Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Iron Throne

Message added by Athena

No Book Talk. AT ALL.

• Start Topic

For me, one of the bright spots of this season is that they didn't push the incest ship. Jon/Dany was revolting even when they didn't know; watching them continue to be lovey dovey after finding out would've turned my stomach. I'm a little mad that they ever went there at all.

• Love 5

Who wrote this:

Of course Sansa said it was the only way. As if she had predicted everything and only wanted to purge the world of evil Danny. The same Sansa who kept info just to be the winner of the Battle of the Bastards instead of John. And the same who had decided to hate Danny before meeting her and not to give her any credit for helping defeat the White Walkers. Sansas gets to be painted as a saint when her actions have made her grey at best.

But we have seen in this season that everyone loves Sansa and she is the smartest person in the world... 

The independance of the north is one thing but the excuse that they have seen too much... Have you seen King's Landing? 

Later, prisoner Tyrion opens his mouth once again and single handedly names a new king and new rules for the kingdom... and a bunch of losers are appointed at various posts. Obviously GW had a better handle on the situation and seemed serious and competent especially compared to the new regimes.

3 hours ago, Taget said:

As I said they were the competent ones.  Given the condition of the city when he left Grey Worm administered the city well.  He fought well.  In everything he did he was thoroughly competent.  Compare that to the literal gang of thieves who are now running Westeros in the small council.  They didn't fit in.  Not because they had dark skin.  But because they knew what the hell they were doing.

Grey Worm was in a lot of Danny's private meetings and even helped rule the city of Meereen when the Queen was away until Tyrion gave terrible orders GW did not agree with and everthing turned to crap.

Finally the lousy ones get to rule and their petty quibbles show that not everything will be rosy. I disliked the execution of it but I imagine that after a coup or a revolution, a lot of the people in charge may be thoroughly lacking for the job and close to what we saw.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, JoeyCrown said:

What exactly is there to watch for at the Nights WatchHow is there still a wall⁉️

The entire Wall wasn’t melted, just the section to the east.  

There is no need for a Night’s Watch as it previously was.  It’s open for Jon to define. 

• Love 3

I didn't watch this series until last year, so my perspective is more superficial than others. I'll just say that this last episode was bizarre in that at the start we are all dragged-out despair and earnest speechifying, and then at the end we have a motley crew joking about brothels. What an abrupt left turn.

Surely the northern queen and Jon were set up for some kind of follow-on event (movie, etc.) where they reunite and mount some kind of campaign....somewhere?

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Bali said:

Ok. One question. At the dragon pits, who was the guy between Edmure and Sam?

Ok. I lied more questions. Where are Gilly and Little Sam? Will Bran ever explain the 3ER? Bronn as Master of Coin? Where are the Dothraki? 

Oh wait- one of these was answered. Bronn is Master of Coin so we can get the We can rebuild the whore houses, but not the ships gag. In Valley Girl speak, "Uh, like gag me with a spoon."

But really, who is that between Edmure and Sam?

You could say that the attempts at humor in the dialogue in this episode were middle school level, but that would be an insult to 7th graders everywhere. Compared to earlier seasons, you can hardly believe it is the same show, and it kills any interest in watching anything by these writers again.

• Love 7

I agree that the non-existent chemistry between Harington and Clarke took away the power of their final scene together. I think we were supposed to feel Jon's pain as he killed the woman he loved. Instead all I could focus on was Harington unsuccessfully squeezing tears. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Lola82 said:

I liked the scene with Tyrian and his small council of friends. He finally has someone to tell jokes with. I believe he started telling the same joke he tried with Gray Worm a few seasons back.

He also tried to tell it as part of his "confession" at the Eyrie.  If we had finally gotten the punchline at least something of value would have come out of this dumpster fire of a season.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I didn't watch this series until last year, so my perspective is more superficial than others. I'll just say that this last episode was bizarre in that at the start we are all dragged-out despair and earnest speechifying, and then at the end we have a motley crew joking about brothels. What an abrupt left turn.

Surely the northern queen and Jon were set up for some kind of follow-on event (movie, etc.) where they reunite and mount some kind of campaign....somewhere?

It was just completely amateurish, wasn't it? Again, like 12 year olds given a writing assignment for a specific minimum of words, who realize, when they first complete it, that they are a thousand words short, so they start the next paragraph with "AND THEN THIS HAPPENED!.....", tacking on a word salad that has nothing to do with preceding paragraphs.

Who knows? Maybe the writers got back home from attending their first school dance with girls attending, and they suddenly realized their HBO assignment was due in the morning. Gosh, mom and dad were really pissed, and took away their phones for a week!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bali said:

No. I think the Dothraki went to Naath too. So, they unleashed the violent Dothraki on a people who have no way of defending themselves.

I don't see why they would go to Naath since Vales Dothrak is still around. They would have no reason to follow the Unsullied. They'll just run on home and go back to their regularly scheduled raping and pillaging. 

Actually, having the Dothraki mysteriously poof without and closure annoyed me too! After all, they were a big part of Dany's story. It's kind of an injustice really.

Edited by LongDistanceClara
Just to add....
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I can allow for the idea that since Daenerys put Tyrion in jail to stand trial, the unsullied and in particular, Gray worm, continue on that path.  But for them to arrest Jon and just have in a holding cell waiting for justice......too much of a stretch.  They've spent years risking their lives for their beloved queen.  They just meted out her "justice" all over town by murdering the few remaining soldiers in cold blood, after wiping out a city full of innocents and surrendered peoples.  The only logical conclusion at this point is that they have crossed into territory of being either or both bloodthirsty or/and fanatical follower.  That they would handle her death with stoicism and calmly walk around discussing how and when to exact justice on Jon defies belief.

Ditto the disappearing Dothraki.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Brienne writing about Jaime in the book was her job, I guess, but also a kindness. Two books appear in the episode. A thousand years from now the Kingsguard book would be a huge historical source. The book Sam brings in that Doesn’t mention Tyrion. i think Sam has found his life’s work, to write a history using original sources and his access to Bran. One that will tell the true story of this period of time. 

Because it is a slice of history we will never know What happens to Arya. Are Dragons breeding in Valaryia or did Drogan lay Dany down and die next to her? What happens in Naath? 

brienne would make a good mother. Tyrion a good father. Sansa seems like she won’t have children. Are we overseeing the deaths of the great houses? Probably, if Bran being unable to have children is a selling point. 

Throughout Jon is shown to be like ned, both as a leader and father, and as a bastard having his own family would mean a lot. He should have had winterfell. The only thing tyrion asks of him is no wife and family and that is an oath he will keep. 

Damn shame Jamie and Cersei ween’t a few feet over. 

I was sad there wasn’t another woman on the council. Sansa would have been a good choice. 

I think littlefinger used the brothels as a source of ready coin, both as gambling and places of prostitution. To the guys on the council they are like football or soccer, I think.  So getting them running create income. 

If we take apart this episode from the season, then we can say that it is a good one because actors play damnt well (so Kit) , cg and the photograpy are amazing also and i can say that story choices are not all bad (for example , how Drogon behaves) . On these they would had to work hard and they didn't do it. I'm watching again the first season with my girlfriend and the storytelling is too much better. Moreover  the real problem is a final like this should be came after six episode as more.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I was sad there wasn’t another woman on the council. Sansa would have been a good choice.  

But then she wouldn't be QITN.   Yara could have been there but she's probably happier staying on the Iron Islands.  Arya's off exploring and Gilly had already reached her episode quota so that's pretty much it for the living women. 

As for the next step - everyone has to start breeding!  Only Edmure has a kid and everyone else is single (well, except for Sam and possibly the Dornish prince). 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Towards the end I felt like a Jets fan. Just End the Season.

But because I invested so much energy into this series, I'll just mention the (very) few good things I had to say about the finale:

1) Jon killing Dany was very well-done cinematically. It was like the nephew kiss of death. I've gone enough into my feelings about the character assassination of Dany so I won't spend more time on it. I also liked the glow Dany got when she saw the Iron Throne. 

2) Drogon grieving and then burning the Iron Throne was good.

3) At least Ghost was reunited with Jon.

4) Loved seeing Tormund show up, still looking freshly sexed.

5) Most of all, Brienne shows that she's the best person in Westeros by writing in Jaime's book and still treasuring his memory. That was one moment that really pulled on the heartstrings.

As for the rest I have nothing good to say. Absolutely the worst shit show of a finale I can remember. Of all the horrible things about the finale, I'll just point out one really shitty part: all the Stark siblings are again separated and never to see each other again. Fuck that.

I don't think so. I think the winners of the GOT were Ned's children. 

Bran - King of the 6th kingdoms 

Sansa - Queen in the North, first of her name 

Jon - King beyond the Wall ala Mance Raider (in all but name) 

Arya - Queen Pirate. probably on her way to America now. 

When Arya is done traveling she probably will visit Bran, Sansa and Jon. 

Sansa and Jon are relatively close and probably will be the ones who see each other most frequently due to trade agreements and food supplies. 

Sansa no longer has to fear going to kings Landing because Bran is King so she probably visit every other year. 

I am just happy because I know this show has no happy endings but IMO it was a great tribute to parental nurturing, The Mad King had two children and they both turn into nutcases , Tywin was a really bad father and his two favorite children ended up dead. Ned had to suffer the scorn and bad jokes of every other noble house for being too honest and too noble, yet his children are the next generation in power. I have the feeling that they will do great, each of them on their own kingdom. They sure will bring honor to House Stark. 

Time for Wolves indeed! 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Bran is the King but he can't have children so when he dies, there won't be a Stark as a King of the 7th kingdoms, by getting Northern independence now, she assures that no matter who the King is for the other 6th kingdoms, the North will remain independent. 

50 years from now when Bran dies, a bunch of Jon / Aemon Wildling bastards will fight for the Wooden Throne and decide that Auntie Sansa is in their way...... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

The show was bad, really bad. When every five minutes I’m wondering how the heck such and such is happening that is not a good sign. Starting with, where the heck did Arya go on that white horse that we spent five full minutes on last week? She was still hanging around King’s landing horseless. How utterly pointless.

There is no way that the conversation between John and Tyrion, completely unattended, should have been allowed to take place. Ridiculous. 

Dont even get me started on that meeting where PRISONER TYRION ENDS UP PICKING THE DAMN KING. What on earth? And Grey Worm is just like, yeah, ok, that works. My 12 year old could have come up with better than this.

The small council scene was embarrassing in its jaw dropping stupidity. Jokes that weren’t funny, fucking Bronn as Master of Coin, that LOTR rip off Song of Ice and Fire book which was hilarious considering Martin can’t even finish the actual book. Oh my god. It was like televised extremely bad fan fiction. 

Color me shocked that anyone liked this. I can get behind the CGI and visuals as being good. They were, that’s obviously where all the money and thought went. But this show was never about that. It was great when it WASN'T about that.

Edited by Conotocarious
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really liked that Brienne finished Jaime's entry.

I really liked this scene.  I paused and read it a couple times to make certain I saw all the entry.  I like that she was factual, and listed all the good things he accomplished and didn't make excuses... he died defending his queen.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Really, Davos who wanted to give the little slaves some land for most of them losing their lives in the Long Night (and only because they were outnumbered) and tells them to raise families, when they have been cut and can't raise families??!!!  WTF ever  He was saying what he needed to save his and everyone else's ......a

But that's what you give soldiers.. What else was in his power to do?.. You can check my record I haven't been keen on representation on the show.. But this is how things are done in this world.. Its been how things were done in ours... He offered the reach.. That's some of the best land in all the known kingdoms... The unsullied were surrounded and were still part of the army who rampaged thru the streets killing Everyone... Offering Them that was kinda big.. Of course they didn't want it and were offended because they have different sensibilities than the westerosi... But I didn't see it as "throwing some trinkets at the colored folks" so to say

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Macbeth said:

It would have been nice if Meera Reed showed up as head of her family.  

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:
1 hour ago, Bali said:

At the dragon pits, who was the guy between Edmure and Sam?

In the interview with the new Prince of Dorne (on the previous page), the Toby Osmond said that there were four other roles available for "powerful men" so the guy sitting between Sam and Edmure must have been one of those nameless but powerful men.

Registered voters:

The North / Sansa Stark

The Vale / Robyn Arryn

The Riverlands / Edmure Tully

The Iron Islands / Yara Greyjoy

The Stormlands / Gendry Barratheon

The Westerlands / Tyrion Lannister

Dorne / Random Dornish Prince

The Reach / My best guess for unnamed guy, since Bronn hadn't been named Lord until after Bran was elected as King

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Well, that was a big ol' pile of stupid and dull.  The GOT I used to watch would have had Tyrion executed and Jon burned alive (or at least an attempted burning) by Drogon because that's the way this world works and those are the consequences they reaped.  At the very least, Grey Worm, the rest of the Unsullied and the Dothraki would have avenged Dany somehow or died trying.  But nah.  Everyone who was loyal to her is cool with her murder, one annoying family is in charge of everything, and all is hunky dory.  Hell, I even thought we might see Dany open a blue eye at the end, just to show that they didn't intend to go out in the most boring way possible.  

And as a non-Arya fan since day one, I hope her ship goes off course and winds up in the Iron Islands, where Yara cuts the petulant little brat's throat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Wendy said:

I don't think so. I think the winners of the GOT were Ned's children. 

I would argue that the Lannisters also won.  Cersie and Jamie died a romantic death with not one of the million  people who deserve revenge actually getting the be the one who kills them.  Tyrion gets to live and be the hand of the king, a king he handpicked.  A king who has absolutely no interest in ruling, so Tyrion will do it.  He's arguably the most powerful person in Westeros right now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, JunebugWA said:

So, the showrunners rather have a man who hasn't done much be a ruler than a woman who has fought her ways through blood, fire, and tears. The way they destroyed all the strong female characters horrible. Oh.. and Brienne still mooning over Jaime? Seriously? Girl, he ran back to his first and only love - his sister... Urgh

Did you miss the part where Yara ended up in charge of the Iron Islands, Sansa became Queen of the North, Arya became Christopher Columbus (hopefully without the enslaving part) and Brienne became Captain of the King's Guard? The Only woman who got destroyed was the one who decided to be Medieval Hitler.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, Conotocarious said:

fucking Bronn as Master of Coin

"I've never borrowed money before, I'm not clear on the rules."

"Well the basic principle is that I lend you money and after an agreed upon period of time, you return it- with interest."

"And what if I don't?"

Solid choice, Bran the Broken and his Broken Hand.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I'm really worried about how people have forgotten all inp's wrongs and badness, how is it possible that he became the king's hand again? Bran is not better than others and has done practically nothing. Furthermore jon was the true heir, who tried to always make the best decisions, which he fought for everyone and for reward he was condemned to exile practically.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Butless said:

Why the smug face, Bran?

This kid. They give the throne to this smug little fuck? The youngest person there? The one with the LEAST humanity? So he knows "stories"? How does that make him fit to rule over so many people's best interests? As has been said several times before, he didn't lift a finger to help anyone; to convey anything. 

I actually liked this episode, but hated that they all agreed to give the throne to Bran.  He has the personability of a milkdud and I just dont see him reigning in all the strong personalities.  I guess they are showing Tyrion is really running operations in a consensus building way with the rest of council...  but like I said the personality of paste does not exactly encourage loyalty.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I agree that the non-existent chemistry between Harington and Clarke took away the power of their final scene together. I think we were supposed to feel Jon's pain as he killed the woman he loved. Instead all I could focus on was Harington unsuccessfully squeezing tears. 

A CGI dragon managed to show more love for Dany than Jon. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, Wendy said:

I am just happy because I know this show has no happy endings but IMO it was a great tribute to parental nurturing, The Mad King had two children and they both turn into nutcases , Tywin was a really bad father and his two favorite children ended up dead. Ned had to suffer the scorn and bad jokes of every other noble house for being too honest and too noble, yet his children are the next generation in power. I have the feeling that they will do great, each of them on their own kingdom. They sure will bring honor to House Stark. 

👍🙌💘

• Love 2
9 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Let’s give it to Sophie, that girl has elevator eyes and side eyes.  Damn, imagine when she’s a mom.  

Poor Edmure LOL but he did what several of his relative didn't ... survived LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Lokiberry said:

The Only woman who got destroyed was the one who decided to be Medieval Hitler.

Medieval Simon Bolivar. 

4 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Cersie and Jamie died a romantic death with not one of the million  people who deserve revenge actually getting the be the one who kills them.

And they looked fucking amazing considering "a castle fell on them."  It actually looked like there was more rubble under them than over them, and they managed to die cuddling.  Luckily Jamie had the good sense to shove his golden hand out so as to be easily spotted.

My only gripe about this finale was that we spent what seemed like 4 hours watching Tyrion walk in silence to find two people whose stories were finished last week. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

Well, that was a big ol' pile of stupid and dull.  The GOT I used to watch would have had Tyrion executed and Jon burned alive (or at least an attempted burning) by Drogon because that's the way this world works and those are the consequences they reaped.  At the very least, Grey Worm, the rest of the Unsullied and the Dothraki would have avenged Dany somehow or died trying.  But nah.  Everyone who was loyal to her is cool with her murder, one annoying family is in charge of everything, and all is hunky dory.  Hell, I even thought we might see Dany open a blue eye at the end, just to show that they didn't intend to go out in the most boring way possible.  

And as a non-Arya fan since day one, I hope her ship goes off course and winds up in the Iron Islands, where Yara cuts the petulant little brat's throat.

That was the most funniest review I read. Spot on, my friend.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, rozen said:

Wow, they really picked the most useless person in Westeros to make king. They'll be conquered in under a century, while pop pop Bran uselessly watches his time traveling showtunes.

This!  lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Anyone else think Brienne was gonna write, “Survived by his son/daughter”? No? Just me? 

Yes and I was SO glad when she didn't.

Did Brienne know Kingslayer died (trying to) protecting his queen or did she think she was making it up to make him look good?

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess we have Jaime to thank for Tyrion not growing up to be a sociopath which has turned out to be fortunate for Westeros.

As for Brienne, presumably she found out from Tyrion and/or efforts to clean up the site of the Red Keep.

Edited by chrisvee
Added further comment
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ShellsandCheese said:

Nope. She was an ambitious women and got sick of apologizing for it. You notice the only woman who got what she wanted was the one who said being raped and abused made her stronger. 

I understand where you come from with this...as a woman. THAT being said, Dany absolutely went mad. That look on her face when she ranted and raved about freeing everyone (including those in Winterfell), and breaking the wheel? Enjoy your victory for a sec, damn. 

Yes, in the past, Dany has always ruled with force first until someone was able to talk some sense into her. However...she never seemed quite so...unhinged. Her entire face was different when she delivered that speech. 

I understand grief, but she already destroyed King's Landing (and plenty of innocent women and children) in retaliation. 

This wasn't a woman taking power and everyone saying that she is crazy. She was LEGITIMATELY acting crazy. If a man did what she did and left King's Landing in the ashes like that after they surrendered, I'd be calling him mad as well. 

• Love 18

It sure seems as if they set things up for an Arya spin off; "How a Stark won The West". However, I assume that Ms. Williams, a good actor, has made good money the past decade, and residuals will provide a terrific future income stream. I also assume that she hasn't blown much in nightclubs, and won't have 3 expensive divorces in the next 20 years.

If she watches this season, especially the last 3 episodes, and decides to work with these writers again, for any reason other than a pure cash grab, she's making a huge mistake, if she really wants to have a diverse career.

• Love 3

What do three of the most powerful people in Westeros (Bran, Tyrion, Sansa) have in common?

Not one of them lifted a finger to save humanity from eternal winter.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Francie said:

My favorite part:

Brienne writing Jaime’s good deeds in the White Book. At least one person found him honorable. 

And such penmanship!

Unfortunately, at one angle of a shot, you could see the guides for the printing. But I didn't mind too much.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

What do three of the most powerful people in Westeros (Bran, Tyrion, Sansa) have in common?

Not one of them lifted a finger to save humanity from eternal winter.   

Sansa saved Jon Snow from defeat at Winterfell by bringing Littlefinger. He was too stupid.

• Love 7

Did we ever find out what that white horse was all about?  Arya rode off on him at the end of the last episode, but was on foot when this one began.  Was it a hallucination?

I think maybe Drogon sensed the Targaryen in Jon—and Jon had ridden a dragon so they knew Dany was okay with him.  Maybe that’s why he didn’t incinerate him.

Bran almost had an expression for a minute.

Tyrion must be a little OCD...he put all the chairs just so and then grimaced when everyone moved them.  I thought that was funny.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, laprin said:

Grey Worm also never let Dany down, which is why I don’t understand how Jon and Tyrion were not killed out of loyalty to his queen. 

I'm hearing lots of people coming to his defense saying that he was a soldier, not a ruler, and had no call to kill them without orders.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

But that's what you give soldiers.. What else was in his power to do?.. You can check my record I haven't been keen on representation on the show.. But this is how things are done in this world.. Its been how things were done in ours... He offered the reach.. That's some of the best land in all the known kingdoms... The unsullied were surrounded and were still part of the army who rampaged thru the streets killing Everyone... Offering Them that was kinda big.. Of course they didn't want it and were offended because they have different sensibilities than the westerosi... But I didn't see it as "throwing some trinkets at the colored folks" so to say

Thats how many Revolutionary War soldiers were paid for their services, Many got land in places like Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. My Revolutionary War ancestors settled near Columbus Ohio

• Love 2
(edited)

It's basically come back around full circle, where the council makes decisions for a King who isn't interested at all in sitting in on the meetings or helping to rule. Used to be Bobby B, now it's Bran the B. 

It really did feel like fanfiction. 

Edited by Kate47
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Thanks to low expectations, I thought this was a decent enough; maybe even good; finale that ended things in a somewhat logical way.  But still, I feel like this could have been better and even great if they didn't just rush all of this these past few episodes and actually spent time on the build-up.

Because, again, I do think Dany becoming the person she always hated is a dark, bittersweet ending for her, but I wish we had more time seeing her really cross that line.  I wish we just had more moments seeing how all of her losses (Jorah, Missandei, her dragons) took a toll on her, and turned her into a brutal tyrant.  But, again, it just ended up feeling like they died an episode ago and she was like "Whelp, peacemaker was fun, but it's time to let the blood-letting commence.  Burn baby burn!"  I guess I'm glad that they did show that she wasn't a full-fledge "mad" tyrant like her relatives and she truly deluded herself into thinking she was a champion of the people, and that the ends justified the means.  And there was simply no way for her to come back from it.  But all of it feels like wasted potential.

Still, her death scene was well done and Drogon's reaction was heartbreaking.  I hope the poor dragon has a happy life.  And, again, I really do think Emilia Clarke did some of her best work yet this season, but I wish the writing was just better.  I sadly feel like she'll never get her due because of it.

So, yeah, I'm guessing Jon just really can't lie, because since no one was around, he really could have been like "It was nuts, guys!  Drogon just burn the Iron Throne, took Dany, and bailed!  It was gnarly, man!"  Instead, he is sent to the Night's Watch in order to appease Grey Worm, but it really looks like he's just going to join Tormund (and Ghost!) and be a Wilding.  A fitting end, I guess.  Maybe he'll even meet someone who isn't his aunt! Or go full-blown fantasy service and discover Ygriette had a secret twin this entire time!

So... Bran wins the Game of Thrones?  Kind of?  He is elected king of the sixth realms, while Sansa will maintain the north.  While Arya goes off and becomes a pirate, I guess.  Despite all of the show's darkness and bitter "realism", the Starks pretty much come out ahead easily.  The Lannisters are reduced to one person that everyone hates, the Baratheons are just one guy that will probably just whatever Queen Sansa says while pining for Arya, and everyone else is obsolete.  I guess it does pay to be the good family!

Tyrion did manage to fall upwards though, by not only basically getting everyone to elect who he wanted while in chains, but even is the Hand again!  Sure, he might not like that part, but not bad for someone that is almost feeling like the Ted Cruz of Westeros!  Not sure what to make of the rest of the council though.  Sam and Davos (yay!) make sense and Brienne too, but freaking Bronn as Master of Coin?!  I enjoy him (and love Jerome Flynn), but that decision just seems baffling to me.

Damn, gold star to Peter Dinklage for actually making me feel for Jaime/Cersei's deaths, despite not really liking how all of that came about.  He sure seems to be gunning for a final Emmy!

Davos continues to be the best with the way he was like "Seriously, enough of the death threats and shit!  This is getting tedious!  Do I have to cut off more fingers until y'all shut the hell up?!" during the bickering.  You truly are a decent man, Onion Knight!

Edmure!  Was not expecting his return and even if it was mainly for comedic reasons, I'm always down for more Tobias Menzies!  I wonder if this was filmed around the time of The Crown, since he did seems to be sporting a Prince Phillip look.  Also took me a few to recognize Robyn!

All in all, this show didn't completely work out like I hope it did, but I don't regret the eight seasons/ten or so years I invested in it, and there is no denying the production values and directing was top notch.  And the cast was close to perfection, with highlights featuring the current crop like Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Emilia Clarke, and Maisie Williams, to the ones from the past like Natalie Dormer, Pedro Pascal, Jack Gleeson, Diana Rigg, Sean Bean, and; my personal favorite; Charles Dance as Tywin.  Hell, I'll still give David & D.B. credit for what they did accomplish throughout the show.  But in the end, it didn't fully deliver, and I'm really curious to see how the spin-offs will fare since the show seem to take a hit this year.  If nothing else, D&D better stay off the internet for the next few months, because they're probably some of the most polarizing show-runners of all time.

This post is everything.  I agree with just about every word.  

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Drogo said:

"I've never borrowed money before, I'm not clear on the rules."

"Well the basic principle is that I lend you money and after an agreed upon period of time, you return it- with interest."

"And what if I don't?"

Solid choice, Bran the Broken and his Broken Hand.

Apparently they're fans of Casino

[Nicky] had a fool-proof scheme, all right. It wasn't very scientific but it worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. What were they gonna do? Muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle - Ace Rothstein

• Love 3