Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Iron Throne

Message added by Athena

No Book Talk. AT ALL.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Also, as Sansa pointed out, there were thousands of northmen outside of KL ready to revolt.  Meaning out of those lords, she was the only one with the forethought to bring an army to a "peace" negotiation. 

Weren't those the northmen who fought with Jon in the previous episode? 

• Love 4
Just now, proserpina65 said:

He wasn't screaming, although I'll agree with the chastising bit.  But her opinion would be the ultimate one, and eventually he'd disagree with something.  We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, because she sounded like an absolute tyrant to me.

He was screaming.
"Have you been down there?!  Have you seen?!  CHILDREN, little children, BURNED!"

The way she sounded- either like 1) a realistic leader who had no intention of trying to make everyone happy (and becoming the most popular dead person around in the process- TM Bronn) or 2) a tyrant - lies mainly in the difference between those who liked Daenerys and those who didn't.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, kieyra said:

My only eye-rolling moment was when Arya says “I know a killer when I see one”, right after literally everyone left alive just watched Dany commit large-scale murder.

The line I disliked was "Don't tell Sansa," regarding Dany being Queen of all kingdoms. It felt like Arya was taking herself out of that and putting the onus on Sansa, as if she was the only one who wanted an independent North.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, SueB said:

- Jon Snow got the best ending of all.  He'll be amongst good people, who care for each other and completely out of politics.  He'll find peace, although he'll brood about Danys for a while. 

All of those woods and they did not show him living up north as a lumberjack (as a shoutout to Dexter).

- Arya's Adventures make sense for now. I'm not sure I see an 'endgame' for her.  She's a person who blends in, she doesn't rule.  But an open-ended 'ending' is okay - at least she's off the path of revenge.

I would have loved to see her ship fall off the edge since Planetoros is flat afterall 😄

Bronn likes his own skin too much but he's also shown he can do the right thing. I wouldn't have put him in charge of the money but I can also see him being useful in keeping an eye on making sure money is spent for practical items as well as lofty ideals.

Like a brothel to attract hard working men back to KL.. (Nope. The writers are not that smart) 😛

- Where did that fleet come from to send the Unsullied home?  Was the Iron Fleet only mostly dead? How about throwing an explainer in there that does battle damagement assessment and says they can repair enough ships to to get Greyworm where they want to go.

Remember how Yara built her Iron fleet from the nonexisting wood on Iron Island??? 😄 😄 😄

• Love 2

The funny thing about when Tyrion was talking about who should rule and the importance of story, the story that would move people the most would be Sansa's not Bran's.  I think Tyrion may have known this but wanted Sansa in the north and Bran ruling Westeros, because he knew Bran would be a hands-off kind of ruler and that wouldn't work in Winterfell. Plus the people in the north connected with Sansa much more than with Bran.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tv-talk said:

The absurdity is that all these conniving aholes who hung back and saved their forces are suddenly amenable to the Starks calling all the shots just as they are at their weakest. Hadnt Dorne wanted or felt independent for ages? The Iron Jerks certainly had. Yet there was the Dorn tool and Asha meekly acquiescing to the North being independent while they remained under the yoke...of a robotic weirdo and his dwarf no less   

Eh, none of them were quick enough to think of it in time.  Sansa was faster on the draw than they were.

3 hours ago, Tyro49 said:

I guess the NK only needed to knock down that one section of the wall to get through.

That is exactly correct.  He had Viserion cut a giant hole in the wall at Eastwatch By The Sea, but the Wall is hundreds of miles long.

3 hours ago, valandsend said:

I wondered where in Kings Landing that giant set of stairs was exactly as it related to the wall around the city and how it escaped destruction.

It was probably the steps leading up to the Red Keep.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Weren't those the northmen who fought with Jon in the previous episode? 

That's right.  How did 2 camps of army maintained peace after the leader of 1 camp killed the leader of the other camp??

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Everyone else had voted by the time Sansa spoke up.  For future Kingsmoots, this would be a problem, but for this one, the North was not yet independent when they agreed to make Bran king.

It still makes no sense for citizen and noble of the North to be named king of the 6 Southern Kingdoms.  It would be like a Canadian citizen being POTUS.    

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Also, as Sansa pointed out, there were thousands of northmen outside of KL ready to revolt.  Meaning out of those lords, she was the only one with the forethought to bring an army to a "peace" negotiation.  Although I have no idea how the North managed to still have 1000s of men after NK attacked Winterfell.  Maybe the North learned the Dothrakis' magic of re-spawning

I thought the northmen we're already there since they had fought with the unsullied and dothraki at Kings Landing if you could even call that a fight.

I'm not saying Sansa wouldn't have the forethought to bring an army, but it seems like it might have elicited more of a reaction from everyone else if she had specifically brought an army.  

I also think that if the army was already there and had not specifically come down for peace talks that it's possible Sansa was bullshitting when she said that the northmen were ready to revolt.  The north has never liked being under the thumb of a southern ruler, but did they really want to go up against the dothraki and the unsullied?  It may be an another reason why Sansa waited to see how everything shook out before insisting that the north would be independent.  She knew bran wouldnt have a problem with it and she wouldn't have to force the northern forces to fight a fight they may not have wanted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It still makes no sense for citizen and noble of the North to be named king of the 6 Southern Kingdoms.  It would be like a Canadian citizen being POTUS.    

It is more like who among them has resources to say no to the North when the North have thousand of men ready to fight just outside of KL.  IIRC the other kingdoms' armies are decimated at this point

• Love 3

Sansa:  “The North I will never bend the knee again.”  There, fixed it for her. 

I’m kinda meh on Sansa’s crowning.  She got what she always wanted, just not the way she wanted it.  Anyway, so, Sansa’s objection to Bran being King is that he can’t have children.  Since she’s now crowned Queen does this mean she’s planning to remarry and have kids?  Or will she be a hypocrite there? 

I think, based on our small glimpse of it, by running the small council with an absent king, Tyrion is being pretty significantly punished for his past mistakes. ; )  I do think the whole “you’re not mentioned in the book Song of Ice and Fire” was a pretty BS comment and unbelievable.  His planning won a major battle, he was the hand of 2 rulers (Joffrey and Dany) and had a major influence on events.  BS that he wouldn’t be mentioned in any half-way decent history.  That comment felt like a writer trying to be clever at the cost of making any sense.

So thrilled that Brianne, Ser Pod (yay!), Davos and Tyrion all made it to the end.  I find their survival and promotions pretty satisfying.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Dobian said:

The funny thing about when Tyrion was talking about who should rule and the importance of story, the story that would move people the most would be Sansa's not Bran's.  I think Tyrion may have known this but wanted Sansa in the north and Bran ruling Westeros, because he knew Bran would be a hands-off kind of ruler and that wouldn't work in Winterfell. Plus the people in the north connected with Sansa much more than with Bran.

The whole speech was stupid.  Who cares about "stories" for a ruler?  I mean a good story helps but qualifications, experience and charisma are generally much more important.  

But, even if you did, Jon and Davos and possibly others had much better stories than Bran.   

I think, at this point, to assume any multilevel strategic thinking on Tyrion's part is a stretch.  He simply drinks and comes up with bad ideas.   

• Love 5
(edited)

The Normies are one of my favorite YouTube reactors and they made this great "Inside the Episode" spoof with two of their members playing Benioff and Weiss. One of them(Suraj) does a dead on Benioff impression!:

Edited by VCRTracking
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, LongDistanceClara said:

I don't see why they would go to Naath since Vales Dothrak is still around. They would have no reason to follow the Unsullied. They'll just run on home and go back to their regularly scheduled raping and pillaging. 

Actually, having the Dothraki mysteriously poof without and closure annoyed me too! After all, they were a big part of Dany's story. It's kind of an injustice really.

I thought I saw some Dothraki getting on a ship, a different one from the Unsullied. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Lady S. said:

So ignoring the bigger wtfery in this ep, there were two smaller problems I had. If the WW are truly gone then the Night's Watch has truly lost its real purpose (criminals can be executed and bastards and other outcasts can become septons, maesters or someone else's soldiers) and they're just going to go back to fighting the free folk on the other side of the Wall, with no wildling except Gilly ever being integrated into Westorosi society. I can appreciate Jon/Tormund being endgame rather than Jon being stuck with a job he didn't want and was unsuited for but the circumstances really do render a lot of development pointless.

Speaking of Gilly, with Sam actually becoming a maester, they can never be married and Jon's namesake will be a bastard truly born a bastard. And where is she, back at Horn Hill with the Ladys Tarly or does Sam have her and Sam Jr. stashed somewhere in the wasteland of King's Landing?

This confuses me. Sam:

(a) is representing Horn Hill as Lord at the election of Bran, not acting as a Maester. His mother could have represented the castle if Sam was remaining a Maester. I assumed he would resume his place as Lord of Horn Hill after his father and brother were killed, he effectively dropped out and therefore, should be allowed to marry Gilly and raise his child as legitimate. But no. 

(b) took a vow to the Nights Watch, which apparently is still is a thing. Why isn't he returning to take his place as Maester at Castle Black?

(c) is not even a full-fledged Maester and I thought it was the Maesters that got to decide who sits on the King's council, not just who is buddies with the King.  

Makes zero sense, and D&D had to twist the story into a pretzel to squeeze in a slap-dash conclusion for every fan favorite. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

It is more like who among them has resources to say no to the North when the North have thousand of men ready to fight just outside of KL.  IIRC the other kingdoms' armies are decimated at this point

I don't think it was implied that the North would use force to make Bran King of the Other 6 Kingdoms.   I don't think any of the troops had any idea that Tyrion would float the stupid idea.  The writing this season made no sense at all.  

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

That's right.  How did 2 camps of army maintained peace after the leader of 1 camp killed the leader of the other camp??

Yes, the whole thing was patently absurd. The Unsullied and the Dothraki waited for this joke of a Council for weeks (who convoked the Council anyway?), probably knowing full well that its members were mostly the friends and allies of the Starks. How about Jon not admitting his guilt and instead of trusting his good old plot armor to save him once again, he decides on his own to go to the Wall at the end as a sort of penance? It's not like he wouldn't be able to do whatever he likes in the actual ending anyway, now that those pesky foreigners sailed away. 🙂

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, MarySNJ said:

(c) is not even a full-fledged Maester and I thought it was the Maesters that got to decide who sits on the King's council, not just who is buddies with the King.  

Bran:  "They don't get to choose."

• Love 5
1 hour ago, penelope79 said:

Besides, I still believe that if a character ends basically where he begins and his purpose is somewhat erased, his whole journey is pointless. That’s what happened to Jaime Lannister, to Jon Snow and, arguably, to Cersei and Tyrion. Yes, Tyrion is Hand of the King, but wherthe news? He’s already been one (for Joffrey and Dany). Only Sansa and Bran become queen and king, respectively. Arya leaves, which makes sense for her character, but for some reason, I expected more from her, too. Instead, she finds unicorns, is invincible and becomes an explorer. Ok.

I don’t believe Arya is portrayed as invincible or finds a unicorn. 

I do believe this is a carefully constructed wirkd in which a number of factors are allowed to play out over a period of time. The main character is political and the individual people are much influenced by their circumstances and those around them. There are basically good peopleand a lot of people getting by. 

This isn’t the journey of a character, or characters. It isn’t about love or heroism or sacrifice, although they may or may not happen. This is history. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't think it was implied that the North would use force to make Bran King of the Other 6 Kingdoms.   I don't think any of the troops had any idea that Tyrion would float the stupid idea.  The writing this season made no sense at all.  

I agree the writing was sh!t.  I was just trying to make the story a little better by putting a tiny more effort than the writers/shorunners.

16 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

What a shit show:

Drogon’s reaction to his Mother's murder basically sums up my feelings about Season 8. Drogon knew Jon was trouble from the start. Blah blah, you’re my queen, blah... kills her whilst kissing her. Jon needed to be spit roasted.

Tyrion makes a blathering speech while still in chains, and because he sounds all fancy n' smart everyone says yes to it all. I love you Peter Dinklage, but Tyrion needed to DIE!

The Dothraki -- where da fuck did they go?

The Unsullied are sent away on ships to somewhere. Dismissed.

Bronn the smug asshole is in charge of all the money and it will be gone faster than you can say:  "brothels, wine, and gambling."

Bran the Creep is King of the six kingdoms because he has a good memory, and can roll his eyes really far back into his head

Sansa the sulky is Queen of the North. She can spend the rest of her days looking down upon everyone. 

Arya is Dora the Explorer. 

Broody Jon gets sent back to the Night's watch as punishment for murdering Dany. When he gets there the wall has magically been restored, and Tormund and Ghost have the hot chocolate and scones ready. 

WallFall.gif

I love everything about this post! haha! And right! The fucking wall fell down! So Jon is sent back up north to guard the wall? from... the white walkers that are no more? What?

After that serious character assassination of Dany's character last week I couldn't even begin to imagine how this was all going to end. Jon literally gives Dany the kiss of death. Alrighty then.

Bran? Bran the Broken? Fucking worthless Bran!!!!! oy vey! That is some real shit.

I was kind of hoping The Hound had somehow someway survived that fall last week and would go adventuring with Arya west of Weteros. But then my hopes were crushed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

I so wanted to dracarys the lords at "Tyrion's trial"  after some of them compared their subjects to horses and dogs.

I'm surprised none of them mentioned their wives.  

I thought the writers were drawing on the same comparisons that were made before the U.S. gave gay people the right to marry and women the right to vote. 

• Love 2

I went into this dreading what I thought would be the inevitable death of Drogon, but this was actually worse in some ways. Seeing him grieve for his dead mother was truly heartbreaking and the only scene that really moved me emotionally. I feel like I'm lacking closure on what became of him but cannot imagine anything that isn't ultimately sad and lonely. 

My read on why he burned the Iron Throne instead of Jon is that he instinctively knew the Throne itself, and Dany's obsession with it, is really what killed her.

The rest of the episode was awfully talky and left a lot of unanswered questions. The one most frequently asked seems to be why Greyworm didn't immediately kill Jon and I think the time jump after Dany's death leaves a lot of wiggle room for interpretation since we really have no idea how or why Jon confessed to Dany's murder. No witnesses, no body, and no DNA testing. (Yes there was blood but the whole damn city was covered in blood. Means nothing.) 

For me the other big question is what happened to the Dothraki. They are not cut out for domestic life in Westerosi times of peace. The fate of the Unsullied was addressed but not the Dothraki, and I have to believe something was cut because that seems like a serious and baffling omission.

I still don't understand why they couldn't have done 7 Kingdoms with their own local governments but also have a grand government for matters that concern all 7 Kingdoms. The arrangement with 6 Kingdoms and an independent North makes little sense, not on the basis it was proposed. Did D&D seriously forget that it wasn't just Northern or Dany's troops that defended against the Walkers? Why weren't Yara and Royce/Robin protesting and saying 'hey, our people fought too. we deserve independence as well.'?

This was my biggest objection as well. I find it hard to believe the other Lords would sit there and agree to Northern Independence without any of them demanding it for themselves. Yara in particular. Your suggestion makes far more sense and I think the writing here was flimsy and not well thought-out in terms of getting to a plot point that fan-serviced Sansa. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

Not to doubt your son's powers of speculation, but all this( leaked a while ago. And by the end of last week's episode, it was pretty clear the leak was accurate. He may have stumbled across it on social media somewhere.

Oh, I don't doubt at all that he found a reliable source.  He is more or less a master of whisperers, especially online.  I just wondered which source.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Taget said:

Saying Bran could have no children was also a dumb whine on her part since the heir would be the most senior (preferably male) relative.  That would either be her or any children she has.  Next to being Queen herself this is the best possible scenario for her.

There is also the issue of what the southern border of her kingdom is.  House Tully pledge their fealty to Robb so she may be expecting two of the seven kingdoms.  And probably has eyes on the Eyrie run by another Tully.

The Valemen did also fight at Winterfell (twice) and King's Landing, so the northerners were hardly as special as she made them out to be. And I guess the ironborn's contribution to keeping King Bran alive doesn't count because Sansa considered Theon a posthumous Stark. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

The Normies are one of my favorite YouTube reactors and they made this great "Inside the Episode" spoof with two of their members playing Benioff and Weiss. One of them(Suraj) does a dead on Benioff impression!:

I love the Normies, and that was freaking hilarious. Suraj was dead-on for Benioff, not just in the voice and facial expressions but in the way Benioff always manages to sound monotone and condescending at the same time, like he's put-off for having to explain his genius to us plebes. Brilliant!!!

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Because honorable Brienne would be the worst person to put in charge of rumors and disinformation.

I know.

That's why my full post said that making Brienne Master of Whispers makes as much sense as having a Citadel drop out as Grand Maester, a guy who doesn't understand the concept of interest as Master of Coin, Tyrion as Hand and Bran as King, i.e., no sense at all

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This was my biggest objection as well. I find it hard to believe the other Lords would sit there and agree to Northern Independence without any of them demanding it for themselves. Yara in particular. Your suggestion makes far more sense and I think the writing here was flimsy and not well thought-out in terms of getting to a plot point that fan-serviced Sansa. 

It's also weird that Yara and Hot Unnamed New Dornish Prince would agree to vote for a "3 eyed raven" having even less idea what the fuck that means than the people who actually know Bran do.

Edited by Lady S.
  • Love 10

Did I misunderstand? I thought there really isn't a Night Watch. That was just a way to get Grey Worm off the warpath for Jon's head. So if there's no Night Watch, breaking an oath to the Night Watch wouldn't matter anymore...so Sam is off the hook on that one, according to what I understood happening. As for being a Maester and having a wife and children, perhaps they've changed the rules about that? Another spoke of the wheel "broken?" 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

They kind of forgot is exactly what happened. Lol 

• LOL 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, lovinbob said:

The line I disliked was "Don't tell Sansa," regarding Dany being Queen of all kingdoms. It felt like Arya was taking herself out of that and putting the onus on Sansa, as if she was the only one who wanted an independent North.

I mean, that was just their unbelievably clunky way of reminding us "OH GOD DANY V SANSA, BITCHES BE CRAZY, HEY AUDIENCE YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT SANSA GETTING TOASTED, UNLESS YOU HATE SANSA, IN WHICH CASE YOU'RE GOOD"

They gave Arya a number of SyFy-channel quality* lines in the finale, yeah. Of course, the writing has been tending that way for a couple of seasons, but it's been especially bad this season.

Another one that clunked was Tyrion saying "I'll find you later." Like he was at a party in 2019 and making the rounds. In early seasons, characters didn't talk like it was 2019.

(*Hell, for all I know SyFy has multiple shows with better writing & dialogue than the last few seasons of GoT.) 

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 5

I'll admit I didn't love this episode. Some of it defied logic, and I don't understand the motivations-

I think Jon should have died- either by Drogon or Grey Worm/Dothraki. Or he should have just fucked off and left without seemingly turning himself in. 

Tyrion should have died. Why is he being kept?

I didn't need dead eye duck lipped assassin Arya back.

Sansa just about got her countrymen slaughtered- I don't like their odds against the Unsullied and Dothraki.

Bronn on the council. Master of Coin. Ok...

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Lady S. said:

It's also weird that Yara and Hot Unnamed New Dornish Prince would agree to vote for a "3 eyed raven" having even less idea what the fuck that means than the people who actually know Bran do.

If this were one of the first few seasons with a few more to come, there would be a lot of Yara extracting the Iron Price from the north and Bran's new fleet, and Dorne not having any of it either. Would make good television

(edited)
45 minutes ago, Absurda said:

Sansa:  “The North I will never bend the knee again.”  There, fixed it for her. 

I’m kinda meh on Sansa’s crowning.  She got what she always wanted, just not the way she wanted it.  Anyway, so, Sansa’s objection to Bran being King is that he can’t have children.  Since she’s now crowned Queen does this mean she’s planning to remarry and have kids?  Or will she be a hypocrite there? 

I think, based on our small glimpse of it, by running the small council with an absent king, Tyrion is being pretty significantly punished for his past mistakes. ; )  I do think the whole “you’re not mentioned in the book Song of Ice and Fire” was a pretty BS comment and unbelievable.  His planning won a major battle, he was the hand of 2 rulers (Joffrey and Dany) and had a major influence on events.  BS that he wouldn’t be mentioned in any half-way decent history.  That comment felt like a writer trying to be clever at the cost of making any sense.

So thrilled that Brianne, Ser Pod (yay!), Davos and Tyrion all made it to the end.  I find their survival and promotions pretty satisfying.

Sansas unspoken words were "I mean, I didn't want to say anything, but I'm probably fertile and could birth many, many inheritants to the iron throne. I'm just sayin' is all"

Had Tyrion not shut it down by saying it was better that the next monarch not have children I suspect Sansa would have eventually turned the conversation that way. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

For me, Brienne completing Jaime's page in the Book of Brothers was her getting closure on their relationship. Once she closed it she's ready to move on.

On wet ink! Nobody is going to know what she wrote

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Sansas unspoken words were "I mean, I didn't want to say anything, but I'm probably fertile and could birth many, many inheritants to the iron throne. I'm just sayin' is all"

source.gif

And with the elimination of the NK, House Stark will require new words.

I vote "WutAboutDaNorf?!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I like the shock value of having Jon kill Dany, but I wish they either were still a hot and heavy item when everything went down, or that they were never in love and he was just an incredibly loyal man.  It kind of ruins it a little that they had been together and he had already pulled back.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I liked it. The goodbye scene with the Stark children made me verklempt. I am sad Dany went the way she did though. 

How many times have people in the North yammered and proclaimed so and so King/Queen of the North? Don’t get too comfy in the big chair Sansa. 

Ser Pod FTW!!!

Anyone else think Brienne was gonna write, “Survived by his son/daughter”? No? Just me? 

I was hoping for that also!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Heckler52317 said:

I'll admit I didn't love this episode. Some of it defied logic, and I don't understand the motivations-

I think Jon should have died- either by Drogon or Grey Worm/Dothraki. Or he should have just fucked off and left without seemingly turning himself in. 

Tyrion should have died. Why is he being kept?

I didn't need dead eye duck lipped assassin Arya back.

Sansa just about got her countrymen slaughtered- I don't like their odds against the Unsullied and Dothraki.

Bronn on the council. Master of Coin. Ok...

Jon is pathologically honest.  I'd be like "so there I was, minding my own business, and suddenly, out of nowhere, here comes drogon and he scoops Dany up and flies her away!  I think I saw him drop her into the ocean so I should probably be the new king, right?"

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Starks together/Ghost were the best part. tog

But... but the Starks weren't together -- they were all separated at the end.

Jon way up Nord-- Ayra going west of Westeros (America) Sansa staying in Winterhell and Bran down in the city (Kings Landing)

1 hour ago, Taget said:

Saying Bran could have no children was also a dumb whine on her part since the heir would be the most senior (preferably male) relative.  That would either be her or any children she has.  Next to being Queen herself this is the best possible scenario for her.

There is also the issue of what the southern border of her kingdom is.  House Tully pledge their fealty to Robb so she may be expecting two of the seven kingdoms.  And probably has eyes on the Eyrie run by another Tully.

Tyrion is functionally the king.  Bran is just google.  He himself said the kingdom could use him as a living library.  I expect he'll be constantly warging a bunch of birds one of whom will eventually be made a meal out of by Drogon.  Then no more Bran.

Ivar the Boneless ruling the Dothraki?  Now that is something I'd want to see!

I wanted Sam to win.  Because the show had jumped the shark so much that I figured why not just go full camp?

They are saving that for the spinoff!

Again not the worst scenario for her.  And hell with Tyrion as hand as I said above she might be able to peel off another Kingdom or two.  Tyrion is the Fredo Corleone of the Lannister family.  Why do people keep putting him in charge of things?

I'll point out Aegon destroyed Harrenhal, the biggest keep/city of it's day. That is what caused virtually everyone else to kneel and spared the Seven Kingdoms from war, strife, and even worse loss of life.  Kings Landing is one city.  And I do not believe Tyrion (who is just saying whatever he can to save his own neck) that she killed more people than the others.  The Lannister war strategy was to kill and starve as many peasants in the Riverlands as possible.  Something Tyrion never had a negative word about.  Even the Starks raped and ravaged the areas they went through.  The Lannisters spent their sweet time raping and pillaging Kings Landing when they took it from Dany's father.  Even Sansa's plan was to besiege the city and induce mass famine to induce a rebellion.  (And no doubt to buy time to backstab Dany)

Dany may have wiped King's Landing but that does not mean she was not on track towards liberating Westeros and hopefully giving them better rulers than they are used to.  The Bronns of the world.

Dany reduces one city to dust.  And that symbolism is what causes other cities to capitulate.  What will make Sansa bend the knee because she will know what happened to Cersei and Kings Landing.  What Sansa herself would probably do if she herself had a dragon.  That is what is going to get cities like Qarth to surrender.

But because of Jon and Tyrion Westeros instead will be plunged into civil wars and constant loss of life over vast territories.

The last two episodes they tried to be manipulative and have Dany do a 360 hoping we'd instantly hate her.  I'll still stick by her because I have seen worse in the other characters around her.  Rest in Peace Mother of Dragons.

Brilliant post!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MadameKillerB said:

Did I misunderstand? I thought there really isn't a Night Watch. That was just a way to get Grey Worm off the warpath for Jon's head. So if there's no Night Watch, breaking an oath to the Night Watch wouldn't matter anymore...so Sam is off the hook on that one, according to what I understood happening. As for being a Maester and having a wife and children, perhaps they've changed the rules about that? Another spoke of the wheel "broken?" 

If there's no Night's Watch who were all the black-clad men at Castle Black? And I don't see any part of the wheel actually broken just because the great houses elected a monarch. Things like the maesters and the Iron Islands/Dorne could easily have been better explained in an ep that was already 60+ minutes. And I'm honestly annoyed I have to mentally fill in the blanks on how the floppy fish lord returned to power just because Edmure was only allowed to speak to be interrupted as comic relief.

Just now, RealReality said:

Does Sansa really not realize that she and her future kids would already be in line or was she just focused on guaranteeing a crown for herself?

• Love 5

Edmure's been dead to me ever since he gave up Riverrun to Jaime and the Freys

He shouldn't have had a vote in the Electoral College, much less put himself forward as a candidate for the throne.

And WTF has he been doing since Arya offed the Freys?

Roslin is more than he deserves

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Lady S. said:

Does Sansa really not realize that she and her future kids would already be in line or was she just focused on guaranteeing a crown for herself?

They SHOULD be, but then Tyrion somehow made some rules abolishing succession by birth right. So...I guess that's the end of that.  A pretty deft move on tyrion's part, but still strange that...like everything else, it was accepted without question.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Had Tyrion not shut it down by saying it was better that the next monarch not have children I suspect Sansa would have eventually turned the conversation that way. 

Technically, once Bran is dead, the Lords of the 6 kingdoms will elect a new king.  Since the North is now independent, it would not have any say in that election, amIrite???

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, lucindabelle said:

Drogon is all alone in the world.

And so is Jon. In my head I've made an ending where Jon and Drogon find each other again.

I don't know how to feel about this ending. I always thought Jon would kill Dany but not because she went crazy but rather because her death was necessary in order for them to kill the Night King, her death would still be devastating but she would be a hero and so would Jon.

I'm incredibly heartbroken that after all Jon went through, after all he lost he is still an outcast, forced to renounce everything he is entitled to. I'm glad he is with the freefolk, I think that's where he was the happiest and I'm glad he's with Tormund, his longest lasting relationship.

I'm also surprised at how open ended this all is. You guys all realize that there's still magic in this world, right? Bran is still alive, Drogon, Nymeria and Ghost are still around and so is Jon, I wouldn't be surprised is we find ourselves in this world again. 

Edited by PopTart16
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Taget said:

Tyrion is functionally the king.  Bran is just google.  He himself said the kingdom could use him as a living library.  I expect he'll be constantly warging a bunch of birds one of whom will eventually be made a meal out of by Drogon.  Then no more Bran. 

Everyone understands that Tyrion is the de facto king.  But Bran is the king, and people won't be inspired by an emotionless  search engine.  They want someone they can cheer.  FFS, they were even willing to cheer Joffrey when he and Margeary waved to the crowd.

Not that it matters what the people want since they have as much input into running the country as before

• Love 3