Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Iron Throne

Message added by Athena

No Book Talk. AT ALL.

• Start Topic

I remember posting in a speculation thread years ago that I thought "the stallion that mounts the world" was Daenerys' war machine of Unsullied, Dothraki, and dragons. I originally included ships in there, but that was before Euron captured the Iron Fleet. I thought "breaking the wheel" was going to be democracy or a republic. I also remember saying that Daenerys was a great general, but a terrible queen. Every time she tried to govern, things went seriously sideways. She never knew what she was doing when it came to that. At best, an extra episode would have had a beat where Jon tried to get her to deal with the business of ruling Westeros and Daenerys would launch into her plans to "free" the rest of the world.

49 minutes ago, lucindabelle said:

dany up until this season was never a sadist. 

That's not completely true. She's done or been present during some pretty sadistic things and never really batted an eyelash. The real issue is that the show framed her actions in opposition to people whose actions the audience would view as objectively worse so the audience never had cause to wonder how "good" Daenerys' really were. She burned Mirri Maz Duur alive, she murdered everyone in Astapor who wasn't a slave regardless of whether they owned slaves, and in Meereen, she indiscriminately crucified 163 masters in response to 163 Meereenese slave children being crucified. Unfortunately, she crucified masters who were vehemently against the crucifixion. She's never been judicious and always been a bit barbarous. It's always been that her enemies were so much worse: an abusive incestuous brother, people who wanted to steal her dragons and imprison her, slavers, and undead ice zombies who wanted to kill everyone. Daenerys and the audience know that Cersei is a monster who wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice the populace to save herself. However, Dany has a teaspoon of give a shit for anyone in Westeros who isn't Jon.

The only reason anyone knows that Jon killed Daenerys is because Jon told them. There was very little visibility on that day and it's not like Dany doesn't have a history of just hopping on a dragon and disappearing for awhile. She did it when she was attacked by the Sons of the Harpy and when she decided to go north of the wall to help on the wight hunt. Had Jon not been honest and Ned Stark's "son," he could have easily convinced everyone that Daenerys took off to find more lands to "free."

• Love 13

I still don't understand why they couldn't have done 7 Kingdoms with their own local governments but also have a grand government for matters that concern all 7 Kingdoms. The arrangement with 6 Kingdoms and an independent North makes little sense, not on the basis it was proposed. Did D&D seriously forget that it wasn't just Northern or Dany's troops that defended against the Walkers? Why weren't Yara and Royce/Robin protesting and saying 'hey, our people fought too. we deserve independence as well.'?

Instead now Westeros is a surveillance state and Bran/3ER is Skynet. And everyone happily submitted to that. And the whole 'I'm going to find Drogon' from 3ER sounded very much like 'I have to find the nuke in case I need it.'

Bronn being on the council will never not be bonkers in it's level of stupidity. The guy who himself said he doesn't do books (master of coin is all about keeping books) and to whom Tyrion needed to explain the concept of debt. So Tyrion names him Master of Coin, of course.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, taurusrose said:

2.  Maybe just you.  It doesn't cross my mind that whenever a woman has sex she'll get pregnant.  

the woman had sex more than once with a man who died and it was th series finale. Not exactly crazy to think she might have gotten pregnant.

It didn't cross my mind that Brienne was pregnant with Jaime's child because of this ^ and because it is such a trite, soap opera-esque think to do.

It would be, but this show is a soap opera (well, if you consider any continuing drama a soap, and I do, to a certain extent, because primetimes shows used to be distinct from soaps for not being continuing drama, but that's a whole other conversation), and occasion, it has been trite.

Speaking of trite, corny things, how is Tyrion not mention in the, uh, "Song of Ice and Fire"? Do they gloss over the death of Joffrey?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The only reason anyone knows that Jon killed Daenerys is because Jon told them. There was very little visibility on that day and it's not like Dany doesn't have a history of just hopping on a dragon and disappearing for awhile

There was a lot of blood on the floor.

(edited)

I liked it, surprisingly. I guess the last few episodes lowered my expectations. I was satisfied with the fates of most of the characters.

The writing of Daenerys this season will always be questioned but Emilia Clarke was truly great this season and the last two episodes.

Poor Edmure. Had to be checked by his own niece.

Love the new King's Council.

Favorite part where Samwell basically created the concept of democracy in Westeros and everybody laughed!

Yay, Jon got to pet Ghost!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

It reminded me of the speech in Woody Allen's movie Bananas when the revolutionary leader becomes the leader and starts making absurd demands like everyone wearing their underwear on the outside.

Btw, I like how Bran leaving the council at the end was like a kid making an excuse to go to his room and play videogames or get high.

Why the smug face, Bran?

This kid. They give the throne to this smug little fuck? The youngest person there? The one with the LEAST humanity? So he knows "stories"? How does that make him fit to rule over so many people's best interests? As has been said several times before, he didn't lift a finger to help anyone; to convey anything. He thank's Theon and gives him a stilted compliment right before he knows the guy is going to give up his life to keep his creepy ass alive, which is miles better than he was to  the women who carted his ass around everywhere and saved his life numerous time, the wilding and the  frogeater. He's always warging around and leaving the plane all the other people are living on, whenever the mood strikes him, which is so irresponsible and unreliable. This creepy kid who was telling everyone in Winterfell that he wasnt a man, or  Bran anymore... was that just pranks?  Since becoming a tree, Non-Bran has shown less humanity than Gregor after maester Frankenstein brought him back to life. At least that monster protected Cersei and was loyal to her.

Edited by Butless
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
(edited)
12 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

That is why I am so frustrated with Tyrion's ending. Dany WAS listening to him. She WAS committed to not being Queen of Ashes.

But then Tyrion and Varys both betrayed her after Tyrion kept giving her crappy advice to protect his sister. Dany had good reason to become paranoid and isolated and trust only herself and her own instincts. Everyone WAS really out to get her, and listening to other people only got her friends and allies killed. So while yes, only Dany is to blame for her decisions, Tyrion is to blame for eroding trust with and isolating a ruler with dragons. That isn't someone who should be rewarded with more responsibility and power for other people's lives.

And everything with Brienne was sweet, but Jamie and Cersei both got far nicer endings than they deserved. They are the two who started this whole chaos because of their incestuous, deceitful love and willingness to harm children.

The gender and racial/xenophobia representational issues in the show also ended up  infuriating.

ETA: Forgot to add that I'm super disappointed the show went the bizarre King Bran route rather than dissolving the Seven Kingdoms. 

Exactly.  Here paranoia was more than justified.  In fact if anything she wasn't paranoid enough.  She knew exactly what would happen if Jon said anything yet she chose to trust Jon.  Big mistake.

As for dissolving the Seven Kingdoms.  Given the spectacularly incompetent Tyrion was made hand of the king and that he is surrounding himself with people like Bronn, you have Lords with utterly no experience or any perceived competence like Edmure Tully and Arya's boytoy, and you still have a huge Dothraki horde running around Westeros I see that already as a given.  Westeros is doomed.

12 hours ago, seawind said:

Well. That was that. At least it didn't make me want to vomit like last week's ep.

So, just a few quick questions before I say goodbye to this show:

• How in the FUCK did they all know that Jon stabbed Daenerys? Are we supposed to assume that he told them himself? I guess that IS a very Jon thing to do.

This is actually pretty easy.  We saw from the way Jon looked that he not only expected but looked forward to being burned alive.  I saw Drogon not burning him alive as functionally giving the sad sack the finger and saying death was too good for him.  Jon I am sure confessed and probably had little choice in the matter.  With him being the last person in the room and there being blood on the ground a, "I don't know, Dany went on a dragon joyride" excuse simply was not going to cut it.  Particularly since the competent people around Dany (the ones with a darker complexion) really did not trust him.  And their distrust was more than proven.

11 hours ago, Butless said:

The brown people not only leave racist Westros, they literally sail away in a boat to an island. 

Holding my head, here.

As I said they were the competent ones.  Given the condition of the city when he left Grey Worm administered the city well.  He fought well.  In everything he did he was thoroughly competent.  Compare that to the literal gang of thieves who are now running Westeros in the small council.  They didn't fit in.  Not because they had dark skin.  But because they knew what the hell they were doing.

10 hours ago, Black Knight said:

But her overthrow here was too fast and easy - one conversation with Tyrion and then one scene with Dany where she conveniently doesn't have any guards with her. And then instead of playing out the beats of her death becoming known, the reactions of everyone, the politicking that would have started, they just skipped straight ahead to a council of the major lords and ladies.

Slight observation.  Jon had to turn over all his weapons before speaking with Tyrion in a prison cell.  But got to keep his weapons while visiting the Queen alone.  What is wrong with this picture?  This why Dany needed Jorah.  He would've smelled this out.

Edited by Taget
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Butless said:

This kid. They give the throne to this smug little fuck? The youngest person there? The one with the LEAST humanity?

Of all the characters on the show, I think Bran is the one I despised the most - even more so than the villains, because at least they had entertainment value. There is no one I would have loved to have seen get flambeed by dragons more than this creepy inert turd.

I am trying to console myself with the fact that he's basically an inhuman supercomputer who will hopefully be put to good use by a wiser council.

But yeah, it sucks that he wound up with the crown. He couldn't even stay and participate at his own small council meeting. I guess he had to go off and warg or some shit.

Fuck Bran.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Possibly the best moment was Sansa going all Chris Hansen with her useless uncle - yeah, why don't you have a seat over there?

I had to laugh when Edmure tried to add being a veteran of two wars as one of his qualifications for king. Dude, you can't even shoot an arrow and hit a target so STFU. And didn't he spend most of those two wars being held prisoner (after screwing up Robb's original plan)?

I know that Brienne wanted to honor Jaime by remembering his good deeds but saying he "escaped imprisonment" seems a bit of an exaggeration. He didn't so much escape as he was released by Tyrion.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Boooooringgg!!  And I thought the ending to LOTR was long and drawn out. 

Great, now I'm picturing the small council jumping up and down on a bed and having a pillow fight.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

Of all the characters on the show, I think Bran is the one I despised the most - even more so than the villains, because at least they had entertainment value. There is no one I would have loved to have seen get flambeed by dragons more than this creepy inert turd.

I am trying to console myself with the fact that he's basically an inhuman supercomputer who will hopefully be put to good use by a wiser council.

But yeah, it sucks that he wound up with the crown. He couldn't even stay and participate at his own small council meeting. I guess he had to go off and warg or some shit.

Fuck Bran.

He said he was going to find the dragon. I thought his eyes were going to turn hard boiled eggs again, right there at the table.

Im trying to think of an instance where he showed some human compassion to anyone, since he returned to Winterfell. Remember, everyone, when he creepily told his older sister that she looked lovely on her wedding day and intimated that saw her being raped by Ramsay? Yeah. Tyrion, in his infinite wisdom, literally picks the creepiest goth kid brother in all of Westros to rule over them all.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Apparently Jon Snow is the slowest walker in the world. He left Grey Worm to kill all the remaining Lannister soldiers one slit throat at a time, yet when he arrived at the stairs Grey Worm was already there. We also saw Arya creeping around behind the Dothraki and the Unsullied down on the ground while Jon was striding through them and by the time he got to the top of the stairs, she was standing right next to him.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Calamity Jane said:

My son told me last week in separate conversations that Jon would end up in the north with Ghost, and that Bran would end up king. Didn’t believe either prediction. Now I want to know where he figured it out. 

Not to doubt your son's powers of speculation, but all this( leaked a while ago. And by the end of last week's episode, it was pretty clear the leak was accurate. He may have stumbled across it on social media somewhere.

• Love 6

41 minutes ago, Taget said:

This why Dany needed Jorah.  He would've smelled this out.

It might have ended better as him dying helped make her cray, also he wouldn't have advised her to rush carelessly to KL. That was her fatal error and the last straw.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Apparently Jon Snow is the slowest walker in the world. He left Grey Worm to kill all the remaining Lannister soldiers one slit throat at a time, yet when he arrived at the stairs Grey Worm was already there. 

Or Grey Worm is actually "Nightcrawler" and teleports around .......

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Helena Dax said:

I also guess the Iron Islands will want their independence too, especially with Yara pissed by Dany's death.

Since Dany said she would let Yara be Queen of the Iron Islands back in S6 (6.9: Battle of the Bastards), I was really surprised that Yara didn't pipe up about it when Sansa said the North would be separate from Westeros.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Best shot of the whole episode. Dany became a dragon. 

I think she was meant to also look like a demon.

Edited by Butless
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

He was there, and he and Arya weren't together?  Another disappointment, then.

Pretty disappointed they didn't have him give Storm's End to Davos and follow up on what he said to Arya in 8x04. The guy hated highborns and didn't know how to be a Lord, so it would have been fighting To have him be with the Lady who doesn't want to be one, but I guess they needed to show Arya was a lone wolf forever. That and they never cared about the character after s3.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Raachel2008 said:

Dany was totally 110% convinced she had freed the people of Westeros. The very same people she burned alive. 

Maybe Ghengis Khan believed that, too. Either way, he did change Europe, if like they say, 1:10 people an trace back to him. History doesnt hold quite as judgmental an attitude as tv audiences do for conquerors.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Francie said:

You know, this is all Jorah Mormont’s fault. If he hadn’t stopped that wine merchant ... 

his niece and the rest of Westeros would still be alive. 

No, they would all be part of the Army of the Dead.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Butless said:

Anyone who lives with a bird knows that this is just how they wake up.

Dany didn't think she needed guards - she had her big ole dog.

3 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

The only time I felt like crying was when Drogon tried to wake his mama.

Mama's not coming back, Drogon. *SNIFF*!

Dragons are supposed to be very intelligent - Drogon knew the damn throne killed mama. Sniff Jon and recognize a Targ.

2 hours ago, merrick715 said:

Why do you think Sansa's not going to have kids? The last we see of Sansa is her coronation. There is no reason her first order of business won't be to select herself a husband. What better way to solidify her rule, than select a second or third son from a Northern house, and have a few Stark children. There's a certain sense of poetry to having the least Stark child not only rule the North but continue the Stark family name. 

Robin. Lotsa knights and she could boss him endlessly.

2 hours ago, magdalene said:

To me Sansa's coronation came across very much as she has become the Virgin Queen -destined to a life of power and loneliness. Like Good Queen Bess who could never marry because a husband would have taken her power.

Dany's final grandiose speech was very much Triumph Of The Will.  And Hitler would have loved her look.

Robin I say. Pretty and easily whipped or disposed of.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Why is Brienne on the Small Counc il? Isn't she oathbound to Sansa? She could be Sansa's hand.  Sansa may need her for protection. Also why was she voting for the new king? Is she Lord of something now? (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Brienne, but I don't love her on the small council.)

Brienne got to vote on the new king because she was one of the few houses left in Westeros. As far as I remember, her father is still alive but he probably didn't want to make the journey. Brienne is his sole surviving child so she represents House Tarth. As for why she's on the Small Council instead of with Sansa at Winterfell, she was wearing the armor that indicated she is now head of the Kingsguard and she was writing in the Book of Brothers, which is the duty of the Lord Commander. Like Arya, Brienne was never going to be happy and fulfilled being the lady of a castle so I was happy that she had something to do that suited her. I don't think she would have been happy at Winterfell longterm. She would have been freezing her ass off and now that the North has independence and there is peace, Brienne would have ended up being a glorified security guard which would bore her.

5 hours ago, Mystery said:

I thought that the pacing was terrible, starting off with watching Tyrion take HOW MANY STEPS to finding Jaime and Cersei. The director knew that this was the last episode, right?

I KNOW! So many plot points and storylines felt rushed, but apparently we have time to watch Tyrion walk all the way down the stairs, get a torch, walk through the tunnels, etc. Same thing with Jon walking up the stairs.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MadameKillerB said:

Up thread, the opinion is that Sansa's coronation gown looked like Cersei. But I think it was a dress that showed all the female influence in her life. I see some Maergary in that gown and your post reminded me. I think the dress and her throne chair, all of it, was very much Sansa creating her own image of herself as QitN. She has learned from so many and now she is taking all that she learned to rebrand.

I have mostly seen Cersei in Sansa's mannerisms and dress since season 7. Sansa's life experience has left her cold and detached in a way that Margaery never was. Of all the influences in her training I see Margaery the least in Sansa.

I would have liked to have seen her a few years into being QITN. The Northerners are a pain to rule but Sansa has a very dark streak inside her and I can see her becoming a Northern Cersei in time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

How does Sansa know Bran can't father children, by the way? His 🍆 isn't paralyzed as well, is it?

Bran is the King of TMI when it comes to who's f*cking who.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Leroux said:

I am sure Jon will be sometimes at Castle Black and just spend a few weeks there but his real home will be with the wildings. 

It was mainly done to appease Grey Worm and company but maybe Tyrion played a little bit on how little the Unsullied and Dotraki know about Westeros culture and how the NW basically has ceased to exist, so all the more power to Jon. The wildings already respect him and admire him. Tormunds gets to be his right hand.

I assumed that the way Tyrion et al sold it to the Dothraki and Unsullied was something along the lines of "Remember that horrible place up north where you battled against the wights? Cold as shit, lots of snow? That's like the worst place in the world and we're going to send Jon Snow there."

6 hours ago, Raachel2008 said:

Sansa will NEVER give anyone a hold in the North, and if she ever does, Jon is the very last person of the list.

While I understand that Sansa's goal was regaining independence for the North, it seems that none of the remaining Starks are going to have children, so what is she planning for the North after she dies? I'm not saying that she has to get married (although I do think that of the Starks we have left, she seems the most likely to have kids out of duty, even if it means conceding to a husband and occasional sex) but who will rule the North in a few decades? Is she just hoping that Robyn will have some (non-weird) kids who can take over?

6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

In between Dany's death and the Three-Eyed Hamster being named King, who the hell was running the city? Where were people getting food? Who was treating the injured? Who kept order? It's not like the Dothraki are a warm and fuzzy bunch. If the last episode hadn't happened, you'd never guess 2/3 of King's Landing got torched along with its' inhabitants.

When Dany and Jon were in the Throne Room I couldn't help but think they might want to get a structural engineer to check out the Red Keep. I'd imagine the foundation was toast at that point.

Seriously. Apparently all they needed was someone to sweep up and everything was fine. We saw a dragon setting everything in sight ablaze and knocking over walls with its touch, but somehow the chair for the Hand of the King survived, as did the Book of Brothers.

5 hours ago, Popples said:

I need to know who this actor is.

Toby Osmond

• Love 7

I'm pretty sure that in that first season after Bran falls either Robb or Ned or someone laments how now Bran will never be able to be married or father children, so I think EVERYONE knew and it wasn't a secret.

• Love 3
(edited)

If you are a selfish asshole, only out for your own gain, switch allegiances depending on who pays you the most and have no scruples...you will get a castle, Lordship and even an entire Kingdom.

If you are selfless, honorable, work your ass off to protect people and the entire world, try to make people understand that the game of thrones is nonsense and do the right thing by killing a tyrant...you will get banished for life to appease people who aren't from Westeros, killed Westerosi and who don't even stay in Westeros. And by your 'brother' no less.

Let this be a life lesson dear children.

Edited by Smad
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Popples said:

So Grey Worm left to go to Naath (aww), but did the Dothraki leave? Because Dany was the only one who could keep them in check.

No. I think the Dothraki went to Naath too. So, they unleashed the violent Dothraki on a people who have no way of defending themselves.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Well, that was a whole of bunch nothing. Well, this season wasn't that good, so let's be honest about that.

I didn't watch the final episode but watched the live stream. I think people who liked it are being confused by the good acting because from here I was sitting the logic was out the window. 

Why did Jon kill Dany when, really, the better choice would have been Drogon? What if after killing Dany, Drogon just went on a rampage? 

Why did Drogon not kill Jon? 

Why did Drogon burn the iron throne?

Why did Gray Worm do nothing?

Why would anyone pick Brann to run the seven (oops 6) kingdoms? He is a teenager with a weird power no one understands?

Why would anyone pick Tyrion to do anything... he was a traitor to his last queen and also an idiot. 

Does anyone have any faith that this group of chuckle heads will run the show any better?

So the lord of light brought Jon back to take out Dany? But Jon -- your too late. You let her kill millions. Lord of light should have revoked his life.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Kate47 said:

Jon and Tormund are out there starting their relationship and their free range organic dairy farm.

I can't hate.

Hahaha, that reminded me of this:

5 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Gotta have somebody to make coffee

(Early in grad school, as the only female, I got asked to make coffee.  I didn't drink coffee and had no idea. First time it was so dilute you could read a newspaper through it.  Second time, nobody got to sleep until the next day.  Third time the coffee make blew the circuit  and fourth time the coffee maker heating element caught fire.   did put it out with a fire extinguisher as someone ran for the fuse box.} I've earned my right to joke about this

Mr. EB's brother has jokingly but also seriously said that sometimes the way to get out of doing something is to be completely terrible at it. But yes, it's sadly true that it's the females who are usually asked/expected to do things like make coffee, take notes, order food, clean up, etc. in a situation where everyone is on equal footing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

If Bran can see the future, he must know that his time on the throne is short.  The people will not follow such an uninspiring, and uninterested leader for long. First challenge by anyone even slightly dynamic and he's done. Tyrion is an amazing character that's fun to watch, but he makes absolute shit decisions and recommendations, including this one.

If Bran can't see what's going down soon, Sansa  sure can.  "Ummm.....hell, no, we'll just rule ourselves in the North.  Thanks anyway."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

But Beachdreamer, there is no "future," no "soon." Fiction ends when it ends!

Who will watch the Prequel series,  knowing it's Bran at the end? 

And thank you, Yahoo, for spoiling the ending on your Home page last night. NOT 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Raachel2008 said:

He is Jon Snow. He would neve do that. 

That's my point. They know Jon killed Daenerys because he told them and didn't try to cover his tracks. He's constantly honor and duty bound even to his detriment: he promises to kill Qhorin Halfhand to infilitrate the Wildlings and he does it, but many consider him a traitor for doing so. He lets the Wildlings cross the Wall and gets killed, he tries to protect his siblings and nearly dies, they make him king (a title he doesn't want) and he bends the knee to save everyone from the white walkers and they're pissed, and he eschews love and fealty to kill Daenerys who was beginning to become a tyrant and execute or banish him. Jon will always make choices that negatively impact himself above others.

• Love 7
(edited)

Meh finale.  I am just done with this show.

All of the craps lead to Jon living north of the wall with Ghost and Tormund.  I called that one in every iteration of my speculation in the speculation thread.

Everything else, my speculated endings were much better than this finale.   I mean what was the subversion of expectation?  That Sansa is QotN ?  That the line of Starks ended here?  That no dragon ever breath fire to Jon for no apparent reason?  That Bran got to be a king by sitting down the entire season? 

And whatever happen to those ever re-spawning Dothrakis ?  They and their horses keep multiplying AFTER the death killed most of them..

Whatever   

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

If Bran can see the future, he must know that his time on the throne is short.  The people will not follow such an uninspiring, and uninterested leader for long. First challenge by anyone even slightly dynamic and he's done. Tyrion is an amazing character that's fun to watch, but he makes absolute shit decisions and recommendations, including this one.

If Bran can't see what's going down soon, Sansa  sure can.  "Ummm.....hell, no, we'll just rule ourselves in the North.  Thanks anyway."

I think we’re supposed to believe that the small council is going to be so awesome that everyone will be happy under Bran the Broken. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ok. One question. At the dragon pits, who was the guy between Edmure and Sam?

Ok. I lied more questions. Where are Gilly and Little Sam? Will Bran ever explain the 3ER? Bronn as Master of Coin? Where are the Dothraki? 

Oh wait- one of these was answered. Bronn is Master of Coin so we can get the We can rebuild the whore houses, but not the ships gag. In Valley Girl speak, "Uh, like gag me with a spoon."

But really, who is that between Edmure and Sam?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

AGH!  But she was perfectly willing to listen to other people's opinions about what was good and right and wise until this episode!

Well technically speaking last episode. But I agree, having Dany become a mad queen ruined 7 seasons in which Emilia Clarke portrayed her as not perfect but humane. But as I said, this finale was a shit show.

• Love 11
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Bali said:

At the dragon pits, who was the guy between Edmure and Sam?

Yohn Royce, in previous seasons we saw him agree to foster Robyn Arryn at Runstone and trying to teach him archery. Robyn later named Royce commander of the Vale's troops. He was also seen in scenes with larger groups of people (after Lysa died in S4, and in several scenes where the bannermen of the North are gathered).

ETA: Ha, I was totally looking at the wrong guy so never mind. In the interview with the new Prince of Dorne (on the previous page), the Toby Osmond said that there were four other roles available for "powerful men" so the guy sitting between Sam and Edmure must have been one of those nameless but powerful men.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo