Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Sun and Shade in the Bahamas

• Start Topic

Erika’s joke about wanting a guy with a 70 inch dick was such a try hard joke. Her lame glam squad would prob laugh hysterically. Like no woman in the history of women would want 70 inches lol like just no.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
53 minutes ago, Marley said:

Erika’s joke about wanting a guy with a 70 inch dick was such a try hard joke.

Cunty, indeed.  😉

49 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Her glam squad must hate her with how ridiculous they make her look. She’s like the emperor with no clothes. 

I find their whole routine ridiculous.  I am happy that I don't need an entire squad to get me dressed and made up everyday.  I don't need someone to pick out a theme for the day either.  If I had her money and social standing, I would probably hire a stylist to help me with the basics, but I wouldn't need them to sit in my closet and await my arrival so that they could dress me.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I agree.  She is so damn smug.  She looked ridiculous in her Body Armour shirt, those ugly ass sunglasses that pinched her nose, and that dreadful ponytail.

And I get that LisaV shouldn’t have mentioned the note, but for crikes sake, it was written on a monogrammed card....so personal and heartwarming, and anyone with any heart would have just told Lisa, oh I’m sorry....I do care about you.  But no, Erika had to smash her plate down and say she was going to defend herself to the ground.  What a hateful bitch.  She has had zero storylines since she arrived, except her C*** act, and she is nothing but tiresome and snotty.  I actually preferred Yolanda...especially since she is now divorced.  

I only like LVP and Denise.  Teddy went down in flames quickly.  Rinna needs to get the hell off my television.  Oh, and btw, Dorit has professionals who make her look like a poodle?!?!

I guess NY is my last housewives show.

They all drive me insane they just think they're so gorgeous but they are just a bunch of old hags.  Who goes everywhere with a 'glam squad' and IMHO she is not attractive and she does't even have a great body.  When they were all parading around in their bikinis etc I wanted them to all stand side by side in a line-up so we could go over each one and compare & criticize their appearance one by one ha ha.  They are just too much.  I am liking Denise too but I wonder if she will stay on the show.....not sure she can put up with Rinna & Erica etc....The only other Real I watch is OC, maybe I will try New York.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I agree.  She is so damn smug.  She looked ridiculous in her Body Armour shirt, those ugly ass sunglasses that pinched her nose, and that dreadful ponytail.

And I get that LisaV shouldn’t have mentioned the note, but for crikes sake, it was written on a monogrammed card....so personal and heartwarming, and anyone with any heart would have just told Lisa, oh I’m sorry....I do care about you.  But no, Erika had to smash her plate down and say she was going to defend herself to the ground.  What a hateful bitch.  She has had zero storylines since she arrived, except her C*** act, and she is nothing but tiresome and snotty.  I actually preferred Yolanda...especially since she is now divorced.  

I only like LVP and Denise.  Teddy went down in flames quickly.  Rinna needs to get the hell off my television.  Oh, and btw, Dorit has professionals who make her look like a poodle?!?!

I guess NY is my last housewives show.

Another thing re Erica for someone who does rely on her glam squad, she is one of the worst dressers I have ever seen! Dorit = poodle ha ha ha.....PK and the poodle!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, endure said:

They all drive me insane they just think they're so gorgeous but they are just a bunch of old hags.  Who goes everywhere with a 'glam squad' and IMHO she is not attractive and she does't even have a great body.  When they were all parading around in their bikinis etc I wanted them to all stand side by side in a line-up so we could go over each one and compare & criticize their appearance one by one ha ha.  They are just too much.  I am liking Denise too but I wonder if she will stay on the show.....not sure she can put up with Rinna & Erica etc....The only other Real I watch is OC, maybe I will try New York.

I wouldn’t call them old hags.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

43 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I know they are all younger than me but they act like a bunch of nattering 'old hags'.......I should have been more specific 🤦🏼‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Cunty, indeed.  😉

I find their whole routine ridiculous.  I am happy that I don't need an entire squad to get me dressed and made up everyday.  I don't need someone to pick out a theme for the day either.  If I had her money and social standing, I would probably hire a stylist to help me with the basics, but I wouldn't need them to sit in my closet and await my arrival so that they could dress me.  

Well I for one would have a glam duo if I were a Ho wife.  Anthony and Ken.  Not only would I look nice, I love Anthony.

Mikey who?

Also I believe Anthony and Ken would not only elevate my style, but also my popularity with the tv fans.

2018-03-08-pr-all-stars09-1.png.4bda735fea3cce6f8dc4dfb26dc35531.png

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I agree. It sounded like something a person would send a coworker or someone they didn't know that well. Polite but formal. Still, Lisa shouldn't have said anything in that forum. 

If she really wanted to discuss it with Erika, she should've waited until the two were alone. But I think it would've been better left unsaid. Show grace. People aren't perfect. Erika tried. Perhaps the card reflected how she views their friendship--cordial but not close. 

There are a few things I have learned about dealing with death:

-People grieving will say some odd things that should in NO way be EVER held against them (regardless of my grandmother screaming, during the viewing, that my aunt could get a new husband, but she'd never get a new son) the pain can be enormous, and half the time the grieving may not even remember saying it. Let it go.

-People trying to comfort the grieving will say some odd things; Context and source are key in whether or not offense should be taken, some people mean well, but don't know what to say, have no tact, or do what they would want people to do for them, whether or not appropriate in your situation. Appreciate the effort, but, if it gets out of hand,....well, actually, I'd like some advice here...I have a friend, well, relative,....

• Love 18
(edited)

I like Denise so far, but Teddi started out the same way last year -- chill and low-key, but now, I guess she was just testing the waters until she "got to know everybody better." ???  Personally, I think Andy & Co., told her (and Rinna) that they needed to dial it up (back up) this year if they intend on keeping their diamonds.

I want to know if Erica is sucking up to Denise (e.g. the "Bond girl" moment) because she's thirsty now for a part on "The Bold and the Beautiful." Denise just joined the cast. 

I agree that Camille should be brought back full-time. Heavens, in my eyes, she redeemed herself last season at that horrible dinner party where Doridiot called her a "stupid c***." I wonder why Andy refuses?

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I like Denise so far, but Teddi started out the same way last year -- chill and low-key, but now, I guess she was just testing the waters until she "got to know everybody better." ???  Personally, I think Andy & Co., told her (and Rinna) that they needed to dial it up (back up) this year if they intend on keeping their diamonds.

I hear ya, but I do wonder if Denise is a tiny bit different, given that, prior to RHOBH, she’s been in the public eye in a much different way than Teddi was. One can hope, but who knows 😉

• Love 9
Just now, BusyOctober said:

Can we just send this whole Lucy STORY to a kill shelter?  GAH...enough already.  It's only been 3 eps and that's all anyone can talk about

It's the Pooch-hausen by Proxy of Season 9.

I honestly don't see the point of all the hairsplitting about kill shelter/no-kill shelter.  The dog was never supposed to end up going to any kind of shelter.  Period, end of story.

LVP made a huge tactical (and interpersonal) error by claiming that Erika's note wasn't good enough.  Shockingly bad manners, especially for a proper Englishwoman.  She knows that she and Erika aren't friends--quite the opposite, if how I perceive them means anything.  I'm barely willing to cut her any grief-related slack on that, not for thinking the note was cold and inadequate but for saying so.  Nonetheless, Erika probably could've sold one of her ugly anime dresses if she needed to, so she could afford to send both flowers and a card.  She made the most minimal effort possible, and that's not how you treat someone you may not like but should want to maintain cordial relations with, for work's sake and for the sake of at least appearing to be a human rather than a barely functioning animatronic fellatio doll.  They may not be friends, but they're hardly just nodding acquaintances.

Also, I can't believe that flowers are considered to be impersonal.  When I send flowers to mark a loss or for any other reason, I agonize over the choice for hours, so that the recipient will know that I picked them with him or her specifically in mind and to show how much I care.  To me that's the furthest thing from impersonal.

I don't know if we have any info on Lucy the dog's biting history.  But if she doesn't have one, it's entirely possibly that she bit in the Kemsley home because someone tormented her--not unusual for young (and not well supervised) kids to pull ears, tails, hit dogs, pinch them.  So maybe she did what she had to do to defend herself.

Sorry if I'm repeating things already mentioned.  I haven't made it through the whole thread yet.

If Erika's ponytail is really 70 inches (almost 6 feet) long, wouldn't she have to be about 9 feet tall for it to hit her at butt level?

And can Kyle stop touching her hair as if she never had any before and is mesmerized by the novelty of it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Well, I'm even further on the other side of the pool.  First of all, all these women look pretty damn great at any age.  None of them are any type of 'hag' to me.  LR is skinny but a fit skinny.  Kyle may be short but damn she looked great in her instagram pix in the yellow bikini.  Teddi may have large hands but I've never noticed.  Her great fit body is a lot more noticeable.  I can't stand Erika but girl looks great except for her clothing and style choices.  Ok.  minus her disturbing breasts, Dorit is very pretty and has a great body.  And Denise, girl rocked it coming out of the ocean.  I'll even give LVP credit for looking great for her woman in her late fifties albeit that she needs to update her look.

I'm confused about the opinion that the women are trying to take LVP down.  How did this whole puppygate get started?  Dorit.  The convo was started by John.  Teddi's involvement and there's still more to come, had nothing to do with taking LVP down.  Kyle was in the dark until John told her.  LVP brought up the Daily Mail party which pissed Kyle off because she and LVP had already discussed it.  And it wasn't even LVP's party.  LVP didn't invite her.  The Daily Mail did.  Then LVP accuses Kyle of not being there for her but then admits Kyle was.

LVP wants to keep puppygate quiet but then she has lunch with Dorit and PK discussing puppygate and tells Dorit she's moved on but brings it up again?

IMO, it wasn't LR's fault for LVP to bring up the condolence note.  LVP already brought it up with Kyle.  It was a shitty move on LVP's part.  Especially for bringing it up in front of everyone.  I can't stand Erika but I felt for her.  That was embarrassing.  No sympathy for LVP.  They're not close.  I wouldn't even say they're friends.  They're coworkers. 

LVP loves to throw at jabs at people.  We've seen it for years.  I don't know what people expect the other woman to do.  LVP publicly humiliates Erika and I guess others think that they should have given hugs to Lisa.  Um.  No.  If it so bothers you, talk one on one.  BTW, I had no problem with Erika's note.

I know I'm totally in the minority here.  However, LVP has always been a chess player.  Yes, I have empathy for her dealing with her brother's death.  But at the same time,  she still is doing what she always do.  Throws jabs and then plays the hurtful victim.

And as what happens every season, it's the I don't know if I'll be coming back on the show.  But she always does.  She needs the show to promote her endeavors.

Oh.  Wait.  I think I see Bambi.  Where's the ball? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

-People trying to comfort the grieving will say some odd things; Context and source are key in whether or not offense should be taken, some people mean well, but don't know what to say, have no tact, or do what they would want people to do for them, whether or not appropriate in your situation. Appreciate the effort, but, if it gets out of hand,....well, actually, I'd like some advice here...I have a friend, well, relative,....

I am now at the point (having been on both sides of it), that I'm just basically like I know this really sucks and I honestly don't have anything good to say about it but I'm sorry and I'll be over here if you need me to do anything.

59 minutes ago, bagger said:

I found this and thought it was very well explained

https://keirnthomas.com/2019/02/28/kyle-is-the-true-sniper-from-the-side/

Yes, so much this.  

44 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Also, I can't believe that flowers are considered to be impersonal.  When I send flowers to mark a loss or for any other reason, I agonize over the choice for hours, so that the recipient will know that I picked them with him or her specifically in mind and to show how much I care.  To me that's the furthest thing from impersonal.

I am fairly lazy when I send flowers for the most part.  I generally call the florist and tell them what I want to spend and have them pick what looks that they have on hand that day to make an appropriate arrangement out of.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Marley said:

Erika’s joke about wanting a guy with a 70 inch dick was such a try hard joke. Her lame glam squad would prob laugh hysterically. Like no woman in the history of women would want 70 inches lol like just no.

She’s nasty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

And another thing.  Just because you hand raised a puppy, it doesn't mean that puppy is suitable to be in a home with very young children.  The rescue I used to adopt our dog, won't even place a dog in a home with a child under four.  And some of these dogs have eight as the age limit, or ten.  John may have his doctorate or PHD, but he doesn't have it in animal behavior.  Personally, I think the guy may be passionate about dogs but that doesn't make him an 'expert'.

I wonder what happened with the dog that was a biter when Kyle and Teddi visited the center.

• Love 2

It is entirely possible that the dog would not be compatible with the family.  But, the Kemsleys seem to cycle through dogs pretty quickly.  There's the one that Lisa said Dorit looked like when she was getting her hair done by the glam squad in the room during this episode (I forget the dog's name), when the girls were on the way over to have drinks.  Then there's Madison (VDPD #1) and then Lucy.  At some point it has to be the whole fool me once thing, right? The common denominator eventually comes back to maybe they just shouldn't have pets?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, Duke2801 said:

Effing Rinner. What a piece of work.

No Lisa should not have publicly criticized Erika’s condolence note. But, seriously, I received a warmer card from my vets office when my dog passed. Like, that woman is really closed off from any other emotions beyond disdain and bitchiness. 

I can hear LVP's voice with that "Effing Rinner" lol!  I agree the card sounded obligatory in tone and yes, Lisa should have let it be! 

Anyone involved with dog rescue these days knows the rules are hard and clear, if the adoption doesn't work out you MUST return to the rescue shelter.  For gosh sake's she has a relationship with LVP it would have been so easy to call and say the dog bit my kid (not sure I believe that, unless she means normal Puppy play nipping) and Vanderpump dogs would have taken the dog right back.   I think Dorit is like a sociopath to do what she did and then to call Lisa the next day after she had already given the dog away was worthless!  I suppose this is where Lisa dropped the ball she should have insisted on getting the contact info for the new adopter and having her staff follow up. 

• Love 10
On 2/27/2019 at 12:03 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Tonight on WWHL she flat out said the dog was NOT at a kill shelter she said it in front of Andy who didn’t correct her and I’m trying to find where bravo or anyone on the show said it was a kill shelter cause I don’t remember anyone saying that. They have all said shelter no one has specified kill shelter. Trust and believe had it been at a kill shelter LISA would have started the every jab and fight with you almost got the dog killed.....that has never been brought up. 

"Sessa said the timeline Teddi Mellencamp presented was inaccurate (like every Real Housewife, Sessa has the receipts). He said he signed location agreements on a Wednesday. Sessa then got word on Sunday that one of his dogs ended up at a kill shelter."Dr. John Sessa explaining Kemsley dog adoption timeline

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I wonder whether Lisa VDP only brought up Erika’s condolence note as her ‘grievance to air at dinner’ instead of her real grievance which is toward Dorit over the dog/s. Maybe she felt she had to mention SOMETHING and that was the first thing she thought of?

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I wonder whether Lisa VDP only brought up Erika’s condolence note as her ‘grievance to air at dinner’ instead of her real grievance which is toward Dorit over the dog/s. Maybe she felt she had to mention SOMETHING and that was the first thing she thought of?

Probably so.  Rinna wanted so badly for her to bring up Dorit and the dog.  I wish LVP would've just told Rinna that she wasn't going to play that game and had shut it down right then.  

• Love 21
(edited)
11 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

There are a few things I have learned about dealing with death:

-People grieving will say some odd things that should in NO way be EVER held against them (regardless of my grandmother screaming, during the viewing, that my aunt could get a new husband, but she'd never get a new son) the pain can be enormous, and half the time the grieving may not even remember saying it. Let it go.

Out of hand?  Cut them off and walk away.  Most people mean the best for you--even through the awkwardness.  But if all they do is add to your pain, just walk away.  Don't look back.  PM me if you want to talk further.

What I say to people now is:  I'm here for you.

11 hours ago, bagger said:

I found this and thought it was very well explained

https://keirnthomas.com/2019/02/28/kyle-is-the-true-sniper-from-the-side/

That was very well put together! 

10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

And another thing.  Just because you hand raised a puppy, it doesn't mean that puppy is suitable to be in a home with very young children.  The rescue I used to adopt our dog, won't even place a dog in a home with a child under four.  And some of these dogs have eight as the age limit, or ten.  John may have his doctorate or PHD, but he doesn't have it in animal behavior.  Personally, I think the guy may be passionate about dogs but that doesn't make him an 'expert'.

I wonder what happened with the dog that was a biter when Kyle and Teddi visited the center.

I don't have an age limit for Doso.  We have a height limit.  You must be 1 foot taller than Doso's face to be around him.

My humble opinion is that it's up to parents to have a successful relationship between a puppy and children.  And PK and Dorit are not those kind of parents.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I think Lisa knew that they were coming for her next when they were going around the table getting things out at Lisa R's urging. She was feeling defensive so she went on the offense. This happens. All of those women knew that she was not herself and was still grieving. Didn't stop them from going on the attack. Lisa R. simply couldn't resist this opportunity to destroy the Queen as she probably sees Lisa VDP. Kyle for allowing herself to be drug into Lisa R's plan and being Lisa VDP.'s friend is equally guilty. How about Dorit putting a stop to all of this by saying I made a mistake? I didn't follow the contract. It is not Lisa VDP's fault so please stop this. I am the guilty one. End of story. Oh right they have to drag it out over the next how ever many weeks this season lasts.

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think Lisa knew that they were coming for her next when they were going around the table getting things out at Lisa R's urging. She was feeling defensive so she went on the offense. This happens. All of those women knew that she was not herself and was still grieving. Didn't stop them from going on the attack. Lisa R. simply couldn't resist this opportunity to destroy the Queen as she probably sees Lisa VDP. Kyle for allowing herself to be drug into Lisa R's plan and being Lisa VDP.'s friend is equally guilty. How about Dorit putting a stop to all of this by saying I made a mistake? I didn't follow the contract. It is not Lisa VDP's fault so please stop this. I am the guilty one. End of story. Oh right they have to drag it out over the next how ever many weeks this season lasts.

Except nobody went on an attack on LVP.  Camille talked about her and Dorit.  Dorit talked about her and Teddi.  Denise took a pass.  Erika said she was fine.  And then LVP brought up the 'few lines' with Erika and how she and Kyle discussed it.  And Kyle corrected her and said LVP 'told' her about it.  It wasn't a discussion.  No one went on an attack against LVP. 

• Love 3

Oh the attack  was coming. Lisa R. would have made sure of this.  I stand by my comments that Lisa VDP was not herself. Grief leaves you raw and she was probably hypersensitive to perceived lack of loyalty.  I don't care who outed Dorit. She should have been outed. My point is that they could have cut Lisa VDP some slack. But no they led by Rinna were like sharks in the water who were circling around fresh blood. 

• Love 21

I don’t think most of our Beverly hos look good at all - they are as a class overdone; too much expensive but ill-coordinated clothing and jewelry for “looks” plus too much fake hair plus too much makeup plus getting too many fillers and too many laser resurfacing treatments.   Newp for me.  I’m also finding they look too sinewy-overexercised as a class.   It’s just unappealing to me.   It’s just not cute on a beach vacation, any of it.  

I’m excluding Denise for the most part, and truly none of the above applies to MVP Friend of Camille Donatacci Grammer, who still moves and somehow has a body like Club MTV is taping next week - and her clothes and styling are impeccably on-point.   No glam squad necessary - and she’s probably spending in the Kyle-Erika shopaholic range but the broad has taste.

• Love 11
(edited)
17 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't know if she would have even brought it up if not for shit stirring Rinna and her "let's air all our grievances" bullshit.

Someone needs to clue in Rinna, Festivus is in December bitch.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, smores said:

There's the one that Lisa said Dorit looked like when she was getting her hair done by the glam squad in the room during this episode (I forget the dog's name),

I thought she said Dorit looked like Schnooky, who is one of Lisa's dogs.

AFAIK, Dorit has had 2 VPD pets, Madison and Lucy.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I don’t think most of our Beverly hos look good at all - they are as a class overdone; too much expensive but ill-coordinated clothing and jewelry for “looks” plus too much fake hair plus too much makeup plus getting too many fillers and too many laser resurfacing treatments.   Newp for me.  I’m also finding they look too sinewy-overexercised as a class.   It’s just unappealing to me.   It’s just not cute on a beach vacation, any of it.  

I’m excluding Denise for the most part, and truly none of the above applies to MVP Friend of Camille Donatacci Grammer, who still moves and somehow has a body like Club MTV is taping next week - and her clothes and styling are impeccably on-point.   No glam squad necessary - and she’s probably spending in the Kyle-Erika shopaholic range but the broad has taste.

I think LVP looks best when she's at her most casual.  In scenes where she's in jeans and a button down and visiting one of the restaurants midweek without a ton of makeup, she looks much better than in her talking heads.  I also think when she's on a trip and she has a caftan on and pulls her hair up, she looks gorgeous.  

Kyle always seems so aggressively made up.  She's chasing whatever the latest trend is, doing the latest treatment and never tempers things based on what suits her.  If it's trendy, she's going to do it, regardless of whether or not it's the best look on her.  She would be better served by having a basic look that she tweaks with a nod to trends instead of jumping on whatever train is leaving the station that particular week.  Camille is an example of this, I think.  She tends to stick to the same type of silhouettes for clothing and her makeup is often somewhat similar.  She changes it up, if a nude lip is in style, then Camille wears a more nude lip, if red is in style, she'll wear a more subtle red, if matte is in, she'll do that.  But, instead of doing a red stain like Camille, Kyle goes full on fire engine.  She spent a few seasons where you almost couldn't tell she had lips because she was aggressive on the nude lip thing.  

• Love 16
(edited)

I don't think Lisa told John to get the Dorit story out there, but I think if she really wanted to protect Dorit, she could have done a better job making sure none of this got out. I am curious what those texts consist of. That may change my thoughts.

While it's not good for a dog to be passed around like a toy and wind up in any kind of shelter, no serious harm ever happened to Lucy. As far as I know, none of these people are vegetarian. Way more disgusting things happen to animals in the US (not just China), but since they're not deemed cute enough or animals they want as pets, their pain doesn't matter? I will never understand this. It's not that hard to be a vegetarian, and when you're wealthy, it's even easier to be a vegan. 

I don't like LVP's jab throwing and find her calculating at times. We all want friends who we feel have our backs and enjoy our friendship. I don't blame Dorit for asking Lisa if she even enjoys being her friend. My opinion is exactly what Lisa said-that Dorit didn't handle the situation the way she should have, but that she didn't have bad intentions. I just wish Lisa would TREAT Dorit as such. She's treating Dorit as though she's truly upset with her.

That said, I do think these women need to be more understanding as Lisa's still grieving the shocking death of her only sibling. I don't think it's asking too much for them to not get so defensive with her. I totally get why Kyle and Erika didn't appreciate Lisa making them out to be bad friends. It's just the way they reacted, especially Erika. I don't think Kyle meant to say she had s*** going on too. But Erika's tone defending her condolences, yikes! I felt so bad seeing Lisa trying to keep it together. Really, I don't think Lisa should have been part of this season. This isn't a "normal" job. Who wants to deal with a bunch of drama after losing a loved one? I don't blame Lisa for not wanting to be part of this season to begin with and for not wanting to finish it.

To me, all the women have their strengths and weaknesses. I don't find them any of them to be saints or horrible people either. They seem like basically good people who are human and have flaws. Nobody is perfect. Some of the things LVP fans tweet are truly vile and worse than anything the other housewives have said on the show. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2

I was on Team Erika with the condolence note until she admitted she knew LVP wouldn't like the note and that's why she took a photo of it. If you know someone prefers a phone call over a note, call them! Unless you don't care about the relationship, in which case, don't say anything at all.

• Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

While it's not good for a dog to be passed around like a toy and wind up in any kind of shelter, no serious harm ever happened to Lucy.

Nobody here really knows what kind of serious psychological trauma Lucy endured.  I, for one, wouldn't so easily dismiss it.

ETA - Dorit & PK suck mightily.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

ETA: if I’m being honest, Teddi and Kyle aren’t fundamentally good people either.   Teddi is a disingenuous shit for shilling bullshit sponsor teas while being Miss Accountability, and for pulling on Lisa’s heartstrings to hire her thuggish lil’ brother at TomTom and then piling on now when Lisa’s obviously a mess.

I liked Teddi last season, but I remember posting that I reserved the right to change my mind if things changed (which usually happens with a newbie!)  I really don't like her "accountability" approach to everything.   She should've kept her yap shut with Dorit.  You don't have to tell everything you know, Teddi!   Dorit did a shit thing, yet she comes out smelling like a rose.  Go figure. 

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Nobody here really knows what kind of serious psychological trauma Lucy endured.  I, for one, wouldn't so easily dismiss it.

ETA - Dorit & PK suck mightily.

I definitely don't know for a fact that Lucy wasn't traumatized or think that a situation like this is no big deal. I never meant to sound like that. I just look at it from a different standpoint as a vegetarian (mostly vegan) who cares about ALL animals. I don't get how people who eat meat and serve meat at their restaurants think something like this is more outraging than animals who are actually KILLED. 

I know this isn't a popular opinion as most people eat meat and consider dogs man's best friend. I'm all for people being good to dogs and not treating them like accessories, as I've seen this happen firsthand by people I personally know. However, I wish more people got worked up over all the poor animals who are tortured so terribly in this country. It is heartbreaking. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5

I don't think I could be around Erika for more than 15 minutes at a time.  That woman is so intense; I am exhausted just watching her. She has a tendency to come at everyone and everything extremely hard.  She needs to learn to chill.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
On 3/2/2019 at 1:19 PM, ButterQueen said:

I’d like to see LVP, Denise and Camille as full time housewives next year.

I would love a show featuring the pulled-together, understated fabulousness of a group of women like Camille and Denise.  Super-wealthy, but more chill and less trashy than the RHOBH crew.  Maybe RHOMalibu?

• Love 12
(edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 4:16 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

The above quote makes me stabby. One would think that a person working with an organization that adopts out dogs would have a clue as to the correct terminology with regards to sterilizing said dogs. A dog does not go for "spade and neutering". It is spayed (not spade - geesh!) if it is a female, and neutered if it is a male. Pretty basic terms to know if you are dealing with animals. Good lord. 

I saw that, too and assumed the writer of the blog quoted him from the radio show he was on and was the ignorant one, not the "Dr." who works at Vanderpump Dogs. Surely he said "spayed and neuter" and the blogger wrote the transcript incorrectly.   ETA: I have now listened to the audio and I'll be damned, the "Doctor" DID say "spade and neutering" (YIKES!) at first I thought it was a verbal fumble, as if he meant to say to be "spayed and neutered" but that doesn't make sense because he said neutering and why doesn't he use the apt term which in this case would simply be "for spaying" since he bottle fed this female dog?  I'm not impressed with his "doctorate" now, which he bragged about achieving in nine months,  but Vanderpump Dogs does great work in China and at home so I guess I'll get over it. 

During the audio program, Dr. John did NOT like Lisa Rinna referring to him as "Lisa's boy"  as he repeatedly stated he is in his forties and is LVP's partner, not employee and yes he also reiterated he is a Doctor in International Business a zillion times, hahaha. 

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I don't think I could be around Erika for more than 15 minutes at a time.  That woman is so intense; I am exhausted just watching her. She has a tendency to come at everyone and everything extremely hard.  She needs to learn to chill.  

I don't think Erika is malicious, but I agree. I feel like I'd be on edge being friends with her. She's overreacted to Dorit, Eileen, Teddi, and now LVP.  

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

I'm not impressed with his "doctorate" now, which he bragged about achieving in nine months,  but Vanderpump Dogs does great work in China and at home so I guess I'll get over it. 

Nine months? That is definitely not something anyone should be bragging about. My MA took longer than that and, God knows, my current degree in progress has been taking much longer. But real doctorates and PhDs aren’t meant to be completed in under a year.

11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I definitely don't know for a fact that Lucy wasn't traumatized or think that a situation like this is no big deal. I never meant to sound like that. I just look at it from a different standpoint as a vegetarian (mostly vegan) who cares about ALL animals. I don't get how people who eat meat and serve meat at their restaurants think something like this is more outraging than animals who are actually KILLED. 

I know this isn't a popular opinion as most people eat meat and consider dogs man's best friend. I'm all for people being good to dogs and not treating them like accessories, as I've seen this happen firsthand by people I personally know. However, I wish more people got worked up over all the poor animals who are tortured so terribly in this country. It is heartbreaking. 

I just wanted to say I’m completely with you on this. I don’t bring it up on boards normally because, like you, I get that some people just want to pick fights with vegetarians and vegans and I don’t usually have the energy or desire to debate it with people who are firmly entrenched in their beliefs and unlikely to change. I guess we can be unpopular together. 

I do admire all the work Lisa does for dogs because I am a huge dog lover and that love was what got me to think more in depth about animal rights and change my diet as a young teen.  I do think Lucy was likely traumatized and I think Dorit and PK are horrible people, but LVP’s disconnect has always bothered me too. When they showed the Yulin film and they all were crying (I would be too, of course) or when they all refused to eat “baby moo-moo,” I just sat there thinking, “seriously? All these lines are so arbitrary. Can’t you see the connection?” I’ve seen LVP get some shit on SM about it (especially around Thanksgiving when she was dancing around with her turkey), but I haven’t seen any movement in her beliefs about protecting all animals and not just pets. I hope one day she will get there.

I should specify that I haven’t looked at the menus at her restaurants in awhile, but when I did a couple of years ago, not only was there a ton of meat, but there were barely any vegan options. For someone who loves her pets as much as she does, I wish she would think about making her restaurant friendly to those of us who do care about all the animals. Lots of love to you, my fellow veg*n @RealHousewife ❤️

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 4
(edited)

As an omnivore, I am well aware of the "disconnect" between my love for animals and my occasional carnivorous proclivities.  I OWN IT, baby.  But just once I'd like to see vegan/vegetarians admit the impact their dietary choices are making on the environment, hence wildlife, hence animals and humans.  None of us have clean hands in this messy Universe - it's a lot more complicated than just "meat eaters are bad".

[/soapbox]

Maybe we can call a truce and find common ground in excoriating Dooreater and PuKay ... because, they are HARRIBLE!!!

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 19
14 hours ago, wallies said:

I was on Team Erika with the condolence note until she admitted she knew LVP wouldn't like the note and that's why she took a photo of it. If you know someone prefers a phone call over a note, call them! Unless you don't care about the relationship, in which case, don't say anything at all.

Exactly.  My friend needs to have public acknowledgement of problems on social media.  That isn't how I like to offer condolences, but I will respond the way I know she wants.  Another friend hates flowers so I don't send them.  

Erika knew.  And I think her defensiveness was over the top as well.

But I still think LVP was just looking for an "issue" that would be easily glossed over -- not expecting a blow up over something that could have been solved with just a quick, Wow - I didn't know you would read it that way.  Sorry.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

As an omnivore, I am well aware of the "disconnect" between my love for animals and my occasional carnivorous proclivities.  I OWN IT, baby.  But just once I'd like to see vegan/vegetarians admit the impact their dietary choices are making on the environment, hence wildlife, hence animals and humans.  None of us have clean hands in this messy Universe - it's a lot more complicated than just "meat eaters are bad".

[/soapbox]

Maybe we can call a truce and find common ground in excoriating Dooreater and PuKay ... because, they are HARRIBLE!!!

Completely agreed on the “none of us have clean hands” bit and I certainly don’t believe meat eaters are all bad! I am a bit confused regarding your comment about the impact of vegan dietary choices on the environment. Most vegans I know and the vegan communities I frequent are obsessed with protecting the environment, wildlife, and humans (especially those most vulnerable to climate issues). From a scientific perspective, plant eaters use less water, land and are responsible for less carbon emissions. Study after study keeps showing us that plant-based eating is the way forward to save our planet. So what is it we aren’t admitting? As an environmentalist, I can promise you that’s one of the top priorities for me (and many others I know). I want a better planet for us all-animals and people. I won’t say more because I fear I’m in off-topic territory, but if you’re interested in these issues, The Food Empowerment Project is a great place to start. I have tons of other resources I can pass along via DM or on a small talk thread if you want. But no pressure, obvi! 

And bringing it back to the show, I think all our air would be a little cleaner without Dorit and PK.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 3

I've been well aware of these issues since the late 1960s, and am quite capable of staying informed, thanks very much!

But I think our air would be a WHOLE LOT cleaner without Dorit and PK wasting our precious oxygen.  The environment would also benefit from ridding itself of those two pieces of TRASH.

I did vow to diss those fucking grifters at every turn, and I'm a woman of my word, dontcha know.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I do admire all the work Lisa does for dogs because I am a huge dog lover and that love was what got me to think more in depth about animal rights and change my diet as a young teen.  I do think Lucy was likely traumatized and I think Dorit and PK are horrible people, but LVP’s disconnect has always bothered me too. When they showed the Yulin film and they all were crying (I would be too, of course) or when they all refused to eat “baby moo-moo,” I just sat there thinking, “seriously? All these lines are so arbitrary. Can’t you see the connection?” I’ve seen LVP get some shit on SM about it (especially around Thanksgiving when she was dancing around with her turkey), but I haven’t seen any movement in her beliefs about protecting all animals and not just pets. I hope one day she will get there.

I should specify that I haven’t looked at the menus at her restaurants in awhile, but when I did a couple of years ago, not only was there a ton of meat, but there were barely any vegan options. For someone who loves her pets as much as she does, I wish she would think about making her restaurant friendly to those of us who do care about all the animals. Lots of love to you, my fellow veg*n @RealHousewife ❤️

I found it a bit hilarious when all the "ladies" were pearl clutching over veal, yet I'm sure none of them are morally opposed to eating lamb.  Hell, one of the rotating images on the Villa Blanca home page is their rack of lamb! Although, I did notice that they use short ribs, rather than veal, for their Osso Bucco, how charitable to give the cow at least a full year on earth. 

And really, if you're going to slaughter a cow and eat it, what difference does it make if you do it under a year old or over?  As an unapologetic meat eater, I fully acknowledge my hypocrisy in having no problem consuming game and industrialized farm animals while shuddering at the thought of my precious dog facing even a moment of discomfort or discontent. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I wonder....Lisa R was forcing everyone to air grievances (and I didn’t even see a Festivus pole!). She clearly was gunning for a blowup of LVP on Dorit.  Lisa VP was clearly not going to bring it up again and had asked for the topic to be shut down every time someone brought it up.  

I may be alone on this but I think the condolence card complaint was a desperate reach to come up with something minor that had NOTHING to do with the dog.  IMHO she picked Erica as a target bc Erica was the least likely to get emotional.  And it obviously misfired bc E is all about her “reputation.”  I think LVP expected it to be a short, “I didn’t know what else to do” or a perfunctory apology for not calling and the spotlight would be off of her. 

I didn’t mind Rinna in the past, but I do now   And I’m disgusted that Kyle had such an authentically poignant moment with LVP opening up to her and just made a joke ...and then comforted Doridiot instead of supporting Lisa  

That was totally my take on it.

In reality LVP should have said she didn't want to talk about it and asked Lisa R to air her grievances. 

• Love 9