Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E06: Aren’t Brochachos Just Adorable?

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I hope Angelina's flattery of Nick will end up being ironic.

And Mike at tribal council is looking more and more like his dad.

Aw, crap, no irony at all. I would rather have seen Lyrsa stay. 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

When Jeff asked Mike what kept their tribe going when they were clearly last my husband chirped from the chair next to me “because you wouldn’t shut the fuck up, Jeff.”

I’m still confused why Angelina keeps bellyaching about the jacket when that grey sweater looks warmer.

I am sure it is warm when it is dry.  In the rain, not so much,

• Love 6

Bad move boys.  Angelina will target both of you to ingratiate herself back with the Goliaths.

Jackets, jackets, jackets, lol!

Surprised Nick didn't name a F3 with Mike and Lyrsa.  Peachy really hates her doesn't he.  Then he trashes her again at the IC.  He had  a good one that night.

Veggie kabobs and jalepenos?  Lame reward.  They need protein (and I hate most vegetables).  No mention of the chickens.  Or the eggs  :)

As a fellow nerd, I understand Christian being flattered by the Bros.  Don't let it go to your head dude.  They are trying to use you.  The Bros.  always do.

"Hope is not a strategy"  Indeed! Good move Gabby. Alison looks prime to hook up with Gabby and take out a bro.

Ooh! I forgot she knows about Dan's idol.  (But not #2 ??)

Elizabeth pulls out the crazy.  Not sure if it's the right approach, but when one is in pain, one will do most anything to make it stop.

Carl dropped a bunch of points with his whining.  Not sure how to take it.  Editing?

Peachy's play by play in this challenge will be in his Top 10 reel of how extremely annoying and obnoxious he can be.

"She's not getting my jacket"  lol

I don't quite get how Mike thinks this "Goliath Strong" thing will help him down the road.  

Nick can go fuck himself.

Lyrsa was amazing in her exit.  

• Love 16

Lyrsa doesn't like that she'll have to sit next to Natalie at the Reunion. Lyrsa is my kind of people.

I'm still not rooting for anyone. I mean, I'll follow Mike on account that he's a two-time Racer, but I know he's probably not going to make it to the end. Christian? I still feels like he lays his thing on too thickly. I'm not saying that he's not socially awkward . . . I'm a bit of the same way, to be honest. I'm not saying that him being touched at being a Brochacho is false. It's . . . I don't know. Like I said after the first episode, it's like he's auditioning for a "Real Life Sheldons" show.

Probst, once again, is an asshole. I hate it when he yells at people falling behind, like in the Reward Challenge. Still waiting for someone to snap on him. Not being snippy like Jonathan Penner or snarky like Courtney. Just . . . "Jeff, would you shut the fuck up?!? Stop trying to sell the damn narrative!!"

I'm not keeping track of things. I just wanted Angelina to get sent to Ponderosa, see Natalie, and ask for her jacket yet again.

ETA: Or . . . "Hey, Jeff! Catch!" And they throw the giant saucer, and he gets flattened by it.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 22

Well that was super disappointing! I really wanted Lyrsa to go forward over Angelina, who seems so fake. I think Nick made a big mistake. Probably Mike too because I think Angelina would sell him out in a heartbeat.

I felt for them with that challenge. That's the exact type of thing I hate to try to move. I can't imagine how heavy it was with water. I knew somebody was going to drop it.

I totally agree that Christian is the star of the season. He's a very good narrator as well. 

• Love 24

I don't know if the Brochachos are adorable, but Christian continues to be. He is flourishing out there! And I love his relationship with John. 

But Dan? I'm very meh on him. I continue to breathe a sigh of relief when their tribe avoids TC, because I worry about Gabby. But after her conversation with Allison, I was kind of on board with sending Mr. Two Idols home unexpectedly.

Elizabeth really lost it this week. She's lucky they didn't go to TC either. I cringed watching it....yet I relate. So hard. I've been struggling with an undiagnosed back problem for a year now. Dealing with chronic pain is the worst. I also have pretty bad anxiety and I have been known to just flip out and decide a project needs to be done NOW and nothing else matters. I don't like this about myself and I felt for Elizabeth, because her freak out was a big red flag to her tribe mates.

I was a bit surprised by the Lyrsa vote. Angelina is definitely more of a threat in the game and not really someone I'd think you can trust. I'm gonna have to chew this one over. 

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, mojoween said:

When Jeff asked Mike what kept their tribe going when they were clearly last my husband chirped from the chair next to me “because you wouldn’t shut the fuck up, Jeff.”

I’m still confused why Angelina keeps bellyaching about the jacket when that grey sweater looks warmer.

I tip my hat to your husband!

10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know if the Brochachos are adorable, but Christian continues to be. He is flourishing out there! And I love his relationship with John. 

But Dan? I'm very meh on him. I continue to breathe a sigh of relief when their tribe avoids TC, because I worry about Gabby. But after her conversation with Allison, I was kind of on board with sending Mr. Two Idols home unexpectedly.

I was thinking of a good way to combine "Bro" with "Vamanos" for when they start getting voted out cuz they are so annoying.

The best I could come up with was "Bromanos"  -  "Bros! It's time to get the Hell out of here!"

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I tip my hat to your husband!

I was thinking of a good way to combine "Bro" with "Vamanos" for when they start getting voted out cuz they are so annoying.

The best I could come up with was "Bromanos"  -  "Bros! It's time to get the Hell out of here!"

Okay, where did the random long gray sweater come from? Doesn’t that negate the whole jacket-gate storyline?

• Love 5

I'm surprised Mike's name never came up as the vote since he's the one who basically gave up at the challenge. Yeah, they were toast anyway but the one who is the weak link that can't go on is usually the easy boot. 

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Jeff was far more annoying this episode than normal.

So sad to Lyrsa go, and even more sorry Angelina survived.  

I wasn't a big Lyrsa fan, but I hated to see Angelina stay.  I can't stand her.

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

It's not about "Goliath Strong" per se. Mike's argument and I did see his point, was getting rid of Angelina would have put the Goliaths down in the numbers coming into the merge and the other Goliaths would consider him responsible for that since he would have been the one on the tribe that got rid of Natalie and Angelina. So his thinking is that would put him in a tight spot and likely make them gun for him. It's not necessarily an unreasonable assumption.

So what.  Once the merge happens with majority Davids, Nick and Lyrsa could easily have protected him for quite awhile with many other Goliaths in front of him to get voted off.  He already betrayed Goliath by voting off Natalie.  That bridge has been burned.

He got scared and it will lead to a Goliath bro (not Christian) win.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Okay, where did the random long gray sweater come from? Doesn’t that negate the whole jacket-gate storyline?

Is it possible you may have replied to my post by mistake?  I never discussed the "jacke-gate" storyline.

Perhaps you meant to reply to a different post?

21 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I wasn't a big Lyrsa fan, but I hated to see Angelina stay.  I can't stand her.

I fully agree about Angelina. But I want to tell you that although I never liked Lyrsa much, someone posted an interview she did and in case you didn't see it, she came across as an extremely intelligent and a wonderful lady. If you get a chance, I would encourage you to check the thread for Episode 5 and take a quick look at what Lyrsa had to say. I think you may enjoy it very much.

I would post a link to that interview but for some silly reason, I can't find it. I don't know why.

• Love 1

I really hope the merge is coming soon. I get a knot in my stomach every episode when Dan unfairly targets sweet little Gabby. He's douchebro and I would be okay with him going home clutching two idols and being the spiritual successor to James.

My Gabby love grows every week...the way she flew off the bench overjoyed knowing she was safe again. If we can just get her to the merge then there are bigger fish to fry and we will have the pleasure of her company deep into the season.

In a twist of fate, 99% of the people I hate are on the purple team so seeing them loose was a win/win for me because I am happy to see any of them go. With that said it would have even been better if Mike went because I don't like that he automatically assumed he was made of Teflon and HE would never be the one voted off. Stranger things have been known to happen.

Like how the wrestler was giving his old team the Evil Eye for cutting Natalie loose.

Editors are still working overtime to make Christian the "Next Cochran" and I have no idea why.  Not sure what's worse...a contestant being force fed down our throats with countless confessionals compared to everyone else or a complete non-enitity like Cowboy Rick a few years ago.

Editors did fool me tonight though because usually when they reveal hidden backstory (in this case the cowgirl's back issues) its usually the kiss of death as they have to get that out there before the person goes home.

• Love 6

I wanted the Davids to have the numbers, but now that Lyrsa is gone, they don't. I knew it was either Angelina or Lyrsa going into tribal.

Sick and tired of hearing Dan saying that Gabby is the one to go if they lose immunity. Can't stand that guy at all. When I saw Alison and Gabby talk, I thought there was a chance that Dan could be blindsided if they lost the immunity challenge. Alison knows about Dan's idol, but not his second. It would be nice to see him blindsided with two idols and by Gabby and Alison's doing.

Surprised by Elizabeth having back problems before coming out to play the game. I thought her having that anger issue with the sleeping on bamboo and her back hurting and trying to redo part of the shelter was the buildup to her going if Vuku lost. Kara was enjoying the argument between the Elizabeth, Carl, and Davie because she could find herself safe. I kind of felt bad for Elizabeth. Lucky for her, they won.

Edited by TVFan1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

Well that was super disappointing! I really wanted Lyrsa to go forward over Angelina, who seems so fake. I think Nick made a big mistake. Probably Mike too because I think Angelina would sell him out in a heartbeat.

I felt for them with that challenge. That's the exact type of thing I hate to try to move. I can't imagine how heavy it was with water. I knew somebody was going to drop it.

I totally agree that Christian is the star of the season. He's a very good narrator as well. 

Christian is the best. He seems so sincere to whomever he’s talking to. His confessionals are everything. I’m not sure who will last longer. Him or Gabby but I’m along for the ride. Will he ride it out with the Brochacho’s? Will they cut him first? Will Christian & Gabby cut one of them first? So many questions. It’s been such a great season and we’re not even done. So much fun. 

• Love 14

While I sympathize with Elizabeth's back issues ( I have my own and along with the joints in my hips hurting, I can't even sleep in a regular bed, let alone on bamboo !). But why are we just hearing about it now ? They've been out there, what 2 + weeks ? Has she just been enduring it all this time ? And like what someone upthread said, she should have just calmly explained it a bit instead of flying off the handle.

• Love 8

I'm actually scared of how I would have reacted if Carl and Davie were on the chopping block.  Thank goodness.  I'm freaking LUCKY in some ways.  Glad Mike is safe, and he definitely plays smarter than I would have even thought.....  

I told you guys, the way Carl plays is poetic and beautiful, and when they lost the RC and he said "Hey, at least it's not Tribal" and APPLAUDED for his loser team?  I mean........... guys. Come on.  I don't even know how casting came upon this unicorn.  

Lyrsa got really likeable at the end.  Yeah it's really Pollyana that she couldn't even lie to Angelina's face, but she has integrity up the ass.  I admire it.  Nick did what he had to do, and I get it.  But man I would have been totally fine with Angelina going instead.  Mike did what he had to do.  School of Rock forever.

It was nice seeing Christian being kind of annoying and not totally perfect for once.

14 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Probst, once again, is an asshole. I hate it when he yells at people falling behind, like in the Reward Challenge.

I also noticed he made a huge deal about the Nameless Woman putting together a piece of the puzzle, yet when the camera panned to her she was doing anything but.  She was just kind of floundering.  Bad editing, or does Jeff say whatever the F he pleases to rile people up? 

edited:  Nameless Woman is Alison.  Thanks guys

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Tasha Brand said:

I can't be the only one who thinks that Dan is totally being set up for a fall.  He's twice boasted over how good of a game he's playing just because he has two idols, and not in any self-deprecating way, but in a completely self-congratulatory way.  That usually means a boot is coming your way, and sometimes sooner rather than later.

Has Dan ever watched an episode of this show?  He just really strikes me as someone who is very gullible and naive.  And that is why I think your scenario may play out.  But the fact he congratulates himself on his awesomeness for having two idols (where a large percentage of people left know about one of them) makes me think he at least missed the seasons where someone went home with an idol on their pocket.  Or two, in James's case.  Or someone else's, in the case of Scot/Jason.  I just don't think he gets the concept of the game very well, and that no one is going to be impressed if he makes it to the end just because he had two idols.  I can see him doing some grand standing thing like Dom did last season, or even Malcolm with the 3 amigos, if he has to play them, but I think it'll be more of a turn off and bravado (or is it bro-vado?) 

While I sympathize with Elizabeth's back issues ( I have my own and along with the joints in my hips hurting, I can't even sleep in a regular bed, let alone on bamboo !). But why are we just hearing about it now ? They've been out there, what 2 + weeks ? Has she just been enduring it all this time ? And like what someone upthread said, she should have just calmly explained it a bit instead of flying off the handle.

What I've never understood is why anyone with bad back issues would even go on this show.  I have many reasons why I wouldn't, but back issues and some other physical issues are a large part of it.  There is no way I'd ever be able to sleep on a bunch of bamboo or wood.  I'm thinking there had to be more to the whole blow up, but then again, Elizabeth seems like she could fly off the handle pretty easily.  It's probably why I've been impressed with how she's played the game.

I just can't get on the Gabby train.  She cries WAY too much, and she looks like Gollum.  I guess Christian is her Preciousss.

I want to like Gabby more than I do, but I'm resigned to thinking she's going to get carried through the game and constantly have to be reassured by her alliance mates.

• Love 12

I found it very interesting that one of the first camera shots of this episode was a bat hanging from a tree that took its wings and wrapped them around its body really tight - much like a person would wrap a jacket around their body to protect themselves from the cold.

I just watched this episode. But I've only watched it once. Usually I need to watch several times to get a good feel. But I was somewhat disappointed with this episode. Jeff was an incredible pain in the ass. I usually complain loudly and often about Jeff. Several things he does really get on my nerves and he was doing all those things tonight at full volume. I kept hoping he would ask someone one of his typical semi-thoughtless questions and they would reply, "Don't you ever shut the fuck up, asshole?"  I honestly thought Mike was thinking precisely that at the TC. You could see some thought like that going through his mind when he paused before he answered one of Jeff's questions.

Just non-stop drivel from Jeff.  Drivel and Dribble.  The worst line of the night was when Jeff kindly informed us that one tribe had just "literally" dropped their saucer and lost all their water. I felt like strangling the jerk. Is there some other way to drop a saucer full of water? Can it be done in a "figurative" sense?  Can it be done "metaphorically"?   I better stop before I come across as a total jerk.  I complained about Jeff a few weeks ago and someone here correctly chastized me saying, "he was just doing his job". OK. I can accept that.  But at some point, it just gets to be too much - much too much!

I apologize to all of the Jeff fans. I realize that when it comes to Jeff, there are far more fans than there are critics. But I just can't contain myself after seeing this episode. I've never seen Jeff behave in a more outrageous manner. I'm just happy he didn't say anything truly offensive about Lyrsa. I kept expecting to hear him say something truly awful - LITERALLY AWFUL!!!

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

I can't be the only one who thinks that Dan is totally being set up for a fall.  He's twice boasted over how good of a game he's playing just because he has two idols, and not in any self-deprecating way, but in a completely self-congratulatory way.  That usually means a boot is coming your way, and sometimes sooner rather than later.

I fully agree.  But Angelina seems to think of herself as some kind of strategic mastermind and I would be happy to see her go home soon. But it's difficult to tell if she is being set up for a blindside or if it is the audience who is being set up for one.

5 hours ago, willco said:

Elizabeth surprised me tonight. I had always previously thought she was one of the "Top Tier" players - an excellent strategic analyst. But letting her negative feelings be known now makes me think that she is actually in some Second Level Tier. Several of the other players are significantly better than she is. If I had to guess, I would think that John, Allison and Christian are currently the strongest players in the game. Knowing when to keep one's mouth shut seems to be a very underrated skill in this game. When someone advises you to just "blow it out" ... that is a real clear sign that you should do just about anything but "blow it out". It seemed pretty clear to me that Elizabeth was outsmarted tonight.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 4

Christian is growing on me.  The spear fishing tutorial (“kinetic energy...i.e. stabbing”) was fun.  But I worry that he is getting too confident in his Bro-Magnon alliance.  As PaperTree noted upstream, they’re just using him.  I also hope he doesn’t get so dazzled that he forgets about Gabby.  Speaking of Gabby, I’m encouraged by her potential alliance with Allison (who?).

Can someone explain to me why sleeping on split bamboo would be more comfortable than sleeping on unsplit bamboo? The side that contacts your body would still be just as rounded and bumpy as before.

And to answer the episode title:  No. No, they really are not.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 16

Christian is such an odd duck. If I didn't know better, I'd swear he was a fairly good looking actor pretending to be a nerd. 

Reason #806 I could never be on Survivor : there is literally no way I could sleep on bamboo with a sore back for 16 days, let alone 16 minutes, without complaining once. Oh, and also gather wood and do brutal challenges. I'm such a wimp compared to these people. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

Christian is such an odd duck. If I didn't know better, I'd swear he was a fairly good looking actor pretending to be a nerd. 

Reason #806 I could never be on Survivor : there is literally no way I could sleep on bamboo with a sore back for 16 days, let alone 16 minutes, without complaining once. Oh, and also gather wood and do brutal challenges. I'm such a wimp compared to these people. 

Oh, I can't accept that. Why should you have to sleep on bamboo with a sore back for 16 days? It just seems like such cruel and unusual punishment. I wish some high-powered lawyer would finally sue these jerkoffs. Even if they don't win the first time they try, they can keep on trying until the producers finally figure it out. They can't keep torturing people in the name of "entertainment" in 2018. It's just wrong - all wrong!  What the Hell? They figure it's OK to keep doing this?  In 2018?  

Well, it's NOT OK.  At least, it's not OK with me.  Bas-tardos!

Edited by MissBluxom
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Can someone explain to me why sleeping on split bamboo would be more comfortable than sleeping on unsplit bamboo? The side that contacts your body would still be just as rounded and bumpy as before.

I was trying to figure this out and I got as far as that because the bottoms are flat, they don't roll on the support pieces, but just rest? Or that you could somehow be cutting them so they were all the same height, so the overall surface would be flatter (although I feel like that's more unlikely). 

What baffled me was the whole 'that's a whole day job' thing. They showed them doing one pretty much from start to finish and it took a couple of minutes, and there didn't seem that many pieces to do. But even allowing for it being a big job, it was just pulling out the surface bamboo, wasn't it? Not dissassembling the whole structure. So you could start at one end, pull one out, spilt it, put it back, pull the next one out, split it, put it back (removing extras as you took up space? Maybe?) and if you run out of daylight you just have half the structure done and the other half not and nobody sleeps on the weird two-level junction bit in the middle? Or that's how it looked to me, but maybe they just weren't explaining it well. 

One thing I'm noticing - and liking - this season is that we're getting a good amount of strategy/voting talk from each tribe before we get to IC, so there's not that annoying obvious 'oh, all we've seen is who's in trouble on tribe X for half an hour so obviously they're going to lose now' feeling. A positive side-effect of that is I actually think I know who everyone is? 

I don't know how I feel about Christian. I like him 75% of the time and then he veers way, WAY too hard into Cochran territory and I just can't stand it. I can't tell if he's getting a narrator edit or a winners edit - a lot of that 'I'm becoming a Goliath' stuff felt very winnery. 

Overall, I feel like this episode wasn't overly exciting, but it's set things up nicely for the merge. This season is impressive so far - I'm still hoping for some sort of idol nullifier vs. two idols madness down the track but I can't see how it could happen, and the nullifier hasn't been mentioned since it was found which has me thinking it's going to be a fizzer. 

• Love 16

Legendary exit interview.  This has been a great season so far.  There are so many intriguing possibilities for the future, too.  I wonder how it will go.  So far there has been a lot of aisle crossing and potential aisle crossing -- like with Carl determined to vote out Elizabeth on the one tribe where Davids have a majority, madness.  But great.  As that scene faded out I said out loud to the TV, "This is great because they're all lunatics!"

But I wonder to what extent that lunacy is for real.  Alec is obviously a real-life crazy person who will vote out his tribemate and lose the majority for no apparent reason.  But I doubt that Mike is, and I feel sure Angelina isn't.  They may have voted out Natalie but that was a uniquely difficult personality (and, I trust, someone to be known by posterity as a Survivor legend.)  I think this vote shows that they still think of themselves as Goliaths, whatever they tell Jeff.  And I equally doubt that Carl, Elizabeth, or Davie would vote against each other despite their conflicts.  And there is no way I believe Gabby's tears would really sway Alison to vote anti-Goliath, though she might to try to send Dan home with an idol in his pocket (and another she doesn't know about!)  The edit was really hammering on the fact that this vote will AFFECT THE ENTIRE COURSE OF THE GAME and it might have just been an effort to wring some drama from the vote, but it might well be true, whether because the Goliaths Pagong the Davids or because the Davids overcome the Goliaths; either way it only makes sense if the two original tribes are still going concerns.  (I do think Nick is something of an exception, because his strategy is to form (named) duos, and I don't think he minds what tribe as long as the duos continue to exist.  Which makes him an interesting player to watch.  Can this idea of his work?  Will be interesting to see.)

Have to agree with everyone that Jeff was extra annoying tonight.  (And just extra, as the kids say.)  He couldn't seem to make up his mind if he was trying to bully Jabeni into giving up or to pep-talk them into winning the challenge; it seemed like he was doing both at the same time.  "WHAT A PATHETIC DISPLAY OF UTTER FAILURE BY THE WORST TRIBE OF LOSER BABIES I'VE EVER SEEN, but Mike what's the feeling when you absolutely refuse to give up and you win just one for the Gipper?"  ("What's the feeling" is a favorite Jeffism of the past ten seasons or so, isn't it?  Like the "all the fixin's" thing before it.)  Can it, Probst!

8 hours ago, vb68 said:

Well that was super disappointing! I really wanted Lyrsa to go forward over Angelina, who seems so fake. I think Nick made a big mistake.

Nick fought as hard as I think he realistically could for Lyrsa.  He made a lot of compelling arguments for her.  But Mike made up his mind to be afraid of the Goliaths (as @truthaboutluv has ably broken down) and Nick wasn't going to rocks ,which would be 50/50 here between himself and his fellow Rock Star, his only solid cross-tribe relationship and ally, so he'd lose either way.

Angelina's annoying but I do feel like she brings more to the table, TV-wise, than Lyrsa.  The Jacket Saga will go down in the history books, and someone playing with strategy, even bad strategy, is always better than someone playing with "loyalty and trust", two words that add up to "Naviti Strong". 

1 hour ago, MissEwa said:

What baffled me was the whole 'that's a whole day job' thing. They showed them doing one pretty much from start to finish and it took a couple of minutes, and there didn't seem that many pieces to do. But even allowing for it being a big job, it was just pulling out the surface bamboo, wasn't it? Not dissassembling the whole structure. So you could start at one end, pull one out, spilt it, put it back, pull the next one out, split it, put it back (removing extras as you took up space? Maybe?) and if you run out of daylight you just have half the structure done and the other half not and nobody sleeps on the weird two-level junction bit in the middle? Or that's how it looked to me, but maybe they just weren't explaining it well. 

Also, if you're cutting them in two, wouldn't you only have to do half of them? 

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, MissEwa said:

I was trying to figure this out and I got as far as that because the bottoms are flat, they don't roll on the support pieces, but just rest? Or that you could somehow be cutting them so they were all the same height, so the overall surface would be flatter (although I feel like that's more unlikely). 

I'm just guessing. But maybe the rounded bamboo tends to move around a little more - maybe they roll around a little while the split ones stay firmly in place? Just a guess.

KimberStormer makes a good point about the job should only take half as long. Funny how so many of the people in this forum seem so much smarter than so many of the contestants.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

Have to agree with everyone that Jeff was extra annoying tonight.  (And just extra, as the kids say.)  He couldn't seem to make up his mind if he was trying to bully Jabeni into giving up or to pep-talk them into winning the challenge; it seemed like he was doing both at the same time.  "WHAT A PATHETIC DISPLAY OF UTTER FAILURE BY THE WORST TRIBE OF LOSER BABIES I'VE EVER SEEN, but Mike what's the feeling when you absolutely refuse to give up and you win just one for the Gipper?"  ("What's the feeling" is a favorite Jeffism of the past ten seasons or so, isn't it?  Like the "all the fixin's" thing before it.)  Can it, Probst!

It's like when there is a large plane crash with great loss of life and some idiot TV reporter rushes to the homes of the victims and asks their families, "How do you feel about .... "  I become so angry at that kind of stupidity. How the Hell do you think they feel? You really think they need to answer such an idiotic question? I just wish that reporters needed to be licensed so they could lose their license whenever they did something so re-dick-less.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Replying in the speculation thread.

5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I told you guys, the way Carl plays is poetic and beautiful, and when they lost the RC and he said "Hey, at least it's not Tribal" and APPLAUDED for his loser team?  I mean........... guys. Come on.  I don't even know how casting came upon this unicorn.  

My Carl-love moment was when Elizabeth, in her fury, nearly knocked him off his feet with the bamboo she was dragging.  Instead of getting mad, he calmly picked up the back end of it and helped her with it. God bless him, I wish I could be more like him.

Instead I'm like Elizabeth, prone to keep a lid on my irritation until it all blows up like a cheap pressure cooker.  Elizabeth is a good example of why I think they need to cast more old people on Survivor. A fit 60 year-old can withstand the elements better than a young one with a bad back, or a young one who runs cold.  I think it's all  a matter of the individual's condition. 

Dan, your 350 pound self is telling you to quit bragging so much. 

Lyrsa should have had more confessionals, she's funny and honest.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I also noticed he made a huge deal about the Nameless Woman putting together a piece of the puzzle, yet when the camera panned to her she was doing anything but.  She was just kind of floundering.  Bad editing, or does Jeff say whatever the F he pleases to rile people up? 

edited:  Nameless Woman is Alison.  Thanks guys

I noticed this too.  I think Jeff already decided he was going to say that, expecting Alison to be doing that, looked away to prepare his next statement and just said it.  

3 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

Oh, I can't accept that. Why should you have to sleep on bamboo with a sore back for 16 days? It just seems like such cruel and unusual punishment. I wish some high-powered lawyer would finally sue these jerkoffs. Even if they don't win the first time they try, they can keep on trying until the producers finally figure it out. They can't keep torturing people in the name of "entertainment" in 2018. It's just wrong - all wrong!  What the Hell? They figure it's OK to keep doing this?  In 2018?  

Well, it's NOT OK.  At least, it's not OK with me.  Bas-tardos!

Well, they ARE getting paid to be there and did sign up for it willingly.  And signed a million page contract.  When it comes down to it, Elizabeth had a choice and she chose to be there.  No suing necessary.  

• Love 20

Elizabeth said that her back was problematic four weeks before she left for Survivor. I wonder if it was something new and she was worried that she would not have another opportunity to play Survivor so she went to play.

A better way for Elizabeth to play this would have been to simply cut the bamboo and make a pile of the split logs. She could have replaced the shelter bamboo once they had split enough. And Davie could have simply removed the split bamboo and made a pile and suggested that splitting the bamboo and replacing it all at once would be a better approach. I did not see Carl as trying to help Elizabeth. He was annoyed and pushing the bamboo away when Elizabeth walked by. And Carl's complaint that he was woken up from his nap by someone working was ridiculous. Elizabeth's comments point to the fact that they have discussed the need to split the bamboo to make the platform easier to sleep on and no one has started the project. Davie's comment that it is a full day job points to the fact that they have had this conversation and that the tribe knows it needs to be done. It might be a lower priority for others but if there was time to nap, then there was time to split some bamboo and fix the shelter. Or they could have been splitting bamboo a few at a time and made a pile to quickly replace once they had a large enough pile.

Honestly, this felt more like Elizabeth had complained about the bed and the tribe has discussed fixing it but it has not been done. Elizabeth was trying not to "whine" and dictate what the tribe should do but no one was working on something that was a priority for her. Elizabeth finally said screw it and started to work on the project solo and Carl and Davie were pissed off because Elizabeth interrupted their naps.

The purple tribe really was sucky at challenges. That was pathetic. The reward challenge was pretty bad but they got lucky that the Orange tribe couldn't play a carnival game. The Green tribe was pretty impressive. They have the right mixture of nerds and muscle. I am sure that Christian and Gabby were able to help with making sure they had the right amount of water and how to transfer the water safely at the end while the muscles of Jon and Dan helped to keep the container level and reduce the water level.

I understand Mike's decision. I don't think for a second that Mike trusts Angelina but that Mike could not be seen as responsible for wiping out the Goliath's number advantage. Yes, he was going to have Nick and Lyrisa at the merge but he would be low man on the David totem pole. And Mike would struggle to try and work with the Goliaths. I think everyone understands the Natalie vote. Jon looked annoyed but Jon and Natalie had an alliance. If Natalie is to be believed, Natalie helped Jon and Angelina coordinate the vote against Jeremy to protect Jon and Angelina's honor. I am sure that Jon was annoyed that his alliance mate and a great goat was gone. I think the rest of the Goliath tribe would have been fine with Natalie being gone.

I understand Nick's choice because he knew Mike was dug in and a 50/50 chance at going home to protect Lyrisa when Nick had a solid alliance with Mike would have been reckless.

I like seeing how the Green tribe is interacting. I think Dan has been fine. Dan is thinking about who he would vote out if his tribe went to tribal. In Dan's mind it will be Christian or Gabby because he has played longer with Jon and Angela and Dan knows that numbers at the merge are important. Dan has been hanging out with Christian and like Christian. Gabby has been less outgoing then Christian. Dan would prefer to keep Christian then Gabby. I have no problem with that. That is the game and I don't think Dan is being particularly dickish about his vote. Gabby said that Dan has not been discussing strategy with her, Allison agreed that was the case. I wonder how much Dan has been discussing strategy with Christian? As much as we have seen Christian hanging out with Dan and Jon, we have not seen them discussing strategy, just working and discussing Slam Town.

Gabby gets that she is at the bottom of that tribe because she is from the tribe that is in the Minority (David's) and she is not as outgoing as Christian. I am thrilled to see Gabby reach out to Allison and try and do something about the situation. I have been thrilled to see how well Gabby has done in the challenges. I think Gabby is doing a pretty good job and is working hard to survive in the game.

With the exception of Natalie, I think the players this season have been playing good games that have been reasonably respectful of one another. Overall I like the people and think that most of them are there to play. It has been a good season.

• Love 19

Does it seem like John and Christian are becoming the tighter pair amongst the Brochachos (and that feels really stupid typing that word out)?    I had forgotten what they were joking about but John was actually almost giggling.   It just seemed sweet and real.    I think Christian is playing a brilliant game.  He's self effacing, humble, social, etc.    I love him.

If Dan hasn't even approached Gabby to talk, perhaps he isn't even making an effort with Allison who is a fellow Goliath.    Allison could be pairing up with Gabby after the merge to take Dan out, perhaps.   I think Gabby is absolutely gorgeous.   All of her features work together.    

I love this season's cast.    There's no one person that I'm hating.   There's no strategy that I hate, i.e. "Naviti Strong".    

Edited by EllipticalAddicted
  • Love 13