Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Sun and Shade in the Bahamas

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, film noire said:

The podcast being discussed is here -- Sessa's full take on the Dorit saga starts at 1: 40: 15

http://ontherocksubn.ubnradio.libsynpro.com/jc-mounduix-dr-john-sessa-and-ali-levine

Filed under Keeps Getting Worse: after Dorit was revealed as having dumped Lucy at the kill shelter,  she sent her assistant  to handle her mess.  She couldn't be bothered to show her face and apologize (never mind hand over the 5 K) after having abandoned Lucy. 

How she handled this is classic Dorit Kemsley:  dodging every debt - financial or moral - that comes her way. 

Wow! This was great.  It’s the whole story without some crappy writer manipulating it to fit into an article.  It’s much clearer when you can actually hear what happened.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

That was really funny.

I’ve been mostly bed-bound from bad knee injury, so watching old seasons of this BS I quit watching years ago.

Never watched RHNY - is it worth watching from the beginning? Friends, fellow posters please chime in. I always like to recommend 90-Day Fiance and Love After Lockup (possibly greatest reality show ever) myself.

You are like the gazillionth person I’ve heard recommend Love After Lockup in just the last few weeks. I’m going to have to check it out.

I really think watching RHNY from the beginning would be fun (in fact, I kinda want to even though I watched it when it originally aired). To see the early Bethenny years (before she was wealthy), the Jill Zarin/Bethenny dynamic and friendship breakdown, the craziness of Alex & Simon (who now seem to live sorta normal lives in Australia), and, especially, the Kelly Bensimon years and Scary Island... that’s all must see, IMO. I’m laughing just thinking about some of the old episodes.  I don’t think you’ll need to watch all of that to understand the new season, but it will give you some backstory and it’s entertaining AF. The NYC ladies always bring it. It was the first franchise I started watching and I still love it.

I’m sorry you’re bed-bound and I hope your knee is on the mend! ❤️

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The above quote makes me stabby. One would think that a person working with an organization that adopts out dogs would have a clue as to the correct terminology with regards to sterilizing said dogs. A dog does not go for "spade and neutering". It is spayed (not spade - geesh!) if it is a female, and neutered if it is a male. Pretty basic terms to know if you are dealing with animals. Good lord. 

ETA: Sorry, this might be somewhat redundant. I replied before seeing your back and forth with @walnutqueen and @film noire!

That “spade” comment drove me crazy too! But I’m not sure if it was John’s fault. It seems like all of his comments in the article were transcribed from a radio show by the crack team at that blog/publication (whatever TooFab is... I’ve never seen it before this). TooFab does link to the original radio show (available on YouTube). I haven’t listened yet, but here’s the link for anyone who wants to hear it:

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

As far as I'm concerned, Dorito and PeeKay can be eviscerated for the rest of their miserable grifting lives, and I intend to do so.

So, whet your Ignore buttons, or buckle down.  Because I fully intend to snipe from the sides.

I’m with you. Do you have a side you prefer? I can cover the other one! 😉

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

When I was a kid, I picked up a stray from the street and brought it home. (Isn't that how we all got our pets back in the day? Lol lol) My dad hit the roof. We lived in a small city apartment and both of my parents worked long hours and I couldn't be trusted to be responsible (obviously) so he took the dog to the pound. The common knowledge was that all the animals there were all put to sleep 7 days after they were brought in, regardless of age or temperament or what have you. So unless they got adopted within a week, they were wacked. Isn't that the norm now still for the average pound? Or have things changed?

ps. The end of that story is that my mom broke down and went back to the shelter to spring Pirate and brought him back home. Where he proceeded to terrorize us and anyone he came in contact with forever more. 🙂

15 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

You're thinking about Animal Control, the government-run agency. They have a 7-day policy. That said, they've made attempts to become more compassionate, at least in some parts of the country, and have been making efforts to actively work with shelters to try to reduce the number of animals euthanized solely because they were on the streets. Most animal control agencies still have the 7-day rule though. 😞 

Veda, I’m so glad your story has a happy ending and you got to share your life with Pirate! I did some digging about hold time requirements and it obviously varies greatly based on the state. Some states only require 48 hours and, of course, if a dog has a communicable illness (even if it can be treated) or shows signs of aggression, that hold time vanishes. And, when a dog is dumped by an owner, no hold time is often required. One of the dogs I found had sarcoptic mange. I brought her to the vet to get her chip scanned (number disconnected) and get her all checked out and they explicitly told me not to bring her to the shelter because she would be marched to the back room and be immediately put down because of her mange. So, she came home with us for awhile and we got her healthy and we eventually, tearfully, parted ways and she is in a BEAUTIFUL HOME with acreage to run and other doggie friends and people who adore her as much as we did (so not Dorit’s vision of a beautiful home).

What I didn’t realize is the difference in state laws regarding whether shelters have to even scan for microchips and whether they are required to contact the person/organization on the microchip. This was published in 2017 by Michigan State University College of Law and has a very helpful chart that breaks down the laws by state:

https://www.animallaw.info/topic/state-holding-period-laws-impounded-animals

5 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I the last 5 years, we have trapped and taken over 25 feral cats to be fixed and then we let them out again. It is starting to help the feral cat population in our neighborhood. Just when it seems manageable some   one just abandons their healthy non fixed house cat - who have healthier babies then the feral cats we have.

we love all our “ferals” and we feed them and take as good care of them as we can - we are their servants, People who don’t take care of their animals are horrible. But we really work to prevent new additions to the population.

Shelters don’t always have a choice due to over population and lack of resources.

Stats Queen, I just wanted to say how awesome it is that you do TNR. Where I used to live, animal control was so openly hostile to the idea. The kitties are lucky to have you.

4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

No-kill shelters are not any better than kill-shelters. No-kill shelters are just more selective in the animals they take and let the animals die somewhere else to keep their stats and rep good.  PETA did a good investigation into the rampant fraud of no-kill shelters. And then there are the no-kill "sancuatry's"  that allow unwanted pets to die through medical neglect, which is, to me, beyond comprehension to allow an animal to suffer in pain for months on end with no care. The "kill" shelters are actually where the true needy animals are, because every animal is taken in there. And then Vanderpump dogs are taking the dogs from the kill shelters and adopting them out... my guess is that Dorit is not the first person that has had a problem with one of their dogs.

3 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I have no doubt that some no-kill shelters are fradulent, but I don't believe anything PETA says unless I can find independent verification. Something about an organization that touts animal rights while euthanizing 98% of cats/77% of dogs they take into their "shelters" and flat-out stealing (and killing) people's pets makes my slapping hand all itchy.

I'll take VPD or my local humane society over PETA any day of the week.

A thousand times yes to everything you said @Rosiejuliemom! Historically, PETA has done some amazing, groundbreaking, courageous work- exposing animal testing, going undercover in factory farms, etc. But their view on sheltering and the lies they propagate surrounding no kill shelters disgust me. It’s a much larger discussion that is probably beyond the bounds of this board, but I would encourage @bravofan27 and anyone who is interested to look into Ingrid Newkirk, PETA’s President, and her past statements on shelter animals. And, for a thorough breakdown of the insanity behind their arguments (and proof of how it can be done better), check out Nathan Winograd (I’ve said his name so many times now on this board of late- I promise I have no personal or financial connection! His work has just been relevatory for me.).

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

According to John Sessa, the first dog was returned by Dorit because it bit the family. 

Does anyone recall if Dorit specifically stated that the PK nose injury shown in that photo was caused by Lucy or did she just say the "dog" bit her children and PK?

I think (without any facts or proof) that she returned the first dog to VPD because it did bite/scratch PK.  Then for whatever reason (doggy breath, vacation, barking, annoying, too big, too expensive, etc) it was decided they no longer wanted Lucy but felt they couldn't return her to VDP because the "biting excuse" had already been used for the first dog. So they got the acquaintance of a co-worker of PK's associate to find her a new home, which the idiot did by dropping her at a shelter.  I don't believe for a nanosecond that Dorit herself would walk into a shelter of any kind, simply because that is beneath her.

Thank goodness for microchipping and that Lucy ended up back with VDP!

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'll hand you magazines.

After I read the planted stories, I'll roll them up and smack Dorit & PK on the nose whenever they lie speak.

8 hours ago, dosodog said:

Hi there!  If you need a minion, I'm over here!

I'll be wearing the Lyanna Mormont Side Eye Face of Revulsion and Disgust.

2017-03-25-08-02-19--6458048.jpeg.bdc8621b7515ac3df91a7d6b3bb55b17.jpeg

A minion you are certainly not.   How about "willing participant"?

3 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I’m with you. Do you have a side you prefer? I can cover the other one! 😉

I say we grab a few co-conspirators and form a circle.  Then we can snipe from all sides!

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
On 2/27/2019 at 10:58 AM, Panda Bear said:

Oh, absolutely. This has always been her weakness, right from the start (throw Cedric in there too). She is very calculating and I don't blame the cast for being annoyed about it. But they all fall for her manipulations when they should just ignore them. If she says she doesn't want to talk about the dog stuff, then don't talk about it! Don't play into it, dummies. And Rinna is calculating too, but they all seem to forgive Rinna for it for some reason. I wonder if that'll change.

She stopped filming with most of the cast about a month into filming, but might be in individual scenes or scenes with Camille and Denise? It'll be interesting to see if they take her out of the credits. 

I’m out when LVP leaves.  My god, these women couldn’t give her a break with the loss of her brother.  And who the hell cares about dog-gate.  Dorit is a bitch and needs to just own her part.  I loathe Kyle now.  

• Love 22
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Dorit is looking for someone to absolve her and make her feel better about what she did. She and PK should make a sizeable donation to Lisa’s shelter. Hopefully the check doesn’t bounce though. 

Dorit is already hosting and acting like she's paying for this first class trip to the Bahamas, what more can the bitch do?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

It seems to me that LVP has really never liked Dorit, but simply tolerates her.  I don't know what the deal is between LVP & Ken and Dorit & PK, but I think she socializes with her just because of PK.  Otherwise I don't think she'd give her the time of day.   IIRC, she's joked about it several times in the past.    

Dorit tries too hard to play the part of a wealthy & classy woman.  It's ridiculous.  

• Love 22
(edited)
On 2/27/2019 at 10:58 AM, Panda Bear said:

Oh, absolutely. This has always been her weakness, right from the start (throw Cedric in there too). She is very calculating and I don't blame the cast for being annoyed about it. But they all fall for her manipulations when they should just ignore them. If she says she doesn't want to talk about the dog stuff, then don't talk about it! Don't play into it, dummies. And Rinna is calculating too, but they all seem to forgive Rinna for it for some reason. I wonder if that'll change.

She stopped filming with most of the cast about a month into filming, but might be in individual scenes or scenes with Camille and Denise? It'll be interesting to see if they take her out of the credits. 

I disagree about Rinna, she is not calculating, she is messy. There’s a difference. She’s impulsive and doesn’t think before she speaks, but she is not calculating the way LVP is. 

Regarding PuppyGate, I’m not sure what to think. After reading what John Sessa has to say, I’m inclined to believe him. I think John Sessa was pissed the fuck off after hearing what Dorit did, especially since this was the 2nd time she’d done so and it was a dog he’d hand-reared himself for the first 8 wks of her life. I think he told Lisa he wanted to let the world know what Dorit did, I think this was his idea. I think Lisa probably protested him, but since it wasn’t really about her and she likes/respects John Sessa, she didn’t really put up too much of a fight and figured, “Ok, if he’s gonna do this, he’s gonna do this, but I’ll just keep saying STOP so Dorit knows I don’t condone/agree with him trying to make her look bad.” She didn’t stop, fire or cut ties with John Sessa because she agreed with him/was sympathetic to his POV, but that doesn’t mean she supported the way he went about it. She didn’t set it up or agree with it, she just didn’t care enough to stop it, it wasn’t her battle to fight. I think John Sessa is being honest, this was all him, he was pissed. The only thing LVP is “guilty” of here is perhaps not trying harder to shut it down or stop John, but she doesn’t owe Dorit that. She’s not gonna risk having tension with John Sessa, a man she clearly respects and likes (he was involved in the Stop Yukon doc and a couple other big animal projects, so they share a common passion) by cutting him off or having a serious fight with him over a mistake Dorit made. I get it. 

I’ll say this, tho. I think the cast is right about her overall, that she’s calculating, manipulative and also insecure as hell, needs to always be center of attention and taking jabs at someone. She always needs to feel superior and have the upper hand in every interpersonal exchange, every relationship dynamic. This works well when she’s dealing with troubled people like Brandi or her much younger subordinates (Vanderpump Rules), bc they don’t expect for her to interact with him as an equal. But among her peers of similar social status and class, like Dorit and Kyle, LVP really struggles, bc they expect to interact with you as an equal and be treated as one and that is not a dynamic LVP is comfortable with, she is too insecure and too needy for that to work for her long-term. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m out when LVP leaves.  My god, these women couldn’t give her a break with the loss of her brother.  And who the hell cares about dog-gate.  Dorit is a bitch and needs to just own her part.  I loathe Kyle now.  

Same here. There have been discussions of how important each "queen" is to her respective show. I only watch three of them. Atlanta was better once NeNe left as her swollen ego was causing brain bleed which left only obnoxiousness in its wake. If Teresa leaves NJ there are a couple people I would stick around for, and once again, there is her obnoxious quotient. But without LVP,  I'm definitely outta here.

• Love 15
(edited)

You know it's bad when the viewer (me) isn't even a LVP fan anymore and I STILL side with LVP.  lol  I was for years, but, she turned me off when she started Vanderpump Rules.....omg...disgusting.  I lost interest in her as a housewife at that point.  However, I still always see the script, I mean storyline, as going against her with a big old NOTHING burger. In  this case, I guess the dog incident really did happen, so there is an actual basis for the scandal or whatever you call it.  Too bad it's so ridiculous.  I just don't buy the premise. 

My opinion of Lisa R is that she is very calculating, but, in a professional way.  Like she's preparing for a LIfetime movie.  She's getting her role prepared, setting the stage, and making herself a standout.  She's very proud of her career in acting and I think it shows. In the end, she'll fall on her sword though.  To me, she's not truly invested in any of this. It's show biz.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I have read perhaps two pages of posts.

Regardless of the drama of these stupid women, am I going to be the only one to say Dorit is a disgusting person for rehoming the dog on her own, ESPECIALLY if there is any truth (which I doubt) that this was a dog with a biting problem, who would have had this problem even if raised in a proper home with a responsible owner.

Erica can shove it with her "my husband is a lawyer shxt."  If she wants to play that card, then by the letter of the law Dorit signed a legal contract that if she could not keep the dog, then it should be returned to Vanderpump Dogs.

The only thing that I can possibly fault LVP for is that if I were running a shelter, I would never have allowed an animal into Dorit and PigK's care.

I'm thankful they were able to recover Lucy from the kill shelter.  If this dog has a biting issue, I am sure they will handle her responsibly.

ETA:  MY username was created before I was ever cursed with hearing of loser PigK.  I don't even want to call him that because pigs are actually nice, harmless animals.

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • Love 17

****MOD NOTE****

This is a reminder that political talk of all kinds is disallowed unless it is specifically brought up in an episode. As of yet no politics have been discussed on the show so any comments referencing politics will be removed and may be subject to warnings or further mod actions. Thanks!

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

She looked like she was in a food fight. 

I can't get over her boobs in that outfit.

If that is really the result of a push-bra, she needs a better one. Her left tit looks two sizes bigger and sits an inch or more higher than the other one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Anyone could see that Dorit and PK have no business getting a dog. LVP, Kyle, Rinna, and Erika all have at least one dog, so copycat Dorit decided her spawn needed a puppy. Even though Dorit has two very young children that are cared for by nannies. 😡

LVP’s loyalties were with PK- she tolerated Dorit out of friendship for PK. According to Dorit, none of them are speaking now. 

I think Kyle and LVP will eventually make peace, but the PK/Dorit feud might be irreparable. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Are Dorit and PK broke? I keep seeing mentions of their finances, so I’m wondering. 

Eta: I just saw the story about property being seized. This makes me wonder if their house was broken into or if they’re hiding their possessions. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Love 4

I thought that maybe the reason Dorit didn't return the dog to VPD was because she stupidly thought that the $5000 fine came into play if she returned the dog to VPR so she just figured that she could dump the dog elsewhere. I would like to know just how this adoption was handled by VPR. Did she just waltz in a pick out a dog and take her home? I adopted 2 kittens from a local pet rescue 2 years ago. I had to read a multiple page contract, undergo an interview where they asked all sorts of questions about my home, my financial ability to take care of the kittens,  and agree to keep them as indoor cats. Yes they stressed that I had to return the cats to the pet rescue if for any reason the adoption didn't work out. I have the feeling that Dorit didn't have to do any of this. For her to claim that she didn't know about the return policy does nothing to absolve her from responsibility in this case. Just makes her look stupid.  And for the love of God why would Lisa VDP need to "protect" Dorit?  I really feel for Lisa because she just doesn't seem to have the heart to  take on these bitches. She is grieving. 

• Love 11
(edited)
33 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I thought that maybe the reason Dorit didn't return the dog to VPD was because she stupidly thought that the $5000 fine came into play if she returned the dog to VPR so she just figured that she could dump the dog elsewhere. I would like to know just how this adoption was handled by VPR. Did she just waltz in a pick out a dog and take her home? I adopted 2 kittens from a local pet rescue 2 years ago. I had to read a multiple page contract, undergo an interview where they asked all sorts of questions about my home, my financial ability to take care of the kittens,  and agree to keep them as indoor cats. Yes they stressed that I had to return the cats to the pet rescue if for any reason the adoption didn't work out. I have the feeling that Dorit didn't have to do any of this. For her to claim that she didn't know about the return policy does nothing to absolve her from responsibility in this case. Just makes her look stupid.  And for the love of God why would Lisa VDP need to "protect" Dorit?  I really feel for Lisa because she just doesn't seem to have the heart to  take on these bitches. She is grieving. 

I've been thinking about all of this (why--I have no clue!), and I'm wondering now, if LVP didn't want to discuss any of this and keeps trying to shut down conversations are not to protect Dorit and PK, but to protect herself.

If John Sessa's account of the entire thing is true, then Ken and Lisa "by-passed" their own strict contract for Lucy's adoption in light of their friendship with the Kemsleys.  By doing so, LVP doesn't look so good, and also, the fact that the dog was adopted [with some rules being bent and contractual obligations not being met] somehow--we don't know exactly how--wound up in a shelter (kill or not, depending on who is telling the story) also doesn't look good for Vanderpump Dogs.  The fact that they did not go after PK and Dorit for the $5,000.00 really doesn't look good, either.

I'm beginning to convince myself that LVP did not want this story to get around because in the telling and re-telling, it could make her and Ken not look so great.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

LVP’s loyalties were with PK- she tolerated Dorit out of friendship for PK. According to Dorit, none of them are speaking now. 

I think Kyle and LVP will eventually make peace, but the PK/Dorit feud might be irreparable. 

I think you are right about the dynamics. 

However don’t think Kyle and LVP can salvage this time. Lisa was vulnerable because of brother and Kyle sided with the gang up led by Teddy who has asked Lisa for favors and Lisa Rinna who LVP hates. Kyle is running acared

Where does Dorito get off going after Lisa when she is in the wrong. Totally in the wrong. She is only on the show because of her relationship with Lisa. If Lisa cuts her off she has nothing. Who brings her into a storyline. Erica? Her spot is tenuous at best now after the lawsuit. Rinna? The only way she gets a storyline is if as suggested Nicolette Sheridan comes on board as a Housewives. That’s a good idea but it would be better if she replaces Rinna.

Eithout the Queen they have no story.

• Love 14

I  have only ONE question.

Why in the hell do I watch this shit show? I mean, really. I am a pretty busy person with my own life and drama. Yet, I watch this crap. For the life of me, I will never know why. Never.

As for Erika and her condolence card- I feel what she wrote was more than appropriate. Sadly, after recently facing three deaths in my family, one friend, and my best friends son suddenly passing.......not even I know what to say anymore when reaching out. We all have our own grief, and handling others' grief is also quite difficult. I sent cards, called when appropriate. When my father passed, each and every single condolence  card that came to our family was a warm hug --- regardless of what it said. I so greatly appreciated the thoughts, to know my family was in the hearts of others, the care and concern were wonderfully overwhelming. Phone calls I ignored. I didn't want to talk. My guess is that if Erika DID call LVP, Lisa would have expected flowers. If flowers were sent, Lisa would have expected a dinner. If dinner were sent, Lisa would have expected her ass be wiped with fine British cotton.

These women are really so utterly disgusting. Catty, ruthless, entitled little bitches. I guess I watch to appreciate myself more for my respect and realism.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

The thing that I can't get over and the thing that I hope someone calls them out for at the reunion is: No matter how the information came out, Dorit and PK did a SHITTY thing. The fact that these women are so myopically focused on taking down LVP means that the SHITTY thing Dorit and PK did gets brushed under the rug. Even "Must be Accountable" Teddi is ignoring the fact that they, in fact, did do a SHITTY thing. 

I wonder if Bravo or the ladies anticipated that so many fans think the convoluted logic they are using to defend Dorit is  ridiculous.  They can put it out there, but, the viewers may just not buy it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

I  have only ONE question.

Why in the hell do I watch this shit show? I mean, really. I am a pretty busy person with my own life and drama. Yet, I watch this crap. For the life of me, I will never know why. Never.

As for Erika and her condolence card- I feel what she wrote was more than appropriate. Sadly, after recently facing three deaths in my family, one friend, and my best friends son suddenly passing.......not even I know what to say anymore when reaching out. We all have our own grief, and handling others' grief is also quite difficult. I sent cards, called when appropriate. When my father passed, each and every single condolence  card that came to our family was a warm hug --- regardless of what it said. I so greatly appreciated the thoughts, to know my family was in the hearts of others, the care and concern were wonderfully overwhelming. Phone calls I ignored. I didn't want to talk. My guess is that if Erika DID call LVP, Lisa would have expected flowers. If flowers were sent, Lisa would have expected a dinner. If dinner were sent, Lisa would have expected her ass be wiped with fine British cotton.

These women are really so utterly disgusting. Catty, ruthless, entitled little bitches. I guess I watch to appreciate myself more for my respect and realism.

Firstly, my condolences on all you have dealt with concerning recent passings of friends/family. I have been there (multiple dealths in a short time) and it is exhausting as well as devastating. 

I 100 percent agree with you that Erika's card was more than appropriate. She and LVP are co-workers. Nothing more. As far as I remember, they didn't know each other before Erika came on the show. (I remember the dinner where Erika's husband met LVP for the first time). In addition Erika may be one of those people who is not comfortable relaying condolences on the phone. I am like that myself, depending on the situation and closeness to the person involved. And like you, when I lost my parents I appreciated every card I received, and still have them, 24 years and 12 years later. But I don't remember who called. I am not an Erika fan, but am totally on her side with regards to the card. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10
(edited)
13 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Wow! This was great.  It’s the whole story without some crappy writer manipulating it to fit into an article.  It’s much clearer when you can actually hear what happened.

So this poster (me) apparently succumbed to some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, because two days after ranting about how much I didn't want to talk about a dog, I listened to the John Sessa interview (no, I am not bored at work; how dare you imply otherwise!) and I am...I guess, interested/confused...

Is John Sessa the man who appeared on camera in epi one?  Cause I know there are two Johns.  If this man, John Sessa, is, in fact, a doctor who holds a degree that is relevant to his position at VPD, there is no reason under the sun that he should suit up in a VPD uniform.  It is akin to Ray Kroc wearing a McDonald's uniform.  It just doesn't compute.  A lab coat?  Sure.  A generic uniform?  Catch me later with that bullshit.  

I fault Rinna for a lot, but not for thinking this man was an employee.  He was, as we say in the law, acting as an apparent employee.  There was no reason to think otherwise.

It seems like Sessa has a fundamental and ideological difference with LVP as to how these things should be handled.  If I had a doctorate and was practicing in my area (he mentions that he is "a doctor" in the interview only about a half a billion times), I would publicly parts ways with LVP and VPD.  I just couldn't stand with someone who wanted to sweep something so apparently dire under the rug.  I wouldn't really care if I had to live out of a van if it was in service of the greater good.

When someone does a hard-hitting "who, what, where, when, why, how" piece with Sessa, instead of a fluff piece to keep his ego afloat,  I will be really interested in the reason why he is still partnering with LVP.

I am going to be the bad guy and say this:  I don't care a lot about Lisa's brother. I really just don't.  She never mentioned her brother before (In any meaningful context). He apparently lived on another continent.  I think she is using his suicide as a way to gain sympathy and to excuse her actions.  If anyone watches Curb Your Enthusiam, there is an episode where Larry David found out his mother died, and he used it as an excuse to get out of every preexisting commitment and everything else he didn't want to do.  He was unabashedly joyful about this.  I'm not saying fiction is reality, but I think a big reason people laugh so much at Curb and Seinfled is because there is a fundamental truth below the surface that resonates with them.  It is of no moment to me that it was a suicide, considering, again, she never mentioned him and he wasn't a big part of her life.  Yolanda took us to Holland to meet her family; if Lisa's bro was such a big part of her life, we would have seen him.  I have more sympathy for Kim Richards losing her ex-husband Monty to cancer than I do for Lisa, merely for the fact that Kim was living with and helping Monty prior to his passing, and we knew about it because she cared enough to tell us about it prior to his death.  Until I hear from a credible source otherwise, this death doesn't give Lisa any kind of a pass from me.

Just to keep things simple, like I posted in the epi one thread, if the woman is well enough to return to work and film two reality shows, then she is well enough to roll with the punches doled out by her co-stars on those two reality shows.  It's such passive-aggressive bullshit to film multiple reality shows, but to cite your brother's death every time something goes poorly for you.  Either stay home and mend, or be prepared to be treated like everyone else.  She is one of the few of us who can afford to do so.  And bully to the idea that she returned to "work" because she thought "work" would be good for her.  According to Lisa, she already works 16 hour days at her various and sundry restaurants.  If that's not enough for her, and she felt it wise to return to film two reality shows in the hope that it would be "therapeutic," guess what?  You're not going to get treated with kid gloves, and you shouldn't expect it either.  

I have literally heard more about this death than I did about my paternal grandmother's in 2016.  Adults of advanced ages die, some by their own hand, some not.  It's gross to use as a storyline/excuse.  Can we please go back to the days when Heather Thomson began flilming RHNYC for the first time just days after her father passed, and only mentioned it in passing?  Hey Lisa, what happened to your stiff British upper lip?  

No wonder Erica took a picture of the condolence card after she was called out on national TV for not showing the proper amount of deference for the death of Pink Dog (I am ashamed I watch a show where the aforementioned sentence is an actual plot line).

Can someone please post a link to that Reddit timeline of RHBH that's been mentioned?  I can't find it, but I think it will shed a lot of truth on some of the bullshit that's been peddled. 

In parting:  When Taylor freaking Ford Armstrong shows more grace and dignity about a suicide than you, you might want to reevaluate the way you're portraying yourself on reality TV.  Just saying. 

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Spelling of "Sessa"
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I 100 percent agree with you that Erika's card was more than appropriate. She and LVP are co-workers. Nothing more. As far as I remember, they didn't know each other before Erika came on the show. (I remember the dinner where Erika's husband met LVP for the first time). In addition Erika may be one of those people who is not comfortable relaying condolences on the phone. I am like that myself, depending on the situation and closeness to the person involved. And like you, when I lost my parents I appreciated every card I received, and still have them, 24 years and 12 years later. But I don't remember who called. I am not an Erika fan, but am totally on her side with regards to the card. 

I think people provide condolences in the way they would like to receive them (if they've been in the position to have to receive them).  When my brother died many years ago, I didn't want people in my space but appreciated notes, flowers/plants, or calls sending thoughts.  A few years ago a friend lost her adult son in an accident, and my reaction was to call her, text her, let her know that way that I was there for whatever she needed.  Another friend wanted to go to her house, bring her food, etc and I just didn't feel comfortable doing that.

I can see that Erika would probably rather receive the type of note she sent, especially from someone she isn't close to, than an awkward call or visit.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

As far as I'm concerned, Dorito and PeeKay can be eviscerated for the rest of their miserable grifting lives, and I intend to do so.

So, whet your Ignore buttons, or buckle down.  Because I fully intend to snipe from the sides.

Seat belt fastened. 

• Love 5

LVP said she thought she and Erika were better friends that warranted more than a condolence note- doesn’t the nature of the note kind of answer that question? If Erika felt close to LVP she obviously would have responded accordingly. Bringing it up on camera was an epic fail for LVP. Shots fired.... and missed. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

HA!  I agree!  Peekay is a prick according to my friend that met him.  Didn't have good things to say about Dorit either.  I find them both to be gross grifters.  

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

This seems to confuse a reality show with actual reality.  Not everyone wants to appear on camera no matter how close they are to the person on the show. And if he never wanted to appear on the show, what reason would she ever have to discuss him? And, as someone who has lost a sibling (thankfully, not to suicide), I find it offensive that you would just assume that because YOU have never heard him mentioned before, then she isn't actually grieving for his loss, or is somehow just pretending to be upset in order to avoid the drama of a stupid television show. Her grief was obvious and palpable when she was talking to Kyle about it. I get people not like LVP or thinking that she is some evil mastermind, but I don't get anyone doubting someone's grief when they lose a family member. 

Totally agree with what you're saying.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

This seems to confuse a reality show with actual reality.  Not everyone wants to appear on camera no matter how close they are to the person on the show. And if he never wanted to appear on the show, what reason would she ever have to discuss him? And, as someone who has lost a sibling (thankfully, not to suicide), I find it offensive that you would just assume that because YOU have never heard him mentioned before, then she isn't actually grieving for his loss, or is somehow just pretending to be upset in order to avoid the drama of a stupid television show. Her grief was obvious and palpable when she was talking to Kyle about it. I get people not like LVP or thinking that she is some evil mastermind, but I don't get anyone doubting someone's grief when they lose a family member. 

I'm not quite sure it is me who is confused.  A woman is on reality TV for approximately nine years.  It is my opinion that, had her brother been a major part of her life, she would have mentioned him, even if he did not want to be filmed.  I didn't assert that LVP "had" to discuss her brother; just that it is odd that she didn't, and I'm not sympathetic to her as a result, as juxtaposed against Kim and Taylor, and even as juxtaposed against Lisa Rinna, who lost her sister to substance abuse.  Seeing as how these departed people were named and mentioned, I give those who lost them much more of a pass than I give LVP, that's my opinion, and I'm not quite sure I have an intention of altering it, regardless of whom is offended.

Now, offering evidence that Lisa did, in fact, have her brother as a part of her life, would potentially sway me.  Emotional appeals that lack a logical underpinning don't sway my viewpoints as a viewer.  I will also thank you kindly for not addressing me as "YOU."  It's a bit disrespectful.  

If the "television show" is, in fact, so "stupid," again I ask:  why is LVP on it, and why is she not taking personal time to grieve?  That's the real disprespect and offense, in my eyes.  She loses someone who is supposedly so dear to her that she makes his death a storyline, but we haven't heard about him in nine seasons? Hmm...

To paraphrase Alex McCord in her comments to Jill Zarin in season three of RHNYC, "who gossips about a death?"  Who uses as death of a heretofore unseen person as a storyline, indeed?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Anyone could see that Dorit and PK have no business getting a dog. LVP, Kyle, Rinna, and Erika all have at least one dog, so copycat Dorit decided her spawn needed a puppy. Even though Dorit has two very young children that are cared for by nannies. 😡

Last season, long before the Lucy scandal, Lisa V basically told Dorit she only tolerated her because she likes PK. Or something like that. Now with what happened with Lucy, Lisa V doesn't give a shit for PK, so Dorit is just up for pecking.

Lisa V, despite her love, admirable love, for dogs, is not very nice to real people. And I think that says something about her character. I do see, and don't like, how she is trying to manipulate everyone and it's childish to me. Lisa V was screwed by PK (I say PK because I think he's the one that wanted to punish the dog) and she has a right to be angry. That said, she bears some responsibility for giving them a dog that they clearly do not have the mind for.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, 918lux said:

Wow.  This post is so offensive.

First, I don't believe Lisa has made the loss of her brother in to a story line.  It's something that happened, she obviously has feelings around it and has acknowledged those feelings on the reality tv programs she is a part of.  Just because she returned for work doesn't make it ok for her coworkers to come for her over a total non-issue story.  I have gone back to work following the death of a close loved one and I didn't expect to be treated as the company punching bag.  Additionally, it's been reported numerous times that she asked to take the year off and Evolution told her no.

I also don't think it's fair to assume that just because we never saw them together that they weren't close.  It's also not fair to think someone can't seriously grieve the loss of a sibling they weren't even that close to.  Death can bring about many unresolved feelings- all of the "what ifs?" and "what were we even fighting over?" can take a serious toll.  Not to mention, the loss of an immediate family member- no matter how close- starts to bring up the feeling that at some point, there may be no one left who knows your story- who knows the story of your family.  Loss and grief are tricky emotions, and certainly don't deserve to be trivialized.

So true - I'm sobbing reading your last paragraph - all the memories you had growing up and you can't talk about them to someone that KNOWS anymore.

• Love 18