Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Slide Into Your Dms Like . . .

• Start Topic

I really feel like the Shep/Craig/Austen get together was acted.  And not acted well by any of them.  I don't believe that Austen and Madison are a legit couple.  This is all a storyline for a show.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

The more I watch this show, the more I believe, with the exception of Cameran, maybe Dani & Naomie, all of them to some extent are Peter Pans, both the men and the women. 

10 years from now I think we'll see them right where they are now. Playing at jobs, or no commitments despite saying they want one. A couple of the women may have children. I don't see Chelsea or any of the men ever being married or in any relationship for long, Katherine is on another planet 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Austen went on his IG story to express frustration that the video has been shown on 3 straight episodes - "how many more times are they going to show it?!" 

I get his frustration. But really, without the video, what else would his story be this season?! He would just be like the male Danni. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I'm sorry if I say anything already posted.  On Thursdays, I have a really small posting window, but I always go back and read all the comments right soon after I post...

OMG, I always thought the Chelsea was a downer, but now that y'all have pointed out that she has a whistle in her voice?  She makes me want to die.  Also, for a hair stylist, she's very available.  I have never known a hair stylist who didn't work like crazy.  I'm not crazy about her dad either.  For a southern gentleman of that generation, he seems oddly intense, critical and opinionated, rather than a loving and supportive, if slightly oblivious, dad.

I'm starting to back away very slowly from the Kathryn train.  It looks like she's re-repeating all her old mistakes on this new guy.  And, I know I posted last week that I wasn't counting her money, but a Rolls?  Ok, I'm officially counting her money, and something doesn't add up...

Cameran and Danni both have ugly smiles IMO, where their upper lips push down, violently, and it's jarring, especially on Danni.  It's not pleasant to see, but I have to give Danni credit for not driving over to Madison's house and beating her up.

Austen is a total mess.  He was more upset at the idea of confronting Madison than with what Madison actually did.  On the telephone call, Madison came off so poorly, first trying the half-denial, and when she realized she was caught dead-to-rights, she said it was no big deal. What a bitch.

I think Austen should stay away from Madison once and for all.  It's not the DM per se--some people don't care about that stuff--but the fact that there was prior mutual cheating, and the fact that she lied about the DM.  Madison is as calculating as the day is long, a regular Catherine Trammel, but without the beauty or brains, and you'd better leave her before she leaves you.  She's obviously trying with Gentry.  God knows how many others.

Shep and Craig were such doofuses delivering "the news" though.  First, Craig with the preambles, and then the ambles, and the mindless pontificating when what he had to say about Madison could have been uttered in two sentences.  Then Shep tag teams with what seems like way too vested of an interest for his bruh to be single.  Like, just give him the news, and only give your opinion on the matter if he asks, I say.

Shep calling his mom to whine about wanting a French Bulldog was very immature and stupid and not why I watch this show.

Everyone making fun of Naomie's business last week were probably right.  I'm not sure how much business she's doing if she and her business partner can ditch work in the morning to have cocktails with "Charleston Influencers" at her parents' restaurant, which actuallly appears to be doing well.

Cameran saying that Metul was possibly the finest looking man she's even seen (when Cam has a husband) and hugging on Metul so long that it made Naomie uncomfortable was...not particularly endearing.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

BRAVO pays them very, very well. 

Yes. I read that Shep and Cameran got big raises, so each are making $450k this season. I would guess the others are making $300K? Pretty sickening when you think about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

Katherine looks hard. In her 20s looking like she's 40 trying to look 20.

The hard makeup and her fashion choices do not look good on her. Trying to emulate a seventy-year-old socialite to ingratiate herself isn't doing her or her pocketbook any favors.

She's trying too hard and it doesn't look good.

Edited by Giselle
Still thinking of pizza!
  • Love 16
44 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I wasn't counting her money, but a Rolls?

It could be a lease and leased by someone else.  I no longer buy but lease.  Detroit here.

44 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Shep calling his mom to whine about wanting a French Bulldog was very immature and stupid and not why I watch this show.

Thank you for bringing this up.  His mother said she did not want a third dog.  Didn't he have a dog before?  Is his mother taking care of that dog?  I don't care for animals but I do think if you have them you need to realize they are for life and they deserve to have proper care and attention.  I do not like to see them abused or mistreated.  We had a cat when I was growing up and my mom said we would never find another as fantastic.  Never went on surfaces except for the two spots my mom gave her, never climbed curtains, came when you called her, hid when company came, and liked her cat box outside.  She was a dream.  That's it, I am done.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

could be a lease and leased by someone else.  I no longer buy but lease.  Detroit here.

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

They stated she was getting a custom paint job because she didn’t like the color so not least. Maybe it will be featured and she hit a discount.

• Love 1

Late to the party here because (ta da) I was in Charleston. Very hot...over 100 degrees. So hot they had to stable the horses that pull the tourist carts (tours). 

I was at the place The Skinny Dip where Shep called his Mom re: the dog. What they didn’t show you was that they have a lovely clothing boutique downstairs on the first floor. I actually bought a few things and got a red tote with their logo on it instead of the usual handled paper shopping bag. Shep does not deserve a dog and a dog does not deserve the neglect it will have to endure with Shep. 

I just can’t with Cam. How lucky is she that they can live in that lovely house with a dock on the water, and a Mom that comes to stay and watch Palmer. Telling her mother that she can’t have a vodka drink because she’s in charge of the baby so that Cam can partake. No Lady. You are home. Take care of your own child. She also uses pre-pre school. That little girl is going to feel so loved growing up <sarcasm>  She is very entitled and spoiled. 

The actual filming of the boys last scene had to take hours. They were pretty looped. I don’t agree with Shep pushing Austin to drink as a cure for having feelings over the break up. That will only exacerbate his feelings and then he’ll be home alone. I really hope they took an Uber home because none of them were in a condition to drive. 

We drove around south of Broad looking for Katherine’s new place, but didn’t come across it. Wasn’t about to spend more than a half hour doing so. There are many beautiful places there and there is a charm to the neighborhood. 

Saw Patricia’s caftans being sold in a pet store on King Street. Didn’t go in to check out the price (it was in their front window). 

I think I heard Craig state that he had completed 20 pillows and was going to sell them. All of the boys hair looked greasy and as southern gentleman they should know to take their hats off in a restaurant while eating. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Cam had a baby to make her husband happy.  He repeatedly asked her to have a baby and she gave in.  It's no surprise that Cam doesn't want to be a stay at home mom.  In fact, I'm not sure why she's even trying to be.  She and her husband are quite well off, her husband is gone quite a bit for work, so why not get a nanny?

I don't have kids myself but every friend I've had with kids has said to me at one point or another through the years that they wished they hadn't had kids.  EVERY. ONE.  Does that make them bad parents?  No, it makes them honest people.  Kids are hard, not everyone is cut out to be a parent (I wasn't).  That's ok.  Get a nanny, Cam!

• Love 24
14 hours ago, rideashire said:

I actually find it refreshing that someone is admitting out loud how difficult it can be instead of gushing like there's not a single problem ever. Parents have a habit of glossing over the hardships and she's not doing that. She feels isolated and lonely and I bet a lot of other parents feel the same way, but are wary of mentioning it for fear of getting this sort of response. 

I don't think it's the content that's objectionable.   Not to speak on anyone else's behalf, I also don't think her right to express it is.     This is the problem:   part I

15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Can Cam act any more disinterested in being a mother? If this is her script this season it sucks and I'm already tired of hearing how hard it is. Women all over the world take care of their kids willingly, some with more than one and no help from husbands or mothers. Get over yourself.  

and:  part II 

16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Late to the party here because (ta da) I was in Charleston. Very hot...over 100 degrees. So hot they had to stable the horses that pull the tourist carts (tours). 

I was at the place The Skinny Dip where Shep called his Mom re: the dog. What they didn’t show you was that they have a lovely clothing boutique downstairs on the first floor. I actually bought a few things and got a red tote with their logo on it instead of the usual handled paper shopping bag. Shep does not deserve a dog and a dog does not deserve the neglect it will have to endure with Shep. 

I just can’t with Cam. How lucky is she that they can live in that lovely house with a dock on the water, and a Mom that comes to stay and watch Palmer. Telling her mother that she can’t have a vodka drink because she’s in charge of the baby so that Cam can partake. No Lady. You are home. Take care of your own child. She also uses pre-pre school. That little girl is going to feel so loved growing up <sarcasm>  She is very entitled and spoiled

the much less flattering adjective I was going to use is privileged.   

I really doubt that the debate is motherhood can suck.  It can.  Not does, can.  But for a married, well provided for woman with plenty of disposable income, willing and available grandparents to help with childcare, a hands on husband and the option to go to work, to be complaining about how hard this.....?   Pardon my french Naomie, but Fuck, no.   I need her to try it with 5 out of the above 6 things absent.

8 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

I couldn't tell if she was saying that she wouldn't take a third dog he pawned off on her, or if she meant she already owned her own 2 dogs and didn't want a third (that he would inevitably lose interest in and try to pass off to mommy). Either way, you know you're an irresponsible loser when even your mom thinks you can't take care of a dog.

I believe she was saying the 2 dogs she's got were, initially, his.    You guys, what do Shep, Austen and Craig do for a living outside this show? 

Does anybody think Kathryn and that Rolls are her way of emulating Patricia?  I mean they're not typically high mileage cars, it could be after market.   Ooooh I kind of want her to paint it the same rusty hot Gingerbread color her hair is.    Did she say his name is Joseph but I call him Joe?   I hope the children have tutors.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Kathryn choosing the shady, sketchy guy to date when she is a mom of very young children...yea, she still has many screws loose. 

The Rolls Royce? The $6600 rent? More screws loose. 

She has always been...different. 

Danni has a fierce loyalty to Kathryn and always has. She really has her back, even when K neglected her babies to party and lost custody. It is nice to see but I wonder how their friendship got to that deep of a level? Honestly, I don’t see Kathryn as invested in Danni. Kathryn seems very egocentric. 

The Madison stuff seems like a fake storyline. Her name is brought up too often, just like when Peyton was on last season. 

I think Craig is closeted. He has zero game with women or real interest. 

The truth is, Cameran never wanted a baby. She did it to hold on to her husband. Yes, she loves Palmer!! But she (secretly) feels like it is a burden too. 

Um, Metul is very attractive but he isn’t THAT fine (Cam’s word), well, to me. To each their own but more importantly, he seems super arrogant. Yuck. In other words, he’s a good match for Naomie. 

• Love 11
(edited)
45 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They stated she was getting a custom paint job because she didn’t like the color so not least. Maybe it will be featured and she hit a discount.

Maybe it's "hot" (hence, the paint job.....)?  

Or, the paint job is some lame reason for the delay of her negotiating a deal to get the car to "own" while they are filming.  I've seen several of the Real Housewives are driving super fancy cars (Bentleys, etc.) that I am sure they only "own" while they are filming.  It seems that the following season, they have entirely different cars.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Eeeeew, I don't think Metul is good-looking at all.

He seems so......controlled.  There's no genuine warmth there.  

Yes! Not attractive to me, either.  I wondered what I was missing when I looked at him. To each his own, I guess.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

am had a baby to make her husband happy.  He repeatedly asked her to have a baby and she gave in.  It's no surprise that Cam doesn't want to be a stay at home mom.  In fact, I'm not sure why she's even trying to be.  She and her husband are quite well off, her husband is gone quite a bit for work, so why not get a nanny?

Cam stated even during that storyline and before she got pregnant that they both wanted one kid. I do t think Csm anticipated Elvis when she married Jason but he clearly loves both Palmer and Elvis equally!

• Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Sterling said:

You can google when he was a med student and made one of his patients Valentine’s Day. Even discounting Cam’s vapers at the sight of him I find him much hotter than Craig and a huge improvement for Naomie.  Though his presence as a brown person does highlight how fucking White this show is and always has been! Cam brings her black male doctor friend to Paris’s and occasionally her Indian friend pops in and Metul shows up when his schedule allows.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Austen went on his IG story to express frustration that the video has been shown on 3 straight episodes - "how many more times are they going to show it?!" 

I get his frustration. But really, without the video, what else would his story be this season?! He would just be like the male Danni. 

Yeah I'm sure he's really anguished.

🙄

His Trop Hop beer went nowhere -- no surprise, it's the equivalent of a writer using vanity press.

And his "relationship" with Chelsea is over, probably because she was over it.

So what other reason would Bravo have to keep you on the show and keep collecting that TV money?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Kathryn- I'm confused. Is this the boyfriend before the country singer boyfriend? 

This girl sure gets around for a Mother of two, unless she’s doing all these things every other week that Thomas has them.  Tramp turned socialite.  Now she’s seeing a disgraced Senator from Boca.  She sure can pick them.  I don’t know what happened with the country singer.  I guess she slept with Whitney in between?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I really feel like the Shep/Craig/Austen get together was acted.  And not acted well by any of them.  I don't believe that Austen and Madison are a legit couple.  This is all a storyline for a show.   

I kept noticing this splotch on the right side Austen's neck would change shape and form, so the lack of continuity was jarring to me.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ninjago said:

Cameran wouldn't be the first woman to realize she doesn't want to stay home with her child full-time.

Would she have put the baby in Day Care if her Mother didn’t watch the baby?  As nervous as she is, I doubt that she would.  I think this is her first and last child. Lol.  Welcome to motherhood.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Yeah I'm sure he's really anguished.

🙄

His Trop Hop beer went nowhere -- no surprise, it's the equivalent of a writer using vanity press.

From his TH last episode, or the one before that, it came off as though he just thought he could just "attach" his name to the beer and it would take off just like that. He had no idea of the hard work it takes to launch a beer from scratch. Seriously, he had a hat with his beer name/brand on it before the beer even got samples distributed. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Cameron’s concerns are all legitimate new Mom woes, but she has a disingenuous quality about her that makes it difficult to empathize with her. 

Katherine is an idiot. She learned nothing from her experience with Thomas. 

Naomie is a brat, but I’m obsessed with her- I could watch her talk in French to her parents all night. 

Craig has many faults, but he is very insightful. 

Craig is insightful? The Craig who’s on this show, who drinks way too much, who drunk orders a huge box of beef jerky and doesn’t remember it, who can only sew 10 pillow covers a month and needs a responsible woman to tell him what he needs to take care of every day? That Craig?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Cameran saying that Metul was possibly the finest looking man she's even seen (when Cam has a husband) and hugging on Metul so long that it made Naomie uncomfortable was...not particularly endearing.

Cameron’s storyline is flimsey so they have her flirting with Metul and Craig.  Ridiculous.  Maybe her doctor husband should flirt with a couple of nurses.  Maybe tell them how cute they are and give them a hug.

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

From his TH last episode, or the one before that, it came off as though he just thought he could just "attach" his name to the beer and it would take off just like that. He had no idea of the hard work it takes to launch a beer from scratch. Seriously, he had a hat with his beer name/brand on it before the beer even got samples distributed. 

He said he had all these connections from going around bars, selling beer to them for his last employer.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

think this is her first and last child.

Which she has repeatedly stated from before she got pregnant, during her pregnancy and the year and a half that Palmer’s been alive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

BRAVO pays them very, very well. 

But $6600 rent and a Rolls Royce well?! Google tells me a RR requires $55,000 down and $3629 a month. So she’s throwing away more than $10k a month on rent and a car payment? This article says the cast made $375k a year as of last year. So she could technically afford it. After taxes, it’s not leaving a lot left for other expenses and she sure doesn’t seem to be saving anything. She has her job at Gwynn’s, I assume other sponsorships, and now I guess she’s getting child support. Just seems that Bravolebritydom is short-lived, so why blow it all away? This is her one chance to squirrel away that TV money before she’s left behind with no basically no marketable skills. At least BUY a house as an investment. It just seems shady to me. T-Rav is facing prison and she suddenly STOPS talking smack about him?!? Even T-Rav didn’t drive a RR—is Daddy Ravenel paying her hush money from the Ravenel fortune? Is she a sugar baby to this new boyfriend like Lala on Van Der Pump Rules? Something is up. But that was a damn juicy scene with Kathryn talking about her boyfriend with such honor, when meanwhile Craig gave us the real dirt, with the assistance of newspaper headlines and barely concealed dick pics. Guess it’s a good thing he was just a state senator and so it didn’t make the national news as it would have had he been a US Senator!

The Madison/Austen and Craig/Shep (and bonus Danni) scenes were pretty good, too. I was worried this season would be a bore without T-Rav, but this episode delivered the juicy drama that I come to expect from Bravo.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

m not sure how much business she's doing if she and her business partner can ditch work in the morning to have cocktails with "Charleston Influencers" at her parents' restaurant, which actuallly appears to be doing well.

Her parents were in France and so her going to that Brunch was her working to schmooze with the “influencers” and to insure the cameras showed up so the  influencers and the restaurant would be on camera.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

But $6600 rent and a Rolls Royce well?! Google tells me a RR requires $55,000 down and $3629 a month. So she’s throwing away more than $10k a month on rent and a car payment? This article says the cast made $375k a year as of last year. So she could technically afford it. After taxes, it’s not leaving a lot left for other expenses and she sure doesn’t seem to be saving anything. She has her job at Gwynn’s, I assume other sponsorships, and now I guess she’s getting child support. Just seems that Bravolebritydom is short-lived, so why blow it all away? This is her one chance to squirrel away that TV money before she’s left behind with no basically no marketable skills. At least BUY a house as an investment. It just seems shady to me. T-Rav is facing prison and she suddenly STOPS talking smack about him?!? Even T-Rav didn’t drive a RR—is Daddy Ravenel paying her hush money from the Ravenel fortune? Is she a sugar baby to this new boyfriend like Lala on Van Der Pump Rules? Something is up. But that was a damn juicy scene with Kathryn talking about her boyfriend with such honor, when meanwhile Craig gave us the real dirt, with the assistance of newspaper headlines and barely concealed dick pics. Guess it’s a good thing he was just a state senator and so it didn’t make the national news as it would have had he been a US Senator!

The Madison/Austen and Craig/Shep (and bonus Danni) scenes were pretty good, too. I was worried this season would be a bore without T-Rav, but this episode delivered the juicy drama that I come to expect from Bravo.

I want to see this Rolls.  Is it in her social media?

In any event, yeah whether she buys in cash or takes out a loan, it's money she would never recover.  If she paid a $10k mortgage, at least she could write off some of the interest and property taxes and there's a chance the property would appreciate.

That's why I don't believe the $6600 a month is real.  Or at least she might have rented for a short period which may be why it's so high.  

Does she get significant income outside the show?  Maybe but unlikely.  I mean is she getting those big Instagram endorsement deals?  Who wants to emulate her look?

But you also have to wonder, if she's flashing money around like that, will it help her custody case?  Couldn't Thomas' lawyer say that she has significant income so he shouldn't be solely responsible for child support?

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I have to say, I do appreciate that Craig tried to keep Dani and Gentry anonymous when gossiping. I also found it hilarious when they were like "Some girl told him" and Danni laughingly said "That was me!" I think Craig really is trying to be a good friend. I do wonder why nobody asked Gentry for screen shots of this Insta conversation but I guess it didn't matter in the end since Madison admitted to it anyway. 

Danni posted the receipts on her Instagram account earlier today. 

This was a most uninteresting episode.  As I said ^earlier, this show is taking on a most unwelcome Vanderpump Rules vibe.  Dislike.

Kathryn needs to stop fiddling with her extensions/tracks/wig/hair.  Makes her look like a patient in a behavior disorder clinic.  My support of Kathryn is diminishing by the day.  Her overt consumerism isn't helping.  (I do now wonder if the outrageously expensive house she rented was being strongly underwritten by Sherwin Williams, once the ads aired), but a Rolls?  Seriously?  This girl is a 60-yr old soul living in a 27-yr old body.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 13

The best comment I heard was Chelsea’s dad calling Austen a cat, or was it a couch cat?

Either way, spot on.

Not interested in Chelsea’s storyline of a long distance relationship with someone we have to google to see.

More interesting to me would be her remodeling her house. Having just finished a complete remodel of a 1976 house, there would have been plenty of drama with interesting contractors, even more interesting handymen, working a full time job, and a dog (I have two).

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Her parents were in France and so her going to that Brunch was her working to schmooze with the “influencers” and to insure the cameras showed up so the  influencers and the restaurant would be on camera.

I am aware of that.  My point is that this boozy brunch appearance tends to indicate (not prove) that Naomie's business (not even going to try to pronounce it) is not taking off like wildfire.  I am just putting it out there, just in case something were to go down later in the season and she was to claim that she was working 16 hour days or something.

If Naomie was really 100% invested in her own business, but she needed to do this rare appearance on behalf of her family, she could have abstained from drinking, which is what she originally contemplated before deciding to imbibe, even though she stated that drinking alcohol might make it hard/impossible to finish the day's work.

If it seems like I'm putting a fine point on this, maybe I am.  I saw Naomie working at her own store in epi one, and I was so impressed, and then people were bringing up the idea that she is likely being financed by her parents, and that she isn't working as hard as someone who had to start at the bottom, on their own, like Austen, so I am making sure to look out for both sides of the equation (not just with Naomie; with all of them).

I don't mind someone getting the lazy edit, or the the bootstraps edit; I just don't like it to be applied unfairly, as Bravo so often does.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

But $6600 rent and a Rolls Royce well?! Google tells me a RR requires $55,000 down and $3629 a month. So she’s throwing away more than $10k a month on rent and a car payment? This article says the cast made $375k a year as of last year. So she could technically afford it. After taxes, it’s not leaving a lot left for other expenses and she sure doesn’t seem to be saving anything

I did say BRAVO paid them well. $375K annually is a very lucrative income, especially for a 27 yr old. But.....this is Kathryn we're talking about. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed. It sounds like she's having a great time pissing all her money away on flash. She's young, she'll learn. At least let's hope so. I'm not real impressed with the new, sober, mom of the year Kathryn but that's another topic for another time. 

• Love 5
(edited)

About Shep's phone call with him Mom about getting a dog, I'm quite sure that Shep's parents have two dogs and she wasn't implying that Shep had gotten two dogs and then dumped them on his parents. After they all went to Hilton Head Island last season, Shep stopped by his parents and visited with his Mom. I'm pretty sure the dogs where there. Even in that conversation Shep talked about getting a dog and his Mom said he had no business getting one. But there was no indication that the parent's dogs that were there had previously belonged to Shep.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

It just seems shady to me. T-Rav is facing prison and she suddenly STOPS talking smack about him?!? Even T-Rav didn’t drive a RR—is Daddy Ravenel paying her hush money from the Ravenel fortune? Is she a sugar baby to this new boyfriend like Lala on Van Der Pump Rules? Something is up. But that was a damn juicy scene with Kathryn talking about her boyfriend with such honor, when meanwhile Craig gave us the real dirt, with the assistance of newspaper headlines and barely concealed dick pics. Guess it’s a good thing he was just a state senator and so it didn’t make the national news as it would have had he been a US Senator!

I definitely get a sugar baby vibe about Kathryn. Hell, she was angling to be a sugar baby in Season One with cast members, frantically sleeping with them all (except Craig, lol. Makes sense now, dude is practically asexual). 

She IS a 60 year old woman in a 27 year old body as someone else said. A Rolls Royce is laughable for someone in their 20’s. She matches well with Thomas and Whitney, thirty years her senior.

I hope Danni & Gentry stay together, she looks really happy with him. 

Why does Craig only speak in monotone? Low energy/blah 24/7. He was much more lively in Season One. Depression? Drugs? 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Agreed. First time I’ve *ever* nearly drifted asleep during a new SC episode. Same shit, different season: Shep is being drunk and gross. Kathryn looks/acts skanky. Chelsea is trying to convince us she wants to date a guy steadily. Naomi is being condescending and French. Craig is trying to convince us he has a job outside of this show. Cameron is poorly trying to convince us she should never have procreated.

Where was the annoying Eliza kid this episode? Off in the mountains scoring more meth?? Maybe she went full on ‘07 Britney Spears and finally shaved all that yarn off her head before a night of beating up cars with an umbrella. I might actually give half a shit about her then.

In my wildest dreams, we could just finish up this godawful season with nothing but Patricia ordering fast food from her Rolls Royce. Or visiting Thomas and JD in jail. 

Sun-Bun, always my very fave commentary!! 🤣 The BEST!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

My point is that this boozy brunch appearance tends to indicate (not prove) that Naomie's business (not even going to try to pronounce it) is not taking off like wildfire.  I am just putting it out there, just in case something were to go down later in the season and she was to claim that she was working 16 hour days or something.

It’s an e-commerce fashion site it can be doing well and still allow someone to do something else for a few hours. She said she was going back to work.

• Love 1

I think Cam wants to be a stay at home mom but thinks she’s too cool to admit it so she acts like she’s so put upon which sounds ingenious especially since she probably has help and can do as much or as little as she wants. She’s a yawn and has been for awhile. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s an e-commerce fashion site it can be doing well and still allow someone to do something else for a few hours. She said she was going back to work.

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Austen parents gave him the money for his beer vanity label.

If I can be bold enough to surmise, you want the state of Naomie's business accurately reflected, as do I.  I'll go over what we agree about, what we likely disagree about, and then I'm going to move on, as much of is speculation based on very little:

1.). We agree that it was appropriate for Naomie to have made an appearance at her parents' restaurant

2.) If Naomie is committed to maximizing profit and having everyone put in sweat equity, I'm not sure I agree that Naomie needed to bring a member of her staff off the job site when plenty of people whom Naomie knew would be at the restaurant

3.) I'm not sure that Naomie was going back to work, or going to be fully functional at work after the brunch, because she weighed the decision whether to day-drink, decided in favor of same, and commented that the decision may have had consequences on her endeavors for the duration of the day.

4.) I didn't remember Austen getting money from his parents--probably because whenever his parents were on the scene, I was so distracted by his strange mom--so I concede that.  I suspect Naomie's parents have given her significantly more money, but that's mere suspicion.  I just didn't want to use the obvious example of Craig, because I didn't want to do a whole "Naomie vs Craig" thing again, but I am pretty sure Craig is self-supporting, or at least has been for several seasons.

Anything I haven't covered--I concede.  There's just not enough evidence either way, and it's not that important to me. I'm going to continue to comment on what I observe about these people's businesses in the way that I find to be most accurate.

I hope they all become millionaires several times over, of course, even Shep(!), but I'm gonna call it like I see it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just a note about Craig:  I respect Craig slightly more for getting a degree out of a shitty law school than a prestigious one.  I didn't exactly go to Harvard Law, but I went to a good law school.  No one failed out of my law school class.  It's almost not a thing.  Third and fourth tier law schools on the other hand?  They are notorious for admitting as many people as possible, taking their tuition, and then trying to fail as many people as possible just before graduation, so that the school can report high bar passage rates for their alumnae to the governing bodies, attract more students, etc.  It's a widely known racket in the legal educational field. So Craig did well by graduating from an institution that created more barriers than a better law school would've IMO.

It's also not a little deal to pass a bar.  JFK Jr and Hillary Clinton both failed their first times around.  So Craig is either uncannily smart or he put the months required in to study.  Either way, I'm impressed.  I do meet a lot of lawyers who are not just stupid, but pathetically stupid, and I have my suspicions about them having even taken the bar, but if Craig took and passed a bar exam, he did something noteworthy with his intelligence and/or work ethic.  That can't be taken away, regardless of whether he makes good decisions in the future.  I haven't seen anyone else on this cast do anything of that caliber.  T-Rav becoming elected to state treasurer is the only other thing that comes to mind.  Oh, and if Shep got an advanced degree from Vanderbilt (not just a BA), that's big too.

Just for the record, and not to seem like I'm tooting my own horn via Craig, I think being an anesthesiologist is much more impressive than being a lawyer, and I am happy that Metul is taking that so seriously.

I'm happy for all their successes, even though I snark.  I think there is a good group here, even if they aren't all as rich or as embedded into Charleston society as we might like them to be.  I can't say I generally like the cast of many other shows.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Cam had a baby to make her husband happy.  He repeatedly asked her to have a baby and she gave in.  It's no surprise that Cam doesn't want to be a stay at home mom.  In fact, I'm not sure why she's even trying to be.  She and her husband are quite well off, her husband is gone quite a bit for work, so why not get a nanny?

I don't have kids myself but every friend I've had with kids has said to me at one point or another through the years that they wished they hadn't had kids.  EVERY. ONE.  Does that make them bad parents?  No, it makes them honest people.  Kids are hard, not everyone is cut out to be a parent (I wasn't).  That's ok.  Get a nanny, Cam!

I have never once wished to not have had children. Nor have I heard any of my friends express that sentiment. Maybe it's generational. 

• Love 6

Well, we can safely say that this season so far has been boring.  The guys bring nothing new, and pardon me, but I can’t stand Austin for some reason. None of them have an interesting story line.  Let’s admit it.  Thomas and Katherine were the show.  I binged on the first two seasons, and the show was red hot.  Like him or not, Thomas had a very big part and I miss him, even tho he’s a stupid ass for his age.  He was bedazzled by Katherine, and probably still is. I’m sure Whitney has the hots for her, but there’s Patricia.  Now that Thomas is gone, Whitney is a big part of the show.  The others have to step it up as there is nothing going on.  The guys don’t work and just sit around and drink, and the girls meet for lunch and gossip.  Eh!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Why does Craig only speak in monotone? Low energy/blah 24/7. He was much more lively in Season One. Depression? Drugs? 

Low testosterone is a possibility. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Low testosterone is a possibility. 

I really think he’s missing Naomi and Gizmo more than we think, even tho Naomi is a pain in the ass.  I don’t think she’s that happy with what’s his name either.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I really think he’s missing Naomi and Gizmo more than we think, even tho Naomi is a pain in the ass.  I don’t think she’s that happy with what’s his name either.

Well if I’m considering that...and I will...it seems to me then that he fixed up his place and got his life somewhat together to entice her to come back into his life. It backfired. He got it together, but she moved on. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Everyone making fun of Naomie's business last week were probably right.  I'm not sure how much business she's doing if she and her business partner can ditch work in the morning to have cocktails with "Charleston Influencers" at her parents' restaurant, which actuallly appears to be doing well.

I ordered a necklace off of Naomie's site last week.....a lot of things were sold out.  The necklace arrived within two days in super cute packaging.  She modeled a lot of the clothes on Labeye.       

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Danni posted the receipts on her Instagram account earlier today. 

Thank you for this though I guess it doesn't matter since they're still together? Or back together? Both of them have pics in Instagram within the last couple months together though nothing super recent. They're a disaster. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Cam wants to be a stay at home mom but thinks she’s too cool to admit it so she acts like she’s so put upon which sounds ingenious especially since she probably has help and can do as much or as little as she wants. She’s a yawn and has been for awhile. 

Yes, I get the feeling that the whole not wanting a kid the first couple of seasons was for storyline and the motherhood is sooooo hard is also one.  Other than that, what does she have?  She's a beautiful, tiny woman with a great life, great husband.  Her only real value to the show is being the Greek Chorus.  I do like Cam, but there's nothing messy about her so she's a rather boring reality star otherwise.  

• Love 7
(edited)
22 hours ago, Sterling said:

He's SOOO not.

17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am aware of that.  My point is that this boozy brunch appearance tends to indicate (not prove) that Naomie's business (not even going to try to pronounce it) is not taking off like wildfire.  I am just putting it out there, just in case something were to go down later in the season and she was to claim that she was working 16 hour days or something.

All I see is "labia."

Why is Naomi on this show?  What does she bring to the table?  She has an e-commerce business.. ok how does that translate to reality-show interesting???  I used to get a kick out of Shep, I love Craig, was grossly fascinated by Whitney. 

I was usually appalled by Kathryn and Thomas, but entertained!  I guess I am not happy with this new version of the show.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 7