Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Slide Into Your Dms Like . . .

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I do like Cam, but there's nothing messy about her so she's a rather boring reality star otherwise.  

Agreed. She’s way too charmed and perfect at this point to be remotely relatable anymore; she’s basically become a Real Housewife without a storyline. She sure as Hell doesn’t fit in with this crew anymore.

The one time I actually loved her and laughed myself silly at her antics was back when she and Shep got so shitfaced drunk at Thomas’s political event at Sermet’s back in Season 2, falling over chairs and shit; she’s a hilariously goofy drunk!! I’d like to see her lose her shit like that again, but those days have sadly passed. And don’t even get me started on how she used to make fun of other reality stars shilling shit on social media, and now her Instagram account has gradually morphed into nothing but endless commercials and random ads for everything from vitamins to shampoo and frozen meals, etc. 

@heatherchandler, I’m with you: I’m not feeling this younger cast/vibe of “Southern Charm” anymore either. This feels more like a Southern twist on “Vanderpump Rules”, only without the ratchet drunken mayhem and shouting matches. I’ll still watch because I love Patricia and Charleston enough to stay tuned, but I’m otherwise just not that excited about this show anymore.

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’m not feeling this younger cast/vibe of “Southern Charm” anymore either. This feels more like a Southern twist on “Vanderpump Rules”, only without the ratchet drunken mayhem and shouting matches. I’ll still watch because I love Patricia and Charleston enough to stay tuned, but I’m otherwise just not that excited about this show anymore.

They've even shortened the opening theme song, removing the part about "He's got money, he's in magazines" etc., because that part was always shown with Thomas, insinuating that the show was about Charleston's most elite and wealthy bachelors.

Now, it's about 20-somethings, day-drinking and gossiping.

• Love 17
23 hours ago, scrb said:

His Trop Hop beer went nowhere -- no surprise, it's the equivalent of a writer using vanity press.

This surprises me, because as of this past April he was at a local beer hall’s tent at the Charleston Food & Wine festival promoting and serving up Trop-Hop(which was actually quite delicious, I thought!)...maybe he’s gotten a distributor and started mass producing it since this season quit filming??

22 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

This girl sure gets around for a Mother of two, unless she’s doing all these things every other week that Thomas has them.  Tramp turned socialite.  Now she’s seeing a disgraced Senator from Boca.  She sure can pick them.  I don’t know what happened with the country singer.  I guess she slept with Whitney in between?

I was super confused when she said she had a type and the new guy was a singer. I thought we were going to see the country guy.  So the country singer was before this senator?  I thought the country guy was fairly recent. Last post of him on her instagram was in February, and filming had to be before that, right? 

19 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am aware of that.  My point is that this boozy brunch appearance tends to indicate (not prove) that Naomie's business (not even going to try to pronounce it) is not taking off like wildfire.  I am just putting it out there, just in case something were to go down later in the season and she was to claim that she was working 16 hour days or something.

If Naomie was really 100% invested in her own business, but she needed to do this rare appearance on behalf of her family, she could have abstained from drinking, which is what she originally contemplated before deciding to imbibe, even though she stated that drinking alcohol might make it hard/impossible to finish the day's work.

If it seems like I'm putting a fine point on this, maybe I am.  I saw Naomie working at her own store in epi one, and I was so impressed, and then people were bringing up the idea that she is likely being financed by her parents, and that she isn't working as hard as someone who had to start at the bottom, on their own, like Austen, so I am making sure to look out for both sides of the equation (not just with Naomie; with all of them).

I don't mind someone getting the lazy edit, or the the bootstraps edit; I just don't like it to be applied unfairly, as Bravo so often does.

When we first saw Naomi at her store she had like 2-3 people working there.  That's plenty to run customer service and box up orders for a new business. The only times she probably has to be there a lot is when deciding what new merchandise to buy. 

• Love 2
On 5/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, bosawks said:

I have never hoped for anything on this show more than I am hoping Shep never gets a dog.

This. Mr. "NEW SHINY!" No. His mom knows him too well.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:20 AM, biakbiak said:

Did JD pay Dani to date someone named Gentry as stealth product placement for his bourbon if it still exists?

Ha! I cannot stop myself from immediately thinking of the Gentry business every time his name is uttered. And considering the name itself means "good social position" or even the aristocracy... "This is my boyfriend, Social Position."

On 5/30/2019 at 6:51 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

Omg that video of Austen in those saggy ass underwear,  please no more. Burn that, bury it. Just, please no.

I can't stand seeing it anymore. Every time I see it, I see Austen's hand go immediately to cover his package. I don't know if that package is supposed to be aroused and/or he's drawing attention to it. Or adjusting it. Gah. But for someone who was purportedly unaware he was being filmed, why bother fluttering your hand down there in the first place? I also hate his "You're insane!" at Madison, even though Madison, meh, I don't care about her. 

Actually what bugs me even more than the Oh, Don't Look At the Package maneuver is how every time Austen would see Madison, he'd fall over himself saying how cute and adorable she is. Like a diminutive doll. That would get old really fast, a grown woman like that. 

22 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Craig is insightful? The Craig who’s on this show, who drinks way too much, who drunk orders a huge box of beef jerky and doesn’t remember it, who can only sew 10 pillow covers a month and needs a responsible woman to tell him what he needs to take care of every day? That Craig?

Craig likes to talk as if he's insightful. Maybe it's the slow, measured tones that take forever to come out. People think it's worth waiting for. 

He does provide some good comic relief and it does seem that his heart is in the right place.  I found it hilarious that he had all the good gossip.

Shep totally forcing him to be the one to break the Madison news to Austen was shady as hell. Sheppers didn't even bother to hide his ear-splitting grin of glee, either. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I really think he’s missing Naomi and Gizmo more than we think, even tho Naomi is a pain in the ass.  I don’t think she’s that happy with what’s his name either.

My thing is that I don't even care.  I find her to be perhaps the least compelling of the cast members.  Craig was the only interesting thing about her imo, and that doesn't say a lot does it?  lol

• Love 12
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

He's SOOO not.

All I see is "labia."

Why is Naomi on this show?  What does she bring to the table?  She has an e-commerce business.. ok how does that translate to reality-show interesting???  I used to get a kick out of Shep, I love Craig, was grossly fascinated by Whitney. 

I was usually appalled by Kathryn and Thomas, but entertained!  I guess I am not happy with this new version of the show.

I heard her pronounce it as "La Bay" on this episode  I wouldn't have known had I not heard, lol.

• Love 2

As Shep, Craig and Austen started throwing down on the alcohol like it was a hot dog eating contest, I just got the impression that they were so pathetic.  It took me back to college days.  How old are these men....like 40, right?  I was embarrassed for them.  Well, looked it up and Shep is almost 40.  Hard to believe that Craig is only 30!  OMG, hard to believe. 

• Love 6
On 5/30/2019 at 12:14 AM, ProudMary said:

And yet another episode where we have to see the Austen supposed threesome video. 🤮  Enough already!

Really - how many times do we need to see him standing in the doorway yanking on his sausage?!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’m not feeling this younger cast/vibe of “Southern Charm” anymore either. This feels more like a Southern twist on “Vanderpump Rules”, only without the ratchet drunken mayhem and shouting matches. I’ll still watch because I love Patricia and Charleston enough to stay tuned, but I’m otherwise just not that excited about this show anymore.

I almost hate this show now.  It was SO much better the first two seasons.  But Thomas started to go down the drain and Bravo didn't want to be accused of co-signing his behavior; so now we're stuck with the second string understudies.  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, we can safely say that this season so far has been boring.  The guys bring nothing new, and pardon me, but I can’t stand Austin for some reason. None of them have an interesting story line.  Let’s admit it.  Thomas and Katherine were the show.  I binged on the first two seasons, and the show was red hot.  Like him or not, Thomas had a very big part and I miss him, even tho he’s a stupid ass for his age.  He was bedazzled by Katherine, and probably still is. I’m sure Whitney has the hots for her, but there’s Patricia.  Now that Thomas is gone, Whitney is a big part of the show.  The others have to step it up as there is nothing going on.  The guys don’t work and just sit around and drink, and the girls meet for lunch and gossip.  Eh!

I completely agree it’s boring but respectfully disagree Thomas and Kathryn were the stars of the show. One woman’s opinion to be sure. I loathed their scenes and haven’t missed him one iota. 

It seems like they’re all just pulling a (makes me sick reading here the amount) paycheck and phoning it in. 

It would be different if we knew even Madison. Austen is boring always so for us to care about the just met her girl breakup is insulting to viewers. Same with the offscreen Chelsea  America’s Cup guy. Who cares!

Shep, who I’ve always liked has totally lost me this season. 

This should be the last season. The thrill is definitely gone. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I heard her pronounce it as "La Bay" on this episode  I wouldn't have known had I not heard, lol.

Its not really a word, at least not in French dictionaries.  She may be taking license with the spelling.

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

As Shep, Craig and Austen started throwing down on the alcohol like it was a hot dog eating contest, I just got the impression that they were so pathetic.  It took me back to college days.  How old are these men....like 40, right?  I was embarrassed for them.  Well, looked it up and Shep is almost 40.  Hard to believe that Craig is only 30!  OMG, hard to believe. 

Has to be a producers idea.  They’re going to help Austen drown out his sorrows with booze.

They just happen to have gotten clearance to film at some bars who will comp them drinks just to be filmed for the show.

• Love 1

Being a mom is really hard and frustrating and I've noticed now we have more freedom to admit this than maybe generations did before. But Cam seems to be riding that wave and hiding behind it being "honest" (like she did with her breastfeeding choices) but no matter what it makes her come across as selfish and uninterested in being with her baby.  If I want to complain about my kids I do it to a friend who is going through the same thing. If I complained to my dad, he doesn't remember how hard it was, it was such a long time ago, he's not going to understand or sympathize. You need to choose your audience and in this case not a full tv watching audience. 

Shep's segment consists of him calling his mom and say he is considering getting a dog?  Are you fucking kidding me?  

The problem with Kathryn and her hair is that the extennsions are noticable. Her hair is chunky and strategically placed and she is always adjusting it.  It reminds me of Britney Spears. Her hair is awful and I just don't get it. They must have money to pay for these services and so many other people has great extensions and beautiful wigs.  I am looking forward to hearing how she is paying for everything. I still don't see why her house is so spectacular. I'd rather live in Cam's house or the first house TRav lived in season 1. 

Still love Chelsea and her normal segment of her looking for plants and landscaping advice. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Being a mom is really hard and frustrating and I've noticed now we have more freedom to admit this than maybe generations did before. But Cam seems to be riding that wave and hiding behind it being "honest" (like she did with her breastfeeding choices) but no matter what it makes her come across as selfish and uninterested in being with her baby.  If I want to complain about my kids I do it to a friend who is going through the same thing. If I complained to my dad, he doesn't remember how hard it was, it was such a long time ago, he's not going to understand or sympathize. You need to choose your audience and in this case not a full tv watching audience. 

I get your point, but I disagree.  I think it's great that Cam is on TV saying these things.  Maybe it will help someone not feel so alone.  I don't want to go back to the day of "Shhhh, don't let the neighbors hear you're not perfect."

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I get your point, but I disagree.  I think it's great that Cam is on TV saying these things.  Maybe it will help someone not feel so alone.  I don't want to go back to the day of "Shhhh, don't let the neighbors hear you're not perfect."

I feel like she could do this in a way that's a little less "I feel burdened by my child, and I resent it," which is how I read her. I freely admit that parenting is really hard work and I need breaks and time for myself, but the difference, to me, is I don't think those comments would make my children or spouse feel bad. Anyway...I love her for her quips and commentary, but I always fast-forward her heart-to-heart convos with Mom or her therapist (those are next-level disgusting on any of these shows) because it's too self-indulgent, and nobody's business, and it affects other people.  

My only other takeaway is this season is 100% scripted (exhibit 1: Chelsea's dad's terrible line reading), and Katherine's new shit is promotional and comped. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think it's the only personal story line she's willing to reveal.

It's been going on for at least 3 seasons, how she didn't want to be a mother and now that she is, she's not that enthusiastic about it.

If there are arguments or ups and downs in her marriage, she's never going to put it on the show.  She just wants to collect those Bravo checks while revealing as little that is real as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's her idea for her husband not to appear on the show.  She didn't reveal she was getting married until after it was a done.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I agree with you, and find it is the only thing on this show that rings true at all to me anymore.  I didn't have kids, but if I had ended up with someone who really, really wanted them, I might have been willing.  I believe I'd probably feel exactly like Cameron does, bored, anxious, lonely.  When she said she might spend a couple of days without talking to an adult, I really felt for her.  I love my nieces to pieces, but it is mind-numbing to spend all day long playing grocery store with a two year old or changing diapers every five minutes and picking up Cheerios from the floor all day and reading the same stories and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ad nauseum.  I'm glad she is speaking out because there is no shame in admitting babies are hard work and she's finding it hard to be the mommy.  The rewards are there too, and she says so, but that doesn't change the day after day after day sameness of constantly being present.

• Love 13
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 5:50 PM, HouseofBeck said:

I can't stand seeing it anymore. Every time I see it, I see Austen's hand go immediately to cover his package. I don't know if that package is supposed to be aroused and/or he's drawing attention to it. Or adjusting it. Gah. But for someone who was purportedly unaware he was being filmed, why bother fluttering your hand down there in the first place? I also hate his "You're insane!" at Madison, even though Madison, meh, I don't care about her. 

Every time I see it I think he's doing what my mom used to call "the pee-pee dance" when my little bros used to urgently have to go to the bathroom.   And I agree that the "you're insane" awful.

If I saw it right, the storefront of Naomie's place had a picture of a bee next to it, and the French for "the bee" is "l'abeille," pronounced like she is pronouncing the store.  

Edited by Jobiska
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 5:56 AM, Vandy10 said:

I couldn't tell if she was saying that she wouldn't take a third dog he pawned off on her, or if she meant she already owned her own 2 dogs and didn't want a third (that he would inevitably lose interest in and try to pass off to mommy). Either way, you know you're an irresponsible loser when even your mom thinks you can't take care of a dog.

I had to watch this scene twice because I was a little tipsy the first time and didn’t finish watching the show. Today I finally finished the episode and I rewound to right after the last commercial break of what I’d seen before and this scene was the first one. 

On my initial watch, I interpreted his mom’s  comment as her having to take custody of Shep’s dog twice before. But upon my second watch, I’m now fairly certain that she currently has two dogs of her own and won’t take on a third if Shep gets a dog and it doesn’t work out. 

On 5/30/2019 at 6:03 PM, Gam2 said:

Craig is insightful? The Craig who’s on this show, who drinks way too much, who drunk orders a huge box of beef jerky and doesn’t remember it, who can only sew 10 pillow covers a month and needs a responsible woman to tell him what he needs to take care of every day? That Craig?

I agree with the person who wrote that Craig is insightful. I especially noticed it during the last reunion. However, his insightfulness only applies to his assessment of other people’s motivations/psychology. He has absolutely no insight as to himself, at least in terms of what I’ve seen so far. In my opinion, he has zero self-awareness and is often straight up delusional about his own psyche/life. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Love 14

I cannot watch Kathryn clawing and yanking her hair. If this is a wig she needs to get her money back.  The top of her forehead looks like it is painted red to match the hair/wig. Why do so many of the women on these reality shows need to wear wigs and extensions? Chelsea is a hair stylist. Time for Kathryn to ask for her help. 

• Love 7

I can never understand Danni's rat's nest, either.  Are those supposed to be beachy waves?  Ok, but why that weird white blonde bleach color mixed with other bleach over dark brown roots and underneath?  Why?  The new girl only looked good the one time she had her hair in a braid.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:42 PM, Dmarie019 said:

I was super confused when she said she had a type and the new guy was a singer. I thought we were going to see the country guy.  So the country singer was before this senator?  I thought the country guy was fairly recent. Last post of him on her instagram was in February, and filming had to be before that, right? 

When we first saw Naomi at her store she had like 2-3 people working there.  That's plenty to run customer service and box up orders for a new business. The only times she probably has to be there a lot is when deciding what new merchandise to buy. 

She said the new guy was a “senstor” not a singer.  This was all before she got together with the current guy, the singer.

It’s confusing. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Cam has always used complaining/whining to try to deflect the fact that she has it pretty good so she seems more relatable to us average folk but it comes across as entitled to me. 

Like Kelly Ripa

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Everyone has already commented all the same sentiments I have. Muppet mouth Austen is boring and fake as they come. Again -Bravo, stop trying to make him happen. For an educated individual, Craig misuses words all the time. "I'm trying to portray the situation to you"??!! No- I think he meant "relay the situation to you."  Still I'll stand by him bc he adds interest to the show and he's O.G. cast. Chelsea=boring, Shep= boring and degenerate, Naomi = BORING, Dani= boring, Cameran= boring.  How are parents of cast on this show more interesting than the cast? 

Shep used to be so witty and kind of cute. What happened? Do you think he will realize he's no prize eventually ? How does he still get women?- Which reminds me-- Craig, say women or ladies or anything other than "girls." This is since season 1. He always says "girls " and I can't un-notice it. 

Everything Cam's mom said was good advice. I'm like her mom in that I don't really cook or enjoy doing so. I have 3 kids and do it out of necessity.  If I slave in the kitchen, they cast it aside anyway bc they are kids & want "kid food." I do go many days without speaking to an adult especially when my husband is out of town every week. Like Bonnie said, "I was so busy with things that I didn't have time to notice." It is full on survival mode which our generation doesn't get anymore. My friend is a working mom and said it best "being home with your kids is an entirely different output of energy. I get a lunch break or an hour to myself . You don't get that at home with kids." It made me feel like someone finally understood me instead of just the usual "being home is easy and going to work for $ is hard."

I'll sigh and say again, I miss the 1st two seasons of this show and hope to go back.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 10
On 5/31/2019 at 2:58 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Agreed. She’s way too charmed and perfect at this point to be remotely relatable anymore; she’s basically become a Real Housewife without a storyline. She sure as Hell doesn’t fit in with this crew anymore.

The one time I actually loved her and laughed myself silly at her antics was back when she and Shep got so shitfaced drunk at Thomas’s political event at Sermet’s back in Season 2, falling over chairs and shit; she’s a hilariously goofy drunk!! I’d like to see her lose her shit like that again, but those days have sadly passed. And don’t even get me started on how she used to make fun of other reality stars shilling shit on social media, and now her Instagram account has gradually morphed into nothing but endless commercials and random ads for everything from vitamins to shampoo and frozen meals, etc. 

@heatherchandler, I’m with you: I’m not feeling this younger cast/vibe of “Southern Charm” anymore either. This feels more like a Southern twist on “Vanderpump Rules”, only without the ratchet drunken mayhem and shouting matches. I’ll still watch because I love Patricia and Charleston enough to stay tuned, but I’m otherwise just not that excited about this show anymore.

I’ll bet if Thomas came back on again (probably not) the show would be dynamite again with him and Katherine.  They were the glue.  All these others are floundering.

• Love 3
On 6/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, izabella said:

I agree with you, and find it is the only thing on this show that rings true at all to me anymore.  I didn't have kids, but if I had ended up with someone who really, really wanted them, I might have been willing.  I believe I'd probably feel exactly like Cameron does, bored, anxious, lonely.  When she said she might spend a couple of days without talking to an adult, I really felt for her.  I love my nieces to pieces, but it is mind-numbing to spend all day long playing grocery store with a two year old or changing diapers every five minutes and picking up Cheerios from the floor all day and reading the same stories and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ad nauseum.  I'm glad she is speaking out because there is no shame in admitting babies are hard work and she's finding it hard to be the mommy.  The rewards are there too, and she says so, but that doesn't change the day after day after day sameness of constantly being present.

OMG, I remember those days with three little kids, husband working nights, away from family and no car.  Yikes!  I started doing hobbies when the kids went to sleep.  You HAVE to have telephone friends and friends you meet at the playground to bullshit to.  Then us girls started playing canasta and drinking wine on nights when we could.  Don’t remind me, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

She said the new guy was a “senstor” not a singer.  This was all before she got together with the current guy, the singer.

It’s confusing. 

OHHHHH ok! ha now that makes sense. 

Thanks!

It's kinda funny because some people are throwing a fit on her instagram calling her a liar posting about her now boyfriend the country singer. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

OHHHHH ok! ha now that makes sense. 

Thanks!

It's kinda funny because some people are throwing a fit on her instagram calling her a liar posting about her now boyfriend the country singer. 

Do people not realize that the show is filmed a few months ago? People are funny.

Anyway, this was a boring episode. 

The thing with Cam, is that if her storyline is that she's a conflicted mother, and we never see her with her baby-it's tough to sympathize. I understand and applaud her keeping the baby off the show for the most part. But it's not much of a storyline if she's sitting there (as the recap pointed out) in a pristine white blazer talking about how hard it is. That's not relatable. 

I enjoy this show for the party and real estate porn and am not getting it this season. Chelsea's house is a cute starter home. Kathryn's expensive place might be a great address but it's not particularly architecturally interesting to me?  If Cam's out there selling real estate show us some of that. Or make it up, for Pete's sake! Plan some kind of lady party at Cam's house, which looks pretty. 

• Love 5

I'll add one more thing to the Cameran motherhood tribulations...her house looked realistic as in a toddler / baby LIVES and is raised there. The kitchen counters and livingroom were full of child accoutrements and it made me feel better about all my "clutter." It's necessary and it's out there. That was real and relatable.

• Love 8

I agree about the lack of parties and real estate.  Kathryn's place isn't decorated at all like any of the fabulous Charleston homes I have seen in pictures...her place is pretty generic comparatively.  I don't expect it to be like Patricia's (a bit too stuffy IMO) but more like Brandon Branch's home from SC Savannah (or even Haygood's).  If you have money for $6,600.00 in rent and a flipping Rolls Royce, you should have way better furnishings. 

I have all but forgotten Craig isn't originally from the south.  He does seem like a really sweet guy but he is more of a 'house cat' (as Chelsea's dad said) than Austin.  He is by far the most handsome guy on the show.          

I do not miss JD.  I miss season one and two Thomas.  Shep will continue to get women simply because he is wealthy and now famous.  

I still cannot help but like Cam.  They need to just make her solely the Greek Chorus and punt this fake story line.  I think she has probably struggled a bit going from carefree to having the responsibility of a child as a lot of women (and men) do, but this is blown out of proportion, I am sure. 

Add me to the list of never wanting to see Austin's threesome tape again.  Ugh.     

• Love 9

I too like Cameron.  She reminds me of a den mother.  She's always the sane one of the group and a lot of times is the only one with any sense.  Chelsea, Danni, and Naomi are all nice, pretty, likeable people but honestly they are all  interchangeable.  They all look alike to me and behave the same so IDK I struggle to tell the difference between the 3 of them.  At least Katherine has some fire in her (and her flaming red hair helps).

1 hour ago, AnnieHeights said:

I have all but forgotten Craig isn't originally from the south.  He does seem like a really sweet guy but he is more of a 'house cat' (as Chelsea's dad said) than Austin.  He is by far the most handsome guy on the show.          

Craig is definitely the cat's pajamas...meow.  I used to like Shep but lately he is just seems to be a bit annoying. 

Still missing T-Rav!  He is reality t.v. gold.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:16 AM, Higgins said:

I have never once wished to not have had children. Nor have I heard any of my friends express that sentiment. Maybe it's generational. 

Or maybe its because I don't have children that they feel free to say the wished they didn't either.  I'm not saying that no one doesn't want to have kids, of course they do.  But I'm sure that some wish they hadn't and felt societal pressure to have them.

• Love 3

If you have to put up the phonetic pronunciation of your store’s name on the store sign, you probably should have chosen another name. If you have to put up the phonetic pronunciation, it’s almost as if you’re saying your customers are too stupid to know how to pronounce the name and/or what it means. Bad move all the way around, Naomi. I hate this kind of pretension or any kind, actually.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Heathrowe said:

I enjoy this show for the party and real estate porn and am not getting it this season. Chelsea's house is a cute starter home. Kathryn's expensive place might be a great address but it's not particularly architecturally interesting to me?  If Cam's out there selling real estate show us some of that. Or make it up, for Pete's sake! Plan some kind of lady party at Cam's house, which looks pretty. 

Agreed.  No one is bringing the real estate.  Couldn't Whitney rent a fancy house or something for the show?  You can only go to a party at Patricia's so many times.  Cam has the next nicest house but with a toddler and camera shy husband you'll only get so much screen time there.  Shep apparently lives at the beach, but we never actually see them on the beach,  just in this tiny little house that probably costs a fortune.  Both Craig, Naomi and Cheltsie's houses are boring regular homes.  Danni must still be in an apartment and Austin is a long way from moving out of an apartment.  Katherine must be renting that apartment for the show, no way is she living there long term.  It's not even cute inside, its a weird 70's mashup with new kitchen.

Surely there are some wealthier friends with property and big houses they could go visit that isn't TRav.

• Love 5

That house that Kathryn “rented” is actually for sale. It’s four stories with no railings on the stairs so it’s totally unsuitable for small children. She said it came furnished so she didn’t move anything into it except some small items. This whole thing is so damn fake that SC isn’t even trying anymore. This used to be my favorite show because we love Savannah so much but what a bunch of nothings these people have turned out to be. Sorry, Cam. You’ve always been my favorite. This show is done.

• Love 4
On 6/1/2019 at 8:27 AM, RedInk said:

I feel like she could do this in a way that's a little less "I feel burdened by my child, and I resent it," which is how I read her. I freely admit that parenting is really hard work and I need breaks and time for myself, but the difference, to me, is I don't think those comments would make my children or spouse feel bad. Anyway...I love her for her quips and commentary, but I always fast-forward her heart-to-heart convos with Mom or her therapist (those are next-level disgusting on any of these shows) because it's too self-indulgent, and nobody's business, and it affects other people.  

Exactly.

is how every time Austen would see Madison, he'd fall over himself saying how cute and adorable she is. Like a diminutive doll. That would get old really fast, a grown woman like that. 

What is up with that?  It's very annoying and stupid.  Like Austen.

Danni has a fierce loyalty to Kathryn and always has. She really has her back, even when K neglected her babies to party and lost custody. It is nice to see but I wonder how their friendship got to that deep of a level? Honestly, I don’t see Kathryn as invested in Danni. Kathryn seems very egocentric. 

You summed this up so perfectly.  It is totally perplexing!  It appears to be a completely one sided "friendship" with Danni being some sort of guard dog to Kathryn.  Why this loyalty?  Does Kathryn have something on her? 

I like Cam but it's not like she's bravely opening up the "being a Mom is hard" conversation.  This isn't the 1960's (70's?) when women started to feel that they could whisper about the reality of motherhood and not feel that they had to always pretend everything was perfect.  Maybe it's because I see it on her Instagram too.  This "Mom Life" schtick is growing old.  While you don't have to lie and hide behind a façade of perfection, sometimes keeping a bit of your business to yourself is admirable (Amy Schumer, I'm looking at you - gack).   

• Love 3
On 5/29/2019 at 9:02 PM, Bronzedog said:

Shep just laughed at Austin for being upset over his thirty second old break up.  What a prick.   Please don’t get a dog Shep!  You shouldn’t be responsible for anyone else’s life.  You are truly a man child.

Chelsea is not interested in being in a relationship.

NO to the dog for Shep.  Animals deserve    better.  It is a whim.   I would not give him a goldfish

• Love 1

I was thinking about Shep....Craig and maybe, a little bit of Austen and this came to mind:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance

Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration

Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate

Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people

Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior

Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations

Take advantage of others to get what they want

Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

Be envious of others and believe others envy them

Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

I posted something similar about Craig last season, but, now.....I think it's catching. lol  

The answer in spoiler tags:

It appears to be a completely one sided "friendship" with Danni being some sort of guard dog to Kathryn.  Why this loyalty?  Does Kathryn have something on her? 

Probably a producer-driven storyline. Somebody has to be Kathryn’s friend for the show.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, Gam2 said:

If you have to put up the phonetic pronunciation of your store’s name on the store sign, you probably should have chosen another name. If you have to put up the phonetic pronunciation, it’s almost as if you’re saying your customers are too stupid to know how to pronounce the name and/or what it means. Bad move all the way around, Naomi. I hate this kind of pretension or any kind, actually.

SUCH pretension!

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, AnnieHeights said:

BY FAR!

I'm a couple of episodes behind but I'm finding this season boring thus far which would explain why I've only been watching when I'm bored and realize I have something I can put on in the background while I do other stuff.

Is it just me or does anyone else find that Madison sort of resembles Jessica Simpson a bit?

Craig should take heed - sitting across from Shep, he may be seeing his future in a decade if he doesn't get his shit together - a broke ass version of Shep. What more do you need to be inspired to get going with life?

So this episode probably highlights my boredom so far. It's a bunch of repetitive gossiping going on with little to no confrontation with the people that are being gossiped about which just leads to a waste of time. This episode alone, we got 5 separate conversations about Kathryn's new relationship and/or her home/car situation. The only difference in each of these conversations was the combination of people involved in the conversation and the locations where the conversations were taking place.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm a couple of episodes behind but I'm finding this season boring thus far which would explain why I've only been watching when I'm bored and realize I have something I can put on in the background while I do other stuff.

Is it just me or does anyone else find that Madison sort of resembles Jessica Simpson a bit?

Craig should take heed - sitting across from Shep, he may be seeing his future in a decade if he doesn't get his shit together - a broke ass version of Shep. What more do you need to be inspired to get going with life?

So this episode probably highlights my boredom so far. It's a bunch of repetitive gossiping going on with little to no confrontation with the people that are being gossiped about which just leads to a waste of time. This episode alone, we got 5 separate conversations about Kathryn's new relationship and/or her home/car situation. The only difference in each of these conversations was the combination of people involved in the conversation and the locations where the conversations were taking place.

I do think Madison looks a lot like Jessica Simpson. She used to be in some of my fitness classes in Charleston and I have always thought that, even more so in person. I don't really know any of them personally, but they are all kind of out and about in my area.

• Love 2