Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Sun and Shade in the Bahamas

• Start Topic

On 2/28/2019 at 8:47 AM, Higgins said:

Teddi was on board with exposing Dorit. I would have been too. Then she realized LVP was going to bow out and blame her that she was like fuck that bitch.

Yeah.  This is EXACTLY what happened.  Much like how Rinna was OK dropping the Munchausen thing on camera only to find out that LVP was going to let her twist in the wind.  And Brandi with the tabloids in PR.  It's a pattern w/LVP. It's how she operates and she's finally getting called on it.   

We can think what Dorit and PK did was shitty and horrible and also think LVP is in the wrong as well.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

Yeah.  This is EXACTLY what happened.  Much like how Rinna was OK dropping the Munchausen thing on camera only to find out that LVP was going to let her twist in the wind.  And Brandi with the tabloids in PR.  It's a pattern w/LVP. It's how she operates and she's finally getting called on it.   

We can think what Dorit and PK did was shitty and horrible and also think LVP is in the wrong as well.  

I don't buy it. Rinna and Kyle discussed the Munchausen thing LONG before LVP even knew that they were thinking in that direction. She was brought into the discussion after Rinna and Kyle had already discussed it. I still believe that Brandi lied about the tabloids because Yolanda and the other woman (was it Carlton?) were also there and they have no recollection of the conversation happening. And since Yo was not Team LVP at the time, she would have relished the opportunity to back Brandi against her. 

I do believe that LVP bears some responsibility in the dog thing, mainly in allowing PK and Dorit to shop and return pets as though they were accessories. And I will even say that she should have been upfront about how she outed them and their shitty behavior. But, Dorit and PK should be getting much more backlash than LVP here. Because I don't care how the information came out - whether it was manipulated or it was just a series of unrelated events- what they did was shitty and they need to be held accountable for it. 

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, 918lux said:

it's been reported numerous times that she asked to take the year off and Evolution told her no.

I hope that no one expects me to revise my opinion in light of their being offended. I'm not...we can agree to disagree.  I don't suspect it's going anywhere further than there.

What I think is offensive, if we're going there, is what is quoted above about Lisa.  She is so broken that she thinks she needs a year to heal, but since the production compancy said no, she stayed and filmed her grief instead of, I don't know, walking away?  This type of exploitation of a death  exhibited by Lisa is closer to the Parisian paps who took photos of Princess Diana right after her death than anything I could possibly say on an Internet message board IMO.

Opinions are like eyeballs; we all have them.  I'm perfectly fine with having my opinion characterized as "callous."  I recognize that my approach is certain not touchy-feely, but that's what makes a horse race.  I'm not an overly sympathetic person.  I propose we drop it for the sake of not derailing the discussion, but that's merely a suggestion.  If peeps want to continue to weigh in on my alleged offensiveness, It's not really going to affect anything about how I perceive my own comments.  Like I said, evidence would persuade me, not emotion.  If no one minds, I will dip out of this particular discussion, because I think it's like beating a dead horse.  

I have had this Lincoln quote rattling around in my brain for a few days now, and I guess this was the place I was supposed to use it: "If the end brings me out all right, what's said against me won't amount to anything." 

@Juliegirlj, do you have any more info on the reality show Mr VP was on?  Inquiring minds want to know...

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, MrsWitter said:

Your example is also a big reason why many people talk about the inherent selfishness and lack of empathy on Seinfeld and Curb. They weren’t good people.

There’s A LOT to critique about LVP, but I don’t feel like I’m in a position to judge how she handles her grief or what she might really be feeling about her brother’s death. To say “adults of advanced ages die” is quite callous. He wasn’t her grandparent of advanced age dying of natural causes. Those who survive the suicide of a close relative or friend deal with a heck of a lot of complex grief and guilt that is often very different than the grief one might experience when a grandparent dies. And, as others have alluded to, why should we assume him not being on the show is some reflection of their relationship? And what does living on another continent have to do with anything? Physical proximity is not an indicator of emotional bonds.

ETA: Also, why would a PhD in International Business wear a lab coat?

Nevermind.  Bowing out

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, TVFANNO1 said:

So true - I'm sobbing reading your last paragraph - all the memories you had growing up and you can't talk about them to someone that KNOWS anymore.

Ah, this is so on the nose. I lost someone who I was extremely close to in my teenage years and early 20s, but whom I hadn't spoken to in maybe a decade and his death WRECKED me for a full year. I remember a friend of mine saying to me "I get it, now you're the only one who holds those memories." and man that really felt like a knife in the heart, because it got right to the core of it. I feel a ton of empathy for Lisa and she's a person I don't normally really like that much. She's okay, but Kyle has always been my favorite and I've really understood Kyle's frustrations with LVP over the years. Additionally, I hated that Erica got so much hate for calling her a sniper from the side because I think that's an extremely apt description of her.

I think Sessa's account is probably right on and it doesn't make Lisa look good either. I fully believe that he was furious all on his own and is responsible for his own actions. That said, I also believe that LVP was still angry at Dorit and trying to pretend that she wasn't and instead letting it all come out in her typical passive-aggressive sniper from the side way. Problem is? I don't care. I'm fine with Dorit being dragged because she deserves it for this and so much more, I'm sure.

I honestly can't imagine being an experienced reality tv vet (Kyle) and looking at the situation in front of you: LVP - very popular person on the show grieving the loss of a brother who committed suicide and thinking "ah yes, THIS is the time to really take her to task over this grifter of a woman getting her feelings hurt!" Like, just the fact that they're are stupid enough to do that makes me think way less of them. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

ETA: Also, why would a PhD in International Business wear a lab coat?

For the same reason a pharmacist wears one; to convey authority.  It would actually make more sense IMO for a self-confessed doctor to wear a lab coat when he is around puppies, as it could keep him from getting messy.  If he doesn't want to wear a lab coat, if he feels that is too on the nose, as he is not an MD or a DVM, he can wear a suit along with some insignia that he is a person of authority.  Wearing a lab coat makes far more sense to me than wearing the same clothing as the other employees/volunteers. Even the managers at Applebee's dress differently from the wait staff. 

My point is that it is inconsistent/strange/disingenuous to appear on television dressed as a lay employee and then become incesnsed and take to the media, insisting multpile times that you are a "doctor" (not someone who possesses a PhD, but "a doctor") when someone mistakes you for an employee.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

For the same reason a pharmacist wears one; to convey authority.  

Gotta say, some medically untrained dude dressing up like he's on Gray's Anatomy would make me completely distrust the rescue org -- I'd wonder, Why the need for such pretense? What are they trying to hide by overcompensating? Is this place for real? -- imo, it's smart Sessa doesn't play that kind of game.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 17
27 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

For the same reason a pharmacist wears one; to convey authority.  It would actually make more sense IMO for a self-confessed doctor to wear a lab coat when he is around puppies, as it could keep him from getting messy.  If he doesn't want to wear a lab coat, if he feels that is too on the nose, as he is not an MD or a DVM, he can wear a suit along with some insignia that he is a person of authority.  Wearing a lab coat makes far more sense to me than wearing the same clothing as the other employees/volunteers. Even the managers at Applebee's dress differently from the wait staff. 

My point is that it is inconsistent/strange/disingenuous to appear on television dressed as a lay employee and then become incesnsed and take to the media, insisting multpile times that you are a "doctor" (not someone who possesses a PhD, but "a doctor") when someone mistakes you for an employee.  

I know a lot of PhD's, worked around them for eons.  They do NOT wear a lab coat unless they are in a lab and some PhD's never see a lab therefore no coat.  This guy is a doctor like Dr. Phil was a doctor.  A PhD holder.  Perhaps he isn't someone who NEEDS to have his higher level of authority on display.  The only thing that differentiates me from my staff is my age.  I think it is actually respectable that someone doesn't need to flaunt their higher education.

I was going to bow out but have to comment on the advanced aged comment.  He was 59 not an advanced age at all.  Suicide is a bitch to deal with.  My 90 year old relative committed suicide.  Took pills, put a bag over his head, and got in the tub.  His death was AWFUL.  Had he died of natural causes it would have been sad but he was 90.  The way he killed himself?  Haunting and tragic and took me ages to get the mental image out of my head.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Someone who possesses a PhD is a doctor. They have a doctorate in some field. An MD is also a doctor, a medical doctor. The title of doctor is not protected, though, which means you can use it without having a doctorate or an MD. This is why Dr. Phil is allowed to call himself Dr. Phil even though he is not an MD and does not have a license to practice even psychology. 

I think LVP is really grieving. Losing a sibling, even one who you are estranged from or don't see/talk to very often, is devastating. My husband no longer talks to his brother and has cut him out of his life for multiple reasons including an untreated axis I mental disorder (my husband can't watch his brother self destruct because he refuses to take his psych meds, it's just too painful), and because his brother has done things to really hurt my husband and me. That said, if his brother died, my husband would be devastated. He still loves his brother despite everything he has done to him. LVP, whatever you think about her, is clearly grieving. 

I know a lot of people think LVP is a narcissist but that doesn't preclude her from caring about others or loving others. It would just mean she was limited in her ability to love or care about others. Narcissists still love their families in their own way and they still grieve when someone they love dies. Even most psychopaths (those who lack empathy and an emotional attachment to right or wrong) love their families, though their love is very limited. Only in severe cases (like the psychopaths who turn out to be serial killers—Ted Bundy or Charles Manson, for example) do they have no ability to love even in a limited or messed up way. I used to really like LVP but have cooled towards her over the years. Still, I in no way doubt she loved her brother and that she is truly grieving. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

How do you know she never discussed him? You don’t. You only know that, up until this point, Bravo has not shown you any footage of her discussing him. They don’t film her 24/7, nor do they air even 1/10th of all the footage they have. Seriously, it’s recommended by any professional that you have at least 40x the amount of footage as the time slot for what airs, since it gives you wiggle room on the cutting room floor. 

If you don’t get it, you don’t get it, but by the looks of it here, most of us do. 

48 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

It’s called being under contract - if, after your trial first season, Bravo decides they wanna add you as a full time cast member, you sign a contract for a certain number of seasons, 2, 3, whatever and they expire and renew every couple of years. So if LVP signed a contract to film seasons 7-9 for X amount of $ and then she just walks away, they can sue her ass for breach of contract, they can literally come after every dime she’s earned from them the last 3 seasons. 

I think you’re in “double down on my point” mode, so you prolly won’t really take in what’s being said here, but for everyone else wondering, this is likely why she didn’t just walk away. This is showbiz.

Ok, @shetalkshit, I appreciate that your posts did include facts, but I think they are contradictory.  On the one hand, you say that I don't know about Lisa's relationship with her brother, and I don't, you're right.  I am going off of what I know from the show that I am not interested in an extensive tour of grief, just like I am not interested in the dog.  I do feel bad for people, and I do like dogs, but it's not good for the show.  

On the other hand, you are holding me to one standard--that I can't make any inferences about the relationship with her brother even though they got into a screaming fight at a restaurant last year--but you are holding yourself to another standard by implying that you know how the woman's contract operates.  No one knows what is in those Bravo contracts.  None of us has any idea what Lisa could potentiallly be sued for if she breaches her contract, but I do not think that if she went to her bosses, hat in hand, and said informed them that she  is on the verge of emotional breakdown and she just can't do this, she is willing to forgo the money, and TPTB said, "no, you're filiming anyway," she could not only breach the contract, but she could go to the media with that story, and TPTB would be hurting, and they know it too.  I'm not sure how much of a penalty Adrienne suffered for skipping the S3 reunion.  She seems ok.  I don't doubt that there would be some financial penalty, but so what?  Dina left RHNJ midway through filming season two, and she was not one of the richer--never mind the richest--housewife, and she not only returned to the show four seasons later, but she left again, and she seems to be doing fine today. 

As a lawyer, I am not convinced that the damages clause of their contracts could be so punitive that they could ruin or make a substantial dent in LVP's financial empire.  When a court detects a "penalty clause" in a contract, it is quick to void that portion of the contract.  

I disagree with your contention that I "don't get it" because I don't happen to agree with you.  I'm not sure that's a fair chareracterization, but I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch about it.  Annnnd now I'm really done discussing this, unless new information comes to light.  

I'm not so much in "double-down mode" as I am straightforward about the fact that words like "offensive" and "callous" aren't going to change my mind; facts are.  I guess that's why I responded to your posts.  Because you talked more fact that I have seen before.  But, alas, all good things must come to an end, as my part in this discussion is over or my husband's gonna kill me for being on the ipad too long.  Be well. 🙂

4 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I am not trying to make you change your mind or opinion. I just want to acknowledge that I, personally, found your approach offensive. Nothing other than that. I completely understand that you don't care and want to drop it. I am fine with dropping it. But, I feel that my stance is every bit as valid as yours, so I responded. 

Fair enough.  Thank you.  I respect that.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, beaker73 said:

With such authority.  You must be a fly on ALL the walls 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

According to John Sessa, the first dog was returned by Dorit because it bit the family. 

Does anyone recall if Dorit specifically stated that the PK nose injury shown in that photo was caused by Lucy or did she just say the "dog" bit her children and PK?

I think (without any facts or proof) that she returned the first dog to VPD because it did bite/scratch PK.  Then for whatever reason (doggy breath, vacation, barking, annoying, too big, too expensive, etc) it was decided they no longer wanted Lucy but felt they couldn't return her to VDP because the "biting excuse" had already been used for the first dog. So they got the acquaintance of a co-worker of PK's associate to find her a new home, which the idiot did by dropping her at a shelter.  I don't believe for a nanosecond that Dorit herself would walk into a shelter of any kind, simply because that is beneath her.

Thank goodness for microchipping and that Lucy ended up back with VDP!

Dorit said on the show that Lucy bit PK.  She also claimed in People magazine in September that it bit her daughter.  The photo of the bite on the nose is apparently from the first dog, Madison, that she returned, NOT from Lucy.  She keeps changing who Lucy bit.  

10 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Regarding PuppyGate, I’m not sure what to think. After reading what John Sessa has to say, I’m inclined to believe him. I think John Sessa was pissed the fuck off after hearing what Dorit did, especially since this was the 2nd time she’d done so and it was a dog he’d hand-reared himself for the first 8 wks of her life. I think he told Lisa he wanted to let the world know what Dorit did, I think this was his idea. I think Lisa probably protested him, but since it wasn’t really about her and she likes/respects John Sessa, she didn’t really put up too much of a fight and figured, “Ok, if he’s gonna do this, he’s gonna do this, but I’ll just keep saying STOP so Dorit knows I don’t condone/agree with him trying to make her look bad.” She didn’t stop, fire or cut ties with John Sessa because she agreed with him/was sympathetic to his POV, but that doesn’t mean she supported the way he went about it. She didn’t set it up or agree with it, she just didn’t care enough to stop it, it wasn’t her battle to fight. I think John Sessa is being honest, this was all him, he was pissed. The only thing LVP is “guilty” of here is perhaps not trying harder to shut it down or stop John, but she doesn’t owe Dorit that. She’s not gonna risk having tension with John Sessa, a man she clearly respects and likes (he was involved in the Stop Yukon doc and a couple other big animal projects, so they share a common passion) by cutting him off or having a serious fight with him over a mistake Dorit made. I get it. 

Lisa did tell John Sessa to stop, several times.  She also made it clear that Dorit wasn't to blame and had done nothing wrong.  He is a co-founder of VDP Pets, though, so I don't know that Lisa can fire him.  She could quit the organization, but I don't know that she can fire him like she could if he was just, say, Peter the manager at SUR.

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am going to be the bad guy and say this:  I don't care a lot about Lisa's brother. I really just don't.  She never mentioned her brother before (In any meaningful context). He apparently lived on another continent.  I think she is using his suicide as a way to gain sympathy and to excuse her actions.  If anyone watches Curb Your Enthusiam, there is an episode where Larry David found out his mother died, and he used it as an excuse to get out of every preexisting commitment and everything else he didn't want to do.  He was unabashedly joyful about this.  I'm not saying fiction is reality, but I think a big reason people laugh so much at Curb and Seinfled is because there is a fundamental truth below the surface that resonates with them.  It is of no moment to me that it was a suicide, considering, again, she never mentioned him and he wasn't a big part of her life.  Yolanda took us to Holland to meet her family; if Lisa's bro was such a big part of her life, we would have seen him.  I have more sympathy for Kim Richards losing her ex-husband Monty to cancer than I do for Lisa, merely for the fact that Kim was living with and helping Monty prior to his passing, and we knew about it because she cared enough to tell us about it prior to his death.  Until I hear from a credible source otherwise, this death doesn't give Lisa any kind of a pass from me.

Many people on a variety of reality shows don't discuss certain people in their lives in order to maintain their privacy.  I don't think it's that unusual.  On Married to Medicine, Heavenly has a son that doesn't appear on the show and she has only ever mentioned him on one reunion, literally only saying "I think most people don't realize I have another son, he doesn't like to film"  One of the Osbourne kids didn't want to be on the show, so, Ozzie and Sharon never talked about their 3rd kid.  If I were to sign up for a reality tv show (there's no way in hell that I would, but, for the sake of argument), I can guarantee my parents would NEVER appear on it.  I'd probably keep references to my family to a minimum, to respect their privacy.  A story of how "As a kid, we always made these cookies on Christmas Eve" is one thing, but, a specific story about a time my sibling and I did x and got in trouble because our parents found out and then the consequences were y?  Nah.  

But, should someone in my family die, I think it would be natural to say "I lost this person and I'm devastated"  It would be awful and hard, and I think people are aware that the people on tv do likely have family members they aren't showing.  I get that it's not the same as a person we're familiar with, so we don't share the loss the same way we do when Tony Bourdain died, we "knew" him, so you feel it personally.  But, I can see how Lisa is still torn apart by the loss of her sibling, even though she kept that part of her life quiet and offscreen.

4 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Now Teddi is asking for 'empathy'.  hmmmmm when did they give any empathy to Lisa?

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/lisa-vanderpump-dorit-kemsley-feud-teddi-mellencamp-arroyave-reacts

Teddi Mellencamp Arroyave Asks for Empathy Amid The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Drama

"I am asking you to be mindful of the fact that we are also real people, that your words hurt," she shared.

This is amusing to me.  Other people are also real people and the words she uses hurts them.  When she puts out a blog and says "I understand Lisa is grieving but SHE IS STILL CHOOSING TO ACT THIS WAY" well, ok, Teddi, the words may hurt you because you're a real person, but you still chose to act that way, so perhaps be accountable for what you did/said?

11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I know a lot of PhD's, worked around them for eons.  They do NOT wear a lab coat unless they are in a lab and some PhD's never see a lab therefore no coat.  This guy is a doctor like Dr. Phil was a doctor.  A PhD holder.  Perhaps he isn't someone who NEEDS to have his higher level of authority on display.  The only thing that differentiates me from my staff is my age.  I think it is actually respectable that someone doesn't need to flaunt their higher education.

He has a PhD in Business Administration, so I would think it would be kind of silly to wear a lab coat.  Also, he works with dogs in a fairly hands on setting, so I imagine he probably gets messy.  My husband has a professional job, but in a work environment that is a manufacturing plant.  On any given day he could be wearing business casual clothing, the same uniform as the guys who work on the actual floor of the plant or his own clothing that I have designated as "work clothes" (these consist of inexpensive jeans and darker shirts that also were not expensive).  Things get ripped, covered in grease, dirt, stained with I have no idea what pretty easily and so it's really not worth buying expensive, "good" work clothes to constantly replace when they get destroyed.  If he might get covered in poop or animal hair, why not wear a uniform?

• Love 17
4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Last season, long before the Lucy scandal, Lisa V basically told Dorit she only tolerated her because she likes PK. Or something like that. Now with what happened with Lucy, Lisa V doesn't give a shit for PK, so Dorit is just up for pecking.

Lisa has been going after Dorit since Dorit acted like a bitch when Lisa asked her to pose for "her" magazine.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, glowbug said:

I know a lot of people think LVP is a narcissist but that doesn't preclude her from caring about others or loving others. It would just mean she was limited in her ability to love or care about others. Narcissists still love their families in their own way and they still grieve when someone they love dies.

EVERY single Real Housewife is a narcissist. There is no way that you can assume that people will care enough to watch an edited hour of your life every week unless you are a narcissist. I can't name a single Real Housewife who is NOT a narcissist. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

She has?

Last season she was.  I specifically remember when Dorit gave her the bracelet for her birthday, but basically she was giving Dorit a big old dose of British Humor every time they were together after that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I'm not quite sure it is me who is confused.  A woman is on reality TV for approximately nine years.  It is my opinion that, had her brother been a major part of her life, she would have mentioned him, even if he did not want to be filme

Agreed, I had an acquaintance from a woman’s club that I knew for years, never knew she had a sister until she passed away. All those years and all those conversations, and I thought she was an only child, and she loved to talk about herself...

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Agreed, I had an acquaintance from a woman’s club that I knew for years, never knew she had a sister until she passed away. All those years and all those conversations, and I thought she was an only child, and she loved to talk about herself...

So, because you never knew she had a sister, her grief wasn't real when her sister died?

• Love 9

DR. John does not have a PhD. He might have a doctorate, but not a PhD. He went to Argosy (an online school) and they don't offer PhDs (obviously, it's online). I'm not sure what he is a doctor of... maybe business?

It also looks like Argosy might close-- their federal funding got cut, so you can't get a federal loan anymore to go there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

DR. John does not have a PhD. He might have a doctorate, but not a PhD. He went to Argosy (an online school) and they don't offer PhDs (obviously, it's online). I'm not sure what he is a doctor of... maybe business?

It also looks like Argosy might close-- their federal funding got cut, so you can't get a federal loan anymore to go there.

You’re right: he does have a doctorate, not a PhD. I apologize for the mischaracterization. But, much to the dismay of myself and many I know and have worked with, you can absolutely get a PhD online at many institutions (of varying reputability). It’s unfortunately becoming way too common. 

• Useful 2

I'm glad that Camille is back.  Although she got off to a rough start in her first season, I still like her.  It's sad watching this footage of her knowing that not long after this was filmed (weeks? months?) that her house burned down.  That's a tough loss for her and everyone out there who went through those devastating fires.  

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

So, because you never knew she had a sister, her grief wasn't real when her sister died?

Actually, I think that makes her grief worse but harder to understand.

Well, this is what happens when I post after drinking wine - that’s all one me and I stand corrected in that regard. 

Actually, the fact that I didn’t know she had a sister (despite having known her for over 12 years, hearing her talk about her family repeatedly, ad nauseum, remembering when her mom passed away when I had only known her for less than a year and her love of Facebook - well, I avoid Facebook at all costs) is to me ... is unusual. 

Actually, the fact that I didn’t know she had a sister just seemed very parallel to the fact that Lisa (who is the public eye) had a brother that no one knew about struck me (I’m my humble defense, I should probably post when I’m sober...).

so here’s what I think I’m trying to say: relationships are personal and no one else’s business. Just because you’re in the public eye doesn’t mean you want everything revealed, nor should that be.

However, when you lose someone in your life, it’s very personal and suicide is horrible. But when your relationship with said individual is strained  I think that can make everything so much harder and more challenging. In that, I really feel LVP’s pain. But if your “friends” know nothing about the situation or the personal dynamics, no matter their intent, makes it hard to be the support you in your time of need. Especially when your friends are reality TV friends.

I think losing someone when relationships are strained makes that loss so much more tramactic and rough.

But the fact that her friends couldn’t relate to her or really understand what she may be going through may be in part to her internalizing too many feelings.

Also, if you’ve never talked about said person, it can be harder to feel you’re friend’s pain. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

You’re right: he does have a doctorate, not a PhD. I apologize for the mischaracterization. But, much to the dismay of myself and many I know and have worked with, you can absolutely get a PhD online at many institutions (of varying reputability). It’s unfortunately becoming way too common. 

I totally agree! I got into a rigorous doctoral program that accepted 7-8 people a year out over over 300 applicants a year - so rigorous but now devalued - my ex boss from years ago who is an idiot now has one...l

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

In parting:  When Taylor freaking Ford Armstrong shows more grace and dignity about a suicide than you, you might want to reevaluate the way you're portraying yourself on reality TV.  Just saying.  

As I recall, Taylor's behavior was astonishingly bad. The friend her husband was staying with, because she was divorcing him, said that after paramedics arrived that she ran into the street sobbing that someone needed to help her. Others had to tell her to please remove her daughter, whom she was apparently completely ignoring, from the scene. She later went on a local morning show and said reality TV had probably saved her and her daughter from being murdered by Russell. She also quickly made the rounds with stories and photos purporting abuse.

I don't think mildly complaining about a note of condolence (which I do agree was sufficient) and chiding a friend about not showing up at your new restaurant begins to compare. Much less not wanting to get into it with the others about Dorit. As it is, despite her always trying to shut down the conversation they managed to villanize her anyway.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
23 hours ago, film noire said:

Twelve Angry Posters:  It's Must-See PTV! Two guys on a blog somewhere -- and one chick on twitter -- call it the online forum drama of the year! A dozen PTV posters - arguing ever finer points of the law -- and posting snotty emoticons about each other in PMs - prevent a miscarriage of justice by stopping Lisa Rinna from going free.

I'm not sure in what century I'm going to be able to stop laughing over this, especially the bolded part and the jpeg!

• Love 3

Regarding whether or not it was reasonable for Rinna or anyone else to assume John Sessa was an employee, I think that's a moot point.

The real issue is that Rinna and many others insisted LVP put him up to it or he would not have discussed Lucy's unfortunate circumstances. He has now come out and said he is not an employee and the opinion was his own, so there is now no basis to lay the "outing" of Dorit et.al. at LVP's feet.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Actually, the fact that I didn’t know she had a sister just seemed very parallel to the fact that Lisa (who is the public eye) had a brother that no one knew about struck me (I’m my humble defense, I should probably post when I’m sober...).

Sometimes it's hard for me to articulate what I want to say when I'm sober and I wonder if drunk posting might help me make my point more clearly! LOL!

That said, families can be weird.  I have/had both a biological father and a stepfather that I consider my father (and lived with for most of my childhood), and many people who know me casually didn't know that until the biofather died and it was a bit hard to explain how my father died but I then would talk about doing something with my father.  I also have multiple siblings, and am very, very close with one, while not at all close with another, and so sometimes people don't realize that one exists.  It's not that I'm hiding that one, I just don't have stories that include them and they typically only come up when people are like "so, are you the oldest?" And then I rattle off how many kids, the age differences and boy vs girl.  Then they're like, wait, I've never heard about that one.  

If I were on tv, I'd be super careful about what I said about any friend or family member who didn't choose to come on.  Everyone is entitled to put what they want of themselves out there, and I respect the people who let their kids/family choose if they want to be public and onscreen.  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

But if your “friends” know nothing about the situation or the personal dynamics, no matter their intent, makes it hard to be the support you in your time of need.

This can be true when someone is going through some other kind of personal turmoil that they don't share with others.  In a sense this is why I am giving LVP a pass on all of her emotions so far.  Having gone through something deeply personal many years ago, no one around me at work had a clue, and I found myself being distant, moody, and a little hard to get along with at times.  Looking back I feel really bad that I let my emotions get the better of me, but I can understand the roller coaster of emotions that LVP is on.  I'm not saying that she should get a pass for life, but hopefully with time she'll come to terms with everything and her emotions will calm down.

I deal with lots of people everyday, and sometimes whenever someone seems mad or rude to me I try to remember that there might just be something they're going through that I don't have a clue about, and that I should give them the benefit of the doubt before I make a judgment on them.  I had a patient once who was always so crabby, but then I found out that she had serious back issues with chronic pain.  That put it all into perspective.   Of course there are the times when an angry person is just being an ass because that's who they are, so my bad thoughts about them are justified!

• Love 13

I wonder if Ken’s advancing age weighs heavily on LVP’s mind during her grieving for her brother? Sometimes an unexpected death can be a huge reminder of our own mortality and that of our loved ones. 

• Love 12
On 2/27/2019 at 9:19 AM, esco1822 said:

Lisa is hardly getting a pass on her behavior by this board. I have no problem saying that I thought it was in poor taste to bring that up--though I did think the note was generic as opposed to some people's characterization of the note as "heartfelt." I'm not judging Erika for it and I agree they were not close and she didn't necessarily "owe" LVP anything more. I do think LVP brought this up to deflect the conversation off what everyone wanted her to say in that moment--that she was still upset with Dorit about the dog. 

I agree. It sounded like something a person would send a coworker or someone they didn't know that well. Polite but formal. Still, Lisa shouldn't have said anything in that forum. 

If she really wanted to discuss it with Erika, she should've waited until the two were alone. But I think it would've been better left unsaid. Show grace. People aren't perfect. Erika tried. Perhaps the card reflected how she views their friendship--cordial but not close. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

This seems to confuse a reality show with actual reality.  Not everyone wants to appear on camera no matter how close they are to the person on the show. And if he never wanted to appear on the show, what reason would she ever have to discuss him? And, as someone who has lost a sibling (thankfully, not to suicide), I find it offensive that you would just assume that because YOU have never heard him mentioned before, then she isn't actually grieving for his loss, or is somehow just pretending to be upset in order to avoid the drama of a stupid television show. Her grief was obvious and palpable when she was talking to Kyle about it. I get people not like LVP or thinking that she is some evil mastermind, but I don't get anyone doubting someone's grief when they lose a family member. 

ALL OF THIS.  LIsa was heartbroken.  😢

• Love 21
On 2/28/2019 at 9:50 PM, endure said:

uggggh Erica!  I can't stand her.......

I agree.  She is so damn smug.  She looked ridiculous in her Body Armour shirt, those ugly ass sunglasses that pinched her nose, and that dreadful ponytail.

And I get that LisaV shouldn’t have mentioned the note, but for crikes sake, it was written on a monogrammed card....so personal and heartwarming, and anyone with any heart would have just told Lisa, oh I’m sorry....I do care about you.  But no, Erika had to smash her plate down and say she was going to defend herself to the ground.  What a hateful bitch.  She has had zero storylines since she arrived, except her C*** act, and she is nothing but tiresome and snotty.  I actually preferred Yolanda...especially since she is now divorced.  

I only like LVP and Denise.  Teddy went down in flames quickly.  Rinna needs to get the hell off my television.  Oh, and btw, Dorit has professionals who make her look like a poodle?!?!

I guess NY is my last housewives show.

• Love 22

I was moved and impressed with how straightforward, understanding, and loving Denise was in describing the special needs of her youngest daughter.  Whatever shakes out courtesy of the eternal wellspring of soul-damaging crap that is this franchise, Denise is a great person.

• Love 22

I think I’m pretty much done with Doggy-Gate. I said my piece previously in the comments awhile ago. IMO - Dorit’s still a ridiculous person BTW.

But - given I have nothing bettter with my time to do, I listened to the Sessa(?) interview. He answered my question that out of the 850 dogs VP Dogs apparently adopted out - it was the first they got a call from a shelter to come get the dog.

• Useful 12
  • Love 7
On 3/1/2019 at 11:17 AM, TVFANNO1 said:

Now Teddi is asking for 'empathy'.  hmmmmm when did they give any empathy to Lisa?

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/lisa-vanderpump-dorit-kemsley-feud-teddi-mellencamp-arroyave-reacts

Teddi Mellencamp Arroyave Asks for Empathy Amid The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Drama

"I am asking you to be mindful of the fact that we are also real people, that your words hurt," she shared.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:28 PM, film noire said:

(Sorry FN... I accidentally deleted the WHOLE quote!) BOY, Teddi’s Insta post was a desperate and transparent grab for sympathy. “Let me post this picture of me and my cherubic kids in order to make you feel guilty about your comments.” I don’t love seeing nastiness online (or anywhere), but at the same time—Teddi SHOULD be accountable for how she acts. If she really “recanted” her opinion and regretted her behavior, there are ways she could subtly hint at it without violating any terms of her contract.

18 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Actually... some respectable online programs (usually associated with brick-and-mortar universities) do grant PhDs. 

• Love 8