Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Week 9: Hometown Dates

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I bet either he or Jed go home on their own since Jed’s ego is bruised and he’s probably not the “right reasons” guy with his career aspirations.

As I read this I wondered, are we being given a red-herring previews swap and it's really Jed that goes home and in the process speaks badly about her boy Luke, and thus gets the finger, as HE is the one that is being driven away??

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

As I read this I wondered, are we being given a red-herring previews swap and it's really Jed that goes home and in the process speaks badly about her boy Luke, and thus gets the finger, as HE is the one that is being driven away??

Except we literally see her standing over Luke at the table, arguing about what he said to her, we see her at the car door, saying to him that her husband would never say what he just said to her. And she's clearly in the exact same outfit when she's giving the finger to the car driving away.

• Love 5
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m looking forward to the FS dates and finding out who she “fucked” in the windmill and if Luke gets fed up and leaves. 

I'm starting to think there actually isn't windmill sex.   I also think Luke's reaction is overblown in the previews.  It's their big overproduced drama moment.  Something about this season just feels so producer-driven to me.   I'm sure  he says something dumb but Luke's not the villain they've made him out to be.  IMO I'm preparing myself to be disappointed.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

A tin of Altoids.

No, not the Altoids. She pulled out the Altoid tin and she found the condom but she found some other item and if Peter said what it was, I missed it. 

I can't seem to figure out multiquoting so thanks LuvMyShows and Wandering Snark for your responses. I am inclined to believe it was some religious item. They definitely were not prayer beads and it seemed like some kind of card so I wondered whether it was a prayer card of some sort. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

I always have a hard time believing the Lead is so conflicted by the end of their season because they're falling in love with 2 people, and they simply can't decide.  if its that confusing, don't pick!  Slow it down and figure it out. 

Yeah, just don't pick someone.  And don't rule someone out just because they are not quite ready to propose.  It just means they have enough sense to know that they they don't know you well enough. Doesn't mean it might not eventually happen, you know, like, naturally...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

I'm so confused as to way the producers allowed Jed to actually use the show to show off his music.  Sooo many musicians have come on this show.  I feel like Wes didn't even get all these opportunities and he had more talent.

It is pretty odd.  The song he wrote with Hannah was terrible and amateurish.  After seeing the date in Knoxville, I think that Jed saw this show as a vehicle to go from a Knoxville bar crooner to the big time.  I got kind of a depressed vibe from his mom and a "don't care" vibe from sis.  Even they don't seem to think Jed is marriage material.

The rose ceremony made no sense either.  So Hannah is an indecisive basket case, and the show encourages more problems by letting her keep everyone so she doesn't freak out?    That just makes it harder and more traumatic when she does send someone home.

• Love 6

Hannah's future husband could have been in that crowd but she sent many men home without giving them a chance to get to know them.   It bothered me alot that she kept giving out roses to men she never dated one on one, or even bothered getting to know.   She let her self get blindsided by a few of them right away and never got to know many of them.  I think she missed a rare opportunity to find mr right.   I liked Hannah but now I am really disappointed in her, I feel like she blew it! 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

This soooo much.  Luke structuring the date as he did, should be such a red flag to Hannah.  But of course, Hannah's rose-colored glasses for Luke are just tinted that way from the red flags!  Interestingly, she got mad at him on one of the dates for telling her that everyone loves him, and then he makes a date where everyone talks about how much they love him!

RealHousewife, if you are considering Accutane for acne, I would suggest not to.  My son has serious acne and I would never, ever allow him to take it.  Too many insane, and powerful, and potentially permanent side effects.  There are oral antibiotics that don't cause so much damage, but of course, they aren't as strong.

I believe that Luke, as probably the anointed star of his family for quite awhile, has no need for the power struggles and deceit that he demonstrated with the guys.  Nor would he have that need with the Sunday School folks who are younger than he is and look up to him.  Alpha Dog/Anointed One security lets him be on his faux-best.

I believe that what he said was Jesucristo or Jesus Cristo (phonetically as yay-zoo-crees-toe), a Spanish wording/pronunciation.  Someone more knowledgeable than me is free to correct me! 

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe Hannah has a sinus infection from all her colds.  Her cheeks look flushed to in some scenes. She might have rosacea or is just feeling lousy. 

Speaking of accutane, my sister has terrible cystic acne that didn’t respond to anything but accutane. She didn’t have any long term effects and it’s been 20 years. She has the most beautiful skin now and the scarring is barely noticeable. But it’s wise to be cautious. There’s probably more known about the drug now since it’s been on the market a long time. 

I’m looking forward to the FS dates and finding out who she “fucked” in the windmill and if Luke gets fed up and leaves. I bet either he or Jed go home on their own since Jed’s ego is bruised and he’s probably not the “right reasons” guy with his career aspirations. His Parents aren't doing him any favors by supporting him in the Nashville folly of his. They have a pretty elevated opinion of him. 

Thanks for the info guys. It seems dermatologists think the risks are worth it, but people who actually take it themselves or have had loved ones on the drug have had mixed experiences. 

I too am looking forward to what transpires between Hannah and Luke. I think it will be popcorn worthy. 

• Love 2

I'm seeing Hannah's inability to get rid of one of these guys as her opportunity to test drive 4 guys in the FS instead of 3.  She IS only 24 so maybe she is thinking this is her last chance for "freedom" with the excuse of finding her husband as the justification.

I'm really thinking that anyone who hasn't got rid of psycho Luke by now really has some issues and is not ready for marriage.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I'm seeing Hannah's inability to get rid of one of these guys as her opportunity to test drive 4 guys in the FS instead of 3.  She IS only 24 so maybe she is thinking this is her last chance for "freedom" with the excuse of finding her husband as the justification.

I'm really thinking that anyone who hasn't got rid of psycho Luke by now really has some issues and is not ready for marriage.

Yeah.  Luke's prayer circle/sunday school class meeting was weird.   his speech, "I had sex, and sins of all sorts,"  but now he has stopped all of that, should have been a red flag. It wasn't just Jesus in the shower - something happened to Luke that caused him to feel he had to change.  

Hannah is obviously not of the mindset that she should repent all her sinful ways and live a different kind of life.  I wonder if this is an organization that frowns on drinking, dancing, smoking, and certain kind of music.  If Luke was all about this group, why couldn't he find a woman already in the group to date/marry, instead of going on a tv show to find someone to convert?

It's hard to tell her reaction, though.  she seems to react to everything with that pageant-girl toothy smile.  

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Ah, but she DID get rid of him. Remember that episode a few weeks back? Yeah, neither does Hannah.

24 minutes ago, Tatortot said:

Hannah's future husband could have been in that crowd but she sent many men home without giving them a chance to get to know them.

But Hannah said quite clearly last night that she was confident in that she had always sent the "right" guy home at each RC, and she had no regrets. It wasn't until last night that she couldn't send one of the four home because she "didn't know." Don't feel badly for those who went home, they are the lucky ones. They live to date another day, AND get on BIP!

53 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Yeah, just don't pick someone. 

Brad did that and caught all kinds of hate. But then, he DID get a second go at being The Bach, so there's that.

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

WHAT? This show give us red herrings? Say it ain't so! Seriously though, previews have to be taken with a grain of salt. Or a whole shaker of salt with this franchise. Plus, remember the preview from some weeks ago where CH says a guy bought his own ring and has returned to propose? In any case, for anyone going to Greece, be careful around those windmills.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I’m not sure why , but Hannah gives me the creeps . I don’t know if it’s her mile long smile , angry bird eyebrows blended with the fact that she enjoys changing peoples thoughts and personalities .. but there’s something that’s just off about her . And I’m very doubtful that any of the guys are truly so into her . 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

I can't seem to figure out multiquoting so thanks LuvMyShows and Wandering Snark for your responses. I am inclined to believe it was some religious item. They definitely were not prayer beads and it seemed like some kind of card so I wondered whether it was a prayer card of some sort. 

I think it was maybe a hundred dollar bill?

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Ugh, it was so fake and staged/calculated I can't believe Hannah didn't see through it all, but she has a blindspot a mile wide (and growing) for Luke and this 'date' played her like a fiddle.

That's been going on since the first night.  Not to mention that being allegedly evangelical herself, this completely appealed to her.

• Love 3

So now that Hannah has been a rebel and broken the rules.....do 1 or 2 guys get sent home next week? Do 3 guys meet her family, or do 2? Inquiring minds want to know!!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Peter’s mother in her beauty pageant days.  Yowza!!  She puts Hannah to shame.

Explains why he is so pretty too - and his brother.  Great genes.

• Love 6

Speaking of accutane, my sister has terrible cystic acne that didn’t respond to anything but accutane. She didn’t have any long term effects and it’s been 20 years. She has the most beautiful skin now and the scarring is barely noticeable. But it’s wise to be cautious. There’s probably more known about the drug now since it’s been on the market a long time. 

Another thing:  you CANNOT get pregnant as this drug could cause severe birth defects.  If you're on it, you're supposed to be on some quality B/C like IUD or the DepoProvera shot.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I took accutane about 20 years ago.  I had had cystic acne in the past and had had dermabrasion but still broke out.  I asked my dermatologist when I would finally have no breakouts and he prescribed accutane.  My dermatologist had me take it in the summer because it dries your skin out so much by suppressing the oil in your skin that is it not practical to use in the wintertime.  The biggest problem I experienced was deep cracks in the corners of my mouth that no chapstick could heal, and also my skin was flaky, which was embarrassing but not enough to keep me from using the medication for a few months in the summer--no mood swings, no digestive problems, etc.  The problems I had went away once I was off the medication and I have had only a handful of pimples since that time. For me it was absolutely worth it.  I did have to have regular pregnancy tests because accutane causes severe birth defects. I knew the risks for birth defects and told my doctor that if I got pregnant, it would definitely be the Second Coming of Christ because there was no other way I could be pregnant   ; )   ---but they had to do their due diligence.

Several people have mentioned that Hannah smiles a lot.  I think that is a Southern trait.  I went to Ireland once and met a boy who told me I smiled all the time. I said, "Well, it's just what we Southerners do."

And just to end this on a Bachelorette note (and not one about medication or the region I live in,) all you posters that are especially snarky (and swear in your posts), thank you.  You're my people. 

Edited by rebel2u
I can't spell
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

They definitely were not prayer beads and it seemed like some kind of card so I wondered whether it was a prayer card of some sort. 

I originally thought it might be a picture of Saint Christopher who is the saint of travel. I know ppl who carry an icon of him( in some form )in their cars. But then he said Jesus Christo so that confused things.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Refresh said:

I originally thought it might be a picture of Saint Christopher who is the saint of travel. I know ppl who carry an icon of him( in some form )in their cars. But then he said Jesus Christo so that confused things.

Maybe it was a prayer card with Christ's image on it?  My friend confirmed that it was a prayer card of some kind. I'm gonna need to watch with closed captioning from now on. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

I took accutane about 20 years ago.  I had had cystic acne in the past and had had dermabrasion but still broke out.  I asked my dermatologist when I would finally have no breakouts and he prescribed accutane.  My dermatologist had me take it in the summer because it dries your skin out so much by suppressing the oil in your skin that is it not practical to use in the wintertime.  The biggest problem I experienced was deep cracks in the corners of my mouth that no chapstick could heal, and also my skin was flaky, which was embarrassing but not enough to keep me from using the medication for a few months in the summer--no mood swings, no digestive problems, etc.  The problems I had went away once I was off the medication and I have had only a handful of pimples since that time. For me it was absolutely worth it.  I did have to have regular pregnancy tests because accutane causes severe birth defects. I knew the risks for birth defects and told my doctor that if I got pregnant, it would definitely be the Second Coming of Christ because there was no other way I could be pregnant   ; )   ---but they had to do their due deligence.

Several people have mentioned that Hannah smiles a lot.  I think that is a Southern trait.  I went to Ireland once and met a boy who told me I smiled all the time. I said, "Well, it's just what we Southerners do."

And just to end this on a Bachelorette note (and not one about medication or the region I live in,) all you posters that are especially snarky (and swear in your posts), thank you.  You're my people. 

I’m the NC type southern and the women I’ve known, while we do smile when appropriate, more often have resting bitch face. Don’t get me wrong, we’re friendly, but then we may say, “god bless her” as someone walks away lol. I’m kidding but there’s always truth in jest, as they say. I don’t know about the Alabama women but I have visited all over the south and I think Hannah’s smiling problem has more to do with pageants than southern. She smiles when it’s not appropriate. Most southerners have more sense than that.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

"Brad did that and caught all kinds of hate. But then, he DID get a second go at being The Bach, so there's that."

I thought Brad was the most sincere Bachelor, at least in his first season.  He really seemed torn up about not being able to commit to someone.  Plus, he was an actual adult, and not some goofy man-boy.  And he was hot.

• Love 13
(edited)

I had severe cystic acne years ago. Antibiotics, painful injections right into the largest cysts, all kinds of prescription topical stuff from dermatologist. Not much success. What finally worked for me was Proactiv. No kidding. I bought it right when it came out sometime in the '90's I think. Used it religiously for years, including the sulfur mask. It was a miracle for me. Also a friend of mine with cystic acne for years tried it too finally after years of me recommending it to her ($50 worth a try) and it worked. She had acne on top of acne literally that was finally healed. It is a small investment to give it a try. But you must use it exactly as directed. It is the three or four step program.I used to use the body wash on my back, shoulders and even upper arms, that's how bad it was.

I notice Hannah's red nose too. Her acne seems to be under control though? Even makeup can't hide those horrible painful cysts. And I think she said she has/had cystic acne? Even her back looks clear. 

i wouldn't wish that type of acne on my worst enemy. @RealHousewife, I hope you get some relief. I was too chicken to try Accutane.

Edited by seasons
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I’m the NC type southern and the women I’ve known, while we do smile when appropriate, more often have resting bitch face. Don’t get me wrong, we’re friendly, but then we may say, “god bless her” as someone walks away lol. I’m kidding but there’s always truth in jest, as they say. I don’t know about the Alabama women but I have visited all over the south and I think Hannah’s smiling problem has more to do with pageants than southern. She smiles when it’s not appropriate. Most southerners have more sense than that.  

I'm from NC, too, and I smile a lot.   I think Hannah's smiling comes from her history of pageants, her nervousness, the fear of rejection that she has expressed and her being Southern.  I don't hear many Southern women in my neck of the woods saying, "God bless her," but we do say "Bless her heart" which can mean "Oh, her mother passed last year, bless her heart," or "Well, she didn't get into State but she sews all her own clothes, bless her heart." Anyway, Alabama is different from NC which is different from Texas and the NC coast is different from the NC mountains; I guess we all have our own Southern slice of heaven.      : )

Edited by rebel2u
I can't spell
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I’m not sure why , but Hannah gives me the creeps . I don’t know if it’s her mile long smile , angry bird eyebrows blended with the fact that she enjoys changing peoples thoughts and personalities .. but there’s something that’s just off about her . And I’m very doubtful that any of the guys are truly so into her . 

I personally think she is legit crazy. Not funny crazy either. I don't think it's her smile because I think it's more of a pageant thing. I've seen some signs from her going back to Colton's season where I was like: something about this girl ain't right. 

She seems to be acquired taste. If I were a guy I wouldn't be into her either. I find her off putting. 

I think if the ette was someone like Hannah G. the guys would've been more into the lead, in my opinion. Hannah B's overdramatic personality seems exhausting.

• Love 11
(edited)
8 hours ago, Soobs said:

I was surprised that I like Luke's family. On a shallow note, his mom's hair was really pretty. So what was up with his behavior? Does Luke not show that side of himself to them or did he freak out because he was on TV?

I hope Pilot Pete is the next bachelor. He seems down to earth and like a fun, friendly guy. I like how his family really went for it with the German chant/ prayer. They seemed like a good bunch.

I thought his sister’s hair was also beautiul, really thick and healthy-looking. I wonder if it was all hers or she had extensions.  

Edited by Sweet-tea
Just realized I’m referring to Jed’s sister, not Luke’s. I agree that Luke’s mom’s hair is also pretty.
  • Love 2
(edited)

Apparently Shakespeare was recapping Bachelorette episodes 500 years before they took place! A previously unimagined variant of Sonnet 129 reads:

“Th' expense of spirit in a waste of shame 

Is Luke in action; and till action, Luke 

Is perjured, murd'rous, bloody, full of blame, 

Savage, extreme, rude, cruel, not to trust, 

Enjoyed no sooner but despisèd straight, 

Past reason hunted; and, no sooner had 

Past reason hated as a swallowed bait 

On purpose laid to make the taker mad; 

Mad in pursuit and in possession so, 

Had, having, and in quest to have, extreme; 

A bliss in proof and proved, a very woe;”

Before, a joy proposed; behind, a dream. 

All this the world well knows; yet none knows well 

To shun the heaven that leads Hannah to this hell.”

🙄

Edited by call me ishmael
My grammar
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

I'm from NC, too, and I smile a lot.   I think Hannah's smiling comes from her history of pageants, her nervousness, the fear of rejection that she has expressed and her being Southern.  I don't hear many Southern women in my neck of the woods saying, "God bless her," but we do say "Bless her heart" which can mean "Oh, her mother passed last year, bless her heart," or "Well, she didn't get into State but she sews all her own clothes, bless her heart." Anyway, Alabama is different from NC which is different from Texas and the NC coast is different from the NC mountains; I guess we all have our own Southern slice of heaven.      : )

“God bless her” or “Bless her heart”, two sides of the same coin. I just think Hannah is weird. There are people who smile a lot, like you, because maybe they’re just happy as hell. And then there are people who smile at inappropriate times because they are either crazy or completely blank upstairs and not comprehending a damn thing anyone is saying because they’re just thinking about how beautiful their smile must be for the other person talking about his dad who almost died. Hannah is weird and not cute. She doesn’t seem like she’s happy smiling. She seems like she’s creepy clown smiling. That’s pageant bs. I refuse to blame all of us southerners for Hannah’s problem. 

1 minute ago, XoxoGG said:

I personally think she is legit crazy. Not funny crazy either. I don't think it's her smile because I think it's more of a pageant thing. I've seen some signs from her going back to Colton's season where I was like: something about this girl ain't right. 

She seems to be acquired taste. If I were a guy I wouldn't be into her either. I find her off putting. 

I think if the ette was someone like Hannah G. the guys would've been more into the lead, in my opinion. Hannah B's overdramatic personality seems exhausting.

I loved Hannah G and I thought she got such a good edit that she was definitely the bachelorette. Couldn’t believe they didn’t pick her. She seems like a genuinely sweet girl and very smart. Much harder for production to manipulate, I’m sure. 

• Love 7

I think if peter becomes bachelor , he’ll be very Ben Higginsy personality wise . He reminds me a lot of him and seems like a good guy who is a people pleaser . I think everyone will complain about how boring he is . 

Tyler’s a catch to everyone now , but he seems like the type that people will hate very quickly and turn on  , as is the case with every loved guy who becomes the bachelor . They never live up to who they were when they were 1 of 25 guys . 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Tatortot said:

Hannah's future husband could have been in that crowd but she sent many men home without giving them a chance to get to know them.   It bothered me alot that she kept giving out roses to men she never dated one on one, or even bothered getting to know.   She let her self get blindsided by a few of them right away and never got to know many of them.  I think she missed a rare opportunity to find mr right.   I liked Hannah but now I am really disappointed in her, I feel like she blew it! 

Heck, at least__ 60% of the men picked on the first night have absolutely zero chance in Hell to be around for the final 4. The producers must have an agenda to push the diversity card. We probably would have had a better season if Demi was The Bachelorette,lol.

• Love 2

Hannah seems like she was a tough bachelorette to deal with, between her mood swings, her crying, her being sick. I wonder what production honestly thinks of her?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Maybe it was a prayer card with Christ's image on it?  My friend confirmed that it was a prayer card of some kind. I'm gonna need to watch with closed captioning from now on. 

OK, so I've been thinking about this way more than I should, and I think that Hannah really should have paid attention to what she learned from Peter's car.  It appears from the prayer card, that Peter is a Christian, which is what Hannah is looking for.  And Christianity as he practices it, is much more closely aligned to hers, because of having a condom in his car.  This is in stark contrast to Luke's brand of Christianity, which although what Hannah thinks she wants, does not align at all with how Hannah actually lives her life.

• Love 19
(edited)
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I do think Hannah B seems like a drama queen. I’m not sure if that is something that will go away as she gets older or not. In her defense, even when you get a bit older, sometimes you can’t help being attracted to the wrong guy. 

I think it's just her age...hopefully.  Normally when a woman grows up a bit, she finds the "bad boys" a turn off. Hannah, unfortunately, is nowhere near being grown up so she is attracted to men like Luke.  If I were her, I wouldn't marry until 28-29.  If she decides to marry now, I don't think it will last beyond 3 months. Guys like Peter are too straightforward and normal; she is not ready for these types of guys.  The "bad boys" that she does like will only mistreat her and drive her crazy.

What's interesting is that Luke is already showing his crazy side even though they are casually dating; they should still be in the honeymoon phase.  Things should be very easy at this stage and yet Luke has caused her nothing but grief and self-doubt.  If any man causes this much drama at the beginning of a relationship, then it will only get worse.  For some reason, Hannah did not pick up on this.  This is something that is an obvious red flag that anyone above the age of 20 should be able to figure out even if they have never had a boyfriend.  It's common sense.

For anyone suffering from cystic acne, I highly recommend spironolactone.  It was the only thing that got rid of my cystic acne and it took only 2 months. Spironolactone is a very weak blood pressure med.  It does raise your potassium levels, so be very careful about your potassium intake and it does initially cause a heavy period during the first month you take it, but everything goes back to normal after that. 

Edited by PhysNerd
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

I loved Hannah G., too.  She seemed very sweet, didn't get too caught up in the drama, seemed rather quiet but also thoughtful (as in thoughtful about the process.)  She seems the epitome of the "still waters run deep" type.  I would love to see a genuinely nice person who really wants to find love, which is how I remember her.

It's not too late for Hannah G. to be bachelorette!  A precedent has already been set with Nick Viall.  TPTB, take heed!

I'd love to see either Peter or Tyler be the bachelor.  But gosh, for a trainwreck season and wrong reasons viewing, Luke is the man!

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, ElderPrice said:

Jed’s family: “ You can’t get a college degree in music.”

Actually you can, dumbasses. Have you heard of Juilliard? Manhattan school of music? The Eastman school of music? And that’s just New York. More like “Our lazy ass son has no interest in studying music seriously, because he’s hoping to cash in on from being on television instead of actually working at it.” 

Or Vanderbilt University, which has a music school and is right there in Tennessee. 

Jed’s sister speaks out about her portrayal on the show:

• Love 4

Hannah looked extremely pleased with herself when she came back with 2 roses.. as if the guys would just be so grateful to her for getting her way and not upset at the implications. Read a room Hannah.. they were all clearly pissed - except maybe clueless Luke who never seems to pick up on what’s going on. Those two are meant for each other.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Luke and his dad showed their big egos when they talked-about about whether Hannah is worth it to Luke. Just kind of smug and self-satisfied.

I just watched last night and am reading your comments now.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

Jed’s family: “ You can’t get a college degree in music.”

I missed this moment but um, yeah, okay then. I already can't take Jed and this music dream serious on account of he can't sing for shit. But his family making a comment like that makes them sound even more delusional and clueless. Isn't Jed's father supposed to be some musician too? And he doesn't know that there is a plethora of music degrees? Hell one can get a Master of Fine Arts in music. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

I liked Luke better than Jed (still want to call him Wes!) at the end, too. Wes was all huffy because it was between him and scumbag Luke, while Luke was just standing there quietly with a little smile on his face, waiting for Hannah.

• Love 4
On 7/9/2019 at 5:40 AM, nlkm9 said:

what i dont gt it--here was his perfect opportunity to escape--say I cant stand that I wasnt chosen over Luke and he could leave--like everyone said he wanted to--yet he is staying and fighting to be there...so--is it possible he has feeling for hannah?? he could have easily walked away last nite and been on his way and noone would have blamed him for that at least.....

oh and she skipped most of the cocktail parties so its her own damn fault shes not where she wants to be. I remember when you coudnt skip those parties.

On why Jed chose to stay on the show up to hometown dates: he's auditioning for The Bachelor!  Maybe Hannah will wreck his chances by picking him at the end.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I wonder what Luke's family and church think watching the season as it airs.  He was totally BSing his parents.  I wonder if they're onto him.  That church group is like the cult of Luke.  He has them all fooled.  I am a church-goer, but groups like that are just creepy.  Stepford Churches.

I actually don't mind Jed's voice, and initially was kinda hoping she'd pick him, but after hearing about what a scuzzball he is and his whole "I came here to promote my music", eh.  I did like the little song they wrote - maybe he should focus on being a songwriter and not a performer.  His family was having none of this, and it cracked me up.  His mom saying that it's quite the way to fall in love (fantastical?  Something like that?) was spot on.  "Do you say that to all the guys?"  Hehe.

Oh, Hannah.  You just want to sleep with all of them so bad, you can't send one home! FOMO big time.

This is the first season I've watched all the way through since Ashley "I want Bentleeeeyyy".  I like Hannah, but maybe the show that's all about finding a husband isn't where you should be sowing your wild oats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I know Jed's family was being cold to Hannah but I felt like they were doing it for her benefit. It's almost like they were warning her to stay away because he's not at a place in his life where he can effort or be ready to settle down. The mother basically told Hannah if she picks him, she better be prepared to support him financially because he is unemployed. I bet Jed is still receiving allowance from his parents. So they are telling Hannah Jed will not be up to her expectation as a husband. They can't out right say their son or brother is a jobless loser chasing his dream. Lol. But Hannah didn't catch the red flags they were purposely waving in her face.

Luke's family looked normal. And he looks normal around them. It's odd.

Peter is way out of her league. His family knows it too but they are too nice and polite to show it. Now that I think about it... none of the families look like they want Hannah as their potential daughter in law. I cringe when she went off proudly about how she coached Peter and Luke to be the men she wants them to be. All of them were looking at her like WTF.

• Love 17
19 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Luke structuring the date as he did, should be such a red flag to Hannah.  But of course, Hannah's rose-colored glasses for Luke are just tinted that way from the red flags!  Interestingly, she got mad at him on one of the dates for telling her that everyone loves him, and then he makes a date where everyone talks about how much they love him!

19 hours ago, saber5055 said:

But do the bachelors make the HT dates themselves? I tend to believe TPTB make the dates and set everything up in the HTs so as to fit the story lines and edits they've scripted for each of the players. 

Even if TPTB are in charge of the dates, all it would have taken if Luke genuinely didn't want to do the public 'testimony' (which is humble-bragging for him, not real testimony) and the Luke-is-fantastic love-fest afterward, would be for Luke to tell the pastor that he didn't want to.  The pastor could so easily have mentioned privacy reasons, or the personal nature of what the church would be televising, etc, to TPTB, since TPTB has no power over Luke's church.  But neither Luke nor the church were probably against it.  Guess they forgot about what Jesus thought of the Pharisees!  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I bet Jed is still receiving allowance from his parents.

Word around online is that his dad pays his rent. 

9 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Luke's family looked normal. And he looks normal around them. It's odd.

I thought Lauren Zima, who does the Roses & Rose recap show summed it up best. She said that Luke is the type of person who thrives in HIS environment, when he's around the people he's comfortable with and who share the same ideas and ideals as him. 

However, when you put him in an unfamiliar environment, like The Bachelorette, where he's forced to have to interact and get along with people who are very different than him in thoughts, opinions, personality, etc. he can't function and the nutjob comes out. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Even if TPTB are in charge of the dates, all it would have taken if Luke genuinely didn't want to do the public 'testimony' (which is humble-bragging for him, not real testimony) and the Luke-is-fantastic love-fest afterward, would be for Luke to tell the pastor that he didn't want to.  The pastor could so easily have mentioned privacy reasons, or the personal nature of what the church would be televising, etc, to TPTB, since TPTB has no power over Luke's church.  But neither Luke nor the church were probably against it.  Guess they forgot about what Jesus thought of the Pharisees!  

Problem is, Luke would never have the chance to speak with him. This is all arranged during filming.

• Love 2

I am curious what the smile of a spawn of Luke and Hannah would look like.

The combination of her "show all the teeth to the molars pageant smile" and his "empty rattlesnake smile" would just be a sight to see.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1