Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Sun and Shade in the Bahamas

• Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, Set Them Free said:

I think they are all jealous of each other.  I can believe that Kyle and Rinna are jealous of LVP's fan base and second show.  But I could also believe LVP is jealous of Rinna's actual acting career and Eileen's starring role on Y&R.  I could believe Teddi is jealous of Erika's presence, and Erika is jealous of Teddi's good relationship with her famous father.  I ccould believe Dorit is jealous of everyone else's positive net worth, and everyone else is jealous of Dorit's ability to escape consequences.  I think they all poke at each other out of jealously, and wanting to believe the worst in the other so they can be a little less jealous. 

If you really like LVP, you will notice when Rinna suggests (without caring about all the facts) that LVP could have shut down the Lucy appearance, but you won't notice when LVP implies Kyle abandoned her when her brother died (even though Kyle actually called her every day).  But they are all doing it. 

I kind of think that all these ladies have their endearing qualities and flaws.  Despite having everything, they are still subject to the same petty feelings the rest of us have.  That is what makes RHOBH fun to watch.  

Well said , I totally agree, the problem is they always seem to have the same target every season and it's always Lisa Vanderpump.  They have gang mentality when it comes to her. They all also seem to be afraid of Erika, and Erika knows it.  Like she's some kind of Bad Ass.. it's laughable.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Nine months? That is definitely not something anyone should be bragging about. My MA took longer than that and, God knows, my current degree in progress has been taking much longer. But real doctorates and PhDs aren’t meant to be completed in under a year.

I just wanted to say I’m completely with you on this. I don’t bring it up on boards normally because, like you, I get that some people just want to pick fights with vegetarians and vegans and I don’t usually have the energy or desire to debate it with people who are firmly entrenched in their beliefs and unlikely to change. I guess we can be unpopular together. 

I do admire all the work Lisa does for dogs because I am a huge dog lover and that love was what got me to think more in depth about animal rights and change my diet as a young teen.  I do think Lucy was likely traumatized and I think Dorit and PK are horrible people, but LVP’s disconnect has always bothered me too. When they showed the Yulin film and they all were crying (I would be too, of course) or when they all refused to eat “baby moo-moo,” I just sat there thinking, “seriously? All these lines are so arbitrary. Can’t you see the connection?” I’ve seen LVP get some shit on SM about it (especially around Thanksgiving when she was dancing around with her turkey), but I haven’t seen any movement in her beliefs about protecting all animals and not just pets. I hope one day she will get there.

I should specify that I haven’t looked at the menus at her restaurants in awhile, but when I did a couple of years ago, not only was there a ton of meat, but there were barely any vegan options. For someone who loves her pets as much as she does, I wish she would think about making her restaurant friendly to those of us who do care about all the animals. Lots of love to you, my fellow veg*n @RealHousewife ❤️

Haha yes, we can be unpopular together! At least two veggie girls are better than one! I could write on essay on being vegan, but I won't because I don't want to get in trouble for being off topic. I did want to respond and say much love to you back! 💝

• Love 2
18 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Nine months? That is definitely not something anyone should be bragging about. My MA took longer than that and, God knows, my current degree in progress has been taking much longer. But real doctorates and PhDs aren’t meant to be completed in under a yea

My doctorate took me over 7 years to get (I had to get my Masters on the way). It was a really rigorous program, in a rigorous field. So, not all PhDs are equal 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Haha yes, we can be unpopular together! At least two veggie girls are better than one! I could write on essay on being vegan, but I won't because I don't want to get in trouble for being off topic. I did want to respond and say much love to you back! 💝

Two are definitely better than one! 💖

6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

My doctorate took me over 7 years to get (I had to get my Masters on the way). It was a really rigorous program, in a rigorous field. So, not all PhDs are equal 

Oh, I know. My program required a MA to even apply.  To say not all are equal is probably an understatement-  I had three years of classes before I could even study and prepare for comprehensive exams (and that doesn’t include the MA years). And I somehow don’t see Dr. John going through the hell of comprehensive exams (I still have nightmares) and a dissertation. But, even if he kinda has a fake doctorate (again- 9 months!!!), I do appreciate his love for the dogs.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:
53 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Two are definitely better than one! 💖

27 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Oh, I know. My program required a MA to even apply.  To say not all are equal is probably an understatement-  I had three years of classes before I could even study and prepare for comprehensive exams (and that doesn’t include the MA years). And I somehow don’t see Dr. John going through the hell of comprehensive exams (I still have nightmares) a

My doctoral comps were so hard. I had nightmares for years, my husband still has them ....

• Love 3
(edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 9:33 PM, SweetieDarling said:

There are a few things I have learned about dealing with death:

-People grieving will say some odd things that should in NO way be EVER held against them (regardless of my grandmother screaming, during the viewing, that my aunt could get a new husband, but she'd never get a new son) the pain can be enormous, and half the time the grieving may not even remember saying it. Let it go.

-People trying to comfort the grieving will say some odd things; Context and source are key in whether or not offense should be taken, some people mean well, but don't know what to say, have no tact, or do what they would want people to do for them, whether or not appropriate in your situation. Appreciate the effort, but, if it gets out of hand,....well, actually, I'd like some advice here...I have a friend, well, relative,....

After my dad's death, my mom did some odd things and on a couple of occasions lost her temper at things which probably wouldn't have bothered her otherwise. She also did some things she later had no recollection about.

On the other hand, a couple of longtime friends stopped by for a visit. The wife said, "His blood pressure cuff - could we have it since he won't be needing it anymore? " Needless to say, they were no longer counted among her friends, and they couldn't figure out why not.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, renatae said:

On the other hand, a couple of longtime friends stopped by for a visit. The wife said, "His blood pressure cuff - could we have it since he won't be needing it anymore? " Needless to say, they were no longer counted among her friends, and they couldn't figure out why not.

I was surprised at how often the phrase "she doesn't need it anymore" came up after my grandmother died. My uncle threw a hissy fit using those same words over a painting she had hanging in her living room. He knew that I had painted it for her as a Mother's Day gift, but still felt entitled to it anyway. I ended up letting him have it just to shut him up and get him out of her house so that the rest of us could pack things up in peace.

• Love 5

I think Dorit did the wrong thing with the dog, and I find her horrible in general, and I understand that Lisa is doing some serious grieving...That said, Lisa's being a passive-aggressive shit to her.  But also, STFU with your concern-trolling, Teddi and Kyle.

And who knew I would find Denise Richards so likeable??

• Love 11
On 2/27/2019 at 6:16 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I also remember all the stories prior to 2018 of how she and Ken Todd met - which was she was pretend hostessing/manning the front door of a bar and Ken (who was the owner - allegedly unbeknownst to her) walked in. She made a snarky comment and he was infatuated. Last week Ken goes onto say it was Mark who introduced them - the narrative changes.

hold on-LVP used to be Lala???

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 3/2/2019 at 11:02 PM, CharlizeCat said:

I agree that Camille should be brought back full-time. Heavens, in my eyes, she redeemed herself last season at that horrible dinner party where Doridiot called her a "stupid c***." I wonder why Andy refuses?

Does he refuse, or is it her decision?  She's got a pretty sweet deal.  She gets to be on TV and go on fun trips without really having to wade into the drama (unless she wants to) or have camera crews descend on her house.  It's not like she needs the money.  I don't know... If I were Camille, I'd be digging this situation. 

• Love 11
On 3/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, wallies said:

I was on Team Erika with the condolence note until she admitted she knew LVP wouldn't like the note and that's why she took a photo of it. If you know someone prefers a phone call over a note, call them! Unless you don't care about the relationship, in which case, don't say anything at all.

I thought it was more “she’ll act like I didn’t do it right so I’m proving I did.”  If she had called she would have recorded it for when LVP bitched about that 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/4/2019 at 1:42 PM, AnnA said:

I don't know why I'm still watching this show.   

i've decided not to watch anymore,  i'm tired of the gang mentality.  the only regular i like is lvp.  these shows are on the way out.

• Love 9

I think all of these shows are like a luxury SUV with three tires gone. On their last legs. Can you imagine what some of the HWs would do if the shows ended all of a sudden? I would love to be a human fly on the wall in BH when that happens or in Jersey. Tre's reaction would be more epic than Dorit's.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 3/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, English Teacher said:

I wonder....Lisa R was forcing everyone to air grievances (and I didn’t even see a Festivus pole!). She clearly was gunning for a blowup of LVP on Dorit.  Lisa VP was clearly not going to bring it up again and had asked for the topic to be shut down every time someone brought it up.  

I may be alone on this but I think the condolence card complaint was a desperate reach to come up with something minor that had NOTHING to do with the dog.  IMHO she picked Erica as a target bc Erica was the least likely to get emotional.  And it obviously misfired bc E is all about her “reputation.”  I think LVP expected it to be a short, “I didn’t know what else to do” or a perfunctory apology for not calling and the spotlight would be off of her. 

I didn’t mind Rinna in the past, but I do now   And I’m disgusted that Kyle had such an authentically poignant moment with LVP opening up to her and just made a joke ...and then comforted Doridiot instead of supporting Lisa  

Also it was a meal time.  Rinna always starts shit during meals.  I'm still at least half convinced it is to distract from the fact that she doesn't eat.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:26 PM, Mondrianyone said:

It's the Pooch-hausen by Proxy of Season 9.

I honestly don't see the point of all the hairsplitting about kill shelter/no-kill shelter.  The dog was never supposed to end up going to any kind of shelter.  Period, end of story.

LVP made a huge tactical (and interpersonal) error by claiming that Erika's note wasn't good enough.  Shockingly bad manners, especially for a proper Englishwoman.  She knows that she and Erika aren't friends--quite the opposite, if how I perceive them means anything.  I'm barely willing to cut her any grief-related slack on that, not for thinking the note was cold and inadequate but for saying so.  Nonetheless, Erika probably could've sold one of her ugly anime dresses if she needed to, so she could afford to send both flowers and a card.  She made the most minimal effort possible, and that's not how you treat someone you may not like but should want to maintain cordial relations with, for work's sake and for the sake of at least appearing to be a human rather than a barely functioning animatronic fellatio doll.  They may not be friends, but they're hardly just nodding acquaintances.

Also, I can't believe that flowers are considered to be impersonal.  When I send flowers to mark a loss or for any other reason, I agonize over the choice for hours, so that the recipient will know that I picked them with him or her specifically in mind and to show how much I care.  To me that's the furthest thing from impersonal.

I don't know if we have any info on Lucy the dog's biting history.  But if she doesn't have one, it's entirely possibly that she bit in the Kemsley home because someone tormented her--not unusual for young (and not well supervised) kids to pull ears, tails, hit dogs, pinch them.  So maybe she did what she had to do to defend herself.

Sorry if I'm repeating things already mentioned.  I haven't made it through the whole thread yet.

If Erika's ponytail is really 70 inches (almost 6 feet) long, wouldn't she have to be about 9 feet tall for it to hit her at butt level?

And can Kyle stop touching her hair as if she never had any before and is mesmerized by the novelty of it?

Re: wig math, I came to the same conclusion and posted a few pages back.  I feel like if we both came up with 9ft, it must be right.

Re flowers:  I'm the same way.  I'm a mega pain in the ass.  Like I'm even dictating the variety of the flower because I'm particular and know just enough to be trouble.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Re: wig math, I came to the same conclusion and posted a few pages back.  I feel like if we both came up with 9ft, it must be right.

Re flowers:  I'm the same way.  I'm a mega pain in the ass.  Like I'm even dictating the variety of the flower because I'm particular and know just enough to be trouble.  

I'll have to go find your post on wig math (which should definitely be an elective at all women's colleges!).  I can't do any other math, but 9 feet somehow just seemed right to me.  Very glad we got to the same answer without having to show our work.  📏

I grill people I send flowers to to make sure they didn't get cheap substitutions for the kinds I paid for.  So I manage to create pain for everyone involved, I guess, while trying to be the best flower sender ever.  We should send each other an arrangement and see how that turns out!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, ChitChat said:

I'm sorry for your loss, Sterling.  Hugs. 

I guess I'm giving LVP a slight pass this season just based on what she's going through, but I agree, she really should've kept those thoughts to herself.  On the other hand, I thought it was really low of Rinna to insist on the "air your grievances" session knowing that LVP was so emotional.  Rinna doesn't seem to have any empathy for what LVP is going through.  LVP probably should've sat this season out.   Rinna knows she's vulnerable right now, and she's wasting no time in trying to bring her down.  Her smugness about the whole thing irritates me.   

THANK YOU !!!! Lisa Rhinna is a total bitch !! Her envy meter is off the chart .Wish they would get rid of her. Every season she's focused on Lisa VP for some crap she has nothing to do with.  Lisa Rhinna instigates and stirs the pot , gets everyone riled up by her getting to them one on one , whispering untruths in their ears and making them think they didn't see what they actually saw,  they didn't hear what they actually heard.. she's a master manipulator against Lisa VP and they are stupid enough to take the bait and run with it.

• Love 9

After listening , reading blogs and boards and digesting I believe that many sides are at fault. It is all so circular. LVP has done many things in the past where she brings something up and others run with it. Then they feel manipulated by LVP and the voracious defense of conspiracy to make them look bad comes up. They never ever learn. They are so caught up in content for the show they forget about being basic human beings.

Watching Lisa RInna's face during the dinners speaks volumes. She is overjoyed at someone else being the object of LVP's ire and getting the same treatment as she did when she mentioned Munchausen syndrome   . It is only her big heart and humanitarianism that forces her to bring this all up and directly accuse LVP.

Hey, LVP may be guilty, I dont care. What is far worse is the pettiness and sanctimonious BS from the others.

LVP may have wanted the story a part of the show and then changed her mind on the direction for the story.  She did not want to outwardly blame Dorit. After all, she is married to PK, an old friend.  But the need for the girls to run with something blew up in her face. She could not keep this ball from rolling down hill.

• Love 7
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:18 PM, missyb said:

After listening , reading blogs and boards and digesting I believe that many sides are at fault. It is all so circular. LVP has done many things in the past where she brings something up and others run with it. Then they feel manipulated by LVP and the voracious defense of conspiracy to make them look bad comes up. They never ever learn. They are so caught up in content for the show they forget about being basic human beings.

Watching Lisa RInna's face during the dinners speaks volumes. She is overjoyed at someone else being the object of LVP's ire and getting the same treatment as she did when she mentioned Munchausen syndrome   . It is only her big heart and humanitarianism that forces her to bring this all up and directly accuse LVP.

Hey, LVP may be guilty, I dont care. What is far worse is the pettiness and sanctimonious BS from the others.

LVP may have wanted the story a part of the show and then changed her mind on the direction for the story.  She did not want to outwardly blame Dorit. After all, she is married to PK, an old friend.  But the need for the girls to run with something blew up in her face. She could not keep this ball from rolling down hill.

" What is far worse is the pettiness and sanctimonious BS from the others.   " Genius Quote"  describes exactly what they are ..

Edited by byrd
  • Love 5