Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Week 9: Hometown Dates

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, RealHousewife said:

Thanks for the info about all the acne treatments guys! I won’t rule Accutane out, but it will be the last resort. I struggled with acne when I was younger, but diet and skin care alone seemed to be enough to clear my skin. It’s been a lot more work this time. My dermatologist did recommend spironolactone! I started that despite my fears taking the drug, and the breakouts on my chin are now gone. I’m so happy about this as I was most self conscious about breakouts around my mouth. I am still getting breakouts on my cheeks, but since they’re not in the center of my face, right below my lips, I already feel much more confident and don’t think all people can see is acne. (Also seems like my boobs are a bit fuller, nice little side effect there. lol) Hopefully the spiro will clear up my cheeks after I’ve been on the medication a little longer. 

Yes, the spironolactone does make your breasts larger.  My eyelashes lengthened significantly as well.  I haven't been on spironolactone for 10 years now.  My skin is still clear, my boobs are still large and my eyelashes are still long!  It's an awesome medication. I was going to try Accutane, but when my acne-ridden cousin mentioned that it did not help her at all, I thought I should try something different.  I'm so glad my dermatologist recommended spironolactone!

Edited by PhysNerd
  • Love 1

I would not be getting into that little plane after finding a crack in it.  "Cosmetic"?  No thank you.  

And the condom Hannah found in Peter's car?  I believe it had to have been there since before the show was filmed.  Sweet and naive that Hannah though he stowed it that day for HER.  I think his deep embarrassment showed the truth.

(Maybe it is a cultural thing, South vs North, but "rubber" is not considered a polite word around here.  "Prophylactic," if you please.)

Lastly, what is this thing she has with needing to be the one on top?  Tyler crawled into the limo after her and in two seconds she flipped him on his back.  Has she had a bad experience on the bottom?  Does she have a physical condition, like acid reflux?

• LOL 6
36 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Lastly, what is this thing she has with needing to be the one on top?  Tyler crawled into the limo after her and in two seconds she flipped him on his back.  Has she had a bad experience on the bottom?  Does she have a physical condition, like acid reflux?

It's not the first time too. She did it to Peter and Tyler in the previous episodes before as well. Girl just likes to be on top physically and emotionally. She sounds like a controlling person whenever she is lecturing the men on what is acceptable behaviour. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, waving feather said:

It's not the first time too. She did it to Peter and Tyler in the previous episodes before as well. Girl just likes to be on top physically and emotionally. She sounds like a controlling person whenever she is lecturing the men on what is acceptable behaviour. 

And Luke, Jed, and Garrett in previous episodes. 

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

And the condom Hannah found in Peter's car?  I believe it had to have been there since before the show was filmed.  Sweet and naive that Hannah though he stowed it that day for HER.  I think his deep embarrassment showed the truth.

(Maybe it is a cultural thing, South vs North, but "rubber" is not considered a polite word around here.  "Prophylactic," if you please.)

On a Bachelor podcast I listen to, a host theorized that Hannah's straddling might be a strategy for hiding *ahem* male reactions to make-out sessions from the cameras. Earlier this year, Ben Higgins discussed how that's an issue for guys on the show:

The producers still get an eyeful but obscuring the "man region" a bit would help in terms of usable episode footage. 

I've seen theorized that the producers planted the condom in Peter's car, I don't know if I believe that but do think that producers had access to it and encouraged Hannah to riffle through his things, knowing what she would find.

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/11/2019 at 2:44 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Yeah, it was a prayer card, and the captions were in Spanish.  I wasn't expecting him to be speaking Spanish, so I glanced at the captions to see what he said, and I can't remember what it was literally, but they matched what was coming out of his mouth and it had something to do with Jesus.

Thank You! IDK why it was driving me crazy. Lol

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Bethanne said:

Don’t get too excited for HannahG to be your perfect Bachelorette—she’s heading to BIP and will certainly find all goodwill she has extended to viewers unraveled there. 

So I was trying to think which women has been liked by Bachelor Nation, and then not liked after BIP.  The first one I thought of was Amanda for her second time on BIP IIRC.  Carly also came off a little bitchy, but she redeemed it by marrying what's-his-name.  And Kendall really didn't come off well with her insincerity regarding Joe the Grocer.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Dejana said:

On a Bachelor podcast I listen to, a host theorized that Hannah's straddling might be a strategy for hiding *ahem* male reactions to make-out sessions from the cameras. Earlier this year, Ben Higgins discussed how that's an issue for guys on the show:

The producers still get an eyeful but obscuring the "man region" a bit would help in terms of usable episode footage. 

I've seen theorized that the producers planted the condom in Peter's car, I don't know if I believe that but do think that producers had access to it and encouraged Hannah to riffle through his things, knowing what she would find.

Lol! So Hannah is the only female in bachelorette history who can give every man a full-on throbbing boner with just a kiss. So much so that she has to mount all of them to cover their shame. GTFOH. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

Lol! So Hannah is the only female in bachelorette history who can give every man a full-on throbbing boner with just a kiss. So much so that she has to mount all of them to cover their shame. GTFOH. 

Maybe she was just the first one to have the consideration to straddle them so the editors could use the footage. haha

• Love 1

Or maybe she just likes that position and now that she’s watched the footage, she’s embarrassed by how many different guys she climbed on top of so she’s making excuses, or others are making them for her. 

Let’s please consider that these men are in their mid to late twenties. They’re not kids. They’ve each been with several women.  Kissing Hannah for a minute in front of an entire set isn’t going to get them hard enough to show through their pants, if at all. She need not flatter herself. 

Btw, Hannah seems like the kind of pageant kid who would have been the biggest brat on Toddlers in Tiaras, sucking down pixie sticks, and terrorizing the other contestants. Her mom probably let her drink Mountain Dew as a child so she wouldn’t throw a fit during her “talent” competition. This woman is a more polished/skinnier Honey Boo Boo. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Or maybe she just likes that position and now that she’s watched the footage, she’s embarrassed by how many different guys she climbed on top of so she’s making excuses, or others are making them for her. 

More details, please!  What excuses is she making?

Edited by Just Carol
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2019 at 6:19 PM, PhysNerd said:

Yes, the spironolactone does make your breasts larger.  My eyelashes lengthened significantly as well.  I haven't been on spironolactone for 10 years now.  My skin is still clear, my boobs are still large and my eyelashes are still long!  It's an awesome medication. I was going to try Accutane, but when my acne-ridden cousin mentioned that it did not help her at all, I thought I should try something different.  I'm so glad my dermatologist recommended spironolactone!

Sounds like it’s beautifying all around! Thanks so much for all the information. 🙂 I hope I can stay on this without any problems. So far I’m taking it well! Did you ever have any issues with potassium? As far as I only, that’s the only serious concern, otherwise safer than Accutane.

Ben on The Ringer clip above, talking about being  "fully erect" while making out in a waterfall:

"And it becomes the promo picture for my season.  So when you do the commercials,  Hey, The Bachelor's coming..."

I'd say that pretty much sums it up!

(Too much?)

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

Ben on The Ringer clip above, talking about being  "fully erect" while making out in a waterfall:

"And it becomes the promo picture for my season.  So when you do the commercials,  Hey, The Bachelor's coming..."

I totally remember that! Even more embarrassingly for Ben, that particular erection happened with JoJo, not his F1 Lauren. It's one thing to hear coy references about your fiancé's fantasy suite time with someone else, with the plausible deniability of going in there "just to talk without the cameras", and quite another to watch him have a boner for another woman.

• Useful 1

Well, who'da thunk Boring Ben would have had so much action going on?  I barely remember his season because it was such a snoozefest.

I guess they can't send Hannah B to BIP this season?  She'd be a perfect horny  trainwreck for that show.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2019 at 9:53 PM, LuvMyShows said:

So I was trying to think which women has been liked by Bachelor Nation, and then not liked after BIP.  The first one I thought of was Amanda for her second time on BIP IIRC.  Carly also came off a little bitchy, but she redeemed it by marrying what's-his-name.  And Kendall really didn't come off well with her insincerity regarding Joe the Grocer.

Eh, I don’t think Carley really redeemed herself so much as the show just emphasises that it’s all about the woman getting what she wants. She was still rude, condescending, mean and insulting to Evan, he just didn’t care and kept trying with her until she realized no other guy was going to put in the time with her and he was her best chance at staying relevant in the franchise. 

• Love 5
On 7/13/2019 at 7:16 PM, Dejana said:

Of course they did, and of course they did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I'd say that pretty much sums it up!

(Too much?)

Omg lol! Hannah’s lucky she’s a female, cause girlfriend seems to have a nonstop lady boner. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Eh, I don’t think Carley really redeemed herself so much as the show just emphasises that it’s all about the woman getting what she wants. She was still rude, condescending, mean and insulting to Evan, he just didn’t care and kept trying with her until she realized no other guy was going to put in the time with her and he was her best chance at staying relevant in the franchise. 

She was incredibly cruel and nasty to Brit the entire Farmer Chris season, slamming her at every turn for supposedly being there to promote her acting career.  Then SHE went on to pimp herself out to the franchise, taking every opportunity to shill, going on BIP, then marrying the first creep who paid attention to her, in the most tacky FREEBIE beach wedding imaginable, complete with an ugly, jacked-up dress.  

Meanwhile, Brit went back to living a quiet life AWAY from Bachelor Nation.  Carly ended up being one of the biggest wanna-be media whores this franchise ever produced. 

No, I cannot stand her.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

No, I cannot stand her.  

I'm glad you closed with this part because I wasn't sure if you liked her or not 😉

I'll just always remember what an ass she was to her now-husband before she figured out she actually liked him (or would settle for him... ymmv).

• Love 2
On 7/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, RealHousewife said:

Thanks for the info about all the acne treatments guys! I won’t rule Accutane out, but it will be the last resort. I struggled with acne when I was younger, but diet and skin care alone seemed to be enough to clear my skin. It’s been a lot more work this time. My dermatologist did recommend spironolactone! I started that despite my fears taking the drug, and the breakouts on my chin are now gone. I’m so happy about this as I was most self conscious about breakouts around my mouth. I am still getting breakouts on my cheeks, but since they’re not in the center of my face, right below my lips, I already feel much more confident and don’t think all people can see is acne. (Also seems like my boobs are a bit fuller, nice little side effect there. lol) Hopefully the spiro will clear up my cheeks after I’ve been on the medication a little longer. 

And back to Bachelorette...

I agree that although Hannah is young and said she hasn’t had many boyfriends, I’d expect her to have more common sense. I was a late bloomer myself but still recognized warning signs for the most part. 

Yay for all the Hannah G love. She is so pretty it’s painful, and was also nice, mature and no drama on Colton’s season. I could totally see men instantly falling for a beautiful, sweet girl like her. 

While it’s socially more acceptable for women to cry and be open about their fears and men can appreciate both vulnerability and strength in a woman, most men would quickly tire of Hannah B’s tears, lectures, and drama. They’d feel like they’re with a woman who’s constantly PMSing. Hannah seems the type who thinks men will come running to her to make it all better when she’s crying and then admire her as a tough chick when she’s giving lectures and flipping the bird. Most men want someone laidback. 

FWIW, my 12 yo son is on Accutane right now and his only side effects have been dry skin and chapped lips. I was on it years ago.

I am just now watching this episode (I watched backwards) and Jed's fsmily being over this shit was hilarious.