horrible lead, in my opinion. She has nothing interesting to say, and she couldn't express herself if she did.  All they show are the same conversations about being real, opening up, blah blah blah, but we never see anyone actually do that.  

I think it would be nice to have a lead that actually had some relationship experience and had a better idea what they want, other than they want someone to be 'real'.  And in Hannah's case, be real, in how it pertains to her, in a way that is acceptable to her. 

And as far as her being a Christian and Jesus still loving her, even though she's had sex , yes, I'm sure that is true. And I really don't care who she has sex with or how often.  But, I think for most Christian denominations, sex is supposed to be an intimate act with a person to whom you are committed.  If not marriage vows, a committed, monogamous relationship.  I'm not sure what kind of religion she is a part of, where she seems to think it's all fine to bleep twice in a windmill and have 4 fantasy suite dates, which i assume she will bleep them all , since she is ok with bleeping twice in a windmill.  

And again, I'm not judging her.  I don't care what she does ,  but she's kind of acting like it doesn't really apply to her in this situation.    It's kind of like how she doesn't pay attention to the rules of the bachelor, by skipping cocktail parties and crying for a second rose.  But, I'm sure the producers are fine or even encouraging this type of thing, for drama and 'first time ever's.  

Thank you for a place to voice my thoughts on this horrid show.  That I watch every stupid week.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

No one needs to know he was in the shower and when he tells that part it just puts a distracting visual in everyone's head.

It puts a visual of Virgin (*cough*) Sean Lowe in my head, who famously invited the Bachelor camera person into the shower with him while he was completely naked because SHE WAS A LESBIAN. That's all I could think of during scenes of Luke in the shower. I wondered if the same camera person was in there with him.

Being a Born-Again Virgin worked for Sean and got him the Bachelor gig. I'm waiting to see if it works for Luke.

22 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Come on producers, it's not that hard... Four fantasy suites are just too much!

Not for Hannah! Especially if all four are in a windmill.

• LOL 6
On 7/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, ECM1231 said:

Maybe it was a prayer card with Christ's image on it?  My friend confirmed that it was a prayer card of some kind. I'm gonna need to watch with closed captioning from now on. 

Yeah, it was a prayer card, and the captions were in Spanish.  I wasn't expecting him to be speaking Spanish, so I glanced at the captions to see what he said, and I can't remember what it was literally, but they matched what was coming out of his mouth and it had something to do with Jesus.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

It puts a visual of Virgin (*cough*) Sean Lowe in my head, who famously invited the Bachelor camera person into the shower with him while he was completely naked because SHE WAS A LESBIAN. That's all I could think of during scenes of Luke in the shower. I wondered if the same camera person was in there with him.

Being a Born-Again Virgin worked for Sean and got him the Bachelor gig. I'm waiting to see if it works for Luke.

Not for Hannah! Especially if all four are in a windmill.

This was the first time we got to really see some of the tongue-in-cheek shenanigans that actually happen on the show, just off camera.  They stopped taking everything so absolutely seriously. 

BTW, Sean has always been one of my faves, and he is absolutely hilarious to follow on Twitter.  Just naturally REALLY funny.  Even Reality Steve likes him!  

• Love 4

One thing that really bothered me this episode which no one else has brought up, is when she was with Peter and opened his car console and started rifling through it. In my book that's extremely rude, crossing boundaries and an over inflated sense of entitlement on her part. Her relationship with Peter was in no way long term enough for her to do that to him. Snooping in his personal belongings like she was his wife or something. It would be the same as having Peter take her purse and rifle through it, pulling out objects and questioning her on them. Who did she think she is to these guys she's spent a few hrs with here and there? How rude of her to breech his privacy like that.

I loved Peter's family and he certainly is the best catch out of all  them for someone who would be genuinely looking for good husband material. Sadly, Hannah's still riding the windmill on that one and would rather be following something other than logical thought.

Still, I think Luke is the only one who really likes and wants her, tho I don't know why. I think it's really about "the win" for him too.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SassyCat said:

One thing that really bothered me this episode which no one else has brought up, is when she was with Peter and opened his car console and started rifling through it. In my book that's extremely rude, crossing boundaries and an over inflated sense of entitlement on her part.

I thought this as well.   So did she snoop through the drawers and cabinets in their bathrooms too?   

My dislike for her grows.  

Oh, and I also should say that Jed is a terrible singer / songwriter.  

I don't know what Hannah's talent was for her beauty pageants, or if she even needed to have one, but it sure wasn't singing.    She is very good at straddling things.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I didn't like born-again-virgin Sean too much during his season, but he has grown on me since - and he's gotten pretty damn hot.

Did Tyler's father keep referring to her as "Hannah B" every time he mentioned her?  Wonder if it was a bit of snark after her bellowink at himp like, like if he was rilly rilly feeple or sumpthink.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, EllenB said:

I didn't like born-again-virgin Sean too much during his season, but he has grown on me since - and he's gotten pretty damn hot.  

I wasn't a huge fan of his and he wouldn't have been my choice as bachelor (but he has grown on me too), but I never doubted that he was sincere, or a nice guy... just a bit dull on the show.  But he was never judgmental.  He said this is me without shaming the women for different choices.

Luke, on the other hand... my way or the highway.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, EllenB said:

Did Tyler's father keep referring to her as "Hannah B" every time he mentioned her?  Wonder if it was a bit of snark after her bellowink at himp like, like if he was rilly rilly feeple or sumpthink.   

I believe Tyler mentioned on their first one-on-one date that he and his father watched her on The Bachelor when Pops was recuperating from surgery.

Since I'm here, a few things:

• It's a good thing Peter knows his way around a cockpit (stop it), but I'd be scared shitless the way he kept taking his hands off the control to make out with Hannah.
  • Tyler has his own boat. Peter has his own plane. And yet, she keeps losers like the fraudulent Right Rev. Lord Farquhar type clown and the big-headed, pigeon-toed, low-rent bachelorette party stripping America's Got Talentless fool? Go figure.
  • Chris Harrison thought he's so slick hiding the two roses behind his back. Talk about revving up the drama for no reason.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, XoxoGG said:

I'm telling ya something is wrong with this girl. Something is not right in that noggin she calls a brain. I think she needs to invest in a therapist when this process is done.

Yes, and perhaps some form of education or a hobby other than wearing evening gowns.  What are her other goals?  The contrast with even recent bachelorettes is pretty stark.  Rachel was a lawyer and Ashley a dentist. Beauty queen magic is pretty limited in real life without some other talent.   Look at Olivia Culpo, whose post Miss Universe career consists of posing in swimsuits on Instagram.

On 7/11/2019 at 9:31 PM, mishap said:

I thought this as well.   So did she snoop through the drawers and cabinets in their bathrooms too?   

My dislike for her grows.  

Oh, and I also should say that Jed is a terrible singer / songwriter.  

I don't know what Hannah's talent was for her beauty pageants, or if she even needed to have one, but it sure wasn't singing.    She is very good at straddling things.  

Her sexual confidence is impressive.

She was in Miss USA, which does not have a talent competition.  Miss America, in contrast, has some seriously talented women (opera singers, concert pianists), which seems to correlate with higher intelligence in the contestant pool.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
On 7/8/2019 at 9:11 PM, Madding crowd said:

Jed never looks like he is having fun. And I thought he was a jerk for saying he was standing next to a scumbag. And he looks way older than 25. I don’t like him.

I’m in Nashville this weekend staying at the Gaylord and there was this dude singing in the hotel bar last night that looked just like an older, heavier version of Jed. Now I’m wondering if the magic of TV made Jed look younger and thinner and it really WAS him that I saw in person...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 7/9/2019 at 10:30 PM, rebel2u said:

I loved Hannah G., too.  She seemed very sweet, didn't get too caught up in the drama, seemed rather quiet but also thoughtful (as in thoughtful about the process.)  She seems the epitome of the "still waters run deep" type.  I would love to see a genuinely nice person who really wants to find love, which is how I remember her.

It's not too late for Hannah G. to be bachelorette!  A precedent has already been set with Nick Viall.  TPTB, take heed!

I'd love to see either Peter or Tyler be the bachelor.  But gosh, for a trainwreck season and wrong reasons viewing, Luke is the man!

Don’t get too excited for HannahG to be your perfect Bachelorette—she’s heading to BIP and will certainly find all goodwill she has extended to viewers unraveled there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2