Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Week 9: Hometown Dates

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

We are 4 for 4 with the HTD Bachelor handshake!!

I am waiting for the time when a woman jumps up on a man who is wearing a belt with a buckle that scratches her hoo-ha and puts her out of commission for the fantasy suites. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

And NOW we have the family of nay-sayers.  There's one every season that is a total buzzkill towards the couple, and has at least one or more asshat/bitchy/griping/suspicious family members to totally harsh everything.  

Presenting Jed's loved ones.....

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Luke-I was chasing the sex...

And suddenly Luke talks like a Sacha Baron Cohen character for some reason. Very niiice!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

We are 4 for 4 with the HTD Bachelor handshake!!

At least she didn't try it on Tyler's sick - and portly - father.  Oh, the humanity!

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, laschifosavita said:

Wait. "Sex of all kinds"?!

I don't think that means what you think it means, Luke.

Or does it??????

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I am waiting for the time when a woman jumps up on a man who is wearing a belt with a buckle that scratches her hoo-ha and puts her out of commission for the fantasy suites. 

I think that is what Luke’s family prayed for...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Hannah is live tweeting tonight. She tweeted this after Luke’s date. 

“ughhhhh. I was on meds. I was sick. I went to the urgent care. I do not know the things I said while in georgia. #TheBachelorette”

Interesting toast from Jed's mom. About truths. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I'm so confused as to way the producers allowed Jed to actually use the show to show off his music.  Sooo many musicians have come on this show.  I feel like Wes didn't even get all these opportunities and he had more talent.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jed’s family is really skeptical. Knowing what we know, it’s such a strange HTD. 

And Hannah definitely seemed the most concerned on this date.  

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dirtypop90 said:

I'm so confused as to way the producers allowed Jed to actually use the show to show off his music.  Sooo many musicians have come on this show.  I feel like Wes didn't even get all these opportunities and he had more talent.

Wes only had one song that he sang repeatedly—and he ripped off the Supremes at that! Not that the Love on the Cobblestone Streets song is that great, but at least Jed can pull a song together off the top of his head.

• Love 1
Just now, JenE4 said:

Wes only had one song that he sang repeatedly—and he ripped off the Supremes at that! Not that the Love on the Cobblestone Streets song is that great, but at least Jed can pull a song together off the top of his head.

Wes could actually sing though.  Jed can't IMO.

You can tell Jed told his family he was just on the show to be seen.  They are all like wtf?!  For some reason, they believe he's going to be a star.  This is all so confusing to me.  As is Hannah being so into him.

• Love 23
(edited)

Well, Jed said he and Hannah have talked and she supports his dream of making it as a musician.

I doubt Jed actually explained to Hannah that by wanting her support, he also meant monetary support.

Edited by adhoc
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

Peter and Tyler pep talking Jed and trash talking Luke...while Luke is standing 5 feet away from them. Haha!

Damn! That was cruel! “I can’t give out this last rose.” (Tears) Harrison swoops in with two roses. “What the fuck,” indeed!

• Love 6
(edited)

Jed surpasses Luke in bringing the funny! 

When Peter and Tyler have roses, and it's down to him and Luke, he says:

"I don't feel like I got a rose at all...I feel like it was between me and someone who's a scumbag..."!

BWAH!

Edited by adhoc
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

There is two hours of my life I won’t get back.  Two hours and we still have all of them.  I honestly don’t blame Jed at all for being pissed.

• Love 16

So many questions! Did they have an extra plane ticket ready so four dudes could go?  What about the dates?  Someone is going to get an extra-lame, thrown together at the last minute date in Greece. 

Maybe if Hannah hadn't canceled every cocktail party she would have known which dude to let go. Anyway, we already know Luke gets the boot next week.  

My takeaway from this whole episode is that Jed is shady. His body language is not that of someone who is in love ... it's of someone who is trapped in a reality tv nightmare and he doesn't have the tools to extricate himself like Brooks did with Des.  

• Love 17

I missed most of Luke’s hometown date because spectrum sucks but I did see her conversation with his mother and father. His dad looks like freaky marionette but his mom is beautiful. 

Poor hannah, she did not expect that kind of welcome from Jed’s family and she’s so used to everyone liking miss Hannah with her southern geniality and “sweet” hometown disposition so it was funny to finally speak some sense.  

If Jed is the only one she said I love you too, you wouldn’t expect her to have such a hard time deciding but I guess his family didn’t love her enough. Boo-hoo. Jed should have walked out and gone back to his hapless music “career”. I’m tired of every date being about his music anyway and that jacket and hair. What a doofus

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Jed never looks like he is having fun. And I thought he was a jerk for saying he was standing next to a scumbag. And he looks way older than 25. I don’t like him.

NOT AT ALL.  He has dropped the I love you so many times.  But his face and body language say NO.  Clearly he drops it with ease.  His personality is also flat as his voice.  He has special snowflake syndrome too.  I want him off my screen.  I like Luke more. WOAH WOAH WOAH I can't believe it but its true.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

I think Hannah wanted to pick Luke and Jed both. But the dates with Peter and Tyler went very well, and their families seemed lovely and welcoming. Their roses seemed to make sense.

By contrast, Hannah could not ignore that much as she wanted to have sex with Luke, Luke is a "problem child" and probably not a keeper. I think she would have dumped Luke at the end of this episode if Jed's family had been warm, welcoming, and approving of the relationship between Jed and Hannah.

However, Jed's family threw a wrench into the works by looking askance at the whole thing. (And who knows what they said to her that we did not see?) So now she has doubts about Jed's viability as a fiance. 

So that's why she wants more time, IMO. She wants to see which one (Jed or Luke) is less problematic. And maybe what I mean by that is that she wants to test drive them in bed to see if one of them is more compatible with her than the other.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)

^^I feel like it was clear Luke's not having sex during fantasy suites after his hometowns.   I have a few theories in my head but I can't help but think the producers convinced her to bring him to FS because they knew it would be a  shit show.  She knows Luke is not a viable option by now.  IMO

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Anyway, we already know Luke gets the boot next week.  

Do we know that for sure?  It certainly looks that way, but they are jerking us around so much, I don’t know what to believe any more.  I was expecting (and hoping, and cheering) that Luke would be dumped on tonight’s show, but that didn’t happen.  I am totally frushtrated!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

^^I feel like it was clear Luke's not having sex during fantasy suites after his hometowns.   I have a few theories in my head but I can't help but think the producers convinced her to bring him to FS because they knew it would be a  shit show.  She knows Luke is not a viable option by now.  IMO

Hmm, I guess you could be right that it's producer manipulation. But OTOH, maybe at this point (this episode, where she does not send him home), she thinks Luke will sleep with her in the FS, and that's kind of been her little fantasy since night one. I'm not clear he has said to her yet "There will be no sex in the fantasy suite."

• Love 2

West coast here, so just saw the Peter date. She actually called the condom a “rubber?” Haven’t heard that in years. And why were Peter’s parents, especially dad, crying so much? They all, including Peter, Sen a bit desperate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5